New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

So new stuffs to delve into! Firstly the Labs update I picked up Elarra's USB. Also did 2 of the renewed Realm draws using 15 mithril and the free ticket.

VII (Ticket): 2/11 both Discos

Zack Glint+ - Ohh yeah. Wind team gets even better! Instant 2 stack imperil with no cost!
    Red XIII USB1 - This is what my torment team was missing I think. Will have to test it later.

III: 3/11 1 Rainbow, 2 Disco

CoD BSB2
    Refia USB (dupe)
    OK AASB!!!!!

Edit: On the new Trials book draw I got 1/3 Zacks BSB so he gets even better with another +10 attack.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2019-10-23 at 09:07 AM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    So new stuffs to delve into! Firstly the Labs update I picked up Elarra's USB. Also did 2 of the renewed Realm draws using 15 mithril and the free ticket.

VII (Ticket): 2/11 both Discos

Zack Glint+ - Ohh yeah. Wind team gets even better! Instant 2 stack imperil with no cost!
    Red XIII USB1 - This is what my torment team was missing I think. Will have to test it later.

III: 3/11 1 Rainbow, 2 Disco

CoD BSB2
    Refia USB (dupe)
    OK AASB!!!!!

Edit: On the new Trials book draw I got 1/3 Zacks BSB so he gets even better with another +10 attack.
    Nice all around!

I did s couple pulls. Will do more. So far...

100 gems on Wind banner, got Zack Glint+, very pleased.

XIII: Hope USB, Hope LMR (3 quick cast), Vanille USB. Very pleased.

IV: junk

T: junk
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ogre in the Playground

So, new toys, time to try some 5* magicite again.

Start with the easy: Behemoth King down in 32 seconds.

Spoiler: Party
    Show

Galuf - Lifesiphon/Gaia Rush - CSB
    Shelke - Entrust bot
    Elarra - Hastega/Mage's Hymn - USB1 - LMR
    OK - Chain Stonega - AASB
    Alphy - Protectga/Titan - AASB

For some reason I could of sworn Elarra's USB had last stand on it so I had a bit of a learning adjustment there. But ultimately, easy clear.

Trying to decide who to take on next. Thinking Mateus since I have Terra's AASB.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Troll in the Playground

With the Record Labs getting some new loot, what are your plans for Anima Lenses? While there's none of the more recent powercreep (save Reno's basic Lightning Chain, which IIRC got added in), there's still a lot of the good stuff there.

Me, I plan for:
    • Godwall: No need to explain who gets it. Even if Wall has recently gotten sidelined, it's still a wonderful suite of buffs.
    • Elarra's Magika Album: while I have Rosa's version, which I can both a) Wrath and b) complement with her USB1, Elarra has that sweet sweet mini-Medica effect, plus her Last Stand BSB, so that should make her a prim and proper healer.
    • Basch's Crystal Shield: if you're not aware, this is the clone of the RikkUltra I've been hunting before (Boostga, Faithga, Protectga, Shellga and Hastega). While I already have the original, this serves a variety of purposes. The principal one is to provide a buff suite for Team XII, which can be easily accessed through Lifesiphon. Second, it's a way to get the RikkUltra without having to use Rikku on certain teams. Finally...well, this is more for a theme, but this is the final piece I need to complete the Brothers in Pain team (Ramza, Marche, Pally Cecil, THUNDER GOD and Basch), since he can provide the much-needed buff suite while also keeping a Holy focus. Speaking of which...
    • Basch's Holy Lance: it's from the first batch, but it's a way for him to contribute. With Divine Cross, he can tank (if circumstances allow), and the BSB grants Retaliate and a way to deal Holy damage, so he can enter a Holy team quite easily.
    • Laguna's Presidential Clothes: IIRC, this is his LMR, the one that grants a chance to Imperil Ice when using Machinist abilities. For obvious reasons, this allows him to be as effective as Balthier on Team Ice, what with absolutely murdering the enemy's resistance to Ice. With his Ultra already purchased, he can also be very effective for Team VIII, since both Squall and Rinoa are strongly Ice-themed.

After that...it's probably choosing on a whim. The addition of various USBs means I can complement some teams that might be relatively weak (say, creating an effective team Magic Earth, or actually making any of the Wind teams effective).

Also, as a minor addendum: Mog has access to 5* WHM now, and access to 6* for Heavy Physical and Dancer has been unlocked. We should get an insanely brutal 6* Dancer skill soon enough: Passion(ate) Salsa, which grants Full Break (or is it Hyper Break) and tags along a minor Medica. Perfect for people like Cait Sith or Echo, who have LM(R)s that grant a chance of minor Medica on Dances, and also for the few ones that grant W-Cast Dance.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

5. - Top - End - #1025

So, new toys, time to try some 5* magicite again.

Start with the easy: Behemoth King down in 32 seconds.

Spoiler: Party
    Show

Galuf - Lifesiphon/Gaia Rush - CSB
    Shelke - Entrust bot
    Elarra - Hastega/Mage's Hymn - USB1 - LMR
    OK - Chain Stonega - AASB
    Alphy - Protectga/Titan - AASB

For some reason I could of sworn Elarra's USB had last stand on it so I had a bit of a learning adjustment there. But ultimately, easy clear.

Trying to decide who to take on next. Thinking Mateus since I have Terra's AASB.
    Grats on the win! I have a... sorta similar team.

Maybe the last stand thing was due to Aerith's? Dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    With the Record Labs getting some new loot, what are your plans for Anima Lenses? While there's none of the more recent powercreep (save Reno's basic Lightning Chain, which IIRC got added in), there's still a lot of the good stuff there.

Me, I plan for:
    • Godwall: No need to explain who gets it. Even if Wall has recently gotten sidelined, it's still a wonderful suite of buffs.
    • Elarra's Magika Album: while I have Rosa's version, which I can both a) Wrath and b) complement with her USB1, Elarra has that sweet sweet mini-Medica effect, plus her Last Stand BSB, so that should make her a prim and proper healer.
    • Basch's Crystal Shield: if you're not aware, this is the clone of the RikkUltra I've been hunting before (Boostga, Faithga, Protectga, Shellga and Hastega). While I already have the original, this serves a variety of purposes. The principal one is to provide a buff suite for Team XII, which can be easily accessed through Lifesiphon. Second, it's a way to get the RikkUltra without having to use Rikku on certain teams. Finally...well, this is more for a theme, but this is the final piece I need to complete the Brothers in Pain team (Ramza, Marche, Pally Cecil, THUNDER GOD and Basch), since he can provide the much-needed buff suite while also keeping a Holy focus. Speaking of which...
    • Basch's Holy Lance: it's from the first batch, but it's a way for him to contribute. With Divine Cross, he can tank (if circumstances allow), and the BSB grants Retaliate and a way to deal Holy damage, so he can enter a Holy team quite easily.
    • Laguna's Presidential Clothes: IIRC, this is his LMR, the one that grants a chance to Imperil Ice when using Machinist abilities. For obvious reasons, this allows him to be as effective as Balthier on Team Ice, what with absolutely murdering the enemy's resistance to Ice. With his Ultra already purchased, he can also be very effective for Team VIII, since both Squall and Rinoa are strongly Ice-themed.

After that...it's probably choosing on a whim. The addition of various USBs means I can complement some teams that might be relatively weak (say, creating an effective team Magic Earth, or actually making any of the Wind teams effective).

Also, as a minor addendum: Mog has access to 5* WHM now, and access to 6* for Heavy Physical and Dancer has been unlocked. We should get an insanely brutal 6* Dancer skill soon enough: Passion(ate) Salsa, which grants Full Break (or is it Hyper Break) and tags along a minor Medica. Perfect for people like Cait Sith or Echo, who have LM(R)s that grant a chance of minor Medica on Dances, and also for the few ones that grant W-Cast Dance.
    Looks good!

Hmm. I don't have anything I'm dying for to get from the lens shop. I'll grab things as I get them. At this time I only have 1 5* Magicite left, and I imagine that's how it'll be for a while. Holy Chain would help tremendously.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Bugbear in the Playground

I splurged on a IV realm draw (hoping once more for Rydia Awakening)

2/11 both disco, one dupe.
    Dupe Porom USB
    New Ursula USB

Book of Trials X draw gave me Xezat imperil Ice burst - don't remember what I selected from the other list (probably wasn't important).

I chose to spend my ticket on a XII pull, hoping for a better healing relic for Penelo, I did not get that but...

3 discos, all new.

Ashe OSB - to go with her Chase USB and Awakening
    Vaan Brave USB - to go with his nice LMRs and his BSB
    Vayne Awakening! Magic Sword (attack primary) with +Dark bonus - Magic/Physical property (so he'd work for both teams when I get there magicite wise) self buff Atk/Def OR Mag/Def, EnDark and awakening mode keys of Darkness abilities (physics /magical). Previously my only relic for him was his OSB.

Not what I wanted but not bad.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

These Realm pulls... Did a pull on VIII, 2/11 both Discos

Irvine USB - Bit useless tbh.
    Laguna CSB!!! - Gen2 Ice chain!!!

Ice Chain was the top want since all I had was Snows. Now I have a csb on an inperiler.

Steam Profile

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPanda View Post
    I chose to spend my ticket on a XII pull, hoping for a better healing relic for Penelo, I did not get that but...

3 discos, all new.

Ashe OSB - to go with her Chase USB and Awakening
    Vaan Brave USB - to go with his nice LMRs and his BSB
    Vayne Awakening! Magic Sword (attack primary) with +Dark bonus - Magic/Physical property (so he'd work for both teams when I get there magicite wise) self buff Atk/Def OR Mag/Def, EnDark and awakening mode keys of Darkness abilities (physics /magical). Previously my only relic for him was his OSB.

Not what I wanted but not bad.

Ice Chain was the top want since all I had was Snows. Now I have a csb on an inperiler.
    Congrats on both pulls! Unless it's for a character you're absolutely sure you won't use, ever, any Awakening or Chain is definitely a plus. (Tell that to me; even if I don't have him at 99, I've seen some use for Prompto, and I think he might have a set-up that makes him the Lightning version of Balthier and/or Laguna.)

My free pull from Book X gave me 1/3, one Rainbow, and no dupes.
    • Yuffie's Spiral Shuriken! Being a focused draw, this is her BSB, but it's an imperil Water BSB. To make it even MORE specific, a PHYSICAL Imperil Water BSB, whcih is great because that makes my Team Physical Water even more complete. Yuffie already gets in because of her Glint (+Ninja damage), her AOSB and her Ninja abilities giving her a different form of Water damage (with Tidus using Sharpshooter and Bartz using Spellblade). Only thing I need is a proper Water Chain to have a properly set-up team (Arc does very well as a healer, and if not bound by Physical boundaries, also contributes to the chain with his Chaser USB), and the last one can be a buffer or maybe even a debuffer.

No idea what to choose for the free relic, but I have a few ideas:
    • Gabranth: He's already in because of his Dark Chain, his ability to use WHM, Darkness and Heavy, and now his Brave USB, so fitting him with what seems to be the only Physical Imperil Dark ability would make him essentially invaluable. Seifer also has a chain, so there's that.
    • Krile: Team Magic Fire has one anchor (Fire Goddess Terra, natch), but very little else to work with. Sure, there's Potato, and Vincent has a source of Fire RShield alongside with the ability to go either way, but as things go, there's no Fire Chain and no magic Imperil Fire. Krile can correct that.
    • Barbie: you probably figured the pattern, but here's the deal; Fujin's Imperil Wind BSB isn't part of the selection (why!?), so Barbie is choice #2. Fujin can focus on Wind Ninja magic and Alphi can focus on Wind Summon magic, so Barbie can focus on Wind Black Magic proper and deal with it. On the other hand...isn't the free relic choice supposed to have all Imperil BSBs? Why Fujin was skipped like that...?
    • Team Magic Ice, Team Magic Earth: to finish the pattern. And for your info: no, I don't consider usiing Serah at all, so don't even think about it.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.

9. - Top - End - #1029

Ooohhh I’m jelly. Been wanting that. Can’t auto Syldra atm.

100 gemmed Cinque AASB. My third relic for her (AASB, BSB, LMR).
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Troll in the Playground

Since there's the new Realm/Elemental Ticket (which seems to be exclusive to Global, or so I heard from Reddit), I decided now that I claimed it to make a pull on the renewed banners. And of course, as is custom, I did it on FFVI.

Result? 2/11, TWO DISCOS, but one dupe.

• Cyan's Riot Blade. The dupe. This is his Ultra, which grants major Retaliate (i.e., 120% with Retaliate counters) and +50% Crit dmg, alongside EnFire. Not enough to let him play with the big guys, considering both Greg and Auron have their chains. Also, not a +Fire weapon.
    • Strago's Guise! This is his OSB, which does have +Water. This one is a dual element OSB (Water/Earth) and its damage booster depends on hitting weakness, which is pretty decent. Water and Earth are rarely elements that oppose each other, anyways.

Fair, but nothing incredibly amazing. So, I say - hey, what if I do the discount pull for 15 Mythril?

1/11, ONE DISCO, and no dupes!

• Terra's D...

Oh. Oh goodness. I so wanna cry. What confusion. Such conflict. Much wow.

• Terra's Durandal!!! If I had gained this several months ago, I would have gone all over this thread screamling COMPLETE WAIFU! COMPLETE WAIFU! ...Sadly, while it's one piece of the collection I so dearly want to complete, my beloved bae has decided to diversify her almighty powers into Wind, of which I have...exactly 0 relics related. Thus, while my beloved lady is the absolute master of the Fire element, she has nothing related to her Wind element, and this is why it hurts; because now I have to hunt for her Wind relics, so that I may one day say that I have a complete waifu. Which means that, when I finally do it...she'll unleash her Synchro, which is the bee's knees because OMG OSB ON COMMAND.

So there's that. Even if not a dupe, I still lack a complete waifu. Send your energies so that Fire Goddess Terra can finally evolve into Fire/Wind (Explosion?) Goddess Terra.
    Last edited by T.G. Oskar; 2019-10-28 at 05:51 AM.
    On Lawful Good:

11. - Top - End - #1031

Grats on one step closer to waifu completion!

I was considering Cinque’s AASB. Doesn’t give double cast. Break 2 on Heavy, focused on Earth. But with her USB, you get +2 Heavy charges every time she uses a Heavy. Thus with the new 6*, 10% Imperil and tons of damage every single turn. Pretty dang good.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Titan in the Playground

So, on a whim I did a 1-pull on the new VI banner, and now I have Gau's Awakening.

And I'm... not sure how I feel about it.

I mean, on the one hand, it turns him into a highly effective Celerity blender, with 0CT CEL abilities, En-Wind, and W-Cast CEL. And it allows him to perform double-duty with non-elemental attacks thanks to 0CT CMB and W-Cast CMB. And this jives nicely with his kit, which on full dive gives you W-Cast chance on CEL and CMB by default.

But on the other hand... CMB is still the worst. Just the worst. Non-elemental is really, really not a thing except against bosses who resist everything, and even then, you just bring a ton of Imperils. And there are a lot of Wind options out there, even before you get into Awakenings. Finally, he just doesn't seem to fit into a VI team - the big element of the cast is Fire, with a few others touched on. I can easily form a competent VI Fire team with Terra, Locke, and Cyan without even trying; I could swap in others if I had better SBs for them. But Wind? I mean, there's Locke, but he doesn't support it SB-wise. And Terra's got some SB stuff, but it's still not quite her focus. And that's kinda it, really.

I mean, I'm happy about this. I'm going to find a use for it. Maybe a Magicite team? (Probably not. I mean, who would he replace, Cloud?)
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2019-11-01 at 10:16 AM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

13. - Top - End - #1033

Grats on the Awakening!

I feel ya though. I’ve taken a gander at a good few AASBs and I think... I wouldn’t even field them. On the one hand, we have realm chains. On the other hand, several realms have a strong elemental focus. On the other other hand, some realms have a complete lack of elemental focus, yet still have an imperiler, thus the imperiling does next to 0 good.

Edit: oh yeah, the new login bonuses is *huge*. 2 free realm pulls per months. I’ll keep whaling on XIII until I get at least some of the crap I chased.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-11-01 at 01:51 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    So, on a whim I did a 1-pull on the new VI banner, and now I have Gau's Awakening.

And I'm... not sure how I feel about it.

I mean, on the one hand, it turns him into a highly effective Celerity blender, with 0CT CEL abilities, En-Wind, and W-Cast CEL. And it allows him to perform double-duty with non-elemental attacks thanks to 0CT CMB and W-Cast CMB. And this jives nicely with his kit, which on full dive gives you W-Cast chance on CEL and CMB by default.

But on the other hand... CMB is still the worst. Just the worst. Non-elemental is really, really not a thing except against bosses who resist everything, and even then, you just bring a ton of Imperils. And there are a lot of Wind options out there, even before you get into Awakenings. Finally, he just doesn't seem to fit into a VI team - the big element of the cast is Fire, with a few others touched on. I can easily form a competent VI Fire team with Terra, Locke, and Cyan without even trying; I could swap in others if I had better SBs for them. But Wind? I mean, there's Locke, but he doesn't support it SB-wise. And Terra's got some SB stuff, but it's still not quite her focus. And that's kinda it, really.

I mean, I'm happy about this. I'm going to find a use for it. Maybe a Magicite team? (Probably not. I mean, who would he replace, Cloud?)
    How about Lightning? Or W-Cast Omega Drive and Full Charge? You can also W-Cast and even T-Cast Lifesiphon, meaning you can unload a metric crap-ton of SBs if you have them...which isn't exactly what you're looking for, but hey - it's ideas, right? Anyways, you should consider Team Lightning for Gau, particularly if you have a Chain (Reno's basic Chain?), since Celerity has a focus on Lightning damage as well.

Anyways...Banner 2 is here, and you know what it means! Now that Terra, my beloved, is the undisputable Fire Goddess (because I got all her Fire relics), it's time to get her Wind relics to turn her into the Explosion Goddess. So, with enough Mythril for up to 2 pulls, and with a Banner that's 2G5* at least, what's there to lose?

First Pull: 2/11, ONE DISCO, and no dupes! Sounds promising...
    • Celes' Platinum Shield! This is her LMR which grants her EnIce at the beginning. Hmm...ok.
    • Celes' Guise! This is her USB2, which combines EnIce, Grand Cross and QC on the use of Ice abilities. Unlike her other USB, which grants Ability Double on Spellblade abilities, this one focuses on combining offense and defense, even if Celes lacks native W-Cast SPB (instead requiring a LMR for it). That said, you can still pop-up a W-Cast RM for Spellblade and call it a day. Also: Light Armor with +Ice and an Attack boost - not bad!

...so, alright - not bad, but nothing for Bae. So, claiming my stuff to complete another 50 Myth, I do a revenge pull! This time, I should at least get ONE relic, right? RIGHT?
    Second Pull: 2/11, ONE DISCO, and no dupes! ...Wait, again? What are the odds...
    • Celes' Round Shield! This is her Glint, which grants a temporary boost to Critical Hit chance of 100% and QC for all abilities. It only lasts 2 turns, so make it count! That said, it's a pretty solid boost, particularly if you have a way to maximize damage.
    • Celes' Icebrand! This...is her Awakening. No, seriously. Remember what I said about "100% Crit chance does wonders if you can do tons of damage"? Well, GUESS WHAT!? Ice and Holy abilities get Awakened, plus a level 3 boost to their damage. Did I mention I got her EnIce LMR? So, make the count - EnIce, 100% Crit chance, and Awakening. You know what that means for Squall - or rather, poor Ayame, who was already playing second fiddle.

Really - if I had received her Ice Chain, she would have turned into Ice Goddess instantly. Though, she can also do some brutal Holy damage with Awakening + 100% Crit chance, but...seriously? Celes already has her man (Locke), for goodness sakes! Why do she suddenly showers me with items and I get nothing for my Bae!?

Talk about a conundrum. And first-world problems...
    On Lawful Good:

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

So, hey, I don't know if you knew, but there's a free 40-draw. So, yeah, you know I'm gonna.

7/40, three rainbows, four discos:
    • Firion's LMR: Chance to W-Cast SAM. Useful, but a dupe.
    • Leo's LMR: +Damage when Sword is equipped. Not bad, but I have nothing for him.
    • Sabin's Glint: Quickcast MNK and MNK Ability Boost. Really nice, but I have nothing for him.
    • Balthier's OSB: OSBs have come and gone. Also, dupe.
    • Kuja's Brave USB: Really neat, but Doom 30s for the entire party is kinda dumb.
    • Quina's USB: Boostga, Hastega, ProShellga. This is a really great all-around USB.
    • Vayne's USB: Nice attack with En-Dark and Dark chaser.

Free is good. This haul was good. I am happy.

You know, there's also a free 11-draw for this Valkyrie collab. Why the heck not? Alas, only two rainbows.
    • Book of Spells: Shared SSB book, AoE Dark MAG.
    • Million Terrors: Shared SSB staff, AoE Holy MAG with Dispel.

Cute.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

16. - Top - End - #1036

Was completed surprised to see the sudden and unexpected freebies.

Free shared SSB pulls"
    Book w/ Dark Damage - okay
    Bow w/ Ice damage and stone-skin - Respectable, especially for realms/events where I lack a good healer relic.

Last week I pulled a Maria LMR from daily draw, start battle with En-Earth. Nice.

And the main event, unexpected, unplanned, free 40 pull:

Rainbow: Gilgamesh LMR, Chance for Samurai to Trigger Twice - Nice.
    Rainbow: Arc Glint - Reduce delay of SMN ability and SMN ether. - Very respectable.
    Disco: General Leo USB 10 Earth/Holy. +Atk/Def to party, Knight+ to self, + Knight Chase. - Potentially very nice.
    Disco: Kuja Arcane Overstrike.
    Disco: Eiko USB
    Disco: Sephiroth Awakening! (Darkness just became hands down my strongest element as I pulled Vayne's Awakening recently too) 15x Dark/NE hits. EnDark, and Awaken Mode.

Current Record Keeper goals: Keep up with events and power up my newly acquired Pheonix and Belias magicites. I poked my head against Chimera (5* Magic fire team fight) and I was underwhelmed with my team's abilities despite having a strong team on paper. Couldn't keep up with damage incoming or dish out enough outgoing).

17. - Top - End - #1037

RedWizardGuy

Hey guys, it's been some time. I've fallen behind on the game, but still playing and doing my pulls. Mostly the 15 mythril and the occasional free ones, like today's.

My 40 pull was just 2/40, but got me Rude's (VII) USB and Sarah's (l) Brave USB. Sarah has DC white on Dive, not bad, and the BUSB can offer IC to party on lvl 3. Rude has a decent Glint, Proshellga with major Regen ain't bad, and with the ability to put a 30% HP shield on party from USB after 3 attacks, it sounds pretty handy.

The collaboration gave me 3 relics, all damage + effect: 1) +30% atk/mag to party; 2) more damage to Dark weak enemies; 3) +critical damage, and the weapon has +fire damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

18. - Top - End - #1038

Yay free pulls! And that Sephy AASB is super nice.

I went 8/40 much to my surprise. 5 discos no less. However, didn’t really get anything I’ll use. Dupes, no chain, no awakening.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Troll in the Playground

Oh right, the free 40-Draw that everybody thought it'd replace the Black Friday Draw, which everyone suspects it'll be the 11x10 draw. (That is, JPN got during their Golden Week, which generally correlates to Global during Black Friday, a set of ten free 11-pull draws, or something like that.) That seems like fun. Let's see what the Daily Draw gives first...

Huzzah! It's a Rainbow!
    • Yang's Cat Claws! This is his BSB, which grants EnEarth to the user alongside the Burst Commands. By now, Bursts are pretty meh, and Tifa already has a better Burst and better preparation, so it's not like I'll be using Yang any soon. Oh well; at least it's an excuse to level him up.

With that said and done, how about the 40-draw? Well...
    8/40, a whopping SIX DISCOS, but four dupes.
    • Laguna's Winchester! This is his LMR, which grants him EnIce. With his LMR granting Imperil Ice on every Machinist attack, plus his LM2 that already grants Imperil Ice, Laguna is already an ice version of Balthier (i.e., the preeminent Ice imperiler), so this is cute, but not amazing. Furthemore, I have his Glint, which does exactly the same, so it's not like it'll be of greater utility.
    • Ingus' Genji Shield! This is his LMR that grants damage reduction against attacks made to him while wearing a shield. Since you want Ingus to wear a shield, this is a given; it's pretty nice, and it works on NAT attacks, so there's that.
    • Beatrix's Ultima Blade. The first dupe. This is her OSB, which powers up when...you are dealt more attacks? Or is it like Agrias' one, that depends on vulnerability. Anyways, dupe, combine, I already have Excalibur artifact, yadda yadda.
    • Tidus' Blitz Ace. The second dupe, this is his Chaser USB with IC on the first attack. I already have it, and it works great for him as a damage dealer, so there's that. Best combination, since it makes an already great weapon even better.
    • Aerith's Healing Rod. Dupe #3. This is her Last Stand USB, which would have been pretty snazzy if it weren't that I already have it anyways, so...
    • Curilla's Gluttony Sword. Dupe #4, and this one especially hurts because...I think I got it through Anima Lenses? Anyways; boosts, Radiant Shield, and more stuff for team XI, but I had it, so combine, yadda yadda.
    • Exdeath's Deathbringer! This is his Arcane Overstrike, and judging by who gets it, a +MAG sword with potential +Dark boost. It's your usual 3 massive hits, but at least it should work for Team Magic Dark.
    • Fujin's Twin Viper! This is the one relic I feel is the winning draw, since it's the Wind Magic Chain. I needed a Wind chain like...forever, and Fujin's usually part of my Wind team, so it's actually a good acquisition. Since she has access to Wrath, she can just focus on alternating between that, her EnWind...SSB, I think, and her Arcane Overstrike, while people like Alphinaud just overwhelm the opposition through spells. It should also help me finally get that sub-30 against Midgardsormr.

All in all, the dupes hurt, but Ingus' shield and Fujin getting the Wind Chain makes it worth it. Haven't done the free 11-draw for the Valkyrie Anatomia collab (who would have thought of that!? I personally expect to hear either Fighting the Shadowy Gods or Emergency Slash Line Stream, which are the battle themes for the original and VP: Covenant of the Plume respectively), but I'll be happy if I see something like the Nibelung Valesti. Or...Ifrit Caress, for what it's worth, since I can equip it on Terra and just have fun with it.

In other topics...I finally decided to tackle the 5* Magicites. Emphasis on trying, because those battles are just absurd. Here's my recount of what's happened so far:
    • Mateus: I went with Team Physical Fire, having Auron with the Chain and W-Cast Fire as his LM setup, Balthier for absurd Imperilling, Bartz as main damage dealer, Y'sh as healer and Vincent for that sweet, sweet Fire Radiant Shield (good thing he can do both sides). Result? With only one healer and no buff suite, that meant Mateus was having tons of fun decimating my party. Even if I fired up both Fabula Raider, Stoneskin II from Y'sh and Auron's Fire Chain, the damage was just absurdly pathetic, which was of very little aid. It was harrowing.
    • Phoenix: I went with my usual Water team, with Edge providing his basic Chain, Rikku with the buff suite, Arc handling healing duties (he has W-Cast, after all), and Tidus and Bartz focusing on damage dealing. Let it be said that Phoenix going Savage Mode almost immediately is highly unfair, since even though I'd normally get a lot of gauge, it's not enough to have Arc ready up his USB before someone gets killed. Also: Rikku is the only imperiller here, so I either have to sacrifice someone to add Yuffie (and Edge already does Water Ninja physical damage), or just muscle through it. I feel I have a chance against Phoenix, but not enough of a chance just yet. Need I say that everyone has been dived fully, and thus should be able to deal with this guy?

Yeah. Not trying these guys any time soon. And there's also Odin AND the 6* Magicites, which are just edging on the absurd. Then again: all 5* Magicites are D400, whereas most content stops shy of D300. Even Torments are easy at DWhale...
    On Lawful Good:

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

Started a new job on the 6th of this month so haven't had much time to play lately.

40 Draw: 2/40 both disco

Lightning bUSB - Eh. Have nothing else for her.
    Minwu USB - Ok. Magic holy tech is good. Wish I had his DC LMR, otherwise I'm not sure I'd use him over Raines or ExDeath.

Used my ticket on VII hoping for Seph stuff:

2/11 - 1 Rainbow, 1 Disco

Rude BSB - Junk.
    Reno USB - Chase USB. Paired with his bUSB he's probably the strongest lightning mage I have now.

Also finally beat Behemoth King and got 4 of him farmed and leveled. Next up is figuring a way to beat Quetz.

Edit: Well. Didn't take long to figure out a way to down Quetz. Galuf CSB/Imperil BSB, Dorgann USB/Imperil BSB, and Sora AASB. Downed him in 26:60. Now just to do it 3 more times, then on to magic weak lightning.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2019-11-16 at 04:15 PM.

Steam Profile

21. - Top - End - #1041

Started a new job on the 6th of this month so haven't had much time to play lately.

40 Draw: 2/40 both disco

Lightning bUSB - Eh. Have nothing else for her.
    Minwu USB - Ok. Magic holy tech is good. Wish I had his DC LMR, otherwise I'm not sure I'd use him over Raines or ExDeath.

Used my ticket on VII hoping for Seph stuff:

2/11 - 1 Rainbow, 1 Disco

Rude BSB - Junk.
    Reno USB - Chase USB. Paired with his bUSB he's probably the strongest lightning mage I have now.

Also finally beat Behemoth King and got 4 of him farmed and leveled. Next up is figuring a way to beat Quetz.

Edit: Well. Didn't take long to figure out a way to down Quetz. Galuf CSB/Imperil BSB, Dorgann USB/Imperil BSB, and Sora AASB. Downed him in 26:60. Now just to do it 3 more times, then on to magic weak lightning.
    Not bad! Well, the pulls are mediocre, but nice progress!

I have yet to beat Ark. Then I'll have beaten all 5* magicites.

For the pulls, I didn't get much useful. I spent my ticket on XIII (again). AASBs and CSBs that I'd like. I did happen to get 2 discos and 2 rainbows, but 3/4 were dupes. At least I nabbed Nabaat's bUSB. A whopping Imperil 4.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

40 draw technically helped with Torment, although more in lenses.

Ice team is still not quite ready, part of it is needing more crystals.

Torment fun-
    II: had plans to grab some more relics but was able to brute force it by throwing motes at Guy and Ricard instead.

X: finally decided to get Yuna USB1 with lenses. Also got Rikku LMR1 from the 40draw which actually helped with imperil spam.

23. - Top - End - #1043

100 gems got me a CSB. My first realm. Steiner’s. Not super exciting, but I’m happy I got it. Will prob use it in Torment.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ogre in the Playground

Well it's a fest thing. 10 free draws over 10 days. Cut off seems to be much earlier than the announcement stated (around May rather than October).

Anyhow first draw: 3/10 - 3 discos!

Morrow USB - Junk
    Estinien USB - Junk
    Wakka Imperil USB - Will see Torment use so that's something.

Quantity good. Quality bad.

Also did a 15 mithril draw on II:

2/11 both rainbows.

Scott LMR - Enfire start. Useless as I have nothing else for him.
    Minwu LMR - DC LMR. Will pair nicely with his USB I pulled on the 40 draw a while back.

Steam Profile

25. - Top - End - #1045

Did a pull on the pickup banner. Guaranteed 2+/11, 4 new AASBs, why not? 2 new AASBs! Snow and Ultimecia.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

26. - Top - End - #1046

Free draws so far:

Day 1: 1/11 - Locke Glint. - Its new.
    Day 2: 1/11 - Cater USB - Its new, nice chase, multi-element - realm in need of upgrade.

Tempted to do a pick up banner because it has Rydia Awakening - but I've chased that dragon and mist too many times now - also I cleared both Water 5*s so I'm beefing up my fire teams for their attempts.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Troll in the Playground

First of the free Black Friday Draws! I could have waited for Black Friday, but let's get this done with from now.

Result: 4/11, ALL DISCOS, but one dupe.

• Ultimecia's Phantasmal Garment! This is her USB, which grants EnWind and Ability Double for Black Magic spells. Pretty useful, and it's Light Armor. Also, very classy, and it even has the wings! Boost to Wind damage, too. All in all, a good relic.
    • Fujin's Cross Chakram! This is her USB, which grants EnWind, QC, and has a delayed Chaser. It also grants a boost to Wind damage. It's good, except there's a little caveat; in my hopes of netting Wind relics for my Bae, I stumbled upon both Fujin's Magic Wind Chain and Awakening, so it's...basically a consolation prize?
    • Rinoa's Hawkeye! This is her Brave USB, which focuses more on Earth than Ice. As it stands, it officially allows her to enter Team Magic Earth, since it grants Ability Boost to Black Magic plus EnEarth. Brave effect is your typical 3-level super-hit, with anything beyond 1st level having automatic damage cap breaking. Pretty decent, considering my Magical Earth options are rather scarce.
    • Vaan's Ame-no-Murakumo. The only dupe here. So, 50 Lv. 3 Anima Lenses for free?
    On Lawful Good:

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Titan in the Playground

I did not think to keep track of my previous Black Friday ticket pulls, but here's today's: 4/11, three discos!
    • Luneth's LMR: En-Wind is great! This will be super helpful, especially because I have his Chain.
    • Red XIII's USB: Party quick cast and Earth Reflect, neat. Not great, but neat.
    • Marche's USB: One of the better Holy USBs, and also a dupe.
    • Ace's USB: A MAG Fire USB with chaser and some other benefits. Not bad.

Pretty decent haul, honestly.

29. - Top - End - #1049

Not bad, SuperPanda. And wow, really nice Oskar.

1: 2 disco, Reno USB and a dupe (Butz AASB)
    2: 3 disco, Bash HyperMightyG, Rikku HyperMightyG (dupe), Gaf AOSB
    3: 1 rainbow, Lulu LMR

Overall suuuper good pulls (were it not for dupes... still, I’m happy). I found 2 comical.

Also OSBs are now very spammable.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

30. - Top - End - #1050

Third pull:

1/11 Disco - Barbie's USB (IV) Wind attack, En-wind, chase wind. Not sure if she'll crack wind team, but my wind mages are running very old tech currently so she might wind up on a team eventually.

Yet to be really pleased with any of the free pulls but happy to have them all the same.