New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLIII

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    "I don't think I'd want to meet any gods directly. It seems like it'd be a very distressing experience. How do you address a deity that you don't, um, worship?" It feels like it'd all be very, very awkward.
    "With as much respect as you can muster, I imagine." Renault says. "Best to avoid angering them."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Nah, but you could show me. And I've made a few grenades, yeah," says Adir. "I can make up plastique and put together my own detonators, too."
    "rghh... Fine." he says. Not really that happy to make a teacher shop. "But I warn you. you will work long, might blow up your hearing and got bad payment, even worst then a waitress."

He let's that sick in for a while befor saying:
    "Nahhh just kiding. You work an hour and could hire a waitress for a day or night whatever ."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Even as she thinks that, Poirot crunches a corner of the bag to the sound of a breaking vial. Something clear, oily and smelling vaguely of licorice leaks out and gets all over his hand.

"Eugh! What is..."

He releases his grip on the bag as he examines his stained, twitching hand. It's already stiffened into a pale claw. The man's beady eyes light up in panic. "Mon dieu, it's gone numb! I think it's spreading! What did you do?!"
    "Honestly, I forgot I had that in there. It's a quick-acting local anesthetic with some magic ingredients to move it through the skin. It wears off in a couple hours, but you should be thankful it's only touched your arm. If it hit your lungs, say, or your heart - they might stop working."

"Do you want to see what else I have in here, or just pay up?"
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

4. - Top - End - #184
    Halfling in the Playground

Adir busts up laughing again. He had never realized C4 was such a card. "Took you so long, I was just about to remind you I do have an actual job now. Not like with Watchtower where it was just this... chaotic mess."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Arbrim shrugs, turning away from the pair to stare back into his drink.

"Suit yerself."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Calm Reed watches the display impassively.

"Where are we off to now, then?"

Ultimately it's St. Lazarus' decision what she wants to do with this offer.
    The knight shrugs. "VIGIL, if you're ready? Maybe head somewhere dangerous and beat on some criminals to pad the resume a little before going for the interview? Let them know that 'hey, we just broke some ganglord's neck all on our own before we even asked to work here' to earn some extra credit?" There's always a criminal or two who needs a beatdown in this city, and Intersection can't be everywhere. I'm not entirely sure Saint Lazarus entirely understands the hiring process at VIGIL, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Lynx speaks into his hands, making his words slightly muffled. "I just...I hate having to restrain him. I hate having to make sure he doesn't kill good people. I worry that, when he takes control, I'll do unforgivable things." He shakes his head a little and sighs. "The only way to guarantee that he doesn't take control is to get stumbling drunk or take something illegal. That makes me worry that I'll lose control and not remember it in the morning." He looks up at Erasmus and quietly says, "There's no way for me to win."
    "Why don't you get rid of him, then. Seems like something which should be destroyed." This is Erasmus' general reaction to evil magic artifacts; to destroy it, or to bury it where it will never be found.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    The knight shrugs. "VIGIL, if you're ready? Maybe head somewhere dangerous and beat on some criminals to pad the resume a little before going for the interview? Let them know that 'hey, we just broke some ganglord's neck all on our own before we even asked to work here' to earn some extra credit?" There's always a criminal or two who needs a beatdown in this city, and Intersection can't be everywhere. I'm not entirely sure Saint Lazarus entirely understands the hiring process at VIGIL, though.
    "Performing a righteous deed on our way there to prove our worth wouldn't go amiss," Calm Reed says, apparently taking her word for it. "Let's be away and see what we can encounter on our path."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #189

Adir busts up laughing again. He had never realized C4 was such a card. "Took you so long, I was just about to remind you I do have an actual job now. Not like with Watchtower where it was just this... chaotic mess."
    "How are they doing?" Zefir asks "I heared something about a name change to Vigile and a new base."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of nowhere two people appear midair in Trog's and drop down on a table. They need a moment befor they move again. They don't appear in pain, but their bodys are already mutated. One has a blown up hand and the other one a blown up feet and neck. Both have a hole in the head that closed slowly.

If nothing happens they start attacking people.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "Why don't you get rid of him, then. Seems like something which should be destroyed." This is Erasmus' general reaction to evil magic artifacts; to destroy it, or to bury it where it will never be found.
    Lynx laughs. "That would work, except that I'm pretty sure he'd just possess me if I did that. He seems to be some sort of spirit in a cane." I probably should have mentioned that if Erasmus knows history from across the multiverse, he would probably know there's a person who had a similar quest and personality.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

11. - Top - End - #191

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Performing a righteous deed on our way there to prove our worth wouldn't go amiss," Calm Reed says, apparently taking her word for it. "Let's be away and see what we can encounter on our path."
    "Alright, let's go!"

Saint Lazarus is tempted to draw her sword and dramatically point towards the door while shouting 'To VIGIL!' She manages to contain herself, however. That sort of thing would probably get her some unpleasant looks from the assorted strangers all around, and Calm Reed probably wouldn't think too highly of such exuberance either. She only has one friend in the entire world and even that friend is sorta ambiguous on whether or not she needs to die. Not drawing any extra attention is really the best thing she could possibly do right now.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2018-09-13 at 12:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

12. - Top - End - #192

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    "With as much respect as you can muster, I imagine." Renault says. "Best to avoid angering them."
    Gudrun nods, laughing slightly at the notion, "Ahh, well I suppose I ought to be fairly good at that, showing proper respect, although I imagine some gods have some pretty crazy forms of worship. I don't imagine you get time to do cultural research before bumping into them, though!"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "Alright, let's go!"

Saint Lazarus is tempted to draw her sword and dramatically point towards the door while shouting 'To VIGIL!' She manages to contain herself, however. That sort of thing would probably get her some unpleasant looks from the assorted strangers all around, and Calm Reed probably wouldn't think too highly of such exuberance either. She only has one friend in the entire world and even that friend is sorta ambiguous on whether or not she needs to die. Not drawing any extra attention is really the best thing she could possibly do right now.
    Calm Reed leads the way out of Trog's with quiet purpose.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #194

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "How are they doing?" Zefir asks "I heared something about a name change to Vigile and a new base."
    "Yeah, that was a long time ago now though. They're doing pretty well as far as I can tell. I mostly only talk to Wenomir and Cessie."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

Lynx laughs. "That would work, except that I'm pretty sure he'd just possess me if I did that. He seems to be some sort of spirit in a cane." I probably should have mentioned that if Erasmus knows history from across the multiverse, he would probably know there's a person who had a similar quest and personality.
    Erasmus has no knowledge of anyone similar (and neither does his player). He thinks on it for a minute then gives another suggestion. "If someone stronger than you took him from you, would that work? Can Bob influence anyone or only an attuned wielder?"

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Lynx says, "That's...a fair question. I have no idea. He seems to care very much about power, but nobody's been affected by him when they pick him up. So...maybe? I could always strike a deal with him to not control me, but I don't like making deals with him. He's good at making me be the loser in the situation."

17. - Top - End - #197

Out of nowhere two people appear midair in Trog's and drop down on a table. They need a moment before they move again. They don't appear in pain, but their bodys are already mutated. One has a blown up hand and the other one a blown up feet and neck. Both have a hole in the head that closed slowly.

If nothing happens they start attacking people.
    A soaking wet human wearing an equally wet green jacket enters the tavern, clumsily resisting hurricane-force winds to get the door shut. Groaning, they made their way toward one of many secluded corners and put their hand on a chair--scowling as their arm was suddenly overtaken by a black armor that they knew too well, and they looked up to see two rather damaged individuals readying combat stances on the table in front of them.

"... What the ***," Kara says in a monotone voice, quickly lifting their chair up to use as an improvised shield.
    Last edited by SpeedWitch; 2018-09-15 at 09:16 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Lynx says, "That's...a fair question. I have no idea. He seems to care very much about power, but nobody's been affected by him when they pick him up. So...maybe? I could always strike a deal with him to not control me, but I don't like making deals with him. He's good at making me be the loser in the situation."
    "I don't really know. I'm a wizard, and it sounds like your problem is with witchcraft." Erasmus mostly knows what he's talking about, but couldn't say much more about witchcraft than anyone else. "You should look for a warlock or witch, or possibly an artificer. They'd know more than I would."

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"I don't really know. I'm a wizard, and it sounds like your problem is with witchcraft." Erasmus mostly knows what he's talking about, but couldn't say much more about witchcraft than anyone else. "You should look for a warlock or witch, or possibly an artificer. They'd know more than I would."
    Nodding, Lynx says, "Yeah...yeah I think I'll do that soon. Thanks. Anything I can do for you in return?"

20. - Top - End - #200

Quote Originally Posted by Angsty Anubite View Post
    A soaking wet human wearing an equally wet green jacket enters the tavern, clumsily resisting hurricane-force winds to get the door shut. Groaning, they made their way toward one of many secluded corners and put their hand on a chair--scowling as their arm was suddenly overtaken by a black armor that they knew too well, and they looked up to see two rather damaged individuals readying combat stances on the table in front of them.

"... What the ***," Kara says in a monotone voice, quickly lifting their chair up to use as an improvised shield.
    the mutants don't appear to care for the iimprovised weapon and don't back of. The one with the blown up arms swings them around like clubs against kara. The other one has to step of the table first and drops face first to the ground.

"Yeah, that was a long time ago now though. They're doing pretty well as far as I can tell. I mostly only talk to Wenomir and Cessie."
    "Might talk to others if you want to be in touch I guess." zefir replies.
    "So, what's next?"

21. - Top - End - #201

"What's next is more booze," says Adir. "I'm parched. Have you eaten yet? Food here isn't bad either."

((I think for now we can probably handwave them drinking a bit longer into the night and call this scene a wrap, unless ye have more ideas Zef.))
    Last edited by Murkus; 2018-09-17 at 01:13 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #202

The mutants don't appear to care for the improvised weapon and don't back off. The one with the blown up arms swings them around like clubs against Kara. The other one has to step of the table first and drops face first to the ground.
    The chair barely holds itself against the first arm but shatters on the second, the impact knocking Kara to the floor. "GAAH--really don't wanna deal with this right now!" They shouted as they reached up and lifted the table their attacker stood on with their gauntlet, attempting to overturn it and tilt it towards the already floored mutant.
    Last edited by SpeedWitch; 2018-09-17 at 03:56 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Nodding, Lynx says, "Yeah...yeah I think I'll do that soon. Thanks. Anything I can do for you in return?"
    "No, no. Just tell me how it turns out." Erasmus gestures with his talons in a manner which indicates he doesn't want anything.

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #204

"What's next is more booze," says Adir. "I'm parched. Have you eaten yet? Food here isn't bad either."

((I think for now we can probably handwave them drinking a bit longer into the night and call this scene a wrap, unless ye have more ideas Zef.))
    "Okay, then let's have some relax time." he says and so they will eat and drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Angsty Anubite View Post
    The chair barely holds itself against the first arm but shatters on the second, the impact knocking Kara to the floor. "GAAH--really don't wanna deal with this right now!" They shouted as they reached up and lifted the table their attacker stood on with their gauntlet, attempting to overturn it and tilt it towards the already floored mutant.
    I should note the mutants aren't super strong they are just like ordinary humans only with strangly blown up body parts .
    The mutant on the ground was just making it up as the other one falls down on him pushing him back on the ground. They make a zombie like noise as they clash like it was painfull but neither of them keeps down they try to stand up again unless someone or something stops them. The holes in their heads are closed by now.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"No, no. Just tell me how it turns out." Erasmus gestures with his talons in a manner which indicates he doesn't want anything.
    Lynx grins and nods, quickly finishes his drink, then says, "Well, now that that's over, I feel like we should have a relatively happier conversation." He seems embarrassed by what had happened, especially in public.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

Lynx grins and nods, quickly finishes his drink, then says, "Well, now that that's over, I feel like we should have a relatively happier conversation." He seems embarrassed by what had happened, especially in public.
    "Right! In that case, barkeep, another ale, and a drink for my friend too." Erasmus ignores the bartender's plea along the lines of "but you've had 4 already."

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Right! In that case, barkeep, another ale, and a drink for my friend too." Erasmus ignores the bartender's plea along the lines of "but you've had 4 already."
    Lynx snorts a little and says to the bartender, "He's not gonna take no for an answer, so you might as well give it to him. You have my word that he'll get to his home safely. Oh, and I'll actually have two drinks, both shots of whisky. I'll pay for one." Ignoring any further protests from him, Lynx turns to Erasmus. "So, any ideas as to what we should talk about? I'm sort of drawing a blank here."

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

Lynx snorts a little and says to the bartender, "He's not gonna take no for an answer, so you might as well give it to him. You have my word that he'll get to his home safely. Oh, and I'll actually have two drinks, both shots of whisky. I'll pay for one." Ignoring any further protests from him, Lynx turns to Erasmus. "So, any ideas as to what we should talk about? I'm sort of drawing a blank here."
    "No, not a clue." Erasmus looks sheepish, or rather, as sheepish as a dragon can look.

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"No, not a clue." Erasmus looks sheepish, or rather, as sheepish as a dragon can look.
    "****. Well, uh, what do you do for work?" Lynx is obviously just grasping at straws now.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

"****. Well, uh, what do you do for work?" Lynx is obviously just grasping at straws now.
    "Well, right now I'm a mercenary." Erasmus says this as if it's perfectly normal. Nothing unusual about mercenary work.

My Nexus characters