New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

1/11 - One Disco! But...

It's the third copy of Tidus's USB Blitzball - Ouch

Please Tidus, you got your freaking 8*-Ball, stop trolling me. Please.

Gonna leave the BSB choice for later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayn82 View Post
    1/11 - One Disco! But...

It's the third copy of Tidus's USB Blitzball - Ouch

Please Tidus, you got your freaking 8*-Ball, stop trolling me. Please.

Gonna leave the BSB choice for later.
    Ooohhh that's good with the Water Sharpshooter stuff though.

Edit: I’m thinking Tellah’s BSB for mage team. Thoughts?
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-08-24 at 06:16 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Ooohhh that's good with the Water Sharpshooter stuff though.

Edit: I’m thinking Tellah’s BSB for mage team. Thoughts?
    Yeah, I've nicknamed it Hate*-ball. Also, Tellah's BSB is an incredible mage party buff, but his damage is kinda meh, even with the bargain cmd 2. But since he can also bring White Magic, I find him pretty useful. It isn't difficult to have his BSB ready right after the third turn if you are healing with him, or hitting weakness. He adds some fair bit of damage, but his true value is increasing the DPS of the other teammates with Fastcast. On the other hand, those teammates are Maria, Rinoa or Vivi, so it may not be entirely fair to him.

I think his closest competitor would be Mog's BSB, who is better at buff stacking, because of BSB + Faith.
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

4. - Top - End - #94

Thanks!

I saw Mog’s too. Looked good. As did Edward’s, but obv not for a mage party.

In other news, beat Sephy A++! My first ever 260 I believe. First time he owned me, second time I brought tons of reverse wall. Made him rather tame. It also slowed me down, spread out his scripted AoEs, gave me more time to heal.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Well I did the FFT CT Draw...got another Iga Blade, another Jade Armlet...and the Ragnarok. So I'm quite pleased by that.
    Last edited by Hunter Noventa; 2018-08-25 at 08:33 AM.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

6. - Top - End - #96

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Well I did the FFT CT Draw...got another Iga Blade, another Jade Armlet...and the Ragnarok. So I'm quite pleased by that.
    Not bad!

I wish Poison got more love. When we had all those elemental banners a couple months ago, was there even a Poison one?
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

7. - Top - End - #97

RedWizardGuy

There's no Poison Magicite, and very few poison element users: Thief, Leila, Edgar, Kefka, Quistis, Marcus, Thancred. I think it's only them. On the Realms Selection some time ago, there was Quistis OSB + BSB.
    Last edited by Slayn82; 2018-08-25 at 03:01 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Kefka's upcoming USB is poison/dark themed. That should hit Sept. 6th barring any major surprises. As far as fights that suit it, Long Gui might show up in time for the holidays.

9. - Top - End - #99

Maintenance day, maintenance day!

There were a decent handful of small tweaks this time around - insignificant wording changes that are still not helpful enough to keep us from needing outside sources to track buff details, Selphie getting Dancer 5*, Galuf getting Heavy 5* (which I thought he already had?) and so on. But crucially... they buffed the Daily Draw rates!

The daily draw now has the same odds of a 5*/6* as a "real" banner, weighed down slightly by the presence of old unique/shared/non-SB relics. But still, this is a pretty great quality of life buff, and we're getting it something like 5 months ahead of "normal" since it only hit JP recently. I'm already one Ramza BSB1 richer, so definitely make sure to check in on that moving forward.
    Merlin the Tuna

10. - Top - End - #100

Wow, the daily draw is a welcome change. I got a 4*.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Wow, the daily draw is a welcome change. I got a 4*.
    Oh, agreed so much. Yesterday, I also pulled a 4-star on the upgraded daily draw. Today, I pulled a disco ball.

Gaffgarion's USB. 10-hit random Dark/Non PHY damage, En-Dark, +ATK/DEF, with a DRK chase.

I really, really like the new daily draw.

EDIT: Another neat quality-of-life upgrade I just noticed! When you purchase an MC from the Hall of Rites (as I just did to boost Gaff from 80 to 99) it offers to take you directly to the "Break Level Cap" menu, rather than having to awkwardly back out of one menu, tap through another, and then get to the one you want. Neat! And once you've broken the level cap, it offers to take you directly to your Growth Eggs, too!
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2018-08-30 at 08:19 AM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Nothing great from the daily yet, but it being there is nice.

Good news:
    character buffs early, daily draw early
    ability buffs early and they already fixed the quickcast bug so +1 Mithril
    While Seven was initially yawned at when she appeared, her relics might actually be useful for 5* Wind
    Bra Bra for more VII, mostly if you need another shot at Zack goodies.

Bad news:
    WoFF seems delayed if not outright skipped, so that's one less mage for King Behemoth, who we definitely know is coming in September. (Also Enna also has Holy, so while not perfect you might have tried her on Hades too)
    Similarly XI may not be seen until Lilisette in February, maybe even early March.

Otherwise, with T0 tonight and what looks like Lightning boost Sunday I've held off on selections.
    Last edited by darkdragoon; 2018-08-30 at 12:56 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103

RedWizardGuy

Whoa, the Game usability and interface improved by bounds and leaps. I went to give growth eggs to Palom, and noticed that now there's a button with the option: "Break Level Cap", and one with "Cancel". Pressed it, and promptly, was on the Lvl cap screen, used the MC1, a new button sent me back to Growth Eggs. Repeat, at lvl 80 the button changed to: "Obtain Memory Crystal", and sent me right to Hall of Rites, and with the prompt to obtain his MC3 right away. It's nice to do in less than a minute something that used to take several.
    Last edited by Slayn82; 2018-08-30 at 08:10 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104

Yeah those features are nice. I can’t recall the number of times I bought a MC then forgot to use it.

And grats Red Fel!
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

For starters: did you notice the second Producer's Letter has been released? It's shorter than the previous version (only three questions, for example), but there's a few goodies inside. The gist of it:

• Series Draw may come for November. In case you weren't aware of, it's a 11-draw with all BSB, OSB, USB, Chain, Glint, ASB and LM Relics of every character in a given series. The first draw will cost 15 Mythril, the rest will be full price. The dev's mentioned something about "realm-specific draws" in response to one of the questions, so there's a good chance it may end up being this.
    • Next seasonal will be called "Fantasy Festival", and will start by Sept. 24. It'll introduce a "new Mode" (all signs point to Brave USBs)
    • They're aware of long load times, and one of the devs claimed it's because of how they've basically heaped up new content on top of existing one. They're working on ways to make the game a bit more "lightweight".
    • Octopath Traveler collab, baby! The event will have 5* relics as part of special Daily Rewards, and will focus on the main characters from the first demo (Olberic and Primrose). No more comments on it, other that it'll be Sept. 14 (so most likely it'll replace the BRA*BRA datamined event?). Global will have the event BEFORE Japan, BTW.
    • Related to Octopath event - if you finish up to a specific point in the event, you'll get 5 Mythril. There's also something else related to social media.

Still haven't gotten anything nicer than a 4* on the Daily Draw (I got a 1* today, believe it or not).
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

16. - Top - End - #106

Hmm. That's cool.

I should get Octopath Traveler.

Oh yeah, I remembered the most absurd thing I've seen in this game. I was doing one of the multiplayer battles, the recent one against Bottomswell, and somebody brought Lightning. I wasn't paying much attention to the weapon. Then in battle, they had her use Thundering Quadstrike, and she busted out Edgar's figgin' Flash. Looked ridiculous.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, guess what? There's a Lightning banner up. (The element, not Femme!Cloud.) And while it's not a Lucky Draw, I'm still pulling, because my Lightning elemental coverage is lacking. My results?

2/11, one rainbow, one disco. The rainbow is Ashe's LMR, which grants En-Lightning and is a +Lightning bracer, which is pretty sweet. The disco is Kain's USB, which is just a glorious suite. 10-hit Lightning/Non Jump damage, En-Lightning, +ATK/DEF, and makes Jump attacks instant-cast for 15 seconds. That's fantastic, especially because I have pretty much crap for Kain. (I think I have his Lancet SB?) Oh, and it's a +Lightning spear, because why shouldn't it be?

Happy pulls, folks.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

1/11: Aranea LMR. Le sigh et le salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

19. - Top - End - #109

Huh. Well. The good news is I’m nearly done grinding 3* magicite, got everything I want except those from Bismarck (and nearly all 99 to boot). Bad news is I tried the V Neo Torment and got served. My team was... decent. Fully dived Bartz with plenty of goodies, partially dived Greg with goodies, partially dived Dorgann with USB, then kind of janky Faris and Lenna.

Man that auto Flash is annoying.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

After how disappointing these days have been (no 5* or 6* from Daily Draw, couldn't beat the Bomb King with my Ace Water Team, and...

...ARGLEGARGLEBARGLEMRGRGR, YOU BIZARRO MAMA'S BOY AND YOUR D260-LEVEL HP ARMS!!!

...), having a D260 go so smooth was refreshing.

A++!Nimbus was defeated, and by a pretty unorthodox team, even!
    Spoiler: Party Compo
    Show
    Seifer, lv. 99; Demonslayer, Mama's Boy's Glove, Book of Memories; Dark Bargain R1, Lifesiphon R4; Drive to Win LM2, Bad Seed LM1, Knight's Charge RM
    Setzer, lv. 80; Conformer, Keeper's Frock Coat, Moogle Plushie (T-0); Full Break R4, Power Breakdown R5; Fate-Defying Bet LM2, Taking Wing LM1, Battleforged RM
    Onion Knight, lv. 99; Onion Blade, Caesar's Plate, Mama's Boy's Pendant; Powerchain R3, Lifesiphon R4; Swordsman Sublime LMPhy, Dr. Mog's Teachings RM
    Relm, lv. 80; Seraphim Mace+, Light Robe, Tome of Music; Curada R4, Hastega R2; Healer's Prayer II
    Zell, lv. 80; Kaiser Knuckles Z(eta), Orlandeau's Cloak, Guardian Ring (T-0); Piercing Strike R4, Lifesiphon R4; Ace Striker RM
    RW: Godwall (Tyro)
    Magicite: Enkidu lv. 99 + Inh.; Taharka lv. 99, Shell Dragon lv. 99, Enlil lv. 99, Wing Raptor lv. 99

I mention unorthodox because three of them were level 80, they focused on non-elemental, and it had Setzer. Fresh from his full dive, Setzer actually proved to be murder to Nimbus, almost hitting cap, hitting very solidly with his Burst, and triggering his LM2 Chaser pretty reliably. With...5 debuffs to Attack (FB, Power Breakdown, Reverse Wall from his Burst, ATK/DEF from Command 1, and Fate-Defying Bet for ATK/MAG/MND), Nimbus was hitting for a minuscule amount of damage.

Of course, the rest of the party was doing pretty much the same (nothing over 3k damage per hit), but it was a super fast fight. OK provided two sets of buffs (pUSB, then his BSB), Relm provided Last Stand, and between Zell and a surprisingly strong-hitting OK, I was doing a good amount of damage fast. Since both Extra Slice and Lightning Rush (Zell's BSB Command 2) are IC once used, and with OK having his W-Celerity LM2, both were spearheading the damage. Zell did most of the damage, but once again, Setzer, of all people, was contributing heavily to damage. With Full Break and CMD 1 almost capping every single time, he was meeting or exceeding the damage output from Onion Knight. With Relm providing IC healing, Nimbus was barely a match.

...Sure, I had to restart a few times, but that's where Seifer's LM2 kicked in. As long as he was the first target of Ragnarok, the party was safe. It hit Zell twice, so I had to Restart, but once it hit Seifer (which, BTW, he tanked like a boss), it was easy peasy.

Currently close to 170 Mythril, and between today's Daily Mithril + Corridor of Trials + MP battles, I should reach 175 by tomorrow for the Realm LD. Plus the new attempt for a Daily Draw.

...Did I mention that I haven't gotten a 5*/6*, yet I got a Rod (1*) and a Knife (1*) since? 1* items are meant to be rarer than 5*, though not as much as 2*, 4* or 3* (in order of appearance), so this is rare indeed.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

It's DU LD time, and you know what that means!

2/11, both rainbows. Vincent's LMR, slight chance to W-cast Fire, that won't see much use. And Rufus' BSB, loaded with two sources of Imperil Dark; kinda nice, but I probably won't use Rufus either.

Not a terrible draw, but not great, either. Happy pulls, all.

22. - Top - End - #112

Well, you got me beat. 1/11, Cloud SSB. It's not even good as a meme pull when Tiny Bee is on the banner!
    Merlin the Tuna

23. - Top - End - #113

Cait Sith LMR (I have his BSB) and Seymour USB (1st relic for him). Not bad, but I don’t see myself fielding either.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

24. - Top - End - #114

RedWizardGuy

Yang's BSB and Sephiroth's USB. I've heard Yang's BSB is pretty good. Seph will be weird, having just this and an old SSB. Shadow and Gaff already have a solid grasp on Physical darkness.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

DU Draw time!

3/11 - 2 rainbows, 1 disco

Rainbow 1: Palom SSB - Essentially junk

Rainbow 2: Yuffie BSB - The imperil one to go along with her EnWater BSB. Might see use eventually.

Disco: Tidus OSB - Well, he's definitely the star of team water now. USB + OSB. And a +water sword to boot!

Overall: Decent pull, but nothing that changes a whole lot.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

26. - Top - End - #116

Hey, new Torment! Oh jeez, new Torment.

Once again, the first two difficulties were a roll - 21 seconds on my first attempt vs Part 2. And once again, the boss himself is a meat grinder. Terra’s doing work, but after her and Relm, the team gets a little suspect. I’m honestly eyeing Gogo BSB in the archives just to have an ATK/MAG buff. This seems like it should be easier than Jenova since there’s no slowing or dispelling to manage, but slotting in AOE is HARD.

I had a pair of runs that I think got close to the 50% mark, and I could probably get over the line with a little better luck with King Bomb’s Short Fuse. I think I’m going to hold steady until the fest, though. It’s always easier to commit to 5* motes after a nice string of fest banners.

On the upside, I’m the proud new owner of Chain Firaja, Chain Stoneja, and Earth Ironfist. I’m basically out of Black and Earth Crystals, but hey, you win some you lose some.
    Last edited by Merlin the Tuna; 2018-09-05 at 10:55 PM.
    Merlin the Tuna

27. - Top - End - #117

Grats Merlin!

I still haven’t beaten anything other than the easiest Cthuluhain. My relics are too spread out, realm wise. Especially healz.

Or I might try 4+Elarra.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

I got two crummy relics from the DU draw, another SSB for Red XIII, and a duplicate of PLD!Cecil's LM Armor.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

29. - Top - End - #119

Whoo, gotta say that I'm liking the daily draw update. After scoring Ramza BSB1 on day 1, today threw a disco at me! Sure, it's Pecil USB2, aka Paladin Wall, which isn't as essential in a Torment world that gives you wall automatically, but still: pretty cool!
    Merlin the Tuna

30. - Top - End - #120

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin the Tuna View Post
    Whoo, gotta say that I'm liking the daily draw update. After scoring Ramza BSB1 on day 1, today threw a disco at me! Sure, it's Pecil USB2, aka Paladin Wall, which isn't as essential in a Torment world that gives you wall automatically, but still: pretty cool!
    Grats!

Man I whales so hard for that. And got it. Never use it though :P

Edit: daily get me a hat for Galuf, LMR. Nice.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-09-07 at 02:49 PM.