New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Also, did the Earth Trials today, and I got a pretty nasty surprise. Did you know the Kalavinka Striker punishes you for going on the slowest Battle Speed? No, seriously! I had a loss to the Kalavinka Striker because it spammed 4 abilities in a row, before I could do anything to save at least one of my people. After a few tries, I managed to beat it, by doing something I'd never imagined - fight at Battle Speed 5. That, plus having Ingus fire up his Earth Radiant Shield BSB, allowed me to beat it.
    That... Explains so much. I was wondering why he was spamming four abilities in a row, and figured that it was a glitch and that they were going to patch it and give us all an apology mythril (wishful thinking)... and then I forgot about it. But yeah, that explains it. I might go back and try it again now.

Ironically, I now have an even better tool to employ for that fight. Because in today's daily, I managed to grab Galuf's En-Earth LMR. This is on top of his MNK W-Cast LMR, and his Imperil Earth BSB (and his other BSB, but that's less relevant). So I'm feeling really, really good about Galuf right now.

EDIT: Nope. Went in on Speed 3, he was still spamming abilities. And yes, I brought Banishing Strike. Did not matter. I'm still convinced there's a glitch.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2019-01-30 at 09:15 AM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    That... Explains so much. I was wondering why he was spamming four abilities in a row, and figured that it was a glitch and that they were going to patch it and give us all an apology mythril (wishful thinking)... and then I forgot about it. But yeah, that explains it. I might go back and try it again now.

Ironically, I now have an even better tool to employ for that fight. Because in today's daily, I managed to grab Galuf's En-Earth LMR. This is on top of his MNK W-Cast LMR, and his Imperil Earth BSB (and his other BSB, but that's less relevant). So I'm feeling really, really good about Galuf right now.

EDIT: Nope. Went in on Speed 3, he was still spamming abilities. And yes, I brought Banishing Strike. Did not matter. I'm still convinced there's a glitch.
    No glitch. The thing about Kalavinka Striker is that it has a SPD that reaches enemy cap, and seems to combine regular speed actions with IC actions. When Ult. Limiters Deactivated is used, it fires off 4 IC actions in succession. The AI thread explains it better - SPD reaches a hard cap of 670, but when using Ult. Limiters Deactivated, it gets both a Haste and a SPD buff (+50%), so it taps into that hard cap even with Haste. Each action gets a combo with an IC counterpart, and after using ULD, it gets actions that take 0.1s to complete, which are followed by three consecutive IC actions (the previous combo gets followed by a Ultimate Shockstorm). Add to that 70% Break resist (roughly the same as Magicite battles) and Imperil Lightning, and you realize Kalavinka Striker punishes you for being on Battle Speed 1 because it plays on its favor.

However: if you have something like Radiant Shield, you can take that to your advantage. When using a Radiant Shield on Battle Speed 5, your actions queue fill up faster: your ATB bar fills more than at BS1 with each tick, and your actions are essentially forced into the queue. Since the ticks also let you some breathing time to choose actions, that means you can fire off one or two actions before Kalavinka Striker gets to use its own combo. That's why I say Ingus' BSB2 helped - being Earth Radiant Shield, it triggered the action. Now, that doesn't mean you have to have Ingus (though, IMO, he's the MVP, because he also has a chain to partner it up), but it means you either have to have a ton of IC Soul Breaks, or someone firing off any kind of Radiant Shield to learn that trick.

In short: it's less that Kalavinka Striker has a glitch, and more that Kalavinka Striker does that by design. Maybe it's Intern-kun trying to teach everyone how to use Battle Speed 5 to your advantage?

P.S.: You can also notice that the attacks from Kalavinka Striker pretty much always ignore DEF (except for Ultimate Shockstorm, which doesn't) and have pretty low damage modifiers, so they're meant to hit a lot, not hit hard.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Firbolg in the Playground

Man. You know what? I was just thinking of the good ol’ days. Back when you could RW any battle. You didn’t *need* just the right SB for a battle because you could RW it.

Makes me sad when I look at all the CSBs I’m missing...
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

So, new VIII banner is up! This is the one with all the new firepower - literally - for Squall, some major upgrades for Edea, and also Ultimecia is there too. I decided on a cult of three pull, because why not, and... got a rainbow!

On the one hand, it's Selphie's Glint! The fact that I got a relic on a 3-pull is great, the fact that it's not a dupe is even better.

On the other hand, it's Selphie's Glint. It's just a 0CT medica, and I already have her USB - a 0CT medica plus Last Stand and Regen.

On the other hand, it's Selphie's Glint. Meaning that it costs half the charge of her regular USB. Meaning that if I use an RM that starts her off with SB gauge, she starts off with two uses of her medica.

Overall... Not bad for a 3-pull.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

5. - Top - End - #485

On the other hand, when do you really see yourself using it?

On the other hand, it is +10 Mind.

On the other hand, it’ll slow your SB input (assuming we’re talking bringing USB and Glint v. just USB).
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

6. - Top - End - #486
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Wind Lucky Draw is here, yay!

But, for me it's full of dupes, and no Chain. Probably gonna skip, keep my Mythril for Kingdom Hearts Collaboration. After all, it's a banner that will be up to date with Japan's current meta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayn82 View Post
    Wind Lucky Draw is here, yay!

But, for me it's full of dupes, and no Chain. Probably gonna skip, keep my Mythril for Kingdom Hearts Collaboration. After all, it's a banner that will be up to date with Japan's current meta.
    Similar situation here, except I'm not as hyped for the KH banner, and kinda miffed that the "Lucky" Draw isn't Lucky (i.e., no half price 11-draw; Reddit claims that a 3-pull was meant to have a guaranteed 5*+ relic, but that's not the case). Other than, say, completing out Alphinaud, or getting stuff for Barbie, it doesn't really attract me at all. Well, maybe the fact that Alphi's Brave Ultra has Wind Radiant Shield, but that's about it.

The dates have been datamined, and it seems we got a date for 4A (which has the prize I really want, after all), and the banners up to that point aren't as interesting (maaaaaaybe the V banner, but that's debatable), so that means hoarding until 4A. With almost 150 Mythril right now, it's a promising amount to hoard.

That said: I finally vanquished Shadow Dragon, meaning I unlocked 4* Magicites! Shadow Dragon was beaten by my trusty Holy team, but...I feel that was a lucky win. Thing is, I decided to switch to a team that, in paper, should be more efficient (Ramza to provide Shout x2, Spoony Bard for Chain, both at start; Agrias for Imperil, Marche for maximum speed, and Y'sh for heals). However, I end up getting killed every single time; can't do damage fast enough to negate the first Black Fang, so someone's gonna get killed no matter what I do, and then it's a race to see how fast I can kill Shadow Dragon before I get to the point of no return. Thinking about switching Y'sh for Arc, who has a solid IC Medica, an old reliable Shellga, and if necessary, can step up and deal Holy damage with his Ultra.

As for 4* Magicites, I went with Isgebind, and it's been...half and half. I can beat it, but right around the moment Wall runs off; if I delay one second further, it's a wipe. Trying to see how I can shave off numbers, but so far, it's a race against time. That said, the team lacks my babe, and she's just itching to burninate, so might as well switch gears and unleash her upon that poor ice dragon. Probably end up with sub-30? Leaving Marilith for last, because of "surprise death throes!", but going slowly with each to get fully pumped-up 4* Magicites.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.

8. - Top - End - #488

Grats on the unlocking 4*s, Oskar!

Yeah, I was bummed about the Wind banner not being half price. Not going to pull. Or maybe it’s a good thing, save my mythril.

Debating on pulling on V for chains, pulling on KH because it’s op, or waiting on 4A because that’s also op.

Edit: well, did the ultra thing. Got 2 discos: Tidus CSB and Ysh Brave. First I doubt I’ll use since I have Rikku’s, second I’ll prob use in realm.

Unsure what USB to choose. Maybe Squall USB2 as I have his BSB. Looks like a solid combo. Maybe Seifer USB2 as I have his CSB. Maybe Laguna as I have SSB and BSB and I fully dived him.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-02-06 at 09:30 PM.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Grats on the unlocking 4*s, Oskar!
    Thank you. Quite surprised by the jump in power of 4* Magicites. Not only do they get 3 slots from the get-go, their bonuses are bonkers! They also synergize quite a bit (ATK Boon + Precise Strikes for Isgebind alone, whereas with a 3* you had to choose your boons carefully), and are pretty high (ATK Boon 12, which is far more than the measly 10 that I had). Haven't gone further than Isgebind, but that's because I want to strengthen Xezat a bit more before I can tackle...Tiamat. Ugh.

Have on my mind that I need at least Power Break and Magic Break for when she starts stealing buffs. Xezat will most likely replace Reks, so that means he'll have to handle some of that. Unsure of who might be the healer there (probably default to Y'sh).

As for the two tasks ahead: I almost sub-30 Isgebind, but still have some issues. Did a ton of changes, but that can shave the numbers only so far. Mostly, I kept the team I was using (tried it with my babe, but I was sacrificing a more robust buff for slightly higher numbers at first) but changed a lot of the abilities (Onion Knight uses Smouldering Flames to deal solid damage early on; Locke gets the dualcast Thief RM and Gilgamesh gets the dualcast Samurai RM for the damage boost) and a minor change in strategy (keep Locke's SB gauge until the Chain is active, and fire up his Arcane Overstrike). So far, all that remains is killing Marilith to ensure the sub-30.

That said, I sub-30'd the Shadow Dragon. Twice. See, the entire problem was that I was using the wrong healer; I was defaulting to Y'shtola when I should have been using Arc. Once I switched in, even though I still need a sacrificial lion (usually Spoony Bard), he adds all the holy firepower I need. Yes: Holy Firepower...because I use his Ultra, which lets him either fire up a real strong Holy (usually dualcast! Thanks, LM2!) or cure his allies and have the chaser contribute. So as long as Spoony Bard bites the dust, I can reliably get a sub-30. Hooray for consistency!

Up to 150 Mythril now, and completed up to 10+ Magicite runs this month, so I should get the full bonus by this week at best. If I do the events quickly, I should be able to actually start the Record Dungeons, meaning I should get Mythril from those as well.
    Last edited by T.G. Oskar; 2019-02-11 at 04:50 PM.
    On Lawful Good:

10. - Top - End - #490

Grats again!

Honestly, I didn’t bother with debuffing/dispelling Tiamat. I did, however, bring that +Atk song on Elarra in case one of my DPSers got debuffed.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

11. - Top - End - #491
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

I have a couple ideas for Shadow Dragon but things have been busier so I haven't had the time to try them as I thought I would this week.

Affliction Break helps with Tiamat but might increase the aggravation factor when one still gets through.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    Affliction Break helps with Tiamat but might increase the aggravation factor when one still gets through.
    Hence, keeping Power Breakdown and Magic Break/down is still a viable thing. I plan for the team to be purely Physical, having Squall + Ayame as DPS (Squall being the main DPS, what with Burst + Ultra + AOSB), Xezat as Imperiler (he can have Magic Break), Onion Knight as buffer (using Power Breakdown and spamming Affliction Break) and a healer. Not exactly sure who, but there's that. Just need to take Xezat to 99.

FFIV Apoc+ defeated, but I feel it would have been a headache if I wasn't lucky. The battle was a bit of a headache, since once you get Imperiled to max, you're basically screwed. It would have been worse if it weren't because: a) Rosa has her USB, which helps a LOT; b) have Ursula's SSB, which grants Last Stand just in case; c) Spoony got the Holy Chain, meaning Paladin!Cecil suddenly deals tons of damage, and d) I did the Ice Magicite, meaning I could field Isgebind as a sub Magicite to grant Rydia a huge boost to damage when using Valigarmanda (coupled with a w-cast SUM RM, meaning she was keeping the enemy's HP at manageable levels). I still got my bum whooped a few times, but the Holy Chain did the trick.

...well, that, and that you can essentially cheese the fight if you have several Medicas. Since Mom Bomb literally dies from one blow, you can stall the fight until you reach two SB gauges (hard for your fighters, easy for Spoony and Rosa who can use Wrath) and just survive a Ultimate Firaga that deals pitiful damage (less than 1k with Fire resist items, meaning you just have to gauge who gets healed), which also feeds your SB gauge. Once that's done, you can just unload your best attacks. Last Stand is still recommended to survive what few Bombs who choose to use Apocalypse Self-Destruct, since, in case you haven't realized, it doesn't kill them. If you can kill them faster, you can avoid a few of those (again, thanks to Rydia spamming Vali, and Pally!Cecil using his first BSB to deal AoE damage, boosted by EnHoly, Holy Chain and Imperil Holy - the last two by Spoony).

Incidentally, it seems I got my Realm Team for IV Neo Torment. Rydia won't be there (FuSoYa will take her place, as he has his BSB and his LM2 dualcasts both WHM and BLK), but it has a focus and a strategy behind: with Spoony having access to ProShellga via songs, Ursula providing Last Stand and a secondary Medica, and having two other WHM users for purposes of adding Hastega, I could focus on using Wrath for Rosa and just spamming her IC, Spoony being the designated debuffer, and surprisingly have Paladin!Cecil be the DPS. It'll be a whole lot better if I get Healing Smite (that way, Cecil ALSO becomes a secondary Healer), but most likely that Torment will unlock it for me.

Which, once again, leads to the issue that I STILL lack Pally!Cecil's Wall USB. Might not seem like much, but paired with Healing Smite, makes him the designated healer on a party that can take full advantage of both his USB and Marche's USB (an all-Fighter team).
    On Lawful Good:

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Managed to beat my second 4* magicite, Kraken. Rather consistent fight, got it to under a minute, barely.

2 healers, shelkie as an entruster, ramza as a shouter and entruster, and Thundergod Cid overstriking repeatedly. Not exciting, but it works, and doesn't deal with any counters. Tried swapping one entruster for Lightning as a second overstriker, but I can't really keep up enough soul gauge to make that faster.

14. - Top - End - #494

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    I have a couple ideas for Shadow Dragon but things have been busier so I haven't had the time to try them as I thought I would this week.

The key for me was focus on dps. Abuse the AI. Burn him down before he OHKOs.
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Hence, keeping Power Breakdown and Magic Break/down is still a viable thing. I plan for the team to be purely Physical, having Squall + Ayame as DPS (Squall being the main DPS, what with Burst + Ultra + AOSB), Xezat as Imperiler (he can have Magic Break), Onion Knight as buffer (using Power Breakdown and spamming Affliction Break) and a healer. Not exactly sure who, but there's that. Just need to take Xezat to 99.

FFIV Apoc+ defeated, but I feel it would have been a headache if I wasn't lucky. The battle was a bit of a headache, since once you get Imperiled to max, you're basically screwed. It would have been worse if it weren't because: a) Rosa has her USB, which helps a LOT; b) have Ursula's SSB, which grants Last Stand just in case; c) Spoony got the Holy Chain, meaning Paladin!Cecil suddenly deals tons of damage, and d) I did the Ice Magicite, meaning I could field Isgebind as a sub Magicite to grant Rydia a huge boost to damage when using Valigarmanda (coupled with a w-cast SUM RM, meaning she was keeping the enemy's HP at manageable levels). I still got my bum whooped a few times, but the Holy Chain did the trick.

...well, that, and that you can essentially cheese the fight if you have several Medicas. Since Mom Bomb literally dies from one blow, you can stall the fight until you reach two SB gauges (hard for your fighters, easy for Spoony and Rosa who can use Wrath) and just survive a Ultimate Firaga that deals pitiful damage (less than 1k with Fire resist items, meaning you just have to gauge who gets healed), which also feeds your SB gauge. Once that's done, you can just unload your best attacks. Last Stand is still recommended to survive what few Bombs who choose to use Apocalypse Self-Destruct, since, in case you haven't realized, it doesn't kill them. If you can kill them faster, you can avoid a few of those (again, thanks to Rydia spamming Vali, and Pally!Cecil using his first BSB to deal AoE damage, boosted by EnHoly, Holy Chain and Imperil Holy - the last two by Spoony).

Incidentally, it seems I got my Realm Team for IV Neo Torment. Rydia won't be there (FuSoYa will take her place, as he has his BSB and his LM2 dualcasts both WHM and BLK), but it has a focus and a strategy behind: with Spoony having access to ProShellga via songs, Ursula providing Last Stand and a secondary Medica, and having two other WHM users for purposes of adding Hastega, I could focus on using Wrath for Rosa and just spamming her IC, Spoony being the designated debuffer, and surprisingly have Paladin!Cecil be the DPS. It'll be a whole lot better if I get Healing Smite (that way, Cecil ALSO becomes a secondary Healer), but most likely that Torment will unlock it for me.

Which, once again, leads to the issue that I STILL lack Pally!Cecil's Wall USB. Might not seem like much, but paired with Healing Smite, makes him the designated healer on a party that can take full advantage of both his USB and Marche's USB (an all-Fighter team).
    I too found the final IV battle difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    Managed to beat my second 4* magicite, Kraken. Rather consistent fight, got it to under a minute, barely.

2 healers, shelkie as an entruster, ramza as a shouter and entruster, and Thundergod Cid overstriking repeatedly. Not exciting, but it works, and doesn't deal with any counters. Tried swapping one entruster for Lightning as a second overstriker, but I can't really keep up enough soul gauge to make that faster.
    Nice!

I have to beat Kraken and Ixion to unlock Hades and Siren.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

I have to beat Kraken and Ixion to unlock Hades and Siren.
    The main hangup for Kraken is the counters, so if you can set something up based on summons, or soul break attacks like overstrikes that he doesn't counter, it's not bad. Be willing to consider 2 healers though. Also, hitting the tentacles does not trigger a counter so you can lifesiphon them.

It's been pointed out to me that Ixion's dispel is physical, so pBlink can avoid it, which might help.

16. - Top - End - #496

The main hangup for Kraken is the counters, so if you can set something up based on summons, or soul break attacks like overstrikes that he doesn't counter, it's not bad. Be willing to consider 2 healers though. Also, hitting the tentacles does not trigger a counter so you can lifesiphon them.

It's been pointed out to me that Ixion's dispel is physical, so pBlink can avoid it, which might help.
    Thanks for the pointers!

Haven't looked too much into Kraken yet. Fortunately I have a good Lightning magic team (Ashe with a bunch of goodies, Palom (whom I always confuse with Porom) with some goodies, Dagger with her chain). Just gotta do some diving, some honing, and hopefully some magicite farming. For said magicite farming...

Yeah, Ixion. I was reading about how to handle him (?). I have Arc's SSB, probably use that. Certainly used that. I also used Arc (rather than Elarra) for another 4*. But... people talk about other good SBs to bring, like Edge's or Rosa's, and I lack all of them. I have a nearly complete Bartz, should have good dps, also a pretty good Tifa. Maybe I'll get around to it this weekend.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Thanks for the pointers!

Haven't looked too much into Kraken yet. Fortunately I have a good Lightning magic team (Ashe with a bunch of goodies, Palom (whom I always confuse with Porom) with some goodies, Dagger with her chain). Just gotta do some diving, some honing, and hopefully some magicite farming. For said magicite farming...

Yeah, Ixion. I was reading about how to handle him (?). I have Arc's SSB, probably use that. Certainly used that. I also used Arc (rather than Elarra) for another 4*. But... people talk about other good SBs to bring, like Edge's or Rosa's, and I lack all of them. I have a nearly complete Bartz, should have good dps, also a pretty good Tifa. Maybe I'll get around to it this weekend.
    Yeah, I have none of the recommended SBs for Ixion, you having Arc's puts you one up on me.

I think I kinda brute forced it? It was rough.

18. - Top - End - #498

Yeah, I have none of the recommended SBs for Ixion, you having Arc's puts you one up on me.

I think I kinda brute forced it? It was rough.
    Dang. Rough. Reasonable as Ixion's low in the defense/health department.

I made a team to take it down last night. Excited to try it out, I think it'll work well.

Bartz, Thunder God's Might RM, Latent Power -> USB1 -> USB2 -> spam the Fire/Earth Spellblade ability
    Yuffie, Mako Might, use her pBlink whenever available, otherwise Nin abilities
    Shelke, Enthruster
    Tyro, Wall then Enthruster
    Arc, for his SSB

I read Ixion's Dispel only gets rid of Protect, Shell, and Haste. So you'd keep, say, Wall.

Plan is to have Bartz build SB gauge with Raging Tremorstrike and get 2 Entrusts. Then Entrusts after that go to Arc. Dunno how well it'll work, but I like it in theory.

Edit: finished getting Yuffie to 99. Yeah Ixion was super easy. First run sub 30.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-02-15 at 08:38 PM.

19. - Top - End - #499

Holy smokes. You all look at the 4A banners? In particular, the core one?
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

Holy smokes. You all look at the 4A banners? In particular, the core one?
    I'm looking right now.

Before we get into that, though, something to consider - the Kingdom Hearts banner. There's some input on that on the reddit, here. Short version: There's a lot of mythril to be had between 4A and now, it might be worth it to take a shot at KH since those relics don't come around again. If you can spare the mythril.

Okay, now the 4A banners. Per Dirge, we get five banners, plus a Core Cast banner which includes Tyro, Elarra, Biggs and Wedge, and Dr. Mog.
    • Banner 1: Water and Ice. Choice relics include Tidus' AASB, Celes' Ice Chain and USB2, Vanille's USB3.
    • Banner 2: This one's just a hodge-podge of elements. Choice relics include Kain's AASB, Alphinaud's Wind Chain, Pencil's Brave USB.
    • Banner 3: Another elemental hodge-podge. Choice relics include Terra's AASB, Bartz' AASB, Faris' Wind Chain, Rosa's USB2, Glint, and LMR2.
    • Banner 4: Mostly Wind here. Choice relics include Zidane's AASB, Vaan's Brave USB, Firion's Brave USB.
    • Banner 5: The Chain banner. Choice relics include Realm Chains for Steiner and Irvine, Prompto's Lightning Chain, Vincent's Fire Chain, Edward's Holy Chain, Red XIII's Earth Chain.
    • Core Banner: Core characters. Choice relics include Dr. Mog's USB, with chasers for BLK, SUM and WHT; Biggs' USB, with a PHY chaser that breaks the damage cap; both of Elarra's USBs and her Glint; and Dr. Mog's Glint, which is an instant-cast Sentinel's Grimoire.

For those who haven't read ahead, AASBs (the extra A is for Awoken) are the new generation of power creep. They typically deal a bunch of damage, and grant En-Element, Awakened status, and a chaser. The Awakened status applies to a particular ability or category, such as SHP or Fire; it grants Ability Up, W-cast, and allows use without consuming hones. So yeah, it's understandably considered the new OP.

Also noteworthy are the new Realm Chains, offering a bonus to everyone from the realm rather than an elemental array. These also come with a +30% ATK/MAG boost and Haste, which is perfect for mixed parties and lets you actually use a realm-appropriate character instead of Onion Knight.

So, yeah. These are kind of insane. And also we're maybe getting Realms on Parade, I think? I dunno.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

I'm looking right now.

Before we get into that, though, something to consider - the Kingdom Hearts banner. There's some input on that on the reddit, here. Short version: There's a lot of mythril to be had between 4A and now, it might be worth it to take a shot at KH since those relics don't come around again. If you can spare the mythril.

Okay, now the 4A banners. Per Dirge, we get five banners, plus a Core Cast banner which includes Tyro, Elarra, Biggs and Wedge, and Dr. Mog.
    • Banner 1: Water and Ice. Choice relics include Tidus' AASB, Celes' Ice Chain and USB2, Vanille's USB3.
    • Banner 2: This one's just a hodge-podge of elements. Choice relics include Kain's AASB, Alphinaud's Wind Chain, Pencil's Brave USB.
    • Banner 3: Another elemental hodge-podge. Choice relics include Terra's AASB, Bartz' AASB, Faris' Wind Chain, Rosa's USB2, Glint, and LMR2.
    • Banner 4: Mostly Wind here. Choice relics include Zidane's AASB, Vaan's Brave USB, Firion's Brave USB.
    • Banner 5: The Chain banner. Choice relics include Realm Chains for Steiner and Irvine, Prompto's Lightning Chain, Vincent's Fire Chain, Edward's Holy Chain, Red XIII's Earth Chain.
    • Core Banner: Core characters. Choice relics include Dr. Mog's USB, with chasers for BLK, SUM and WHT; Biggs' USB, with a PHY chaser that breaks the damage cap; both of Elarra's USBs and her Glint; and Dr. Mog's Glint, which is an instant-cast Sentinel's Grimoire.

For those who haven't read ahead, AASBs (the extra A is for Awoken) are the new generation of power creep. They typically deal a bunch of damage, and grant En-Element, Awakened status, and a chaser. The Awakened status applies to a particular ability or category, such as SHP or Fire; it grants Ability Up, W-cast, and allows use without consuming hones. So yeah, it's understandably considered the new OP.

Also noteworthy are the new Realm Chains, offering a bonus to everyone from the realm rather than an elemental array. These also come with a +30% ATK/MAG boost and Haste, which is perfect for mixed parties and lets you actually use a realm-appropriate character instead of Onion Knight.

So, yeah. These are kind of insane. And also we're maybe getting Realms on Parade, I think? I dunno.
    With those there, if the banners remain as was in JP, I think I like 1, 3, 5, and core. Admittedly I'm a sucker for anything Bartz and core could give some interesting options.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

With those there, if the banners remain as was in JP, I think I like 1, 3, 5, and core. Admittedly I'm a sucker for anything Bartz and core could give some interesting options.
    I'm kind of inclined to agree.

On Banner 1, Tidus' AASB is incredibly strong, and Celes' USB2 grants front-row quick-cast after using an Ice attack - kind of like Marche with KNT. Also, Tidus' LMR2 works really, really well with his AASB, and his kit in general. On Banner 2, though, it's a mixed up mess - Kain's AASB is strong, sure, but there's an awful lot of "seen it before" to it. Banner 3, as you pointed out, showcases Bartz' outrageous AASB. It also has Terra's, which makes her a surprisingly effective Wind-user, since Meltdown counts as both Fire and Wind as needed, as well as an all-around showcase for Rosa fans. Banner 4, like Banner 2, is a lot of "seen it before," but Banner 5 is all the Chains, and is basically a must-hit.

That said, I'm not quite as gung-ho about the Core banner as you are. There are some nice options on it, true, but the question is whether you will ever actually use some of these characters. That said, apparently an interesting quirk of this banner - at least in JP - is that if you do two 11-pulls, you get a third 11-pull free, but only once. I mean, it's not quite an LD - it's three for the price of two, rather than one for the price of 1/2 - but it's still a savings, if you plan to whale.

23. - Top - End - #503

I’m really only interested in 3. And possibly 5 if I luck out on 3.

I nearly crapped my pants at the Core banner cuz the implied new characters. A full cast for Core!
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

So, you know how every now and then the daily draw gives you something nice?

Disco today. Zidane's Masamune. Grand Lethal USB. You know, the one with Imperil Wind, that causes THF abilities to trigger a chaser with a chance for more Imperil? I'mma be honest, Zidane has not been my strongest in IX, despite having two SSBs, BSB, and OSB. But this? This makes him playable, for me. I'm legitimately stoked about this.

Which does not bode well for my luck in the upcoming fest, huh?

25. - Top - End - #505

So, you know how every now and then the daily draw gives you something nice?

Disco today. Zidane's Masamune. Grand Lethal USB. You know, the one with Imperil Wind, that causes THF abilities to trigger a chaser with a chance for more Imperil? I'mma be honest, Zidane has not been my strongest in IX, despite having two SSBs, BSB, and OSB. But this? This makes him playable, for me. I'm legitimately stoked about this.

Which does not bode well for my luck in the upcoming fest, huh?
    Niiiooce.

I haven’t gotten anything good from the daily draw in a good while now. Wonder if they changed the drop rates.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

I haven’t gotten anything good from the daily draw in a good while now. Wonder if they changed the drop rates.
    Meh, it's just bias. Just because you got no 5* in a while doesn't mean the drop rates changed; it just means you haven't gotten anything good recently.

It's similar in my case, except I got a 5* right around the middle; that said, the rainbow was a dupe. Not good in one way (not like I got something new to play with), not bad in the other (it makes that weapon stronger), not rewarding on one hand (already got a bunch of 6* that outperform that weapon), but hopefully better on the long run (what with the upcoming update that'll give you compensation for all the dupes you ever got in your game time).

Also: just in time for 4A, we're getting a metric ton of Mythril. As you may have noticed, there's a 30-day Mythril login bonus, plus your typical 13 Mythril per 10 days of log in, so that's...around 69 Mythril from the get-go. Add the usual Mythril from the events (13, IIRC), plus the 5 Mythril from the Producer's Letter, the 10 Mythril compensation for the Co3 Wind draw fiasco, the 10 Mythril from the KH collaboration, the upcoming events...without going deeper, if you hoard all the way through, that means you'll have around 150 Mythril before 4A arrives. That's enough for all Happy Gacha + three Lucky Draws, which is fantastic. Everything else you can scrounge goes for the Banners. And we're still unaware of how many Mythril between the three KH events.

As for the XI current event...Lilith/Ascendant wasn't enough of a headache, but my lack of XI strength doesn't do enough to help. Both of her focus on magic, hence Lion (the designated breaker) doesn't help as much (as a Thief main, her stuff is against physical). Without anything good for proto-Lilith Lilisette, that means a CM-style A+ win is out of the question. The way I DID beat Liliscendant, though, was with Team Lightning, which happens to have Shantotto as part of it. Well...Team Lightning partial, since I switched Aphmau and Ashe for Vaan (for magic breaking) and Mog (for further debuffing, Medica-on-dances, and also buffing). However, the focus was on Garnet for debuffing, Shantotto for base damage, and Rapha for combination DPS/healing (her Burst Command 1 does healing as well).

That said...I'm pretty worried about Team Lightning Physical. Tried it first with Raijin and Laguna (first one to do what Rapha does, the second to Imperil), and the results weren't enlight'ning (pun very much intended). This bodes ill for the 5* Magicite battle where they have to shine, because they're not very strong. Team Lightning Magical, on the other hand, is a scarily well-oiled machine, where once Bursts are on their way, they can hardly be killed.
    On Lawful Good:

27. - Top - End - #507

Hmm. I thought they might’ve snuck in a drop rate nerf. I mean, a radical difference in what I’ve seen. Just me I guess.

Oh man. I was really hoping for that rerelease of events like they had last anniversary. No such luck this year eh?
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

Hey folks. KH banner is up. It's not an LD, but you know I got to.

2/11, both discos! Survey says...
    • Lionheart: Sora's USB. ST 10-hit ranged multi-elemental attack, boosts ATK and grants ranged multi-elemental chasers on SPBs. Nice!
    • Fenrir: Sora's AOSB. Three Overflow multi-elemental hits. Very nice.

Sure, I didn't get an AASB, but know what? All I had for Sora until now was a Glint. This is some serious upgrade.

Happy pulls, all.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Hey folks. KH banner is up. It's not an LD, but you know I got to.

2/11, both discos! Survey says...
    • Lionheart: Sora's USB. ST 10-hit ranged multi-elemental attack, boosts ATK and grants ranged multi-elemental chasers on SPBs. Nice!
    • Fenrir: Sora's AOSB. Three Overflow multi-elemental hits. Very nice.

Sure, I didn't get an AASB, but know what? All I had for Sora until now was a Glint. This is some serious upgrade.

Happy pulls, all.
    I got a dupe of Yuffie's LMR, and an AASB!....for Riku...and darkness abilities aren't overly impressive...and the only other thing I have for him is his glint...

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

I got a dupe of Yuffie's LMR, and an AASB!....for Riku...and darkness abilities aren't overly impressive...and the only other thing I have for him is his glint...
    Wait, wait... You got his Awakening? And you have his Glint? Because that's actually really, really good.

Against a Dark-vulnerable enemy, DRK abilities can be very useful. Dread Weapon can offset the self-hurt of Crimson Cross. Mark of Darkness is a highly effective force multiplier.

Not to mention that Riku has the fourth highest ATK in the game at level 99.

And you have him, plus his Glint for stacking En-Dark and quickcast 2, plus his AASB with En-Dark, DRK Boost, W-DRK, and unlimited DRK uses? You can basically pop the Glint, quickly trigger his AASB for double En-Dark plus all that other stuff, and basically get straight to murdering.

My friend, you are a most fortunate individual.