The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 722232425262728293031323334 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

I decided to skip saving for the chain banner. Totally thought Aceís chain was Fire >.>

Did the T and 0 LotR. Got a BSB and Rem AASB, respectively.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

2. - Top - End - #932
    Titan in the Playground

And XV LotR is up. 1/3, disco ball, and...

... it's Noctis' Awakening. Huh.

I mean, on the one hand, meh, it's Noctis. On the other hand, unholy Hells, it's his Awakening. And unlike basically all of his kit so far, this one is actually decent, because it's elemental. Admittedly, on him it's not the most versatile - it's W-Cast for Fire, Earth, and Lightning, which means SAM (for Fire), HVY (for Earth), or DRG/CEL (for Lightning), since he doesn't really have a category with overlap on elements. Still, it's an Awakening on a character who is, relatively speaking, pretty potent. And technically, it is one with flexibility.

So, I'm very happy with this outcome.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

3. - Top - End - #933

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    And XV LotR is up. 1/3, disco ball, and...

... it's Noctis' Awakening. Huh.

I mean, on the one hand, meh, it's Noctis. On the other hand, unholy Hells, it's his Awakening. And unlike basically all of his kit so far, this one is actually decent, because it's elemental. Admittedly, on him it's not the most versatile - it's W-Cast for Fire, Earth, and Lightning, which means SAM (for Fire), HVY (for Earth), or DRG/CEL (for Lightning), since he doesn't really have a category with overlap on elements. Still, it's an Awakening on a character who is, relatively speaking, pretty potent. And technically, it is one with flexibility.

So, I'm very happy with this outcome.
    Nice! Real nice.

I got his elemental Arcane. Probably won't use him outside of Torment, not with what I currently have for him.

Speaking of Awakenings, I've been really lucky. Have Bartz (whaled for it), Tidus (got with 100 gems), Terra (did an 11-pull), Cloud, (whaled for it), Zidane (got it with Cloud), Seifer (daily draw), Rem (LotR), Rinoa (did an 11-pull), Celes (100 gems).

Between Rinoa and Terra, covers 6 outer elements for magic. Between most of the rest, covers 6 outer elements for physical. With Seifer, have Dark physical and magic. With Celes and Rem, have Holy physical and magic.

Huh, that's everything, now that I look at it. At least for Awakenings. Have at least 1 chain for every element except Fire and Holy. Not a coincidence, haven't beaten Manticore, Ark, or Deathgaze (also Syldra and Adamantoise, but I'm certain I could without much difficulty, just haven't farmed my way around the wheel yet).

Speaking of farming, have 11/16 down and more or less fully farmed. Decks are finally starting to fill out.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP. Looking at the upcoming fest, we can buy 5 Gigas Armlets! One of my greatest regrets at restarting this game was the loss of 3 (iirc) Gigas Armlets. Now... doesn't really matter.

However, I still am down that 6* accessory from beating Omega back in the day.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-09-12 at 04:10 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

4. - Top - End - #934
    Titan in the Playground

And the next LotR, XIV! 1/3, disco ball...

Minfilia's Hastega USB. A dupe.

Ah, well, at least I got 50 lenses from it.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

5. - Top - End - #935

And the next LotR, XIV! 1/3, disco ball...

Minfilia's Hastega USB. A dupe.

Ah, well, at least I got 50 lenses from it.
    Bummer :(

How are people faring on the II dream? My II offense is weak, was trying to bring some off realm dakka, not going super well.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

6. - Top - End - #936
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Bummer :(

How are people faring on the II dream? My II offense is weak, was trying to bring some off realm dakka, not going super well.
    Managed to dominate the first and second, can barely scrape the third.

Fact is, my II coverage is crap. I have a USB for Leon, a Brave for Firion, and a USB for Minwu - that's basically it. I'm tempted to blow some lenses on Maria, because otherwise all I have for her is a BSB, and I have more or less nothing for anyone else. (I think I have some SSBs, and Hilda's USB maybe?)

So abilities basically covered the deficit for me. But even good ability coverage won't help with the third one. Unless maybe I got some new 6-stars...

7. - Top - End - #937
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

180: stomped
    260: rough near the end
    350: haven't tried yet

LOTR has been all new but nothing really standout aside from Alph's wind chain.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Titan in the Playground

Well, the XIII LotR is up. 1/3, rainbow, Raines' LMR. Not the En-Dark one, that would be useful - no, this is the "increase duration of buffs" one. So I thought to myself, "Huh. So, is this useful?" Well, situationally, but mostly no. He doesn't have the WHT to use even ProShellga. If you have his BSB, it should boost the MAG/DEF party buff, which is nice. And several of his other SBs to give him a MAG boost. But other than that? No, not really. It's absurdly niche.

Fortunately, I do have his BSB. So, were I to use him as my Faithga guy on a Dark MAG team, that might be a benefit. But honestly...? No. This was crap.

At least he gets a +MAG mastery bonus.

EDIT: And XII. 1/3, rainbow, Fran's funny hat LMR. Thankfully not the crappy "SUPs may cause Interrupt when wielding a bow" one - which I sadly already have - but the "quick cast 3 at start" one. Which is still basically rubbish, but at least it's new.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2019-09-14 at 08:24 PM.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Bugbear in the Playground

I've been keeping up with events (barely - I missed the last crystal tower) - life has just been busy enough that I don't have much time for FFRK, luckily though I've had enough of a stock pile for the 5 for 3s.

I continued the tradition of lucking into daily's that were themed with the event running, this time grabbing Fujin's glint - not sure if I'll use it much but useful for later down the road.

T0 - Queen OSB. I thoguht I had this already when I pulled her EnDark LMR - but I had her confused with the dark dragoon from XV - now I have EnDark+OSB.
    XV - Notics USB - Still need a solid Medica but at least he's a little stronger now
    XIV - Thancred LMR
    XIII - Fang AOSB
    XII - Ashe Awakening! - I think my sub 30 auto farm team might be strong enough to move up to Kraken. My second awakening meaning I'm very zappy happy.

10. - Top - End - #940

Asheís Awakening! Amazing. That pretty much by itself should dominate Kraken (obv), Tiamat, and Marilis, thanks to Voltech.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

11. - Top - End - #941

Asheís Awakening! Amazing. That pretty much by itself should dominate Kraken (obv), Tiamat, and Marilis, thanks to Voltech.
    You know - I didn't even think of it as multi-element coverage - I really needed the water coverage too - thanks for point that out to me.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPanda View Post
    You know - I didn't even think of it as multi-element coverage - I really needed the water coverage too - thanks for point that out to me.
    Oh yeah. Pretty much anyone with an Awakening and access to a multi-element attack can work for that gimmick. For example, Terra's Awakening (a Fire Awakening) means that Meltdown covers you for Fire, Earth, and perhaps most uncommonly, Wind; likewise, her SMN access means it also works for Valigarmanda, giving Fire, Ice, and Lightning coverage.

Oh, and Ashe has SMN access, too. Just saying.

Speaking of, Ashe is your second Awakening? Who was your first?

In other news, the XI LotR is up, and there's no sense in getting off this train now. Woo-hoo, 2/3, both discos! Survey says: Jadagna, Aphmau's USB, which is a dupe. And Jadagna, Aphmau's USB, which is a dupe.

You raised my hopes and dashed them brilliantly, FFRK.

13. - Top - End - #943

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPanda View Post
    My pleasure!
    Oh yeah. Pretty much anyone with an Awakening and access to a multi-element attack can work for that gimmick. For example, Terra's Awakening (a Fire Awakening) means that Meltdown covers you for Fire, Earth, and perhaps most uncommonly, Wind; likewise, her SMN access means it also works for Valigarmanda, giving Fire, Ice, and Lightning coverage.

In other news, the XI LotR is up, and there's no sense in getting off this train now. Woo-hoo, 2/3, both discos! Survey says: Jadagna, Aphmau's USB, which is a dupe. And Jadagna, Aphmau's USB, which is a dupe.

Dang. Lenses at least.

And excellent call on the Sum. So yeah, Ashe has Lit, Ice, Water, Fire. Terra has Fire, Earth, Wind, Ice, Lit.

Ironically, I forgot to mention the Sum thing but Terra is an integral component of my auto Typhon team.

Also, got Imperial Shadow sub 30. Took a good few tries. Ultimately got it with Zidane AASB, Zack CSB, Ignis BSB, Minwu doing almost nothing (got off Shellga and Curada), and Hilda doing almost nothing (got off SG, Dispel, maybe 1 Warriorís Hymn).
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

14. - Top - End - #944
    Titan in the Playground

So, X LotR is up, and there's a lot of potential for goodies in there.

It's 1/3... It's a disco ball... It's Tidus' disco ball... It's...

Tidus' Chain.

I mean, on the one hand, it's a 99-chain, which already feels dated. (By way of comparison, I already have Strago's 150-chain.)

But on the other hand, I really do need a PHY Water chain. My Maliris team hasn't yet quite taken off, and I hope to change that. This could do it. More than that, it's an untyped chain - unlike Strago's, which is a MAG boost, Tidus' chain doesn't have a boost type, instead just giving the party Quick Cast 2. Not that a MAG boost is bad, but this guarantees that a PHY team actually gets some benefit beyond the chain itself. It's especially good on my X team, which is currently a PHY/MAG mix.

So... pretty happy with that, actually.

15. - Top - End - #945

My First awakening was Shantoto Awakening last fest - explaining how Geo fell previously (though not Sub 30 last time I fought him).

XI lucky - Aphmau's BSB - new, had her USB.
    X Lucky - Lulu enIce LMR - eh, its new but I really don't have anything for her to make her a worthy team member for X or Ice.

In my (mostly) auto Kraken sub 30 set up Toto's Awakening is far superior in raw damage output to Ashe's though Ashe's follow up isn't bad - of course Toto also has more relics (more master bonuses), more crystal waters, more Magica Crystal points, and better gear. Of course with Ashe getting such nice coverage from her Awakening she'll likely wind up queen of magic damage in the end.

16. - Top - End - #946

Tidus chain! Nice. I got Seymourís. I may never use it. Probably never use it. But my Seymour is getting a good few relics...

Itís interesting how you think youíll never use someone, then 1 or 2 relics and bam, on one of your main teams.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

17. - Top - End - #947
    Ogre in the Playground

Well someone had to whiff on the X banner, guess it was me this time. 1/3 Wakka BSB1.

Granted I did pull Yuna's White Magic DC LMR from the daily yesterday too so...
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

18. - Top - End - #948
    Titan in the Playground

So I thought Tidus' chain would help me with Maliris... and I was right! First time clear, sub30!

Of course, it also helps that I broke down and got Sapphire Bullet. And ironically, Rikku was the only one alive after that final blast. And amusingly, I ran out of Sapphire Shots so I had to give Wakka a Blue Deep. But I got the job done.

I should probably swap Wakka out for, say, Bartz, but I don't have adequate Water SPB coverage. Which would require more rubies. Which is another project when I finish clearing 4-star Magicites.

19. - Top - End - #949

Sorry about the bum pull Antonok :(

And nice progress Red Fel!

I just read JP got a perma gem CSB select banner. We should get it in 1.5-2 months, assuming we get it at the same point.

Definitely spending $30 on this game.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

20. - Top - End - #950
    Titan in the Playground

So, a disco ball for Tidus? Good. A chain for Tidus? Very good.

Tonight, IX, 1/3. A disco ball? Good. A disco ball for Zidane? Very good.

An Awakening for Zidane? Heh heh heh...

Oh. Oh, there will be murder. Glorious thievery and murder. Please excuse me while I avenge myself upon all Earth-element content.

21. - Top - End - #951

So, a disco ball for Tidus? Good. A chain for Tidus? Very good.

Tonight, IX, 1/3. A disco ball? Good. A disco ball for Zidane? Very good.

An Awakening for Zidane? Heh heh heh...

Oh. Oh, there will be murder. Glorious thievery and murder. Please excuse me while I avenge myself upon all Earth-element content.
    Yay!!!!

Iím happy for you. Zidaneís AASB while tranced gives insane dps. Insane. Instant cast Thief, double cast Thief. Oh and self heal so your healer can just bite the dust. So good. So good.

Edit: not just Wind weak content. If you have an Imperiler, which could be Zidane himself, you can own like anything not immune to wind.

Even if you donít, you can still own almost anything as long as itís not immune. So good.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-09-18 at 12:51 AM.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Titan in the Playground

Yay!!!!

Iím happy for you. Zidaneís AASB while tranced gives insane dps. Insane. Instant cast Thief, double cast Thief. Oh and self heal so your healer can just bite the dust. So good. So good.

Edit: not just Wind weak content. If you have an Imperiler, which could be Zidane himself, you can own like anything not immune to wind.

Even if you donít, you can still own almost anything as long as itís not immune. So good.
    Technically, it's even better than that.

His Awakening is Awaken Thief. While the SB deals Wind damage and includes En-Wind, it triggers off of any THF abilities. While Storm Assault is definitely one such option, that list also includes Poison Leaves for Bio damage, and Soul Burn, Heat Bite, and Fire Assault for Fire damage. They still benefit from the Ability Boost and W-cast, as well as the increased SB charge.

So he's also technically useful on a Fire team. Maybe not as useful as someone with a Fire-focused Awakening, but still technically useful.

EDIT: And VIII LotR. 1/3, disco - Quistis' OSB. OSBs are still a thing, apparently. The status ailments are useless, but at least it's +Bio. For all the good that does.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2019-09-18 at 08:07 PM.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ogre in the Playground

VIII draw is up:

2/3 both rainbows.

Seifer's enDark start LMR, and Ultimecia's DC LMR.

Seifer's will get some use. I have nothing else for Ulti tho.

Edit: IX draw yesterday was Zidane's OSB. Only benefit it has is the gyshal greens effect.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2019-09-18 at 08:12 PM.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

24. - Top - End - #954

Technically, it's even better than that.

His Awakening is Awaken Thief. While the SB deals Wind damage and includes En-Wind, it triggers off of any THF abilities. While Storm Assault is definitely one such option, that list also includes Poison Leaves for Bio damage, and Soul Burn, Heat Bite, and Fire Assault for Fire damage. They still benefit from the Ability Boost and W-cast, as well as the increased SB charge.

So he's also technically useful on a Fire team. Maybe not as useful as someone with a Fire-focused Awakening, but still technically useful.

EDIT: And VIII LotR. 1/3, disco - Quistis' OSB. OSBs are still a thing, apparently. The status ailments are useless, but at least it's +Bio. For all the good that does.
    Ooohhhh I left out a key key key detail. I use it with Ignis BSB and Zack CSB. Right, absolutely, you get more mileage out of it than just Wind, but the 100% crit and double extra crit damage (I read they stacked) with chain is going to give you that nuts dps whichíll take down things you normally wouldnít.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

25. - Top - End - #955
    Titan in the Playground

Ooohhhh I left out a key key key detail. I use it with Ignis BSB and Zack CSB. Right, absolutely, you get more mileage out of it than just Wind, but the 100% crit and double extra crit damage (I read they stacked) with chain is going to give you that nuts dps whichíll take down things you normally wouldnít.
    Hmm... I mean, his W-Cast Wind LMR is in the Lens shop... Hmm...

In other news, took Isgebind down today! First time, sub30! Still don't have a good Chain for it - I have Locke and Gil, but for obvious reasons I did this MAG instead of PHY - and I was a bit short on Imperils, but I made it, barely. That takes care of the outer six 4-stars, now it's time for Holy and Dark. Progress!

26. - Top - End - #956

Hmm... I mean, his W-Cast Wind LMR is in the Lens shop... Hmm...

In other news, took Isgebind down today! First time, sub30! Still don't have a good Chain for it - I have Locke and Gil, but for obvious reasons I did this MAG instead of PHY - and I was a bit short on Imperils, but I made it, barely. That takes care of the outer six 4-stars, now it's time for Holy and Dark. Progress!
    Yay! Evraeíll really up your game. I mean when you have 2 farmed up.

For me, Iím going to break from farming to just beat the remaining 5*s. Super close, then Iíll go back and farm.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

27. - Top - End - #957
    Titan in the Playground

VII LotR is up. 1/3, Aerith's Innocent Cure USB, one of the best healing USBs in the game! ... and a dupe.

At least we've got a new event up. Good opportunity to farm a bit more mythril. And a new Dreams means more rubies, which I could really use...

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ogre in the Playground

VII draw is up!

1/3 Rainbow - Tifa's Glint. Useless as I have nothing for her.

Heavily debating about skipping the rest of these

Steam Profile

29. - Top - End - #959
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    VII draw is up!

1/3 Rainbow - Tifa's Glint. Useless as I have nothing for her.

Heavily debating about skipping the rest of these
    I mean, there are only six left. That's 30 mythril for six guaranteed relics. Maybe not good ones, but guaranteed. Unless you're strapped for mythril, it's still a better deal than Fest.

Or, frankly, the three Lucky Draws that inevitably precede Fest.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ogre in the Playground

VI draw is up.

1/3 Edgar lmr dupe.

Steam Profile