New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Conference Headquarters

[Kramolagh's Office - After Lockdown]

If Kramolagh reacts to the cyborg's explanation, he doesn't show it. Instead, the gray-coated man calmly jots down yet another number upon his small notebook, staring towards Magtok as he begins to rise up. Just before the cyborg leaves Kramolagh's office, he utters a brief warning.

"If vhe meet under zhese circumstances again, zhere vhill be g-greater consequences."

"Shape up. Or zhey vhill shape you."

--

[Production/Robotics - Amity]

The tired looking scientist offers a sad smile, glancing towards his clipboard again. "Mm. Dr. Valiance needs to speak with you."

"He says it's important, something about your request for intertial dampeners. Would you come with me?"

--

[Front Desk - Myranda and Amity]

Myranda grimaces here, smiling a little in order to hopefully make up for her seemingly lost expression. She was very rusty at all this! "Something to eat sounds wonderful, I'd love to get to know more about you."

"Somewhere where we can drink, I hope..."

--

[Aurelia Laur’ve - Manorhouse - Washing Basin]

Kramolagh chuckles darkly before dismissing Aurelia, gesturing for his guards to accompany her as he disappears deeper into the manorhouse. The washing room that the security rooms gesture Aurelia towards is quite expansive, its architecture exquisite at first, but somewhat disturbing when viewed a second time, featuring a number of sexualized tentacle murals, strange ceramics, and dark green tiles. At the center of the large chamber, a very large and ominously deep looking pool-like basin can be seen.

There's also a dizzying array of cleaning materials, self-care tools, and products of every shape, size, scent, and texture.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

The short woman lets out a sigh, and removes herself from the machine she's working on. Tank lets the steel cover he'd been holding onto drop onto the part she'd been working on, "I guess I'll finish this up later."

Amity will grab a towel off the wall and wipe off her hands, "please, lead the way," and assuming the scientist goes to lead them, Amity and Tank will follow.

"Well, I know there's a bar and grille in Inside. Shouldn't be too hard to get there," Amity offers.
    Last edited by Halae; 2018-09-15 at 01:27 AM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

She grimaces here, forming an apologetic smile upon her face as she listens to Amity's suggestion. "A what? Bar, so... it has alcohol."

"That... should be fine, then."

4. - Top - End - #304
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kramolagh's Office - After Lockdown

Imbecile. That goose-stepping, paper-hoarding, dragon-shtupping, eldritch abomination-summoning, Bowie-tainting, stuttering little ball of protozoic faeces. The moment Kramolagh ceases to be useful, the moment we no longer need to worry about that contract or that dragon, we are so going to enjoy killing him. When the time is right, he'll learn exactly what happens when you apply a jackbooted heel to creative endeavors, to mad science, to the gifted and eccentric. We'll start slow, probably. Work him over with a few fists to the face, get him puffy and swollen and dazed. Bludgeon him in the chest with a pipe or bat or similarly blunt object, crack a few ribs. Then a few more punches about the face and neck, until our hand starts to get sore and bloody from all the chipped teeth scratching against our knuckles. Then a few more after that. A shot of adrenaline to keep him awake and aware of what's going on, and then more punching, until we've thrown enough punches to shatter bone, until all that's left of his face is an ugly smear. Only then, not a single moment sooner, will all this hatred and spite and contempt be washed away, the infuriating pit in our stomach cleansed and forgotten.

"I will, sir," Magtok promises, as he strides out of Kram's office. Yep, the day of reckoning draws oh so near. It's going to be great. Getting ahead of ourselves, though. We should probably go find Amity, warn her about what just happened and find out if we're still on for that date, provided no one else has already swooped in while we were out. There's a detail or two of our plan that still needs some ironing out, and Amity's pet Godzilla demon would be perfect for it.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2018-09-15 at 03:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

5. - Top - End - #305
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

Kramolagh chuckles darkly before dismissing Aurelia, gesturing for his guards to accompany her as he disappears deeper into the manorhouse. The washing room that the security rooms gesture Aurelia towards is quite expansive, its architecture exquisite at first, but somewhat disturbing when viewed a second time, featuring a number of sexualized tentacle murals, strange ceramics, and dark green tiles. At the center of the large chamber, a very large and ominously deep looking pool-like basin can be seen.

There's also a dizzying array of cleaning materials, self-care tools, and products of every shape, size, scent, and texture.
    Aurelia looks back with a fair amount of unease; that chuckle did *not* bode well at all. Nor does the room's scenery, she concludes as the rooms () shepherd them in, before hopefully leaving her to bathe. Unless some more weirdness occurs - which seems fitting, considering the locale - Aurelia will go about bathing as quickly and thoroughly as possible, hoping not to linger here any longer than she can help it.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Aurelia will be left alone during the time in which she bathes, allowed to enjoy the luxuries of the washing chamber as long as she would like. Once she's finished, she'll find several clean sets of clothes laid out for her upon the counter, clothes which certainly were not there when she entered the chamber. Once she's finished dressing, the security officers stationed just outside will silently lead her forward, through the wide halls of the extravagant manorhouse, until the small gathering approaches Kramolagh's study.

Much like the rest of the gothic manorhouse above ground, the large and imperial chamber below which acts as Kramolagh's study is exquisite, packed with all manner of strange knick-knacks and foreign articles stored within glass cases or mounted upon walls. Dark purple tapestries depicting eerie symbols lined with golden threads hang from the walls, while a thick carpet of a matching shade and consistency drapes across the fine wooden floor. Crowded bookshelves filled with a variety of bizarre titles line the walls of the chamber, which smells of dark wine and exotic herbs. Incense burns atop a large mahogany table, lined with glittering gilded accents of faded gold.

All throughout the room, portraits of individuals of various humanoid species hang from the walls, posed nude. Built into small nooks, dozens of glass cases filled with a number of occult objects can be seen, many of which appear far more fragile than the artifacts on display elsewhere. An enormous mural depicting what appears to be the depths of space has been painted onto the farthest wall, flanked by odd pillars carved with disturbingly sexual murals featuring tentacles of various shapes and forms. Across the room, an ornate desk can be seen. Dark curtains are pulled over each of the large windows within this room, yet flickering lamps bathe the room in weak illumination, before shrouding the chamber in shadow once more.

Kramolagh rests his gloved hands against the rich, dark wood before gesturing to the comfortable chair in front of the desk. A bottle of wine can be seen, as well as two tall glasses.

"Please, sit."

--

Amity will be lead through several winding tunnels before finally reaching one of the testing bunkers frequently utilized by the robotics department. his large, utilitarian firing range is the size of an entire warehouse, full of metallic boxes and labels. Thick glass columns filled with brackish liquid and masses of stringy flesh occupy numerous niches along this hall. At about a quarter of the way into the bunker, a reinforced glass wall can be seen, allowing onlookers to stare into the testing chamber created within the bunker.

Two men in white uniforms currently tend to a large, frightening-looking device situated at the end of the testing area nearest to the exist, though still within the confines of the glass chamber. A particularly tall looking man clad in a gray conference uniform appears to be operating an enormous laser gun. An unusual pack can be seen worn over his shoulders, and what appears to be a radar dish has been strapped to his head.

Assistant Ormin speaks, "Dr. Valiance, she's here."

--

[Kramolagh's Office - Amity]

Precisely thirty minutes after Kramolagh's conversation with Magtok, Myranda approaches Amity, her face white.

"Amity... The Executor. You've been called to his office."

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah. Generally some rotgut types, but I'm willing to bet they'll have something a bit more fruity if that's your kind of drink," Amity says, smiling, "good food too. Meat, even; juciest stuff I've had since leaving Diamond City. They've even got fruit there! I love apples."

"Hey doc," Amity says, grinning. Another weirdo! Excellent! "I'm told you've got news about the inertial dampener I requested?"

"Huh," Amity says, standing up from the desk she'd been working on strapping together a weapon prototype on. It's a large gray contraption, bulky, and with a handle sized for someone closer to seven feet tall than Amity's five feet tall and dainty (if calloused) hands.

She slides out of her chair, and nods to Tank who falls in step behind her, "Thanks for letting me know," she says blithely, either unaware that getting called to the Executor is a bad thing or not caring in the first place, "I'll go see what he wants."

She gives Myranda a winning smile and heads off in the direction of Kramolagh's office. Tank gives Myranda a brief, affectionate lick to the shoulder before following along behind Amity.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Myrands nods a little here, absentmindedly fingering one of the rings of the topmost binder set upon the small pile of paperwork before her. "Oh, that... sounds exciting, I think! I'm good with whatever, to be honest. Anything would work, long as it's just us. I don't think I've the energy for others, so... It'll be just us, right?"

--

The scientist, Valiance, sets down the enormous gun upon a nearby table in as delicate a way as possible, seeing as he was dealing with a thoroughly powerful weapon. Wiping a bead of sweat from his aged brow, the man sits down upon a nearby chair, slumping forward as he does so.

"Great big bastard, that one."

"You're the recruit with all the overtime, yeah?"

--

Much like the rest of the gothic manorhouse above ground, the large and imperial chamber below which acts as Kramolagh's second office is exquisite, packed with all manner of strange knick-knacks and foreign articles stored within glass cases or mounted upon walls. Dark purple tapestries depicting eerie symbols lined with golden threads hang from the walls, while a thick carpet of a matching shade and consistency drapes across the fine wooden floor. Crowded bookshelves filled with a variety of bizarre titles line the walls of the chamber, which smells of dark wine and exotic herbs. Incense burns atop a large mahogany table, lined with glittering gilded accents of faded gold.

All throughout the room, portraits of individuals of various humanoid species hang from the walls, posed nude. Built into small nooks, dozens of glass cases filled with a number of occult objects can be seen, many of which appear far more fragile than the artifacts on display elsewhere. An enormous mural depicting what appears to be the depths of space has been painted onto the farthest wall, flanked by odd pillars carved with disturbingly sexual murals featuring tentacles of various shapes and forms. Across the room, an ornate desk can be seen. Dark curtains are pulled over each of the large windows within this room, yet flickering lamps bathe the room in weak illumination, before shrouding the chamber in shadow once more.

Kramolagh rests his gloved hands against the rich, dark wood before gesturing to the comfortable chair in front of the desk. Unlike other visits, a pair of armed security officers have been positioned in front of each pillar across the chamber, and an imposing, twelve-foot tall humanoid seemingly crafted of exquisite clockwork. The glossy gray metal shines in the light, standing out in stark contrast against the ornate golden cloak wrapped about the creature, seemingly crafted of actual spun-gold.

"Please, madame. Sit."

Spoiler: Reference Images
    Show
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2018-09-17 at 10:06 PM.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, there's going to be other people there, but it's not like I'm inviting anybody else," Amity says, "So, as long as you don't invite anybody else, we should be fine. And Tank can keep watch for us!"

The big lizard croons his approval. He'll keep them from being bothered.

"That's me. Though it's less that I'm dedicated and more that I just find the work I'm doing fun. I've always enjoyed pulling things apart and building stuff. Was a scavenger in my old world," Amity finds a place to sit or at least lean against herself, grinning all the while. Tank slinks behind her, and nuzzles her shoulder, looking for chin scratches. She obliges him.

Tank will remain outside the office for the moment, curling up in the corner of the hallway - within reach of the door in case he's needed, but by no means asleep or unaware. It seems he's wary at the moment, and as such is playing guard dog.

Amity, meanwhile, is the picture of confidence. Aside from some light staining around the sleeves of her lab coat, her uniform is immaculate. This must be a new one, or she has some way to clean oil stains out of fabric. Her expression, her posture, the language of her body is one of complete confidence and self assurance as she sits down across from Kramolagh, and waits for him to speak first, looking him dead in the eyes. This is not an individual that will be easily cowed - it may occur to him that she actually looks much better today than she has in the past few weeks. She's certainly been sleeping more often, in spite of not sleeping as much as most of the other scientists, and her interest in her work has made her a happy individual whose morale is, while perhaps not infectious, leading to some impressive production.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Kramolagh taps his gloved fingers absentmindedly against the darkened wood of his desk, his cheek twitching ever so slightly as Amity steps forward. As the woman sits down before him, the gray-coated man rests his elbows upon the table, fingers steepled before him. After breathing in sharply, he leans forward, his enigmatic expression difficult to read from behind the large lenses of his ornate onyx spectacles.

His stare is intense, but finally, he speaks.

"It has come to my attention, as vhell as zhe attention of our... associates zhat zhere vhas an unreported l-laboratory incident last Thursday, one vhich vhould have been potentially problematic, had you n-not recieved aid from anozher employee."

"Is zhis correct?"

--

The glossy clockwork creature stares blankly towards Amity, the very air around it shimmering, tiny gold numbers seemingly floating off of its form before vanishing into the air. The golden orbs which act as eyes grow smaller as it focuses upon Amity, golden beams of light in the form of streams of number-patterns projected towards her.

A beam which ought to allow the creature to detect lies, likely unbeknownst to Amity.

Myranda nods here, pleased with how the conversation was flowing. "Oh, alright. Well... great! I... I'll see you then!"

The old man nods here before reaching for a canister at his belt. He cracks it open before greedily gulping down the somewhat foul smelling contents. After a sip, the man reaches for a bottle of clear alcohol and pours it into the foul elixir. This appears to improve the taste.

"Right, right. Impressive stuff, that. Recruits don't last long, lately."

"Now, you've made some peculiar requests lately. Why?"

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Amity shrugs, and leans on the arm of her chair, her chin resting on her closed hand in a pose of relaxation, "Yes and no. You're talking about Magtok, right? He came down and helped me with the checks into my systems. Normally, I'd run them solo a few times, catch the bugs, you know? Then I look into the systems and dial up the energy from base to high and back down again. Magtok helped identify a power blockage that would have caused some problems and would have caused a buildup that would have set off the power system i'm using for my suit design. It would have taken me three or four more hours to figure out the problem, I think, and if he told you that if someone turned it up to full power without running through the proper tests first it'd have exploded, he's right. But I'm also not stupid enough to run through tests like that at full power. I don't have all my limbs because I sticking my head into stupid."

"So, to summarize; no, there was no incident. There was no potential incident. There was, however, Magtok increasing the efficiency of my design by a huge leap and preventing me from needing to run a series of tests to figure out what the problem was, and then we talked about what kind of explosion would have resulted if we turned it up to max blast. Because honestly, that kind of talk is fun, and can lead to some interesting weapons development. You know, I'm thinking we could modify my power source to produce high yield explosives. It might even possible to create shaped charges with them. But, on the other hand the power source I'm using might not be perfectly economical here in the Nexus - I dunno, that's kind of your job to judge."

Amity shrugs, "Maybe he was more spooked by the potential explosion than I was, I have no idea. It was just a neat idea to me."

The inevitable, while it won't detect any lies, may detect that Amity is hiding something. With her eyes on the little thing, Amity says, "What is that, a little robot? It's using some kind of scan... ah! You're checking my biometrics for tells about lying, right?" Close, but not quite Amity, "Well, I'll let the results speak for themselves. How'd you get that gold lustre in it? I've tried to make something like that and it always comes out looking like tarnished bronze."

Amity will take Myranda's hand for a moment, grinning, "Talk to you soon!" and then will let go after a moment, heading back towards her lab. Tank, after waving to Myranda for a moment, follows in the short woman's wake.

"For the inertial dampener?" Amity asks. If he gives confirmation, "Well, the same reason why anybody needs inertial dampeners - G-forces that'd otherwise kill someone. I've got a way to make a person's body go, from nothing to top speed, in a few seconds, and make turns in midair. The problem is the forces required to do that kind of thing would turn your internal organs into pulp and make your eyeballs vibrate so fast you can't see. So, negating the inertia on the wearer is important, and if they screw up, it'd save them from being seriously injured or killed by the fall. The suit itself- screw it, let me just show you the schematics."

She reaches into her back pocket and pulls out a roll of papers, which she hands to the doctor in front of her. It'll show him her design for the modular exo-frame she's designed, and the next sheet will show off what she's apparently calling the 'spider harness'. It has grappling lines that can extend out of the hands, allowing the wearer to swing at high speeds, control their height in the air, and move rapidly, so long as they have something above them to latch onto, such as buildings or tall trees. There's a little sketch of Spider-man down at the bottom, to show where she got the inspiration for it.

"The inertial dampener would have to be man portable, but if it was built correctly, it could go on the back of the armor's torso, removing it from the line of fire in most combat scenarios."

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Kramolagh nods here, listening intently. Amity had been a model employee so far, highly productive and generally well-liked by her co-workers. Regardless, the cyborg's report had been especially troubling. After she finishes, he clasps his hands together before tapping away at the computer at his desk. "Hm. Vhel, you s-see, Magtok did not seem to view your experiments so casually." At that, he begins to play a copy of the audio recording taken earlier, during the time in which the cyborg was present.

"Fine. I didn't want to be a narc, but you've left me no other option. Last Thursday, 3:23 PM, Amity runs a stress test on one of her designs. The coolant system did not experience an unexpected leak three minutes into the test. The ammunition did not cook. The test did not fail spectacularly. The two of us were not consumed in flames in the blink of an eye, along with roughly nine-tenths of the building in what I can only describe as 'castastrophic existence failure' and a 'category seven INES incident,'"

Once the recording has finished, Kramolagh speaks once more. "Perhaps you c-can understand my concerns."

--

The Kolyarut grimaces as it stares towards Amity, its bright eyes flashing.

"I am no machine."
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2018-09-19 at 09:44 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, that sound accurate to what would have happened if we went full bore. That's sort of the thing that happens when you're designing high-energy anti-vehicle weaponry," Amity says, "I'd say neither of us actually lied. We just have different perceptions of what happened; like I said, if I did turn it up to full power, an explosive power buildup would have happened, but because I'm not so stupid as to do that, I would have experimented first and figured out why the power wasn't channeling properly."

The excuse from Amity is kind of perfect. No blame has been laid on anybody, nothing has actually gone wrong, and both contributors helped to improve the tech in question. The only issue was a slight miscommunication. Not something that can be countered by Kram - after all, controlling thoughts would defeat the purpose of having scientists in the first place - And Amity seems perfectly at ease with her response.

She also nods towards the inevitable, in a manner of respect. So what if the robot doesn't want to be called a robot? That's how it goes, and it's not like Amity hasn't encountered plenty of haywire robots in the past.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Kramolagh nods slowly here, his expression blank. "I understand. Zhe reality of a situation can become blurred during high-stress s-situations. Vhile I empathize vith y-your situation, zhe unfortunate fact of zhe matter is zhat m-my hands are tied. It is company policy to assign an observational task force following controversial events such as zhis. One of our... mutual partners vhill be assigned to you for a period in vhich your vhork vhill be more closely assessed, for the purposes of determining overall quality."

"You are, of course, one of our b-best employees, so I vhould not vhorry."

--

The inevitable's eyes narrow.

[Later - 25 Minutes Past Meeting Time]

Amity's phone will ring. Should she answer it, Myranda's familiar voice will become apparent, though she's obviously quite distressed, and seems to have been crying.

"Amity... I'm s-sorry, I don't think I can... can make it tonight. I'm so sorry."

15. - Top - End - #315

Aurelia will be left alone during the time in which she bathes, allowed to enjoy the luxuries of the washing chamber as long as she would like. Once she's finished, she'll find several clean sets of clothes laid out for her upon the counter, clothes which certainly were not there when she entered the chamber. Once she's finished dressing, the security officers stationed just outside will silently lead her forward, through the wide halls of the extravagant manorhouse, until the small gathering approaches Kramolagh's study.

Much like the rest of the gothic manorhouse above ground, the large and imperial chamber below which acts as Kramolagh's study is exquisite, packed with all manner of strange knick-knacks and foreign articles stored within glass cases or mounted upon walls. Dark purple tapestries depicting eerie symbols lined with golden threads hang from the walls, while a thick carpet of a matching shade and consistency drapes across the fine wooden floor. Crowded bookshelves filled with a variety of bizarre titles line the walls of the chamber, which smells of dark wine and exotic herbs. Incense burns atop a large mahogany table, lined with glittering gilded accents of faded gold.

Kramolagh rests his gloved hands against the rich, dark wood before gesturing to the comfortable chair in front of the desk. A bottle of wine can be seen, as well as two tall glasses.

"Please, sit."
    Aurelia quirks her eyebrow as she steps out of the bath at the sight of the clothes that were clearly not there before. Everything just kept getting spookier and scarier, it was fairly unsettling. Still, spooky clothes were better than no clothes, and she soon leaves dressed in a simple combination of black leggings and a long-sleeved white blouse, following the guards quietly.

As she enters the study, Aurelia has to suppress a soft gasp. The room was certainly a sight to behold, and even if at least half of it all was very much not a sight one wanted to behold, it did have a certain level of artistry she could begrudgingly admire. Approaching the desk and sliding into the proffered chair, Kramolagh might notice that she looked just a little more at ease, though that's not exactly saying much. "It's certainly a nice place you have here." She comments, more out of a nervous need to talk than a true attempt to converse.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aurelia Laur’ve - Manorhouse - Kramolagh's Study]

As she enters the study, Kramolagh glances towards Aurelia, a small smile upon his pale face. His coat is nowhere to be seen, and instead the man is clad in a pale green undershirt, finished with a light gray vest. Each button glitters in the light, and a plain gray tie has been tucked into the impeccably tailored vest.

Shining in the light, a small ring can be seen worn upon his left index finger, his pale hands perfect and unblemished.

--

He gestures towards a small glass of wine across his desk before pressing a button. A few seconds later, a magical projector appears, forming an illusory screen at the end of the room.

"My thanks."

"You look l-lovely."

17. - Top - End - #317

As she enters the study, Kramolagh glances towards Aurelia, a small smile upon his pale face. His coat is nowhere to be seen, and instead the man is clad in a pale green undershirt, finished with a light gray vest. Each button glitters in the light, and a plain gray tie has been tucked into the impeccably tailored vest.

Shining in the light, a small ring can be seen worn upon his left index finger, his pale hands perfect and unblemished.

--

He gestures towards a small glass of wine across his desk before pressing a button. A few seconds later, a magical projector appears, forming an illusory screen at the end of the room.

"My thanks."

"You look l-lovely."
    Reaching a little hesitantly for the glass of wine, the woman elects to take a testing sip. She didn't think there would be any tomfoolery afoot - while unsettling, Kram didn't seem to come off as the type for such things - but she couldn't help but be a little cautious. Caution is a healthy trait, after all.

"You as well." She responds, a little distracted as the magical projector catches her eye. She hadn't quite had the time to be reintroduced to the existence of magic yet, so it was somewhat unusual for her.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

The wine seems perfectly normal, no immediate effect takes place. Kramolagh smiles politely as she takes a drink, casually extending a pale hand to gently pull back several loose strands of Aurelia's hair behind her ear, looking on with an almost seductive expression, one which exposes his sharpened, white teeth.

"You've grown into a beautiful vhoman. You know, once vhe'ere done here..."

"I think I've someone who'd like to meet you."

--

The video begins soon after, and appears thoroughly standard, at first.

19. - Top - End - #319

The wine seems perfectly normal, no immediate effect takes place. Kramolagh smiles politely as she takes a drink, casually extending a pale hand to gently pull back several loose strands of Aurelia's hair behind her ear, looking on with an almost seductive expression, one which exposes his sharpened, white teeth.

"You've grown into a beautiful vhoman. You know, once vhe'ere done here..."

"I think I've someone who'd like to meet you."

--

The video begins soon after, and appears thoroughly standard, at first.

Aurelia flinches slightly as she feels Kramolagh's touch upon her hair, doing her best attempt to conceal just how uncomfortable she was feeling. The Executor's choice of words didn't help either. I mean seriously, he had to go with "You've grown into a beautiful woman", not something like "You're a beautiful woman" or "My, you look lovely madame"? That first one just sounded... creepy!

"An introduction wouldn't hurt, I'm sure." The woman takes another sip of her wine, trying to calm her nerves a little bit.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

Although the video remains relatively standard for several moments, explaining the nature of the Nexus as well as a less-than-factually-accurate account of her father's life. Eventually though, once the alchemical concoction laced with the wine begins to function, the video changes, becoming little more than a sickening pattern of grotesque images and gigeresque shapes.

By then, Aurelia will likely find herself highly perceptible to the images, as well as the words which pour forth from behind the Executor's lips.

"Zhese images... zhey are m-meaningless to you, are zhey not? Yet zhey... inspire somezhing in you. Mm, it is s-said zhat zhe most restrictive yet simultaneously merciful zhing in the world vhould be zhe inherent inability of zhe human mind to correlate all its contents. Zhis... inability, h-however. It does not have to apply to... us."

"Vhat... vhonders I could show you."

--

He allows for a small, wicked grin, tracing his fingers down her form.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2018-10-01 at 06:00 PM.

21. - Top - End - #321

Aurelia Laur’ve - Manorhouse - Kramolagh's Study

The woman attempts to distract herself from Kramolagh's advances by focusing on the video, and for a brief period it starts to work... but then things get weird. "Wha... what is this?" She demands... no, she asks, confusedly, a slight haze washing over her. This... this didn't feel right.

The Executor should be able to tell right away that whatever eldritch concoction he laced Aurelia's drink with is certainly starting to work its magic, the woman's gaze going a little unfocused and befuddled. Most tellingly, she doesn't flinch or recoil as she feels his touch upon her, shivering just the slightest from the sensation.

"I... I feel... strange, looking at these... they're so... alluring. Do you... do you mean to say that you could help me... understand what lies within them? Show me... show me things even more beautiful and fascinating?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Kramolagh nods quietly, continuing to absentmindedly wander Aurelia's form, glancing over at the sinister video, staring forward comfortably. The concoction was working far more efficiently than the last time it had been utilized, without any of the unfortunate side-effects experienced with the previous users.

Finally, he raises his pale hand up once more, setting his thumb up against her lips, staring into her eyes.

"Oh, you pretty little zhing. So eager, aren't you?"

"It is said by some zhat man vhas n-not meant to seek zhat vhich lies beyond our mortal ken, zhat it is absolutely n-necessary for zhe darkest corner's and unplumbed depths of our u-universe to be left alone, lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life. Zhey are quite mistaken. Zhese vheak-minded men and vhomen vhould see our civilization quivering in the shade, wallowing in ignorance of zhe beauteous vhonders beyond."

"Vhonders vhich I vhill s-show you, sweet girl."

[Chemical Laboratory]

Nigel will find himself summoned by his direct superior, Director Orvhelle, to the Chemical Labs for his introduction to the alchemical sciences. The Chemical Laboratories are accessible through several blast doors which resemble enormous hatches, revealing a bizarre laboratory filled with tangles of tubes full of sickly green fluid, thick cords, and thousands of wires bolted safely to the metallic walls.

Black, acrid smoke churns from dial-covered technochemical devices which buzz and bellow, and a thick green liquid bubbles violently within tall glass cylinders that feed a central device resembling a giant metallic coffin. After several seconds, a particularly ominous-looking woman in a white lab coat steps forward, glancing towards Nigel.

"Ah, you have arrived."
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2018-10-04 at 11:26 PM.

23. - Top - End - #323

Chemical Laboratory

Nigel shows up rocking a welding helmet flipped up off of his face, stowing a couple of stoppered vials into his bag as he enters the room. Hey Orville! He greets her cheerily, completely slaughtering the pronunciation of her name. Orvhelle even though she's been getting Nigel's reports on his work the past few weeks - will likely have no idea what he's been working on. He's certainly made good progress with the virus (isolating various strains, theorizing and testing a few treatments, beginning to nail down its structure), but he's also seen fit to produce a stock of medicine for the infirmary that's proven far more effective for treating burns and cuts than what they were using before, as well as a method of deploying various chemicals via smoke or foam reactions.

I think I'm making progress on a synthflesh we could use that should stretch better than the stuff you've used. He says, digging out a notebook and flipping through a few pages. Dialing back the phosphates has helped a bunch. He looks up, as if remembering why he was here in the first place. Oh, yeah, you wanted me for something right?
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Kramolagh nods slowly here, his expression blank. "I understand. Zhe reality of a situation can become blurred during high-stress s-situations. Vhile I empathize vith y-your situation, zhe unfortunate fact of zhe matter is zhat m-my hands are tied. It is company policy to assign an observational task force following controversial events such as zhis. One of our... mutual partners vhill be assigned to you for a period in vhich your vhork vhill be more closely assessed, for the purposes of determining overall quality."

"You are, of course, one of our b-best employees, so I vhould not vhorry."

--

The inevitable's eyes narrow.

By the tightness of Amity's lips, and the way her smile strains a little, it's clear she's not pleased. All the same, she nods, lets out a breath, and says to the Inevitable, "Of course. What should I call you? Since we'll be working together."

Amity's phone will ring. Should she answer it, Myranda's familiar voice will become apparent, though she's obviously quite distressed, and seems to have been crying.

"Amity... I'm s-sorry, I don't think I can... can make it tonight. I'm so sorry."

Amity frowns, as she listens to the phone, "Hey, it's alright, there'll be other times. What's going on? Why are you crying?"
    Last edited by Halae; 2018-10-10 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Spelling

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Chemical Laboratory

Nigel shows up rocking a welding helmet flipped up off of his face, stowing a couple of stoppered vials into his bag as he enters the room. Hey Orville! He greets her cheerily, completely slaughtering the pronunciation of her name. Orvhelle even though she's been getting Nigel's reports on his work the past few weeks - will likely have no idea what he's been working on. He's certainly made good progress with the virus (isolating various strains, theorizing and testing a few treatments, beginning to nail down its structure), but he's also seen fit to produce a stock of medicine for the infirmary that's proven far more effective for treating burns and cuts than what they were using before, as well as a method of deploying various chemicals via smoke or foam reactions.

I think I'm making progress on a synthflesh we could use that should stretch better than the stuff you've used. He says, digging out a notebook and flipping through a few pages. Dialing back the phosphates has helped a bunch. He looks up, as if remembering why he was here in the first place. Oh, yeah, you wanted me for something right?
    The woman twitches, though due to her half-synthetic nature, perhaps her fake-flesh was merely writhing about somewhat. She looks about Nigel's form, ignoring his first few sentences before narrowing her eyes, appearing as displeased as humanly possible for her, which is very much so.

"...Mr. Rutherford."

"Where, exactly, is your formulae book? You were to provide one. As per my last email..."

26. - Top - End - #326

Chemical Laboratory

Nigel pauses for a sec before recognition floods over his face. Ohhhh, yeah yeah yeah. He puts his notebook back into his satchel, before rooting around for a second and pulling forth a sensible looking leather-bound book. This'll do, right? Guy at the shop said it was what I was looking for. Kramolagh definitely got an expense report for this. No way is Nigel paying for essential workplace materials.

Show

27. - Top - End - #327

Kramolagh nods quietly, continuing to absentmindedly wander Aurelia's form, glancing over at the sinister video, staring forward comfortably. The concoction was working far more efficiently than the last time it had been utilized, without any of the unfortunate side-effects experienced with the previous users.

Finally, he raises his pale hand up once more, setting his thumb up against her lips, staring into her eyes.

"Oh, you pretty little zhing. So eager, aren't you?"

"It is said by some zhat man vhas n-not meant to seek zhat vhich lies beyond our mortal ken, zhat it is absolutely n-necessary for zhe darkest corner's and unplumbed depths of our u-universe to be left alone, lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life. Zhey are quite mistaken. Zhese vheak-minded men and vhomen vhould see our civilization quivering in the shade, wallowing in ignorance of zhe beauteous vhonders beyond."

"Vhonders vhich I vhill s-show you, sweet girl."
    Aurelia gasps at the touch, staring back into Kramolagh's eyes with a look of unbridled fascination as his words process in her addled mind. "I- yes, I... I guess I am eager." The vaguely disoriented blonde nodded, blushing slightly at the slightly teasing tone the Executor's words seemed to impart.

I mean, was it that strange? This utterly fascinating man was speaking about offers to be something wondrous, to grasp at the boundaries of human knowledge and tear them apart.

It was... strange, she had never felt much of a passion for academics or the advancement of some higher education. But still, the possibilities sent a surge of excitement through her veins.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Myranda's response is somewhat strangled by static for several seconds. "-nd now, I j-just don't know what to do."

[Chemical Laboratory]

Director Orvhelle grimaces as Nigel retrieves his tome before gesturing towards her own, an exquisitely decorated tome of purple leather, plated in silver.

"What do you know of alchemy?"

[Kramolagh's Study - Ritual Chamber]

Confidently, sensually, Kramolagh grasped Aurelia's little hand with his own, twisting his thin fingers between her own, absent-mindedly stroking at the back of her hand with several sharp and perfectly manicured nails. Calmly, the executor rises before grasping at Aurelia's waist with his other, gently tracing up her side.

The sensation is somewhat unsettling, for each nail is rather sharp.

"Zhis vhay, little t-thing."

--

After guiding her to a shelf across the room, Kramolagh lets go of her hand, tapping at several tomes before providing identification, causing the wall itself to slide away.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Amity frowns. Static? Here? inside the building? At this exact moment?

No.

"Myranda, something is monitoring this call - it blocked out everything you just tried to tell me. I'm coming to you, alright? You can tell me in person, away from whatever's trying to keep you from telling me,"
    She doesn't hang up though, instead turning to Tank. She nods, he nods back, and Tank picks her up before racing off in the direction of the dorms. He has a powerful sense of smell, and should be able to tell where Myranda is based on how old the scents are. If she's in the dorm, he'll be able to find her there. If she isn't, they'll have a trail to follow elsewhere.

30. - Top - End - #330

Chemical Laboratory

Uh, pretty much nothing. Lead into gold, eternal life, etc etc. Nigel says, gesticulating as he talks. The guy at the shop tried to sell me an alchemy for morons book but I figured that's what we'd be learning here so I didn't get it. I did get this sweet alembic though! He adds, dragging a copper still out of his bag as well. It's a decent beginner's tool.

Show