New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Conference Headquarters

[Feia - Slumbersun Research Facility - Finishing the Tour]

Kramolagh nods in response before the technological bracelet at his wrist beeps twice, some sort of signal. The gray-coated man begins to lead Feia once more throughout the facility, navigating through the seemingly endless maze of labyrinthine laboratories containing all manner of strange and unsettling experiments.

The Occult Virology Laboratory, as well as the Arkanen Laboratory receive special attention.

--

By the end of the tour, Kramolagh begins to guide Feia back above ground, through layers upon layers of security. Once they return to the manorhouse above, the gray-coated man will guide her through the mansion, eventually leading her into a secret chamber behind an ornate bookcase. Much like the rest of the gothic manorhouse, the large and imperial chamber is exquisite, packed with all manner of strange knick-knacks and foreign articles stored within glass cases or mounted upon walls. Dark purple tapestries depicting eerie symbols lined with golden threads hang from the walls, while a thick carpet of a matching shade and consistency drapes across the fine wooden floor. Crowded bookshelves filled with a variety of bizarre titles line the walls of the chamber, which smells of dark wine and exotic herbs. Incense burns atop a large mahogany table, lined with glittering gilded accents of faded gold.

All throughout the room, portraits of individuals of various humanoid species hang from the walls, posed nude. Built into small nooks, dozens of glass cases filled with a number of occult objects can be seen, many of which appear far more fragile than the artifacts on display elsewhere. A small fireplace depicting what appears to be a woman's face rests against the farthest wall, flanked by odd pillars carved with disturbingly sexual murals featuring tentacles of various shapes and forms. A luxurious couch faces the fireplace, while across the room, an ornate desk can be seen. Dark curtains are pulled over each of the large windows within this room, yet flickering lamps bathe the room in weak illumination, before shrouding the chamber in shadow once more.

Kramolagh navigates towards his desk, resting his gloved hands against the rich, dark wood before gesturing to the comfortable chair in front of the desk.

"Please, sit. Vhelcome to my s-study."

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Feia - Slumbersun Research Facility - Kramolagh's Study]

By the end of the tour, Feia idly notes that she misses doing the field work a bit. There's something pleasant about being personally involved in these sorts of information gathering excursions.
    Mad scientists always put on a good show.

She takes a moment to let her eyes rove over this final room, noting the little details that speak of Kramolagh's character and interests, which by and large aren't really that surprising at this point of the day.
    Much of this has been on display in some form or another elsewhere, this merely implies that it is definitely a personal and professional interest. Which is worth noting.

"Quaint."
    A pleasant, if odd, choice of office arrangement. Save, perhaps, for some of those more Outer interests suggested by a few pieces...
    But Feia isn't looking to argue about that again, instead moving over to the indicated chair and making herself comfortable.

"You most certainly have an interesting facility under your care, here."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Kramolagh nods politely in response, leaning forward somewhat. Cautiously, he adjusts the curious bit of cloth worn about his neck before delicately removing his onyx spectacles, setting them down upon the table. While previously, the spectacles suggested some sort of grayish hue, now that they've been removed, the true color reveals itself.

His eyes, while not unattractive in shape, are entirely blackened, without iris or pupil.

--

He retrieves a small folder from his coat before setting it down before him.

"I m-must say, it has been a pleasure."

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Feia isn't really in any position to judge the oddity of someone else's eyes, beyond noting them as of unusual interest.
    The source of this aberration could be worth knowing, though.

A callback to their previous meeting on her turf, she pulls a sincere and pleased smile as she folders her hands on top of the desk in front of her.
    "Oh, absolutely. You have exceeded my expectations, which does you some credit."
    Absentee Spirit

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Kramolagh, seemingly in an attempt to become more comfortable, slowly removes his gloves as well, revealing pale hands whose veins appear swollen and black with ichor. "My pleasure. I have a f-feeling vhe'll be seeing far more of one another, hm?" Afterwards, he opens the folder to a particular section, revealing several curious documents. Most of the documents seem to depict all manner of unusual creature suspended in multicolored canisters, only some of which appear to possess a more or less humanoid shape. In addition, there are pictures of various individuals, most notably, Felandria.

A majority of the flesh-like masses appear to more or less resemble her.

"A majority of our vhork r-regarding physical divinity takes place vizhin a secondary facility."

"You mentioned, madame... a divine source."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

"Oh, I'm quite sure we will."
    Self-experimentation or consequences of looking beyond what his body is made to handle?
    Not particularly surprising that his constantly-hidden hands had something unusual about them...curious.

Feia doesn't dwell on that however, her focus goes to the pictures. The reason they're here.
    "Yes, there was a complication with one of the two, but the second remains available."
    Absentee Spirit

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Kramolagh narrows his eyes somewhat, biting softly at his lip before smoothly transitioning into a calm and reassured laugh. "Mm, you do have such a vhay with v-vhords, hm?" He continues, gently resting his right hand atop the other, staring forward intently. "I do s-so enjoy it."

Glancing back down to the folder, he nods.

"Do explain."
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2018-09-05 at 08:48 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

"Dear man, if I lacked for words, I would not be where I am today."
    And she is not humble enough to say that where she is today is anything but powerful.
    Power that shows through her arrogant confidence, however tempered it appears to be.
    "But it is my pleasure to be a pleasure."

But again, not the purpose here. As entertaining as this is, it's of lesser importance.

Feia frowns a tad, directing a slightly annoyed look at the wall somewhere over Kramolagh's shoulder.
    "I attempted to be polite with my extraction of the second spark and have created additional work for myself in the process. There is no need for worries with the second, it is already rather thoroughly contained and controlled.
    It could be yours right this moment, to be specific."
    Absentee Spirit

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Kramolagh glances over the woman before him, eyes wandering swiftly, his charming smile and soft gaze offered towards her. "I vhonder, zhen, m-madame, if you lack for anything at all..." His eyes linger for a second or so before he continues, his tone breathy and warm. "In truth, I'm not so s-sure."

"You are exquisite, madame..."

--

He responds just as swiftly to her final utterance, expertly navigating the dual conversation.

"Zhe first, tell me more, if you vhould."

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

"Hah! Exquisite and lacking in my prize, perhaps."
    Oh, there's a trace of actual anger there.
    This particular topic is a bit of a buzzkill that she really isn't over yet. Although, that's likely because in the weird time shenanigry of the Nexus and with her own double, it just happened.

It's very fresh and she was trying to not think about it much for the sake of being professional and pleasant during this interview.
    But now...now she's feeling kind of mad again.

The charm she was putting out becomes a tad jagged and one hand reaches up to pinch the bridge of her noise.
    Feia closes her eyes and takes a moment to quell some particularly destructive urges.
    "A potent death aspect I had previous experience with. While technically possessing and utilizing multiple domains, she devoted herself to functioning as a 'reaper' of sorts. As tends to happen in this particular realm, she ended up more personally involved than divinity would elsewhere. This was a fairly common phenomenon years prior, but has become less so in the modern era. Typically passive and amicable, it would appear some degree of preparation for my efforts had been made, that have successfully impeded my seizure of her Spark.
    I will be devoting rather substantial effort to correcting this."
    Absentee Spirit

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Kramolagh nods here, frowning somewhat as he clasps his hands together. This was an interesting bit of information, one which more or less confirmed his suspicions. He leans forward here, scribbling a few notes down upon a bluish notebook which he retrieves from the depths of his desk.

Once she's finished, he responds.

"Hm. Zhe extraction of d-divinity is something vhe have specialized in for some time."

"Bring her to me... Together, I am certain vhe can break zhis problem down."

"One vhay or another."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Feia herself is no amateur when it comes to the subject.
    She spent quite a bit of time on it fixing this particular deity, at the behest of a certain cyborg.

But perhaps literal extraction isn't what is necessary here. There are other possibility.

The nose-pinching hand lowers itself, preceding a more neutral look of consideration.
    "If someone hid the batteries to your television remote, without telling you, how would you use said remote to reclaim the batteries?"
    Absentee Spirit

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Kramolagh offers a pleasant smile before furrowing his brow and glancing over towards the unusual-shaped pillar across the room, admiring the sexualized imagery for several seconds before responding, his tone rather matter-of-fact. "I vhould acquire a remote i-identical in all meaningful vhays."

"You recall, perhaps, zhe machine I spoke of earlier, capable of piercing through alternative cosmic patches?"

"A costly solution, c-certainly."

--

He continues, glancing back towards Feia. "It may be unnecessary, I know of vhays in vhich to acquire zhe knowledge you seek."

"Zhe girl... zhink of her as more of a curiosity to me."

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Capturing an alternate Libitina, is that what he's suggesting?
    On the surface this has merit, but there are too many flaws. There wouldn't be any guarantee it would be the same carefully prepared Spark in these other goddesses and if it was, there was more than a small risk of running afoul the alternate Feia's that crafted it.

No, not a good option.
    Feia shakes her head to it, waving her hand in a generally dismissive fashion.
    "Were it any other sort of creature, the idea of an alternate would be straight-forward. This particular instance would appear to me to have more difficulties than you would expect."

Alternative options, the knowledge of the Spark itself, are much more appealing.
    "I am interested in hearing what you would propose. Preferably ones that would not destroy the vessel herself, despite your curiosity. There is a chance it would have unintended consequences."
    Still, she mulls it over for a moment.
    "There are some additional details I need to manage before I surrender her entirely, but I have no particular long-term interest in the vessel."
    Absentee Spirit

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

While he disagreed wholeheartedly with her statement regarding difficulties which could potentially crop up regarding the capture of an alternative version of the entity in mind, Kramolagh accepts her opinion and merely makes a mental note of the possibilities. She would hardly have to know, after all.

He responds swiftly, peeling back the sleeve of his coat somewhat, revealing more of his pale flesh, black veins visible.

"Zhere are a n-number of entities vhich I commune vith, and maintain a pleasant relationship vith."

"One such entity vhould surely know, a god of secrets and knowledge."

"I have dealt vith zhem before."

--

Glancing back towards Feia with an almost sorrowful expression on his face, he calmly reaches to place the palm of his pale hand upon hers, exposing her to the unearthly chill of his flesh.

"Zhere is alvhays a cost."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Feia frowns again, considering the implication there. Nevermind the fact that it is most likely to be a bargain with something remarkably foolish, this idea of prices seems unnecessary.
    Particularly when it seems to be dragging you further along the route of undeath, or some equivalent.

After pondering for a few more moments, staring down at that hand of his, she elects to say as much.
    "This all seems rather unnecessary, when I can offer you a much simpler alternative spark for your research, until such time as I resolve this.
    Without sacrificing your or my flesh to hungry forces."

As that behavior is rather risky, in a way she isn't terribly interested in.

Raising up the hand under his, to present his hand as a point of attention:
    "There is no particular emergency requiring more decay of this nature, currently. Knowledge can be gleaned without compromising life."
    Absentee Spirit

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Kramolagh chuckles darkly here before pulling his hand away, twirling each finger about as he watches the ichor in his veins pulse and throb. His response is somewhat grim. "Oh, I've n-no intention of paying zhe price of knowledge again, nor bearing the s-shackles of servitude. My debts vhere paid l-long ago."

"Zhere are... alternative methods of payment. You see, my patron cares little for zhe source. Others can be substituted, at greater cost of life."

"Flesh is immaterial."

--

He adjusts his coat once more. "Should you run out of o-options, know zhat an exchange vhill remain upon zhe table."

"Zhis other spark, tell me more of it?"
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2018-09-05 at 11:33 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Oh, sacrificing others or parts of others.
    That's less of an issue, but with the particular crowd that Kramolagh has expressed interest in...still not preferable.

Feia at least looks like she's considering it a little more.
    "As a measure of final frustration, we will keep that on the table."
    Now to rein in the frustration of that situation a bit more and return to the significantly more pragmatic alternative!

A small centering breath. Phenomenal cosmic power really necessitates that you have better control of your emotions.
    A very small and quiet portion of herself is disappointed in the display she made.
    The rest of her doesn't care because she really has nothing to prove to anyone, except for herself.
    "Now, the second Spark. It has recently been absorbed by a subordinate of mine, who I suspect is going to entirely waste its potential. He was more or less responsible for its existence, having created the vessel that birthed the Spark, but parents never entirely grasp the minds of their children.
    From what my observations have gathered, the goddess it previously dwelled in was a creature of creation and peace. Tamed a race of maniacal little monsters for worship and bent them into nearly functioning members of society. The new vessel is rather entirely the opposite, but you met him. That volatile shade from the cafe?
    I am unsure if being in his possession is going to alter the Spark itself in any way, but perhaps it doesn't matter for your purposes."
    Absentee Spirit

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Kramolagh does seem to have been somewhat disturbed by Feia's rather sudden change of mood and attitude, but he keeps the conversation flowing quite expertly. In truth, he expected somewhat more from an individual as reportedley powerful as Feia, emotional outbursts were a bit of a red flag to the man.

He frowns here, nodding in acknowledgement as she continues.

"Very little of zhe s-source vhill remain after zhe degeneration process, if any."

"I recall. Seemed... d-distasteful."

--

He begins to jot something down within his little notebook before continuing.

"In a few days time, vhe vhill be ready for such a transaction."

"Does zhat vhork for y-you?"
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2018-09-06 at 08:09 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Really, the biggest red flag should have been that she was considering the cost-benefit ratios of setting the base on fire for his Far interests.
    But hey, someone getting a bit mad when their grand designs are foiled at the finish line is a bit of a flutter in the wind too.

Maybe it'll make him warier, Feia doesn't care. It is good for the small things to be nervous in the presence of goliaths.
    Arrogance is a comfortable place for her.

"Mm, you could have him this very moment if you truly desired. A few days further won't make much of a difference."
    Her fingers glide around each other for a moment, thin trails of purple light coiling into interlocking shapes.
    "This one is no flight risk, no more than a dog chained to the wall."
    Absentee Spirit

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Kramolagh narrows his eyes here, raising a brow as he glances over to the purple light flashing across her fingers.

"How is it b-bound, exactly?"

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

"Shock collar."
    A rather short and sweet answer, to a rather simple question.
    Feia doesn't look even vaguely ashamed of it.

"Otherwise he would still be trying to build sculptures from dismembered corpses or whatever those fools in the KNAVES castle did."
    Absentee Spirit

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Kramolagh nods somewhat, assuming that the phrase meant something a tad more advanced than a literal collar. He frowns in distaste once the morbid sculptures are mentioned, responding somewhat swiftly. "I see... it d-does not sound like zhe most pleasant of entities."

"Breaking it down seems to be, perhaps, a service of sorts."

"Bring it forth."
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2018-09-06 at 11:31 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

"He's been getting better."
    Somewhat. Not really.
    Mostly just smarter.

She makes a vaguely "come hither" gesture with her fingers, dragging them through the little glowing symbols she just made in the air. Like wisps of smoke, they scatter and fade, but unlike smoke...

They reappear a few feet behind Feia, flailing like ribbons in a strong breeze. Expanding outwards, a humanoid form is shaped and constrained, even as the inky blackness of living shadow that is Provost Edict appears within.
    And then the smokey light vanished more definitely, its purpose complete.

Edict looms.
    Rather literally, as he remains in the vague form of a stretched and hunched shadow of some claw-handed giant.
    Green ember eyes scan the room for a moment, before shrinking to searing points focused on Kramolagh.
    Absentee Spirit

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Kramolagh leans back in his chair as Feia begins to summon the creature, gently retrieving his spectacles and setting them over his eyes. He offers no immediate response to Feia, but instead rises slowly as the entity is summoned, eyes narrowing as he looks over the creature, frowning at its somewhat unsettling form.

Finally, he speaks, seemingly lost in thought.

"Not unlike zhe Owbs. Intriguing."

--

He glances back towards Feia, his tone breathy.

"Zhe control mechanism, how does it vhork? More importantly... how m-much of zhis creature are you vhilling to part with?"

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

"I see we are parading me as merchandise today."
    Edict rasps out in a rather irritated tone, his green eyes shifting to an unusual shade of purple with flickering red hightlights.

A line of similarly colored purple runes have begun to crawl up the side of his left arm.

Feia makes a gesture towards the arm, choosing to talk as if the newly-divine shade wasn't there at all.
    "There is a binding attached to his essence, displayed as a personal alert by runes on his left. He begins to violate my will and gets warned via those. Continue and he feels pain progressing towards complete conscious-shutdown."
    Absentee Spirit

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Like Feia, Kramolagh readily ignores the supernatural creature before him, seemingly uninterested in the complaints of his test subject. The gray-coated man narrows his eyes as she explains before continuing, quite intrigued by the shade and the magical binding attached to its being.

He speaks quickly, clearly intrigued.

"I see, and zhis binding can be attuned t-to ozhers?"

"It seems aggressive, I vhill n-not likely need it conscious."

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

After a moment of consideration, Feia shakes her head.
    "Ah...no. Given time, you could learn and cast a replacement version of the spell, but it is rather personally tied."
    It has to wire itself in fairly deeply to both parties.

Edict, perhaps picking up early that his opinion isn't desired (or safe), takes to looking around the room more carefully. Scrutinizing.

"However, if my will is to 'play nice', then play nice he shall. Or else you will be working with dead weight and still get what you need. I would say leave as much behind as you can, but I am unfamiliar enough with your precise methods to know if it's feasible."
    Absentee Spirit

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Kramolagh nods, pondering over the situation for several seconds. "Vhe are more zhan capable of extracting vhat vhe n-need from zhe smallest of samples, however, zhe larger zhe sample, zhe faster and more efficient zhe vhork. If you are vhilling to part with zhe c-creature entirely, your contributions vhould likely greatly speed up zhe process."

"As I expect is obvious, I vhould greatly p-prefer zhis."

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Somehow, Edict manages to convey a rather deep scowl as the discussion continues, but continues his looking around unabated.

Feia steeples her fingers before her, leaning over somewhat to peer directly over them.
    "Could I observe the process?"
    Absentee Spirit