New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 29 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Maybe he just never found the right equine, griffon or... or perhaps he doesn't want a wife?" Doc suggests as a theory. "I reckon if you're really rich, it would be hard to find someone who truly loves you and isn't trying to just get at your money. We probably just need to get to know him more. Understand his motivations better."
    Mirror seemed to have something else in mind, given that she frowned.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    Choro frowns, looking to Mirror before turning back to Doc and Bertly. "It is a straight line now. I could probably teleport us the rest of the way. But if you'd rather, feel free to go ahead as far as I'm concerned"
    Mirror didn't seem to have a particularly hard stance on if the chest was teleported away.

Choro looks meditative, pondering Mirror's question. She follows Doc, nodding slowly, before turning back to her fellow Unicorn. "The third emperor of Timbucktu never took a wife, or sired heirs. When asked about it, he claimed that his kingdom was his one true beloved mare, and that his heirs would be the cloud cities he had conquered for his realm." The little unicorn chuckles: typical pompous Pegasus ruler. She grins at Mirror. "Metaphor aside, he wasn't alone in thinking like that. Many great rulers didn't rush to designate heirs. Some were humble, some had other concerns. Princess Celestia never chose an heir while her sister was banished, because nopony was as powerful or as wise as her. And marriage would've only taken time away from her work for Equestria."
    "...But Abbas has no thing to leave. If he does not make something to replace him, then his domain could become the sum of it's parts." Mirror replied, "He must have a favorite who can make a heir or a heir in mind, be cause he does not trust many ponies."

"Well, I wasn't sure if you could teleport a bin full of little critters. Like, does the spell go by mass or by individual?" Doc asked, because he didn't know what her spell's parameters really were. He moved with Bertly to go around the two mares so they could resume moving at their previous speed. "Thanks, C.."
    Doc could see that the skybus had remained undisturbed since the group had left it... or had it?

Wait, those hoofprints in the snow came from Madie, if there wasn't a set leading out that'd be more concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    "No, she just thinks that democracy is a thing that works, when it's really, really easy to whip a group of people into doing what you want. Individuals are a pain in the ass, but get ten ponies together and I can make them think that being milked under the hooves of the Olives is actually good for them in ten minutes."
    "It can only work if everyone involved have the same values; if she's from a small town that separated ponies into good and bad, that's understandable." Fan Knife replied, as if speaking about the failings of Equestrians soothed her, "I'm sure, say, the Olives could come up with a vote among themselves, but if you tried to get a hundred random people from this city to try and get something done, you'd be wasting time."

"I mean, sure, I didn't ruin anypony's life, but I didn't want to eventually become a pony who might. Y'know? I'm not beating myself up for it or anything; I just don't want to lean on it more than I have to. Like I said, I'm pretty hot. I don't need to mark the cards to get mares, so why not make myself a little bit better of a pony?"
    "You're self aware and you're not airhead, you're already better than the vast majority of the Equestrian population when it comes to that sort of...stuff." Fan Knife replied, albeit somewhat awkwardly; the end of the bridge was just a few minutes away, and she began to pick up her pace slightly, "I'v never dated anyone, either here or my homeland. I think my sister was set up to date some ponies here at least a few times, but I think they thought that she was going to try and harvest their organs because she wanted to know their blood type and didn't want to date anyone who had kidney or liver problems, or smoked. Being in a relationship here in Equestria is a lot different then it was in Neighpon, too. But as far as being a decent pony, you're fine. I'd just have a backup plan encase you get pregnant or get acid splashed on your face, or something like that."
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-07-31 at 05:28 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    "It can only work if everyone involved have the same values; if she's from a small town that separated ponies into good and bad, that's understandable." Fan Knife replied, as if speaking about the failings of Equestrians soothed her, "I'm sure, say, the Olives could come up with a vote among themselves, but if you tried to get a hundred random people from this city to try and get something done, you'd be wasting time."
    "How did they handle things in Neighpon?" Viridia asked, feeling that would be a good way to get Fan Knife to open up about some of her own views on the matter. She figured they probably weren't extensive, given they probably weren't something she needed to consider guarding a hospital.

"You're self aware and you're not airhead, you're already better than the vast majority of the Equestrian population when it comes to that sort of...stuff." Fan Knife replied, albeit somewhat awkwardly; the end of the bridge was just a few minutes away, and she began to pick up her pace slightly, "I'v never dated anyone, either here or my homeland. I think my sister was set up to date some ponies here at least a few times, but I think they thought that she was going to try and harvest their organs because she wanted to know their blood type and didn't want to date anyone who had kidney or liver problems, or smoked. Being in a relationship here in Equestria is a lot different then it was in Neighpon, too. But as far as being a decent pony, you're fine. I'd just have a backup plan encase you get pregnant or get acid splashed on your face, or something like that."
    "Thanks." Viridia smiled at the compliment. "And what was dating like in Neighpon?" She asked, then considered the last statement. "Well, I only date mares, so the only way I'm getting knocked up is through some kinda magic. And, er, will your sister be able to help if I get acid on my face?"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Choro chuckles good humorously at that final observation. "You might have answered the question there, Ms. Mirror. Given how few beings Abaas seems to trust, and his general reputation, who would he take as a mate? How could he relate to an heir, born or chosen? Could he accept another horse or pony being just as smart as him, that someone else might be capable of running the domain he's still working to create?" The little mage seems skeptical. And a touch down-heartened. "Look at how Ms. Sari was acting around him. If his sister doesn't trust him, why would any mare want to get close to him, money or no? All the jewels in the world mean nothing if your stallion just ends up putting a knife in your flank when it suits his political plans, correct?"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Spamalot in the Playground

"...But Abbas has no thing to leave. If he does not make something to replace him, then his domain could become the sum of it's parts." Mirror replied, "He must have a favorite who can make a heir or a heir in mind, be cause he does not trust many ponies."
    "Well... he trusts us with his life at the meeting in two days. Does an heir have to be blood relative?" Doc asks as he gains some ground. How many others has Abbas showed his vision of the future too? The shared dream Doc had with him seemed like there's a pretty good form of trust there.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

"How did they handle things in Neighpon?" Viridia asked, feeling that would be a good way to get Fan Knife to open up about some of her own views on the matter. She figured they probably weren't extensive, given they probably weren't something she needed to consider guarding a hospital.
    Fan Knife's ears twitched, and Viridia could've spotted the slightest hint of a smile flash on the filly's face before she replied, before briefly turning into a frown.

"Well, Neighpon was a Empire. There was the Emperor, and under him was the military, which governed all the external territories. The Emperor at the start of the war was from a old dynasty that used to be weak and couldn't control his vassals, but he modernized the country very quickly and swept away a lot of corruption. There really weren't any powerful nobles left who hadn't entered the military, or who didn't petition to try and enter the court. There were some major corporations that the Emperor gave monopolies and special rights to on the promise that they'd share everything they made with the government and the military, and those were mostly owned by peasant clans from isolated areas to enrich the outskirt areas and buy their loyalty. Ponies could vote for representation on the mainland, but the only really powerful political figures were in the military, especially the officers."

Fan Knife then shook her head, and her voice had a faint hint of melancholy.

"It didn't last, though. The emperor died and was replaced with his grandson, the government ran out of money, most of the competent zealots died during the war, and the military was spread too thin and didn't have the support from the capital to function well. Some of the companies were subverted and the colonies were being infiltrated and subverted internally. At one point the government all sealed themselves in a bunker in the base of a mountain after the capital was stormed by rioters, and Neighpon really only had a military government a year before the war ended. The new emperor was sort of insane and thought he controlled the sun, and basically the ponies he brought with him were all his immediate family and his supporters who were in the imperial cult. My sister actually got a line to the bunker a week before the bombings, and they said that they had no interest in her research and that they didn't care what she did. They were totally disconnected with reality, but the military still tried to keep the peace. They would try and create another Empire instead of creating a democracy, though."

"Thanks." Viridia smiled at the compliment. "And what was dating like in Neighpon?" She asked, then considered the last statement. "Well, I only date mares, so the only way I'm getting knocked up is through some kinda magic. And, er, will your sister be able to help if I get acid on my face?"
    Fan Knife scrunched up her nose at Viridia's first question, looking somewhere between being deep in thought and about to sneeze.

"I don't think you'd really recognize it as dating. It's more about mutual understanding then showing affection, and you're not supposed to kiss or touch one another in public. One of my older classmates married as soon as she became a cadet, and no one but the two families knew that she was dating a stallion because she was quiet. It was always more about communicating feelings then acting on them until the time was right. But if you were living together, then you were basically considered to be a adult couple. There wasn't any laws telling ponies what to do when it came to that and I saw plenty of ponies ignoring those ideals growing up, but for most not being reserved wasn't a luxury they could had."

Fan Knife then stopped looking like she was having a migraine and quickly followed up with the rest of Viridia's questions; as she continued to speak, pride started to seep into her voice.

"When did you figure that you don't like stallions?" Fan Knife asked, the question sounding to come entirely from pure, honest ignorance, "With Equestrians, I always figured that gender barely mattered given how most act, they just cared about skill or emotional reactions. Anyway, if two mares can have a foal willingly with magic, one could have one unwillingly or without their knowledge, it's messed up but it wouldn't be the most depraved thing this city's produced. It's messed up, but that's the truth of it. The worst ponies here are mostly civilized, so instead of cracking skulls open they start getting creative with how they torment or weird ponies out.

As for the face thing, my sister once made a whale pony hybrid for the Neighpon government to make a giant seapony to fight zebras, wears her own skin, and has a donkey patient who doesn't have any of his original organs and is on his eight heart who's almost two thirds my age. If you have the caps, you could have her clone you a new body and have your brain put in it as long as the machines still work. She could do a face-lift with her muscle memory."

Choro chuckles good humorously at that final observation. "You might have answered the question there, Ms. Mirror. Given how few beings Abaas seems to trust, and his general reputation, who would he take as a mate? How could he relate to an heir, born or chosen? Could he accept another horse or pony being just as smart as him, that someone else might be capable of running the domain he's still working to create?" The little mage seems skeptical. And a touch down-heartened. "Look at how Ms. Sari was acting around him. If his sister doesn't trust him, why would any mare want to get close to him, money or no? All the jewels in the world mean nothing if your stallion just ends up putting a knife in your flank when it suits his political plans, correct?"
    Mirror looked down at Choro as she lifted the chest, her brow wrinkling slightly.

"Sari is not smart. Abbas could move else where and be a cruel lord, or be a cruel lord here and have his griffons serve as solders. But he is not aggressive and has plans that do not benefit him at the end. A very rich stallion would have suitors here even if he was Rjufendr him self, or at least a concubine. That is how they are."

"Well... he trusts us with his life at the meeting in two days. Does an heir have to be blood relative?" Doc asks as he gains some ground. How many others has Abbas showed his vision of the future too? The shared dream Doc had with him seemed like there's a pretty good form of trust there.
    "He might have a heir, but a lord like him, but different." Mirror offered, after some time in thought, "He has a long plan, but it is too big to do from one side."
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-07-31 at 07:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Well it's a good thing Moonshadow has wings. She hovered over the stuff as she snuck around.

(1d100)[26] vs 96 [/roll]
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #7

"It didn't last, though. The emperor died and was replaced with his grandson, the government ran out of money, most of the competent zealots died during the war, and the military was spread too thin and didn't have the support from the capital to function well. Some of the companies were subverted and the colonies were being infiltrated and subverted internally. At one point the government all sealed themselves in a bunker in the base of a mountain after the capital was stormed by rioters, and Neighpon really only had a military government a year before the war ended. The new emperor was sort of insane and thought he controlled the sun, and basically the ponies he brought with him were all his immediate family and his supporters who were in the imperial cult. My sister actually got a line to the bunker a week before the bombings, and they said that they had no interest in her research and that they didn't care what she did. They were totally disconnected with reality, but the military still tried to keep the peace. They would try and create another Empire instead of creating a democracy, though."
    "That seems to be the main problem with Empires, doesn't it? Eventually, the leader's got to die and it's a crapshoot whether the next one is going to be any good. Not that immortality worked out for Equestrian royalty..." Virdia said. It was in this moment that she wished she actually knew more about history or anything outside of her specialized area of interest (The lower half of other mares). She probably sounded smart-ish.

Fan Knife scrunched up her nose at Viridia's first question, looking somewhere between being deep in thought and about to sneeze.

"I don't think you'd really recognize it as dating. It's more about mutual understanding then showing affection, and you're not supposed to kiss or touch one another in public. One of my older classmates married as soon as she became a cadet, and no one but the two families knew that she was dating a stallion because she was quiet. It was always more about communicating feelings then acting on them until the time was right. But if you were living together, then you were basically considered to be a adult couple. There wasn't any laws telling ponies what to do when it came to that and I saw plenty of ponies ignoring those ideals growing up, but for most not being reserved wasn't a luxury they could had."
    "But...showing affection is half the fun of being in a relationship. I mean...I can get not wanting to do it in public. Seeing Doc and Mirror together makes me throw up in my throat a little, and that's just when they talk." Viridia said. "Do you think that it should have been that way, or that ponies should have been able to be a little freer with their emotions?"

"When did you figure that you don't like stallions?" Fan Knife asked, the question sounding to come entirely from pure, honest ignorance, "With Equestrians, I always figured that gender barely mattered given how some of them act, they just cared about skill or emotional reactions. As for the face thing, my sister once made a whale pony hybrid for the Neighpon government to make a giant seapony to fight zebras, wears her own skin, and has a donkey patient who doesn't have any of his original organs and is on his eight heart who's almost two thirds my age. If you have the caps, you could have her clone you a new body and have your brain put in it as long as the machines still work. She could do a face-lift with her muscle memory."
    "That's a long story." Viridia said. "Here it is: I enjoy looking at mares. They are my favorite gender. When I look at mares, I think to myself yes. When I look at stallions, I think to myself no." She grinned. "I know that sounds blithe, but, y'know, that's basically it?"

"Have i mentioned your sister is awesome?" Viridia asked. "Considering you are too, I'm surprised it's not a family thing with your father having been the Emperor of Neighpon or something." Like you'd just wander into a romantic subplot with the heir to a foreign throne. I mean, I've seen some crazy things, but doesn't that stretch credulity a little?
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2018-07-31 at 07:34 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

"He might have a heir, but a lord like him, but different." Mirror offered, after some time in thought, "He has a long plan, but it is too big to do from one side."
    Doc watches for the hoof prints used to come and go to the bus. The tracks would be safer spots to walk on. "Maybe he'll groom us to that role," he says with a thoughtful idea.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Mirror looked down at Choro as she lifted the chest, her brow wrinkling slightly.

"Sari is not smart. Abbas could move else where and be a cruel lord, or be a cruel lord here and have his griffons serve as solders. But he is not aggressive and has plans that do not benefit him at the end. A very rich stallion would have suitors here even if he was Rjufendr him self, or at least a concubine. That is how they are."
    "I'm not so sure he's not aggressive. He's not physical about it. But he's not shy about pushing forward with his plans, employing warriors, or travelling in a big intimidating black carriage..."

Choro hums: all incidental evidence by Wasteland standards, but compare Abbas to a pony like Thanatos, Stitchheart or the Guild Mages, and he doesn't look as restrained as he might style himself. The little mare chuckles, "Still, if you're right, and he's not after simple power, that explains why he doesn't seek to consolidate as a traditional ruler would. His plan is what matters, its success becomes his legacy, anything else happens afterwards. If a mare and foals would jeopardize that in his, avoiding such a life is simply logical."

Doc watches for the hoof prints used to come and go to the bus. The tracks would be safer spots to walk on. "Maybe he'll groom us to that role," he says with a thoughtful idea.
    "Wishful thinking, Doc!" The idea gets a snicker from Choro. Had she been closer, she might've playfully swatted at the doctor with a hoof. It's far from an offensive idea, but Sun and Moon, Vardo Wagon could be quick on that optimism gun.
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2018-08-01 at 12:36 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10

"Wishful thinking, Doc!" The idea gets a snicker from Choro.
    "Just sayin'. If a rich horse calls me in a dream to save his sister instead of employing any number of his personal servants, then I must be doing something right to win his favor," Doc points out with a grin on his face.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Stellar discovered a new form of griffon magic; apparently, they could materialize ice-cold beers and bottles of water on command, given that Stellar had half a dozen talons holding out drinks for her. However, there was a clear winner, as one of the armored griffons, helmet off and exiting the carriage itself, was holding out a round long-stemmed cocktail glass filled with something pink that had swirls of orange and red in it. There was a little umbrella and the thick metal straw sticking out of it had a little merpony near the end. The armored griffon in question had brown feathers and small yellow beak with a shark black hook, and had a clear look of pleasent surprise on his face.
    "Wow, you guys are all too kind!" Stellar flirts, outwardly shameless but inwardly cringing at her unaccustomed manipulation. She hopes it doesn't take too long for Moonshadow to find Viridia and Fan Knife.

"A cocktail would be perfect after all that exercise. You just have to cut loose once in a while, you know?" She smiles charmingly at the griffon offering it, with a commiserating side look for the others whose efforts have come up short.

"What's in it?" She asks. "No wait, don't tell me, I'd like to guess!"

She takes a sip and tries to puzzle it out.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Well it's a good thing Moonshadow has wings. She hovered over the stuff as she snuck around.

[roll0] vs 96 [/roll]
    Moonshadow found herself at the end of a small, cramped hallway; the floor and walls were made of black wood and the ceiling looked splintery. There was a layer of dust everywhere and there was no real sign that anyone had been where she was standing in decades, but there also wasn't any signs of water damage, so that was in the construction's favor. There was another wooden door at the end of the hall that was clearly locked; however, there was another exit in the form of a wooden hatch in the middle of the floor, which appeared to have been disturbed recently. A quick check made it clear that it wasn't rusty or trapped, and that it concealed a small ladder that led to a unlit larger space.

"That seems to be the main problem with Empires, doesn't it? Eventually, the leader's got to die and it's a crapshoot whether the next one is going to be any good. Not that immortality worked out for Equestrian royalty..." Virdia said. It was in this moment that she wished she actually knew more about history or anything outside of her specialized area of interest (The lower half of other mares). She probably sounded smart-ish.
    "At the end, the existing upper class divided control of the country to the military and powerful social groups that emerged; it wasn't just the Emperor, but all his lackeys and the ones who thought he had special powers. If someone took control and made him a figurehead, that could have worked, but he was too ingrained in the political system. Even if you killed him and all his immediate relatives, it wouldn't be hard for someone in the upper class to forge some connection to the royal family and adopt their name." Fan Knife replied, showing obvious distaste for the fact, "Equestria's a bad example, because it was the only country back then to have a monarchy of immortal ponies. They're biggest problems started when they reformed the country into a normal government, and twenty years after they put six normal ponies in charge the nukes went off."

"But...showing affection is half the fun of being in a relationship. I mean...I can get not wanting to do it in public. Seeing Doc and Mirror together makes me throw up in my throat a little, and that's just when they talk." Viridia said. "Do you think that it should have been that way, or that ponies should have been able to be a little freer with their emotions?"
    Fan Knife took her time to consider the question.

"Well, individual ponies can do what they want alone." she seemed to decide on, sounding slightly defensive, "And most holidays have some events for couples to do publicly, and there's plenty of hobbies for ponies to do. But Neighpon is also quieter then Equestria; Equestrians sing and dance more than any other country I have been in, and they're louder publicly about everything they do, too. In Neighpon, saying that you love someone and getting a positive reply back is one of the first steps, and if that's good you would usually meet up outside your usual group of friends about once a week. There was some subtlety to relationships in Neighpon, but if someone wanted to not do that, they were free to do so. Here, though? I don't care what Equestrian's do when it comes to that kind of stuff, it's a young country."

"That's a long story." Viridia said. "Here it is: I enjoy looking at mares. They are my favorite gender. When I look at mares, I think to myself yes. When I look at stallions, I think to myself no." She grinned. "I know that sounds blithe, but, y'know, that's basically it?"
    Fan Knife blinked, and then nodded as a response.

"Have i mentioned your sister is awesome?" Viridia asked. "Considering you are too, I'm surprised it's not a family thing with your father having been the Emperor of Neighpon or something."
    Fan Knife blinked again, and then frowned.

"Our parents had a peasant background." she replied, "Our mother was a army officer, and our dad went to a medical school in a foreign country on a government grant to educate native doctors. Our mother was successful in suppressing a revolt in the central mountain region in Neighpon, and she was promoted and got the ancestral land of the noble who previously lived there. Our father retired when my sister finished her schooling and got a advisory position in the colony that was set up in the country he was educated in, and I was entered into the special officer program designed to make up for the losses of commanders during the war. I don't know what happened to my parents when my sister and I left. The Emperors all really came from a pool of related families; there was a main branch, but there were ten other related families that could intermarry with the main line in case the only heir didn't have the bone density to walk or something. They're not really special ponies, but if you get five hundred ponies together, at some point a exceptional one will stand out, even ponies who's only real accomplishment was being born without any complications."

Like you'd just wander into a romantic subplot with the heir to a foreign throne. I mean, I've seen some crazy things, but doesn't that stretch credulity a little?
    Best to check to see if there's a Moss Kingdom or something, if you think you're life is that weird.

Mirror seemed to find Doc's idea plainly odd, given the way she raised her eyebrows.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]
    "Wishful thinking, Doc!" The idea gets a snicker from Choro. Had she been closer, she might've playfully swatted at the doctor with a hoof. It's far from an offensive idea, but Sun and Moon, Vardo Wagon could be quick on that optimism gun.
    "Just sayin'. If a rich horse calls me in a dream to save his sister instead of employing any number of his personal servants, then I must be doing something right to win his favor," Doc points out with a grin on his face.
    Mirror shook her head. "That is silly." she said, frowning, "If he told you his plans, then it can not be the whole plan. If you could harm him if you told some one else, then he would not have told you it. He might have told you his plans, but there might be a part that is different than the one he has told some one else, so that he would know if it was told to his enemies. And we can not be his heirs, he rules over horses and we are not horses, like he could not rule over Everfrost no matter how rich or kind he is."

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    "Wow, you guys are all too kind!" Stellar flirts, outwardly shameless but inwardly cringing at her unaccustomed manipulation. She hopes it doesn't take too long for Moonshadow to find Viridia and Fan Knife.

"A cocktail would be perfect after all that exercise. You just have to cut loose once in a while, you know?" She smiles charmingly at the griffon offering it, with a commiserating side look for the others whose efforts have come up short.
    The Talon commander gave Stellar a smooth smile, seemingly confident with the situation, while the griffon workers, still looking surprised at the events, didn't seem particularly despondent but continued to look at Stellar with renewed interest, and all nodded in silent, enraptured unison.

"What's in it?" She asks. "No wait, don't tell me, I'd like to guess!"

She takes a sip and tries to puzzle it out.
    The drink Stellar was given had coconut and strawberry juice on top of the pineapple flavor. However, she got a wake up call in the fact that the drink, to disguise the fact that no pineapple had probably entered Equestria in the last hundred years and finding strawberries that didn't bite back when you tried to pick them was rather hard, likely consisted mostly of some coconut-flavored liquor, likely rum or some other high-proof sugar based concoction, in a glass slightly smaller than her head. As such, the actual answer was that it tasted like fruit juice, with a bite that wasn't really present on her tongue but was felt a few seconds after the fact in the form of feeling as if she just hammered back all the shots that had been poured for the griffons in front of her.

"Well, do you like it? It's all yours." said the griffon commander, his voice carrying a note of pleasant surprise, "Stellar, right?"
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-08-01 at 04:37 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

"Our parents had a peasant background." she replied, "Our mother was a army officer, and our dad went to a medical school in a foreign country on a government grant to educate native doctors. Our mother was successful in suppressing a revolt in the central mountain region in Neighpon, and she was promoted and got the ancestral land of the noble who previously lived there. Our father retired when my sister finished her schooling and got a advisory position in the colony that was set up in the country he was educated in, and I was entered into the special officer program designed to make up for the losses of commanders during the war. I don't know what happened to my parents when my sister and I left. The Emperors all really came from a pool of related families; there was a main branch, but there were ten other related families that could intermarry with the main line in case the only heir didn't have the bone density to walk or something. They're not really special ponies, but if you get five hundred ponies together, at some point a exceptional one will stand out, even ponies who's only real accomplishment was being born without any complications."
    "Do you miss them?" Viridia asked.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Mirror shook her head. "That is silly." she said, frowning, "If he told you his plans, then it can not be the whole plan. If you could harm him if you told some one else, then he would not have told you it. He might have told you his plans, but there might be a part that is different than the one he has told some one else, so that he would know if it was told to his enemies. And we can not be his heirs, he rules over horses and we are not horses, like he could not rule over Everfrost no matter how rich or kind he is."
    "He already does rule over ponies. Didn't you see those con...temptable 'Servants of the Sun'?"

Choro almost spits the term, an ember of wrath burning in the little mage's voice. She'd felt bad for the poor foals, but sweet Celestia, that name was a dagger to the heart. Trying to calm, she looks to Mirror, trying to explain the matter more directly. "The Wasteland's a dangerous place. Some ponies will have too much pride to let a horse tell them what to do. But some think only about the practicalities. Food, water, things like that. Abbas can provide those. And as long as he can provide those, ponies and horses are going to call him master."

15. - Top - End - #15

"That is silly." she said, frowning, "If he told you his plans, then it can not be the whole plan. If you could harm him if you told some one else, then he would not have told you it. He might have told you his plans, but there might be a part that is different than the one he has told some one else, so that he would know if it was told to his enemies. And we can not be his heirs, he rules over horses and we are not horses, like he could not rule over Everfrost no matter how rich or kind he is."
    "He already does rule over ponies. Didn't you see those con...temptable 'Servants of the Sun'?"
    "The Wasteland's a dangerous place. Some ponies will have too much pride to let a horse tell them what to do. But some think only about the practicalities. Food, water, things like that. Abbas can provide those. And as long as he can provide those, ponies and horses are going to call him master."
    "Well, let's be fair. I didn't say how much of his plans Abbas told me. Just that he asked me to rescue his sister instead of all those griffons he hired," Doc says on his defense. "I agree that Abbas wouldn't reveal his entire plan to me. I bet I barely know any of it, just enough to do the bodyguard job in two days. Now, yeah, I'm being a bit too optimistic about heirs. I don't expect that'll ever happen."

Doc pauses a moment. "
    Buuuut, since he does rule over ponies, I bet those that rise up in his favor get rewarded. Would it reasonable if, say, we are granted a bit of land as payment for loyal services? Becoming a landowner under his reign ain't so bad, right?
    "
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2018-08-01 at 05:21 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

The Talon commander gave Stellar a smooth smile, seemingly confident with the situation, while the griffon workers, still looking surprised at the events, didn't seem particularly despondent but continued to look at Stellar with renewed interest, and all nodded in silent, enraptured unison.

The drink Stellar was given had coconut and strawberry juice on top of the pineapple flavor. However, she got a wake up call in the fact that the drink, to disguise the fact that no pineapple had probably entered Equestria in the last hundred years and finding strawberries that didn't bite back when you tried to pick them was rather hard, likely consisted mostly of some coconut-flavored liquor, likely rum or some other high-proof sugar based concoction, in a glass slightly smaller than her head. As such, the actual answer was that it tasted like fruit juice, with a bite that wasn't really present on her tongue but was felt a few seconds after the fact in the form of feeling as if she just hammered back all the shots that had been poured for the griffons in front of her.

"Well, do you like it? It's all yours." said the griffon commander, his voice carrying a note of pleasant surprise, "Stellar, right?"
    Stellar's eyes widen in pleasure as she realises that yes, she really likes this drink!

"Strawberry Pina Colada?" she guesses. She takes another sip as she extends a hoof. She bats her eyelids at him. "Yes that's me. Stellar Blaze. And who do I have the pleasure of addressing?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

"Do you miss them?" Viridia asked.
    Fan Knife shook her head almost immediately.

"Not really, I didn't really know them. I was put into military school when I got my cutie mark, and I spent six years there, and only my sister visited because she was still in the country. When I graduated from the combat curriculum early, my sister picked me up, and then we left the country about six months after that. My dad didn't visit often and my mom was at the graduation ceremonies at the end of each year, but that was it."

Choro almost spits the term, an ember of wrath burning in the little mage's voice. She'd felt bad for the poor foals, but sweet Celestia, that name was a dagger to the heart. Trying to calm, she looks to Mirror, trying to explain the matter more directly. "The Wasteland's a dangerous place. Some ponies will have too much pride to let a horse tell them what to do. But some think only about the practicalities. Food, water, things like that. Abbas can provide those. And as long as he can provide those, ponies and horses are going to call him master."
    "It sounds like you're jealous, lass." Bertly said suddenly, causing Mirror to stare at the robot in obvious surprise, apparently not used to a talking metal orb being in her life, "If all he offers is food, shelter, and water, then he has all the basic essentials for being a good employer, but it's a open market, after all. Find a better boss, helping his assets grow, and reaping the rewards is a perfectly fine thing to do. Perhaps you just need to stop hanging out in all these poor neighborhoods."

"Well, let's be fair. I didn't say how much of his plans Abbas told me. Just that he asked me to rescue his sister instead of all those griffons he hired," Doc says on his defense. "I agree that Abbas wouldn't reveal his entire plan to me. I bet I barely know any of it, just enough to do the bodyguard job in two days. Now, yeah, I'm being a bit too optimistic about heirs. I don't expect that'll ever happen."

Doc pauses a moment. "
    Buuuut, since he does rule over ponies, I bet those that rise up in his favor get rewarded. Would it reasonable if, say, we are granted a bit of land as payment for loyal services? Becoming a landowner under his reign ain't so bad, right?
    "
    "What is a Stable? I have heard they are nice and one is filled with Abbas's merchant enemies." Mirror asked, "They are under the ground, yes? Then it would be safe."

Stellar's eyes widen in pleasure as she realises that yes, she really likes this drink!

"Strawberry Pina Colada?" she guesses. She takes another sip as she extends a hoof. She bats her eyelids at him.
    The griffon took Stellar's hoof with a firm but light grip probably designed make his palms feel softer then they really were.

"Never met'r, but that's the name of the drink." the Talon commander replied as he smiled back, eyes glittering in the faint light.

"Yes that's me. Stellar Blaze. And who do I have the pleasure of addressing?"
    "Andries Graeff, in the flesh. Call me Andy if you want." the big griffon replied, his voice light but confident, "I gotta say, you looked like the most confident one in your group of friends, so I'm guessing you're from around here, right?"
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-08-01 at 07:46 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Fan Knife shook her head almost immediately.

"Not really, I didn't really know them. I was put into military school when I got my cutie mark, and I spent six years there, and only my sister visited because she was still in the country. When I graduated from the combat curriculum early, my sister picked me up, and then we left the country about six months after that. My dad didn't visit often and my mom was at the graduation ceremonies at the end of each year, but that was it."
    "Huh. Interesting. How did they handle cutie marks differently in Neighpon?"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Moonshadow goes down the hatch.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #20

"What is a Stable? I have heard they are nice and one is filled with Abbas's merchant enemies." Mirror asked, "They are under the ground, yes? Then it would be safe."
    Doc raised an eyebrow to Bertly's statement, but there was a tiny hint of a smirk. He looks to Mirror and nods. "Back during the great war, ponies built underground shelters called Stables to protect their families from the fighting. Some were built well and worked out. Others... not so much. A few of the Stables still exist. This city I believe has two, one that has the merchants you mentioned and the other I am not sure. They're good shelters so I imagine someone lives there."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

"It sounds like you're jealous, lass." Bertly said suddenly, causing Mirror to stare at the robot in obvious surprise, apparently not used to a talking metal orb being in her life, "If all he offers is food, shelter, and water, then he has all the basic essentials for being a good employer, but it's a open market, after all. Find a better boss, helping his assets grow, and reaping the rewards is a perfectly fine thing to do. Perhaps you just need to stop hanging out in all these poor neighborhoods."
    "Jealous?!"

Choro looks as surprised as Mirror by Bertly's words. And significantly more angry. Any effort to maintain detachment is now well and truly gone. The little wizard glares daggers at the flying orb, pausing in her work to remonstrate with the robot and his newfound taste for psychoanalysis. "I'm not jealous of those three. They seemed more pitiable than anything. Their singing needs work and I think they've had less food than me these last few days. But excuse me for being offended a bunch of horse loving, second rate performer sellouts decided to rub salt in the wound by styling their little horse loyalty society with Celestia's mark!"

Flaring her muzzle, the little mage continues to stare at Bertly, running a hoof through the ground for emphasis. After a pause, Choro slowly turns back to the chest, hefting it once again. As she does so however, she adds a further rejoinder to the robot behind her. "And don't try and tell me horses give a different meaning to the sun. Those are ponies. Born in Equestria. And they're equating wealthy horses with the rightful monarch of all three tribes. They should know better"

Doc raised an eyebrow to Bertly's statement, but there was a tiny hint of a smirk. He looks to Mirror and nods. "Back during the great war, ponies built underground shelters called Stables to protect their families from the fighting. Some were built well and worked out. Others... not so much. A few of the Stables still exist. This city I believe has two, one that has the merchants you mentioned and the other I am not sure. They're good shelters so I imagine someone lives there."
    The new topic is certainly an easier one for Choro than the last. Doc starts to answer before she can, but once he's done, the little mage nods in affirmation. A fair summation, but she can add a little more. "They're designed to be completely independent from the outside world. In theory each Stable is under the authority of StableTec Headquarters, but I know ours never heard from them since the bombs fell. If they're still out there, the communication lines were damaged. In their absence, each one should have an Overmare in charge to provide a clear line of authority and resolve any conflicts."

She could've been quoting from some manual. Dichoro takes a seconds pause to straighten her hat and check the chest's position before continuing. "They can be pretty nice places to live in. We have to be careful with resources, since we're limited in our ability to resupply, but it's a lot safer than life on the surface. There's more of a sense of... togetherness. Everypony has to do their part to make the system work, so everypony else has an interest in their wellbeing." Choro sighs wistfully at the memory. For a moment, she's Cog again, bustling about the place, trying to remember her way through some of the less used corridors of the Stable. "I was the Overmare's aide back home, and one of my main jobs was just checking up on ponies every so often to make sure they were still happy and to help them with any personal problems they might have. It wasn't always easy but it felt so good to just... help. To see other ponies happy and singing and know that you played a part in making that happen."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

The griffon took Stellar's hoof with a firm but light grip probably designed make his palms feel softer then they really were.

"Never met'r, but that's the name of the drink." the Talon commander replied as he smiled back, eyes glittering in the faint light.

"Andries Graeff, in the flesh. Call me Andy if you want." the big griffon replied, his voice light but confident, "I gotta say, you looked like the most confident one in your group of friends, so I'm guessing you're from around here, right?"
    Stellar's eyes twinkle at having guessed the cocktail correctly.

"Enchanted to meet you Andy," she purrs. Surely it's wrong to manipulate somebody like this? Also you literally just told Madeleine to knock it off with the griffons, so add "hypocritical" to the list. But alcohol is beginning to give her a warm glow that tells that little voice to sit down and shut up and by the way you like the attention and maybe the nice griffon is even quite attractive in a griffony sort of way.

"That's right, and very kind of you to say," she replies modestly. Perhaps he hasn't met Viridia yet.

"Are you local? If you're party of Abbas's security team then we'll see you in Last Stop for the meeting."
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2018-08-03 at 03:05 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

"Huh. Interesting. How did they handle cutie marks differently in Neighpon?"
    "You get a coming of age ceremony; if you're in the rural parts, you'd get brought before the elders of the village for them to see if you can do anything in the village, like become a farmer or fisherpony. If they don't think you could excel there, you'd get taken to the local lord or administrator, who will set up a apprenticeship with someone established, or arrange you being sent to the military. If they can't or wont, then you'd normally end back up in the village or join a band of traveling workers. If you have a more abstract cutie mark, then you could usually be dropped off at a priest's temple, or get pawned off to a traveling doctor. In the more developed areas, you'll get a party and you'll need to start to think if you would want to go into the government or one of the major companies." Fan Knife replied, "I'm guessing it's different in Equestria."

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Moonshadow goes down the hatch.
    Moonshadow found herself hovering in a small cylinder-shaped room; the floor was covered in a thin black carpet and the walls were smooth and had small, roughly carved square windows. The center of the room had large double-winding wooden staircase that went both upwards and downwards into the building, and the size of the steps obscured seeing what was directly above or below. The faint sound of wind was audible.

Doc raised an eyebrow to Bertly's statement, but there was a tiny hint of a smirk.
    "Jealous?!"

Choro looks as surprised as Mirror by Bertly's words. And significantly more angry. Any effort to maintain detachment is now well and truly gone. The little wizard glares daggers at the flying orb, pausing in her work to remonstrate with the robot and his newfound taste for psychoanalysis. "I'm not jealous of those three. They seemed more pitiable than anything. Their singing needs work and I think they've had less food than me these last few days. But excuse me for being offended a bunch of horse loving, second rate performer sellouts decided to rub salt in the wound by styling their little horse loyalty society with Celestia's mark!"

Flaring her muzzle, the little mage continues to stare at Bertly, running a hoof through the ground for emphasis. After a pause, Choro slowly turns back to the chest, hefting it once again. As she does so however, she adds a further rejoinder to the robot behind her. "And don't try and tell me horses give a different meaning to the sun. Those are ponies. Born in Equestria. And they're equating wealthy horses with the rightful monarch of all three tribes. They should know better"
    Bertly was silent after his chastisement, but Mirror seemed to find Choro's response to be somewhat dull. Her eyes narrowed slightly.

"The Servants here were under a pony named Snowflake, who was evil. But there are others under a pony named Sunrise, who was good and kept Sari alive when she was surrounded by enemies. They are silly but most of this place is silly, and Abbas is more a Equestrian then I am."

He looks to Mirror and nods. "Back during the great war, ponies built underground shelters called Stables to protect their families from the fighting. Some were built well and worked out. Others... not so much. A few of the Stables still exist. This city I believe has two, one that has the merchants you mentioned and the other I am not sure. They're good shelters so I imagine someone lives there."
    The new topic is certainly an easier one for Choro than the last. Doc starts to answer before she can, but once he's done, the little mage nods in affirmation. A fair summation, but she can add a little more. "They're designed to be completely independent from the outside world. In theory each Stable is under the authority of StableTec Headquarters, but I know ours never heard from them since the bombs fell. If they're still out there, the communication lines were damaged. In their absence, each one should have an Overmare in charge to provide a clear line of authority and resolve any conflicts."

She could've been quoting from some manual. Dichoro takes a seconds pause to straighten her hat and check the chest's position before continuing. "They can be pretty nice places to live in. We have to be careful with resources, since we're limited in our ability to resupply, but it's a lot safer than life on the surface. There's more of a sense of... togetherness. Everypony has to do their part to make the system work, so everypony else has an interest in their wellbeing." Choro sighs wistfully at the memory. For a moment, she's Cog again, bustling about the place, trying to remember her way through some of the less used corridors of the Stable. "I was the Overmare's aide back home, and one of my main jobs was just checking up on ponies every so often to make sure they were still happy and to help them with any personal problems they might have. It wasn't always easy but it felt so good to just... help. To see other ponies happy and singing and know that you played a part in making that happen."
    "We must ask for one, if there are no castles here." Mirror said, sounding firm, "There is much land here but it is crowded. A under ground fortress with room would be nice."

Stellar's eyes twinkle at having guessed the cocktail correctly.

"Enchanted to meet you Andy," she purrs. Surely it's wrong to manipulate somebody like this? Also you literally just told Madeleine to knock it off with the griffons, so as "hypocritical" to the list. But alcohol is beginning to give her a warm glow that tells that little voice to sit down and shut up and by the way you like the attention and maybe the nice griffon is even quite attractive in a griffony sort of way.
    The griffon seemed rather polite, well built (what a wingspan!) and somewhat striking profile, and in general looked completely natural in wearing what looked like a sweet set of combat armor. He also had a sense of humor that wasn't in the vein of dead baby jokes, and had that aura of independence that was truly only given off by those comfortable at flying. Well, if ponies could get used to other ponies with long faces...

Anyway, Andries's beak formed a small smirk, a clear mix of admiration and amusement present on his face.

"That's right, and very kind of you to say," she replies modestly. Perhaps he hasn't met Viridia yet.

"Are you local? If you're party of Abbas's security team then we'll see you in Last Stop for the meeting."
    "Actually, I'm from Albearta." Andries replied, chuckling slightly, "There wasn't much to do there for a griffon, the buffalo there have their own thing going on, so I traveled here and joined the Talons. This is a nice city, would like to keep it that way, too, found out there was a guy trying to keep it that way, and signed up with him a few years ago. If you're part of the boss's squad, I guess we will meet up there, huh. Been there before?"
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-08-02 at 08:57 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Bertly was silent after his chastisement
    "Don't take it personally, B," Doc consoles the robot. "If I understand the wizard, I think Choro's issue is that the Servants use the same symbol of a historical ruler Choro reveres. She seems to feel they're stealing its meaning for themselves. It's like... if an unrelated group took Robronco's logo for themselves."

Quote Originally Posted by Mirror
    "We must ask for one, if there are no castles here." Mirror said, sounding firm, "There is much land here but it is crowded. A under ground fortress with room would be nice."
    "Hmm, well if one becomes available that might actually be neat. Choro could probably tell us what living in them is like."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #25

"You get a coming of age ceremony; if you're in the rural parts, you'd get brought before the elders of the village for them to see if you can do anything in the village, like become a farmer or fisherpony. If they don't think you could excel there, you'd get taken to the local lord or administrator, who will set up a apprenticeship with someone established, or arrange you being sent to the military. If they can't or wont, then you'd normally end back up in the village or join a band of traveling workers. If you have a more abstract cutie mark, then you could usually be dropped off at a priest's temple, or get pawned off to a traveling doctor. In the more developed areas, you'll get a party and you'll need to start to think if you would want to go into the government or one of the major companies." Fan Knife replied, "I'm guessing it's different in Equestria."
    "you'd know more than me about what we used to do. I got mine in a game of Poker."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale
    Bertly was silent after his chastisement, but Mirror seemed to find Choro's response to be somewhat dull. Her eyes narrowed slightly.

"The Servants here were under a pony named Snowflake, who was evil. But there are others under a pony named Sunrise, who was good and kept Sari alive when she was surrounded by enemies. They are silly but most of this place is silly, and Abbas is more a Equestrian then I am."
    "That word should mean more than geography."

Choro sounds torn, equal parts sad and angry, but the little mage finds it hard to be angry at Ms. Mirror after what happened earlier. She sighs belabourdly, taking a second to check their progress before beginning to explain. "Our kingdom lasted for more than a thousand years. We created a land of peace, harmony and friendship from the union of three tribes as one. We stood for something. But now? Now it's just land and ponies and that's all anyone cares about. Not history. Not principle. Not caring for other ponies and working together. Just who wins, who rules, who has power and who doesn't. That's it to these ponies."

Well, to most of them. Surface dwellers aren't devoid of virtue, but the things they are willing to accept in others sometimes drives Choro up the wall. The little mare breaths deeply, gasping a touch for air after her tirade. When she starts again, she's a touch calmer than before. "If some of the Servants have done good, then good for them. And maybe Abbas is more of an Equestrian than I give him credit for. He seems well read, and most of the reasons I'm suspicious of him boil down to rumors. But where we grew up isn't what makes somepony Equestrian, at least not to me. And the sun..." It takes the little wizard a few seconds to find the words. How do you express what somepony so wonderful means to you? Eventually she has to settle on simple words, though she does so reluctantly. "It's special. It's important. It's the sign of the greatest monarch ponykind ever had. To reference her while serving foreigners and their interests is disrespectful to Celestia, and to the memory of Equestria itself. We were a nation built on her wisdom and guidance. Without that..."

Choro trails off, looking down sadly. She waves a hoof in the direction of the far off glowing radio tower. This is what ponies today knew. Not the kindness and wisdom of ancient princesses. Just bleakness and death. It went beyond disheartening. The little mare looks somber.

"Don't take it personally, B," Doc consoles the robot. "If I understand the wizard, I think Choro's issue is that the Servants use the same symbol of a historical ruler Choro reveres. She seems to feel they're stealing its meaning for themselves. It's like... if an unrelated group took Robronco's logo for themselves."
    Choro blinks at Doc's attempt to explain the situation. That was strange. She coughs a touch awkwardly, "I'm pretty sure Mr. Bertly knows who Celestia was, Doctor. She may have stepped down in the war years but she wasn't that obscure."
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2018-08-03 at 03:06 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Moonshadow heads down.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

28. - Top - End - #28

"I'm pretty sure Mr. Bertly knows who Celestia was, Doctor. She may have stepped down in the war years but she wasn't that obscure."
    Doc looks over to Bertly, then back to Choro. "Well, reckon that's true, but my point is that you disagree with the Servants taking up Celestia's mark for themselves. They use the mark, but not her principals.."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2018-08-03 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Reworded for clarity.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

The griffon seemed rather polite, well built (what a wingspan!) and somewhat striking profile, and in general looked completely natural in wearing what looked like a sweet set of combat armor. He also had a sense of humor that wasn't in the vein of dead baby jokes, and had that aura of independence that was truly only given off by those comfortable at flying. Well, if ponies could get used to other ponies with long faces...

Anyway, Andries's beak formed a small smirk, a clear mix of admiration and amusement present on his face.

"Actually, I'm from Albearta." Andries replied, chuckling slightly, "There wasn't much to do there for a griffon, the buffalo there have their own thing going on, so I traveled here and joined the Talons. This is a nice city, would like to keep it that way, too, found out there was a guy trying to keep it that way, and signed up with him a few years ago. If you're part of the boss's squad, I guess we will meet up there, huh. Been there before?"
    "Actually I have been out that way to Cavalry once," Stellar says, sipping some more of her drink. Warm and fuzzy now. "A trade run with my folks. You're right, there wasn't much left to look at and I don't think it was especially pretty to begin with. At least, the bits I saw, which wasn't much," she admits in case she was being too critical of Andries' home.

"Yeah, me too," she says thoughtfully, Abbas' graph returning to her mind. "I have an idea that might help..."

Rather than elaborate she looks at him sideways through her eyelashes. "You're quite handsome by the way." And then she blushes.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Doc looks over to Bertly, then back to Choro. "Well, reckon that's true, but my point is that you disagree with the Servants taking up Celestia's mark for themselves. They use the mark, but not her principals.."
    Choro takes a second to mull that over before nodding. "That's sort of it. I don't know what principles the Servants subscribe to, but what they've said, what Sari said and how Abbas acts makes me believe their actions as a whole run counter to Celestia's values and teachings. She wanted ponykind to stand together, to uplift one another, not to just fall into line behind a powerful despot, suborning yourself to another's will. She ruled over the land, but more as a parent than a monarch"

The little mare's mind briefly turns back to the Servants' little pantomime of welcome to Abbas. Choro can't help but sigh, "If she could see what her ponies were doing just to try and survive, to make sure they have food and water? Celestia would weep."