New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    Choro found that she was suddenly being assaulted by a large, shaggy, happy carpet that happened to be roughly dog-shaped. The big lug, after licking her face again, immediately decided to settle down next to her and curl it's body around her, which mostly meant that Choro was suddenly enveloped in a large, warm mass of dog.
    "Aaaaggh!" Choro swas limply at the overaffectionate pile of dog, though it takes the little unicorn an effort of will not to burst out laughing at its assault. She smiles down at their new companion. She still doesn't feel like she truly understands their less than talkativefriend, but affecion and friendship are words she knows well, and both are always welcome in times like this.

A small thumk came from a corner of the bus; it appeared that Madeleine, with her legs tucked under her body, had decided to fall asleep with her head lying on the ground. Mirror continued to look at the AI like she was expecting for someone to either help her or, at the very least, say something.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Ah good, Moony came through. Well, if something's botherin' you, C, don't hold it in." Doc smirks when Butch assaults Choro in licks and a dog hug. Good dog.

He gets up and rolls a pair of old shirts together to make a pillow for Maddie. Doc gently tucks her in and then sits back down to explain it to Mirror. "That's Madeleine. She's a... well we call it an Artificial Intelligence. Like a machine that can think for herself. This is her first time being a pony, so she has no clue how anything works in our culture. We meet a lot of strange creatures in our adventures."
    "And it gets more confusing because while her body's sort of a machine it's also sort of..." Choro waves a hoof; that was one more mystery that still somewhat confounded her. As Doc works to make a blanket for Maddie, Choro fishes in her bags to withdraw a sleeping blanket that she gently tucks over the AI with her magic.

Job done, Choro looks back to Doc. She doesn't want to ignore what he said, but doesn't want to bring down the mood too drastically either. The little unicorn takes a second to gather her thoughts before beginning with a sigh. "Somedays the whole Wasteland bothers me. I suppose that's inevitable, but..." She waves a hoof, trying to find the right words to describe it. "I just think about how things used to be. I didn't expect the world to be like that, obviously, I knew what I was getting into when I left my Stable. But I can't stop myself. I spent all my life thinking about Equestria in the present tense: our stable was there to preserve its legacy, to pass down its history. It felt real to us, tangible. That was the world we thought of being above us, the world we dreamed about. The actual topside was something we tried to forget about. And now..."

She doesn't even come close to having the words for it. The continuousness of travelling through this, day after day after day. Choro just sits there morosely for a bit before turning to Mirror, still looking dispirited, "I'm sorry you have to see us like this. Our country used to be something amazing and wonderful. Equestria was a place of beauty, harmony and friendship. Now it's just a mess, with our old cities in ruins, our past buried under rubble and ponies fighting over lines on a map."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Spamalot in the Playground

"Well, C, at least you're adjusting better than Moonshadow. The wasteland bothers her daily," Doc quips, pausing in his notes.

"But yeah, Equestria is a bit of a mess right now. Still, there are some nice folks with good hearts living in it. Friendship isn't dead, it still lives on in us. We just have to band together and work toward rebuilding. "
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    "Uh, no? There are foals here, Fan Knife. And, I don't care. What's she gonna do, get pissy that I walked through her room to steal from somepony else?" Viridia snorted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Exactly. Besides, while I wouldn't mind stealing from her, I don't think she's done anything to deserve death. Moonshadow added, before falling silent now that they were back in her home proper.
    Fan Knife gave the two pegasi a odd look, and shook her head and continued forward.

"I don't know her, but this place was built on top of two different treasure troves, and as great as these gems are I'd bet the books here are more valuable to the right ponies." Fan Knife replied, "Do you think she could do anything with the stuff down here, being a priestess of Nightmare Moon and all that? Because now that I know this exists, I'm not exactly happy about it. She's with that short mare and that teenager with the colts, right? They're all from the same town, and if she wanted to get back at you she could hurt them before they knew what was happening."

The crunching causes Doc's ears to lift up straight. He looks down at the roaches, then over to Mirror. "Those are the magic roaches I mentioned. They'll eat anything you give 'em, but they're gentle critters."
    Mirror looked at the cardboard box, and just nodded in reply, her curiosity apparently having been shot and buried some time in the recent past.

He gets up and rolls a pair of old shirts together to make a pillow for Maddie. Doc gently tucks her in and then sits back down to explain it to Mirror.
    Handling Madeleine was a lot like handling a dead body that happened to be made mostly out of metal, which was about as pleasant as it sounded.

"That's Madeleine. She's a... well we call it an Artificial Intelligence. Like a machine that can think for herself. This is her first time being a pony, so she has no clue how anything works in our culture. We meet a lot of strange creatures in our adventures."
    "Yes." Mirror said, nodding once, as if accepting that this was her life, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    "Aaaaggh!" Choro swas limply at the overaffectionate pile of dog, though it takes the little unicorn an effort of will not to burst out laughing at its assault. She smiles down at their new companion. She still doesn't feel like she truly understands their less than talkativefriend, but affecion and friendship are words she knows well, and both are always welcome in times like this.
    As Choro moved around and about, the dog was only ever a few inches away, apparently intending on following her no matter where she went and in disregards to any barriers that would prevent that, such as personal space.

"And it gets more confusing because while her body's sort of a machine it's also sort of..." Choro waves a hoof; that was one more mystery that still somewhat confounded her. As Doc works to make a blanket for Maddie, Choro fishes in her bags to withdraw a sleeping blanket that she gently tucks over the AI with her magic.
    Mirror, hesitantly, raised a hoof, as to ask a question. Her eyes were narrowed, and she glanced back over to the sleeping cyborg.

"Did she clothe herself?" she asked, her voice almost frosty.

Bertly made a noise that sounded suspiciously like a chuckle.

Job done, Choro looks back to Doc. She doesn't want to ignore what he said, but doesn't want to bring down the mood too drastically either. The little unicorn takes a second to gather her thoughts before beginning with a sigh. "Somedays the whole Wasteland bothers me. I suppose that's inevitable, but..." She waves a hoof, trying to find the right words to describe it. "I just think about how things used to be. I didn't expect the world to be like that, obviously, I knew what I was getting into when I left my Stable. But I can't stop myself. I spent all my life thinking about Equestria in the present tense: our stable was there to preserve its legacy, to pass down its history. It felt real to us, tangible. That was the world we thought of being above us, the world we dreamed about. The actual topside was something we tried to forget about. And now..."

She doesn't even come close to having the words for it. The continuousness of travelling through this, day after day after day. Choro just sits there morosely for a bit before turning to Mirror, still looking dispirited, "I'm sorry you have to see us like this. Our country used to be something amazing and wonderful. Equestria was a place of beauty, harmony and friendship. Now it's just a mess, with our old cities in ruins, our past buried under rubble and ponies fighting over lines on a map."
    "Well, C, at least you're adjusting better than Moonshadow. The wasteland bothers her daily," Doc quips, pausing in his notes.

"But yeah, Equestria is a bit of a mess right now. Still, there are some nice folks with good hearts living in it. Friendship isn't dead, it still lives on in us. We just have to band together and work toward rebuilding. "
    Bertly was oddly silent as he produced a small brush and seemed intent on dusting off the junk pile. Meanwhile, Mirror shook her head out of her apparent fashion-induced funk, and blinked at the words of the two ponies.

"There are pegasi above the clouds, yes?" Mirror asked, pointing up at the rusty ceiling of the bus as if to make her point, "Why not go there, if they have a kingdom?"

4. - Top - End - #124

"There are pegasi above the clouds, yes?" Mirror asked, pointing up at the rusty ceiling of the bus as if to make her point, "Why not go there, if they have a kingdom?"
    "The kingdom above is called the Enclave. The pegasi that live there are governed by their army," Doc explains in a calm tone. "They think that all of us ground-dwelling ponies are dumb and worthless creatures, so they will shoot us if we try to enter their lands. Their citizens aren't allowed to leave the Enclave and visit us either, or they get exiled forever. I've heard that exiles get their cutie mark burned off."

Doc pokes at his own cutie mark to add to his statement. "Now, I've heard that a few pegasi up there don't agree with those rules, so they left and formed a group called... Dash-ites I think. Some of them live in Last Stop, or so I've been told, but I don't know if they're any nicer than the Enclave."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

5. - Top - End - #125
    Colossus in the Playground

Fan Knife gave the two pegasi a odd look, and shook her head and continued forward.

"I don't know her, but this place was built on top of two different treasure troves, and as great as these gems are I'd bet the books here are more valuable to the right ponies." Fan Knife replied, "Do you think she could do anything with the stuff down here, being a priestess of Nightmare Moon and all that? Because now that I know this exists, I'm not exactly happy about it. She's with that short mare and that teenager with the colts, right? They're all from the same town, and if she wanted to get back at you she could hurt them before they knew what was happening."
    "Ehhh, she's known them all their lives, I'm pretty sure. And also, she wouldn't do that, because most of the party still tolerates her." Viridia said. "Which they won't, if they find out she's hurt some foals. And that escalation means we'll murder the **** out of her." She smiled. "If she's as smart as she thinks she is, she probably knows that's not something she wants."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

"Ehhh, she's known them all their lives, I'm pretty sure. And also, she wouldn't do that, because most of the party still tolerates her." Viridia said. "Which they won't, if they find out she's hurt some foals. And that escalation means we'll murder the **** out of her." She smiled. "If she's as smart as she thinks she is, she probably knows that's not something she wants."
    Honestly, I've never met the mare, so I couldn't really say anything about her. But she never stood up to Snowflake, so I doubt she's going to come after the ponies that took her down. Especially since we didn't actually take anything.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

"The kingdom above is called the Enclave. The pegasi that live there are governed by their army," Doc explains in a calm tone. "They think that all of us ground-dwelling ponies are dumb and worthless creatures, so they will shoot us if we try to enter their lands. Their citizens aren't allowed to leave the Enclave and visit us either, or they get exiled forever. I've heard that exiles get their cutie mark burned off."

Doc pokes at his own cutie mark to add to his statement. "Now, I've heard that a few pegasi up there don't agree with those rules, so they left and formed a group called... Dash-ites I think. Some of them live in Last Stop, or so I've been told, but I don't know if they're any nicer than the Enclave."
    Mirror nodded several times as Doc spoke, and didn't appear particularly phased at the talk of branding ponies, but stopped nodding about halfway though and seemed deeply confused by his last statement.

"Are they traitors to that kingdom?" Mirror asked, sounding as if the concept troubled her.

Honestly, I've never met the mare, so I couldn't really say anything about her. But she never stood up to Snowflake, so I doubt she's going to come after the ponies that took her down. Especially since we didn't actually take anything.
    Fan Knife didn't reply until the group had made it roughly halfway through the library.

"I mean, this whole room's made of stone and we're probably about a hundred feet underground. If we light a match or something, I don't think the ponies upstairs would know until the smoke rises up to them." Fan Knife said, sounding slightly annoyed, "I know there's kids here, but if you're not going to destroy this place, what are you going to do with it?"

8. - Top - End - #128

"Are they traitors to that kingdom?" Mirror asked, sounding as if the concept troubled her.
    Doc nods in the affirmative. "Yes, they are considered traitors to the Enclave."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

"You said it, Doctor!" Choro grins at that, raising her hoof in salute to Doc. Celestia's name, it's good to have a stallion like that around. Nopony is better at cheering others up that Doctor Vardo Wagon.

Doc nods in the affirmative. "Yes, they are considered traitors to the Enclave."
    "But that's okay, because the whole Enclave are traitors to Equestria in the first place! They stabbed us in the back during the war, and broke the unity of the Three Tribes. So... I guess betraying traitors makes them loyalists?" Choro offers, hesitantly. She's fairly sure Moonshadow isn't down here by choice, or at least dislikes Equestria as much as the Enclave seems to, but that's a complication she doesn't really need to try and explain right now. Ms. Mirror already looks uncomfortable with the idea that these ponies are traitors to their homeland, no need to make her start ruing their loyalty instead.

10. - Top - End - #130

"I mean, this whole room's made of stone and we're probably about a hundred feet underground. If we light a match or something, I don't think the ponies upstairs would know until the smoke rises up to them." Fan Knife said, sounding slightly annoyed, "I know there's kids here, but if you're not going to destroy this place, what are you going to do with it?"
    "Walk out of it?" Viridia said. "There are lots of buildings I've visited without doing something with them."

11. - Top - End - #131

"You said it, Doctor!" Choro grins at that, raising her hoof in salute to Doc.
    Doc smiles and, after a moment of hesitation, salutes back. He doesn't feel the praise is needed for just being optimistic, but Celestia bless Choro's little heart it's nice to see her acting more herself now.

"But that's okay, because the whole Enclave are traitors to Equestria in the first place! They stabbed us in the back during the war, and broke the unity of the Three Tribes. So... I guess betraying traitors makes them loyalists?" Choro offers, hesitantly. She's fairly sure Moonshadow isn't down here by choice, or at least dislikes Equestria as much as the Enclave seems to, but that's a complication she doesn't really need to try and explain right now. Ms. Mirror already looks uncomfortable with the idea that these ponies are traitors to their homeland, no need to make her start ruing their loyalty instead.
    "I'm not sure I'd call them loyalists. Dash-ite is pretty much is their label, isn't it? Well, reckon we could ask the ones in Last Stop about it. I've never actually spoken with a Dash-ite before. I think they only stop in my home town for medical treatment."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Fan Knife didn't reply until the group had made it roughly halfway through the library.

Ignore it? The place isn't being run by a psycho who is torturing ponies at the drop of a hat. Honestly, if you guys couldn't find any evidence or sign of wrongdoing, then Shade just seems like a pony with a bad taste in religion.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

13. - Top - End - #133

Ignore it? The place isn't being run by a psycho who is torturing ponies at the drop of a hat. Honestly, if you guys couldn't find any evidence or sign of wrongdoing, then Shade just seems like a pony with a bad taste in religion.
    "Well, she's apparently doing some really suspicious scavenging, and she has a big evil library filled with big evil books. She's not just a pony with a religion." Viridia pointed out.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

"You said it, Doctor!" Choro grins at that, raising her hoof in salute to Doc. Celestia's name, it's good to have a stallion like that around. Nopony is better at cheering others up that Doctor Vardo Wagon.

Mirror winced at Choro's explanation, for some reason.

Doc smiles and, after a moment of hesitation, salutes back. He doesn't feel the praise is needed for just being optimistic, but Celestia bless Choro's little heart it's nice to see her acting more herself now.

"I'm not sure I'd call them loyalists. Dash-ite is pretty much is their label, isn't it? Well, reckon we could ask the ones in Last Stop about it. I've never actually spoken with a Dash-ite before. I think they only stop in my home town for medical treatment."
    "If they broke off from Equestria before it fell," Mirror asked, sounding as if she wanted to phrase her words very carefully, "Than they saved many pegasi, yes?"

Rather abruptly, Bertly made a noise; actually, that noise was the sound of his flamethrower priming, but that quickly stopped and the robot hovered over towards Mirror with clear enthusiasm.

"Lass, I recognize a accent!" Bertly said, somewhat cheerfully, which caused Mirror to be clearly alarmed, "If you need to sit down with a guide to Equestria, why, there's mare named Strata Survey traveling with us, she's a former Equestrian historian and archaeologist! I do believe that she could answer almost all of your questions about life here and could help you avoid going down towards any paths of thought that could be considered treasonous by the Equestrian authorities."

Mirror, looking at the robot with clear alarm, slowly reached out with a leg and patted the robot on the top of it's dome, like it was a particularly rowdy dog. Bertly chuckled at the misplaced attempt at affection.

"Walk out of it?" Viridia said. "There are lots of buildings I've visited without doing something with them."
    Fan Knife said nothing, and continued to trot along.

"Well, she's apparently doing some really suspicious scavenging, and she has a big evil library filled with big evil books. She's not just a pony with a religion." Viridia pointed out.
    Fan Knife was very quiet until the group had arrived at the stony steps at the front of the library; however, she stopped just before she took the first step, and turned halfway towards the pegasi. She sounded subdued, as if, now that they were exiting the library, now was the time for recollection and subtlety.

"You get a lot of weird Equestrians here from all over; ponies who normally couldn't survive elsewhere can do it here, so that means ponies with crazy ideas don't immediately starve to death." Fan Knife complained, "You can see the whole gamut here; sun worship, ponies who think the Ministry Mares are gods, ponies who worship old factories and machines, ponies who worship nature, and all sorts of little cults and traditions that they've managed to come up with in the last century. When you're whole spiritual belief system is based on a statue of Fluttershy that's in a old pill mill that was the focal point of whatever crappy hill community you're from along with a few picture books, then it's going to be mostly wrong. This, though..." Fan Knife said, voice turning a little quieter as she briefly glanced at a nearby row of books, "I don't like the idea that this Nightmare Moon worshiper has a justification for doing what she's doing rooted in reality. You two didn't find a holy book or anything coming down here, did you? I checked the front alter and around it, and I couldn't find one."
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-08-18 at 03:06 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135

"Moonshadow is a former Enclave soldier. She seems to know her history decently well by their perspective," Doc adds as well. "If I remember her side of the story, the Enclave broke off from Equestria because they felt their pegasi we're doing all the fighting while the unicorns and earth ponies we're slacking off. Would be nice to compare it to what Strata remembers."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Fan Knife was very quiet until the group had arrived at the stony steps at the front of the library; however, she stopped just before she took the first step, and turned halfway towards the pegasi. She sounded subdued, as if, now that they were exiting the library, now was the time for recollection and subtlety.

"You get a lot of weird Equestrians here from all over; ponies who normally couldn't survive elsewhere can do it here, so that means ponies with crazy ideas don't immediately starve to death." Fan Knife complained, "You can see the whole gamut here; sun worship, ponies who think the Ministry Mares are gods, ponies who worship old factories and machines, ponies who worship nature, and all sorts of little cults and traditions that they've managed to come up with in the last century. When you're whole spiritual belief system is based on a statue of Fluttershy that's in a old pill mill that was the focal point of whatever crappy hill community you're from along with a few picture books, then it's going to be mostly wrong. This, though..." Fan Knife said, voice turning a little quieter as she briefly glanced at a nearby row of books, "I don't like the idea that this Nightmare Moon worshiper has a justification for doing what she's doing rooted in reality. You two didn't find a holy book or anything coming down here, did you? I checked the front alter and around it, and I couldn't find one."
    I was just looking for you guys, so I didn't notice anything of that sort. Moonshadow said. Though I'm kinda, not really, but a little bit, curious what you know about Nightmare Moon. I only real know her as Luna's stupid attempt to destroy the world which failed miserably. Twice.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

"If they broke off from Equestria before it fell," Mirror asked, sounding as if she wanted to phrase her words very carefully, "Than they saved many pegasi, yes?"

Rather abruptly, Bertly made a noise; actually, that noise was the sound of his flamethrower priming, but that quickly stopped and the robot hovered over towards Mirror with clear enthusiasm.

"Lass, I recognize a accent!" Bertly said, somewhat cheerfully, which caused Mirror to be clearly alarmed, "If you need to sit down with a guide to Equestria, why, there's mare named Strata Survey traveling with us, she's a former Equestrian historian and archaeologist! I do believe that she could answer almost all of your questions about life here and could help you avoid going down towards any paths of thought that could be considered treasonous by the Equestrian authorities."

Mirror, looking at the robot with clear alarm, slowly reached out with a leg and patted the robot on the top of it's dome, like it was a particularly rowdy dog. Bertly chuckled at the misplaced attempt at affection.
    Choro might not possess an inbuilt flamethrower, but the look she gives Mirror in response to her hypothetical is still smoldering with a fire of its own. She's clearly taken exactly as much offense to this suggestion as Mirror had expected. It's not her fault. She's a foreigner. She doesn't understand. With an effort, and a little fiddling with her hat, Choro elaborates as calmly as she can. "They broke off as it fell. Not before. The ponies in my stable had never heard of the Enclave, and our records date back to the Last Day. Their actions are likely what caused Equestria to fall: the Zebras would've had a harder time targeting us with all those missiles if the ponies we'd relied upon to defend us from the skies didn't turn traitor. However many pegasi they saved, it doesn't justify the number of innocent ponies that were killed through their betrayal."

Nothing could justify that. The little mage turns back to her doggie friend, patting him gently before glancing over to Mirror. "Why do you feel loyalty to them? They wouldn't reciprocate it. Their mission statement is that pegasus lives matter more than the rest of us. They're... jerks!" A slightly extreme term, but Choro truly means it. She can't think of a group of ponies who've ever done something quite so horrible, even historically.

18. - Top - End - #138

"Moonshadow still seems to bear some loyalty to the Enclave. I worry that if she tries to return up there, they'd shoot her."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

"Moonshadow is a former Enclave soldier. She seems to know her history decently well by their perspective," Doc adds as well. "If I remember her side of the story, the Enclave broke off from Equestria because they felt their pegasi we're doing all the fighting while the unicorns and earth ponies we're slacking off. Would be nice to compare it to what Strata remembers."
    Mirror blinked.

Choro might not possess an inbuilt flamethrower, but the look she gives Mirror in response to her hypothetical is still smoldering with a fire of its own. She's clearly taken exactly as much offense to this suggestion as Mirror had expected. It's not her fault. She's a foreigner. She doesn't understand. With an effort, and a little fiddling with her hat, Choro elaborates as calmly as she can. "They broke off as it fell. Not before. The ponies in my stable had never heard of the Enclave, and our records date back to the Last Day. Their actions are likely what caused Equestria to fall: the Zebras would've had a harder time targeting us with all those missiles if the ponies we'd relied upon to defend us from the skies didn't turn traitor. However many pegasi they saved, it doesn't justify the number of innocent ponies that were killed through their betrayal."
    Mirror started to look as if she was confused.

Nothing could justify that. The little mage turns back to her doggie friend, patting him gently before glancing over to Mirror. "Why do you feel loyalty to them? They wouldn't reciprocate it. Their mission statement is that pegasus lives matter more than the rest of us. They're... jerks!" A slightly extreme term, but Choro truly means it. She can't think of a group of ponies who've ever done something quite so horrible, even historically.
    Mirror continued to look as if Choro speaking gibberish, and spoke after she finished.

"I do not have loyalty to them, but Equestria had domains in the sky and the land. The pegasi lived in it, and they made a Enclave from it's unbroken territory." Mirror replied, not sounding certain of anything but continuing to speak, giving it a sort of a rambling quality, "Why would you not call it half of Equestria, if they were Equestrian pegasi who have survived and this land was ruined? They may not call them selves that, but they are. If they formed a proud army and they chose to flee, was that not a act to save those who could be saved? I know of the underground havens, but there are not many of them, for how grand these ruins are. If Equestria was special for it's three tribes and one severed themselves from it, than either they are what is left of Equestria or Equestria can not be formed again as it was. There are many here like Abbas who do not want to be Equestrians, but those in the clouds are more like those that I was told of than of hidden shelters or of the walking dead."

"Moonshadow still seems to bear some loyalty to the Enclave. I worry that if she tries to return up there, they'd shoot her."
    Mirror seemed surprised and startled by the new information, but her eyes widened suddenly and she nodded.

"I remember the dead pegasus who was with you. She once said that she was not to go above the clouds as well, and said that they were fearful of what was below them." Mirror said, sounding grave, as if the topic upset her slightly, "My people visit strange lands, and there are rules to deal with strange magics and illnesses."

I was just looking for you guys, so I didn't notice anything of that sort. Moonshadow said. Though I'm kinda, not really, but a little bit, curious what you know about Nightmare Moon. I only real know her as Luna's stupid attempt to destroy the world which failed miserably. Twice.
    Fan Knife, after giving a rather brief look at the library, started to trot along again, passing by the alter outside the door quickly. If it wasn't for the fact that Moonshadow could see in the dark, there really wasn't that much to indicate that the ghoul hadn't just vanished behind the door, but was instead somehow near the stone stairs on the other side of the room and was already starting to climb up them.

"I never heard about her in my homeland, but she was talked about some when I was alive in this country." Fan Knife said, her voice sounding only a little far away, "Not loudly, but enough to get the general idea. Anyway, I think Nightmare Moon was a costume Luna put on and anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves in not wanting to own up to the fact that the ruler who tried to take over Equestria twice eventually got what she wanted. If ponies can live in Stables, they could probably handle a eternal night, and there were some ponies like Tenaculum who probably would've followed Luna's orders however she looked like. The zebras thought they were the same, too, and they would've been idiots to think otherwise because of her track record."

20. - Top - End - #140

"I remember the dead pegasus who was with you. She once said that she was not to go above the clouds as well, and said that they were fearful of what was below them." Mirror said, sounding grave, as if the topic upset her slightly, "My people visit strange lands, and there are rules to deal with strange magics and illnesses."
    "Dead pegasus... ah, Joyous. Yeah, it's a general rule down here to not try and visit the Enclave."

Although interesting, this conversation is also a bit depressing. Doc digs into his backpack and pulls out a ruby. "Well, we can't change what was done in the past. We just gotta learn from it and forge ahead. Abbas is looking to unite this town and I'd like to find out what kind of leader he's going to be. He's paying us quite a bit, so I imagine he feels we're an important piece in his game of chess here. And... I am not sure how much this ruby is worth. Either of you ladies good at appraising gems?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Fan Knife, after giving a rather brief look at the library, started to trot along again, passing by the alter outside the door quickly. If it wasn't for the fact that Moonshadow could see in the dark, there really wasn't that much to indicate that the ghoul hadn't just vanished behind the door, but was instead somehow near the stone stairs on the other side of the room and was already starting to climb up them.

"I never heard about her in my homeland, but she was talked about some when I was alive in this country." Fan Knife said, her voice sounding only a little far away, "Not loudly, but enough to get the general idea. Anyway, I think Nightmare Moon was a costume Luna put on and anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves in not wanting to own up to the fact that the ruler who tried to take over Equestria twice eventually got what she wanted. If ponies can live in Stables, they could probably handle a eternal night, and there were some ponies like Tenaculum who probably would've followed Luna's orders however she looked like. The zebras thought they were the same, too, and they would've been idiots to think otherwise because of her track record."
    That's interesting. I guess we'll talk later. We should be quiet now. Moonshadow said, following along as they hopefully left the building.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

"Dead pegasus... ah, Joyous. Yeah, it's a general rule down here to not try and visit the Enclave."
    Mirror nodded.

Although interesting, this conversation is also a bit depressing. Doc digs into his backpack and pulls out a ruby. "Well, we can't change what was done in the past. We just gotta learn from it and forge ahead. Abbas is looking to unite this town and I'd like to find out what kind of leader he's going to be. He's paying us quite a bit, so I imagine he feels we're an important piece in his game of chess here. And... I am not sure how much this ruby is worth. Either of you ladies good at appraising gems?"
    Mirror, apparently finding the question odd, shook her head.

That's interesting. I guess we'll talk later. We should be quiet now. Moonshadow said, following along as they hopefully left the building.
    Perhaps it was something about a pegasi being surrounded by stone, but Moonshadow could feel that slight, instinctual tension fade and be replaced with the more reasonable paranoia when she gradually became closer to ground level. The slight scent of incense started to creep into her nose, and soon she found herself stepping on wood instead of old stone. The central chamber of the church was vast even from a pegasus's perspective and murky even for her. There was no sign of any individuals in the room except for Viridia, trailing behind her. One of the front doors was opened just a hair, narrow enough for a skinny filly to slip through.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Moonshadow moves to the crack in the door, checking for anyone who would notice them leaving, and trying to remain hidden as she did so.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception (1d10)[10] vs 10
    Stealth (1d100)[99] vs 96
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Mirror continued to look as if Choro speaking gibberish, and spoke after she finished.

"I do not have loyalty to them, but Equestria had domains in the sky and the land. The pegasi lived in it, and they made a Enclave from it's unbroken territory." Mirror replied, not sounding certain of anything but continuing to speak, giving it a sort of a rambling quality, "Why would you not call it half of Equestria, if they were Equestrian pegasi who have survived and this land was ruined? They may not call them selves that, but they are. If they formed a proud army and they chose to flee, was that not a act to save those who could be saved? I know of the underground havens, but there are not many of them, for how grand these ruins are. If Equestria was special for it's three tribes and one severed themselves from it, than either they are what is left of Equestria or Equestria can not be formed again as it was. There are many here like Abbas who do not want to be Equestrians, but those in the clouds are more like those that I was told of than of hidden shelters or of the walking dead."
    Mirror's words have actually helped calm Choro further: the more she speaks, the easier to see her fellow unicorn simply has a different way of looking at things. Smiling at the Everfrost pony, C starts to elabourate, "What defined Equestrian identity was the unity of the tribes. Earth Ponies, Unicorns and Pegasi: working together, supplementing each others strengths. The Enclave turned their back on that. You could argue their temporal authority is Equestrian, they maintained institutions of the old days, but spiritually they're nothing of the kind. Their existence is predicated on not just ignoring, but actively betraying their fellow ponies in a time of desperate need. As for the idea that Equestria can't be remade while it stands..."

Well, yes. For multiple reasons, including the absence of sunlight, their military threat, and the general state of the ground. Choro sighs, but she manages a weary smile. "You're not alone in that observation. But that shouldn't stop us trying. There are still pegasi in the Wasteland: not as many as before, but they're here. So long as all three tribes of ponies are still standing together, Equestria isn't gone yet."

"Too much?" Choro opined, chuckling darkly before offering a more serious take. "That's not an appraisal, just a statement of concern. I've spent the last several days not getting paid, and someone's offering this much in advance?" The little mare shrugs. "I don't trust it. But I didn't trust Abbas anyway, so take that statement with a grain of sugar."

Opinion offered, Choro falls silent, pondering the matter further. Thanatos has also given them a lot, before Ms. Viridia had been a jerk about it. But that wasn't with the expectation of working for him, it was for services already rendered. The one thing this meant... is that Abbas really wants them to go and do this job. Doctor Wagon's appraisal that it's because of trust in the group might be accurate, but the only fact they know is that Abbas wants them there. And that fact has multiple interpretations. If they all get killed there: it might serve as some nice distraction, and leave the horse able to recover his money.

Since when did you get so cynical?

Since about five minutes after I left the Stable!
    Last edited by Inspector Valin; 2018-08-20 at 02:21 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145

Since no one has an answer for Doc, he simply pockets the ruby again. "Well we did get paid a prince's sum for saving Sari's life. I think you got the same cut*--400 caps, 200 bits, two rubies and three bars of gold. Never thought I'd see gold come in bar form. I wish I knew what the exchange rate is."

(*reward was divided among PCs.)
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2018-08-20 at 05:47 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Moonshadow moves to the crack in the door, checking for anyone who would notice them leaving, and trying to remain hidden as she did so.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception [roll0] vs 10
    Stealth [roll1] vs 96
    Moonshadow, as she thoroughly checked the area for any hidden Nightmare cultists lying in wait or Special Snowflake 2.0, accidentally stepped on a loose floorboard. This wouldn't be so bad if the wooden board didn't immediately break, causing Moonshadow's right front leg to fall right through the floor. This, furthermore, wouldn't be so bad if her Pipbuck wasn't knicked a few times on the way down. Again, this wouldn't be a problem if her Pipbuck didn't somehow end up on full volume, aided by the acoustics of the saintly church, suitable to amplify a quiet pre-war organ, and her radio still wasn't set on Tenpony Tower's channel. On a better day, a quiet song would have been on the air, suitable for weary travelers in the Equestrian wastes who needed to be lulled to sleep, but instead the song that tore through the peaceful serenity of the humble chamber of worship was this. A yank of her leg proved that, quite frankly, she was stuck. As the sound of the brass band cut through the silent, peaceful night like a knife, Moonshadow's head was angled towards the alter, and the mural behind it; Moonshadow could almost see the abstract depiction of the alicorn of the night look down on her, a thin eyebrow raised ever so slightly more than before.

[A successful Strength check is going to be needed to get Moonshadow from her situation.]

Mirror's words have actually helped calm Choro further: the more she speaks, the easier to see her fellow unicorn simply has a different way of looking at things. Smiling at the Everfrost pony, C starts to elabourate, "What defined Equestrian identity was the unity of the tribes. Earth Ponies, Unicorns and Pegasi: working together, supplementing each others strengths. The Enclave turned their back on that. You could argue their temporal authority is Equestrian, they maintained institutions of the old days, but spiritually they're nothing of the kind. Their existence is predicated on not just ignoring, but actively betraying their fellow ponies in a time of desperate need. As for the idea that Equestria can't be remade while it stands..."

Well, yes. For multiple reasons, including the absence of sunlight, their military threat, and the general state of the ground. Choro sighs, but she manages a weary smile. "You're not alone in that observation. But that shouldn't stop us trying. There are still pegasi in the Wasteland: not as many as before, but they're here. So long as all three tribes of ponies are still standing together, Equestria isn't gone yet."
    Mirror seemed to find the idea dubious, but she nodded anyway.

"Too much?" Choro opined, chuckling darkly before offering a more serious take. "That's not an appraisal, just a statement of concern. I've spent the last several days not getting paid, and someone's offering this much in advance?" The little mare shrugs. "I don't trust it. But I didn't trust Abbas anyway, so take that statement with a grain of sugar."

Opinion offered, Choro falls silent, pondering the matter further. Thanatos has also given them a lot, before Ms. Viridia had been a jerk about it. But that wasn't with the expectation of working for him, it was for services already rendered. The one thing this meant... is that Abbas really wants them to go and do this job. Doctor Wagon's appraisal that it's because of trust in the group might be accurate, but the only fact they know is that Abbas wants them there. And that fact has multiple interpretations. If they all get killed there: it might serve as some nice distraction, and leave the horse able to recover his money.

Since when did you get so cynical?

Since about five minutes after I left the Stable!
    Since no one has an answer for Doc, he simply pockets the ruby again. "Well we did get paid a prince's sum for saving Sari's life. I think you got the same cut*--400 caps, 200 bits, two rubies and three bars of gold. Never thought I'd see gold come in bar form. I wish I knew what the exchange rate is."

(*reward was divided among PCs.)
    Doc was answered with a wheeze, and a thumping sound. Strata sort of hobbled into the bus, with the stance of someone who had just recently pulled herself out of a vehicle accident without any blood or grime or anything to indicate that she had been in any kind of danger, actually. She limped past Steller, Choro and Doc without really acknowledging them until she came to the sleeping form of the Madeleine, and she then just sort of stared at her for a few moments. She then turned towards the rest of the group, eyes wide. From within her robes, she produced something grey and shiny on a stick, and held it in her magic.

"Alright, so that place was locked, but I got a lamprey on a stick anyway. The owner's name was Grog and she tried to knife me, and I only got away because I said I was with you guys, and then she still wanted me to buy a beer." Strata said, sounding as if she was slightly traumatized, "Can't we go back to the bride of Frankenstallion's place so we don't have to be here?"
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-08-22 at 03:22 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147

"Alright, so that place was locked, but I got a lamprey on a stick anyway. The owner's name was Grog and she tried to knife me, and I only got away because I said I was with you guys, and then she still wanted me to buy a beer." Strata said, sounding as if she was slightly traumatized, "Can't we go back to the bride Frankenstallion's place so we don't have to be here?"
    "Well, that is the planned destination, but we're still waiting on two pegasi and a ninja to return from church," Doc answers, glancing over on the direction of the church with a concerned expression. "Dunno what's taking them so long. Hopefully they ain't caught."

He eyes the lamprey on a stick and raises an eyebrow. "Are those any good?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Moonshadow scrabbled, trying to pull her head from the floor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength (1d10)[10] vs 3
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, that is the planned destination, but we're still waiting on two pegasi and a ninja to return from church," Doc answers, glancing over on the direction of the church with a concerned expression. "Dunno what's taking them so long. Hopefully they ain't caught."
    "Meh, they need to break a leg or something." Strata replied, turning slightly to Doc and raising a eyebrow, "What's the worst thing that could happen? Two of them have guns and the other doesn't need guns."

He eyes the lamprey on a stick and raises an eyebrow. "Are those any good?"[/QUOTE]

"No." Mirror said, "It is burnt sour fish jelly."

Moonshadow scrabbled, trying to pull her head from the floor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength (2d20+38)[53] vs 3
    Moonshadow managed to switch positions; unfortunately, that was facilitated by managing to flip herself over while her leg remaining exactly where it was before. There was a snapping sound that wasn't quite covered up by the tuba solo playing at the moment, and a rather great amount of pain centered in her knee, which was now currently bending at exactly the wrong way at roughly a ninety degree angle. Staring up at the ceiling of the church, mind suddenly hazy with a rather obscene amount of pain and brass band filling the air with a accompaniment to her misery, the image of a six red dots suddenly coming up on her Pipbuck's minimap could have almost passed her notice.

[Moonshadow takes (2d20+38)[53] damage to her right foreleg.]

30. - Top - End - #150

"Meh, they need to break a leg or something." Strata replied, turning slightly to Doc and raising a eyebrow, "What's the worst thing that could happen? Two of them have guns and the other doesn't need guns."
    "What's the worst that could happen? That they loot Shade's church and set the pulpit on fire," Doc answers without needing any time at all to imagine such a bleak outcome. "Hmm... I recall Andante mentioning a small family living within her church. So, maybe worse than arson is they get into a fight and someone is shot dead. Hmph, should of asked V what her intentions were so I'd know what to expect. Any return messages, Choro?"

"No." Mirror said, "It is burnt sour fish jelly."
    Doc wrinkled his nose at that description. "Doesn't sound appetizing. What did you eat for the week you were here?."
    Digo Dragon - Artist