New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

Player's choice hits tonight, based on the survey in March. There's supposed to be some LMRs to go with those picked but not clear how recent. Either way the first one is free.

Guardian down although there was a stretch of Meteor spam that was pretty rough. My plan for the judges had some major hiccups though-- I forgot Rydia's chase is single target. I suppose I might be able to do a mostly ninja team or something similar, but I don't know if they're sturdy enough.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    Player's choice hits tonight, based on the survey in March. There's supposed to be some LMRs to go with those picked but not clear how recent. Either way the first one is free.

Guardian down although there was a stretch of Meteor spam that was pretty rough. My plan for the judges had some major hiccups though-- I forgot Rydia's chase is single target. I suppose I might be able to do a mostly ninja team or something similar, but I don't know if they're sturdy enough.
    Nice! On Guardian down. I haven’t tried the Judges, don’t think I’d stand a chance.

Also... think I’m one Paralyze resist accessory away from being Isgebind. I have good deeps and healz but I can’t spare a slot for Esuna/whatever, and the Paralyze lasts forever.

Edit: dangit, lost like 15 Orbfest tickets.

Aaaaaand my free draw was 1/11, a dupe.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-10-23 at 08:02 PM.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

And the Players' Choice is up! First 11-pull is free, folks!

My pull... was decent. 1/11, Tidus' En-Water LMR, a +Water bracer. The +Water is nice, on gear anyone can use, and I have several strong SBs for Tidus, but... I just don't like him. I don't. And I'm reluctant to risk a second pull at full price.

Hope your pull is more satisfying.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I got Mog's Rlm on a Daily this past week. And a dupe of Terra's bracers today. Well, finder's Record Keepers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

5. - Top - End - #305

BardGuy

I was expecting a bigger pool to be honest. It looks like they just grabbed

#1 voted chain
    #1+2 USB
    #1 OSB
    all the bursts
    #1 SSB
    with LMR from the characters to fill it out.

Still I got the Onion Knight cape, so I'm fine with it.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

I got:

ANOTHER cloud cycle sword, I'll feed it to something.
    A 5th Tidus bracer...I'll upgrade my second to +, think I can do without 3, I have other +water.
    And Terra's enfire BSB, which is new to me, and I have her glint and AOSB. So use, and a +fire magic stick.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Troll in the Playground

Welp, that's that for the Fest, and it ended with Gabby proving he's a badass. Tried the Judges' battle a few more times, and while I got close, I ended up overwhelmed eventually.

First, went with Locke and Balthier (Fire Chain + double Imperil), with Arc and Yuna as healers, and Cait Sith as (de)buffer. Had some issues with survival, and everything went to dust by the time they fought Gabby. Tried a few times, to no avail.

I was about to attempt a Team Dark clear, but I found a few issues. Namely, the issue that Garland couldn't support the Chain after a while, and who'd be the partner. See, my Imperilers use magic, while my attackers (including Garland) are physical, so I'd need an ATK/MAG provider, and I don't have one that can do that AND also debuff.

...well, really, it was that I went for team Earth, because Ingus has Last Stand, so I could go for someone else as a healer. So I dispatched Catgirl Priestess alongside Arc (for a 2-healer setup), and since Team Earth is pretty much pure physical (Ingus + Tifa or Dorgaan + OK as buffer), I felt it was fair enough. With Y'sh providing a HP bubble, Arc providing pBlink and instant-cast Heal (plus the RM that grants a ST Cura-potency heal for free, coupled with his dualcast WHM LM2), AND Cait Sith with random Dance-Medicas, I felt that was enough healing.

Suffice to say that it didn't work, mostly because Gabby's buff is just downright unfair. There's only ONE ability in the ENTIRE GAME that can cancel it, and it's pretty obscure (FYI, that'd be Auron's USB1). Yeah. You need to be excessively lucky to pull off Auron's USB1, or a team that can provide good enough healing and damage to allow you to use Auron's USB as a RW (meaning, at the very least, Tyro with GodWall as a debuffer and an instant-cast Healer with Last Stand, or Elarra).

Note that, of all the successful runs against the Judges, the ones that were successful almost always had Elarra with her USB, and most of them also had Auron's USB as a RW. In the end, the boss was basically meant to be defeated by a very specific team, mostly because Gabby's buff is so rare, it pretty much can't be debuffed...which is bad, because the Apocalypse versions of his AoE attacks are just absurdly powerful. I mean; with Wall, Protectga and two layers of debuffs (potentially three), Apocalypse Guilt hit for like 5k to everybody. I managed to take it below 60% of his HP, but I knew I was a goner by the moment Tifa bit the dust, because she was pulling off all the weight.

So yeah. That's basically it. This is the second event superboss that basically requires you to bring Elarra and her broken Medica USB into play just to have a chance. No wonder people are starting to leave in Reddit - those bosses are a headache. Then again, Gabby also happens to be Omni-Resistant to all Elements and has more HP than the two tanks that you had to take very carefully, lest you got an insta-kill. Again: absurd.

Oh yeah, and the free PC Draw, which was honestly a good surprise. 2/11, ONE DISCO, but the Disco is a dupe.

• Orlandeau's Excalibur Trueblade. The dupe. Honestly, don't care - it makes that weapon a 7*, and it's already super, super strong, so...more power to the THUNDER GOD!?
    • Noctis' Airstep Sword. The non-dupe, and the second XV item I got. It's a pretty decent SSB; it deals damage, but it's both IC AND grants IC, which is pretty awesome. Except...I don't use NocNoc very much, if at all. So, it's basically something I'll use if I have NocNoc fielded in, which is mostly on XV.

I wasn't really very excited about this (I had a 42.86% chance of at least one dupe, since half the list I already had), but it's free, so...eh. Would have loved Zack's Wind Chain, but there'll be another time with it (that, or Alphi).
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Two rainbows and a disco from the free draw for me.

Terra's LMR Asura Rod
    Tidus' BSB Twilight Steel
    Cloud's USB Force Stealer (Dupe)

Not too bad at all, really.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

9. - Top - End - #309

Not bad pulls!

I did the USB gem draw. Took OKs mUSB because my mage meta is so weak. Problem is, it’s still weak. Wish I would’ve taken TG Cid’s USB.

Unrelated, what are people’s current goals in this game?
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm looking forward to building a team that can finish the other 4* Magicites.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

11. - Top - End - #311

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    I'm looking forward to building a team that can finish the other 4* Magicites.
    Same, same.

1. Collect enough mythril for another shot at Earth and/or Fire chain.

2. Do Torments to get 6* Spellblades.

3. Continue along 4* Magicite progression (I can stomp Marilith, but that’s it, tried Isgebind and flopped).
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

12. - Top - End - #312

RedWizardGuy

My goals? To see where Tyro's story goes, keep talking with people here and on Reddit, fight a few satisfying bosses. Maybe get the Chains I'm missing (Holy, Dark, Wind, Lighting). I'm pretty satisfied with my gear, so just pulling for favorites. I got a third copy of Bartz OSB on the Daily Draw today, combined all 3. I more or less switched my focus to Duel Links, and starting on Shin Megami Tensei Dx2, but not taking anything very seriously.
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

So I snuck up to 50 mythril, and pulled on banner 2 for the V event. Trying to decide how to feel about some of it.

Galuf's Earth chain. Definitely use. My earth team is heavily melee V based already, and having chain available to use instead of Lowering earth resist (either by BSB or USB) is a good option.
    Faris' Landlubber bombast. Lowers Atk and Defense quite a bit, but Faris hasn't been on my team in quite a while. I don't really see this putting her on a team when Pirate Princess wouldn't already.
    For Gilgamesh, it is scorching time! Not sure how to use effectively. My physical Fire team already has Refia, Yda, Bartz, Galuf available, probably some others.

What strikes me is that none of the 3 have W-cast. Or anything particularly exciting. Galuf can cast Gaia Rush and do consistent 4-hits, with increased speed if I get his USB off as well. I want to love Gilgamesh, but I don't see him clicking into place. Faris...I really want to find a place fer her, but I just can't.

I mean, if I had Gil's LM relic for w-cast, sure, that could be really neat with his BSB. But I don't.

Wait, does Galuf really have 3 legend materia relics? I have start with en-earth, reduce delay of actions, and I don't have him dived. I'd LOVE his w-cast, or maximilian for Bartz, or boh.

14. - Top - End - #314

Sounds nice Slayn!

And hurrah, Earth chain. I scrapped up 50 mythril and did one more pull, got 3 rainbows. 4 pulls, no chains.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

And the new Realm Draws are officially up!

The bad news, no more LDs. But the good news, these banners last forever, and your first 11-pull is 15 mythril!

Since II is one of my weakest realms, I decided to take a shot at that... 4/11! Three rainbows, two LMRs for Firion and one for Maria, and one disco, Leon's USB.

Heck of a pull. Hell, I don't even need to dive Firion now, he can W-cast CMB and SAM. Pretty great.

Happy pulls, all.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

16. - Top - End - #316

RedWizardGuy

First, good pulls folks. Firion with W cast combat and Samurai must be pretty impressive.

Also, thanks Danzibr. Having you guys on this thread is part of what makes the game entertaining.

Next: pulls! Tried my hand at I and IV. Looking for a dark chain. FF I gave me a dupe of Thief's BSB, and Master's RLM - keeping him the Boss on this Realm.

On IV, got Paladin Cecil's RLM, and Rydia's Water Holy BSB.

Once payment comes, I'm planning doing the gem draw. Few choices: III and XIV are the only ones where all 3 relics are new. XI has the Ice tech from Ayame, but Aphmau's burst is a dupe bust.

On the other hand, I have several items of Physical Ice, but most at BSB level and half assets, being monks (Snow & Umaro) or spellblades (Delita, Noel & Xezat). Well, Laguna has USB, so he gets special treatment.
    Last edited by Slayn82; 2018-10-26 at 09:42 PM.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Yay Galuf Earth chain 150. First 4* magcite kill, Ixion. In 30.98 seconds.

That dispel is rough, removes my haste.

Go team V.
    Galuf chain, boosts party attack, followed by USB to lower earth resist (and reduce cast time after earth attacks) with earth monkpunches. Wish I had his LMR doublecast.
    Dorgann, BSB to lower earth resist while boosting party attack and resistance, followed by knight earth attacks (with chance to doublecast)...also gave him the doublecast knight small materia, might be less effective than a knight ability up materia.
    Bartz. Chosen traveller then doublecasting earth spellblade attacks with the USB chaser to build chain. Currently have him with the small spellblade doublecast materia, another might be better, though I was hitting 9999 with my earth quadstrike by the end. Wish I had his LMR doublecast for aaaall the multicasting.

Then I had elarra for healing, and Rikku for proshellga/haste/atk/mag, and dancing...probably replacing Rikku with many people would be better. Dancing not great on the 4* magicite, and Ixion's dispel reduces the use of the hyper mighty G (though that proshellga well timed keeps me alive)

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

And decided to do a pull on I, because my synergy there is not great. 2/11. The rainbow is Thief's LMR, which is more valuable as a +Wind hat than for its LM effect (chance for enemies to drop extra gil). The disco is o'Light's CSB, which is sadly a dupe for me. I'll probably keep it, though, because it's a pretty decent sword. Then again, how many in-realm characters do I have to take advantage of the realm synergy +Holy, anyway?

Not as good as my last pull. I'll probably hold off for awhile. Save up for whatever Black Friday brings, you know?

EDIT: And guess what? There's a PHY-Fire banner up. I know I just said I'd hold off on pulls, but I need me some PHY Fire coverage.

Survey says: 4/11, two rainbows, two discos! The rainbows are Sabin's LMR that boosts his ATK based on MNK abilities used, and Locke's En-Fire BSB. One of these things is super useful. The discos are Amarant's USB, which is just disappointing, and Zell's USB, which was pretty awesome the last time I got it. So... not the best pull, but at least somewhat useful.

Happy pulls, all.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2018-10-28 at 08:09 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

So I need to do my three daily fights for the free mythril and I went to fight the Lich for 4* motes because I'd never gotten around to mastering that fight. I realized 'wait I do have a wind chain' and put that in and proceeded to lay the smackdown.

However, during this fight, Bartz used Snowspell Strike 4 times in a row. Now, he has the LMs for 2x and 3x, and the RM for 2x. That basically means that the 3x and a 2x procced. it also means he could theoretically get 5 attacks out of a single charge of a Spellblade ability.

Bartz is terrifying.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

And he'll only get more terrifying in March.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

21. - Top - End - #321

BardGuy

as noted before the radiant shield on amarant is quite useful but he himself pretty much needs Trance for Mateus.

As far as realm
    V-not much help
    Vi 10 magic for terra
    Vii Hoped for cloud but tifa and yuffie are stronger
    Viii slight boosts for the disciplinary committee. Also ward who probably is better off with heavy skills now
    Xv is probably torment ready but still would have liked ignis bsb

22. - Top - End - #322

Are the realm draws ever updated?

Also... anything in particular to look forward to?

In other news, I’m pretty sure each realm team of mine can take down the 180s. Not much, but not nothing :P
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Are the realm draws ever updated?

Also... anything in particular to look forward to?

In other news, I’m pretty sure each realm team of mine can take down the 180s. Not much, but not nothing :P
    As of recently in Japan, yes, they are. And if you already pulled on the banner it's a new banner, so 15 mythril again.

24. - Top - End - #324

RedWizardGuy

How have you guys doing on the 15 mythril pulls? I'm doing one each day, and it's been so-so. Several dupes, but I got hold of Deuce's Ultra and RLM, and Luneth's Arcane OSB, so I decided to get Luneth's BSB & OSB on the Choice from the 500 gem pull. After all, two +Wind spears isn't a bad choice, and I can probably fit the Zack's Chain as RW. So far did pulls on I, III, IV, VI, XI,XII, XIV,XV, T0.

There was also a weird thing: Haucherfant's USB - the "I'm THE TANK" USB. 6000 stock HP, a unique status effect that Boosts Def/Res by 100% and Mnd by 50%, and 100% chance to cover attacks that target backrow allies, while reducing damage by 50%. Now, by itself it's a bit weird, but I also have his SSB, that deals 8 Holy/Ice attacks and moderate HP% heal on party. He also has Wrath/Lifesiphon. I can see him being somewhat useful for my Ice Mage team.

25. - Top - End - #325

I haven’t done any of the 15 mythril pulls.

However... I have a conundrum, and would appreciate advice.

I can do another pull in the second V banner. However, nearly everything is (srsly, nearly everything) a dupe except the 2 CSBs. But I don’t have a Fire or Earth chain.

So... would you pull on a banner with 2 much needed chains even if nearly everything else is a dupe?

Edit: well, the wifey convinced me to live a little. Got a new LMR at least :P
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-10-31 at 08:30 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

So, I've decided to make a "little" statistics experiment. More data is always welcome, and since everybody's so eager to pull these days...

Here's how it goes. I decided to make a pull on the Realm Draws, with the discount. I pulled today a 2* on the Daily Draw. Before the Daily Draw Overhaul, pulling a 2* was auspicious - it usually meant I'd get a nice haul on an actual draw. When it was 1* or 3*...not so much. Now, I've noticed that each time I get a 3* or a 4* on the Daily Draw, I get jack on a regular draw. However, the ONE time I pulled something good (a 6*), I got an insanely good haul. So I figured: if I wait until I get a 5* or a 6* on the Daily Draw, I might get the right haul on the IV and VI Realm Draws. Gotta maximize Mythril and everything, you know. And for Festival Draws...I'll save until a 5* or 6*, or at the very least a 2*.

So, again: 2* on a Daily Draw, so I adventure myself and pull on the Realm Draw for V. I got good stuff there, it has updated slowly, but after the battles with Atomos and the Dragon Flower, I noticed V is still a struggling realm, mostly because Faris is too outdated and Lenna's relics are also pretty outdated. What do I get, to analyze for?

2/11, ONE DISCO, no dupes, and no Galuf relic (which is usually what I get on a V draw).
    • Exdeath's Helmet! His LMR, and finally, something new for Mr. Tree! It gives him EnDark, which isn't very surprising considering he has no relics to play with, but it's...decent, maybe? It's a Helm, which can help him somewhat.
    • Hey guys, it's Gilgamesh's Guise!! If you're aware of it, this is his Fire Chain, and also the Physical Fire Chain 2.0. This means a Boostga for the Realm (which pairs nicely with Galuf's USB, or Krile's SheepMode when you have a hybrid party, or just Galuf and Dorgaan for maximum Boostga, plus that sweet sweet 50% Fire boost effect. Curiously enough, it doesn't make Locke's Chain redundant, because the latter has a DEF/RES debuff, so it's better when you get a Boostga already, or when it's a hybrid team (like my main Fire team). Even on a pure Physical Team, Locke can enter if only because of his Imperil support. That said, Balthier and Refia + Gilgamesh can entirely replace him, so it's a toss.

As it stands, while not an impressive haul (even with a second Fire Chain), it's a safe bet. That means I should make a pull on a 1*, a 3*, a 4*, and then make a pull on the IV and VI Realm Draws whenever I get a 5* or a 6* and see how it goes. If it works as I predict, and external data shows otherwise, I have a way to deal with important draws.

If not, well...it's more proof that you shouldn't be superstitious. Still worth for science, no?
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.

27. - Top - End - #327

Beat Isgebind. Had to replace Elarra (with USB) with Arc (with... SSB).

Took a bit over 40 seconds. Slow, painful. Don't think I'll try it again until I have a fire chain.

Oh, also, I really enjoyed the final FFXV event battle. Most joy I've had in a while in this game. Interesting, the difference between those 2 fights.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

28. - Top - End - #328

Got Ashe’s USB in the daily draw. Had Glint and LMR for her before.

Welcome to the Lightning team!
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

After several days of 3* and 4*, I finally get a 5* on the Daily Draw! Time to put my hypothesis to the test!

But first, what did I got on the Daily Draw?
    • Thief Blade! Um...Thief Blade? It's from FFX, it looks like one of Rikku's daggers, so... Wait, a shared SB dagger!? Yes. As you can see, it's one of those very, very old shared relics that gave you a very low-level SB that anyone could use. You know how the Phantom Wheel is a shared Arcane OSB item? Well, this is one of its precursors. Sadly...I got a few, I got some great weapons for Team X, so it might never see the light of day.

Not good, it seems. However, it's a sign - how about pulling on the FFX Realm Draw banner? I mean, I mentioned that as soon as I got a 5* or 6*, I'd make a pull and jot down the results, no?

2/11, no Disco, and one dupe.
    • Tidus' Razzmatazz. The dupe. With another dupe I had, I made Razzmatazz a 7* item. Whoop-de-doo...
    • Auron's Hunter's Blade! This is his other Burst, one that encompasses almost all the Samurai can offer. Entry is +ATK/+RES with Crit +50% (already making him pretty impressive), AoE Non-Elemental attack, so it's...basically an AoE souped-up Hailstorm/Damning Flame. Command 1 has a self-heal function (hey look, another guy that can heal himself!), and Command 2 grants Retaliate with an AoE, so it's basically a glorified Demonsblood. All in all, it's pretty decent, considering it provides a nice balance between survival and offense, and since all of the attacks are NE, it'll work on any fight. I say, not so bad, particularly considering Auron now has 5* Support, so he could drop a Full Break alongside all the stuff he can do.

Not very impressive (suspected as much from the shared SB), but it's pretty nice nonetheless. Both are Bursts (which are on their decline, but are still useful), and Auron's Burst is pretty self-contained; even without an elemental tag (his Tornado burst does that), it allows him to play for multiple teams.

On the event side of things, finished the Halloween event and the Corridor of Trials (Fire). In a shocking twist, I had to shelve my beloved Fire Goddess, because despite being absurdly powerful on the offensive, Krysta's MAG is just twisted insane (Blizzard hitting for 4k after GodWall AND Moderate Ice Resist for every one?), and I needed a major switch. Kept most of the same team (Locke, Balthier, OK, Y'sh), but added a very unexpected newcomer. That one is...

Greg.

Yes. Greg. GILGAMESH.

That meant I deployed BOTH of my Fire Chain holders, mostly because that'd allow Locke to use his Imperil Fire BSB after a while, to lower Magic down faster. Because of that, Onion could use his pUSB, meaning he could lower down Krysta's Magic faster (go go iterative QC buff!), while Balthier did what he did best...which is to take the enemy's weakness to Fire to maximum. Took me a few tries, but I ended up with a victory after a solid push. Good thing I had Liquid Flame to eat the first Furnace Ice Breath (what kind of furnace is the opposite of hot...?), though that Slow effect is painful.

That means I've covered pretty much all the CoT Furnace bosses BUT the King Bomb, which I loathe with every fiber of my being because it's an AoE battle with two tanks for mooks.
    On Lawful Good:

30. - Top - End - #330

BardGuy

"Crucible" would probably be better for what they mean.

partial version of WoFF, missing the new characters and some other things.

It does look like at least parts of Episode Cardia will arrive next week. (previously they've just sort of smashed everything into December and a Black Friday draw instead)