The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 600 of 1010
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Back forty.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    So I decided to be weak and grab three more LotRs.

    First, XV, 2/3, one rainbow and one disco! Axe of the Conqueror, Noctis' ASB (and a dupe), and Aranea's Cowl, Aranea's BSB. Next, XIV, 1/3, one disco! Morkinskinna, Alphinaud's Brave USB! Nice. Finally, XIII, 1/3, rainbow. Mistilteinn, Vanille's BSB (and a dupe).

    So, fifteen mythril, four relics, two of them new, one of the new ones a Brave USB. Calling it a win.
    Yeah, I’d like Alph’s BUSB. Nice :)

    I got Snow’s CSB from the XIII LotR. For the fourth time.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

  2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Yeah, I’d like Alph’s BUSB. Nice :)
    Honestly, looking at it, it has a lot of caveats.

    The base ability - 10-hit ST Wind SMN damage, reflect damage as Wind, and two turn delay reduce - is a lot of good stuff. The damage is especially nice, since as SMN it can't be reflected. But the Brave mode is complicated. You iterate it with Wind damage, but it deals SMN damage, and the ether effect on ranks 2 and 3 recharges SMN abilities. So for best function, you should be using it with Wind SMNs.

    So, how many of those do we actually have? At last count, two: Tiamat and Dark Valefor. And let's be more practical: If you can't tackle Neo Torments yet, there's just one, Tiamat. So to maximize the utility of this BUSB, you basically have to craft and hone two copies of Tiamat for Alphi's personal use.

    Tiamat isn't a terrible ability, granted. But that's a pretty major hassle - and a narrow use - for what would otherwise be a pretty solid ability. Heck, if it triggered off of SMN instead of Wind, that would resolve the matter handily. But as it is, it's a bit frustrating. It's like having this awesome weapon and being told you can only use it in this one dungeon in the game.

    EDIT: And LotR is up for XII. 1/3, Princely Raiment, Larsa's BSB and a dupe several times over. Them's the breaks.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2019-03-13 at 08:01 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Antonok's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    My Own Prison
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    So caved and did a pull on the dissidia banner and hit the jackpot.

    1/11 Ramza CSB.

    Now just need something more than Roxas USB and Agrias BSB/OSB.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

    Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

    Steam Profile

  4. - Top - End - #574
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    I usually give Alph Meltdown and Tiamat but I find myself wishing I had his other relics as well.


    LOTR wise
    Two dupes (Tactics and XIII)
    Two Enspell LMRS, although neither character is probably torment ready (0, XIV)
    One Glint (XV), which was decent enough for Torment so I'll consider that a win
    One Brave (XII)

    XI I will have to see what the pool is, if as feared it doesn't have anything from the last event (ie, Prishe USB) then I'll probably wait until 3/20.

  5. - Top - End - #575
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Back forty.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Nice points Red Fel.

    Grats on the pull Antonio! I’m still sorely missing in chains.

    I beat Siren twice, down to 20.27 seconds. Now to farm for the best 4* magicite.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

  6. - Top - End - #576
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Nice points Red Fel.
    Sadly, the XI LotR was not as kind. A disco, but Aphmau's USB is a dupe.

    I might just resort to my old standby, and avoid pulling on LotRs unless I get something shiny in the daily draw.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  7. - Top - End - #577
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Back forty.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Sadly, the XI LotR was not as kind. A disco, but Aphmau's USB is a dupe.

    I might just resort to my old standby, and avoid pulling on LotRs unless I get something shiny in the daily draw.
    Boo.

    I lucked out on X. Got Rikku’s mega buff. Been wanting it for a while. Should help for Torment.

    Also been farming Siren. Unlucky with the Evrae drops. Down to 18-19s per run. Hades soon.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

  8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    huttj509's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Do aasb modes stack with ex modes? ...Bartz is wondering.

  9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Antonok's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    My Own Prison
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    Do aasb modes stack with ex modes? ...Bartz is wondering.
    Don't know about chases but everything I've read says double cast (ala TGCid USB) do not.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

    Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

    Steam Profile

  10. - Top - End - #580
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Don't know about chases but everything I've read says double cast (ala TGCid USB) do not.
    Note there's a difference between Double Cast and Ability Double. W-Cast is from Legend Materias and Record Materias, and it's a chance to use the ability again. Ability Double has a 100% chance, but consumes two uses. The reason why Ability Double doesn't work is because, Awakenings give you infinite uses of certain skills while active, which means you don't really consume any uses of the skill, hence not being able to fire up Ability Double. (Technically, Smart Ether shouldn't work either, unless you have one skill that doesn't benefit from infinite hones). There's also the issue with Brave USBs.

    If it helps, think of this - what kind of USBs work with Bursts? Generally, all of them, except Ability Double. The main difference is that Bursts count as abilities of the lowest level, for purposes of EX Modes that depend on Ability Rank. Most likely, that's not the case with infinite uses.

    Oh, and I haven't revealed which are the items I've received between last time and now on the Happy Gacha, right? Let's go for it!
    Spoiler: Happy Gacha Pulls
    Show
    • Vayne's Deathbringer. His USB, and...a dupe. In case you haven't seen it, it's damage is based on the highest between your ATK and MAG, and gives you a Chaser that's likewise based on which stat is higher. So, you can play Vayne as a physical attacker or a magical attacker, and it'll work well.
    • Aphmau's Jadagna! This is her USB Medica, and another IC Medica. This one stacks Haste with...IC1! Fired at the right moment, it can do wonders.
    • Lulu's Moomba Warrior! This is her Glint, which is your typical EnElement + Element Stack, for the Ice element. This pairs pretty nicely with her SSB, and since she already's fully dived, this actually means a nice increase to damage.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

  11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    I mean, technically unique buffs - such as EX Modes - stack with other things that are not them. That's part of what makes the stat boosts in EX Modes so valuable, for example, is that they stack with other stat boosts. Oskar is right, however, that just because you have the buff from one special mode doesn't mean that another special mode enables it to trigger.

    In other news, I am weak and pulled on two more LotRs. From X, I got a single rainbow, Auron's Glint, a typical stacking En-Element and quickcast 2 affair. From IX, I got a disco, Steiner's OSB. This latter one is a dupe. And although it gets +Fire, it only gets that as realm synergy, and let's be honest, nobody in IX is using Fire PHY except for Steiner, so that's combo fodder. (Yes, Zidane has that THF ability. No, he will never favor Fire over Wind if I have anything to say about it.)

    Hope everyone else is having luckier draws.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  12. - Top - End - #582
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Back forty.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Remember back in the day we’d post our Sundaily results?

    Anyway. Just finished getting everyone to 80 again. Only took me a year >.> iirc I restarted right around the third anniversary. The only thing I miss from my old account is my Gigas Armlets/other accessories.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

  13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Remember back in the day we’d post our Sundaily results?

    Anyway. Just finished getting everyone to 80 again. Only took me a year >.> iirc I restarted right around the third anniversary. The only thing I miss from my old account is my Gigas Armlets/other accessories.
    I mean, we're rapidly reaching a point where, if you've been super-diligent about leveling, you could potentially have every character at 99. That's in large part due to the fact that the EXP dungeon is now available week-round. Personally, I have maybe a dozen characters between 80 and 99; the rest are all maxed.

    Honestly, the big bottleneck to leveling now isn't leveling characters, it's leveling magicites. Go to magicite dungeon, farm magicites, break cap, level up. Level up. Level up. Level up. Level up. Go back to magicite dungeon, farm magicites, break cap. Repeat. We don't get nearly as many arcana as we do eggs, which basically makes the EXP dungeon the only way to level up your magicites, and those last few levels (in the 90s) take forever.

    And this is me, still leveling up my 3-star magicites. I don't even want to think about the 4-star farming experience.

    As for your accessories, the real reason to miss them is Legendary Weapons. 5-star accessories - even the crappy ones you would never use - still count as 5-star relics for the purpose of farming rainbow crystals or whatever they'll be called in NA. A lot of people are now sitting on a vault full of unused relics specifically in anticipation of this purpose.

    In other news, I have abandoned pretense and am just grabbing the LotRs when I can. This time I got Ultimecia's OSB. Yay, OSB. Yay.

    Also, apparently the V banners will stay open through 4A. So you can always wait for the V LotR and Fest Banner 3 (the one with Bartz and Faris) before deciding if you want to blow resources on the V banners.

    Also also, in response to the earlier inquiry about Awakenings stacking with EX Modes, here's a further illustration. Awakenings of different types (e.g. not two different Awaken Fires) stack with each other. By that logic, they should - except for the whole Ability Double-type issue - stack with EX Modes as well.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  14. - Top - End - #584
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Back forty.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I mean, we're rapidly reaching a point where, if you've been super-diligent about leveling, you could potentially have every character at 99. That's in large part due to the fact that the EXP dungeon is now available week-round. Personally, I have maybe a dozen characters between 80 and 99; the rest are all maxed.

    Honestly, the big bottleneck to leveling now isn't leveling characters, it's leveling magicites. Go to magicite dungeon, farm magicites, break cap, level up. Level up. Level up. Level up. Level up. Go back to magicite dungeon, farm magicites, break cap. Repeat. We don't get nearly as many arcana as we do eggs, which basically makes the EXP dungeon the only way to level up your magicites, and those last few levels (in the 90s) take forever.

    And this is me, still leveling up my 3-star magicites. I don't even want to think about the 4-star farming experience.

    As for your accessories, the real reason to miss them is Legendary Weapons. 5-star accessories - even the crappy ones you would never use - still count as 5-star relics for the purpose of farming rainbow crystals or whatever they'll be called in NA. A lot of people are now sitting on a vault full of unused relics specifically in anticipation of this purpose.

    In other news, I have abandoned pretense and am just grabbing the LotRs when I can. This time I got Ultimecia's OSB. Yay, OSB. Yay.

    Also, apparently the V banners will stay open through 4A. So you can always wait for the V LotR and Fest Banner 3 (the one with Bartz and Faris) before deciding if you want to blow resources on the V banners.

    Also also, in response to the earlier inquiry about Awakenings stacking with EX Modes, here's a further illustration. Awakenings of different types (e.g. not two different Awaken Fires) stack with each other. By that logic, they should - except for the whole Ability Double-type issue - stack with EX Modes as well.
    Yeah, I saw a dude on reddit a little while ago had every single character at 99, with complete non-legend dives. That’s a lotta 4* motes.

    And leveling 4* magicites isn’t too bad. I have decks for every element except Dark and Ice. I’ve been using https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red...heritance_and/ for minimality while still having pretty dang good decks. Not optimal, but I’m not going to waste a bunch of time for, IMO, minimal gains.

    Oh yeah. Plus they’re easier to acquire and level. Good time to start, really.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

  15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Yeah, I saw a dude on reddit a little while ago had every single character at 99, with complete non-legend dives. That’s a lotta 4* motes.
    Yeah, I'm not close to that. Probably doesn't help that I don't farm 4-star motes as hard as I should. Bleh.

    Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    And leveling 4* magicites isn’t too bad. I have decks for every element except Dark and Ice. I’ve been using https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red...heritance_and/ for minimality while still having pretty dang good decks. Not optimal, but I’m not going to waste a bunch of time for, IMO, minimal gains.

    Oh yeah. Plus they’re easier to acquire and level. Good time to start, really.
    Speaking of, I finally downed Shadow Dragon for the first time! And sub30, as well! The team was RAIJIN CID (OSB), Marche (USB), o'Light (CSB), Ramza (Shout!Burst) and Aerith (USB2). Thanks to her LRM and LM2, Aerith kept up the party heals; everyone else just tried to DPS him past the Black Fang checkpoints. In fact, the only reason I won (finally) was that I figured out a system that let me do that.

    Now it's just down to the Mist Dragon. Then I can finally start failing against 4-star magicites. So stoked.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  16. - Top - End - #586
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Back forty.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Yeah, I'm not close to that. Probably doesn't help that I don't farm 4-star motes as hard as I should. Bleh.
    Same. I only have a bit over half of the cast to 99. I have no particular motivation to dive people unless they'll actually see action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Speaking of, I finally downed Shadow Dragon for the first time! And sub30, as well! The team was RAIJIN CID (OSB), Marche (USB), o'Light (CSB), Ramza (Shout!Burst) and Aerith (USB2). Thanks to her LRM and LM2, Aerith kept up the party heals; everyone else just tried to DPS him past the Black Fang checkpoints. In fact, the only reason I won (finally) was that I figured out a system that let me do that.

    Now it's just down to the Mist Dragon. Then I can finally start failing against 4-star magicites. So stoked.
    Big grats!!!

    iirc Mist Dragon was similar. Consistently high dps, avoid its gimmicks.

    In other news, how many USBs do people have? I have like... 80. Which is more than I expected, but in a similar thread (?) on reddit, people were stating much higher numbers.

    Where I'm really lacking is chains. No Holy, no Fire, no Earth, no Wind. Mix of gen 1 and gen 2, not particularly good phy v. magic coverage. Yeah, super spotty.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

  17. - Top - End - #587
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    iirc Mist Dragon was similar. Consistently high dps, avoid its gimmicks.
    Eh, probably won't bother with it until I level my Dark magicites some.

    Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    In other news, how many USBs do people have? I have like... 80. Which is more than I expected, but in a similar thread (?) on reddit, people were stating much higher numbers.
    Pfft, lemme see... Not counting dupes, I'm around 65-70ish, I think? People who budgeted and whaled a certain way probably have way more than I do.

    Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Where I'm really lacking is chains. No Holy, no Fire, no Earth, no Wind. Mix of gen 1 and gen 2, not particularly good phy v. magic coverage. Yeah, super spotty.
    Yeah, I've got about six of those, mostly Gen 1. Holy, Wind, Lightning, Ice, Gen 1; Holy and Fire, Gen 2. Ironically, I use my Gen 1 Holy Chain (o'Light) because my Gen 2 is on Ramza, and for chain purposes I have him use his Shout!BSB, because the first command is just a 5-hit Holy attack which is great for increasing chain.

    In other news, VII LotR! Survey says... one rainbow. Yuffie's awesome Glint! ... which I mastered quite awhile ago. Because it's a dupe. Yay.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  18. - Top - End - #588
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Back forty.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Dupe, boo.

    I got a Red XIII LMR. A hairpin. Which I think may be my first hairpin ever, both accounts. This pleases me.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

  19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Ahh, seven mythril day!1 Makes me pretty enthused for tonight's LotR, even though my daily draw was rubbish. Results? One disco - Shadow's USB! Instant-cast Dark/Non damage, Dark attacks reduce delay, and Blink lets NIN trigger a chase. Not only is this a long-overdue relic for Shadow, it's also a really good addition to my otherwise paltry Dark PHY team.

    Seven mythril day, you did not disappoint.

    1 That's three from 4A Countdown, one from Lengthy Login, one from Daily Login, one from Daily Login (weekly), and one from Book of Dates. Three plus one plus one plus one plus one.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  20. - Top - End - #590
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Back forty.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Ahh, seven mythril day!1 Makes me pretty enthused for tonight's LotR, even though my daily draw was rubbish. Results? One disco - Shadow's USB! Instant-cast Dark/Non damage, Dark attacks reduce delay, and Blink lets NIN trigger a chase. Not only is this a long-overdue relic for Shadow, it's also a really good addition to my otherwise paltry Dark PHY team.

    Seven mythril day, you did not disappoint.

    1 That's three from 4A Countdown, one from Lengthy Login, one from Daily Login, one from Daily Login (weekly), and one from Book of Dates. Three plus one plus one plus one plus one.
    Grats!

    Yeah, we were just talking about taking down Mist Dragon.

    I didn’t do the LotR draw before maintenance (living in Germany now, throws off when I do stuff). Looking forward to it.

    And hopefully the data miners will get the 4A banner info with this update.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

  21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Grats!

    Yeah, we were just talking about taking down Mist Dragon.
    Oh, I actually managed to down him with a Dark MAG party. Not sub30, but it gets me into 4-stars.

    Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    I didn’t do the LotR draw before maintenance (living in Germany now, throws off when I do stuff). Looking forward to it.

    And hopefully the data miners will get the 4A banner info with this update.
    Speaking of, we got updates! The big one: Artifacts! These are special weapons with awesomely high stats. The sweet spot is around level 33-ish, at which point your Artifact weapon will basically be stronger than any other weapon in realm.

    Some weapons will be realm-specific. Others will be element-boosting. Keep an eye on stats, too - for example, the FFII Dagger is pure ATK, while the FFIII Dagger is ATK/MAG. Go through and find the ones you like most. ProTip: Everyone can use Daggers.

    Also, you know all the crap that's been sitting in your vault waiting to become a Rosetta Stone? Guess what you can do with it now. Keep in mind that anything of 5-star rarity - including stat-sticks and accessories - gets converted into Rainbows Points at a high rate. (Specifically: 1-4-star gear becomes 400 points, 5-star gear becomes 2000 points. One Rainbow Crystal costs 2000 points, so that's a 1-to-1 rate.) Also, keep in mind that if you do choose to burn your old 5-star gear for Rainbow points, augmentation level matters. Each +1 is worth an additional 1000 points. And while, yes, you could just burn Rosetta Stones, remember that if you instead Rosetta Stone the equipment, you have a chance at a bonus augment - which is basically free points.

    Your vault is about to be very empty, is my point here.

    Two final notes. First, remember how we recently got auto-sell? You can now set it to auto-Rainbow. Do so right now. Second: Power-Up Dungeons, which are now all open, have been revamped, which means the rewards have been reset. We also have some new missions for clearing them. So, you know, get on that.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2019-03-20 at 08:42 AM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Antonok's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    My Own Prison
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    6* Magicites were apparently just confirmed for JP.

    Edit: Data mined dates

    Spoiler
    Show
    March 22 [5am PST] - Lucky Banners?
    March 24 [5pm PST] - Record Dungeon Update 10
    March 25 - 4th Anniversary Movie Opens
    March 25 - 4th Anniversary Opens
    March 25 - 4th Anniversary Banner 1 Opens
    March 25 - 4th Anniversary Hero Memory Opens
    March 25 - Original Scenario Region Open
    March 26 - 4th Anniversary Ministry of History 1 Opens
    March 26 - 4th Anniversary Ministry of History 2 Opens
    March 27 - 4th Anniversary Hero of Memory 1 Opens
    March 29 - 4th Anniversary Dimension
    April 4 - 4th Anniversary Banners Close
    April 4 - (IX) The Fullness of Time
    April 5 - ???
    April 9 - ???
    April 11 - (Dissidia) Dawn of Strife
    April 16 - 4th Anniversary Dungeons Close
    April 16 - 4th Anniversary Special Selection Close
    April 16 - Luck of the Realms Close
    April 17 - ???
    April 18 - (VI) Weight of the Past
    April 24 - Episode Magicite: Part 12 (Dark)
    April 24 - Torment - Phrekyos (II)
    April 25 - (II) Craving for Evil Powers
    May 8 - Dungeon Update #56
    June 12 - Dungeon Update #57 (XV, Type-0)


    Fest banner data is still unknown and likely won't be added until right before it releases
    Last edited by Antonok; 2019-03-20 at 10:19 AM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

    Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

    Steam Profile

  23. - Top - End - #593
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    I know this is gonna jinx it for the last 5 draws, but...have you noticed that I've been drawing quite a lot of USBs recently? Not only that, I've pretty much tripled the amount of Brave USBs I've gotten.

    Of course...that doesn't mean I haven't got 5*s, it's just that I've gotten more Discos than usual. That's pretty good! Speaking of the loot so far...let's add the last three draws!

    Spoiler: Happy Gacha draws
    Show
    • Vivi's Judicer's Staff (IX)! This is his USB Staff, because for some reason they had to do so. Anyways, this is THE Relic that's placed Vivi on the map, because it grants him some serious goodies. For one, it has EnFire, meaning he's more dangerous with Fire spells. He also gets a solid MAG/RES buff, which...his Burst offers to everyone. So, why it's so valuable? Well, five words: Ability Double for Black Magic. So that means Vivi will burn his slots real fast, for the ONLY kind of abilities he can use. In other words: the Glass Cannon just became a Glass Howitzer. Good thing his BSB's still around...
    • Squall's Survival Vest (VIII)! This is one of his various LMRs, but this is the one that lets him start with EnFire. After all the focus on Ice, Squall suddenly remembers he's associated with Fire more than Ice, and tries to do a reacharound. Without support from Bursts, USBs and whatnot, that means this will be only moderately useful. Well, I kid; it'll be useful if I can get his first BSB online fast, because it becomes a boost to damage. A minimal boost to damage, granted, but...
    • Gogo's Falchion (VI)! This is his Brave USB, with a nice +Earth bonus to it! That's already good, of course, and it goes without mentioning that it's a weapon that boosts MAG, though it provides a solid boost to ATK as well. It's a very nice relic, but what does it grant Gogo? Well, it's a sweet IC buff (Boostga/Faithga/Hastega, which is exactly what Onion Knight's BSB grants), which is superb. But, the meat here is the Brave command. At level 0, it's just a simple attack that deals physical or magical damage; no biggie. (As it stands, it's mostly gonna be physical, unless you really boost his MAG). At level 1 and beyond, it becomes a Mimic command, and you know how good that can be. At level 3, though, it's Triplecast Mimic. How can that be good, you say? Well, imagine Terra casts Chain Firaja twice (or thrice, if I get her Awakening). If I hold all commands until Gogo goes, he'll retort with three Chain Firajas as well. But...what if Terra only casts twice? Gogo will STILL triplecast it. But what if I really need Relm's Curaja? Well, Gogo will triplecast Curaja. Of course, it'll be limited: no triplecast Soul Breaks, no triplecast fun stuff like Ninja attacks, or potentially Spellblades. So, it's a toss-up: if you time it right ,it nearly doubles or triples your potential. That said, it can only be boosted by Black Magic or Combat spells - take heart, though, since Lifesiphon is a Combat move. So, you can boost your SB gauge AND your Brave commands too! Anyways, it's a tool that requires tactics, and I'm crazy enough to use it on the DWHale FFVI Torment.


    Also, and I know at least one of the people here will know this...did our level 99 heroes just became Paragons? *wink wink Fel, wink wink*
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

  24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Also, and I know at least one of the people here will know this...did our level 99 heroes just became Paragons? *wink wink Fel, wink wink*
    Was that a Diablo reference?

    Anyway, yeah, "Magia." I forgot about this bit, mostly because it's so forgettable.

    Okay. Here's how it works. You can now upgrade level 99 characters with Magia Crystals. Each crystal unlocks two stats to be upgraded. There are elemental crystals that upgrade your damage with and resistance to a particular element, Might crystals that upgrade your ATK/DEF, Black that upgrades your MAG/RES, and White that upgrades MND/HP. You gain crystals by adventuring with your level 99 characters.

    The bad news is that these upgrades are fairly small. The good news is that they're basically free bonuses for characters you already use. Face it - you know your daily farming teams, your magicite teams, and your realm teams. Most or all of them are probably at 99 by now. This is basically a free bonus for using these characters - which, again, you do anyway - by giving a little perk.

    And while accessories will probably be more valuable to you for elemental resist, keep in mind that sometimes you need status resist accessories. When that happens, it'd be pretty great to have a character who has elemental resist baked in, wouldn't it?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    huttj509's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Artefact synergy doesn't trigger in magicite dungeons, does it?

  26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Antonok's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    My Own Prison
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    Artefact synergy doesn't trigger in magicite dungeons, does it?
    It does not. We will be getting a second batch of artifact weapons that have a non synergy +element boost on them later.

    General advice I've seen is just save until they release unless you just need a strong realm weapon for torments.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

    Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

    Steam Profile

  27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Well, V LotR is up, and my 1/3 was Kelger's LMR, yet another "Use NIN, gain Blink" relic. Still, it's a +Earth light armor. And lucky me, he's not max level yet, so putting him back in my party to level it won't be a waste.

    How are your pulls going?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  28. - Top - End - #598
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Starwulf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Western Maryland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Well, V LotR is up, and my 1/3 was Kelger's LMR, yet another "Use NIN, gain Blink" relic. Still, it's a +Earth light armor. And lucky me, he's not max level yet, so putting him back in my party to level it won't be a waste.

    How are your pulls going?
    Horrifically. I've not gotten a single disco ball yet, and most of what I've pulled have been lmr's or glints, and not even really useful ones at that ><.

    Rawr. Just did V, VI and VII. Again, no disco, and again junk. A dupe(Reno's BSB), GoGo's something or another, and Galuf's lmr ><. Bah Humbug.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2019-03-21 at 03:17 AM.
    Avatar is Chaos Devil Dragon from Puzzle & Dragons!

  29. - Top - End - #599
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Back forty.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Dang. Sorry Statwulf.

    The only notable item for me is a USB for Lenna. Everything else was either a dupe or not good.

    And speaking of magia, what’s everyone’s magia farming teams (if any)?

    I have WoL for Holy (USB1/2, AOSB, etc), Bartz for Fire/Water/Earth (USB1/2, AOSB, etc), Cloud for Wind (USB1/2, AOSB, etc), Squall for Ice (BSB2, AOSB, etc), Sephy for Dark (USB1/2, etc).

    No Lightning coverage (I use Ashe), and I use Tidus rather than Bartz on my Water team (but that’ll change).
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-03-21 at 05:20 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    huttj509's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Dang. Sorry Statwulf.

    The only notable item for me is a USB for Lenna. Everything else was either a dupe or not good.

    And speaking of magia, what’s everyone’s magia farming teams (if any)?

    I have WoL for Holy (USB1/2, AOSB, etc), Bartz for Fire/Water/Earth (USB1/2, AOSB, etc), Cloud for Wind (USB1/2, AOSB, etc), Squall for Ice (BSB2, AOSB, etc), Sephy for Dark (USB1/2, etc).

    No Lightning coverage (I use Ashe), and I use Tidus rather than Bartz on my Water team (but that’ll change).

    Currently I'm working up Yuffie's water attack (since her ninja spells don't cap out yet, even with chain), Refia and Vincent for fire (my vincent is weak, but he's my fire chain 2 even on my physical fire team, might as well buff that), and Riku's dark (have his AASB, so anything I can do to boost that is great).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •