Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

Viridia tried to help Moonshadow out.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Strength? (1d10)[5] vs 5
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2018-08-23 at 12:43 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "What's the worst that could happen? That they loot Shade's church and set the pulpit on fire," Doc answers without needing any time at all to imagine such a bleak outcome. "Hmm... I recall Andante mentioning a small family living within her church. So, maybe worse than arson is they get into a fight and someone is shot dead. Hmph, should of asked V what her intentions were so I'd know what to expect. Any return messages, Choro?"
    As Doc spoke, Strata's frazzled self turned away from him, and, like a snake noticing a baby bunny, seemed to recognize the sight of a unattended cocktail glass.

Doc wrinkled his nose at that description. "Doesn't sound appetizing. What did you eat for the week you were here?."
    "Only that." Mirror said, nodding once, "I did not eat the Olive's food but for a orange."

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    Viridia tried to help Moonshadow out.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Strength? [roll0] vs 5
    With a good, sharp tug, Moonshadow managed to heave a slightly bent Moonshadow out from the floor, and as she did so the old song had managed to finish and a new one started to play. Quite suddenly, Viridia felt the vaguest inkling that somewhere, out there, somepony was laughing at poor Moonshadow's expense and wasn't going to stop for a while.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-08-23 at 07:38 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    As Doc spoke, Strata's frazzled self turned away from him, and, like a snake noticing a baby bunny, seemed to recognize the sight of a unattended cocktail glass.
    "Ask Stellar, it's hers and she's saving a bit for Moonshadow," Doc politely warns.

"Only that." Mirror said, nodding once, "I did not eat the Olive's food but for a orange."
    "Oh an orange? Those are rare to get back home. Well then, we'll have find some decent food in Last Stop. I do have this if you want." Doc sits by Mirror and pulls out a ripe apple. He offers it to her. "A staple of old Equestria."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Moonshadow bit her lip so hard that it bled to prevent herself from yelping in pain. Finally free from the floor, she shuts off her Pipbuck.

We've got to go. Hostiles incoming. she hissed through gritted teeth as she started hovering to relieve the weight on her wounded leg.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #155

"Okay. Lemme know if you need a hoof." Viridia said, then started to leave.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ask Stellar, it's hers and she's saving a bit for Moonshadow," Doc politely warns.
    Strata looked at Doc as if he had simply told her no, and walked up to the raised back end of the bus and settled down on the rightmost bed in there, the one previously occupied by Strawberry Surprise, going by the odd stains and the previous presence of drug paraphernalia.

"Oh an orange? Those are rare to get back home. Well then, we'll have find some decent food in Last Stop. I do have this if you want." Doc sits by Mirror and pulls out a ripe apple. He offers it to her. "A staple of old Equestria."
    Mirror's eyes lit up... with apparent fear? No, actually, that was just alarm. Quickly, however, she seemed to calm down, and she nodded her head and took the apple. She gave it a tentative bite, and she nodded in approval.

"Thank you." Mirror said, using her magic to slowly strip the ruby-red skin off the fruit in question in thin ribbons, exposing raw yellow flesh to the air, "It is good. What food do you have in your home? My home has few fruits, but many are brought from distant lands."

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Moonshadow bit her lip so hard that it bled to prevent herself from yelping in pain. Finally free from the floor, she shuts off her Pipbuck.
    As that cursed song was silenced, there was one question that would probably come to Moonshadow, as she exited the building; what the heck was a hand, and why would somepony hold it?

We've got to go. Hostiles incoming. she hissed through gritted teeth as she started hovering to relieve the weight on her wounded leg.
    As Moonshadow left the building, the red dots did not seem to be in pursuit and she was able to make it out the front doors easily enough without causing too much noise. The sudden blast of cold air was decidedly unpleasant, but she was now exposed to the blessed sky again and was in a place where everything made sense. There was no sign of Fan Knife anywhere, not even the slightest tracks.

"Okay. Lemme know if you need a hoof." Viridia said, then started to leave.
    The sound of the lake was genuinely the only sound of note, following a steady rhythm that was somehow in sync with the light snowfall that was still occurring. In town, Abbas, the horse who had a plan to rule the city, apparently couldn't really follow a timetable and the griffons looked like they were just now preparing to fully lift off while their boss was finishing up his second tea or eating a pound of hummus whatever horses did around midnight. There was no signs of her companions, which was probably a good thing, given that if they were doing something, she'd need to find another spooky place to break into. Looking out at the lake, that giant warship out in the bay was really the only thing visible, it's mountainous, snow-capped bulk highlighted by the faintest, repressed emerald light that came from that one weird national monument that was still standing. It sort of said something that the heart of this city was a cancer-causing useless pointy thing that somehow managed to stand in the face of logic and reason, didn't it?
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-08-24 at 04:50 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157

Mirror's eyes lit up... with apparent fear? No, actually, that was just alarm. Quickly, however, she seemed to calm down, and she nodded her head and took the apple. She gave it a tentative bite, and she nodded in approval.

"Thank you." Mirror said, using her magic to slowly strip the ruby-red skin off the fruit in question in thin ribbons, exposing raw yellow flesh to the air, "It is good. What food do you have in your home? My home has few fruits, but many are brought from distant lands."
    Doc thinks back to home for a moment. "We have a few apple trees, and in addition we grow a lot of root-type vegetables; carrots, beets, and potatoes. Then there's the insects we farm for food. We make a paste out of them with whatever spices we can get from neighboring farms so they don't taste bland like mud. Not the greatest, but probably better than eel-on-a-stick."

"There's a neighboring farm that sells mangoes. Those are really good, but they're quite expensive and the farmer guards them well. We've had foals almost shot when they thought they could steal one." Memories of home make Doc smile.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

As Moonshadow left the building, the red dots did not seem to be in pursuit and she was able to make it out the front doors easily enough without causing too much noise. The sudden blast of cold air was decidedly unpleasant, but she was now exposed to the blessed sky again and was in a place where everything made sense. There was no sign of Fan Knife anywhere, not even the slightest tracks.
    Oh, damn it Fan Knife, Moonshadow sighed. Well, hopefully she'll show up at the van. I'm sick of looking for ponies, and I really want to just get some sleep.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc thinks back to home for a moment. "We have a few apple trees, and in addition we grow a lot of root-type vegetables; carrots, beets, and potatoes. Then there's the insects we farm for food. We make a paste out of them with whatever spices we can get from neighboring farms so they don't taste bland like mud. Not the greatest, but probably better than eel-on-a-stick."
    Mirror's nose wrinkled slightly at the mentioning of insects, just a tad.

"There's a neighboring farm that sells mangoes. Those are really good, but they're quite expensive and the farmer guards them well. We've had foals almost shot when they thought they could steal one." Memories of home make Doc smile.
    Nodding, Mirror smiled as Doc smiled. "When it is warm, berries are everywhere. The warm season is short, but blue berries and black berries can be made in to preserves. There are also long grasses and sheep." Mirror said, holding up the half-peeled apple as she did so, "But this fruit can not grow in my home, it is too cold. There is a place called Avalon, it is famous for this fruit and it is very pretty, but it is very dangerous. If we went there, we would die."

Oh, damn it Fan Knife, Moonshadow sighed. Well, hopefully she'll show up at the van. I'm sick of looking for ponies, and I really want to just get some sleep.
    A quick glance to her right indicated that, yep, the Olives were still parked where she last saw them. Well, at least those ones were all a greenish color and knew when to have a normal sleep schedule, even if Viridia would hope they'd all catch some bug off Thanatos and choke to death on their own vomit.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-08-25 at 05:47 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160

Nodding, Mirror smiled as Doc smiled. "When it is warm, berries are everywhere. The warm season is short, but blue berries and black berries can be made in to preserves. There are also long grasses and sheep." Mirror said, holding up the half-peeled apple as she did so, "But this fruit can not grow in my home, it is too cold. There is a place called Avalon, it is famous for this fruit and it is very pretty, but it is very dangerous. If we went there, we would die."
    "Berries as preserves... that sounds good. Though what makes Avalon so dangerous, if you don't mind me asking?" Doc inquires.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

A quick glance to her right indicated that, yep, the Olives were still parked where she last saw them. Well, at least those ones were all a greenish color and knew when to have a normal sleep schedule, even if Viridia would hope they'd all catch some bug off Thanatos and choke to death on their own vomit.
    Cool. Moonshadow didn't care all that much. But good to know. She kept heading towards the bus.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

"Can ghouls even get drunk?" Stellar asks curiously. "I mean, your hearts don't beat so how does the ethanol even get to your brains?"

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

"Berries as preserves... that sounds good. Though what makes Avalon so dangerous, if you don't mind me asking?" Doc inquires.
    Mirror seemed to have to think about the question for some time.

"It is full of fairies. They emerged from ruins after all but Everfrost was destroyed." Mirror replied, sounding very grave. "They eat unicorns, some times they heal them, some times they steal foals from cribs, some times they save them, some times they wear pony hides and hunt travelers, and some times they throw feasts. They feel the same if they are hurting or helping ponies and have no reason in their minds. Death and life is same to them."

Cool. Moonshadow didn't care all that much. But good to know. She kept heading towards the bus.
    Exiting Oakville and making that right showed that, yes, Stellar hadn't managed to lift the bus up by herself. The sharp pain in her knee was still there and it was already getting pretty swollen.

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    "Can ghouls even get drunk?" Stellar asks curiously. "I mean, your hearts don't beat so how does the ethanol even get to your brains?"
    "You know, it's funny you asked that, I had the same fear." Strata replied, not moving from her spot on the floor by pointing at Stellar with a hoof, as if to make sure Stellar knew that she thought she had a point, "I have no clue, but I guess those self-help books were right and addiction really is a spiritual thing."

14. - Top - End - #164

Mirror seemed to have to think about the question for some time.

"It is full of fairies. They emerged from ruins after all but Everfrost was destroyed." Mirror replied, sounding very grave. "They eat unicorns, some times they heal them, some times they steal foals from cribs, some times they save them, some times they wear pony hides and hunt travelers, and some times they throw feasts. They feel the same if they are hurting or helping ponies and have no reason in their minds. Death and life is same to them."
    "That does sound frightening. Fairies that could eat you just as readily as help you," Doc replies. He thinks for a moment, then says, "Do you remember the bar owner here, Andante? Turns out she wasn't actually a pony. She's a breezie. A little critter about this big with butterfly wings and long antennae. Kinda like a tiny pony. Dunno if that sounds similar to fairies in Avalon, but thought it might be relevant. Luckily, Andante doesn't seem interested in eating any of us. She's still that critical bar-owning mare in either form. Guess she'll be happy to know that Livewire didn't blow it up like Andante asked her."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2018-08-27 at 07:08 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

"You know, it's funny you asked that, I had the same fear." Strata replied, not moving from her spot on the floor by pointing at Stellar with a hoof, as if to make sure Stellar knew that she thought she had a point, "I have no clue, but I guess those self-help books were right and addiction really is a spiritual thing."
    "I don't know about that." Choro potters over, uninvited but happy to participate as ever. "It's just something you're used to doing. Something you remember enjoying. That doesn't make you an addict, on a physical or spiritual level. Just somepony who knows what she likes, right?" She looks between Strata and Stellar, a bit less sure of if what she'd said had made any sense. It just... felt right.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

"That does sound frightening. Fairies that could eat you just as readily as help you," Doc replies. He thinks for a moment, then says, "Do you remember the bar owner here, Andante? Turns out she wasn't actually a pony. She's a breezie. A little critter about this big with butterfly wings and long antennae. Kinda like a tiny pony. Dunno if that sounds similar to fairies in Avalon, but thought it might be relevant. Luckily, Andante doesn't seem interested in eating any of us. She's still that critical bar-owning mare in either form. Guess she'll be happy to know that Livewire didn't blow it up like Andante asked her."
    Mirror all but visably deflated at Doc's words, and instead of looking frightened, she simply rubbed her forehead with a hoof and looked irritated in some abstract way.

"The fairies are not pixies, and are tall and thin." Mirror said, sounding deadly serious, her nose wrinkled, and her eyes slightly narrowed, making it as if she was holding back a sneeze or something, "They have horns, but like deer. When they appear to be like ponies, they wear suits of skin with seams at the point of shoulder."

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    "I don't know about that." Choro potters over, uninvited but happy to participate as ever. "It's just something you're used to doing. Something you remember enjoying. That doesn't make you an addict, on a physical or spiritual level. Just somepony who knows what she likes, right?" She looks between Strata and Stellar, a bit less sure of if what she'd said had made any sense. It just... felt right.
    "I dunno, that's what happens when a ghoul goes nutso, right? Like that stallion you guys shot at my door. He hadn't eaten or slept or done anything for about a hundred years, and there wasn't much left in him by the time you guys took him out, but I was taking the sort of pills that calcified frontal lobes at the same time and I have all my wits." Strata said, sounding rather tired.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Moonshadow flapped over to Doc and hovered near him. Hey everypony. I found Virida and Fan Knife, but I also managed to hurt my leg in a really stupid way.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

18. - Top - End - #168

Mirror all but visably deflated at Doc's words, and instead of looking frightened, she simply rubbed her forehead with a hoof and looked irritated in some abstract way.

"The fairies are not pixies, and are tall and thin." Mirror said, sounding deadly serious, her nose wrinkled, and her eyes slightly narrowed, making it as if she was holding back a sneeze or something, "They have horns, but like deer. When they appear to be like ponies, they wear suits of skin with seams at the point of shoulder."
    Doc listens to the description and considers how nightmarish that would look. "Thin and they wear pony skins... hmm, never seen anything like that." Well, maybe he did if Stitchheart counts, but she was wearing her own grown skin, not the skin of some pony flayed for it. So that probably doesn't count.

"Round here I reckon we have more mundane dangers. Probably not as interesting.... well, not counting ponies like Special Snowflake that is. That was a rare thing." Doc pulls out his cozy blanket for Mirror to use tonight. "In the morning we can buy you some gear at the stores. I have this spare suit of security armor, but maybe you have something better in mind. You were getting combat training by Tirkes at Sunnyside if I remember. I'm sure you know best what you'd prefer to wear. Weapons too."

Moonshadow flapped over to Doc and hovered near him. Hey everypony. I found Virida and Fan Knife, but I also managed to hurt my leg in a really stupid way.
    Doc looks up at the returned pegasus. "Ah, good to see you're back. You managed to...? Ouch, that does look bad. Alright, let me break out the kit and see what I can do."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2018-08-27 at 09:40 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #169

"I am also here." Viridia said, following Moonshadow. "I got new armor. It gives me plus one sexiness."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks, Moonshadow said, landing gingerly and holding her wounded leg out to be inspected.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Stellar pouts, annoyed by a thing defying the rational sciences and tipsy enough that she forgets to hide her dissatisfaction.

She perks up when she sees Moonshadow and Viridia though. "Hey guys! I saved you some!" she calls happily, raising the oversized cocktail glass. Possibly the only way she could *not* have saved some would have been by knocking the glass over, the horse-sized vessel being easily large enough to get quite a few ponies paralytic, but Stellar appears well-pleased with her restraint in any case.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc listens to the description and considers how nightmarish that would look. "Thin and they wear pony skins... hmm, never seen anything like that." Well, maybe he did if Stitchheart counts, but she was wearing her own grown skin, not the skin of some pony flayed for it. So that probably doesn't count.

"Round here I reckon we have more mundane dangers. Probably not as interesting.... well, not counting ponies like Special Snowflake that is. That was a rare thing." Doc pulls out his cozy blanket for Mirror to use tonight.
    Mirror, clearly appreciating the blanket, placed it over her back with magic.

"In the morning we can buy you some gear at the stores. I have this spare suit of security armor, but maybe you have something better in mind. You were getting combat training by Tirkes at Sunnyside if I remember. I'm sure you know best what you'd prefer to wear. Weapons too."
    "I would like leathers with fur, with a set of plate if there is a smith," Mirror immediately replied, her eyes lighting up, as if the question caught her off guard. "and I would like a knife, a sword, and a axe. If there are polearms here, I would like one as well for reserve."

"I am also here." Viridia said, following Moonshadow. "I got new armor. It gives me plus one sexiness."
    Viridia saw that Mirror Armor turned her head away from Doc after the stallion noticed that Moonshadow was down to three and a half legs and started focusing in on her with a rather intense expression of want.

Wait, no, that was different than usual; huh, so that was what actual greed being directed at her was like. The unicorn looked at Viridia like she had just seen her for the first time and wanted to know her better, and was possibly open to a handmaiden-feudal lord relationship if she got a crown. Honestly, it was like Viridia was a model on a runway and Mirror was one of the ponies actually looking at the dress instead of the model and was starting to do the mental calculations to suddenly start caring about what ponies she knew wore.

Doc looks up at the returned pegasus. "Ah, good to see you're back. You managed to...? Ouch, that does look bad. Alright, let me break out the kit and see what I can do."
    Thanks, Moonshadow said, landing gingerly and holding her wounded leg out to be inspected.
    The good news; it wasn't broken! It was just a filly's breath away from being so, though, so, with a very slow adjustment and a quick healing potion, the pain in Moonshadow's leg entirely vanished and it wasn't stuck in a funny direction, either.

Stellar pouts, annoyed by a thing defying the rational sciences and tipsy enough that she forgets to hide her dissatisfaction. She perks up when she sees Moonshadow and Viridia though. "Hey guys! I saved you some!" she calls happily, raising the oversized cocktail glass.
    [Stellar saw that Bertly sort of hovered near her, possibly intending to help catch her fall or the glass in case she needed assistance.
    Possibly the only way she could *not* have saved some would have been by knocking the glass over, the horse-sized vessel being easily large enough to get quite a few ponies paralytic, but Stellar appears well-pleased with her restraint in any case.
    Mirror motioned towards Stellar and gave her a bright, cheerful smile, her eyes looking at the cup as if she simply wanted to try it.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-08-28 at 04:57 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173

Doc repaired the damage and bandaged it up pretty well. "There, should be all better now."

Mirror, clearly appreciating the blanket, placed it over her back with magic.
    "I would like leathers with fur, with a set of plate if there is a smith," Mirror immediately replied, her eyes lighting up, as if the question caught her off guard. "and I would like a knife, a sword, and a axe. If there are polearms here, I would like one as well for reserve."
    "Ah, a blades kind of mare? I'm sure we can find something." He wasn't sure if plate was a thing still made, but Last Stop was a big town. Surely a smith there would know how to meld plates to a leather suit of armor. Fur lining was common enough too.

"Uh huh... So you went over to Shade's place and now you have new armor? I hope that was obtained legitimately."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

24. - Top - End - #174

She perks up when she sees Moonshadow and Viridia though. "Hey guys! I saved you some!" she calls happily, raising the oversized cocktail glass. Possibly the only way she could *not* have saved some would have been by knocking the glass over, the horse-sized vessel being easily large enough to get quite a few ponies paralytic, but Stellar appears well-pleased with her restraint in any case.
    "I'm good, thanks." Viridia nonetheless smiled at Stellar, because it was nice to be back with the group.

Wait, no, that was different than usual; huh, so that was what actual greed being directed at her was like. The unicorn looked at Viridia like she had just seen her for the first time and wanted to know her better, and was possibly open to a handmaiden-feudal lord relationship if she got a crown. Honestly, it was like Viridia was a model on a runway and Mirror was one of the ponies actually looking at the dress instead of the model and was starting to do the mental calculations to suddenly start caring about what ponies she knew wore.
    "...you can look, but you can't touch." Viridia told the mare. Partially because this was her armor forever now, partially because Mirror and Doc were "in love" and she wasn't into intentional cuckoldry.

"Uh huh... So you went over to Shade's place and now you have new armor? I hope that was obtained legitimately."
    "Yep. We ended up in this underground place that wasn't even part of the church, and that's where we found this and a bunch of crystals." Viridia nodded. "I figure we can sell most of it for group crap, but I got some samples for magic examination and stuff."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Stellar happily motions for Mirror to try some of her drink. Then she turns back to Viridia and Moonshadow.

"I suppose one of us had to be designated driver," Stellar replies to Viridia.

"Did Moonshadow tell you about the show we put on to distract the griffons who would have caught us sneaking in? I was all whoosh!" she sweeps with her wing feathers as though they were tiny pegasi.

"And then I was all twirl!" she pirrouettes slightly wobbly-ly.

"And Moonie was all sculpt! And then I went pow!" She air-punches.

"And then I strutted like th-" Stellar's reenactment comes to an abrupt end as she struts sideways into one of the bus's benches, landing in a tangled heap of limbs on top of it. She raises a feather undeterred "Except, like, 120% cooler! And it totally worked!"

She disentangles herself awkwardly, until she resting her head on her wings on the bench in front. "And I don't think you saw the next bit Moonie, but I totally charmed Abaas's hot griffon captain and he gave me a cocktail." She raises a feather to point at Mirror and the oversize drink.

"I think it was meant for Abbas or something. Heh. Sucker didn't stand a chance." she boasts, but then her smirk turns dreamy.

"Did you know griffons were hot?" She asks airily. "I didn't know griffons were hot."
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2018-08-28 at 09:58 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176

"Did you know griffons were hot?" She asks airily. "I didn't know griffons were hot."
    Viridia stared at Stellar through the entirety of her rather unique description of events, taking in all of the drunken ramblings in the way that people tend to: By not really listening. But one comment caught her attention.

"You still don't, 'cause they aren't."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

"I dunno, that's what happens when a ghoul goes nutso, right? Like that stallion you guys shot at my door. He hadn't eaten or slept or done anything for about a hundred years, and there wasn't much left in him by the time you guys took him out, but I was taking the sort of pills that calcified frontal lobes at the same time and I have all my wits." Strata said, sounding rather tired.
    "Uh huh."

The topic of the second ghoul has left Choro looking rather glum. She hadn't forgotten but it still felt like something to feel guilt around. The Professor's one friend from all those years wasn't around anymore. The little mare just sat there in a kind of awkward silence for a while. She ought to say something.

Well, if they need a change of topic, she has one in mind. Choro coughs, "Professor, if you don't mind. I wanted to ask you about the Guild." The little mare raises a hoof. "I know you don't know much more about them than I do. But I'd value your perspective as an unbiased observer. If that's not too much trouble. I can share whatever I know."

"Welcome back!" Choro waves at the incoming party, looking a touch concerned as Moonshadow moves over to Doc. What'd happened there? Still, it didn't look too bad... She glances at Viridia more on impulse than anything. New shiny armor. One look is enough. Choro turns away back to Strata.

The little wizard's ears perk up at that. She doesn't interject, but she makes a mental note to talk to Ms. Mirror about the matter later. No sense in being rude and interrupting.

28. - Top - End - #178

[COLOR="#696969"]"Yep. We ended up in this underground place that wasn't even part of the church, and that's where we found this and a bunch of crystals." Viridia nodded. "I figure we can sell most of it for group crap, but I got some samples for magic examination and stuff."
    In the back of his mind, Doc is a little skeptical about such a find. Seems too good to be true that they'd just stumble upon this find now before any residents had. However, he's not a prosecutor with evidence, so maybe it's none of his damn business. "As long as it ain't cursed. Crystals can hold bits of old magic in them, so you probably want it checked just to be safe."

He keeps his opinions on griffon hawtness to himself. More power to Stellar if she found a cute one.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, a blades kind of mare? I'm sure we can find something." He wasn't sure if plate was a thing still made, but Last Stop was a big town. Surely a smith there would know how to meld plates to a leather suit of armor. Fur lining was common enough too.
    Mirror nodded in response.

"I'm good, thanks." Viridia nonetheless smiled at Stellar, because it was nice to be back with the group.

"...you can look, but you can't touch." Viridia told the mare. Partially because this was her armor forever now, partially because Mirror and Doc were "in love" and she wasn't into intentional cuckoldry.
    Mirror's horrible greedy unicorn self seemed to take that literally, and she daintily stepped away from her fiance and towards her, clearly intent on viewing the armor up close.

"Yep. We ended up in this underground place that wasn't even part of the church, and that's where we found this and a bunch of crystals." Viridia nodded. "I figure we can sell most of it for group crap, but I got some samples for magic examination and stuff."[/QUOTE]

Stellar happily motions for Mirror to try some of her drink.
    Mirror hovers the glass over towards her head, and takes a experimental sip. Her eyes basically lit up like someone was shining a flashlight from behind them.

"I suppose one of us had to be designated driver," Stellar replies to Viridia.
    Bertly made a sound that possibly indicated that the robot was happy that everyone was doing their best to follow the law.

"Did Moonshadow tell you about the show we put on to distract the griffons who would have caught us sneaking in? I was all whoosh!" she sweeps with her wing feathers as though they were tiny pegasi.

"And then I was all twirl!" she pirrouettes slightly wobbly-ly.

"And Moonie was all sculpt! And then I went pow!" She air-punches.

"And then I strutted like th-" Stellar's reenactment comes to an abrupt end as she struts sideways into one of the bus's benches, landing in a tangled heap of limbs on top of it. She raises a feather undeterred "Except, like, 120% cooler! And it totally worked!"

She disentangles herself awkwardly, until she resting her head on her wings on the bench in front. "And I don't think you saw the next bit Moonie, but I totally charmed Abaas's hot griffon captain and he gave me a cocktail." She raises a feather to point at Mirror and the oversize drink.

"I think it was meant for Abbas or something. Heh. Sucker didn't stand a chance." she boasts, but then her smirk turns dreamy.

Mirror seemed to follow Stellar's story intently until Stellar came to the last part, and immediately reared her head back and stared at the pegasus in apparent alarm, as if the concept of a 'hot griffon' had never crossed her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    Well, if they need a change of topic, she has one in mind. Choro coughs, "Professor, if you don't mind. I wanted to ask you about the Guild." The little mare raises a hoof. "I know you don't know much more about them than I do. But I'd value your perspective as an unbiased observer. If that's not too much trouble. I can share whatever I know."
    Strata, appearing to be somewhat invested in watching Stellar stumble around drunkenly, uncurled herself from the floor and stood up on her haunches, looking tired but coming around. She raised a eyebrow.

"I really don't know squat about'em." she replied, "Can you give me the run down on what they are, again? Wizards, right?"

30. - Top - End - #180

In the back of his mind, Doc is a little skeptical about such a find. Seems too good to be true that they'd just stumble upon this find now before any residents had. However, he's not a prosecutor with evidence, so maybe it's none of his damn business. "As long as it ain't cursed. Crystals can hold bits of old magic in them, so you probably want it checked just to be safe."
    "STRATA! I need some magic done! Please thanks!" Viridia called out.