New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

Did the 100 gem pull for FF VI. Got Locke's USB. I was "ouch, a dupe". Then I noticed it's his other USB. Even more power for him, probably making it worth to bring an Enthruster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

So, hey, did you guys know we're getting Realms on Parade again? Because we have Realms on Parade.

Right now.

My T-0 pull: 1/3, Rem's OSB daggers with +Holy. They're MND/MAG daggers, which is nice; the attack is a MAG Holy/Fire that deals bonus damage if the target has a weakness. I don't know who this character is, but not bad.

Happy pulls, folks.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

3. - Top - End - #123

Ooh, nice, you three!

My parade got off to a lightly salty start of Deuce LMR/3. Pro: it’s a cute hat. Cons: it’s an extend buff duration LM (yuck) on a white mage (yuck). So basically, I got a synergy hat for T0.

But that’s the nature of the game I suppose. Still plenty of parade to improve. Good luck, y’all!
    Merlin the Tuna

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

RoP draw was decent. Queen LMR, which is dualcast, and a +lightning armor.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

1/3: Cinque LMR. She's now complete, alongside King in the realm.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

And FFT is up! My pull, an expected 1/3 - Agrias' Defender, SSB relic. I mean, it's not a good relic, but hey, stat boost. And that gives me... Her Unique, both of her SSBs, and her BSB. Still no OSB/USB, but she's pretty well-outfitted otherwise.

In other news, if you were wondering why the bookshelves in the Acolyte Archives got reshuffled this morning, well, now you know - we have a new book, Book of Transcendence. Basically, it gives you a big money bonus for beating Transcendent difficulty on past bosses - remember Nemesis, Ozma, and Zeromus EG? Yeah. They're back, and if you can beat them, you really don't need that money. I'mma pass, frankly, because not worth the headache.

Happy pulls, all.

EDIT: While the Realms on Parade are highly recommended, given that 5 mythril for three pulls with at least one G5 is a steal, keep in mind that at the end of September we expect an Autumn Festival. Plan accordingly.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2018-09-08 at 08:13 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

7. - Top - End - #127

RedWizardGuy

Got Queen's OSB (Dark/lighting) and Agrias's RLM (2x knight). Not bad. Got to check what's good on this upcoming festival's banners. I will have a 2 week vacation beginning on 24, and I'm planning to do some catch up and polishing on the game. I can do most 220 fights, but its not working well when it goes above that.
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

So, bit of an update: Here is the thread on the upcoming fest. In theory.

In addition to the Realms on Parade, there should be three countdown Lucky Draws - one for LMRs, one for OSBs, one for USBs. There should also be four gem-only banners - USB, LMR, OSB, and BSB - and yes, the USB one should include Tyro's godwall. And then after that, there should be your usual fest madness. The first banner should be a Lightning focus (element, not character); the second appears to be Ice, plus some Water; third is Earth; fourth is Wind, plus some Fire; and fifth is Dark/Holy.

This is all in theory, mind you. They might skip the Lucky Draws, or the gem-exclusives, or the fest, or reconfigure any of the banners.

Personally, I'm not gunning for the fest. I'm gonna pull on the Realms on Parade, because they're a steal, and probably the Lucky Draws, because half-price is my price. I'll see where I am after that. One estimate suggests we may get over a hundred mythril between now and fest. We'll see.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin the Tuna View Post
    Whoo, gotta say that I'm liking the daily draw update. After scoring Ramza BSB1 on day 1, today threw a disco at me! Sure, it's Pecil USB2, aka Paladin Wall, which isn't as essential in a Torment world that gives you wall automatically, but still: pretty cool!
    BOI.

I've been hunting that relic for so long! First time it appeared, I think I pulled twice or thrice to no avail. Two LDs and nothing. And you didn't just got it, you got it from the friggin' Daily Draw.

And then you just dismiss it. While I'm yet to have any 5* or 6* from the Daily Draw. Seriously, between the lack of Daily Draws, the atrocious banner pulls, the fact that Bizarro!Mama's Boy handed me a defeat (I still won't live that), the fact I couldn't beat any of the Fellstars, the Neo Torments aren't being nice with me, and that I couldn't beat the Furnace boss of Corridor of Trials (Fire) with my absolute best in Team Water, I feel like dropping the game. Not because it's becoming a chore, but because I'm starting to feel the game outright hates me.

Speaking of atrocious banner pulls...hey, the Happy Gacha! Let's see if it takes away the sour taste on my mouth of previous pulls -

1/11, no Disco, one dupe, and...surprise surprise...!
    • Ramza's Platinum Sword. Ecstatic when I got it first, now it's my...what, 5th copy? I already upgraded to Onion's pUSB and Ramza's BSB2, and I also got Cid Highwind's SUADYGDT-Shout, so this is almost as worse as getting nothing. I mean...sure, it's not a Mama's Boy relic or a Fem!Cloud relic, but I've got quite a bit of Whiny Boy relics for comfort. I'm starting to think that, every time I do a Daily Draw pull and it ends up a 4*, I shouldn't do anything in the game but gather up the Daily Mithril and cut my losses, because BOI am I getting pissed about this.

Oh yeah, and...it's September. Tropical Storm Isaac has been named. It pretty much has the same path as Maria. What are the chances I won't be with power at my house by the time Banner 4 lands? Or, rather, the Lucky Draws?
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Firbolg in the Playground

On the topic of Paladin Wall... I just never seem to fit it in a team. I whaled hard, spent like 300 mythril, acquired it, but I only used it once or twice for funsies.

Edit: on the topic of the upcoming fest, the only banner that really stood out to me is the one with all the Maria relics. I’ll probably do little more than the realm and lucky draws.

Oh, and spend too many real dollars on gems. I’m terrible.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-09-09 at 07:35 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Paladin Wall kinda hit too late in the cycle. I still want it, and it's been stupid good as a RW.

Anyway, comparing from summer

Earth- still in the same position despite pulling on practically everything with earth on it.

Ice-technically better (Snow chain) but still feels very lacking

Water- pretty much the same

Wind- still relying on bursts with obvious room to grow

Fire- mostly accompaniment to Terra but yeah, even she could use more burninate.

Thunder- probably all right but still enticing USBs and the magic side to work on.

dark/holy- probably could use more of the new stuff

Bio- is bio
    Last edited by darkdragoon; 2018-09-09 at 03:06 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    Bio- is bio
    :(

I wish it got more love.

In other news, I finally completed all my 3* Magicite decks. Not perfect (too lazy for all that grinding), but every element has at least one level 99 booster, sometimes 2 or 3.

So... I need to start beating some 4* Magicites, otherwise I’ll be wasting a buncha exp.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

And the XV RoP is up!

Gasp! A rare 2/3 pull! They exist! Two rainbows, and they are...

... both Gladio's War Sword. Which is admittedly a pretty nice BSB, in that it's your bog-standard KNT BSB but Earth instead of Holy.

... except that I already have it. So I get a rare 2/3 on a RoP, and they're both dupes. Ah, well, it's realm synergy at least.

... except that I already have that sword, plus two other XV swords, plus an axe, a spear, and a thrown. So... it's combo fodder. That's what it is now.

In other news, another VI banner is up. But I have some dupes on it, and I'm gonna save for the other upcoming goodies, so I'mma pass.

Happy pulls, all.

14. - Top - End - #134

Well Red, if it's any consolation, I got a (single) dupe of Gladio's SSB, which is one of the three relics I have for FF15. So we're already past my two neediest realms, and I've gained nothing for either. Womp womp.

On the flip side, the FFT banner gave me Montblanc USB, which is an interesting slot saver. Not strictly necessary for the FFT Torment, but still interesting. And that means I've got BSB+USB for him and Rafa. If some Malak items drop into my lap, I'll have a pretty incredible FFT mage team.
    Last edited by Merlin the Tuna; 2018-09-09 at 09:24 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    On the topic of Paladin Wall... I just never seem to fit it in a team. I whaled hard, spent like 300 mythril, acquired it, but I only used it once or twice for funsies.
    That's mostly because, as darkdragoon mentions, it came a bit too late.

Right now, there's the GodWall, which offers Wall, PLUS ProShellga with Hastega on top. Using it as a RW is not recommendable unless you have another source of ProShellga AND Hastega, AND you have a Knight user, AND most of your people are in the front. Which is...quite frankly, the thing - you need at least three people at front, in order to maximize the EX Mode Medica, whereas other sources of Medica-on-skills are less strict (Mog and Cait Sith and Echo all have "Medica on Dance", and since you want them to be dancing just about every moment, and since those Medicas affect everyone, they're more useful; furthermore, they're LMs, so they won't interfere with your RM source), Paladin!Cecil's version is.

That doesn't mean it can't fit on a team. I have one team that pretty much DEPENDS on it - my Phy team. The idea is to have Pally!Cecil and Marche on the same team, as both reinforce the Front Row pretty nicely. It also relies on Basch to grant his version of the RikkUltra, which is what hurts me a lot, because three sources of Boostga (OK, Basch, Marche), a Crit-Fixer (OK), and Orlandeau make for a pretty devastating team. Pally!Cecil would be there to keep everyone on tip-top shape, recharge Wall and his EX Mode, and see if he can fire up one or two of his Bursts; likely, he'd also wield the upcoming Knight ability that heals an ally as you hit an enemy, making him the default healer. It's a cool concept, but relies on specific relics to work.

Alternatively, there's also gauging what Paladin!Cecil brings to the team. He's a Paladin, meaning someone with Combat 5*, Knight 5* and White Magic 5*. His Bursts involve EnHoly and Sentinel, all Holy damage, all KNT. His EX modes either make him heal all of his allies, or make him a poor damage dealer compared to other Knight characters. His LM2 Covers, his LMR boosts his damage when getting hit. As a Knight, he's not a heavy-hitter compared to Agrias (who has her BSB grant Imperil, and her LM2 impose a chance to Imperil with KNT skills, which shows a synergy); tanking has largely gone the way of the dodo for the most part, and his EX Mode works mostly for front-liners. The upcoming KNT ability that heals after a strike shows one way to work him out; as a secondary healer, with a specific heal effect and a conditional Medica. He works nicely with Teams Earth (because of Gaia Cross, Earth Saber and Earthbringer) and Holy (Saint Cross, Aegis Strike, Divine Cross, Guardbringer and Assault Saber); Team Earth has Ninjas (Earth Ninja Combo), Monks (Meteor Crush and Gaia Rush, plus the upcoming Earth Ironfist) and Bartz as people who can combo well with him in front-line, while Holy has...White Mages (which already grant healing). That is without mentioning Knights, which are for the most part redundant.

Based on all that, he works well on a team that has a dedicated tank but that can use a secondary tanker, that has more than half of its team in front, and that may or may not have a healer but could use a secondary one, or that has no healer but has sources of healing (Fires Within and the upcoming Earth version for Monks, plus those odd-ball Medica USBs belonging to non-White Mages). He combos well with Ursula (Earth Monk, her SSB is a Medica with Last Stand), Ramza (he provides buffs, works better as Support, and his Tailwind SB is a pseudo-Medica, and has Holy Chain), Marche (works as secondary tank but his main strength is granting Quickcast to party), Arc and Minwu (are White Mages, but that allows them to focus on offensive), Warrior of Light (can work as primary tank, has Holy Chain), Ingus (has Earth Chain with Last Stand, his BSB1 is part of the Tanking Trio and grants EnEarth and his BSB2 grants Earth Radiant Shield), Onion Knight (Support, Ninja, his BSB and pUSB relate to physical damage), Agrias (offensive Knight with Imperil Holy that can serve as main Tank), Tifa (Earth Monk with Imperil Earth through BSB, source of Last Stand, and LM2 grants Quickcast), Galuf (Earth and Fire Monk, with his BSB being Imperil Fire but also allows for secondary healing), Kelger (Earth-spec'ced Ninja) and Orlandeau (does good with Holy, does great with Darkness, and is paramount DPS). Note that, other than Galuf, Kelger and to an extent Orlandeau, there's tons of overlap (you're mostly relying on Monks and Knights, and going either Earth or Holy), so it works best when you don't have that much overlap going on (Marche has one reliable source of Knight hones and Lifesiphon, Ramza focuses on Support and leaves the rest to build Holy Chain, etc.)

So yeah, Paladin!Cecil can work on some builds. You just have to work around him, and fortunately, if you're already building around Marche, Pally!Cecil is the perfect buddy. Think of the following; what can you do with both Pally!Cecil AND Marche , both with their USBs, on a team? If your answer is "Holy team with one backliner", you've got yourself a team.

P.S.: Still no 5*/6* on the Daily Draw, and I feel I'm one with the Sodium and the Chlorine, but it seems the RNGods decided to be nice yesterday after the Epic Fail.

Since I felt the game was running absurdly slow, I empty the cache files, and since the files need to be redownloaded again and Internet was a bit spotty, it ended up doing some funny stuff. But, amongst those, the stars aligned, and I got...

THE GLORIOUS GLITCH.

Even if I were to abandon the game, that specific moment in time makes it all worth it. Wait, whaddya mean what's THE GLORIOUS GLITCH!?
    Spoiler: THE GLORIOUS GLITCH
    Show
    It's an event that has happened every now and then. It involves the Home screen, and all members of your team have Terra's sprite overlaid upon them, as if they were image placeholders.

The most important thing? Not only I had, for a brief moment, an entire party of Terras, but one of the placeholders was hiding the real Terra, so I had an entire party of my beloved Terra, with one of them squared.

The one thing I lament is that I couldn't get a screenshot, because I changed my phone and that seems to happen. Otherwise? I'd store that pic for all eternity.
    Last edited by T.G. Oskar; 2018-09-10 at 02:59 AM.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.

16. - Top - End - #136

Godwall doesn't Hastega.

Ya know, I might try to make Cecil's Wall work. Put everyone in the front, Assault Sabre or whatever every turn that's a lotta free healz.

Edit: I’m a noob.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-09-10 at 07:07 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Godwall doesn't Hastega.
    Yes, it does. That's why it's godwall - it's wall, plus Hastega, making it two pieces of the relic trinity. (It doesn't have a medica component.) Specifically, it's wall (+DEF/RES), Protectga, Shellga, and Hastega.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2018-09-10 at 01:16 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Yes, it does. That's why it's godwall - it's wall, plus Hastega, making it two pieces of the relic trinity. (It doesn't have a medica component.) Specifically, it's wall (+DEF/RES), Protectga, Shellga, and Hastega.
    What.
    The.
    Heck.

Well thanks for the correction. Holy hell, I’ve been using Godwall forever thinking it didn’t Haste. This changes everything.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

What.
    The.
    Heck.

Well thanks for the correction. Holy hell, I’ve been using Godwall forever thinking it didn’t Haste. This changes everything.
    Well, not everything. I mean, you'll still be using godwall.

In other news, the XIV RoP! Bad news is, I'm back to 1/3. Good news is, it's a disco ball. Bad news is, it's a dupe. Good news is, it's a very nice and niche dupe - Alphi's USB book. A solid and niche relic becomes even more solid, because combine fodder.

Happy pulls, all.

20. - Top - End - #140

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Well, not everything. I mean, you'll still be using godwall.

In other news, the XIV RoP! Bad news is, I'm back to 1/3. Good news is, it's a disco ball. Bad news is, it's a dupe. Good news is, it's a very nice and niche dupe - Alphi's USB book. A solid and niche relic becomes even more solid, because combine fodder.

Happy pulls, all.
    I exaggerated.

And hey, I got the same pull! But not a dupe for me. I’m happy.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-09-10 at 08:24 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141

Cid LMR for me! A boost to machinist damage when using guns is pretty generic, but I've got his USB, so it's a decent addition.
    Merlin the Tuna

22. - Top - End - #142

RedWizardGuy

I got Papalymo's En - Ice SSB. Not enough reason to use him, unfortunately.

23. - Top - End - #143

Egad. SSB for Hope.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

24. - Top - End - #144

RedWizardGuy

Hope here too, but his USB. Honestly, since I don't have the 5* Holy Summon honed, I will stick with Fusoya's BSB. I could use 4* Alexander or his BSB with USB, but honestly? It will add little more, and still take forever to set up.

Fusoya has White Magic 5*, so he can just DeDia for a bit of imperil (and dual cast if dived), then use BSB commands. Sorry Hope, but your giant robot can't beat Lunaria's greatest sex machine.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Something I didn't address on my earlier post - that day I was pissed to no end, I was referring to how Tropical Storm Isaac was following the same path as Hurricane Maria. No reference to Maria, the FFII designated chick.

That said, it seems the bigger threat here is Florence. Isaac seems to be...weakening?, and the center will pass a decent distance south from the island, which is a big relief.

As for draws? Well, the Happy Gacha isn't being a provider of Happiness so far. 1/11, no Disco, no dupe.
    • Cid nan Garlond's Machinist's Shirt! It's...an LMR. The same LMR that Merlin got, except I got nothing for Cid. It's a Machinist boost to damage, but with a specific weapon, and I have no realm-specific version of that weapon for Cid nan Garlond. Plus I don't use him. He's odd as an Earth Machinist. If I want Fire, I go with Balthier. If I want dualcast Machinist, I go for Edgar (he can do Fire and Ice pretty well, and he is THE way to imperil Poison). So, to me, it's relatively useless; at best, it's realm-specific Light Armor, which is always nice.

That said, there IS a slightly good thing coming from it. Daily Draw dropped its first reward! ...And it ends up being a dupe.
    • Beatrix's Ultima Sword. I mean...it would have been pretty awesome...had I not a copy of it already. Still, it's 6*, so I can get the weapon to 7* and get an even better sword. That said...I have way too many overpowered swords.

That was yesterday. Haven't drawn today. Will not draw on the Happy Gacha for today, because it's XIII and that means Fem!Cloud and Whiny Boy, and the only relics I could care about are for...Snow, because Ice Chain? Couldn't' care less about that blond loser, but hey, he's cool as a Monk/Tank. Not gonna risk it, though.
    On Lawful Good:

26. - Top - End - #146

Well, I think I’ve gotten to the point where I can beat everything up to 260. I’m hoping after the fest to start tackling 4* magicites.

Edit: got Fran’s LMR hat. Not bad. I use her for her Pentabreak BSB sometimes.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-09-12 at 08:06 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

her Pentabreak BSB sometimes.
    Speak of my pull :P 1/3 Fran pentabreak BSB
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

28. - Top - End - #148

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Speak of my pull :P 1/3 Fran pentabreak BSB
    Ha, funny how that works out.

A dupe for you?

She comes in handy for Reverse Walling.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, pulled Cloud’s Hardedge this morning on the daily, gives the ol’ unique Cross Slash. That pleases me. I’m tempted to spend my selects on him. Only have 1 of each LMR, BSB, AOSB, USB for him. Missing SSB, BSB, LMR, OSB, USB, LMR, at least. That’s a lot.

Edit: also missing whatever gives Braver. Buster Sword maybe.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-09-12 at 09:11 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149

Edit: got Fran’s LMR hat. Not bad. I use her for her Pentabreak BSB sometimes.
    Ah, I didn't realize that she had gotten a second LMR; I thought you were celebrating the "small chance to interrupt when using a bow" one, which... lol.

FF13 netted me Lightning's en-lit SSB, which is now the... seventh relic of hers, I think? One unique, both SSBs, USB, OSB, ASB, and LMR. Pretty sure I've never pulled on a banner of hers, either; it's all lucky draws. Still, it's +10 ATK on somebody I've already invested in, and lightning+ armor to boot. So that's alright.

FF12 was Fran BSB2. It's nearly identical to her BSB1 (which I have), but still kinda nice for being ice/lit instead of non-elemental. The entry's Full Breakdown isn't as stackable as her BSB1's pentabreak, but stacking debuffs isn't really the game anymore, so I don't think that's really a loss.

Beyond that, FF8 torment is up, and the first two difficulties are down & sub-30'd. The setup is a little tricky since there are so few sources of White 4 and because he opens with a two-slot Silence, but I ended up with a decent Fujin/Selphie/Edea/Laguna/Rinoa loadout. Unfortunately, I don't have an boostgas or faithgas between that bunch either, but Rinoa's CSB is a decent leg up on the RW chain, and Edea was capping on Abyssal Shards under her USB for a cool 120k damage per turn, which... yeah, pretty good. I don't see this getting me anywhere on the D??? though; gonna need either slot savers from Quistis or some manner of boostga/faithga for that to be reasonable. I gotta say that I'm surprised to not have room for Zell (USB) on this team. Maybe trade him in for Rinoa and lean on the realm chain after all? I dunno.

I also went back around and cleaned up Boundless Ozma, featuring a crew of Orlandu/Beatrix/Aphmau/Shelke/Ramza. Ramza's CSB mean that Orlandu and Beatrix were dealing preposterous amounts of damage under their USBs, and with two entrust bots feeding Aphmau to keep haste and instacast up, it actually went somewhat smoothly. I used the RW once at the beginning of the first non-sitting-there phase to give me time to get rolling, then once in the null-physical phase to make it... not null-physical. The final phase was a goofy damage race, so it helped to have Aphmau at almost full bars going into it.

I think I can take Zeromus as well - gotta get that music track - but I'm a little concerned about Kaiser Dragon. "Sit there and eat his ridiculous attacks for 24 turns before attempting to make any headway"... that's certainly a battle design. zzzz

Edit: Scratch that, made it to 61% damage dealt to D??? Gerogero on my first try, despite running completely out of hones on everyone. The good news is that, post LD, Edea was just about maxing her BSB1 command under Rinoa's chain, which is a pretty great backup. I'm not super concerned about pushing further, but a little more dive on Laguna and a few more hones in general and I'm sure I could inch a little further along.
    Last edited by Merlin the Tuna; 2018-09-12 at 11:41 PM.
    Merlin the Tuna

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Daily Draw netted me a 2*, and before the change, any 2* usually gave me a good relic when I pulled. I know this is superstition, but it keeps proving true.

As for the Happy Gacha? 1/3, ONE DISCO, and no dupes!

• Larsa's Carmagnole (sp?)! A weird name for an item. Anyways, it's light armor (despite being a cape, which would fit better as a robe), and as things go, it's more realm-speciific armor for the designated XII healer, so it's not bad. What's better here is that it's Larsa's USB - and if you know your SBs well, you may recognize this as the "anti-Hades". This is because it grants Astra (which blocks all status effects once), and in case you were affected, it ALSO grants Esuna, which is basically the reason why you choose Enkidu and Unicorn as your Magicites anyways. It also happens to grant major Regen, just to make healing less of a chore. Best relic in the Happy Gacha so far, compared to the previous two fails.

With the bunch of Mythril from the Octopath collab minigame (that's what the 15 Mythril are for, right?) and assorted Mythril, I'm about 8 Mythril shy of 200. This is good, because with three of the Happy Gachas' done, that leaves me with 50 Mythril to spend for the rest (since I don't pull on VII), thus leaving me with 150 Mythril - enough for one pull in each Lucky Draw, plus a pull on Banner 4, and a remainder in case I want to do a revenge pull or something. If measured enough, I might even pull on the Quinoa banner!
    On Lawful Good: