Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

Alright, everyone, here it is, that glorious 33-pull! Time to share your joy and salt!

My pull: 6/33, two rainbows and four discos!
    • Sleipnir's Tail: Rydia's En-Earth BSB. A dupe. Can't even combine it, because I already have a +++ version. Straight into storage you go.
    • Bridal Gown: Yuna's LMR with W-Cast. W-Cast LMRs are super useful, it's just a shame she sucks as a WHM.
    • Ragnarok: Cloud's dated OSB. A dupe. I don't even think its +Wind realm synergy will save it from being combined.
    • Cactuar Plushie: Iris' USB. 0CT heal, revive, Hastega, and user fastcast. Not bad. But revives are less valuable than Guts, and I have her BSB, which is fantastic.
    • Musk Pole: Rapha's USB. Hastega, party +MAG, and party fastcast, plus En-Lightning. Pity it's a dupe. And since it offers no bonus, combo fodder.
    • Ama-no-Murakumo: GILGAMESH's USB. Damage, En-Fire, +ATK, and SAM abilities chased with Fire. Super nice.

Sure, I got some dupes, but it was free, so it's a net win.

Happy pulls, all!

EDIT: And then I thought, heck with it, let's try one more realm draw. XI is up, 15 mythril gone, survey says: Two rainbows. Both of them Zeid's BSB. Which is already a dupe. Message received, done for now.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2019-01-01 at 08:28 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #452
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

5/33 on my pull, with only a single dupe. And the other 4 relics being for already well developed characters, making using them immediately a no issue.

- Barbaricia's USB - she already was breaking rocks with BSB and LMR. Now, she's gonna do the Windy thing a lot harder. And a Mag USB +wind dagger is great gear, specially solving Red XIII's needs when I use him.

- Terra's USB 2 - a nice hat, seems to be so great at keeping Terra warm she caught fire. It's her Astra USB, with the special command thing. Super reinforcement for team Fire's Mages. Sorry Ace, you almost made it.

- Golbez RLM - a super nice helmet. Also, the dupe.

- Garnet's RLM - and Garnet keeps giving me reasons to use her. Of course, most of her arguments are a variation of "Ramuh". But now she promises to make buffs last longer. Actually, it's pretty nice of her.

- Gladiolus RLM - Another Gladiolus Relic Materia? Now it's W cast Knight, so he doesn't even need too hard a dive. I give him an 8 for effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I think I'm actually done with this game. The higher-level challenges (i.e. Magicite and such) are too esoteric for me, while anything else is totally braindead. There's just not really any enjoyment in it anymore.

I wish you all lucky pulls and lots of fun.
    Aww :(
    At least do the free pull?

Speaking of which, nice pulls, Red Fel and Slayn!
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I'm sure this is already known by most, if not all of you, but for those of you who are like me and were unaware of this: When you sort your soulbreaks in the vault by "Unmastered" so you can see which ones you still need to master, it DOES NOT show legend materia. You need to specifically select "materia" option and then click on unmastered for that. I wasn't aware there was a distinction until just now. Was trying to figure out why the 3 XIV relics I pulled from the realm pull earlier wasn't showing up via the unmastered tab. Selected "gained, newest" and they were there. So then I went browsing and saw the materia selector.

As it turns out, I have about a dozen or more of things left to master, LOL. Thought I had caught back up again, guess not!
    Avatar is Chaos Devil Dragon from Puzzle & Dragons!

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    So, I'm sure this is already known by most, if not all of you, but for those of you who are like me and were unaware of this: When you sort your soulbreaks in the vault by "Unmastered" so you can see which ones you still need to master, it DOES NOT show legend materia. You need to specifically select "materia" option and then click on unmastered for that. I wasn't aware there was a distinction until just now. Was trying to figure out why the 3 XIV relics I pulled from the realm pull earlier wasn't showing up via the unmastered tab. Selected "gained, newest" and they were there. So then I went browsing and saw the materia selector.

As it turns out, I have about a dozen or more of things left to master, LOL. Thought I had caught back up again, guess not!
    That's a pleasant surprise.

I beat a couple Torments, got the 6* Knight Ability, honed it to r3. Going to try the 220 Bahamut to get that sweet VII accessory. He just does so much damage, need some leech abilities.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

6. - Top - End - #456
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Not much notable on my end- technically some boosts for Elarra and quite a few LMR, but not much that was really high priority.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground

Edit: Oooh, super funny thing. Got another rainbow orb on daily draw this morning! It was hilariously awful. Was an X realm Shared SB relic, the "Monk Robe", it's SB removes all debuffs from one ally! I won't even be bothering to leveling it to 20, it's stats are abysmal. Thankfully I don't throw away 5* relics, as I recently read up on upcoming updates, most particularly the 4th anni update which will add the ability to turn 5* relics(and accessories) into rainbow shards that can be used to do something or another(I think level the Legendary weapons? Could be wrong though, but I think that's it). So huzzah! I have a ton of crappy 5* that I've just never had the heart to throw away that will finally have some use :)

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    That's a pleasant surprise.

I beat a couple Torments, got the 6* Knight Ability, honed it to r3. Going to try the 220 Bahamut to get that sweet VII accessory. He just does so much damage, need some leech abilities.
    Its really not as bad as you might think, I beat it before I went to bed this morning. It did take a few tries, but only to make a few adjustments on my strategy, didn't have to change the characters I took at all. The biggest thing is to make sure that you fill that crystals HP. The rest is reasonably easy to be honest.

Set-up:

Rosa: Wrath/Curada(used it once, lol), Dr. Mogs Teachings RM, USB
    Cloud: Hailstorm/Raging Quadstrike 40% Sword Dmg RM, USB1, USB2(never even got to use USB 2 though)
    Zack: Ripping Blast/Life Siphon Battleforged RM, USB1 and Chain
    Vaan: Wrath/Dash and Slash Ace Strike RM, USB1/USB2(Use USB1 first, then USB2, then spam D&S)
    Rikku: Enfeebling Jitterbug/Multi Break Mako Might RM, USB1.

As you can see, I did not take a Wall, not sure if his attacks are piercing or not, but I just couldn't fit it in with my strategy. I initially tried to bruteforce it and kill him before he could do his 99,999 dmg attack, but the closest I could get was about 10-15% HP left. So after a few tries of that, I gave up and concentrated on making sure that crystal was full. Now thankfully, that was incredibly easy.

Zack was the key player in my 2nd strategy as with him fully legend dived he's just like shelke: He get's 3 actions that are instant. So after several restarts to get the timing down right now, I would have him use the RW that's provided in succession for his first 3 turns. Basically went something like this:

Zack goes first(odd, as Vaan's also fully legend dived and he has multiple speed spheres), once he can go I counted to 5, used the RW, then vaan Wrath'd, Rikku USB1'd, Cloud would Hailstorm, Rosa would Curada herself(she would die on the third attack otherwise, and I couldn't afford to waste any of her SB gauge). Then Zack would get to go again, I'd count to 4 and use the RW, then Wrath for Vaan, Multi-break, Hailstorm again. Then it would be Zack's turn again and now I had to count to I believe 6, then use RW again. That third use filled the crystal. After that I just treated it like a normal fight, making sure to destroy the Exaflare.

Once I took the 99,999 dmg attack(only once, I won the fight that I made it that far in) and I revived, it was easy-peasy. Zack would Chain, Cloud USB'd then used Raging Quadstrike, Vaan used USB1, USB2, then D&S'd until the end, I had Rikku use her USB1 again, then the new RW(99,999 dmg against all targets, which was an immediate kill against the exaflare). Rosa wrath'd until I needed to heal then used her USB1. At the very end I had Rosa use the RW for the 2nd time and it killed Bahamut. I won with all people standing, albeit in poor shape.

I'm not bothering with the Transcendent version, I've never been able to beat those, and there's no way I can now either I imagine.

I also beat the III Apoc++ fight, which was honestly MUCH harder than the Bahamut 220 fight. I barely beat it, had 3 people standing, which was amazingly enough for the mastery. I had to change my strategy and characters around several times, and even then it came down to luck. Don't remember the set-up I finally won with, just know that it was a race to see who got the final hit off, because his next attack would have wiped my party, thankfully cloud got off an Omega Drive that was backed by his USB1.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2019-01-07 at 04:13 AM.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

Nice victory! And thatís a nice Wind team, man. I lack Zackís Chain.

Oh, and I did indeed beat him. Basically took my Holy team. I too pretty much spammed the RW, a few restarts to get the timing down right.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

So, decided to take a shot at one of the 300 battles in the warriors gauntlet, more specifically the Garland fight, as I crushed the 220 fight as if he was made out of papier-mache. Unfortunately the 300 is distinctly NOT made out of papier-mache, more made out of freaking Titanium. Even still, I got him down to about 40%, and probably could have gone further, but I realized two very important things. 1: I need more hones for this fight for rikku. She had Mug-Bloodlust(solely for it's debuff, not for it's buff), and Enfeebling Jitterbug. MB was only r2, it needs to be r3 for sure, and EJ was r3, and clearly needs to be r4 or even r5, as I had one hone left when I threw the fight. 2: Cloud is NOT going to work here. I need to go through and find someone that has strong Earth damage or strong Holy damage SB, preferably Earth and that has an earth imperil as well. I mean he was doing "Alright" damage, about 7500 damage a hit with Omega Drive with Rikku USB + Leo USB/BSB, but I feel like I could be hitting 9999 dmg with another person and with leo(leo's damage was just abysmal over-all, even with his own buffs on him. Only saving grace is his ability to double proc knight abilities some of the time).

On the topic of earth damage, is there not an earth damage RM or hell, a knight dmg RM? Because I went through all my RM's and didn't find a single earth or knight dmg one, I had to equip Leo with a sword RM.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, Tifa gives much more Earth damage. Dunno about Knight.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

On the topic of earth damage, is there not an earth damage RM or hell, a knight dmg RM? Because I went through all my RM's and didn't find a single earth or knight dmg one, I had to equip Leo with a sword RM.
    Well, let's consult the Holy PDF:
    • Earth 1.3x: Tifa 99 (Face the Past)
    • Earth 1.2x: Cinque 65 (Iron Maiden)
    • KNT 1.4x: Agrias 99 (Holy Knight's Muse)
    • KNT 1.3x: Agrias 65 (Holy Knight's Pride), Dorgann 65 (Tempered Blade), Marche 65 (Crystal Breaker)

That help?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ettin in the Playground

Woot! I knew I could manage it! Just beat the 300 Garland fight. Had to sub in Tifa for Cloud since I have her USB, and eventually I had to give up on using Rosa as my healer, and went with Ovelia since I have her USB, which has Last Stand on it. For whatever reason I kept getting unlucky and I'd lose Tifa somewhere between 50-75% of Garlands health, and Emperor just wasn't enough to beat him by himself with that much health left(It was close though, super close. The final try before I switched out Rosa I got Garland to <1% health left, there was literally no red left, I actually thought I had won. Then he killed me on his next turn as I was completely out of all healing, despite having r4 Ultra Cure and r4 Curada).

Even with a ton of debuffs on him that was a tough fight. I had Faris using FB and MB + her USB, and when I started getting more gauge than I knew what to do with I'd use her BSB1 since it's technically a stronger FB + stronger MB/AB. Then I had Rikku using Enfeebling Jitterbug + Mug Bloodlust, and Emperor's USB2 which was ATK/MAG/Resistance I think? Not 100%. Even with all of that his damage was just so insane due to the speed of which it came in. I was starting to think I might have needed to just give up on Faris and bring Rosa back in for dual-healing, with the plan of giving her Wrath and Ace Striker for massive bar build-up and just keep her on the ready to use her USB, plus maybe through out the occasional Curaja or something. Not sure how that would have played out with the loss of all the debuffs Faris brings.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ettin in the Playground

Woot! I knew I could manage it! Just beat the 300 Garland fight. Had to sub in Tifa for Cloud since I have her USB, and eventually I had to give up on using Rosa as my healer, and went with Ovelia since I have her USB, which has Last Stand on it. For whatever reason I kept getting unlucky and I'd lose Tifa somewhere between 50-75% of Garlands health, and Emperor just wasn't enough to beat him by himself with that much health left(It was close though, super close. The final try before I switched out Rosa I got Garland to <1% health left, there was literally no red left, I actually thought I had won. Then he killed me on his next turn as I was completely out of all healing, despite having r4 Ultra Cure and r4 Curada).

Even with a ton of debuffs on him that was a tough fight. I had Faris using FB and MB + her USB, and when I started getting more gauge than I knew what to do with I'd use her BSB1 since it's technically a stronger FB + stronger MB/AB. Then I had Rikku using Enfeebling Jitterbug + Mug Bloodlust, and Emperor's USB2 which was ATK/MAG/Resistance I think? Not 100%. Even with all of that his damage was just so insane due to the speed of which it came in. I was starting to think I might have needed to just give up on Faris and bring Rosa back in for dual-healing, with the plan of giving her Wrath and Ace Striker for massive bar build-up and just keep her on the ready to use her USB, plus maybe through out the occasional Curaja or something. Not sure how that would have played out with the loss of all the debuffs Faris brings.
    Grats!

I don't think I'll put serious effort into any of the 300s, unfortunately. Short on time. I'll barely get other stuff done.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Grats!

I don't think I'll put serious effort into any of the 300s, unfortunately. Short on time. I'll barely get other stuff done.
    Yeah I won't be either, I just picked the one out of the 4 that I thought I could probably handle the 300 difficulty, just to see if I could actually fight and win a battle with that level of difficulty. Was pretty happy to see that I could, even with all my breaks I've still managed to maintain a decent level of strength to my account which is nice :).

Finished up the rest of the warriors fights, except Siegfried(the 5th one that you unlock once the 220 fight's been won on all the other fights), not a clue how tough either of his fights are, wanted to look into the fight and see what he's like.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah I won't be either, I just picked the one out of the 4 that I thought I could probably handle the 300 difficulty, just to see if I could actually fight and win a battle with that level of difficulty. Was pretty happy to see that I could, even with all my breaks I've still managed to maintain a decent level of strength to my account which is nice :).

Finished up the rest of the warriors fights, except Siegfried(the 5th one that you unlock once the 220 fight's been won on all the other fights), not a clue how tough either of his fights are, wanted to look into the fight and see what he's like.
    Oh man. Total beast. He annihilated my best team.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ettin in the Playground

Man, Thunder God Cidolfus Orlandeau makes the dailies so much easier (have to be willing to lose that extra exp, of course).

Also, friendly reminder: if you haven't used your fest tickets by this evening, they go away. I got burned by this before.

Edit: ironically, didnít quite get all my tickets spent.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-01-16 at 08:06 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I got another rainbow on the daily, the Motor Fist - literally only a VII stat stick - so it's time to try my luck at some Realm Draws again! Here we go:
    • XII: 2/11, one rainbow and one disco. The rainbow is Gabranth's En-Dark LMR. The disco is Basch's Holy/Dark OSB. Neither is a dupe. Not bad, pull again.
    • XIII: 3/11, all rainbows. First is Fang's BSB, a dupe. Next is Lightning's BSB1, also a dupe. Last is Fang's +DRG LMR, that one's new. Calling this a win, pull again.
    • XIV: 1/11, Ysayle's Imperil Ice LMR, a dupe. That marks the end of my streak, time to pack it in.

That's a good morning for me. And good morning to you all!