New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin the Tuna View Post
    I use him in a fair handful of my teams, mostly for Wrath+Entrust, dances, or Full Break + Affliction Break. I've found him extremely useful for a handful of magicite battles thanks to all the slots saved by his USB3, though that's not super valuable until you've cleared all the 3*s and unlocked Fabula Raider. Even then, I use Onion Knight (BSB+LMR) sometimes instead since he can use Meltdown/Vortex + Entrust instead.

I also really like having Tyro for my non-elemental team. OK is there on DPS thanks to doublecast Celerity, so Tyro can handle the supporting.

Beyond that, I used him for Siren for a bit since Memento Mori + Ultima Weapon gave him an edge over Onion Knight, but that's preeeeeetty niche.
    Thanks for the analysis!

And sounds good. I might dive him. I also might dive OK, but I only have some of his junky SSBs or something. Not nothing, but not much.

I do have all 3*s beaten. Currently working on acceptable 3* decks. Have respectable Holy, Dark, and Fire. Going to work my way around the wheel. Figured by the time (and ohmygosh the time on not only acquiring the right copies but getting them to 99 >.>) I had all good 3* decks, I’d be good enough to break into the 4*s.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Gentle reminder: Jump Starts dungeons end up on the 15th. If you have a few you have to complete, do so either today or tomorrow.

In my case, I've completed them all, but because of...things, I couldn't master a few. Not because they were difficult...instead, because they were so easy, I couldn't complete some of the Mastery requirements on time. Case in point: Inquisitor Zalmour and his retinue against Team Tactics, which is by far my most powerful realm team (well, except D??? Papa Nurgle, and that's because neither Ovelia nor Alma have their Bursts, though Ovelia can defend herself well with her early SSB). I crushed Zalmour so fast, I forgot to debuff the Knight and the Monk! And I mean absurdly fast - I think I did a sub-15 on the entire battle.

On another (Team III vs. the Guardian), I forgot I had to use no offensive WHM or BLK, or else the monster counters with Reflect. That docked me of a few stars short of a full Mastery.

In any case - they're pretty easy, and you don't need Realm teams to beat it. I mean, Type-0's Dainsleif was beaten by Team Lightning, because Class Zero doesn't have a properly built team (or...will ever have a properly built team. Really have no care for them, aside from maaaaaaybe Rem because I got her on FFBE), and while it was a hit or miss (it all depended on whether they could survive the triple barrage of Satellite Lasers), once the SBs were flying, it was smooth landing all over. In fact, I believe the actual battle was harder, and I recall using Team Lightning against it as well.

Also, finished the non-Revenge, actual event of XII. For once, the Apoc++ battle was pretty smooth, and the pull I made on XII ended up being pretty rewarding! While I couldn't use the Leading Man (the Apoc battles were stacked against him, because...you know, Balthier being a master of Imperil Fire, and the bosses absorb Fire...), Fran became an unexpected heroine.

I mean, both bosses are weak against Water? Oh no, no one in Team XII is innately good with Water! Where's Ba'Gamna- who cares, Reks rekt both bosses with Whitefall and Engulfing Quadstrike (with seldom dualcasts!), Ashe using either Ogopogo or Chain Waterga (with Faith for a self-MAG boost), Fran using Mental Breakdown (to make Ashe's spells hit harder) and Wrath -> BSB2, and Vaan alternating between BSB and USB2, with Fran alternating the debuffs. Between the two, they debuffed Velius - I mean, Belias so badly, his finishing move Ultimate Hellfire did snippets of damage. And of course, prince Larsa healed like a boss. I wish I had a million Spirit and Wisdom 5* motes to dive Larsa, because the kid deserves it. Kinda feel sad for Penelo.

Anyways - next event is VII, and Angeal gets his Burst!!! ...only to be eclipsed by Mama's Boy. Poor Angeal. He gets no respect.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Thanks for the analysis!

And sounds good. I might dive him. I also might dive OK, but I only have some of his junky SSBs or something. Not nothing, but not much.
    I'd definitely say that OK is usually worth diving. Not always - he'd be always if you had one of his USBs or his BSB - but usually. He has a lot of flexibility - SUP or off-heals, BLM or CEL - which is backed up by a lot of power (at 99, obviously). His dives are both extremely useful - moderate W-Cast chance for CEL and BLM. W-Cast is king, when it comes to dives, and he gets two of them, pretty much guaranteeing him a role in almost any party I use.

Yeah, it'd be better if you had one of his USBs or his BSB, but if you need a switch hitter, he's a pretty solid dive choice.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I'd definitely say that OK is usually worth diving. Not always - he'd be always if you had one of his USBs or his BSB - but usually. He has a lot of flexibility - SUP or off-heals, BLM or CEL - which is backed up by a lot of power (at 99, obviously). His dives are both extremely useful - moderate W-Cast chance for CEL and BLM. W-Cast is king, when it comes to dives, and he gets two of them, pretty much guaranteeing him a role in almost any party I use.

Yeah, it'd be better if you had one of his USBs or his BSB, but if you need a switch hitter, he's a pretty solid dive choice.
    I have Onion BSB, but I'm not diving mine. I already have Tyro, Sazh, Red XIII, and Ramza dived. Don't regret any of those, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Didn't have as much time as I thought I was going to but some quick tweaks took care of Ravana and that really annoying Mindflayer/Imp battle.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, Torment: Jenova edition is a reeeeeeal mess. Eked out a sub-30 D280, but the D$$$ is wrecking me since I can't get Cloud going quickly enough to kill the tentacles AND push Jenova proper to phase 2 in time. Good luck on this mess, y'all.

Fortunately, I'm up to 550 Rubies, so I think I might treat myself to Chain Thundaja since I'll still have plenty for next month's goodies.
    Merlin the Tuna

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Managed a Sub-30 240 thanks to Wind God Cloud, but had trouble with the 280.

Character Weapon Armor Accessory Ability 1 Ability 2 Record Materia Main Legend Materia Sub Legend Materia Soul Break
    Cloud Strife, Soldier 1st Class Force Stealer (VII) Edincoat (VII) Lucky Dice Lifesiphon(R5) Raging Quadstrike (R3) Ace Striker Physical Damage Up W-Cast Combat Ultra Cross Slash
    Nanaki, Hojo's Thirteenth Subject Centclip (VII) Augmented Ninja Tekko (XIV) Zack's Earring (VII) Full Break (R4) Magic Breakdown (R5) Dr. Mog's Teachings Support Damage Up Buff Duration Up Mighty Warrior
    Aerith Gainsborough, Katana Charging Outlet Wizard Rod (VII)+++ Cachusha (FFT) Toxin Armlet Curada (R4) Shellga (R5) Healer's Prayer II W-Cast White Magic Medica on White Magic Cast Pulse of Life
    Sephiroth, Legendary Hair Care Enthusiast Chirijiraden (VII) Mystile (VII)+ Moderate Poison Damage Resist Accesory Dark Bargain (R5) Demonsblood R3 Battleforged Katana damage up Trance Octaslash
    Zack Fair, Silver Medalist in Buster Sword Relay Enhancer (VII-CC) Shinra Beta Plus (VII-CC) Moderate Poison Damage Resist Accessory Lifesiphon (R5) Ripping Blast (R3) Mako Might Soldier Follow-up Soldier Swiftness Lucky Stars

Plan was for Cloud to Lifesiphon until he got a bar, then Zack would drop his chain, then Realm Chain, then Cloud Ultra, then #Beatdown Jenova SYNTHESIS A.
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.

8. - Top - End - #68

Spent 50 mythril, got Cloud’s USB1 and Sephy’s pants (lol). This is a big improvement for my Cloud, but literally the only thing I have for Sephiroth. Don’t think he’ll be on team Dark.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

"I shouldn't, but I'll pull on this banner."

1 disco 4 rainbows.

6* magic gun for Vincent's magic boosting fire chain. Krile, I think you have a buddy.
    Cloud glint sword x2 (empowered en-wind)
    Sephiroth octaslash BSB dark boosting katana (dupe)
    Sephiroth En-dark legend materia relic

I mean, I was hoping for either of the damage cap breaking USBs, but I'll take it :-)

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    "I shouldn't, but I'll pull on this banner."

1 disco 4 rainbows.

6* magic gun for Vincent's magic boosting fire chain. Krile, I think you have a buddy.
    Cloud glint sword x2 (empowered en-wind)
    Sephiroth octaslash BSB dark boosting katana (dupe)
    Sephiroth En-dark legend materia relic

I mean, I was hoping for either of the damage cap breaking USBs, but I'll take it :-)
    Wow, that's really good!

I'm delighted I got Cloud's USB1, but Vincent's chain gun looks really good. I already have a decent physical team regarding Fire, but that would give me an even better one regarding magic (I have some goodies for Terra and Krile).
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

11. - Top - End - #71

RedWizardGuy

I am interested on the VII banner, but decided to risk my 50 Mythril on the Water Banner for now. Got Tidus USB and Paine's BSB. 2 +water weapons, making 3 total. Good.

Also, a few days ago, got Basch's USB (Clone of Rikku's) on a 100 gem. Nice to have something for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by Slayn82 View Post
    I am interested on the VII banner, but decided to risk my 50 Mythril on the Water Banner for now. Got Tidus USB and Paine's BSB. 2 +water weapons, making 3 total. Good.

Also, a few days ago, got Basch's USB (Clone of Rikku's) on a 100 gem. Nice to have something for him.
    Nice grab!

I wonder how far an account with access to unlimited everything but no BSB+ could go. Like dive everyone, r5 6* abilities, crystal water, 8* gear, everyone at 99, any SSB, but none of this new fancy stuff. No chains, AOSB, chasers, etc.

Anyway. Unrelated to this, I also find it special you can put Laguna and Squall on a team.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

I wonder how far an account with access to unlimited everything but no BSB+ could go. Like dive everyone, r5 6* abilities, crystal water, 8* gear, everyone at 99, any SSB, but none of this new fancy stuff. No chains, AOSB, chasers, etc.
    Hard but doable.

For starters, you got everyone dived. That means you already have some chasers (IIRC, Zack and Setzer have LM2s that are also Chasers), the best skills, and a bunch of characters with dualcast abilities. You also have any SSB, so you have the best of them: Shout, Sheepsong/Ley Lines, Eblan Doppleganger, SG/SSII, several instant-cast Medicas (Minwu and Arc), Runic+ (via Celes' Indomitable Blade and Exdeath's Grand Cross).

Right now, hones are the most important thing to have. Bursts have subsided in terms of potency, so you'll actually rely on hones more than ever, since abilities are more powerful now. You got all 6* abilities at full hones, so the bulk of the damage is through these. Overstrikes are really finishers for the most part, since you don't want to waste them unless you can Wrath (which is only accessible to a small group of the population). The only worthy LMRs are those that give Dualcast or something really interesting (like chances of mini-Medicas when you use certain skills). Glints are nice when you can get SB gauges real quick, since they give short bursts of power while you build up for the other SBs. And Arcane Overstrikes are like Overstrikes, but sacrificing uses for power, so they're your definite final blow.

That leaves Ultras and Chains, and here's where difficulty ramps up. Ultras have changed the game for good or bad, because they are more powerful than SSBs, but when tacked with an EX Mode (which includes both Chasers, Ability Double and Quickcast/Ability Boost), makes the use of those abilities you have at R5 even more powerful. Tidus with Sapphire Shot and LM2 is huge, but Tidus with Sapphire Shot, LM2, Chain AND Chaser USB is a powerhouse. Bartz with all Spellblades at R5 and LM2 is strong, but Bartz with all Spellblades, LM2, both USBs and the right Bursts can overwhelm the opposition so fast, it's not even funny. Most battles almost force you nowadays to have IC Medicas, and while some of the IC SSB medicas are decent, they can't beat Rosa's USB, or Eiko's USB, or Larsa's USB...you get the idea. The current high-level challenges (see: Neo Torments) are built up with the best USBs and Chains in mind.

That said...high-level content can be done. Nightmares only had Bursts, not Ultras, to work with, and sometimes you didn't even had those. Magicites are a bit less forgiving, but you don't have to sub-30 them, just survive them. Anything below 260 is doable nowadays. And people are even achieving stuff like sub-30 Magicites and D300s with unusual teams (though Core-only teams and Galuf have bowed down nowadays). I mean, Crystal Tower challenges can be done with that kind of setup; see the "Minimal Intervention" and "AA-only" challenges, which are similar to what you propose. It'll mean, though, that you need to focus a bit more on what you can, and cannot, use...which won't be that difficult as you have access to pretty much everything.

UPDATE: Crystal Tower down! Took me little to do it, though the middle ones required a few tries...well, actually, Sapphire Weapon was the only challenge here.
    Spoiler: Avatar of Pisces, or how I stopped worrying and loved Hastega
    Show
    Holy Dragon
    Protagonists: Terra, Locke, Mog, Celes and Relm
    This battle was a joke. Ultimate Holy? Apocalypse Saintly Beam? Pshah! Terra capped every blow of her USB. Mostly...with her Glint, and Mog supporting, and Locke using his USB to Imperil. Plus she had three sources of...you know what, having my babe cap ALL of her USB strikes (about 10-12 in total) was an achievement of its own. That means she surpassed her own OSB in terms of damage. So, since I proved my babe is a force to be reckoned, when do I get BSB2 and AOSB? Also, Brave USB just for shots and goggles.

Mindflayer + Imps
    Protagonists: Agrias, Edward the Spoony Bard, Marche, Larsa and Firion
    Two of my guys (Firion and Larsa) died almost by the end, but that was too little, too late. I recall this battle being harder? Anyways Holy Team did their job, with Agrias and Firion pretty much overwhelming the Imps. Since Agrias was doing mostly (Holy) Knight attacks, by the end, she had the Mindflayer at full Imperil, which is an achievement of her own. Marche was boosting the speed of the frontlines, Firion was delivering AoE Holy attacks with MBlink, Eddie sang, and Larsa...well, remember why I said I "stopped worrying and loved Hastega", besides a joke referencing the Dr. Strangelove movie? Because...well, thanks to Larsa equipping Hastega, things went smooth. That, and his BSB offering Astra, though the Mindflayer and the Imps never really threatened with status effects. Still, that was a close one...which I still did in one try. Completed and Mastered.

Sapphire Weapon
    Protagonists: Ingus, Cait Sith, Squall, Yuna, Tifa
    This must be the weirdest group I fielded. I mean...sure, it's Earth team, except I switched Y'sh for Yuna, and Dorgaan for Cait Sith, and Onion Knight for Squall. This battle was difficult because...well, Sapphire used Ultimate Gravija, and then Haste, Dispel and Apoc. Sapphire Beam, and then most likely Aqua Breath, meaning that chances of surviving that assault were slim. Tifa was the main attacker, being of the same Realm and having three Earth boosts, plus dualcast Monk and QC Monk, plus her BSB Command 1 hitting at high speeds, plus...well, you get the idea. Or wait, that one doesn't need much: Meteor Crush + Cait Sith's BSB. Yeah, close to capping with every attack. Ingus provided the chain for even MORE damage, Yuna healed (and between the two, Last Stand for the entire party), Cait Sith debuffed and boosted ATK and Critical, and Squall...well, he tried to contribute, but it was too little. Still had two of my people bite the dust, but I could still beat the Weapon. Completed and Mastered.

Mateus + Ice Azers
    Protagonists: Ashe, Aphmau, Rapha, Garnet and...Fran
    Yeah, you're basically right. Not just that - a lv. 74 Fran. Anyways, it's mostly because Team Lightning is just that good, adn I used the Magicite version of Team Lightning. The Ice Azers died extremely fast, while Mateus still threatened. The last few bits were Slowing my party as usual, but between Full Break + Magic Breakdown (thanks to Fran's BSB2), the damage wasn't that much. Anyways, by the time Mateus got dangerous, Team Lightning was a-go, with full healing potential. Not as easy as Holy Dragon, not as hard as Sapphire Weapon, and not as close as the Mindflayer.

...BTW, noticed that some of the big players were absent? Y'sh, Rosa, the THUNDER GOD, Vaan...all of them were on the bench this time. That's amusing.
    Last edited by T.G. Oskar; 2018-08-21 at 12:21 AM.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.

14. - Top - End - #74

I made the realization... I profoundly dislike the Magicite acquisition method. I've never liked "being forced" to do the same battle over and over, nor do I like RNG. The gacha is bad enough.

Realm dungeons, record dungeons, events, yeah, all those are good. Magicite, egad.

btw, currently working around the wheel. Have Holy, Dark, Fire, Ice, and Wind down to ~20 seconds.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

15. - Top - End - #75

I made the realization... I profoundly dislike the Magicite acquisition method. I've never liked "being forced" to do the same battle over and over, nor do I like RNG. The gacha is bad enough
    Yeah, it's... not ideal. It does get marginally better when the 5*s come out, since there's no RNG factor to their dropping. You beat Quetzacoatl, you get Quetzacoatl, etc. But the idea that you're supposed to continuously grind them out into infinity is still frustrating. I'm sub-30 on every 4* magicite, but a lot of them still involve specific entrust/medica/etc. timings that can be annoying to remember. I don't have a lot of confidence that 5* will be any more mindless. :/
    Merlin the Tuna

16. - Top - End - #76

Oh yeah, thanks for the reply Oskar! And nice work ;)

And thanks Merlin!

Holy smokes. Changed my party comp for Fenrir, got him down in 16.45. If only he’d stop dropping Fenrir >.>

Edit: ha, bit of favorable RNG got me a 12.74 clear.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-08-21 at 07:18 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

So, hey, the Boys are Back banner is up! Lucky draw, and that means I pull!

1/11, Bartz' Great Sword. Awesome BSB... Except that I already have it.

Hope your luck is better than mine! Happy pulls.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2018-08-21 at 08:04 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

18. - Top - End - #78

Sorry man :(

I got 2/11, both 5*. Sephiroth LMR and Kain BSB. Both new to me, glad I got them, but I have no team with either of them.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

19. - Top - End - #79

Awwwwwww yiss. 2/11, Galuf USB and Auron USB1.

Galuf just earned a dive, I think. At the very least, he's definitely Torment material, and Earth Ironfist will make him pretty great for magicite. Auron USB is more defensive, but it's at least enough to earn him occasional consideration in future teams. The realm is too water-centric for him to be Torment-friendly, but his dive is good at least.
    Last edited by Merlin the Tuna; 2018-08-21 at 10:57 PM.
    Merlin the Tuna

20. - Top - End - #80

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin the Tuna View Post
    Awwwwwww yiss. 2/11, Galuf USB and Auron USB.

Galuf just earned a dive, I think. At the very least, he's definitely Torment material, and Earth Ironfist will make him pretty great for magicite. Auron USB is more defensive, but it's at least enough to earn him occasional consideration in future teams. The realm is too water-centric for him to be Torment-friendly, but his dive is good at least.
    Grats! 2 discos, color me jelly.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

1/11 Auron LMR. His attack goes up the more he gets hit.

My luck was not, sir, it was not.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Hell it's hard to say no to a half-price draw.Shame I only got one rainbow, and it's a dupe of Hope's BSB boomerang. Meh.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

I got Bartz' Gladius and Squall's Contempt.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

2/11 on my pull. 1 rainbow, 1 Disco

Rainbow: Squall BSB2. Only +10 since I have his USB2 sadly, but just makes him that much better.

Disco: Kain CSB! I will never complain about getting a chain. And for one of my weakest elements.

Overall: Well spent 25 mithril.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

25. - Top - End - #85

RedWizardGuy

2/11 - 1 Disco, both dupes. Tidus's USB and Galuf's RLM. No upsides, but I guess it wasn't unexpected.

EDIT: Good luck for anyone else pulling on this one (TGOskar, I think?). And also, Auron's USB 1 is one of my favorite relics for doing diff 200+ event dungeons. Solid tool.
    Last edited by Slayn82; 2018-08-22 at 06:34 PM.
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

EDIT: Good luck for anyone else pulling on this one (TGOskar, I think?). And also, Auron's USB 1 is one of my favorite relics for doing diff 200+ event dungeons. Solid tool.
    Thanks for the show of luck, but the Paladin Wall keeps evading me yet. And the Holy Chain of O'Light. And Tidus' Water Chain. At least I got nothing from Mama's Boy, and there's a certain someone that DEFINITELY wants to get into the party.

As for the pull results? 3/11, ONE DISCO, and one dupe...but the way I got the dupe is what hurts.

• Palom's Chocobo Suit! Well, he's not exactly gonna be part of Team IV at any point, but it's decent for Team Tri-Elemental (Matoya, Vivi and now Palom). Also, light armor for Team IV, and resistance to Poison (oh hey, Nurgle!). Not so bad, eh?
    • Palom's Choc...wait, WHAT!? But I just got this! Couldn't you give me something cooler? Like...I dunno...ANYTHING ELSE?
    • Galuf's Platinum Hammer! First his dualcast Monk LMR, then his Imperil Fire BSB, then his EnEarth USB with three-fifths of a RikkUltra. Old Man Galuf is trying to tell me something, but I'm all "yeah, but where's the Invincibility SSB?" Anyways, not so bad, considering it's another source of Hastega against Gilgamesh. Then again, Krile has her SheepMode, and Dorgaan offers the other part of it, including an Imperil Earth on top... Decisions, decisions...
    On Lawful Good:

27. - Top - End - #87

RedWizardGuy

Congrats on the pull, T.G.Oskar. Galuf's USB is a great relic for him due to that nice +Earth.

And today's news is the Wondrous Selection Draw. Anyone still looking for that BSB that escaped you so far? It's your chance to grab it! For just the measly 500 gems, and you even get a G5 11-pull too. Some quick notes from looking at Reddit:

Some people want Realm Medicas for Torment's CMs. I have saw people argue that it isn't strictly necessary, and tend to agree, but still solid option. Relm's keeps being a good pick.

Some people want BSB's who still are ahead of the usual DPS from abilities:
    - Examples: Squall 2, Garland 2, Raines 1, Edea 1, Maria 1, Papalymo 1, (Strago 1 sometimes due to ignoring enemy RES).

Other's look at special properties: Instant casts, last stands, En Element, etc.

- Type 0 has a few offerings: Ace BSB is getting some popularity on Reddit, being Instant Cast and a Physical Blink, and helping increasing chains fast. Rem has a Holy/Dark Mnd Based En Holy BSB with a lot of sustain as her cmd 1 heals herself, cmd 2 gives her magic blink and white magic damage.

Then you have the buffs: Dorgan's BSB is getting pretty popular, Mog & OK are well considered (mind OK BSB ID has a lot of competition).

Debuffs: Setzer, Vaan, Irvine are probably the top 3.

Otherwise, people are filling their elemental and realm teams, or selecting something for a character they got a decent RLM and nothing else.

------

For now, I don't have much Idea on what to pick. I already got most of the good, go to BSB's, there's few that would change my teams significantly, as I already filled most niches, so it's either picking gear for a favorite, a +element gear, or rounding out someone. Rem or Ace sound like interesting options, at least for novelty of the things. Anyone willing to share their toughts?

28. - Top - End - #88

Oh huh, 500 gem BSB pull plus choose one eh?

Hmm. Squall BSB2 is about the hottest thing ever, already pulled that. ... Got Cloud’s which interacts nicely with his LM. Got Arc’s for an offensive WM. Got Alphinaud’s. Raines’. Man, I dunno what’s really good that I’m lacking. I’m going to have to take a real close look at the list. Maybe mage buffs. Yeah, my mage teams are all weak, probably go that route.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Congrats on the pull, T.G.Oskar. Galuf's USB is a great relic for him due to that nice +Earth.
    That's true, but the thing is...I feel the USB is redundant.

Note what it offers: Boostga, Faithga, Hastega, EnEarth (plus damage, I believe?). His set-up right now is his LMR (dualcast Monk) and his BSB2 (Imperil Fire, both Burst Commands heal allies). There's two teams he can belong: either Team Earth, or Team V.

Team Earth has the following:
    • Krile (1 SB, 1 SSB, SheepMode, BSB, EnFire LMR): She's great for Team Fire, as she can start casting Fire spells with two boosts (SheepMode + EnFire), and her BSB extends EnFire. Her SheepMode grants a better Faithga and Hastega, so that's one part of Galuf's set accounted for.
    • Dorgaan (SSB, BSB): His SSB grants the same Boostga/Faithga as Galuf, and he grants Imperil Earth, which is exactly what Galuf wants. Even with Galuf using his USB to replace Dorgaan's BSB and get EnEarth, his BSB offers then a redundant Imperil (you want Earth to matter). He *can* go with Monk attacks, and not sure if also Earth Ninja Combo as well. In any case, Dorgaan shouldn't be replaced, as he's also the party Tank.
    • Faris (SB): She debuffs. 'Nuff said.
    • Bartz (SSB, BSB1, Water!BSB, OSB): The party's main hitter, but his specialty so far is Water, not Earth. If he had Earth!BSB, it'd be a lot better IMO.
    • Lenna (SB, SSB2, BSB): The party healer. 'Nuff said. Can also dabble in debuffing through Dances.

So, other than damage and Earth focus, Galuf doesn't offer anything exciting. Against a primarily magic-based foe, Galuf is worthless. Now, against a primarily physical foe, Galuf is excellent, since dualcast Monk means he can use Meteor Crush and Gaia's Rush to his fullest extent. Krile, however, has access to Bard 4, which means the ProShellga songs. It's tough, but the end result is either Krile or Galuf, and it'd be better if I had Bartz' Earth!BSB, because then I could focus the team on Earth shenanigans.

As for Team Earth...
    • Ingus (SSB, BSB2, Chain): He holds the Earth Chain, his BSB2 has Earth Radiant Shield, his SSB is a brutal Reverse Wall, and he offers Last Stand. He's not moving from his spot as Team Earth leader.
    • Dorgaan (SSB, BSB): Again, he's mostly here for secondary tanking and Imperil Earth. Since the team is mostly physical, that means no need for a Faithga, so his BSB bonus (+ATK/+DEF) fits nicely. Also, it makes Imperil Earth go faster.
    • Y'shtola (Wall SB, BSB): Fully dived, she's pretty much the designated healer. Moving on.
    • Tifa (SSB, BSB2, OSB): With her dive, she's the main damage dealer. She uses the Earth Monk abilities (Meteor Crush, Gaia Rush) until she goes with her BSB, and then spams Command 1 because it has a Ninja-like casting time, and her LM2 grants QC so it means near-IC levels of DPS. With two sources of Boostga, Crit =50% and the Earth Chain bonuses, she caps her Command 1, and with the speed, she murderizes anyone with her fists. So, as you can see, no option to change her.
    • Onion Knight (Blowback, pUSB, mUSB, BSB): All-around buffer, debuffer...you name it. He uses the Earth Ninja Combo to good measure, and since the party is primarily physical, his pUSB grants all you really need (50% Boostga, Hastega, Crit = 50%). No need to change him.

As you can see, only Dorgaan is somewhat redundant here, but if I were to change him for Galuf, then he'd be redundant with Tifa, unless he can make good use of Earth Ninja Combo, which then leaves Onion Knight with little to do, as Galuf offers what Onion's BSB already does. The other option is to replace Onion Knight, but then you lose on that pretty awesome pUSB, which is part of the reason he's there. Really, it's hard to pin Galuf there.

In both teams, he feels kinda redundant; in V, because Dorgaan + Krile offer what he offers with some extra access to skills (Black Magic, Summoning, Bard vs. Monk and Ninja), and in Team Earth because Tifa is already the team's Monk, and Onion Knight the team's Ninja. He's a solid choice with what he has, but nothing spectacular that can really take him out of the bench.

So...yeah, it's a great pull, but it's not as spectacular, particularly when I was aiming for a Chain or Paladin!Cecil's Wall, which is perfect for my Physical team with him as Wall provider and essentially the team Healer; with that and the upcoming Knight ability that heals allies, the team barely needs a healer, since every Knight ability provokes a decent Medica. I mean - Pally!Cecil, Basch, Marche...that sounds like a very dangerous physical Team Holy, don't you think?
    On Lawful Good:

30. - Top - End - #90

Did the wondrous draw (just so happened to have exactly 500 gems), went 1/11, got Sabin's fire stacking BSB. Eww.

I mean, not awful, but he's not making his way onto team Fire.

Now, decision decisions...
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ