The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 857
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Hazuki's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    "I'm sorry, Cabbagetown?" Strata asked, snapping out of her funk and sounding sounding incredulous, "I know it has food and the robots got sent there, but I don't know why it's important enough to use those robots. Look, I know I just woke up a few days ago, but there's a whole lot of nothing around here, so why are we not using that robot army and, I don't know, just walk into the biggest town with our army of robots and declare ourselves their overlords instead of using that robot army to fix up a place named after the worst vegetable? I mean," she sniffed dramatically, "that's what'd I'd do in a post apocalyptic wasteland with a robot army, I just hope you guys get that. We'd just need to come up with some pseudonyms to hide our pasts and shove a bunch of money at Stitchheart so we could all live forever until we wouldn't want to, and we'd be golden. I bet I could get Viridia and that food robot in on this."
    "Ahahahahaha!" Viridia laughed sardonically, as she grabbed whatever food was in her packs. "No. For so many reasons."
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2018-09-15 at 07:58 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    "Morning, Bertly. Seems the weather is better today," Doc greets back. Upon seeing Strata stalk the coffee maker like a cat, he cleans a mug from the bundle of office junk in his inventory. Doc pours some coffee and offers it to Strata.

    He then returns to cooking for the cuties and magic roaches.

    "I gotta agree with Viridia," Doc comments on Strata's idea. "If you take over a town with a robot army, you'd make enemies of the residents. Then the robots are gonna need a lot of maintenance and repairs after all the fighting, so you gotta find several mechanics to entrust that job to. But the fighting doesn't end there, cause then neighboring towns are gonna attack you as a threat, so you're constantly fighting to defend your territory. I dunno, seems like if you could convince a town to join you by their own choice rather than force you'd be in a better long-term position."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    "I'm sorry, Cabbagetown?" Strata asked, snapping out of her funk and sounding sounding incredulous, "I know it has food and the robots got sent there, but I don't know why it's important enough to use those robots. Look, I know I just woke up a few days ago, but there's a whole lot of nothing around here, so why are we not using that robot army and, I don't know, just walk into the biggest town with our army of robots and declare ourselves their overlords instead of using that robot army to fix up a place named after the worst vegetable? I mean," she sniffed dramatically, "that's what'd I'd do in a post apocalyptic wasteland with a robot army, I just hope you guys get that. We'd just need to come up with some pseudonyms to hide our pasts and shove a bunch of money at Stitchheart so we could all live forever until we wouldn't want to, and we'd be golden. I bet I could get Viridia and that food robot in on this."
    Because it has food and it's empty. As far as I know the biggest source of food in Tauronto is the Olives and many towns, including Oakville are dependent on them for survival. I'd rather the town be truly independent, plus we can also sell the food because literally everypony need food.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

    I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

    Procrastination: MLP



    Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.



  4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    "Ahahahahaha!" Viridia laughed sardonically, as she grabbed whatever food was in her packs. "No. For so many reasons."
    Strata gave Viridia a frowny face in response, but turned back towards the burnt dried bean water that was all the rage two centuries ago that Doc was making.

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Morning, Bertly. Seems the weather is better today," Doc greets back.
    "Good morning, Doctor Wagon." the robot replied, giving Doc a wave and rising from his resting position, "I shall walk the dog."

    With that, the robot hovered outside, taking Strata's eel-on-a-stick with him, and the dog followed him out accordingly.

    Upon seeing Strata stalk the coffee maker like a cat, he cleans a mug from the bundle of office junk in his inventory. Doc pours some coffee and offers it to Strata.
    Strata gave the coffee a experimental sniff, and started sipping it without any fanfare. Steam rose from the mug.

    He then returns to cooking for the cuties and magic roaches.
    At the sound of the dog exiting the bus, the six adult cuties that were awake peeked out from their crate and greeted Doc with a great 'Hewow daddah!' that was sufficiently obnoxious enough to shake the last vestiges of sleep from anyone on the bus who were still trying to ignore reality, except for Madeleine, who continued to lay completely still.

    "I gotta agree with Viridia," Doc comments on Strata's idea. "If you take over a town with a robot army, you'd make enemies of the residents. Then the robots are gonna need a lot of maintenance and repairs after all the fighting, so you gotta find several mechanics to entrust that job to. But the fighting doesn't end there, cause then neighboring towns are gonna attack you as a threat, so you're constantly fighting to defend your territory. I dunno, seems like if you could convince a town to join you by their own choice rather than force you'd be in a better long-term position."
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Because it has food and it's empty. As far as I know the biggest source of food in Tauronto is the Olives and many towns, including Oakville are dependent on them for survival. I'd rather the town be truly independent, plus we can also sell the food because literally everypony need food.
    Strata shook her head and flashed a smile, as if her suggestion was just something minor and she didn't feel too much from the firm 'no's she was getting.

    "Alright, but if the Olives have a monopoly on food and they're bad, why wouldn't they do everything they could to sabotage you guys setting up place to make food? I mean, back in my day they went from running a food truck to getting contracts from Stable-Tec, so even if they just considered you another business I'd think they wouldn't be too unfamiliar with corporate sabotage. If the robots are only going to degrade and we don't have the resources to maintain all of them anyway, why couldn't you just use them as a hammer and take what the Olive's have so it can be used better? Why start small scale when we have large scale tools?"

    Strata finished by waving her right leg, coffee in hoof, in the general direction of Dazzler.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-09-16 at 02:59 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    "Using the robot army to fight the Olives directly seems more agreeable to me than using them to take over a local town," Doc says. He pours himself some coffee. After a test sip, Doc gives the cuties their food and water.

    "Hello little cuties," he says.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    Strata waved the two off, as if her suggestion was just something minor and she didn't feel too much from the firm 'no's she was getting.

    "Alright, but if the Olives have a monopoly on food and they're bad, why wouldn't they do everything they could to sabotage you guys setting up place to make food? I mean, back in my day they went from running a food truck to getting contracts from Stable-Tec, so even if they just considered you another business I'd think they wouldn't be too unfamiliar with corporate sabotage. If the robots are only going to degrade and we don't have the resources to maintain all of them anyway, why couldn't you just use them as a hammer and take what the Olive's have so you could have a independent region instead of a little town?"
    What makes you think they aren't going to? Moonshadow asked, grinning. She ignored the Cuties completely. For the degrading part, it's why I've been looking around for some trustworthy ponies to help with maintenance. But as for why don't we just go full out warmode on the Olives, it's because I don't know if we could win. I don't even know where they are all located or how popular they are in areas they control. All I know is that they are a powerful faction in Tauronto. So I'm not going to pick a fight unless I find that out, or I have to. She said seriously.

    Besides, war and conquest are complex things. They aren't something you just do on a whim. It's one thing to say 'hey let's go conquer the Olives with our invincible robot army' but then you face the reality of stuff like what will we do with prisoners? How will we feed everypony when our workforce is also our military? What will we do with dissidents? And so on and so forth.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

    I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

    Procrastination: MLP



    Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.



  7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Using the robot army to fight the Olives directly seems more agreeable to me than using them to take over a local town," Doc says. He pours himself some coffee. After a test sip, Doc gives the cuties their food and water.
    Strata didn't directly respond, but sipped at her coffee the same time Doc did.

    "Hello little cuties," he says.
    Doc got a chaotic reception after the three dozen cuties that were still asleep started to wake up with some cutesy, almost synchronised yawning, and which followed by a small, high pitched chorus of needy, hungry little puffball pony things.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    What makes you think they aren't going to? Moonshadow asked, grinning. She ignored the Cuties completely. For the degrading part, it's why I've been looking around for some trustworthy ponies to help with maintenance. But as for why don't we just go full out warmode on the Olives, it's because I don't know if we could win. I don't even know where they are all located or how popular they are in areas they control. All I know is that they are a powerful faction in Tauronto. So I'm not going to pick a fight unless I find that out, or I have to. She said seriously.

    Besides, war and conquest are complex things. They aren't something you just do on a whim. It's one thing to say 'hey let's go conquer the Olives with our invincible robot army' but then you face the reality of stuff like what will we do with prisoners? How will we feed everypony when our workforce is also our military? What will we do with dissidents? And so on and so forth.
    Strata was smiling by the time Moonshadow had finished.

    "See, that's the thing, I didn't know how you guys were going to deal with it. No one over in that little town was drinking blood from a skull cup or was getting stabbed for oil to fuel those boats or anything, so if that's what normal looks like around here I guess my estimates for how bad everything is was way off. Anyway, if the problem is that we don't know enough about the enemy and not that we don't have the tools and weapons to act one what we know, I'd say that's a good situation."

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    Doc got a chaotic reception after the three dozen cuties that were still asleep started to wake up with some cutesy, almost synchronised yawning, and which followed by a small, high pitched chorus of needy, hungry little puffball pony things.
    "I reckon our situation isn't bad," Doc whispers, basically agreeing that the party is in a pretty good spot right now.

    He distributes the food around so that the cuties all get something to eat, then Doc sits back near Mirror to finish enjoying his coffee. He nudges Mirror's plate of food close to her, and pours her a cup of coffee. ...hmm, Doc actually doesn't know if Mirror drinks coffee. Well, no time like the present to find out.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Hazuki's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    "Why are you going so warlord-y all of a sudden?" Viridia asked Strata. "I mean, you did tell me to test the magic on my sword by killing something, but I didn't expect plots."

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    "Also AIs are people and we shouldn't just command them because we can," Stellar puts in, pouring herself a mug of coffee and appearing no worse for wear the morning after.

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    He distributes the food around so that the cuties all get something to eat, then Doc sits back near Mirror to finish enjoying his coffee.
    The cuties sounded like they were saying 'nom nom' as they chewed at their canned stewed veggies with vigor.

    He nudges Mirror's plate of food close to her, and pours her a cup of coffee. ...hmm, Doc actually doesn't know if Mirror drinks coffee. Well, no time like the present to find out.
    Mirror stared at the coffee like Doc had just served her a cup full of black tar. She nibbled at her hundred-and-seventy-year-old mandarin oranges with clear appreciation, but she glanced briefly outside, as if she was considering just drinking icewater instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    "Why are you going so warlord-y all of a sudden?" Viridia asked Strata. "I mean, you did tell me to test the magic on my sword by killing something, but I didn't expect plots."
    Strata seemed mildly surprised at Viridia's words, and she shook her head and took another sip of her coffee.

    "Hey, hey, hold up the phone and put it on hold, I wouldn't say anything if I didn't think you guys were the good guys." Strata replied, motioning towards Viridia as if to indicate she was willing to back off from the subject, but still attempted to sound stern, "I mean, I'd trust you guys more with a giant robot army then most of the ponies I knew when I was alive. At some point, though, you're probably going to move on from beating giant monsters to fighting evil ponies, that's the usual progression for this sort of thing."

    Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    "Also AIs are people and we shouldn't just command them because we can," Stellar puts in, pouring herself a mug of coffee and appearing no worse for wear the morning after.
    Strata looked at Stellar, and shook her head.

    "Eh, if they're people, then they're people built by ponies to be used by ponies." the ghoul eventually replied, "If you left those two big ones outside on idle, do you think they'd move a inch if nopony told them to do anything?"

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    Mirror stared at the coffee like Doc had just served her a cup full of black tar. She nibbled at her hundred-and-seventy-year-old mandarin oranges with clear appreciation, but she glanced briefly outside, as if she was considering just drinking icewater instead.
    "Ah, so you're not a fan of coffee. I can understand, it's a bitter taste." He pulls out a bottle of fresh water for Mirror instead. "Maybe if I could find you some sugar and milk... oh, better yet, whiskey and cream. That's a fun drink for a cold night."

    Doc mentally updates his shopping list in case he can find a Brahman farmer for the milk. And to stock up on more fresh food. Maybe a mix of old and new will be more palatable for her?


    He hears the conversation nearby, but doc doesn't have anything to add at the moment. He slides Mirror's declined cup of coffee to Choro while finishing his own.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    "Also AIs are people and we shouldn't just command them because we can," Stellar puts in, pouring herself a mug of coffee and appearing no worse for wear the morning after.
    What isn't? Moonshadow asked. I mean, I've seen a pet bird help sew a dress back home. So if you're just counting intelligence, then nearly everything is some sort of person.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

    I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

    Procrastination: MLP



    Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.



  14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Ah, so you're not a fan of coffee. I can understand, it's a bitter taste." He pulls out a bottle of fresh water for Mirror instead. "Maybe if I could find you some sugar and milk... oh, better yet, whiskey and cream. That's a fun drink for a cold night."

    Doc mentally updates his shopping list in case he can find a Brahman farmer for the milk. And to stock up on more fresh food. Maybe a mix of old and new will be more palatable for her? He hears the conversation nearby, but doc doesn't have anything to add at the moment. He slides Mirror's declined cup of coffee to Choro while finishing his own.
    "Why is every thing inside metal?" Mirror whispered over to Doc after he passed over the coffee to Choro, sounding rather confused, "This was not how Sari was. I learned what coffee was, but that was the one thing she did not allow others to have. I was allowed to try it once, and I could not rest for two days time."

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    What isn't? Moonshadow asked. I mean, I've seen a pet bird help sew a dress back home. So if you're just counting intelligence, then nearly everything is some sort of person.
    "It changed when I was alive, too, and I'd bet that if you asked all the ten most important ponies in the kingdom about what species counted as what, you'd get ten different lists." Strata replied, "Minotaurs used to be called monsters, but that got banned after some petitioned for some land to settle on, and there were things in this city that usually lived in caves and guarded treasure elsewhere. Some super speciest ponies thought donkeys were more like cows and sheep than donkeys and let them use barns for housing, too. There wasn't a standard back when there were ponies who's entire jobs were to try and come up with one, so I'd just try and play it by ear."

    Strata then took a small sip of her coffee.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-09-20 at 07:49 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    "Why is every thing inside metal?" Mirror whispered over to Doc after he passed over the coffee to Choro, sounding rather confused
    "Decades ago during the great war, food was packaged in magical cans that preserved it for a long time. They packed everything edible into cans so they could stockpile them for years," Doc explains with patience. "These days it's not uncommon to find those old stockpiles laying about old buildings. They make cheap meals, especially in the winter time when fresh food is harder to grow. Don't taste like much though."


    "This was not how Sari was. I learned what coffee was, but that was the one thing she did not allow others to have. I was allowed to try it once, and I could not rest for two days time."
    "Wow. Yeah, guess you're not used to it. Was that why Sari didn't let others drink coffee? It's rare to find coffee back home, so everyone is only allowed to have a small ration each week."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Decades ago during the great war, food was packaged in magical cans that preserved it for a long time. They packed everything edible into cans so they could stockpile them for years," Doc explains with patience. "These days it's not uncommon to find those old stockpiles laying about old buildings. They make cheap meals, especially in the winter time when fresh food is harder to grow. Don't taste like much though."
    Mirror, after Doc explained himself, nodded once.

    "I under stand, but why preserve plants and not meat or fish?" Mirror asked, "Can you not eat grass?"

    "Wow. Yeah, guess you're not used to it. Was that why Sari didn't let others drink coffee? It's rare to find coffee back home, so everyone is only allowed to have a small ration each week."
    Mirror blinked, and pointed at a mid-sized wastebasket that served as a little table when it was occupied by the other Doc and the siblings, now mostly covered by the pile of goat-stuff and supporting some knick-knacks.

    "Sari's metal cup was that big." Mirror replied, with her eyebrows raised slightly.

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Hazuki's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    "It changed when I was alive, too, and I'd bet that if you asked all the ten most important ponies in the kingdom about what species counted as what, you'd get ten different lists." Strata replied, "Minotaurs used to be called monsters, but that got banned after some petitioned for some land to settle on, and there were things in this city that usually lived in caves and guarded treasure elsewhere. Some super speciest ponies thought donkeys were more like cows and sheep than donkeys and let them use barns for housing, too. There wasn't a standard back when there were ponies who's entire jobs were to try and come up with one, so I'd just try and play it by ear."

    Strata then took a small sip of her coffee.
    "Why were people such ***** in the olden days? I thought it was meant to be all about friendship or whatever." Viridia asked.

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    Mirror, after Doc explained himself, nodded once.

    "I under stand, but why preserve plants and not meat or fish?" Mirror asked, "Can you not eat grass?"
    "Hmm, that I'm not sure the answer to. We can and do eat grass, but I guess ponies a long time ago preferred canned vegetables over canned meat and fish. I'm not very picky myself; meat has more energy in it than plants. Well, when we go food shopping next, you can certainly help me pick out our meals. You seem to know your survival skills."


    Mirror blinked, and pointed at a mid-sized wastebasket that served as a little table when it was occupied by the other Doc and the siblings, now mostly covered by the pile of goat-stuff and supporting some knick-knacks.

    "Sari's metal cup was that big." Mirror replied, with her eyebrows raised slightly.
    "Wow, that's a lot of coffee. Does she ever sleep?" Doc says with an impressed look.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    "Why were people such ***** in the olden days? I thought it was meant to be all about friendship or whatever." Viridia asked.
    "Nah, we got the buffalo to share their territory with us when we first showed up and started building a village where they lived and convinced the rest of the country that it was a dispute about agriculturalists against nomads instead of a bunch of settlers wanting unclaimed territory." Strata said with a weird smile on her face, looking sort like how Fan Knife usually did when she was talking about doing bad things.

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Hmm, that I'm not sure the answer to. We can and do eat grass, but I guess ponies a long time ago preferred canned vegetables over canned meat and fish. I'm not very picky myself; meat has more energy in it than plants. Well, when we go food shopping next, you can certainly help me pick out our meals. You seem to know your survival skills."
    Mirror still looked confused.

    "My home eats fish like ponies eat plants here. I need to change how I eat." Mirror said, staring at the ancient veggies with continual disinterest.

    "Wow, that's a lot of coffee. Does she ever sleep?" Doc says with an impressed look.
    "She eats a lot." Mirror replied, "But I think it is be cause she is four hundred and fifty keylows. Horses eat a lot."

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Hazuki's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    "Nah, we got the buffalo to share their territory with us when we first showed up and started building a village where they lived and convinced the rest of the country that it was a dispute about agriculturalists against nomads instead of a bunch of settlers wanting unclaimed territory." Strata said with a weird smile on her face, looking sort like how Fan Knife usually did when she was talking about doing bad things.
    "The more I hear about them, the more I think the Princesses were a couple of the world's best con artists." Viridia mused. The smile didn't do much for her - she already had a Fan Knife for her ghoul-creep needs.

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    Mirror still looked confused. "My home eats fish like ponies eat plants here. I need to change how I eat." Mirror said, staring at the ancient veggies with continual disinterest.
    Doc nods slowly and looks at his empty cup. He turns to Mirror. "I suppose you'll have to get used to different food here. Fish is hard to find, but not impossible. Maybe Abbas knows where to get fresher food like what Sari was getting," he says with hope.


    "She eats a lot." Mirror replied, "But I think it is be cause she is four hundred and fifty keylows. Horses eat a lot."
    "Ah. I reckon that's true. She did have a lot of food at the table when I was there."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    "The more I hear about them, the more I think the Princesses were a couple of the world's best con artists." Viridia mused. The smile didn't do much for her - she already had a Fan Knife for her ghoul-creep needs.
    Thank you. That's what I've been saying. Moonshadow said.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

    I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

    Procrastination: MLP



    Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.



  23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    "The more I hear about them, the more I think the Princesses were a couple of the world's best con artists." Viridia mused. The smile didn't do much for her - she already had a Fan Knife for her ghoul-creep needs.
    Strata immediately frowned, as if Viridia said that she shot cats on sight, or something equally troubling.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Thank you. That's what I've been saying. Moonshadow said.
    Strata shook her head, in actual mild shock at Moonshadow's words.

    "What, no! The princesses were good ponies; it's just that Equestria is big, and was set up a thousand years ago, and ponies changed faster than what the administration could keep up with. After Discord, ponies were scattered all over the continent, and it took centuries to even establish Equestria as a actual country, instead of a region where ponies happened to live. If I went to Trottingham and then to Manehattan, and then to Canterlot, you'd think they were three different countries, and that's because it would've taken weeks on hoof to get to any of them from here until they invented the train. When it came to the buffalo, they got screwed over by the Apples, the same ones that had the Ministry Mare and the Stable Tec founder, but then the Princesses sent the Elements back to them before the war started and had them write up a permanent diplomatic solution. You also have to understand that the moment where they thought they were outmatched in terms of being able to run a modern country, they used a lot of their own money to create the biggest government to ever exist in history. Non-ponies had full rights and were exempt from having to serve in the war, and the government at the top was run by good ponies, it was just that a lot of bad ponies prospered due to the war."

    Strata paused, and took a sip of her coffee; there was a slight shake in her hoof that faded quickly, and she soon spoke again.

    "The real problem, the one that existed before the war, was that most non-ponies who lived in Equestria in Equestrian territory were mostly independent from the rest of the country and didn't usually interact with ponies, like a lot of griffons, and Equestria was mostly a rural society that didn't prioritize education about what was outside Equestia, or even inside it. Most ponies couldn't draw a map of Equestria's borders when I was growing up, and even during the war most ponies couldn't point out zebra lands on a map. Also," Strata said, wincing slightly, as if she felt a dull pain in her head from the thoughts she was having, "the school system we did have was run by a stallion who was kind of a dumb ******* who thought friendship could've been weaponized by the donkeys if we recognized that they were around since the first ponies showed up here, and that if we let Crystal Ponies into Equestia, it'd be a way for changelings to sneak into the country."

    Fan Knife, a few feet away, sipping away at the contents of a small plastic bottle with some squiggle writing on it that she wasn't holding a few seconds ago, continued to look up at the other ghoul as if she thought her words were funny.

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Doc nods slowly and looks at his empty cup. He turns to Mirror. "I suppose you'll have to get used to different food here. Fish is hard to find, but not impossible. Maybe Abbas knows where to get fresher food like what Sari was getting," he says with hope.

    "Ah. I reckon that's true. She did have a lot of food at the table when I was there."
    Mirror nodded as Doc spoke.

    "Can you make food, like bread?" Mirror asked, sounding curious, "I can not."
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-09-21 at 05:10 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    "Can you make food, like bread?" Mirror asked, sounding curious, "I can not."
    "Well, I don't know how to make anything fancy. My dad's a chef though, so I know some basics. I certainly could learn more if I could get a small oven and the ingredients. And a cookbook. I've been collecting some books here, but don't have a cookbook just yet." Doc opens his bag and shows the collection of books he's been amassing; a farming guide, medical texts, some romance novels, obscure foreign subjects, history, and social studies. It's an eclectic mix. "Feel free to read them any time you're interested. I got them for us."


    The long conversation across from them sounds like something Choro would jump into on the princesses' defense. Doc speaks up, "Not to end the conversation over there, but uh, let me know when we're going to be taking off. Bertly's out walking the dog."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2018-09-21 at 07:25 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Choro is being quiet. You wouldn't know she was even awake unless you were looking at her. The little pony is reading one of Strata's books, playing with Hazel before letting the little Cutie join her friends. She doesn't interject even once the conversation turns to Celestia and Luna, though it's hard to see her reaction behind the book. The little wizard mutters, more to herself than anypony else. "It's easy to criticize the Princesses when they're not here. To look back afterwards and see them as small. Just ponies."

    She turns, only now seeing Doc's offered coffee. She closes her book before taking it, smiling at the stallion. "Thank you, Doctor. Today promises to be a long day."

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    Strata shook her head, in actual mild shock at Moonshadow's words.

    "What, no! The princesses were good ponies; it's just that Equestria is big, and was set up a thousand years ago, and ponies changed faster than what the administration could keep up with. After Discord, ponies were scattered all over the continent, and it took centuries to even establish Equestria as a actual country, instead of a region where ponies happened to live. If I went to Trottingham and then to Manehattan, and then to Canterlot, you'd think they were three different countries, and that's because it would've taken weeks on hoof to get to any of them from here until they invented the train. When it came to the buffalo, they got screwed over by the Apples, the same ones that had the Ministry Mare and the Stable Tec founder, but then the Princesses sent the Elements back to them before the war started and had them write up a permanent diplomatic solution. You also have to understand that the moment where they thought they were outmatched in terms of being able to run a modern country, they used a lot of their own money to create the biggest government to ever exist in history. Non-ponies had full rights and were exempt from having to serve in the war, and the government at the top was run by good ponies, it was just that a lot of bad ponies prospered due to the war."

    Strata paused, and took a sip of her coffee; there was a slight shake in her hoof that faded quickly, and she soon spoke again.

    "The real problem, the one that existed before the war, was that most non-ponies who lived in Equestria in Equestrian territory were mostly independent from the rest of the country and didn't usually interact with ponies, like a lot of griffons, and Equestria was mostly a rural society that didn't prioritize education about what was outside Equestia, or even inside it. Most ponies couldn't draw a map of Equestria's borders when I was growing up, and even during the war most ponies couldn't point out zebra lands on a map. Also," Strata said, wincing slightly, as if she felt a dull pain in her head from the thoughts she was having, "the school system we did have was run by a stallion who was kind of a dumb ******* who thought friendship could've been weaponized by the donkeys if we recognized that they were around since the first ponies showed up here, and that if we let Crystal Ponies into Equestia, it'd be a way for changelings to sneak into the country."

    Fan Knife, a few feet away, sipping away at the contents of a small plastic bottle with some squiggle writing on it that she wasn't holding a few seconds ago, continued to look up at the other ghoul as if she thought her words were funny.
    I'd be more inclined to believe that they were good ponies if they hadn't started a war before stepping down. Except they didn't even really step down. They just gave their closest friends free reign to rule in their place. None of which had much of anything to do with actually ruling besides Celestia's personal student. Moonshadow said, shrugging.

    But hey, maybe they had good intentions and all that. And sure, I'll believe that they never meant for this to all happen. she said, gesturing to the ruins around them. But having evil underlings? An uneducated populace? A complete paranoid racist as leader of a schools? That paints them as incompetent at best.

    Really, I'm more inclined to think that they were simply more concerned with keeping their power, and by extension Equestria's power, and everything just sorta spiraled out from there. Because the stuff you said makes me think that they just weren't all that concerned about the average pony.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

    I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

    Procrastination: MLP



    Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.



  27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Well, I don't know how to make anything fancy. My dad's a chef though, so I know some basics. I certainly could learn more if I could get a small oven and the ingredients. And a cookbook. I've been collecting some books here, but don't have a cookbook just yet." Doc opens his bag and shows the collection of books he's been amassing; a farming guide, medical texts, some romance novels, obscure foreign subjects, history, and social studies. It's an eclectic mix. "Feel free to read them any time you're interested. I got them for us."
    Mirror's expression of appreciation turned into somewhat gentle frustration as she took one of the books and stared at the back of one of the romance novels, apparently trying to find where the runes were.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    Choro is being quiet. You wouldn't know she was even awake unless you were looking at her. The little pony is reading one of Strata's books, playing with Hazel before letting the little Cutie join her friends.
    The weirdo not-pony giggled after it was gently placed back in it's rightful place, a box lined with old towels, warm and safe and artificial.

    She doesn't interject even once the conversation turns to Celestia and Luna, though it's hard to see her reaction behind the book. The little wizard mutters, more to herself than anypony else. "It's easy to criticize the Princesses when they're not here. To look back afterwards and see them as small. Just ponies."
    "Thank you, Choro." Strata said, sighing happily and waving over to her as if she was exibit A for the sincerity of Strata's own words.

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I'd be more inclined to believe that they were good ponies if they hadn't started a war before stepping down. Except they didn't even really step down. They just gave their closest friends free reign to rule in their place. None of which had much of anything to do with actually ruling besides Celestia's personal student. Moonshadow said, shrugging.

    But hey, maybe they had good intentions and all that. And sure, I'll believe that they never meant for this to all happen. she said, gesturing to the ruins around them. But having evil underlings? An uneducated populace? A complete paranoid racist as leader of a schools? That paints them as incompetent at best.

    Really, I'm more inclined to think that they were simply more concerned with keeping their power, and by extension Equestria's power, and everything just sorta spiraled out from there. Because the stuff you said makes me think that they just weren't all that concerned about the average pony.
    Strata looked like was coming up with a response in her head, but Fan Knife spoke, instead, causing the ghoul to look down at the filly as if she had just realized she was a few feet away from her.

    "The main thing they screwed up with was that they just didn't end the war before both sides had guns and fleets." Fan Knife said, "They controlled the sun and moon, and Celestia's sister could control dreams, right? They could have just kept the sun over zebra lands, and when zebras started to fall asleep, I don't see any reason why Luna couldn't just keep them from waking up and make them get locked into nightmares. There's one or two unicorns here who've figured out how to do something like that here after going through government archives, I don't see a reason why the pony who called herself Nightmare Moon couldn't do something like that if her sister was cooperating. A civilization like what they had could've been destroyed in a few weeks."

    "You have absolutely no idea what your talking about." Strata replied, voice flat with annoyance, causing Fan Knife to shrug, "I don't think I have enough time to talk about how wrong that was, and we're both immortal."

    "What? The zebras already thought she was evil and it took a thousand years before they did anything, and they had the best reason possible to start the war. If the zebras were baked in their huts until the most populous species in zebra lands were gazelles or something, Equestria failing could've been delayed another thousand years."
    Fan Knife continued, "The only reasons the zebras could take on Equestria was that ponies were greedy and dumb, and that they outnumbered Equestria five to one. Seriously, your princesses screwed up so badly their air force just left and formed a junta by themselves, they didn't even bother to try and preform a coup, they just left and shut the clouds behind them because they thought that the two who controlled the sun and moon couldn't reach them."

    Strata continued to look at Fan Knife as if she was a filly-shaped black hole where good vibes sort of gravitated towards and were obliterated. Fan Knife continued to look up at her slight senior, looking as if she and Strata was just having a pleasant chat.

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Forum Explorer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    Strata looked like was coming up with a response in her head, but Fan Knife spoke, instead, causing the ghoul to look down at the filly as if she had just realized she was a few feet away from her.

    "The main thing they screwed up with was that they just didn't end the war before both sides had guns and fleets." Fan Knife said, "They controlled the sun and moon, and Celestia's sister could control dreams, right? They could have just kept the sun over zebra lands, and when zebras started to fall asleep, I don't see any reason why Luna couldn't just keep them from waking up and make them get locked into nightmares. There's one or two unicorns here who've figured out how to do something like that here after going through government archives, I don't see a reason why the pony who called herself Nightmare Moon couldn't do something like that if her sister was cooperating. A civilization like what they had could've been destroyed in a few weeks."

    "You have absolutely no idea what your talking about." Strata replied, voice flat with annoyance, causing Fan Knife to shrug, "I don't think I have enough time to talk about how wrong that was, and we're both immortal."

    "What? The zebras already thought she was evil and it took a thousand years before they did anything, and they had the best reason possible to start the war. If the zebras were baked in their huts until the most populous species in zebra lands were gazelles or something, Equestria failing could've been delayed another thousand years."
    Fan Knife continued, "The only reasons the zebras could take on Equestria was that ponies were greedy and dumb, and that they outnumbered Equestria five to one. Seriously, your princesses screwed up so badly their air force just left and formed a junta by themselves, they didn't even bother to try and preform a coup, they just left and shut the clouds behind them because they thought that the two who controlled the sun and moon couldn't reach them."

    Strata continued to look at Fan Knife as if she was a filly-shaped black hole where good vibes sort of gravitated towards and were obliterated. Fan Knife continued to look up at her slight senior, looking as if she and Strata was just having a pleasant chat.
    Not even that. Moonshadow said, snorting. I'd be surprised if anypony here besides maybe Fan Knife knows this, because it involves how Celestia and Luna died during the end. Also it's classified, but you know, not that much considering I learned about it.

    On the last day the Zebras launched a bunch of missiles towards Canterlot, like any other city. And what happened? The two sisters put up a shield protecting the entire city.
    Anger grew in Moonshadow's voice as she talked. All along they could do this. But no, only when their lives were on the line did they bother. If they had brought that power to the battlefield, those shields alone could've saved thousands. Let alone if they actually used combat spells as well. L- Moonshadow cut herself off, glancing at Choro.

    So yeah. That's why I hate them so much. Not so much about any evil or incompetence, but because they had so much power and sat and did nothing while ponies fought and died in their name. And don't give me any crap about them being too important as leaders to risk on the battlefield. Rainbow Dash was one of the 6 Ministry Mares, and she still put her life on the line to fight for Equestria. And she was damn good at it too. We never lost a battle where Rainbow Dash was leading our forces.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

    I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

    Procrastination: MLP



    Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.



  29. - Top - End - #239
    Spamalot in the Playground
     
    DigoDragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    Mirror's expression of appreciation turned into somewhat gentle frustration as she took one of the books and stared at the back of one of the romance novels, apparently trying to find where the runes were.
    "Are the books not to your liking?" Doc asks her.


    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Rainbow Dash was one of the 6 Ministry Mares, and she still put her life on the line to fight for Equestria. And she was damn good at it too. We never lost a battle where Rainbow Dash was leading our forces.
    Doc's right ear swivels to the conversation, then flicks. "Seems a tragedy that only deserters still take up her name as a title."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races
    Avatar by me - Doc Wagon

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Not even that. Moonshadow said, snorting. I'd be surprised if anypony here besides maybe Fan Knife knows this, because it involves how Celestia and Luna died during the end. Also it's classified, but you know, not that much considering I learned about it.

    On the last day the Zebras launched a bunch of missiles towards Canterlot, like any other city. And what happened? The two sisters put up a shield protecting the entire city.
    Anger grew in Moonshadow's voice as she talked. All along they could do this. But no, only when their lives were on the line did they bother. If they had brought that power to the battlefield, those shields alone could've saved thousands. Let alone if they actually used combat spells as well. L- Moonshadow cut herself off, glancing at Choro.

    So yeah. That's why I hate them so much. Not so much about any evil or incompetence, but because they had so much power and sat and did nothing while ponies fought and died in their name. And don't give me any crap about them being too important as leaders to risk on the battlefield. Rainbow Dash was one of the 6 Ministry Mares, and she still put her life on the line to fight for Equestria. And she was damn good at it too. We never lost a battle where Rainbow Dash was leading our forces.
    Strata looked shaken, and, after a few moments, she sat down, sort of staring at the floor. Meanwhile, Fan Knife yawned.

    "" Last pony my sister tried to save who had some long-term exposure to the Cloud under the best possible conditions looked like a fetus made of strawberry soft-serve ice cream by the time it worked it's way though her system, and then she just started losing her shape and started melting into goo. If your pony princesses are still alive, pity them, because they didn't teleport out and they sure didn't become ghouls.". Fan Knife said, appearing to inspect one of her hooves.

    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Are the books not to your liking?" Doc asks her.
    "Your writing are funny." Mirror said, sounding glum as she pointed at Doc's dictionary, "There are no things like it at my home, but I will need it for these. Every one at my home knows all of our words, there is no need to have books for words."

    Doc's right ear swivels to the conversation, then flicks. "Seems a tragedy that only deserters still take up her name as a title."
    Fan Knife glanced at Doc, and then towards Mirror, who seemed startled at the ghoul being there in the first place, and then she shook her head and yawned.

    "Meh, there's worse. We should get going before one of them eats the ponies at the hospital, or wakes up my sister." Fan Knife said, wincing slightly when she looked outside at the relative brightness, as if anything above the light of a oil lamp annoyed her at this time of day.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-09-23 at 04:36 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •