Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

My word. Took a couple months off from the game, and it looks like I've missed quite a bit. The Magia crystal stuff and the artifact weapons are brand new to me.

To be honest, this game frustrates the hell out of me, which is why I took a break. I've got some powerful folks who make mincemeat out of anything up to about difficulty 120 and can knuckle down to beat 140 (ultimate) without major problems often enough, but there's a line somewhere I just can't break through. I still have yet to unlock the materia system (still need to win half the nightmare dungeons), and I really don't see a reason to do the Record dungeons - nothing you do in there affects the rest of the game, and nothing in the rest of the game affects it. And now there's artifact gear. It's frustrating to have so much of the game still locked away from me and not be able to do anything about it.

For the record, here's my "sweep team", my default party until things get at all challenging:
    Spoiler: Sweep Team
    Show

Cloud - 11 Soul Breaks (including an arcane), 4 LM. Mastered Legendary Tree. Access to Demonsblood Samurai 6*.
    Terra - 7 Soul Breaks, 3 LM. Mastered Legendary Tree.
    Orlandeau - 3 Soul Breaks, 2 LM. Mastered Legendary Tree. Access to Snowspell Strike Spellblade 6*.
    Agrias - 6 Soul Breaks, 1 LM. Halfway through the Legendary Tree. Access to Aegis Strike Knight 6*.
    Noctis - 5 Soul Breaks (including an arcane), 2 LM. Halfway through the Legendary Tree. Access to Sky High Dragoon 6*.

Spoiler: Noteworthy SBs
    Show

Arcane SBs: Cloud, Noctis, Locke, Yuffie

Chain SBs: Warrior of Light (Holy), Zack (Wind), Krille (Fire), Prompto (Lightning)

Glint SBs: Cloud, Tidus, Sora, Celes, Terra
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    and I really don't see a reason to do the Record dungeons - nothing you do in there affects the rest of the game, and nothing in the rest of the game affects it.
    This isn't quite correct. Not only do Record Dungeons give a decent amount of stamina-less mithril, they also give waters which can ultimately be used to give characters up to +30 in each stat, which is not insignificant. Especially HP wise.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

My word. Took a couple months off from the game, and it looks like I've missed quite a bit. The Magia crystal stuff and the artifact weapons are brand new to me.
    Short version: Magia Crystals are just a reward for using the same characters over and over - each time you use characters, they earn points toward Magia Crystals, which can be used to augment stats or elemental damage/resist. It's just a nice bonus. And unlike Crystal Water, Magia Crystals can be reset and redistributed (albeit only periodically). Artifact Weapons are similarly a nice bonus - they're a bonus for all those extra relics you have that you never use. Instead of converting them to gold (which you probably no longer need), you can turn them into Rainbow Crystals which can be used to power up said Artifact Weapons. They're great if you simply can't get a good (insert relic type here) for (insert realm here) no matter how you try. That said, aside from the dagger you get for free, and the +MND T-0 dagger you can buy, it's not really worth grabbing any until the +element Artifacts drop.

To be honest, this game frustrates the hell out of me, which is why I took a break. I've got some powerful folks who make mincemeat out of anything up to about difficulty 120 and can knuckle down to beat 140 (ultimate) without major problems often enough, but there's a line somewhere I just can't break through. I still have yet to unlock the materia system (still need to win half the nightmare dungeons), and I really don't see a reason to do the Record dungeons - nothing you do in there affects the rest of the game, and nothing in the rest of the game affects it. And now there's artifact gear. It's frustrating to have so much of the game still locked away from me and not be able to do anything about it.
    Antonok covers why to do Record Dungeons - they cost no stamina, and reward you with mythril (always good) and Crystal Water (gives a character a permanent stat boost).

Yes, the harder parts of the game require you to clear Magicites. That means clearing Nightmares. Once you've cleared Nightmares, you get Magicites, which provide all sorts of party bonuses including a summon. (You'll love Enkidu. Instant-cast party heal is great.) Once you've got some Magicites under your belt, and have powered up some of the 6-star abilities you got from Nightmares and Motes, you can try out some Torment Dungeons to earn Rubies. With those Rubies, you can grab new 6-star abilities and take on more powerful Magicites. With those, you can take on harder Torments. And around we go.

It's hard, no question. I still haven't cleared a single 4-star Magicite. And my ability to handle Torments is limited. But there's always more to do, and a Fest coming up next month.

For the record, here's my "sweep team", my default party until things get at all challenging:
    Show

Cloud - 11 Soul Breaks (including an arcane), 4 LM. Mastered Legendary Tree. Access to Demonsblood Samurai 6*.
    Orlandeau - 3 Soul Breaks, 2 LM. Mastered Legendary Tree. Access to Snowspell Strike Spellblade 6*.
    Agrias - 6 Soul Breaks, 1 LM. Halfway through the Legendary Tree. Access to Aegis Strike Knight 6*.
    Noctis - 5 Soul Breaks (including an arcane), 2 LM. Halfway through the Legendary Tree. Access to Sky High Dragoon 6*.

Show

Chain SBs: Warrior of Light (Holy), Zack (Wind), Krille (Fire), Prompto (Lightning)

The current meta focuses on Chains, USBs, and the rare Awakening. Your Chains will be super helpful with Magicites, but you'll want to start looking out for exciting Ultras to grab.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

4. - Top - End - #724
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    The current meta focuses on Chains, USBs, and the rare Awakening. Your Chains will be super helpful with Magicites, but you'll want to start looking out for exciting Ultras to grab.
    I've got a lot of ultras, enough that I felt like typing them up was tantamount to spamming. Are there any in particular I should be on the lookout for?
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

I've got a lot of ultras, enough that I felt like typing them up was tantamount to spamming. Are there any in particular I should be on the lookout for?
    EnElement with a chase or ability double are the best to use with chains. Imperils have made a comeback in regards to the hardest content. Any instant cast healer with Last Stand is great, doubly so if it's Aerith's USB2*, Elarra, or Rosa USB2 since they also give quick cast to the party (*Aerith only works with physical teams). And then any support USB like Onion Knight's magic or physical USBs, Tyro's USB3 (crit fix).

Honestly, it'd be easier for you to list what you have but that should give you a general idea.

Also should note that LMR relics are fairly important now too (double cast, enelement start mostly, tho things like tyro or OK LMRs are notable too).

As a side note, the realm dungeons have been updated to a very recent pool so at 15 mithril for the first pull, I'd recommend giving them a shot for missing chains or even an Awakening (Bartz, Terra, and Tidus have awakenings in the pool)

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    EnElement with a chase or ability double are the best to use with chains. Imperils have made a comeback in regards to the hardest content. Any instant cast healer with Last Stand is great, doubly so if it's Aerith's USB2*, Elarra, or Rosa USB2 since they also give quick cast to the party (*Aerith only works with physical teams). And then any support USB like Onion Knight's magic or physical USBs, Tyro's USB3 (crit fix).
    All of this. In a damaging USB, you want one or more of several features:
    • Imperil/En-Element. The former is a force multiplier for the whole team, and awesome, but the latter is also excellent.
    • Ability Double/W-Cast/Chaser. W-Cast is a chance to use an ability twice. Ability Double is a guaranteed W-Cast, at the cost of two ability hones instead of one. Chasers are bonuses that follow your damaging attacks. You definitely want one of these on your USBs, as they literally multiply your damage output.
    • Brave. Brave USBs are a special type of USB. Basically, they put you in Brave Mode, which replaces your Attack command with a Bravery command. When you use the required ability type, the rank of your Brave command increases (from 0 to 3), resulting in bonus damage, usually Overflow damage, or other effects. For example, Terra's Bravery ability grows in rank when you use BLM; every rank after Rank 1 constitutes Overflow damage. With the right buffs to let you consistently break the damage cap, a Brave USB lets you deal OSB-level damage every other turn.

With healing USBs, on the other hand, you want one of several of the following:
    • 0CT. Instant-casting is priceless. There are some good healing USBs that take time, but they are few.
    • Medica. There are some healer USBs that are just buff suites. For example, Vanille's Convalescence gives ProShellga, Astra, and HP Stock. But generally, you want a heal button that heals.
    • Hastega. It never hurts.
    • Action efficiency options. Three of the most popular healing USBs belong to Elarra, Relm, and Aerith. Elarra's Magicka Album reduces the delay of all party actions, making cast times faster, for two turns. Aerith's Innocent Cure reduces the delay of all PHY party actions for three turns - it's useless to a caster party, but for a PHY party it's better than Elarra's. And Relm's Divine Portrait makes everyone's next action 0CT, but only for one turn - timing is precise, but this is invaluable. All three enable the party to act sooner.
    • Astra/Stoneskin 30%. The former blocks most debuffs. The latter blocks damage. These are two extraordinarily valuable preventive measures, if you can grab them.
    • Last Stand. It's so much better than Reraise. Never use Reraise.

And as Antonok says, supportive USBs pretty much just call for Hastega and Boostga/Faithga components. Everything beyond that is icing.

Honestly, it'd be easier for you to list what you have but that should give you a general idea.

Also should note that LMR relics are fairly important now too (double cast, enelement start mostly, tho things like tyro or OK LMRs are notable too).
    Very much this. A lot of LDs are simply unimpressive on their own. (Especially all the WHMs without a W-Cast LM.) But LMRs - whether W-Cast or 0CT starter or what-have-you - are really coming into prominence now.

As a side note, the realm dungeons have been updated to a very recent pool so at 15 mithril for the first pull, I'd recommend giving them a shot for missing chains or even an Awakening (Bartz, Terra, and Tidus have awakenings in the pool)
    So much this. If you aren't planning to save for Fest (which, again, comes next month), or you have enough for the pulls you want, definitely blow some mythril on the updated Realm Banners. Keep in mind that these refresh roughly every six months or so, so those discounted pulls will be back again later this year. Grab 'em now, grab 'em again later.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

7. - Top - End - #727
    Firbolg in the Playground

Show

Show

Thoseíre some nice chains. I bet you can steamroll way higher than d140.

Also... looked at my toons this morning, still need 30 mc3s, and a couple weeks of shores of wisdom, then finally have everyone at 99.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

8. - Top - End - #728
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Although technically you can burn Souls of Heroes for them, the Record Dungeons also net you several characters. Elarra has already been mentioned, but Biggs, Wedge and Dr. Mog can be excellent "gap fillers". Also a relic for Tyro.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

MVP email out. Not going to list everything (there's quite a bit this time) but this one part in particular stood out:

Dream Relic Draws

Starting 5:00 PM 5/25 PST (1:00 AM 5/26 UTC), the following 5 Dream Relic Draws will open.

◆Dream Relic Draw -Chain Soul Break-
    ◆Dream Relic Draw -Ultra Soul Break-
    ◆Dream Relic Draw -Glint-
    ◆Dream Relic Draw -Burst Soul Break-
    ◆Dream Relic Draw -Legend Materia-

For the first time ever, a Dream Relic Draw for Chain Soul Breaks will be available! Don't miss this chance!

Dream Relic Draws are one-time-only draws that can be used with Gems only. After using one, you can choose a bonus relic from a special list of relics.
    These Dream Relic Draws last until 4:59 PM 6/7 PST (12:59 AM 6/8 UTC).

Steam Profile

10. - Top - End - #730

MVP email out. Not going to list everything (there's quite a bit this time) but this one part in particular stood out:
    There goes $30.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

11. - Top - End - #731
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Not doing much lately on the game, but slowly getting all the 15 mythril banners. Yesterday was unusually lucky: Got Golbez' Chain on the 15 mythril, and then got Alphinaud's Chain on Daily LD. Also grabbed Bartz's Glint and his Earth BSB, meaning I got him all 4 BSBs, his OSB and Arcane.

I also have experimented with Steiner's Realm Chain. It's working as a passable substitute for physical wind or electric chain, ok for fire and Holy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

12. - Top - End - #732

Quote Originally Posted by Slayn82 View Post
    Not doing much lately on the game, but slowly getting all the 15 mythril banners. Yesterday was unusually lucky: Got Golbez' Chain on the 15 mythril, and then got Alphinaud's Chain on Daily LD. Also grabbed Bartz's Glint and his Earth BSB, meaning I got him all 4 BSBs, his OSB and Arcane.

I also have experimented with Steiner's Realm Chain. It's working as a passable substitute for physical wind or electric chain, ok for fire and Holy.
    Nice! Wow that is some luck.

Iím up to 3 5* magicites beaten. Could prob beat a good few more, but I want to get decent decks as I go. In fact, the 3 I beat had good enough teams that I can auto them. Got tons of Phoenixes and Famfrits.

And I fell to the dark side. Auto farming magia. Well it messes up all the time so I have to keep checking it, but Iíve done a couple hundred Fabul Castle stages. Got my main dpsers a few magia.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ogre in the Playground

Today's daily draw has now put Auron to 'Character with the most SBs' spot with a new BSB. Thing is, I've not once pulled for Auron

He has:
    Unique: 1
    SSB: 1
    BSB: 2
    USB: 2
    AOSB: 1
    LMR: 2

Steam Profile

14. - Top - End - #734

Today's daily draw has now put Auron to 'Character with the most SBs' spot with a new BSB. Thing is, I've not once pulled for Auron

He has:
    Unique: 1
    SSB: 1
    BSB: 2
    USB: 2
    AOSB: 1
    LMR: 2
    Nice!

I wish there were a way to sort by mastered relics. Pretty sure my Bartz is my most complete. Pretty sure.
    Last edited by danzibr; Yesterday at 12:00 PM.