New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Trog's Tavern CLIII

*Upon entering the tavern you find it to be rustic, dim, cramped, and smelling of spilled beer. Moving through the crowd, half of which seem to be deadtiming, you spot a fireplace with a banjowood carving on the mantle, you also make out through the haze the curving bar and private booths hidden behind ferns. A side door leading to a patio outside reveals a hungry looking dumpster mimic sneaking towards an unsuspecting customer.

Near the stairs to the second floor rooms is a floor length mirror. Stepping through will teleport someone to the Temple of Inari where healers are always standing by in case of bar-brawls.

Trog's can be found right around the corner from any place in the Nexus. Somehow. It's best not to question it.

Staff:
    Owner and Proprietor: Trog
    Bartenders: Zee

Trog's Tavern hires only the finest NPC servers:
    ((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

Servers:
    Nina - A fiesty and vivacious tiefling. Mean, self-centered and completely unavailable. You may have seen her recently on the WotC 4E cartoon.
    Paige - A sweet, wholesome, flirty elf working her way through PC school.
    Cosmo - A quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel. Truly a monster. RAWR!

DRINK MENU:
    Wines:
    Catoblepas Sauvingnon
    Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
    Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
    Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
    Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
    Eladrin Carbernet - Official Feywine of the Wild Hunt.
    Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.
    Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
    Iames Agonia - This tart, dark red wine will stun you and leave you feeling good for hours.
    Kobold Chianti - Tart. Tangy. Shifty.
    Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
    Powerlust Pinot - For those corruptable humans.
    Shadar-Kai Shadowine - Served in a jagged, broken glass.
    Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
    Warlock Wine - Best served cold.
    Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!

Mixed Drinks:
    A Drink - Generic booze with ice that can be shaken, stirred, or you know, whatever. Try to be more imaginative next time.
    Aboleth Absinthe - Far Realmilicious!
    Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
    Coffee Martini - Buzzzzz.
    Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
    Dragon Liver Buster - Strongest drink in the house.
    Dwarf Spirits
    Fire Archon Asylum Rum - "FAAR!!!"
    Haley's Liquer - Named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
    Hemo Colada - 100% less coconut, 100% more ichor.
    Ice Liquer - From the Plane of Ice: guaranteed to cool you down.
    Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood.
    Jasphattan - El J's Secret Recipie, vermouth & bitters.
    LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
    Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning.
    Murderita - Wasted away again...
    Piña CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
    Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
    Rust Monster - Scotch, drambuie shaken in a wooden mixer.
    Sneak on the Beach - Peach vodka, cran-pineapple juice, a cat hair.
    Swampwater - Phosphorescent lemon-lime.
    White Russian Wukei - For bounty hunters who dig dairy.
    Wizard Blizzard - Crushed ice and Bourbon. The effect depends on the spell stored in it.

Beers & Such:
    Ales - Archon, Guilders, Balthor's Best.
    Grim Brewery Ginger Beer - Death-o-licious!
    Mind Flayer Mead - Mmm... brains.

Other Fine Beverages:
    Celestial Soda Pop - Soda specially brewed in Celestia. Tastes divine.
    Darknight Coffee - Cream has no effect.
    Dragon's Fire Breath (Cherry Kool-Aid) - For the kids!
    Fox Cola - The choice of the furry generation.
    Llamonade - That cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds.
    Oni Tea - From the far east.
    Red Minotaur Energy Drink - a-MAZE-ing energy!
    Root Beer
    Save vs. Slow Slurpees™ - C-c-c-cold...
    Hot Chocolate - Mmmmmmarshmallows.

MUNCHIES MENU:
    AbyssalNuts - Damned and spicy.
    Baked Goods - Scones and Muffins and Brownies oh my! We have no cake - the cake is a lie!
    Bamhacon - Where the ham meets the bacon. Served with eggs.
    Court of Stars Salad - Fresh fey greens.
    Hero Sandwiches - What else? Served with Villain vinegrette.
    Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips and hot meat and cheese dip.
    Yuan-ti Gyros - Lamb. Or halfling. We're not sure.
    Trog's Floor Chili - Don't ask Trog where it came from and Trog won't tell you, "the floor".

SMOKABLES:
    Dwarven Cigars - From our axe-hewn humidor.
    Coffin Nail™ Cigarettes - Get Nailed!
    Halfling Pipeweed - Bogart™ brand.

When this thread reaches page 50, anyone can make the next thread. However, if you want to make changes to the OP, please check in the OOC thread first to make sure everyone agrees.
    Last edited by billtodamax; 2018-11-09 at 02:17 AM.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLIII

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    Renault smiles. "I hope so. One day, anyway. If her father ever agrees to me courting her." His smile disappears at the thought and he takes a sip of tea to hide his displeasure.
    "A court mage, a clearly very skilled jeweller, and a polite and, if you don't mind me saying, handsome gentleman who was polite enough to join me for a spot of tea when I behaved so inappropriately. If her father has a problem with you, I can't see it being your fault." Gudrun offers him a warm smile, "I wish you luck."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "Having your own compani is really time consuming." C4 replies. "And on top of that I have to manage my own life, get to the store, play the rent, conquer the world, making the laundry and so on. Not really something to meet people."
    Adir laughs. Conquer the world, what a silly thing to say. "You want to meet people? Like women-people?" Adir wags his eyebrows, grinning like a fool.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Having obtained a clipboard full of long-overdue bar tabs, Leslie the rat-training scientist accepts a potion from J the cute earth elemental. “I don’t really know where we’re going either, but I don’t think we really have to...” she takes a drink from the freshly-filled vial as she points to the first name on the spreadsheet. “We’re not hoping for a place this time; we’re hoping for a person. One... ‘Whiskers Poirot.’ Whoever that is.”

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Renault smiles in return. "Thank you. It's... not exactly my fault, no. He doesn't like mages. But I can't help but be what I am."

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    The one-eyed woman nods before reaching for a small pouch at her belt, retrieving a glittering sapphire. Cautiously, she sets it down upon the table, gazing into its depths as each facet shines and glimmers in the candlelight, reflecting her dour expression.

"Old magic. The gem afore ye, a curse was laid upon it long ago."

"It'll take us 'neath the waves, safely."

"It's cursed?" Novus says, skeptical. "How is that supposed to help us?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

The woman continues, gazing into the thing. "Once, this gemstone was affixed to a blade bound to the sea itself. While the blade itself is lost, the gem remains, though corrupted. When focused, the gem'll take us where the blade now rests, at a cost."

"A cost I've te bear. Ye needn't worry yerself."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Then we will not. Anastasia says. She hauls herself up and glances around. She points back to the dim corner she emerged from.

I will be there until morning. Find me when you wish to leave. She states before trudging back over there in silence, glaring into the tavern once more.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright, fair enough." Novus agrees. "I'll find a place for myself for the night. I'm told this place has rooms. Um... you never did tell us where to meet you? The docks, I assume, but which ship?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

9. - Top - End - #9

"Oh I see. I suppose there are some people out there who aren't very comfortable with magic." Not much that can really be done about that, is there? Gudrun stares blankly at her teacup for a moment, not sure what else to add. "I-I assume she's more, um, accepting?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

A soft smile crosses Renault's face. "Oh yes. She's always been very encouraging when it comes to my studies. She knows it's a way to get out."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

11. - Top - End - #11

"A way to ge- oh, right, I see." Drow society can be very oppressive at times. Gudrun avoids pressing any further, assuming that's what Renault is getting at. Presumably this is around the point she should contribute something of her own story to the conversation? She's a little hesitant to do so. Formality is her friend, this sort of informal conversation is a bit harder to get to grips with.
    Last edited by Gnrlshrimp; 2018-07-30 at 03:15 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    "Alright, fair enough." Novus agrees. "I'll find a place for myself for the night. I'm told this place has rooms. Um... you never did tell us where to meet you? The docks, I assume, but which ship?"
    She nods a little before muttering a response, still gazing into the gemstone.

"She's called the Azurewind, ye'll find me there as well, come the morn."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

"Slavery is illegal in this city, and my lord treats me as a free person, here." Renault says. "However, in my homeland, my people are oppressed, and it's difficult to break free, even for one as skilled as I. In fact, because I am so skilled I must be especially careful. I'm valuable, but dangerous as well."

With his questions answered Novus barters with the barkeep for a room for the night, and heads upstairs. He'll be back down in the morning, where he'll look for Anastasia and head for the docks.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Adir laughs. Conquer the world, what a silly thing to say. "You want to meet people? Like women-people?" Adir wags his eyebrows, grinning like a fool.
    How sad that Adir doesn't know that this one is as true as the other one.

"Sure, but I don't speak the language of those 'woman people' which makes it hard to talk. Even thought I don't really talk with them after all."
    Last edited by Zefir; 2018-07-31 at 04:02 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #15

"I see. I-I suppose you do have to be quite careful still, don't you? So does that-" Gudrun pauses awkwardly, not sure if she's about to ask something a bit too personal. "The way you phrased that, does that mean your lord wouldn't treat you as a free man if you left Inside?"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"All right"

J drinks her dose of the potion and opens the door.
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Renault frowns. "He treats me fairly, but by the laws of my homeland I am enslaved. Until I can buy myself my freedom, I will remain as such. I think, in a way, he believes it's safer for me to remain as I am."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

18. - Top - End - #18

How sad that Adir doesn't know that this one is as true as the other one.

"Sure, but I don't speak the language of those 'woman people' which makes it hard to talk. Even thought I don't really talk with them after all."
    "Well, you know, actually going and talking to them is at least half of it. There really isn't a way to... teach talking. At least not a good way. If you want, I can play wingman," Adir crosses his arms to lean on the table. "I'm way, way out of practice, and I never got much to begin with, but it always helps to have backup."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #19

"W-well, Inside seems pretty safe?" Not entirely true, but she knows which bits of it are safe at least! There's a little internal conflict that leads to a lengthy pause as she's torn between an instinctive desire to help and her own selfish hoarding tendencies.

Can't go helping out every person in need of money, can we? And Renault looks fairly well-off if the jewelery is anything to go by! It must be very expensive to buy your freedom.

Forget the helping then. What about trade? Shinies are shinies, after all. "If you had any less, ah, personal items with you, I'd be interested in buying something."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Renault brightens. "Oh of course!" He digs through his bag and pulls out some padded jewelry boxes, and begins opening them. First is a gold and ruby necklace and earring set. Next is a brooch in silver with emeralds, shaped like a palm frond. Finally there's a bracelet in a silver-white metal with a large pink faceted crystal in it.

"These are just some samples. I have more at my shop. This piece," He indicates the bracelet, "I can enchant. It's Crysteel and Loran Crystal, a specialty of my homeland. The crystal can store a spell, while the metal channels magic."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

21. - Top - End - #21

"Well, you know, actually going and talking to them is at least half of it. There really isn't a way to... teach talking. At least not a good way. If you want, I can play wingman," Adir crosses his arms to lean on the table. "I'm way, way out of practice, and I never got much to begin with, but it always helps to have backup."
    "It allways sounds nice and easy when someone else says it" C4 replies. "But doing so is a whole different thing."
    "For example, what should I talk about? I'm not a genius knowing everything . I'm stuck in my stuff so bad i barly knew what's going up in Inside."

22. - Top - End - #22

Ooh, shiny!

Gudrun can't help herself from leaning in slightly, eyes lighting up at the sight of such delightful jewellery. She should just buy one. They're all nice. She doesn't really need something she can store magic in. She should just buy o-

"H-how, um, how much for all of them?"

23. - Top - End - #23

"It allways sounds nice and easy when someone else says it" C4 replies. "But doing so is a whole different thing."
    "For example, what should I talk about? I'm not a genius knowing everything . I'm stuck in my stuff so bad i barly knew what's going up in Inside."
    "Start off talking about them. I think asking questions - thoughtful ones - and using the answers to move things along works pretty good, in my experience," He reaches out and pats Zefir on the shoulder. "You got this, man. It's all anxiety keeping you down, I bet. What do you got to lose besides a few minutes of time?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Renault blinks. "All of them? Um, well..." He quotes a reasonable figure, perhaps even a little low. "The Crysteel bracelet is the most expensive, especially if you want me to enchant it."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

25. - Top - End - #25

"A-are you sure? I, um, I don't think I need the enchantments on the crysteel, u-unless that has some extra visual effect when you do it? If it's something special from your homeland, I just have to have it!" It's not just a shiny, it's a special shiny!

Keep calm.

She starts calmly counting out coins onto the table.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

"Visual effect? Well I can make it glow and sparkle, maybe change color?" He offers. He can't remember the last time he had such an enthusiastic customer. "No charge for that, in fact. It's a simple spell."

Renault picks up the bracelet and closes his eyes in concentration. Slowly the pink crystal begins to glow with a golden light, about the warmth of a candle. Occasionally small motes of light spark off it and disappear into the aether. The elf then opens his eyes and offers it to Gudrun. "You can change the color of the light as you wear it, or let it cycle through the rainbow. It will default to this gold color, however, as that's my natural mana color."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

27. - Top - End - #27

"Oh, that's very pretty." The rest of the coinage is swiftly counted out. Renault might note the coinage in question is rather old, has draconic writing, a dragon's head on one side and a dragon's wing on the other. "That's the right amount, yes?"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

J peeks outside and sees a cobblestone alley. It's the sort of alley that would make a shadowy and ominous venue for a fight or robbery if only it weren't noon. However, because it is noon, it's currently just kind of smelly. You can hear an accordion playing at the nearby street corner.

A chubby man with a full, bristly gray beard and tiny round sunglasses leans against a nearby dumpster, smoking a thin cigarette.

"...I can't believe that worked. I mean, that's got to be him, right?" Lesie says to J before maiking eye contact with the NPC. "Poirot?"

"Hn?" The man acknowledges noncommittally.

...Leslie suddenly draws a blank regarding how to breach the Bar Tab subject.

29. - Top - End - #29

"Start off talking about them. I think asking questions - thoughtful ones - and using the answers to move things along works pretty good, in my experience," He reaches out and pats Zefir on the shoulder. "You got this, man. It's all anxiety keeping you down, I bet. What do you got to lose besides a few minutes of time?"
    "My sanity?" Zefir replies as he get's petted. "In that case I might have a look around for some woman that at least have some simular hobbies. I#m not really good at faking intresst."
    "And i don't belive I will find them here."
    Last edited by Zefir; 2018-08-03 at 04:11 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Renault waves a hand over the coins, casting a small spell to count their value and to confirm their authenticity. In a place where nearly anything could be used as currency, the wizard had to be careful. "It's all here." He agrees, before moving it all into a large coin purse. He picks up one of the coins and turns it over in his hand. "I've never seen ones like these before. Are they from your homeland?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel