New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

Excellent points, Red Fel! That’s a whooooole lotta 11 pulls for 15 mythril each. Like 25 or so. Wowza. Yeah, I’m inclined to save save save.

And sorry huttj :(

Edit: penultimate Kefka was rather difficult. Ultimate Kefka... I’m not sure I can beat.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-04-04 at 02:06 PM.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

None of the big ones from 4 or 5; I guess all my luck went on banner 1. Still from that I might be able to just brute force some stuff.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

Started going through all the 4* magicites I can beat to build decks. Basic set up I'm going for is:

Element Boost + Inherit Element Boost
    Dampen Element + Inherit Dampen
    Attack Boost + Inherit Att. Boost (same for magic)
    Fast Act + Inherit Fast Act
    ????

I don't know what the 5th will be. Trying to decide if HP boon or Mind Boost would be better. Also trying to figure out the best Magicites for the Attack and Magic inherits.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

4. - Top - End - #664

For 4* magicite decks I’ve been using this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red...heritance_and/

I really like it because you get good decks without a ton of farming. Not absolutely optimal, but I’d rather not farm as much.

Speaking of which, I think this will be the month I complete my 4* decks. Maybe next month. I have all the base magicites for every deck at 99 except Dark, and inheritance is underway.

... actually, prob next month. That’s a lotta inheritance.

Edit: yup, got the spreadsheet up. Missing a couple I didn’t realize (need 2 copies of Tiamat and Kracken), and my inheritance is crap (maybe 25% done done, another 25% doneish, the rest naked). tbh I’ll prob just inherit 2* Magicites. Too lazy for all that farming.

Edit edit: beat Kefka. Have a new A team
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-04-06 at 12:59 AM.

5. - Top - End - #665

Anyone pull on the Core banner?

I thought about it... Dr Mog would be a welcome addition to a couple teams, mostly Holy mage. However, I don’t see myself using any of the other relics. Like Elarra’s USB2, I’d rather use her USB1. And Tyro’s USB4 is apparently on his AASB.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

So I got bored and decided to do a random single draw on the V Banner 2 because earth chain. Long story short, I now got Galuf's earth chain He is now the ultimate V support with his 50% crit fix SSB, USB1, and CSB.

Leave's me needing a water and dark chain.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

7. - Top - End - #667

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    So I got bored and decided to do a random single draw on the V Banner 2 because earth chain. Long story short, I now got Galuf's earth chain He is now the ultimate V support with his 50% crit fix SSB, USB1, and CSB.

Leave's me needing a water and dark chain.
    Nice!

And thanks for reminding me! I don’t have an Earth or Fire chain. Didn’t pull much on 4A, still have 300 mythril. Well, had. Just pulled twice, got Galuf chain too :D
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Well, decided to poke my nose at the FF 6 torment, since I had Edgar chase, Kefka chase, Locke chase, and Terra Awakening. With Elarra as my healer (regenaga so good for that fight with strong aoe damage).

Beat the 280 in 22.7 seconds, once Terra got her awakening up it was game over, man, game over.

So now I have Dark Valefor as an actual good summon wind option.

Edit: And the ??? trounced me.
    Last edited by huttj509; 2019-04-08 at 08:56 AM.

9. - Top - End - #669

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    Well, decided to poke my nose at the FF 6 torment, since I had Edgar chase, Kefka chase, Locke chase, and Terra Awakening. With Elarra as my healer (regenaga so good for that fight with strong aoe damage).

Beat the 280 in 22.7 seconds, once Terra got her awakening up it was game over, man, game over.

So now I have Dark Valefor as an actual good summon wind option.

Edit: And the ??? trounced me.
    Grats!

I’ve only sub 30’d VII. Beat T and VI, that’s it for 280s. Might be time for some more.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground

I know I'm supposed to be saving for summer, but there's an Ice Lucky Draw up, so you know I've got to...

1/11, disco - Squall's USB! That's not helpful, he has plenty of them... it's the En-Ice with an Ice chaser. So, hey, new Ice relic for the guy who has all the Ice relics. Not complaining too much.

Hope you all have better self-control than I do.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

11. - Top - End - #671

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I know I'm supposed to be saving for summer, but there's an Ice Lucky Draw up, so you know I've got to...

1/11, disco - Squall's USB! That's not helpful, he has plenty of them... it's the En-Ice with an Ice chaser. So, hey, new Ice relic for the guy who has all the Ice relics. Not complaining too much.

Hope you all have better self-control than I do.
    Grats! I’d really like Squall USB1.

I too went for the LD. Went 2/11, both rainbow dupes.

Edit: I clarify rainbow ‘cause disco dupes can at least be turned into useful stat sticks. With artifacts, even 5+++ won’t be worth fielding soon.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-04-09 at 10:48 PM.

12. - Top - End - #672

Beat my last 4* Magicite, Hades. Hoo boy he's tough. I only beat him twice (and died like 3 times), just over 30 seconds both times.

Anyone pull on the Dissidia banner?
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

13. - Top - End - #673
    Troll in the Playground

And with the Core Banner pulls and Ice Lucky, my Mythril resources are drained. I still have to make a few Dungeons, which means I still have a few Mythril on the backburner (including the 30 Mythril Gift Dungeon!)

But first: the Banners! For example: did you know I pulled again on Banner 4, despite that awesome pull? Well, K did! So...what are the chances that I don't get any dupes in here?

3/11, ONE DISCO...and one dupe.

Spoiler: Banner 4, 2nd Draw
    Show
    • Rosa's Guise! Surprise surprise, I got the third best item in the banner, actually. This is essentially an Elarra Medica clone, with Regenga as the main thing. That means about 2000 HP healed every 2 seconds for up to...8 seconds or something? Anyways, it's basically a way to heal people without putting pressure on the healer. You also get QC, which is pretty awesome. As mentioned before, Elarra gets the support, but Rosa gets...Wrath! So she can spam this, or her IC Medica + MBlink.
    • Terra's Meister Rod! (x2. Yeah, this was the dupe.) This is her LMR, which allows her to start with EnFire. At first, I thought this wasn't a good idea. However, Terra is uniquely equipped to take advantage of it: tons of +Fire equipment, Chain Firaja AND Meltdown, her Glint which allows a quick recharge of her EnFIre + a boost to that, and pretty much all the SBs that grant EnFire (including her Awakening!) So, by using her EnFire (rather than her, say, +Fire boost), I can maximize damage quickly. In fact....I pretty much have both of her LMRs.

Afterwards, I made a single pull on Banner 5. I mean, Chains, right? Particularly a nice Ice chain?

1/11, no Disco, but no dupe.
    Spoiler: Banner 5
    Show
    • Laguna's Sorceress' Knight! This is his EnIce Glint, which would be nice...if he could exploit it. However, he has his Imperil Lightning Burst, which is...not synergistic. It's still Heavy Armor.

Then...the Core Banner! There's a few new nice things here: tons of new USBs, and stuff for the three newcomers to the party. By the way: did you know there's three new CORE characters?
    • First, Arcane Trickster Wedge! He's...well, complicated. He's dressed like a Mage, but the thing is, he has more than Black Magic; mainly, Celerity...and Thief. Yes, THIEF. He's also a pretty fast pipsqueak. As for how he's meant to be? Well, he's the thinker of the duo from the Royal Arcanaeum, which is basically the rivals of the Royal Archives. He's always having to look for...
    • Bruiser Biggs! He's less complicated: an Earth Knight that also dabbles on Heavy Physical, so he can either tank or deal tons of damage. As for how he is; he's loud, impulsive and extremely confident. Also, a minor confession? If you have any doubts on how I look, well...Biggs is pretty much my twin. Except I don't have his haircut.
    • And finally...Dr. Mog himself! Whether you love him or hate him (probably the latter, being the Lord of Salt and all), he's actually pretty interesting. He specializes in magic, particularly Black, White and Summon. He's more of a Sage, with his LM providing W-Cast to BLK AND SUM, with a LMR also providing W-Cast WHM. Other than that, he's basically a traditional caster.

So, what did I do? I pulled twice, of course, to get my free Pull! What did I get from it?

7/33, FOUR DISCOS, and two dupes.
    Spoiler: The Great Core Banner Caper!
    Show
    1st Pull
    • Dr. Mog's Mythril Staff! So THIS is why he's hoarding all the Mythril! This is his USB, which works as a Boostga/Faithga/Gracega, all the while delivering 10 Fire/Ice/Lightning/Holy hits. Just like the entry, the USB gives not one, but TWO Chasers: the first is Moogle Magic, which chases BLK or SUM with several Fire/Ice/Lightning/Holy hits, or Moogle Heal, which chases WHM with...a minor Medica! That means Dr. Mog can focus on healing or doing the hurt...at the same time!
    • Elarra's Magika Orare! This is her second USB Medica; not the one praised a lot, but the one that boosts Crit damage by 50%. This one is meant to work with Tyro's newest USB, which boosts Crit rate by 50%, with improvements that eventually make ALL attacks Crits. That said; Crit chance +50% alongside Precise Strikes still allows it to work.
    • Biggs' Coral Sword! This is his Glint; a classic six Earth hits + EnEarth stacking. No "Bigg"ie. (Pun intended)
    • Tyro's Keeper's Cap. The first dupe; the LMR that grants him two turns of IC. You know, for when you have to drop the Godwall. (Which I still lack, BTW).

2nd Pull
    • Dr. Mog's Mythril Staff. Yep, a dupe.
    • Elarra's Guise! This is her Burst, which grants Last Stand on entry. Command 1 boosts her Mind and grants QC, which is great when you want to spam her Command 2 for Medicas.

Free Pull!
    • Wedge's Main Gauche! This is his Ultra, which emphasizes his hybrid nature. It's very similar to Vayne's USB, based off Attack or Magic, but also boosts his Attack OR Magic alongside Defense, grants EnWind, and gives a chaser that deals Wind damage if you use Wind abilities. Just so you know, this means Tornado for BLK, Ripping Blast for Celerity or Dash And Slash for Thief.

And finally, the Ice Lucky Draw. The chains here are outdated, but...I miss those, and there's very few dupes in here, so it's a fair choice, no?

2/11, no Disco, and one dupe. Feeling deja vu on this one.
    Spoiler: Ice Lucky
    Show
    • Squall's Lion Gloves! ...x2. Yep, once again, getting a dupe on the SAME Banner. This is another of his LMRs; while his Jacket gives him EnFire, this grants him...EnIce. Which is more effective at this moment, focused on Ice damage. Much like Terra, he's uniquely equipped for Ice damage, with Snowspell Strike, but no Awakening or Glint.

And, just to finish: I beat Kefka. And that's saying it nicely.
    Spoiler: Party Compo
    Show
    Fire Goddess Terra, lv. 99; Blood Sword Artifact, Terra's Gloves, Frostbolt Shard; Chain Firaja R4, Wrath R5; LMR1, LMR2, Knight's Charge RM
    Best Gogo, lv. 99; Blood Sword (non-Artifact, 8*), Astrakhan Hat, Gigas Armlet; Metldown R4, Protectga R3; LM1, DMT
    Thief Treasure Hunter Locke, lv. 99; Orichalcum (VI), Irvine's Guise, Gigas Armlet; Heat Bite R3, Mug Bloodlust R5, LM2, LM1, Ace Striker RM
    Mog (not the Doctor or the Eidolon), lv. 99; Mog's Timpani, Keeper's Frock Coat, Lucky Dice; Multi Break R4, Enfeebling Jitterbug R4; LM2, LM1, Battleforged RM
    Catgirl Priestess Y'shtola, lv. 99; Seraphim Mace (7*), Carmagnole (7*), Necrophobe Ward; Curaga R5, Shellga R3; LM2, LMR; MM
    RW: Sentinel's Tome (Dr. Mog)
    Magicite: Enkidu lv. 99; Dullahan lv. 99, Krysta lv. 99, Isgebind lv. 99, Sylph lv. 99

As I said, "beat Kefka" is saying it nicely. At first, I had some issues, but eventually, I chose to do the thing I should have done at the beginning - focus fire. Literally. First turn, Locke fired the RW, while Terra used Wrath, Gogo used his USB (which is both IC and provides an ATK/MAG/RES boost alongside Hastega), Mog used Multi Break, and Y'sh...waited. Waited, of course, because Kefka opens battle with Heartless Angel, which causes all your allies to immediately go into 1 HP. This triggered Locke's Trance, but most importantly, it requires an IC Medica. Y'sh's Brave USB Medica also grants QC, which is superb; after using Shellga, she had a full power Brave command that grants Last Stand. From there, it's basically building SB gauge.

Then, Kefka became my b***h. First, Locke fires his Chain, while Terra fires her Glint and Gogo recharges his USB. Then, Terra fires her first USB (Omen), while Locke fires his OWN USB (the one that Imperils Fire), while Gogo fires up Meltdown. Finally, Terra goes Ultra Instinct on Kefka, using her Awakening. With Chain, two stacks of EnFire, max +Fire potency from items, and a nice Chain stack, Terra was maxing damage. How badly? Well, Terra took Kefka, her most hated foe, somewhere from 75% of its HP to 0 in three turns. THREE. Possibly TWO. I mean, dealing 100k per casting of Chain Firaja is brutal, but doublecasting and triplecasting just took damage so quickly, I jumped phases and never truly allowed Kefka to use Vengeance (mass Dispel) or even fire his Divine Forsaken move.

So yeah. Focused Fire. Bae prepared herself for this sole moment, and she performed absurdly well.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

14. - Top - End - #674

Grats Oskar! I’m glad you got your waifu’s AASB.

I enjoyed the read of your party composition. I never stated mine.

Tidus with USB and AASB, Bartz with USB1 and AASB, Rikku with USB1 and CSB, Tyro with Godwall and Enthrusting, Elarra with USB.

I actually tried my reverse wall Fire team first. Couldn’t quite beat him. My Water team stomped him though.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

15. - Top - End - #675

BardGuy

Weekend was more up and down than I would have liked. The daily has been generous but it's more "bottom of the list / element boost armor" than face smashing goodness.

16. - Top - End - #676

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    Weekend was more up and down than I would have liked. The daily has been generous but it's more "bottom of the list / element boost armor" than face smashing goodness.
    Eh well, at least elemental boost armor is nice. I haven’t gotten anything notable from the daily draw.

I realized something a while ago. The only non-humanoid character we have is Red XIII (and Echo if she counts, and maybe Cait Sith). A ton of non-humans, but pretty much everyone is humanoid. We got Rubicante and Barbie, why not the turtle? Or Mr Typhon? Or Ultros? Et cetera.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

MVP Email Highlights:

Spring Hunt Login:
    Duration: 5:00 AM 4/17 PST (1:00 AM 4/18 UTC) - 4:59 PM 5/1 PST (12:59 AM 5/2 UTC)

Day 1: 1 Soul of a Hero, 1 Memory Crystal Lode, 1 Memory Crystal II Lode
    Day 2: 10 Major Growth Eggs
    Day 3: 10 Major Growth Eggs
    Day 4: 1 Memory Crystal III Lode
    Day 5: 10 Major Growth Eggs
    Day 6: 10 Major Growth Eggs
    Day 7: 10 Major Growth Eggs
    Day 8: 5 Mythril

Realm Relic Draws Update At 5:00 AM 4/24 PST (1:00 PM 4/24 UTC)

Some type of Lucky Draw: Duration: 5:00 AM 4/24 PST (1:00 PM 4/24 UTC) - 4:59 PM 5/4 PST (12:59 AM 5/5 UTC)

Lengthy Login Bonus:
    The Lengthy Login Bonus returns, giving you a chance to get 1 Mythril a day for up to 30 days!
    Lengthy Login Bonus Duration:
    5:00 PM 5/8 PST (1:00 AM 5/9 UTC) - 4:59 PM 7/2 PST (12:59 AM 7/3 UTC)
    * Login periods change at 5:00 AM PST (1:00 PM UTC) each day.

FFVI Event on the 18th

FFII Event on the 25th

Steam Profile

18. - Top - End - #678

BardGuy

Depending on how my afternoon appointment goes may run out of time on some stuff, but I did make some improvement on torments.

V: mostly due to Galuf, although Krile's brave helped with damage towards the end.
    XIII: a somewhat stronger Lightning, and Sazh staying upright to hit on some offering/snipes
    T0: Deuce was able to keep everybody alive long enough for 50% but everybody pretty much needs more and/or I need relics for Cinque.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Titan in the Playground

I've been working on Torments, too!

I've been able to get 11 of the d240 ones to at least 50%, which is great. Of those, I've actually managed to take down a several, even one or two sub30, which is fantastic. I also managed to successfully dip my toe into a couple of d280s, but I'm nowhere near ready to actually beat them.

Awakenings are absolutely game-breaking in this regard. I only have Terra's, but she basically solo'd the VI Torment. Her Meltdown dealt 19999 damage per hit, four hits, double cast. Cleared it in just under 19 seconds.

Only problem is that this now, at last, leaves me with the question of how to spend my rubies. On the one hand, I could grab the alternative to SSS or Meltdown, give some lucky bugger maximum elemental coverage. On the other, I could overspecialize - Terra's still my only Awakening, and giving her Chain Firaja would just end things.

Plus side, though? I had forgotten that the d240s give mythril. So it's time to cash in on that.

Speaking of, don't give into the temptation of Realm Draws just yet! Yes, they're going to refresh soon, but they'll be around for another six months before they refresh again - there's plenty of time to indulge. Save for Summer Fest!
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

20. - Top - End - #680

I've been working on Torments, too!

I've been able to get 11 of the d240 ones to at least 50%, which is great. Of those, I've actually managed to take down a several, even one or two sub30, which is fantastic. I also managed to successfully dip my toe into a couple of d280s, but I'm nowhere near ready to actually beat them.

Awakenings are absolutely game-breaking in this regard. I only have Terra's, but she basically solo'd the VI Torment. Her Meltdown dealt 19999 damage per hit, four hits, double cast. Cleared it in just under 19 seconds.

Only problem is that this now, at last, leaves me with the question of how to spend my rubies. On the one hand, I could grab the alternative to SSS or Meltdown, give some lucky bugger maximum elemental coverage. On the other, I could overspecialize - Terra's still my only Awakening, and giving her Chain Firaja would just end things.

Plus side, though? I had forgotten that the d240s give mythril. So it's time to cash in on that.

Speaking of, don't give into the temptation of Realm Draws just yet! Yes, they're going to refresh soon, but they'll be around for another six months before they refresh again - there's plenty of time to indulge. Save for Summer Fest!
    Grats! I still have the III and XI d240s to sub 30. Might do that tonight.

I’d say go for Voltech and the SSS variants. They helped me tremendously. Even if you get the 5 hit single element stuff, you can still use the 4 hit multi element. Plus you get that little extra SB generation from using a 6* ability.

So far I have Healing Smite, the multielement stuff, and Inferno Assault. Going for the Water Sharpshooter ability next, since I have Tidus AASB. Then maybe Chain Firaja because I have Terra AASB, but my mage meta is just so bad.

Oh, and I absolutely will be getting all the realm draws the day they get refreshed :)
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

21. - Top - End - #681
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    I’d say go for Voltech and the SSS variants. They helped me tremendously. Even if you get the 5 hit single element stuff, you can still use the 4 hit multi element. Plus you get that little extra SB generation from using a 6* ability.
    I decided on Vortex. (I refuse to call it Voltech.) So far, I actually haven't used it much. I brought it to the VIII Torment, but I think I need to tweak my strategy for that one just a bit more.

That said, with all the work I've done on Torments, I've accumulated a nice pile of 5-star motes, so I've invested in some W-Cast Legend Dives. Several healers made the cut, as did Kuja, who is now dominating Mist Dragon Magicite - I finally managed to sub30 it. Still not ready for 4-star Magicites yet, but I'm getting much closer, I think, to building solid Magicite decks in preparation.

Also, on a whim, I did a 1-pull on the current VI banner, and managed to nab Cyan's USB. The new one, with En-Fire, +ATK/DEF, and W-Cast SAM. It probably won't supplant Celes, and it definitely doesn't come close to Terra, but it's at least something. I really do need to keep saving for Fest, though.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

On the topic of Torments, I beat the V 240/280, and took Terra's AASB for a spin on the VI. Didn't manage a sub30 on V but killed him, and got to 80% on the VI 280.

Gave me enough rubies for 2 abilites. Decided on the 5 hit earth spellblade, and the 4 hit lightning/water since Ixion and Maralith were the 2 magicites I had left.

So armed with a shiny new earth CSB and shiny new ability: Ixion down in 20s!

Just leaves Maralith, holy, and dark. Going to wait til realm renewal draws and see if the X draw will grace me with a csb before I try Maralith though.

Steam Profile

23. - Top - End - #683

I decided on Vortex. (I refuse to call it Voltech.) So far, I actually haven't used it much. I brought it to the VIII Torment, but I think I need to tweak my strategy for that one just a bit more.

That said, with all the work I've done on Torments, I've accumulated a nice pile of 5-star motes, so I've invested in some W-Cast Legend Dives. Several healers made the cut, as did Kuja, who is now dominating Mist Dragon Magicite - I finally managed to sub30 it. Still not ready for 4-star Magicites yet, but I'm getting much closer, I think, to building solid Magicite decks in preparation.

Also, on a whim, I did a 1-pull on the current VI banner, and managed to nab Cyan's USB. The new one, with En-Fire, +ATK/DEF, and W-Cast SAM. It probably won't supplant Celes, and it definitely doesn't come close to Terra, but it's at least something. I really do need to keep saving for Fest, though.
    Nice progress! And uhh, not a terrible pull :P

Yeah man, dives make a huge difference. That saucy double cast for some people. And everyone benefits from all that hp. Combine it with crystal water, survivability skyrockets.
    On the topic of Torments, I beat the V 240/280, and took Terra's AASB for a spin on the VI. Didn't manage a sub30 on V but killed him, and got to 80% on the VI 280.

Gave me enough rubies for 2 abilites. Decided on the 5 hit earth spellblade, and the 4 hit lightning/water since Ixion and Maralith were the 2 magicites I had left.

So armed with a shiny new earth CSB and shiny new ability: Ixion down in 20s!

Just leaves Maralith, holy, and dark. Going to wait til realm renewal draws and see if the X draw will grace me with a csb before I try Maralith though.
    Nice! Yeah I found Ixion not bad. Just needed some blinks.

And Marilith was actually the first 4* I beat. Did have Rikku’s chain though. Siren I also found not bad, but Seifer chain. Hades I found dreadful dreadful dreadful. No chain.

But ya know, I somt think it’s really the chain that makes the difference. Marilith does pretty poor dps with the proper mitigation. Siren, I have a solid Dark team even without chain. Hades though, spamming AoE nasty status effects on top of being tanky, yeah he’s a pain.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

Nice! Yeah I found Ixion not bad. Just needed some blinks.

And Marilith was actually the first 4* I beat. Did have Rikku’s chain though. Siren I also found not bad, but Seifer chain. Hades I found dreadful dreadful dreadful. No chain.
    Ok so I did go ahead and try Maralith. It was sloppy, but did manage a kill at 42 seconds unlocking holy/dark.

First try at Hades, got him to about 50% without any real holy deck to boost damage(one whole lvl 8 holy boost). Agrias died early, and then statuses got me. Will have to come back later, but looks like I have the damage, it's mitigation that needs work.

Siren on the other hand... I have no dark CSB, and damage options are Cloud with EnDark BSB/USB1/Dark AOSB, Riku with EnDark BSB/AOSB, or Raines with BSB/AOSB.

Whole lot of Dark AOSBs, not much to back them up
    Last edited by Antonok; 2019-04-21 at 02:47 PM.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Titan in the Playground

So, this morning I got Godwall out of the Daily. Which is awesome, so stop right there.

But generally, if I get lucky in the Daily, I take it as my cue to try the next banner that evening. Which I did, new VI banner dropped tonight. Only a 1-pull, because I'm not completely nuts.

Point is, now I also have Locke's CSB. On the one hand, awesome, because Locke relic. On the other, disappointing, because it's a 99-chain and I have Greg's 150-chain for Fire. But on the other hand, whereas Greg's chain is +ATK for the party, Locke's is -DEF/RES for the enemy, which is honestly valuable for PHY and MAG. Especially for MAG. Because Terra's in the party.

Calling today a big win. Now to grind the event.

26. - Top - End - #686

Ok so I did go ahead and try Maralith. It was sloppy, but did manage a kill at 42 seconds unlocking holy/dark.

First try at Hades, got him to about 50% without any real holy deck to boost damage(one whole lvl 8 holy boost). Agrias died early, and then statuses got me. Will have to come back later, but looks like I have the damage, it's mitigation that needs work.

Siren on the other hand... I have no dark CSB, and damage options are Cloud with EnDark BSB/USB1/Dark AOSB, Riku with EnDark BSB/AOSB, or Raines with BSB/AOSB.

Whole lot of Dark AOSBs, not much to back them up
    Grats on the victory!

Huh. I have no idea about Cloud and Riku dark. Well actually, for Cloud, going EnDark->USB1->AOSB should be some pretty absurd damage. Similar but not quite as much for Riku EnDark->AOSB. 2 Support, seems like you could beat Siren no problem.
    So, this morning I got Godwall out of the Daily. Which is awesome, so stop right there.

But generally, if I get lucky in the Daily, I take it as my cue to try the next banner that evening. Which I did, new VI banner dropped tonight. Only a 1-pull, because I'm not completely nuts.

Point is, now I also have Locke's CSB. On the one hand, awesome, because Locke relic. On the other, disappointing, because it's a 99-chain and I have Greg's 150-chain for Fire. But on the other hand, whereas Greg's chain is +ATK for the party, Locke's is -DEF/RES for the enemy, which is honestly valuable for PHY and MAG. Especially for MAG. Because Terra's in the party.

Calling today a big win. Now to grind the event.
    Daaaaaaang. 2 saucy relics off 2 1-pulls. Definite win.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

27. - Top - End - #687
    Titan in the Playground

Daaaaaaang. 2 saucy relics off 2 1-pulls. Definite win.
    And my streak apparently continues. Today's Daily gave me Quina's LMR (reduced delay 3). Not that it's particularly useful - the only SB I have for Quina to open combat is its SSB, with AoE damage and Boostga - but at least it's a relic.

It is not, however, enough to make me willing to blow another 5 mythril.

28. - Top - End - #688

And my streak apparently continues. Today's Daily gave me Quina's LMR (reduced delay 3). Not that it's particularly useful - the only SB I have for Quina to open combat is its SSB, with AoE damage and Boostga - but at least it's a relic.

It is not, however, enough to make me willing to blow another 5 mythril.
    That type of LMR is the best imo. May benefit you greatly some day.

Depending on relics, sometimes EnElement is nice. Usually the LM from dives are better though (like the higher probability of double cast, or better versions of trance).
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

29. - Top - End - #689
    Titan in the Playground

Update, folks! Realm Draws have been refreshed, so that's neat. Also, we have a healer banner, first pull is LD! How strange, for once an LD on which I am absolutely not tempted to pull. (I have almost all of the USBs and several of the BSBs.)

Also, apparently we got a bunch of retroactive rewards, which is nice. Oh, and Mote Dungeons now have a 3-star Mote option, which is... I mean, it's great for a lot of players, but I've actually finished with 3-star Motes, so this doesn't actually do anything for me except give me a stamina sink, so...

In any event, we also have some mechanics updates - we can now Auto-Ability and/or Auto-SB in combat, which is awesome for farming. That's pretty great.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, and Mote Dungeons now have a 3-star Mote option, which is... I mean, it's great for a lot of players, but I've actually finished with 3-star Motes, so this doesn't actually do anything for me except give me a stamina sink, so...
    The 3* might not be anything great outside the mithril, but remember this update also tripled the amount of 4* motes you get for a sub 30. Very nice for the vitality bottleneck.

As for the Realm Renewal, one important note on these: They included the AASBs from the fest into them so if you missed Tidus, Bartz, or Terra, you have a slim hope here.

For myself, I've done 2 draws so far:

FFX- 1/11

Auron USB2. Poor Auron. He's trying so hard to be on any team. At least it's new.

FFV - 3/11

Bartz Water BSB - Dupe.

Exdeath USB - This should go well with Raines on a magic dark team so I'll call it a win. Always need more mage items. Now if only I had a dark chain...

Lenna USB1 - Last Stand and barrier? Yes plz. Even if it's not IC, still better than nothing.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2019-04-24 at 10:07 AM.

Steam Profile