New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    So, quick question: Are we any closer to 6* dark matter, ie: 9*'s? I have 5 items that could hit that status if given the chance(yeah, that's why I keep quitting the game, I can pull on a banner where there's one item that would be a dupe, and I get 2 of it. Hard to believe I've pulled 3 copies of the same 6* item 5 separate times) and would be quite happy to do so.

Figure someone on here probably keeps an eye out on what JP is getting and might know if 9*'s are coming down the pipeline yet.
    Dev's have stated that there will be no 6* Dark Matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    Dev's have stated that there will be no 6* Dark Matter.
    Well...that sucks. It's not like it would be game-breaking or anything. Probably just to lazy to design a new background for a 9* item.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Well...that sucks. It's not like it would be game-breaking or anything. Probably just to lazy to design a new background for a 9* item.
    Plans were there for it originally, but then the devs changed their minds. Which I'm thankful for. I do not look forward to having to farm a good 54 MILLION gil.
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

the "legendary weapons" are better, and you still have reason to build up your armors and weapon types that aren't as featured-- the first batch is mostly daggers and swords for example.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Firbolg in the Playground

Anyone make use of the Machinist imperil and elemental damage abilities?

I blew like 200 Lightning orbs crafting and honing the Fire and Lightning ones because I got Edgar’s USB and fully dived him. Considering doing something similar with Laguna (though I only have his Imperil SSB).
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Anyone make use of the Machinist imperil and elemental damage abilities?

I blew like 200 Lightning orbs crafting and honing the Fire and Lightning ones because I got Edgar’s USB and fully dived him. Considering doing something similar with Laguna (though I only have his Imperil SSB).
    I do, with certain characters. Like Laguna. When I have a MCH in my party because of a solid SB, I can build a solid Imperil team around that. This is especially true in realms with a strong elemental influence - again, Laguna comes from VIII, with lots of Ice, so having an easy access to Imperil Ice is pretty major. Alternatively, if you have a relevant Chain user, MCH can get your hitcount up pretty fast - for example, Prompto has a Lightning Chain, and can use Spark Offering and Tempest Snipe.

Admittedly, your options are limited - Ice, Fire, and Lightning - but if you have a PHY-based team and need the extra boost, they can be pretty potent. Sort of mini-SPBs, but with Imperil and ranged capacity.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

7. - Top - End - #397

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I do, with certain characters. Like Laguna. When I have a MCH in my party because of a solid SB, I can build a solid Imperil team around that. This is especially true in realms with a strong elemental influence - again, Laguna comes from VIII, with lots of Ice, so having an easy access to Imperil Ice is pretty major. Alternatively, if you have a relevant Chain user, MCH can get your hitcount up pretty fast - for example, Prompto has a Lightning Chain, and can use Spark Offering and Tempest Snipe.

Admittedly, your options are limited - Ice, Fire, and Lightning - but if you have a PHY-based team and need the extra boost, they can be pretty potent. Sort of mini-SPBs, but with Imperil and ranged capacity.
    Thanks for the input!

I tried Edgar out. Was very pleased.

Think I'll go ahead and get Laguna up to snuff. But man, that's a lot more Lightning orbs, going to about run out (specifically, getting the imperil and damage abilities each up to r3).
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

8. - Top - End - #398
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I did a full dive on Edgar some time ago, after he pretty much forced his way in with a USB, BSB and RLM. Offering working fine at R3, and the 6 shots at R4. Use him mostly on fire, along Gilgamesh's Chain and Locke's stuff (because Prompto is quite good at Lighting already, while also stacking atk/def breaks). They hit fast and hard, but I'm not set on the remaining team members. Basch needs Samurai 5 buff someday, so I'm stickin with:

OK BSB hastega using magic and Vanille USB1 Proshellga, or;

Red XIII / Eiko's BSBs, and Tyro's USB Wall. At least Rubicante's gloves boost fire for Red XIII spells, and he offers Major Regen and a Def Breakdown command, but lacks Dual Cast.

Locke gained his OSB on my 15 mythril pull for VI, but was not as Lucky as Strago, who also got a OSB (another +water armor) and DC water RLM. Crazy old man meta! Strago got everything SSB+ available right now.

Once I pull on FF IX, will finish the discount draws. Expectations are low, but it's cheap, so, let's see what will come. Maybe a decent RLM? Overall, had pretty good luck on this batch.

I also took my classic A Team to a walk on Bahamuts. Ramza, Vanille, Vaan, Auron and Firion, stacking debuffs and keeping Magic Blinks up. I liked quite a bit that little cannon RW, Full Break OSB. Kinda wishing Tyro get's something like that in future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ettin in the Playground

ROFL!! With just two hours to go before the feast ticket dungeon went away, I spent all 48 of my tickets and mastered somewhere between 80-100 Soul Breaks! I actually only have 5 relics left to learn, and they are all unique level or lower which means I don't give a fart about that. Was pretty fun and by god did I ever get a ton of freaking orbs, really hope they bring something like that back around again, good exp, good gil, and incredible orbs altogether.

Oh yeah, discovered at some point in the last 6-9 months that I've been gone(but semi-logging in and collecting dailies + pulling on lucky draws n stuff) I apparently pulled my first(and only) Arcane Overstrike, Terra's! Pretty sweet as my fire team for ye olde magicite battles wasn't exactly the best, this will definitely give me a significant upgrade in that department.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2018-12-05 at 12:28 AM.

10. - Top - End - #400

Sounds good, folks!

Did all the tower stuff in one go for the first time. Felt nice.

My party for Xande was Sephiroth, Seifer, Raines, Nabaat, Ramza. lulz
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ettin in the Playground

So I did the 15 mythril pull on the VI realm banner, and my game errored out on what was apparently the best x/11 draw I've ever had. Wasn't the most(off by one), but it was definitely the best. When I logged back in and looked at what I had gotten, I discovered I went 4/11, 3 of them Discos!

Black Quena(Kefk'a bsb2 if I'm not mistaken)
    Da Vinci Brush(Hell yeah! Relm's USB)
    Defender(Leo's USB)
    Triton's Dagger(Locke's USB, which is great as I pulled his Chain and one of his BSB's over my last break, he's now I believe guaranteed a spot on Team Fire).

So yeah, pretty freaking amazing. Of course, it was then followed up by a rather lackluster 2/11 on VIII's realm banner, netting me Rinoa's BSB Crystal Cross(dupe) and Kiros' BSB Katal, but meh, 4/11 with 3 Discos is damn well amazing, and to get Relm's USB is pretty epic, now gives me my 3rd Instant Medica, plus it gives a 30% shield and no delay for 1 turn, which is sexy as all get out. That just netted her rotation into my prime line-up, and a guaranteed spot in all VI teams as well.

I do have a question though: Out of my 3 Insta-Medica USB users(Rosa, Relm and Penelo), are any of the 3 worth fully legend diving? Rosa seems like the best as she has a high chance of clearing certain status ailments when they hit party members(though I'm not sure if that's when she casts a heal, or if it's just something that will auto-proc after party member is inflicted).

Also, I noticed today that while I was gone, we've gone from Apoc++ when I left(which had just been introduced into event dungeons(not counting Conquest battles) to something called Infernal+. Is there a regular Infernal? How tough is this Infernal+ stuff? 350 or whatever difficulty seems freaking absurd, even with power-creep.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Rosa's only affects her (and even more annoying, only a handful of statuses, so she can't shrug off say, the Paralyze in Torment) and she's kind of waiting for her dualcast LMR to show up. Ysh'tola's LMR does what you're thinking (Esuna on heal) but it is also considered pretty lackluster.

Relm's does help her survive so it might be worth thinking about, but she will get a dualcast too.

Penelo's can be really helpful but she also has a dualcast LMR.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, the big healers are surprisingly low dive priorities. W-cast is king.

So, on daily draw today, I pulled a rainbow. Bartz' Brave Blade. Hey, you 'member his Lupine Barrage SB? Not SSB, not BSB, just regular SB? Because I 'member. And now I have yet another freaking Bartz relic. Which I need like a hole in the head.

Still, when I get a rainbow on the daily, that's my cue to test my luck on the Realm Draws. I'm up to VII. Two rainbows, so I'm not going to press my luck further - Yuffie's BSB and Barret's LMR. Barret's is simple and really good - significant damage boost while using gun-arms. With that plus a damage-boosting RM, he's basically one of my best damage-dealing SUPs now. Also he can MCH/SHP, so those are nice too.

With Yuffie finally having a BSB, I can now apples-to-apples compare her with Edge. My Edge is level 99, has his BSB (En-Water, fast-cast ST and AoE commands), SSB (party pBlink, Last Stand, Haste), and his LMR (chance to gain pBlink when using NIN). He's also fully dived, but I can do that for Yuffie. My Yuffie is also 99, and has her BSB (En-Water, fast-cast ST and Mug Bloodlust commands), Glint (two pBlink stacks, stacking pBlink, Ability Boost NIN), SB (instant %HP party heal), and her LMR (chance to gain pBlink when using NIN). Not fully dived, but can be.

It feels like Yuffie's BSB is objectively better than Edge's. Further, while his SSB is good, her Glint is excellent, and she also has an 0CT party heal on top of that. I think I might have to dive Yuffie now.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ettin in the Playground

Did they up the chances to get a 5* on daily draw or something? Since I've started revisiting this thread a few days ago I've seen two people say they got a rainbow from it.

15. - Top - End - #405

Did they up the chances to get a 5* on daily draw or something? Since I've started revisiting this thread a few days ago I've seen two people say they got a rainbow from it.
    They did indeed! It now has the same odds as a regular mithril draw, though with no curation there are a lot of unique or low end super SBs in the mix. Still, it's free!
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2018-12-07 at 08:28 PM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    They did indeed! It now has the same odds as a regular mithril draw, though with no curation there are a lot of unique or low end super SBs in the mix. Still, it's free!
    Wow. I really missed quite a bit of QoL stuff while I was gone. I checked and saw they FINALLY added in the ability to trade multiple Souls/MC's for growth eggs at once as well, plus the ability to feed eggs, press a button to raise their level cap, then go back to feeding eggs. Lot of nice things added ^^.

Edit: And I just got my first 5* from the daily draw underneath this new system(my 2nd over-all). It is Terra's Minerva Bustier, the only older Terra relic I never got way back in the day :). (I of course am missing quite a lot of her newer stuff, but up to her first bsb I have all of her relics).

Double Edit: And because of that, I decided to do a realm pull on VII, and went 2/11, both discos! I got Vincent's Hyper Chain(I believe I saw someone call the new chains that go to 150 hits that?) and Barret's USB, which further cements his place on my VII team and makes him pretty useful for a fire physical team. Nice thing is, Vincent's Hyper Chain doesn't remove Locke from my fire team, as Locke's fire chain is physical, whereas Vincent's is magic, and I have enough fire people on both sides of the coin to make teams for both. Of course, I think my magical fire team is going to be more useful what with Terra's AOSB, even if it is usable only once a fight. Using it in the middle of a fire chain will dish out 300k damage in a blink which is always nice.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2018-12-08 at 04:29 AM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Great pulls, chief! Yeah, ain't the new QoL stuff solid?

Speaking of, got another rainbow on today's daily - Aerith's Dragon Force SB. You 'member? Party pBlink? Yeah, not special now, but whatever. You know what that means - time to test my luck!

VIII pull, one rainbow, one disco. The rainbow is Raijin's LMR, start with En-Lightning, not bad at all. The disco is Selphie's USB, excellent but sadly a dupe.

But a disco ball means another test! IX pull time! Again, one rainbow, one disco. Rainbow is Eiko's LMR, W-Cast WHT, excellent. Disco is Kuja's awesome USB. Neither is a dupe!

On a streak, I keep going, X-pull! One rainbow, Braska's BSB, a dupe. My run is over, but it was great while it lasted.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

Just got Alphinaud USB on tonight's Realms on Parade.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

Ooh, yeah, I've been eyeing the RoP.

My dilemma is wondering what comes next. If memory serves, we're getting three relic-type-specific banners, possibly a Fest, but honestly I can't keep track anymore. And I'm hard-pressed to argue that anything is better than at least one 5-star relic for 5 mythril. Especially now that SSBs have been curated out.

I'm probably going to blow my mythril on RoP, is the point.

20. - Top - End - #410

RedWizardGuy

Another countdown, good for me. Got so far Ace's RLM, dupes of Ramza's USB 1 and Cid XIV gun, and Gladiolus OSB - a 179 atk sword that boost fire and on synergy also boosts earth, excellent item.

Also got Seymour's BSB on 100 gems, and Prompto's SSB pentabreak on a daily. And at the last pull on the Realms on Parade, for FF IX, got Freya's materia (+wind hat for mages) and Marcus BSB. Still have to learn all that.

Preparing myself to tackle 4* Magicites and Torments. Teams Fire & Ice looking very good.

Also, for those on Brave Exvius, Kate Perry collaboration? I must admit that looks a bit cool.

But the new FFRK Christmas screen on JP has Dragon Quest Slimes. I'd love to see Dragon Quest stuff on FFRK, or other Square Enix franchises. Maybe the time is coming!
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

21. - Top - End - #411
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not hitting ever RoP banner. So far I've done Tactics and XIV, got Ovelia's other BSB and Yda's Forbidden Chakra BSB, so I won't complain. Gotta wonder when Yda will get her Lyse wardrobe record...
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

22. - Top - End - #412

Ooh, yeah, I've been eyeing the RoP.

My dilemma is wondering what comes next. If memory serves, we're getting three relic-type-specific banners, possibly a Fest, but honestly I can't keep track anymore. And I'm hard-pressed to argue that anything is better than at least one 5-star relic for 5 mythril. Especially now that SSBs have been curated out.

I'm probably going to blow my mythril on RoP, is the point.
    Yeah, I’ve been redlining mythril for a while now. Since the realm draws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayn82 View Post
    Another countdown, good for me. Got so far Ace's RLM, dupes of Ramza's USB 1 and Cid XIV gun, and Gladiolus OSB - a 179 atk sword that boost fire and on synergy also boosts earth, excellent item.

Also got Seymour's BSB on 100 gems, and Prompto's SSB pentabreak on a daily. And at the last pull on the Realms on Parade, for FF IX, got Freya's materia (+wind hat for mages) and Marcus BSB. Still have to learn all that.

Preparing myself to tackle 4* Magicites and Torments. Teams Fire & Ice looking very good.

Also, for those on Brave Exvius, Kate Perry collaboration? I must admit that looks a bit cool.

But the new FFRK Christmas screen on JP has Dragon Quest Slimes. I'd love to see Dragon Quest stuff on FFRK, or other Square Enix franchises. Maybe the time is coming!
    Nice!

I discovered I can sub 30 all of the easiest Neo Torments. Beat but not sub 30 a couple more.

4* magicites though? I’ve beaten Marilith several times, have 4 4* Fire magicite at 99, but that’s where it stops. I have beaten Isgebind, but it takes way too long and I need to S/L. Need Gilgachain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I'm not hitting ever RoP banner. So far I've done Tactics and XIV, got Ovelia's other BSB and Yda's Forbidden Chakra BSB, so I won't complain. Gotta wonder when Yda will get her Lyse wardrobe record...
    Same, same.

Wardrobe, eh? I must investigate.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

So, on daily draw today I got a disco - Arc's USB. Pretty neat offensive SB on a healer, pity that's not your job, Arc.

Well, you know what that means. Get lucky on daily, test that luck - this time, on RoP. Survey says:
    • Type-0: 1/3, Machina's BSB. I have his USB, but this seems okay, so...? I dunno T-0 characters.
    • Tactics: 1/3, Alma's LMR. Dupe. Seriously, why did I pull on this banner? I have so many Tactics relics...
    • XV: 1/3, Noctis' LMR. Dupe. I mean, having more XV gear is nice, especially as a bracer, but... Meh.

I should probably stop here.
    • Nope! XIV: 1/3, Ysayle's LMR. An automatic chance at Imperil Ice is pretty useful, too bad I have nothing else for this character.
    • XIII: 1/3, Lightning's Brave USB! This is legitimately potent. Really, really good. And I have so much for her already, relic-wise. This was a good pull.

And that's it for my bad decision-making today.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

Same, same.

Wardrobe, eh? I must investigate.
    Oh I only mention it because Yda gets TWO changes of clothing in Stormblood, so it only makes sense she'd get a Wardrobe record at some point. So when we start getting Stormblood NPCs from FFXIV like Alisae or Other!Krile we'll probably get that.

I still wish characters got synergy in every game they've shown up in. FFT for Cloud, nearly everything for Gilgamesh...
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

25. - Top - End - #415

So, on daily draw today I got a disco - Arc's USB. Pretty neat offensive SB on a healer, pity that's not your job, Arc.

Well, you know what that means. Get lucky on daily, test that luck - this time, on RoP. Survey says:
    • Type-0: 1/3, Machina's BSB. I have his USB, but this seems okay, so...? I dunno T-0 characters.
    • Tactics: 1/3, Alma's LMR. Dupe. Seriously, why did I pull on this banner? I have so many Tactics relics...
    • XV: 1/3, Noctis' LMR. Dupe. I mean, having more XV gear is nice, especially as a bracer, but... Meh.

I should probably stop here.
    • Nope! XIV: 1/3, Ysayle's LMR. An automatic chance at Imperil Ice is pretty useful, too bad I have nothing else for this character.
    • XIII: 1/3, Lightning's Brave USB! This is legitimately potent. Really, really good. And I have so much for her already, relic-wise. This was a good pull.

And that's it for my bad decision-making today.
    Eek. Well, at least that’s a good relic for Lightning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Oh I only mention it because Yda gets TWO changes of clothing in Stormblood, so it only makes sense she'd get a Wardrobe record at some point. So when we start getting Stormblood NPCs from FFXIV like Alisae or Other!Krile we'll probably get that.

I still wish characters got synergy in every game they've shown up in. FFT for Cloud, nearly everything for Gilgamesh...
    Ah I see. XIV is one of the few games I haven’t played on FFRK (the others being XI, Tactics sequel, IV sequel, VII sequel).

Also, question for people. When you do magicites/other tough stuff, what’s your general party composition?

I found 2 DPSers and 2 Enthrusters (and 1 healer) usually beats 3 DPSers and 1 Enthruster, sadly.

Related to this, I recently tried Mist Dragon again. Old record was 20s or so. I got Seifer’s chain, thought that’d lower my time. Dropped an Enthruster for Seifer, my time actually went up :(
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

This is by far the best RoP I've ever had. So far I've gotten 3 discos out of it, one of which was a freaking Arcane for Lightning!

So far I've drawn:

Ame-no-Murakumo, Vaan's 2nd USB, which is nifty because I have his first USB as well, lol.
    Hauteclaire: Lightning's AOSB, and my 2nd AOSB(Terra being my first). This goes a damn long way to making my Lightning team decent, I barely managed to squeak out a win against the 3* water magicite battle with my Lightning team because it's so awful. This, combined with Ashe's USB I pulled a week or so ago is going to get me much closer to sub 30 on it.
    Bolt Rapiers: Machina's BSB, and it seems to be a pretty decent one as it gives a 30% shield which is always nice. It's also Earth and dark type damage, which might just get Machina a place on my Earth team.
    Avengers: Ignis USB. A fire type USB that is physical based. My physical fire team is looking better and better here, I may actually be able to handle 4* Ice magicite battle soon with the way my fire additions have been coming in.
    Veil of Wiyu: Alphinaud BSB. My wind team is already pretty top-notch, I don't think this will be getting any use sadly.
    Circlet: Montblanc's Legend Materia. Junkiest pull I've had by far, but even then it's not awful. If I can ever get something else to make Montblanc useful, this will be the icing on the cake, since I'll have a chance to stack an extra debuff while using a debuff!

I also did my 15 mythril IV realm pull. Wasn't terribly thrilled with it, got two Legend materia's out of it, Ceodore's Genji Helm and Kain's Thunder Shield. Even worse is the fact that only the Genji Helm can make it into my line-up as usable equipment, and even then I'm taking a significant attack attack loss by using it.

I've also gotten two rainbows out of my last 3 daily pulls, sadly both were dupes, one being Fujin's BSB, and the other being Cid's(VII) SSB.

27. - Top - End - #417

RedWizardGuy

Eek. Well, at least that’s a good relic for Lightning.

Ah I see. XIV is one of the few games I haven’t played on FFRK (the others being XI, Tactics sequel, IV sequel, VII sequel).

Also, question for people. When you do magicites/other tough stuff, what’s your general party composition?

I found 2 DPSers and 2 Enthrusters (and 1 healer) usually beats 3 DPSers and 1 Enthruster, sadly.

Related to this, I recently tried Mist Dragon again. Old record was 20s or so. I got Seifer’s chain, thought that’d lower my time. Dropped an Enthruster for Seifer, my time actually went up :(
    I'm not great on sub -30 on Magicites, and I build my teams for staying power. 1 support, 1 healer 2 DPS is almost mandatory. The last slot is the Flex pick, where the strategy is defined.

On my usual fare, I like to use 1 Support/Enthruster (Ramza, Mog, Red XIII, Shelke or OK), 2 DPS and 2 Healers, one of them a Sage or pure healer with some kind of relevant DPS buff.

This Sage/healer includes Tellah BSB, Deuce BSB, Aemo BSB (Atk/Mag buff Medica), Mog USB/BSB, Garnet stuff, Exdeath stuff, Braska with SSBs.

Sometimes, the this spot plays third DPS, or is switched for a DPS with a HP% Medica (Sabin and Curilla holding up with SSBs!), or a more DPS with Rapha and Galluf (via BSB commands).

28. - Top - End - #418

Quote Originally Posted by Slayn82 View Post
    I'm not great on sub -30 on Magicites, and I build my teams for staying power. 1 support, 1 healer 2 DPS is almost mandatory. The last slot is the Flex pick, where the strategy is defined.

On my usual fare, I like to use 1 Support/Enthruster (Ramza, Mog, Red XIII, Shelke or OK), 2 DPS and 2 Healers, one of them a Sage or pure healer with some kind of relevant DPS buff.

This Sage/healer includes Tellah BSB, Deuce BSB, Aemo BSB (Atk/Mag buff Medica), Mog USB/BSB, Garnet stuff, Exdeath stuff, Braska with SSBs.

Sometimes, the this spot plays third DPS, or is switched for a DPS with a HP% Medica (Sabin and Curilla holding up with SSBs!), or a more DPS with Rapha and Galluf (via BSB commands).
    Sounds good, sounds good.

I field Elarra with her USB in nearly every battle. Then usually Ramza with BSB+USB in most battles, and if not him then Tyro with USB.

In other news, I can consistently beat Tiamat ~35 seconds. Best time is 29. Up to 8 victories. Hopefully just a few more of the right drops so I can move onto other things.

Edit: good news on my front. Got 4 of each magicite from Tiamat. I don’t plan on ever fighting her again.

Also, pulled Ashe’s AOSB on the realm draw. Already had her Glint, BSB, USB, LMR. One of my strongest casters now.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-12-14 at 08:26 PM.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

Holy hell, I just got a disco ball from the daily draw! Nothing terribly useful, Noctis' OSB, but still, pretty amazing to see a 6* from a daily draw. Though, looking at it, it's a much more useful OSB than other OSB, what with the fact it grants a 30% shield and reduces delay of actions + increases attack.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2018-12-15 at 05:13 PM.

30. - Top - End - #420

Holy hell, I just got a disco ball from the daily draw! Nothing terribly useful, Noctis' OSB, but still, pretty amazing to see a 6* from a daily draw. Though, looking at it, it's a much more useful OSB than other OSB, what with the fact it grants a 30% shield and reduces delay of actions + increases attack.
    Grats!

I like Noctis. Use him on my XV team and nonelemental team.

Edit: speaking of 6*s on the daily draw, got a dupe of Elarra’s USB.

EDIT EDIT: Whooooaaaaaaaa. With the abundance of mythril from the winter stuff, did the 5 mythril pulls on 0, XI, and X. On XI and X got a 6* and a 5*, no dupes at all. Nice.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-12-16 at 08:38 AM.