Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

My word. Took a couple months off from the game, and it looks like I've missed quite a bit. The Magia crystal stuff and the artifact weapons are brand new to me.

To be honest, this game frustrates the hell out of me, which is why I took a break. I've got some powerful folks who make mincemeat out of anything up to about difficulty 120 and can knuckle down to beat 140 (ultimate) without major problems often enough, but there's a line somewhere I just can't break through. I still have yet to unlock the materia system (still need to win half the nightmare dungeons), and I really don't see a reason to do the Record dungeons - nothing you do in there affects the rest of the game, and nothing in the rest of the game affects it. And now there's artifact gear. It's frustrating to have so much of the game still locked away from me and not be able to do anything about it.

For the record, here's my "sweep team", my default party until things get at all challenging:
    Spoiler: Sweep Team
    Show

Cloud - 11 Soul Breaks (including an arcane), 4 LM. Mastered Legendary Tree. Access to Demonsblood Samurai 6*.
    Terra - 7 Soul Breaks, 3 LM. Mastered Legendary Tree.
    Orlandeau - 3 Soul Breaks, 2 LM. Mastered Legendary Tree. Access to Snowspell Strike Spellblade 6*.
    Agrias - 6 Soul Breaks, 1 LM. Halfway through the Legendary Tree. Access to Aegis Strike Knight 6*.
    Noctis - 5 Soul Breaks (including an arcane), 2 LM. Halfway through the Legendary Tree. Access to Sky High Dragoon 6*.

Spoiler: Noteworthy SBs
    Show

Arcane SBs: Cloud, Noctis, Locke, Yuffie

Chain SBs: Warrior of Light (Holy), Zack (Wind), Krille (Fire), Prompto (Lightning)

Glint SBs: Cloud, Tidus, Sora, Celes, Terra
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    and I really don't see a reason to do the Record dungeons - nothing you do in there affects the rest of the game, and nothing in the rest of the game affects it.
    This isn't quite correct. Not only do Record Dungeons give a decent amount of stamina-less mithril, they also give waters which can ultimately be used to give characters up to +30 in each stat, which is not insignificant. Especially HP wise.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

My word. Took a couple months off from the game, and it looks like I've missed quite a bit. The Magia crystal stuff and the artifact weapons are brand new to me.
    Short version: Magia Crystals are just a reward for using the same characters over and over - each time you use characters, they earn points toward Magia Crystals, which can be used to augment stats or elemental damage/resist. It's just a nice bonus. And unlike Crystal Water, Magia Crystals can be reset and redistributed (albeit only periodically). Artifact Weapons are similarly a nice bonus - they're a bonus for all those extra relics you have that you never use. Instead of converting them to gold (which you probably no longer need), you can turn them into Rainbow Crystals which can be used to power up said Artifact Weapons. They're great if you simply can't get a good (insert relic type here) for (insert realm here) no matter how you try. That said, aside from the dagger you get for free, and the +MND T-0 dagger you can buy, it's not really worth grabbing any until the +element Artifacts drop.

To be honest, this game frustrates the hell out of me, which is why I took a break. I've got some powerful folks who make mincemeat out of anything up to about difficulty 120 and can knuckle down to beat 140 (ultimate) without major problems often enough, but there's a line somewhere I just can't break through. I still have yet to unlock the materia system (still need to win half the nightmare dungeons), and I really don't see a reason to do the Record dungeons - nothing you do in there affects the rest of the game, and nothing in the rest of the game affects it. And now there's artifact gear. It's frustrating to have so much of the game still locked away from me and not be able to do anything about it.
    Antonok covers why to do Record Dungeons - they cost no stamina, and reward you with mythril (always good) and Crystal Water (gives a character a permanent stat boost).

Yes, the harder parts of the game require you to clear Magicites. That means clearing Nightmares. Once you've cleared Nightmares, you get Magicites, which provide all sorts of party bonuses including a summon. (You'll love Enkidu. Instant-cast party heal is great.) Once you've got some Magicites under your belt, and have powered up some of the 6-star abilities you got from Nightmares and Motes, you can try out some Torment Dungeons to earn Rubies. With those Rubies, you can grab new 6-star abilities and take on more powerful Magicites. With those, you can take on harder Torments. And around we go.

It's hard, no question. I still haven't cleared a single 4-star Magicite. And my ability to handle Torments is limited. But there's always more to do, and a Fest coming up next month.

For the record, here's my "sweep team", my default party until things get at all challenging:
    Show

Cloud - 11 Soul Breaks (including an arcane), 4 LM. Mastered Legendary Tree. Access to Demonsblood Samurai 6*.
    Orlandeau - 3 Soul Breaks, 2 LM. Mastered Legendary Tree. Access to Snowspell Strike Spellblade 6*.
    Agrias - 6 Soul Breaks, 1 LM. Halfway through the Legendary Tree. Access to Aegis Strike Knight 6*.
    Noctis - 5 Soul Breaks (including an arcane), 2 LM. Halfway through the Legendary Tree. Access to Sky High Dragoon 6*.

Show

Chain SBs: Warrior of Light (Holy), Zack (Wind), Krille (Fire), Prompto (Lightning)

The current meta focuses on Chains, USBs, and the rare Awakening. Your Chains will be super helpful with Magicites, but you'll want to start looking out for exciting Ultras to grab.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    The current meta focuses on Chains, USBs, and the rare Awakening. Your Chains will be super helpful with Magicites, but you'll want to start looking out for exciting Ultras to grab.
    I've got a lot of ultras, enough that I felt like typing them up was tantamount to spamming. Are there any in particular I should be on the lookout for?
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

I've got a lot of ultras, enough that I felt like typing them up was tantamount to spamming. Are there any in particular I should be on the lookout for?
    EnElement with a chase or ability double are the best to use with chains. Imperils have made a comeback in regards to the hardest content. Any instant cast healer with Last Stand is great, doubly so if it's Aerith's USB2*, Elarra, or Rosa USB2 since they also give quick cast to the party (*Aerith only works with physical teams). And then any support USB like Onion Knight's magic or physical USBs, Tyro's USB3 (crit fix).

Honestly, it'd be easier for you to list what you have but that should give you a general idea.

Also should note that LMR relics are fairly important now too (double cast, enelement start mostly, tho things like tyro or OK LMRs are notable too).

As a side note, the realm dungeons have been updated to a very recent pool so at 15 mithril for the first pull, I'd recommend giving them a shot for missing chains or even an Awakening (Bartz, Terra, and Tidus have awakenings in the pool)

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    EnElement with a chase or ability double are the best to use with chains. Imperils have made a comeback in regards to the hardest content. Any instant cast healer with Last Stand is great, doubly so if it's Aerith's USB2*, Elarra, or Rosa USB2 since they also give quick cast to the party (*Aerith only works with physical teams). And then any support USB like Onion Knight's magic or physical USBs, Tyro's USB3 (crit fix).
    All of this. In a damaging USB, you want one or more of several features:
    • Imperil/En-Element. The former is a force multiplier for the whole team, and awesome, but the latter is also excellent.
    • Ability Double/W-Cast/Chaser. W-Cast is a chance to use an ability twice. Ability Double is a guaranteed W-Cast, at the cost of two ability hones instead of one. Chasers are bonuses that follow your damaging attacks. You definitely want one of these on your USBs, as they literally multiply your damage output.
    • Brave. Brave USBs are a special type of USB. Basically, they put you in Brave Mode, which replaces your Attack command with a Bravery command. When you use the required ability type, the rank of your Brave command increases (from 0 to 3), resulting in bonus damage, usually Overflow damage, or other effects. For example, Terra's Bravery ability grows in rank when you use BLM; every rank after Rank 1 constitutes Overflow damage. With the right buffs to let you consistently break the damage cap, a Brave USB lets you deal OSB-level damage every other turn.

With healing USBs, on the other hand, you want one of several of the following:
    • 0CT. Instant-casting is priceless. There are some good healing USBs that take time, but they are few.
    • Medica. There are some healer USBs that are just buff suites. For example, Vanille's Convalescence gives ProShellga, Astra, and HP Stock. But generally, you want a heal button that heals.
    • Hastega. It never hurts.
    • Action efficiency options. Three of the most popular healing USBs belong to Elarra, Relm, and Aerith. Elarra's Magicka Album reduces the delay of all party actions, making cast times faster, for two turns. Aerith's Innocent Cure reduces the delay of all PHY party actions for three turns - it's useless to a caster party, but for a PHY party it's better than Elarra's. And Relm's Divine Portrait makes everyone's next action 0CT, but only for one turn - timing is precise, but this is invaluable. All three enable the party to act sooner.
    • Astra/Stoneskin 30%. The former blocks most debuffs. The latter blocks damage. These are two extraordinarily valuable preventive measures, if you can grab them.
    • Last Stand. It's so much better than Reraise. Never use Reraise.

And as Antonok says, supportive USBs pretty much just call for Hastega and Boostga/Faithga components. Everything beyond that is icing.

Honestly, it'd be easier for you to list what you have but that should give you a general idea.

Also should note that LMR relics are fairly important now too (double cast, enelement start mostly, tho things like tyro or OK LMRs are notable too).
    Very much this. A lot of LDs are simply unimpressive on their own. (Especially all the WHMs without a W-Cast LM.) But LMRs - whether W-Cast or 0CT starter or what-have-you - are really coming into prominence now.

As a side note, the realm dungeons have been updated to a very recent pool so at 15 mithril for the first pull, I'd recommend giving them a shot for missing chains or even an Awakening (Bartz, Terra, and Tidus have awakenings in the pool)
    So much this. If you aren't planning to save for Fest (which, again, comes next month), or you have enough for the pulls you want, definitely blow some mythril on the updated Realm Banners. Keep in mind that these refresh roughly every six months or so, so those discounted pulls will be back again later this year. Grab 'em now, grab 'em again later.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Firbolg in the Playground

Show

Show

Thoseíre some nice chains. I bet you can steamroll way higher than d140.

Also... looked at my toons this morning, still need 30 mc3s, and a couple weeks of shores of wisdom, then finally have everyone at 99.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

8. - Top - End - #728
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Although technically you can burn Souls of Heroes for them, the Record Dungeons also net you several characters. Elarra has already been mentioned, but Biggs, Wedge and Dr. Mog can be excellent "gap fillers". Also a relic for Tyro.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

MVP email out. Not going to list everything (there's quite a bit this time) but this one part in particular stood out:

Dream Relic Draws

Starting 5:00 PM 5/25 PST (1:00 AM 5/26 UTC), the following 5 Dream Relic Draws will open.

◆Dream Relic Draw -Chain Soul Break-
    ◆Dream Relic Draw -Ultra Soul Break-
    ◆Dream Relic Draw -Glint-
    ◆Dream Relic Draw -Burst Soul Break-
    ◆Dream Relic Draw -Legend Materia-

For the first time ever, a Dream Relic Draw for Chain Soul Breaks will be available! Don't miss this chance!

Dream Relic Draws are one-time-only draws that can be used with Gems only. After using one, you can choose a bonus relic from a special list of relics.
    These Dream Relic Draws last until 4:59 PM 6/7 PST (12:59 AM 6/8 UTC).

Steam Profile

10. - Top - End - #730

MVP email out. Not going to list everything (there's quite a bit this time) but this one part in particular stood out:
    There goes $30.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

11. - Top - End - #731
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Not doing much lately on the game, but slowly getting all the 15 mythril banners. Yesterday was unusually lucky: Got Golbez' Chain on the 15 mythril, and then got Alphinaud's Chain on Daily LD. Also grabbed Bartz's Glint and his Earth BSB, meaning I got him all 4 BSBs, his OSB and Arcane.

I also have experimented with Steiner's Realm Chain. It's working as a passable substitute for physical wind or electric chain, ok for fire and Holy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

12. - Top - End - #732

Quote Originally Posted by Slayn82 View Post
    Not doing much lately on the game, but slowly getting all the 15 mythril banners. Yesterday was unusually lucky: Got Golbez' Chain on the 15 mythril, and then got Alphinaud's Chain on Daily LD. Also grabbed Bartz's Glint and his Earth BSB, meaning I got him all 4 BSBs, his OSB and Arcane.

I also have experimented with Steiner's Realm Chain. It's working as a passable substitute for physical wind or electric chain, ok for fire and Holy.
    Nice! Wow that is some luck.

Iím up to 3 5* magicites beaten. Could prob beat a good few more, but I want to get decent decks as I go. In fact, the 3 I beat had good enough teams that I can auto them. Got tons of Phoenixes and Famfrits.

And I fell to the dark side. Auto farming magia. Well it messes up all the time so I have to keep checking it, but Iíve done a couple hundred Fabul Castle stages. Got my main dpsers a few magia.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ogre in the Playground

Today's daily draw has now put Auron to 'Character with the most SBs' spot with a new BSB. Thing is, I've not once pulled for Auron

He has:
    Unique: 1
    SSB: 1
    BSB: 2
    USB: 2
    AOSB: 1
    LMR: 2

Steam Profile

14. - Top - End - #734

Today's daily draw has now put Auron to 'Character with the most SBs' spot with a new BSB. Thing is, I've not once pulled for Auron

He has:
    Unique: 1
    SSB: 1
    BSB: 2
    USB: 2
    AOSB: 1
    LMR: 2
    Nice!

I wish there were a way to sort by mastered relics. Pretty sure my Bartz is my most complete. Pretty sure.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-05-24 at 12:00 PM.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Troll in the Playground

Haven't logged on a while. Mostly because I've felt a bit disappointed with the Realm Draws. And...most draws, really.

For starters, the Realm Draws.
    Spoiler: Realm Draws
    Show
    Not sure if I mentioned this before, but I made a pull in the FFT Realm Banner before they were reset. This is probably the best pull on the Banners so far, even if it's two LMRs.

• Ramza's Brigandine! Oh, yeah! This isn't your typical Haste + ICX, where X represents uses of IC; this is Full ATB + IC1. This means he'll ALWAYS go first, and ALWAYS act first. When you have Shout, or Battle Cry, or his Holy Chain Gen 2, that means you can start kicking bums or get a buff in less than .20 seconds. Heck, on the FFT realms, where there's a lot of discussion, you can fire up the SB WHILE the dialogue kicks in. This is probably the best LMR ever!
    • Ovelia's Celebrant's Miter! This is her W-Cast LMR. Pretty sure I don't have to explain why it's good.

So yeah: I mentioned that this was my best Realm Banner pull...since afterwards, I've made a few Banner Pulls, and they weren't that awesome.

XII Banner wasn't that bad, tho.
    • Fran's Helm! This is her LMR, which gives you QC3 at the start of battle. This has worked very, VERY well against Tiamat, as I can fire up both breaks at the start of battle, and once Tiamat is neutralized, I can fire up her USB, which is Imperil Ice. Since I only use her with Tiamat, though...
    • Fran's Perseus Bow! This is her...BSB1. Since I have her BSB2, which is essentially identical except one's a Hyper Break and the other has an element, it's badly redundant.
    • Vayne's Glove! This is his BSB, which has his concept of being both a Physical and Magical character. Both abilities, though, have something nice - they're a dark version of Fires Within/Earthen Rebuke, where you hit the enemy and recover. Works wonders with his USB Chaser, since they're Dark elemental.

Then, I made a pull in III Banner, which was...bad. 3/11, and it has ONE DISCO!! Sadly, the Disco was a dupe, as well as one of the Rainbows.
    • Ingus' Aegis Shield. This is his BSB1, but it's a dupe...for which I sacrificed one of my Acolyte's Archives choices. Haven't used it much either.
    • Cloud of Darkness' Brooding Armguard. This is its EnDark LMR. As with every EnDark, it doesn't find that much worth for me, unless I can exploit 6* skills alongside a Chain or solid buff.
    • Arc's Seraphim Mace. This is the Disco dupe. Do note that, with this, I have a 9* staff with +Holy. Still doesn't make it so great.

Then, FFV Banner. This...was also relatively good.
    • Bartz' Great Sword! This is his Earth BSB, so I'm only at one relic to get all four elemental BSBs. That said, it's decent if you can get enough charge to use it and THEN use his Awakening.
    • Kelger's Blade! This is one I really wanted. Entry deals Earth and Wind damage, gratns Mirror Image 1, but most importantly, it offers an Earth/Wind chaser that fires off Ninja skills. Which is wonderful with Desert Mirage, because you can, with Mirror Image at 2 stacks, you can deal over 15 hits with those two moves. This is obsessively good with a proper Chain, specifically a Gen 2 Chain.

I did mention that my Realm Draws were bad, right? So far, it doesn't seem so bad, no? Well...let's show why I say it's so bad. IV Banner, where I've always wanted Paladin Cecil's PallyWall, and I get...
    • Dark Knight Cecil's Demon Shield. This is his LMR, which I already have. I didn't get anything else. *sigh*

And then, I pulled on VI banner. 2 Rainbows, and BOTH were dupes.
    • Edgar's Genji Shield. T-Cast Machinist abilities. Already have, already mastered.
    • Terra's Stardust Rod. Yes. Stardust Rod. This is her BSB1, which was essentially the first relic I got for her. Disappointment: absolute.

Then, the pull on X Banner. Two Rainbows, and BOTH were dupes.
    • Tidus' Wizard Blade. This is his Glint. I *sold* his weapon once I mastered his Glint.
    • Tidus' Razzmatazz. BSB1. Same thing as Wizard Blade. I'm dead serious.

Noticed how absurdly horrible those pulls were?

That said, I've gotten some odd pulls from the Daily Draws.
    Spoiler: Daily Draw pulls
    Show

• Refia's Cat-Ear Hood! This is her EnFire LMR, which is useful...if you can exploit it. Refia is already way far behind physical Fire attackers, like Gilgamesh, or Locke, or Balthier...or even Bartz with his Awakening..
    • Ace's Flame Armlet! This is his EnFire LMR...wait, what!? Not only it's from a realm I don't like, or a character I use, but it's basically the same as Refia's Cat-Ear Hood?
    • King's Platinum Gloves! EnLightning LMR. *sigh*
    • Rydia's Dragon Whisker! This is her...SB. Yeah, a "unique" SB. It's fairly decent, but nothing to write about: two AoE Holy attacks + Mirror Image 2. Old but relatively decent.
    • Yuffie's Magic Shuriken! This is her BSB, which adds EnWater in combination with two relatively decent Burst Commands. The second, of course, being essentially a Water elemental Mug Bloodlust. Since she has W-Cast Ninja moves, this means she can enter Team Water!
    • Gilgamesh's Guise. The only Disco so far, and...it's a dupe. Not a bad dupe, but it's still a dupe. Anima Lenses when!?

Surely with that, you'd think I'd save for the next fest, right? Well...I had to spend on two VERY GOOD Banners! The results? Mixed!
    Spoiler: Actual Banners!
    Show
    First, let's start with the recent Banner 1 for FFV! No chance of dupes, chance for Wind Chain (which I lack), and it has Lenna's USB, which has Regenga and both BarIce and BarWater! What do I get? 1/11, and no Discos...

• Krile's Minerva Bustier! Odd - a girl, barely a teen, wearing a bustier? What are the odds? Anyways, this is her EnEarth LMR. Meaning, she could work well with Team Earth, but most importantly, between Dorgaan, Galuf AND Bartz, Team V is officially strongly Earth-focused, with a minor in Fire (Krile deals with Fire, Galuf deals with Fire, and Bartz deals with Fire), which is great with the Fire/Earth moves (Meltdown, Blastspell Strike)

Then, FFT Banner 1. AKA, the THUNDER GOD AWAKENING!!! No dupes, and a ton of good stuff, right? What do I get? 2/11, and BOTH ARE DISCOS!! Did I got the third Awakening, and the one that'd make Orlandeau even more broken than he already is?

...Well, no. But I got this!
    • Ramza's Vigilante! This is his EnHoly USB, which also gives him a Chaser if he uses Holy abilities. Meaning...he has to use his Knight skills, or....hey, how about using his BSB, right? But, isn't Ramza a supporter? That said...he also gets QC1 when using Holy skills, which means...
    • Ovelia's Staff of Blessings! ...I stopped there, because Ovelia's USB, besides being an IC healing USB, which gives her QC2! Between Marche's USB, Ramza's USB and Ovelia's USB, Team Tactics is also Team Speed-Up! Oh, and...IC Healing. Did I mention that she also gets a DAMAGE Chaser when using WHM abiliites? How about firing off her USB close to her BSB, and then use Burst Command 1? As I said, Team Speed-Up.Speed

Last one wasn't so bad, even though I didn't get Orlandeau's Awakening. (I mean, Thunder God Mode + 100% Crit chance + W-Cast Knight AND Darkness abilities while doing Infinite Cast? AND BREAK DAMAGE CAP 1!? You can figure I was a bit miffed not to get it.

I'll repeat what I said before; I was miffed not to get Orlandeau's Awakening, because I achieved two very important things thanks to them.

The first? Got Ixion close to sub-20. Current score is 20.12s.

The second? I beat a D??? Torment! Of course, that is the FFVI Torment, and the achievement was made by having Terra go full Fire Goddess mode and firing Chain Firajas like there's no tomorrow. No sub-30 on it, but having beaten it is achievement enough.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Haven't logged on a while. Mostly because I've felt a bit disappointed with the Realm Draws. And...most draws, really.
    I haven't even been keeping track of most of my Realm Draws, simply because most have dropped only one relic, some have been stat-sticks, several have been dupes, and few have amazed. No Awakenings, obviously, or else I'd be over here screaming about it. So, yeah, feel ya.

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    The second? I beat a D??? Torment! Of course, that is the FFVI Torment, and the achievement was made by having Terra go full Fire Goddess mode and firing Chain Firajas like there's no tomorrow. No sub-30 on it, but having beaten it is achievement enough.
    This, though? This is amazing. Awakening or not (and obviously Awakening, because how else), that's an accomplishment. Actually beating a D$$$ Torment is fantastic, major grats.

17. - Top - End - #737

Grats Oskar! Nice. I havenít attempted any of the final Torments. I could maybe beat VII and X. Maybe.

Been busy with 5* magicites though. 3 down, too many to go.

EDIT: What're people doing with their mythril? Well, I see some recent pulls, but everyone else?

I'm hoarding for summer fest. However, looking past that, we'll be getting a good few banners with like 3 Awakenings + Chain, or 2 Awakenings + 2 Chains, things like that. Think I might not go all out on summer fest.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-05-29 at 09:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

18. - Top - End - #738
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I haven't even been keeping track of most of my Realm Draws, simply because most have dropped only one relic, some have been stat-sticks, several have been dupes, and few have amazed. No Awakenings, obviously, or else I'd be over here screaming about it. So, yeah, feel ya.
    I mostly keep track because I share my pulls with a friend, good or bad. Between that, screenshots, and having the relics ordered from Latest to First means I can figure out when I made the pull, and what I pulled. The specific order, though?? That's harder.

However, I feel this time the Realm Draws haven't been that good. I was really bummed by that Banner 1 draw from FFV, because it had a TON of good stuff, and the only thing I get is a LMR. Sure, I was aiming for one thing above the others (Lenna's USB, with Regenga, but also with BarWater and BarIce, because that means I can use her for those Magicite battles), but everything there was good. Having no dupes on that Banner makes it harder.

FFT Banner pull, on the other hand, is hit and miss. For one, I missed the goal (Orlandeau's Awakening, which would have been pure venom on Cuchulainn as it'd had meant spamming Healing Smite to no end), but I got two nice things (Ramza's and Ovelia's USB, one being IC and both having Chasers). I feel that the ONLY thing I can really get that'd give me the edge is Orlandeau's Awakening, because then I'd have a way to increase that Chain ASAP. Fired at the right moment (generally when Cuchulainn uses Incubus Unholy Darkness), Orlandeau can keep everyone patched for Ovelia to heal (using her USB, or her Burst Command 2 alongide her USB Chaser), and with the Chain active, actually do far more damage than intended. Also: it'd cement Orlandeau in the Main Team, because Break Damage Limit 1.

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Grats Oskar! Nice. I havenít attempted any of the final Torments. I could maybe beat VII and X. Maybe.

Been busy with 5* magicites though. 3 down, too many to go.
    I feel that victory with Wrexsoul was more due to how Terra is stacked than anything. It's hit or miss - if either Mog or Relm die, things get grim. Gogo doesn't really matter (he's there for the ATK/MAG + Hastega buff, firing off Protectga, and then fill up the Realm Chain by Mimic T-Casting Chain Firaja), and Locke, who's generally in the middle, will die because of Doom, so it's alright as long as I get healers.

That said, I still say that you need 5* Magicite decks for D??? Torments. For one, they offer huge damage boosts as a base (20% Elemental damage), followed by superb benefits (mostly Precise Strikes, Deadly Strikes, Blade Ward and Spell Ward, and Fast Act) at the best currently possible levels. You'll generally rely on a few specifics (Enkidu for IC Medica + Esuna, Unicorn for High Regen + Astra, Sylph for Medica + 8 hits worth of damage, and eventually Lakshmi) so the Main doesn't really matter much, but the Subs should definitely be 5* or higher to have a proper buffer. Of course, the right relics and stats matter.

Again: FFVI was mostly pushing it, and I can't get over 67% damage on D??? Cuchulainn despite the two new relics and having the best possible team (Ramza for buffing/debuffing, Agrias for Imperil, Orlandeau as damage dealer, Marche for QC to the entire party, and Alma or Ovelia for healing). I have all but Ovelia fully dived (I might get to dive Ovelia, but that LM2 is...bland), and I've spent Crystal Waters and Magia on them, so the only limiting factor is Magicites. (Mostly, because I got only one 3* Holy Magicite on the deck, whereas I should have at least two.) The other Torments I've tried are FFVIII (not very good IMO, though Quistis does well with her slot-saver Mighty Guard) and FFV (even with Bartz' Awakening and a definite focus on Fire I can exploit now because of, ironically, Krile's LMR, Gilgamesh is definitely a pain). Haven't really tried the rest, though I might adventure with FFVII thanks in no part to the double whammy of W-Cast and mini-Medica chances with Aerith, as well as Vincent's BSB (for Radiant Shield), Cait Sith and/or Red XIII (both buffers and debuffers, with one serving as a secondary healer and the other as a major buffer) and major Wind focus (hence, Sylph as Main), but I don't have a lot of trust on it. The rest...

• FFI: A bit jumbled, with WoL focusing on Holy while Garland focuses on Dark. No unifying element. On the other hand, Sarah has a superb slot saver and WoL has his Arcane.
    • FFII: A decent one, but again, no elemental focus. Gordon focuses on Fire, Firion and Minwu on Holy, Emperor and Leon on Dark. At least I have a good IC Medica, as well as MBlink and Last Stand on top of it.
    • FFIII: A great team with no real unifying focus. Luneth is Wind and failing a bit, Ingus is Earth and holds the only chain, Refia is Fire and remains strong mostly because of her recent LMR, Arc is Water/Holy. Onion Knight has to focus mostly on attack. That said, there's a decent strategy here: Arc has his Shellga SSB, and the party is heavily focused on Attack, so Onion Knight can use his pUSB and then exploit Earth with Ninja commands. Ingus *could* use his own chain, but he should really focus on his BSB2 for Earth Radiant Shield. From there, it's mostly focus on having Earth RS boost the chain damage, for Refia and Luneth to exploit with Fires Within/Jump and/or BSB Commands. I have faith in this one.
    • FFIV: Pally!Cecil and Spoony Bard have a good team going on, what with the latter having an Imperil Holy for Cecil to exploit. Rosa has two amazing heals (either MBlink + Bubble or Regenga + QC), and Ursula can cooperate early on with her SSB and EnEarth LMR for damage. That leaves middle slot to work with, which can have either Golbez (old reliable BSB, though Pally!Cecil has worked up his tanking capabilities) or FuSoYa (for even more Holy damage). Haven't tried him, though.
    • FFIX: Again, not a unified focus, but I got some great relics here, and a TON of buffs: Vivi with his free USB, pretty much all of Garnet's SBs). I could field two healers here (Garnet with her BSB, Eiko with her BSB), Beatrix (both BSBs, though the second one has a Lightning focus I could exploit), Zidane and Quina...or Freya. Former has a more reliable debuff option, latter has a Wind BSB I could couple with Zidane's USB. Could try soon enough.
    • FFX: Would be a rematch against Geosgaeno from the previous Tormetns, essentially - Tidus with his USB, Rikku with slot saver + Imperil Water, Auron focusing on Fire with his BSB2 and USB, or minor tanking with early SB + BSB1...and a free slot. That either goes for Wakka and debuffs, Lulu and magic damage, or Jecht and physical dark damage.
    • FFXI: While Aphmau is a great healer, and Lion a great debuffer, and Shantotto has her Chain...I feel I won't get a lot of mileage from this team. Curilla lacks any of her USBs (either the one that grants Radiant Shield and buffs, or the one that mimics Pally!Cecil's one), and while Prishe has her BSB, she's no real damage dealer.
    • FFXII: Curious, this one. Balthier is the premier Fire debuffer, but he'll be a bit alone. Ashe is an exceptional damage dealer with Lightning, and can sustain herself for quite long, but only one of the two. Vaan would be the main debuffer, and Larsa ideally the main healer (with his IC USB Medica). That leaves the fifth slot, which would be...Reks, mostly. Now, if it were Basch and his BSB + USB slot saver, that'd be awesome, but....I don't have him. Could do it, but I don't think I'll go too far.
    • FFXIII: Don't like this team very much, but Vanille has proven to be a reliable healer, Sazh a reliable debuffer, and Cid Raines has a lot of solid SBs (including his exceptional BSB). Snow has a redundant buff, however (with Sazh), and doesn't pull his punches real well, but he has the easier way to buff. The issue here is not having enough buffs (Cid Raines is the one that benefits the most from a triple MAG buff, but that's about it). And....I don't have a reliable 5th slot, other than...Fang, maybe? At least she's self-sufficient (her BSB adds Imperil Wind, which dives well into her OSB).
    • FFXIV: A very solid team, IMO, but too awkward. Y'sh is my default for healing, Minfilia brings another source of Last Stand alongside a buff, and Alphinaud has his old reliable Boostga/Faithga/Radiant Shield SSB, but the party is basically split in half. Alphinaud and Papalymo are mostly magical damage dealers, while Yda and Thancred are physical damage dealers, so I need a bit of both. I could have Thancred replace Potato and focus on multiple debuffs (he has his old reliable Hastega + Damage SB, and then he could easily focus on debuffing with his Brave command and Ninja skills). Haven't really focused on it.
    • XV: Erm...nope. NocNoc is the only character with passable skills, and focusing entirely on him isn't the right thing. Plus, low levels and whatnot.
    • Type-0: Ditto. Got a better spread, but no Medica, no Hastega, and only....one?...damage dealing relic means a CM team is out of consideration.

EDIT: What're people doing with their mythril? Well, I see some recent pulls, but everyone else?

I'm hoarding for summer fest. However, looking past that, we'll be getting a good few banners with like 3 Awakenings + Chain, or 2 Awakenings + 2 Chains, things like that. Think I might not go all out on summer fest.
    Hoarding. Supposedly one of the banners has a second chance for Orlandeau's Awakening, and I hope the Happy Gacha is more lenient.
    Last edited by T.G. Oskar; 2019-06-02 at 05:40 AM.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Titan in the Playground

Ooh, realm team analysis! Let's have a look-see:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • FFI: My early numbers are among my weaker teams, and FFI is no exception. o'Light has a few goodies, and Garland has an Arcane and USB, but otherwise it's pretty weak.
    • FFII: II is super frustrating, because there's so much potential there, but the dives are crap. Firion has his USB, OSB, and BSB, plus two LRMs, but he's so wonky to use. Leon has a USB, but it doesn't have a chaser or anything like that. Maria has her BSB... and that's all. Both Minwu and Hilda are packing USBs, but again, the rest of the realm is so disorganized.
    • FFIII: On the one hand, I have a lot of power in III - basically everyone has some kind of USB at this point. On the other, there's no elemental unity at all. It's fine for a Torment, but disorganized if I need elemental consistency.
    • FFIV: Pencil has his USB, but it's his old Paladin EX mode. Kain has a USB, but all it really does is remove delay from Jump attacks. Rydia has a Glint, but otherwise nothing that makes me go ooh. Rosa at least has her W-Cast LRM. And, of course, Edge has his USB0. Aside from that, though, not a lot of relics, and definitely no unifying factors.
    • FFV: This team, on the other hand, is potent and versatile. I have a ton of stuff for Bartz, including two USBs, a Glint, and three Bursts (never did get Water). Lenna has two USBs and a Burst - frustratingly, nothing instant, and no W-Cast. Galuf has two different Imperil BSBs for elemental coverage. Gil has his Fire Chain and his incrementing SAM USB. Faris has two different USBs. Even Exdeath manages to contribute to Dark teams with his USB, although he doesn't play well with the rest of the V team. But thanks to Bartz' elemental coverage, Galuf's handling of Earth and Fire, and Krile's BLM, I can not only field a potent V team generally, but one with a solid and variable elemental theme.
    • FFVI: This team, by contrast, has only one elemental theme, and it is Fire. Sure, Celes is awesome and I have two of her Bursts and her Ice Chain, but I have Terra's Awakening and that's basically the end of the conversation. There is no need for anyone to not be using all the fire at that point.
    • FFVII: Strong, but ironically limited by its strength. I can field the Cloud/Zack one-two punch of Cloud with his USB Wind BSB and Zack with his Wind Chain and BSB, but that limits my element to Wind. Which is fine if I field Barret's Fire/Wind USB and Cid's Wind BSB, but not if I want to bring Tifa with her W-Cast MNK USB for Earth. Moreover, I have Aerith's awesome USB2, but that basically limits my choices to PHY only - not too bad, because VII casters are disappointing.
    • FFVIII: Surprising nobody, the unifying element here is Ice. Squall has his Glint, Ice BSB, and chaser USB. Rinoa has her chaser USB and Ice Chain. Laguna only has his Boostga SSB, but he has his Imperil Ice LRM, so he's good. Frustratingly, I have Irvine's SHP chaser USB, but since I use him for SUP and not SHP, that's mostly useless.
    • FFIX: Once again, a lack of unity here. Zidane's Imperil Wind USB is awesome, as is Vivi's W-Cast USB. And Eiko's 0CT USB is ever-useful, and Kuja's DRK Ability Boost USB is incredibly potent. Individually a lot of powerful options, but again, no single unifying theme.
    • FFX: Obviously, the unifying theme here is Water. Less obviously, it's also redundancy - my most powerful option is simply to stack Sapphire Shot on everyone. Tidus has his chaser USB, Rikku has her Imperil Water USB, even Wakka has an Imperil Water USB. Frustratingly, like with Irvine, Wakka's LD would put him in prime SHP territory, but I need him for SUP. Still, it's good on Magicites, I guess.
    • FFXI: Shantotto has a Lightning Chain, which would be perfect if anyone else in this realm used Lightning. Ayame has her Ice BSB, same thing but Ice. Aside from Aphmau's USB, nothing else particularly stands out.
    • FFXII: Ashe's USB destroys. It absolutely destroys. And Gabranth has a Brave USB that sees no use. Again, nothing else in particular to write home about.
    • FFXIII: Again the frustration. Lightning has all the toys - two BSBs, a Glint, and two USBs, including a Brave USB. She's a wrecking ball. So obviously, the team element is... Ice. Yes, it's Ice, because Lightning is the only one who brings Lightning. By contrast, Serah and Noel both bring their USBs - Serah with fast-casting, Noel with Imperil Ice. I have Raines' toys - his Arcane, OSB, and BSB - but he doesn't play well with basically anybody - and two BSBs for Hope, but otherwise nothing in this realm stands out.
    • FFXIV: Catwaifu has her BSB, plus SSII and Medica II, so she's set. Papa has his BSB, which is still good. And what's-it-all-about-Alphi has two USBs, but using his Brave is tricky and rarely worth the pain. That said, Ysayle is my new favorite Ice Queen, because of the one-two punch of her USB and her Imperil Ice LRM. Again, no theme here.
    • FFXV: This realm is crap. I have at least a BSB for everyone, and it's still crap.
    • FFT: This realm basically is my Holy team. Ramza has a Holy Chain, Shout, and Shout v.2. Orlandeau is Orlandeau, with OSB and BSB. And Marche has his USB. We're done here, it's perfect.
    • FF-T0: Even with USBs, this is crap. Nine's USB is pretty good, helpful on a Wind team; Machina's USB is okay; Queen's USB is rendered redundant by Fem!Cloud. That's basically it for this realm, too.

So, yeah. I have some really strong realms - not strong enough to do D$$$ Torments, since I still haven't faced 4-star Magicites, let alone 5-star - but I can do some damage in the middling-range Torments. I think they're still working on streamlining elemental unity in realms, though - I see it improving with recent releases.

20. - Top - End - #740

Yeah man, those 5* magicites really help. Itíd be nice to see the modified stats though.

As for realm teams... a lot of mine are super janky. I need to take some time going through them, attempting Torments. My best is prob X, then VII, then V.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

Big update today, folks! Balance changes and mythril and anima lenses, oh my!

How do anima lenses work? Well, you have three levels of anima lens - level 1, which deals with uniques or SSBs, level 2, which deals with BSBs, OSBs and LMRs, and level 3, which deals with USBs. You can sort either by hero, in which case you pick from a selection of character-specific relics, or by dungeon, which recommends SBs based on which Torment or Magicite you want to clear. It's pretty sweet.

In other news, I finally drew another relic in the Daily - Enna Kros' LMR (W-Cast BLM). Which means it's time to test my luck on the LotR banners!

Spoiler
    Show
    • T-0: Deuce's USB. 0CT medica with +Res and Last Stand. Fairly standard, but it's useful to have.
    • FFT: Delita's USB. 10-hit four-element, critfix =75%, quickcast, and a 4-hit chaser on any attack that hits a weakness. This basically turns Delita into a mini-Bartz, and I'm totally here for it.
    • XV: Gladio's LMR. Moderate chance to cover allies. It's... useful, I guess? I mean, at 99, Gladio's DEF isn't even in the top 10. Nor, for that matter, is his HP. So this is basically kind of a death sentence? I suppose it might work with Reta, I don't know. And certainly, drawing fire helps Noctis' stupid, stupid OSB, which disappears if he takes damage. But... eh.

How's everyone else doing so far?

Don't forget, when you go to the green shop - it's Wednesday, my dudes - there are two mythril in there to buy, along with 4- and 5-star motes.

EDIT: I forgot something else! Artifacts with +Element are here! These are what you've been saving rainbow crystals for. The realm-specific Artifacts are decent, although normal realm-specific relics will suffice generally, but the +Element artifacts are excellent.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2019-06-12 at 08:51 AM.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

Haven't really been playing much lately due to lack of time/drive (which sucks cause x2 greens would go nicely with magicite leveling).

Anima Lens I went ahead and grabbed OK LMR since I got his BSB so he's now replacing Mog as mage team support. Probably grab Edge's USB0 (Eblan Doppelganger SSB) at some point.

For the LotR draws:

T-0 - Ace BSB. Dupe.
    FFT - Agrias DC Knight LMR. Team Holy gets ever so slightly stronger.
    XV - Gladio LMR. The good one. DC Knight. Also +earth armor.

Don't think I'm going to pull on 11-14. Still undecided.

Steam Profile

23. - Top - End - #743

RedWizardGuy

So, from now on I can finally get Edge's Eblan's doppelganger. But no hurry. First, I have to discard all the dupes and old powercreeped relics. It will take a while. It's neat to see the "Master" appear under a character. Specially if it's actually Master, hehe.

I finished the 15 mythril Realm LDs, had a nice little harvest. I'm almost sure I haven't pulled on event banners since festival, so I will just list my recent gains.

Spoiler
    Show

FF1: Warrior of Light Arcane
    FF2: Maria's Arcane, Emperor's USB
    FF3: Ingus's En Earth Materia
    FF4: Kain's Jump Materia, Golbez Chain
    FF5: Bartz Earth BSB, spellblade Materia, Krile's BSB
    FF6: Cian's USB.
    FF7: Reno's Materia
    FF8: Quistis poison BSB
    FF9: Beatrix's Materia
    FF X: Paine's Ultra
    FF XI: Lion's Materia
    FF XII: Penelo's Materia
    FF XIII: Lighting's Brave USB
    FF XIV: Dupe Haucherfant's Ultra, Haucherfant's BSB
    FF XV: Aranea's OSB
    T 0: Machina's Materia
    Tactics: both Meliadou and Marche's Materias.

I also got Alphinaud's Wind chain on a daily draw.

Marche got complete trifecta (USB, BSB, RLM), Lighting has everything it's worth having.

Bartz can soon grab his Ultra and go ham, Orlando will soon get his RLM.

On the 5 mythril pulls, got:

T0: Sice's USB.
    Tactics: Orram's BSB.
    XV: Dupe Prompto's USB.

Orram's BSB may be a great rival to Deuce's. I need to try him, but stacking it with Reks USB looks like the perfect answer to my missing Lighting Chain. Add Prompto and Delita, maybe Lighting too if Orram's healing seems enough for party. Hum...
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

24. - Top - End - #744

Man. These anima lenses are real nice. Probably going to pick up the real good stuff from the lowest level, so-called USB0s, then complete some characters.

Also, definitely need some artifacts. Rather lacking in a few departments.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

Man. These anima lenses are real nice. Probably going to pick up the real good stuff from the lowest level, so-called USB0s, then complete some characters.
    A few points on anima lenses.

First, here's a spreadsheet. It shows anima lens options available by realm. This is particularly useful for people who do Dream Select banners - don't use your Dream Select pick for something you can grab anytime with anima lenses!

Second, anima lenses are given out like candy. Yes, you get anima lenses when you get a duplicate relic. (You also get the duplicate relic, to combine or crystal, as you prefer.) But more importantly, every event gives you a ton of them. A full, regular, weekly event should give over 100 level 3 lenses, over 200 level 2, and over 300 level 1. (I'm getting conflicting reports on the exact numbers, though.) So you should be able to pick your relics every couple of months. Point is, although it's probably good to save some for whenever they update the list with that relic you've been waiting for, you don't need to sit on your hoard as if you'll never see more - you'll see plenty.

Third, here is a list of some of the best SSBs you could want. There are some workhorses on there, like Arc's and Edge's USB0s. Also, keep in mind that there are two different Galuf Solos Everything relics, so don't get confused on that point.

Fourth, keep something in mind. This is a great opportunity to pick up gear with special effects, such as status resist or +element. But +element armor will be far more valuable to you than +element weapons, because...

Also, definitely need some artifacts. Rather lacking in a few departments.
    You'll probably want to focus on the +element Artifacts. I mentioned it above, but it bears repeating. If you have a good USB weapon, with realm synergy it will probably perform as well as or better than an out-of-realm Artifact, or sometimes even as well as an in-realm Artifact. It's simply not worth the investment for a realm-specific stat stick, if you already have the gear.

By contrast, +element is very much the meta, and works for everyone. It will never have realm synergy (except in an "every item equipped by this character has synergy" event), but the element boost, numerically, will be significant. (I saw a mathcrafting post on reddit, but I can't find it anymore.)

So, yeah. Don't necessarily go out and splurge, but consider a +element weapon to help with whatever Magicite/Torment is troubling you. And on a related point, don't bother with an anima lens selection just because it's a +element weapon, since you can probably get a better one as an Artifact.

EDIT: Speaking of splurging, did the LotR tonight for XIV... Got Haurchefant's USB. It's... potentially really useful. High chance to cover PHY and MAG attacks against people in the back row is pretty decent, and it boosts his DEF, RES, and MND (for debuff resist), plus a high HP Stock, all good. And he's already top 5 DEF-wise, and top 10 HP-wise, so he can take the hit. Moreover, with relatively little work, you actually can put together a 4/5 back row XIV team - Y'shtola, Ysayle, Alphi and Papalymo are all solid casters, or you could swap in Cid with a gun. It's no Grand Cross, but it's actually a potentially very clever mechanic.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2019-06-12 at 08:58 PM.

26. - Top - End - #746

Excellent post, Red Fel. Much appreciated.

The only thing I'd add is... we should probably nab +element artifact daggers. Yes, sadly, daggers. Everyone (I think *everyone*) can use daggers.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

27. - Top - End - #747

RedWizardGuy

The Reddit post is from Merlin the Tuna. Hey bro, where art thou? Great job there.

I grabbed the Eblan's doppelganger, and I'm eyeing Prishe's SSB and Machina's SSB. I'm a sucker for an extra healing on a HP% medica, as my insistence on cramming Sabin on teams can attest. Machina has an excellent SSB effect and relic, but his kit is a bit messed in my opinion. Needs Heavy Physical access, but someone is hogging the good stuff.

I thought we would be able to sell relics for lens, was all pumped up for it. But it was my mistake. Guess I will have to sell things as I get elemental weapons from the Hall.

Haucherfant's USB got a buff some time ago. Actually, the cover mechanics were improved. I have to test him, specially since I got his BSB too. Characters that do Cover can generate ridiculous amounts of SB: my Ingus with BSB and Chain can even fit his debuff SSB in rotation.

Now there's the Bubble buff: when enemies hit the bubble, you niw will still get SB. Yshtola's main issue got solved. In my case, Iris.

28. - Top - End - #748

Yeah that bubble buff is very welcome. Iíll make more use of Relm now. Her USB is one of the first I got, but it hasnít seen much use.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

29. - Top - End - #749
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayn82 View Post
    I thought we would be able to sell relics for lens, was all pumped up for it. But it was my mistake. Guess I will have to sell things as I get elemental weapons from the Hall.
    You get Anima Lenses from completing Event Dungeons, Record Dungeons, and...when you pull up dupes. You should automatically get ALs when you pull the dupe, just like you get the prompt to turn your relics into Rainbow Crystals when you pull anything below 5*.

Haucherfant's USB got a buff some time ago. Actually, the cover mechanics were improved. I have to test him, specially since I got his BSB too. Characters that do Cover can generate ridiculous amounts of SB: my Ingus with BSB and Chain can even fit his debuff SSB in rotation.

Now there's the Bubble buff: when enemies hit the bubble, you niw will still get SB. Yshtola's main issue got solved. In my case, Iris.
    I still think that Cover should be improved to do what Provoke/Magic Lure/Sentinel can't do, and that is to block off ST Natural attacks. Since it only has a chance of activation, it's not any better than just using Gaia's Cross/Divine Cross or a Sentinel SB/Burst Command. Same thing for High Retaliate, which should be able to counter some NAT attacks. This would make these much, much more desirable, since it'd work for pretty much every endgame content. The amount of people that have Cover are so few (mostly Paladin Cecil, Beatrix, Gladiolus, Ingus, and IIRC Basch), and High Retaliate even less (Gilgamesh and Cyan). Not one of them has both Cover AND High Retaliate for Reta Meta shenanigans (though it'd be super hilarious, particularly with Awakenings).

Being able to get SB gauge through Stoneskin is a fair boost, though. I mean: Y'sh's BSB is no longer that desirable, now that she has better healing tools (her Brave USB, for one, is IC and has a Last Stand Medica on Brave lv. 3; heck, even her Shield USB is suddenly becoming more and more useful. Having her old BSB lose the only con it had makes her even more desirable as a healer. (Then again, Aerith AND Lenna have LM that allow a mini-Medica when using WHM abilities, making THAT much more desirable. Plus, healer Awakenings trigger Medica chases.)

--

As for Anima Lenses and relics I'd love to get: not terribly excited for the selection (after all, there are no Chains or Glints, and the two USBs I'd definitely LOVE to have aren't there, which are Paladin!Cecil's Wall and Baschi's RikkUltra clone; do note, though, that Rikku's USB1 is there for your taking), and I'm more attracted to Legend Materia relics than anything else. Note that Legend Materia relics are pretty expensive; they take 3k Anima Lenses lv. 2, a far cry from the 1.5k for Uniques and Supers or the 1k for Ultras. They compete with Bursts, and there's still a handful of good bursts to choose from (namely, Cid Raines' Burst, Maria's Burst, Squall's 2nd Burst, Y'sh's Burst, Vanille's 1st Burst) Also: if for some reason you're either new OR rerolling an account, do note that some of the stuff there is ALSO on the Acolyte's Archives, so choose wisely. If you buy Gems, you might also want to note the Full Throttle selections and the Dream Draw selections in the future.

And finally: getting Anima Lenses from dupes will apply from any draw after yesterday. You won't get Anima Lenses from pulls for Realm Lucky Draws, FT draws, the current Banners, OR the Happy Gacha. Pay special attention to this one. (That said, the upcoming Lucky Draws should count.)
    On Lawful Good:

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

Man, trying to get back into this game is weird. I pseudo put down the game around the time magicite was introduced after being frustrated and while I made some very lackluster efforts into coming back or just opening around big events to get some login bonus or whatever, I've been reopening the game every few days or so to get back into the groove.

All i got to say is OOF.

Thankfully my Physical and Mage party are still able to clear most of the weekly content without too much issues. I have no idea what the current end-game is supposed to look like though as i'm still here just stacking my buffs and debuffs, smacking things around without much care in the world.