New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Not even that. Moonshadow said, snorting. I'd be surprised if anypony here besides maybe Fan Knife knows this, because it involves how Celestia and Luna died during the end. Also it's classified, but you know, not that much considering I learned about it.

On the last day the Zebras launched a bunch of missiles towards Canterlot, like any other city. And what happened? The two sisters put up a shield protecting the entire city.
    Anger grew in Moonshadow's voice as she talked. All along they could do this. But no, only when their lives were on the line did they bother. If they had brought that power to the battlefield, those shields alone could've saved thousands. Let alone if they actually used combat spells as well. L- Moonshadow cut herself off, glancing at Choro.

So yeah. That's why I hate them so much. Not so much about any evil or incompetence, but because they had so much power and sat and did nothing while ponies fought and died in their name. And don't give me any crap about them being too important as leaders to risk on the battlefield. Rainbow Dash was one of the 6 Ministry Mares, and she still put her life on the line to fight for Equestria. And she was damn good at it too. We never lost a battle where Rainbow Dash was leading our forces.
    The unmade comparison is not lost on Choro. The little mare looks at Moonshadow coolly, sipping her coffee. The philosophy of using magic for conflict is... something she would be willing to discuss another day. Not this early. Not after yesterday, and what she'd done to Mirror. Instead, the little mage holds her cup to one side as she regards her pegasus friend evenly. "How do you know that the Princesses never fought?"

Well, Historigoraphy wasn't exactly her subject, but a basic explanation of the principles couldn't hurt, right? Choro shrugs, "My Stable did not carry records of the war. But the Enclave is founded on the idea that Celestia and Luna's rule was distant and the common pegasi were being sacrificed for idle rulers. That's the binding ideology of your nation, the founding thesis that caused you to break the Unity of Tribes. As such, I doubt they'd keep records of history that conflicted with that central viewpoint."

The little mare looks a touch pensive. It's strange to ponder thoughts like this. Still, another point comes to her, and she offers it to Moonshadow, theorizing aloud again, "Even with the incident you describe... if the only goal was self preservation, why extend the shield around the whole city? Wouldn't they focus it on Canterlot Castle? A smaller shield would be stronger, and wouldn't have to stand against missiles targeted at the rest of Canterlot."

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    Strata looked like was coming up with a response in her head, but Fan Knife spoke, instead, causing the ghoul to look down at the filly as if she had just realized she was a few feet away from her.

"The main thing they screwed up with was that they just didn't end the war before both sides had guns and fleets." Fan Knife said, "They controlled the sun and moon, and Celestia's sister could control dreams, right? They could have just kept the sun over zebra lands, and when zebras started to fall asleep, I don't see any reason why Luna couldn't just keep them from waking up and make them get locked into nightmares. There's one or two unicorns here who've figured out how to do something like that here after going through government archives, I don't see a reason why the pony who called herself Nightmare Moon couldn't do something like that if her sister was cooperating. A civilization like what they had could've been destroyed in a few weeks."

"You have absolutely no idea what your talking about." Strata replied, voice flat with annoyance, causing Fan Knife to shrug, "I don't think I have enough time to talk about how wrong that was, and we're both immortal."

"What? The zebras already thought she was evil and it took a thousand years before they did anything, and they had the best reason possible to start the war. If the zebras were baked in their huts until the most populous species in zebra lands were gazelles or something, Equestria failing could've been delayed another thousand years."
    Fan Knife continued, "The only reasons the zebras could take on Equestria was that ponies were greedy and dumb, and that they outnumbered Equestria five to one. Seriously, your princesses screwed up so badly their air force just left and formed a junta by themselves, they didn't even bother to try and preform a coup, they just left and shut the clouds behind them because they thought that the two who controlled the sun and moon couldn't reach them."

Strata continued to look at Fan Knife as if she was a filly-shaped black hole where good vibes sort of gravitated towards and were obliterated. Fan Knife continued to look up at her slight senior, looking as if she and Strata was just having a pleasant chat.
    Choro looks towards Fan Knife more coldly. She knows that she's driving the Professor to distraction here. The little mare does not appreciate the ghoul filly's disregard for her counterpart in undeath. As such, she clears her throat and takes a step forward. "You are over-estimating Alicorn power levels, and have a strange view on how the war could've worked long term."

This seems to have taken C into full blown lecture mode. The little pony puffs up, and when she speaks it's with certainty, "Moving the sun and moon is a significant feat. However, it is not one that only the alicorns were capable of. The cycle of sun and moon predates the princesses. In the old days, skilled unicorn teams saw to it, even as late as the time of King Bullion. It was a factor in early negotiations between the three tribes. A city wide shield spell, as Moonshadow describes, sounds impressive... but I've read reports of lone powerful unicorns being able to work similar feats."

Choro tries, but she can not hide a grin at this fact. Old school unicorn magic was awesome: no science required! Humming, the little mage turns back to a more theoretical tac. "Celestia and Luna's power was significant, far beyond mine or any single unicorn I've ever heard of. But viewing the two sisters as gods shows how far removed we are from them historically. I doubt Luna would've been able to bind the entire Zebra empire in the manner you describe. If she could, then Nightmare Moon would have likely managed to dethrone Celestia. What could be done against that kind of absolute power. But hypothetical magic spells aside, the war as it stood could not effectively be won. That's the issue with defending yourself against an ideologically driven aggressor."

Choro pauses. The conversation's turning to darker ground, and it's obvious she's reluctant to discuss the matter. But Fan Knife brought it up, and it's hard for Choro to let Equestria's reputation be denigrated without an answer. "The zebras believed Princess Luna inherently evil. It was a matter of faith as I understand it. Conquering Roam would not quell that fundamental belief. Thus conquest and a conventional military victory were largely irrelevant goals. Even a ceasefire would be simply a delay. The only path to a long term sustainable peace would be ideological change within the zebra ranks. That would have been the correct path."

And the path not taken. Equestria had fought, from first to last. Choro sighs, "Either way. You're both missing the point."

This is... hard to articulate. Choro takes a long breath before speaking again. "The Princesses were the best of us. Our examples, our guides. They ruled not by giving firm orders and strategies, but by lifting ponies up and advising us on how to forge the path ahead. The cities and wonders of old Equestria were things built by everyday equines. The Sisters were not all wise or all seeing, and never claimed to be: when Celestia felt unequal to the task of governing Equestria in the face of war, she passed the torch to Luna. And to the rest of us."

The little mage looks to Moonshadow at that, almost pleading. "It was our nation. Yours too, even if you don't see it that way now. When Equestria fell, it was because the rest of us had fallen short of their example. Because we'd let profit, fear, anger and grief turn us into something different. Ponies profited from war so war was prioritized, and other ponies suffered and died for their betters making some extra bits. But widespread societal problems are hard to fix, so the impulse is to wave our hooves at the ponies in charge and say we could've done it better"

Only natural really. And in part a sign of attachment. Not caring is worse, and sadly more common. Choro looks down into her coffee, pensive. She's not got a thesis of her own here. Just a tattered perspective that's had to endure quite a bit these last few days.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Spamalot in the Playground

"Your writing are funny." Mirror said, sounding glum as she pointed at Doc's dictionary, "There are no things like it at my home, but I will need it for these. Every one at my home knows all of our words, there is no need to have books for words."
    "That is a translation book I had gotten at Sari's place," Doc says, with renewed interest. "I've used it to teach myself your language."

He pulls out his notebook and shows all the notes he's made on mirror's language.

"Meh, there's worse. We should get going before one of them eats the ponies at the hospital, or wakes up my sister."
    Doc nods in agreement for leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Choro
    Big_Speech
    Doc raises his eyebrows. Wow. When the little unicorn gets passionate about something... you don't stand in the way. "I'd... like to try and do something to better those here."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "[COLOR="#8B4513"]
    Doc's right ear swivels to the conversation, then flicks. "Seems a tragedy that only deserters still take up her name as a title."
    Moonshadow shrugged The Pegasi loved Rainbow Dash. She was everything we admired and aspired to be. Even today she's a shining example of what a Pegasus should be. But in the end, she chose Equestria and the Princesses over us, and we never really forgave her for that. Moonshadow chuckled. Even her loyalty to the wrong ponies can be admired. Not that it's allowed after the first group of Da****es.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    The unmade comparison is not lost on Choro. The little mare looks at Moonshadow coolly, sipping her coffee. The philosophy of using magic for conflict is... something she would be willing to discuss another day. Not this early. Not after yesterday, and what she'd done to Mirror. Instead, the little mage holds her cup to one side as she regards her pegasus friend evenly. "How do you know that the Princesses never fought?"

Well, Historigoraphy wasn't exactly her subject, but a basic explanation of the principles couldn't hurt, right? Choro shrugs, "My Stable did not carry records of the war. But the Enclave is founded on the idea that Celestia and Luna's rule was distant and the common pegasi were being sacrificed for idle rulers. That's the binding ideology of your nation, the founding thesis that caused you to break the Unity of Tribes. As such, I doubt they'd keep records of history that conflicted with that central viewpoint."

The little mare looks a touch pensive. It's strange to ponder thoughts like this. Still, another point comes to her, and she offers it to Moonshadow, theorizing aloud again, "Even with the incident you describe... if the only goal was self preservation, why extend the shield around the whole city? Wouldn't they focus it on Canterlot Castle? A smaller shield would be stronger, and wouldn't have to stand against missiles targeted at the rest of Canterlot."

And the path not taken. Equestria had fought, from first to last. Choro sighs, "Either way. You're both missing the point."

This is... hard to articulate. Choro takes a long breath before speaking again. "The Princesses were the best of us. Our examples, our guides. They ruled not by giving firm orders and strategies, but by lifting ponies up and advising us on how to forge the path ahead. The cities and wonders of old Equestria were things built by everyday equines. The Sisters were not all wise or all seeing, and never claimed to be: when Celestia felt unequal to the task of governing Equestria in the face of war, she passed the torch to Luna. And to the rest of us."

The little mage looks to Moonshadow at that, almost pleading. "It was our nation. Yours too, even if you don't see it that way now. When Equestria fell, it was because the rest of us had fallen short of their example. Because we'd let profit, fear, anger and grief turn us into something different. Ponies profited from war so war was prioritized, and other ponies suffered and died for their betters making some extra bits. But widespread societal problems are hard to fix, so the impulse is to wave our hooves at the ponies in charge and say we could've done it better"

Only natural really. And in part a sign of attachment. Not caring is worse, and sadly more common. Choro looks down into her coffee, pensive. She's not got a thesis of her own here. Just a tattered perspective that's had to endure quite a bit these last few days.
    Because there is no evidence of it. Not even a rumor. Not even Celestia's damn cultists could make the claim that the Princesses fought. And yeah, I know my government covers a lot of history up and uses propaganda to rewrite history, but even then they aren't that good at it. Rainbow Dash is a good example. Despite officially being persona non grata, she still has fan clubs, and genuine Rainbow Dash stuff is worth a fortune to smugglers like me. Moonshadow shrugged.

As for why they protected the whole city rather then just the palace, who knows for sure? Maybe they had friends outside the palace they wanted to protect. Maybe they didn't want to see death so personally. Or maybe they thought the explosions would cause the whole city to slide off the mountain face, palace and all. Or maybe they even had a last minute change of heart. Moonshadow shrugged again.

That's where you're wrong Choro. They weren't the best of us, and all their power and experience just bred complacently and privilege. And their leadership style simply wasn't sufficient to lead us through a war. But you are right to an extent. It's not all their fault. We ordinary ponies had our share of blame.

But I think the biggest mistake was buying into Celestia and Luna's myth. They were basically worshiped, and ponies followed them blindly. But we had too much faith in our leaders, Rainbow Dash included. If we Pegasi hadn't waited til the bombs started falling to break away from Equestria, then maybe we could've forced the war to an early and peaceful end. Maybe if ponies hadn't been so convinced of the Princesses righteousness they would've been more open to Zebra myths and realized how far they'd go to prevent Luna from ruling. If we hadn't been so blinded by the glories of our victories on the battlefield maybe we would've remembered that it was all pointless so long as the zebras had megaspells.

Moonshadow sighed, Well hindsight is 20-20, and there's no point crying over spilled milk. Better we work on fixing the present then dwelling on the past.

"" Last pony my sister tried to save who had some long-term exposure to the Cloud under the best possible conditions looked like a fetus made of strawberry soft-serve ice cream by the time it worked it's way though her system, and then she just started losing her shape and started melting into goo. If your pony princesses are still alive, pity them, because they didn't teleport out and they sure didn't become ghouls.". Fan Knife said, appearing to inspect one of her hooves.

"Meh, there's worse. We should get going before one of them eats the ponies at the hospital, or wakes up my sister." Fan Knife said, wincing slightly when she looked outside at the relative brightness, as if anything above the light of a oil lamp annoyed her at this time of day.
    Yeah. Nopony deserved what Canterlot got. Moonshadow shuddered.

Right. Let's get going, she said, tying herself into the harness.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #244

Moonshadow shrugged The Pegasi loved Rainbow Dash. She was everything we admired and aspired to be. Even today she's a shining example of what a Pegasus should be. But in the end, she chose Equestria and the Princesses over us, and we never really forgave her for that. Moonshadow chuckled. Even her loyalty to the wrong ponies can be admired. Not that it's allowed after the first group of Da****es.
    It is a curious thing Doc ponders, that the Enclave would consider Rainbow Dash to be the quintessential pegasus, and yet they seem to overlook why Rainbow is such. Or maybe they do see it... and it scares them to admit they were wrong all this time?

Though mentioning Caterlot does remind Doc that the party should probably bury that canister of the sample somewhere if it hadn't already been disposed of.

"Yeah, can't change what others did in the far past. We learn and move forward, right?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Moonshadow sighed, Well hindsight is 20-20, and there's no point crying over spilled milk. Better we work on fixing the present then dwelling on the past.
    Choro snorts. "She says after dirtying the Princess' names as best she can." Still, she smiles and nods, waving her hoof at Moony as she steps outside to the saddle. Her muzzle had flared a touch as the Enclave pegaus had talked; it's obvious the little mage's mind is far from changed. Still, the same can be said for Moonshadow, and just arguing the point further won't get either pony anywhere

As such, Choro returns to her perch, gently patting Butch a little before looking between her fellow passengers."Our history is important. While we can't change the past, it's something I take a lot of solace in. Equestria was a wonderful place, with a proud history. The two sisters are a part of that, no matter how you try to denigrate them. The hooves that built the land of harmony can build it again. Even without the princesses, the sun and moon could resume their cycle once civilization starts to return, cities could be rebuilt, fields purified, radiation dispursed. Knowing what we've managed in the past, what we're capable of, how great the best of us could be... that gives me hope."

Pulling up her book, Choro glances through the Skywagon's front window at Moonshadow. She studies the pegasus, pondering her travelling companion while muttering to herself, "What gives you hope?"

6. - Top - End - #246
    Colossus in the Playground

Viridia got into driver's position. "Vroom vroom."

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    Choro looks towards Fan Knife more coldly. She knows that she's driving the Professor to distraction here. The little mare does not appreciate the ghoul filly's disregard for her counterpart in undeath. As such, she clears her throat and takes a step forward. "You are over-estimating Alicorn power levels, and have a strange view on how the war could've worked long term."

This seems to have taken C into full blown lecture mode. The little pony puffs up, and when she speaks it's with certainty, "Moving the sun and moon is a significant feat. However, it is not one that only the alicorns were capable of. The cycle of sun and moon predates the princesses. In the old days, skilled unicorn teams saw to it, even as late as the time of King Bullion. It was a factor in early negotiations between the three tribes. A city wide shield spell, as Moonshadow describes, sounds impressive... but I've read reports of lone powerful unicorns being able to work similar feats."

Choro tries, but she can not hide a grin at this fact. Old school unicorn magic was awesome: no science required! Humming, the little mage turns back to a more theoretical tac. "Celestia and Luna's power was significant, far beyond mine or any single unicorn I've ever heard of. But viewing the two sisters as gods shows how far removed we are from them historically. I doubt Luna would've been able to bind the entire Zebra empire in the manner you describe. If she could, then Nightmare Moon would have likely managed to dethrone Celestia. What could be done against that kind of absolute power. But hypothetical magic spells aside, the war as it stood could not effectively be won. That's the issue with defending yourself against an ideologically driven aggressor."

Choro pauses. The conversation's turning to darker ground, and it's obvious she's reluctant to discuss the matter. But Fan Knife brought it up, and it's hard for Choro to let Equestria's reputation be denigrated without an answer. "The zebras believed Princess Luna inherently evil. It was a matter of faith as I understand it. Conquering Roam would not quell that fundamental belief. Thus conquest and a conventional military victory were largely irrelevant goals. Even a ceasefire would be simply a delay. The only path to a long term sustainable peace would be ideological change within the zebra ranks. That would have been the correct path."

Choro might have felt that she was talking to a wall when she was speaking to Fan Knife, as the filly remained unimpressed.

"I was alive when you're princesses were, sometimes they were on television." Fan Knife said, looking at Choro straight in the eyes, "They were either weak and unable to do anything, or they were the lynchpins that kept the country together. If they were both, than that explained why this country failed."

Fan Knife started to turn around, but then she paused and tilted her head towards Choro slightly. Her slightly widened eyes, combined with her slight smile, made for a unpleasant face.

"Ponies did look to them as examples, I'll give you that. That's why two of the joint owners of the company that saved your life was owned by the sisters of two of the Ministry Mares. I know for a fact that Stable-Tec's corruption makes that canning factory look like nothing. Power here wasn't made by people from the ground up, but it was distributed from the top to vassals below them to manage the affairs of the kingdom. There's no magical self-made evil ponies subverting their rules, they all ended up where they were because they were picked to be there. "

Fan Knife then walked off towards a spot in a corner, and laid down on her stomach, curling up slightly and becoming very still.

"That is a translation book I had gotten at Sari's place," Doc says, with renewed interest. "I've used it to teach myself your language."

He pulls out his notebook and shows all the notes he's made on mirror's language.
    Mirror glanced at the notebook, then at Doc, and then at the notebook again. She seemed somewhat concerned.

"We will look through this and correct falsehoods." Mirror replied, "If you spoke like that, you would sound like a mare."

Yeah. Nopony deserved what Canterlot got. Moonshadow shuddered.
    "What's that about the capital, now?" Bertly said cheerfully, bringing the dog in with him, which immediately attempted to see if any food had fallen to the floor, at the expense of any marginally smaller pony around. After a quick investigation, it headed for Choro with boundless dogish enthusiasm. Meanwhile, Bertly swiveled around to continue to face Moonshadow as she headed out of the bus, and made a sound that could've been a sigh after not getting a answer.

Right. Let's get going, she said, tying herself into the harness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    Viridia got into driver's position. "Vroom vroom."
    The bus lifted off the ground easily, and Oakville happily vanished from sight as the bus ascended. While it would be bad to say that they would make it to Tauronto General in record time, it was probably going to be near that. What wind existed was gentle and was moving in the right direction, and, honestly, you could almost see the irregularly-shape mounds of concrete that indicated Tauronto's main cluster of medical centers from here. Behind the bus, two overly large robots were tailing it, and life was good. Heck, someone who was just sitting behind the sorry excuse for a wheel might as well have been driving the thing, given how smooth the ride was.

[Due to a natural 10 on a roll indicating possible natural hazards, there are no survival or endurance rolls needed here, it's literally the best possible weather for flying at the moment. Time between Oakville and the hospital is three hours, so mark that down in terms of rest and reading.]
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-09-26 at 04:27 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248

"We will look through this and correct falsehoods." Mirror replied, "If you spoke like that, you would sound like a mare."
    Doc points to the blurb on the back cover. "The book says it has a minor enchantment that knows the reader's native language, but I don't know if it might be confused by us looking at it together? I'd love your help on the matter anyway. My notes are based on the way i heard you speak, so I'm sure they could use corrections."

He is willing to learn, and Doc will spend his time between lessons and using the herbs to restock his nearly depleted medicines.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2018-09-26 at 02:47 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc points to the blurb on the back cover. "The book says it has a minor enchantment that knows the reader's native language, but I don't know if it might be confused by us looking at it together? I'd love your help on the matter anyway. My notes are based on the way i heard you speak, so I'm sure they could use corrections." He is willing to learn, and Doc will spend his time between lessons and using the herbs to restock his nearly depleted medicines.
    Mirror happened to be both wrong and right; Doc's notes were actually entirely correct, it was that the dictionary had some minor embellishments that made Doc's translated blurbs structurally look as if they happened to be written by someone who was doing their best attempt to write poetry. Happily, Equestrian-to-Everfrost was a lot more straightforward than it appeared and it wasn't particularly hard to make more straightforward translations, something that could be useful in the future, possibly. Speaking of hypothetical, Mirror appeared to be taking the whole 'travel by air on a rickety bus going about thirty miles per hour hundreds of feet into the air with only a few inches of steel keeping her from being sucked out from the sheer speed' pretty well, actually, given that it was the same mare he'd met about a week ago.

In terms of body language, his unicorn-fiance she seemed to be concerned with Madeleine and her general Madeleine-ness than Strata or Choro, which certainly meant something in terms of long-term unicorn management, even if that something was entirely obscure and, in true unicorn methodology, would probably only reveal it's importance after, given the luck of the party, after something was on fire or there was a horrible monster involved. Than again, given that something that was almost a literal carbon copy of Madeleine was, at one point, on fire and wanted nothing less than to feed the entirety of Equestria into a sausage casing and keep some malformed pony-animal hybrids made for hugging and love around to feed the scraps too and make burgers out of, it was possible that Mirror was picking up the residue of ambient chaotic evil. Alternatively, given that Madeleine was wearing something that generously could be said to not be generous and didn't have any obvious signs of malnutrition or meth usage, Mirror was wondering if the new unicorn was a groupie or whatever the Everfrost equivalent was.

10. - Top - End - #250

Mirror happened to be both wrong and right; Doc's notes were actually entirely correct, it was that the dictionary had some minor embellishments that made Doc's translated blurbs structurally look as if they happened to be written by someone who was doing their best attempt to write poetry. Happily, Equestrian-to-Everfrost was a lot more straightforward than it appeared and it wasn't particularly hard to make more straightforward translations, something that could be useful in the future, possibly.
    Doc listens to Mirror's lessons, his interest in learning how to speak Everfrostian evident in the attention he pays her. A side benefit of learning this language crosses Doc's mind at one point--knowing a language not spoken in Equestria could potentially be useful for exchanging confidential information. A third party not familiar with it would be unable to figure out the information passed on. Maybe other party members would be interested in picking up some basic lessons on this language too? He would have to ask them later.

In terms of body language, his unicorn-fiance she seemed to be concerned with Madeleine and her general Madeleine-ness than Strata or Choro, which certainly meant something in terms of long-term unicorn management, even if that something was entirely obscure and, in true unicorn methodology, would probably only reveal it's importance after, given the luck of the party, after something was on fire or there was a horrible monster involved. Than again, given that something that was almost a literal carbon copy of Madeleine was, at one point, on fire and wanted nothing less than to feed the entirety of Equestria into a sausage casing and keep some malformed pony-animal hybrids made for hugging and love around to feed the scraps too and make burgers out of, it was possible that Mirror was picking up the residue of ambient chaotic evil. Alternatively, given that Madeleine was wearing something that generously could be said to not be generous and didn't have any obvious signs of malnutrition or meth usage, Mirror was wondering if the new unicorn was a groupie or whatever the Everfrost equivalent was.
    "Something on your mind about Madeleine over there?" Doc quietly asks Mirror. "You seem to have a... like an intuition that something is not quite right?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Moonshadow hummed as she flew, enjoying the weather as she watched for any possible threats.

Perception: (1d10)[6] vs 9
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

"Something on your mind about Madeleine over there?" Doc quietly asks Mirror. "You seem to have a... like an intuition that something is not quite right?"
    Mirror gave Doc a glance, and shook her head.

"What is she?" Mirror asked bluntly, "She does not breath in her sleep."

Moonshadow hummed as she flew, enjoying the weather as she watched for any possible threats.

Perception: [roll0] vs 9
    As Moonshadow found herself flying over the dreary, rotting cityscape, she found that, when flying above a part of the world that used to cheaply house the cast-offs of Equestria before the world ended, it was more attractive to avoid looking downward before she started envisioning the probable smog that would've been roiling off from the factories and slums below and making great swaths of the skies hazardous. Indeed, there was nothing else in the air besides the bus besides the two robots flying behind them; it was actually quite possible that the sight of aerial procession might cause some panic below, but so far it hadn't seemed that they have passed over any surface communities, and if they have no one had taken any potshots. Indeed, a careful examining of the local skies indicated that there wasn't a stormfront in sight and even if this was some sort of oversight up in the skies, they'd need at least half a day to correct the weather.

It was still quite nice by the time Tauronto General came into view, looking as comforting as tons of grey, weather-beaten concrete inhabited by several dozen sad ponies and a ancient mad doctor could. Some of the ancient vehicles in the parking lot outside were semi-exposed to the air, like the metal skeletons of weird beetles. No one was outside, the front door was propped open, and nothing seemed to be on fire. In that way, it was quaint.

13. - Top - End - #253

Mirror gave Doc a glance, and shook her head.
    "What is she?" Mirror asked bluntly, "She does not breath in her sleep."
    Doc speaks softly to answer Mirror. "Well, her body is mostly made of cybernetic parts, similar to what I have, but inside she would look closer to Bertly than to us. Her mind is not a pony, it is artificial, made from magic and software. It... might be a little hard to understand if you aren't familiar with Artificial Intelligence." He pauses to think of another way to put it.

"Do you have stories of ponies made of clay or stone animated by a spirit to protect something or avenge a family? Our word for it is golem. If you have something like that, then you can think of Madeline as a golem made of metal with a flesh skin covering her. Luckily, she seems naive and not mean."

As they reach the hospital, Doc packs up his things in preparation to get through the few errands he wants to do.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

As Moonshadow found herself flying over the dreary, rotting cityscape, she found that, when flying above a part of the world that used to cheaply house the cast-offs of Equestria before the world ended, it was more attractive to avoid looking downward before she started envisioning the probable smog that would've been roiling off from the factories and slums below and making great swaths of the skies hazardous. Indeed, there was nothing else in the air besides the bus besides the two robots flying behind them; it was actually quite possible that the sight of aerial procession might cause some panic below, but so far it hadn't seemed that they have passed over any surface communities, and if they have no one had taken any potshots. Indeed, a careful examining of the local skies indicated that there wasn't a stormfront in sight and even if this was some sort of oversight up in the skies, they'd need at least half a day to correct the weather.

It was still quite nice by the time Tauronto General came into view, looking as comforting as tons of grey, weather-beaten concrete inhabited by several dozen sad ponies and a ancient mad doctor could. Some of the ancient vehicles in the parking lot outside were semi-exposed to the air, like the metal skeletons of weird beetles. No one was outside, the front door was propped open, and nothing seemed to be on fire. In that way, it was quaint.
    Small blessings, but Moonshadow appreciated them. A quick journey in good weather. Hopefully their luck would hold.

Now landing everypony! Welcome back to the Hospital, lets go pick us up some zebras and refugees.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc speaks softly to answer Mirror. "Well, her body is mostly made of cybernetic parts, similar to what I have, but inside she would look closer to Bertly than to us. Her mind is not a pony, it is artificial, made from magic and software. It... might be a little hard to understand if you aren't familiar with Artificial Intelligence." He pauses to think of another way to put it.
    Mirror blinked, clearly not.

"Do you have stories of ponies made of clay or stone animated by a spirit to protect something or avenge a family? Our word for it is golem. If you have something like that, then you can think of Madeline as a golem made of metal with a flesh skin covering her. Luckily, she seems naive and not mean."
    Mirror... seemed to understand marginally better, although, given how she looked, that didn't appear to appreciate that.

"Those are all evil." Mirror said, not bothering to whisper, "It does not live and can not die.

She then pointed to Strata.

"A living dead is still a pony, but the other unicorn never was but mimics one. That is very dangerous, as it has no soul but has a mind like a pony. I take no offense to it, as I understand these lands may have more knowledge of dealing with such things, but a living weapon or a thing like the metal orbs are much different than that one. It is a living construct and if it is very close to a unicorn it can not be less dangerous than the two war platforms following us, or the dragon Iris."

Small blessings, but Moonshadow appreciated them. A quick journey in good weather. Hopefully their luck would hold.

Now landing everypony! Welcome back to the Hospital, lets go pick us up some zebras and refugees.
    A set of greenish figures darted out of the hospital; yep, it was the Moss family, all heavily bundled up and waving excitedly over at them. Given from the bulk of what was probably River, they were already packed up and waiting to run.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-10-05 at 10:11 AM.

16. - Top - End - #256

Viridia decided to move out to greet River personally, partially out of some weird feeling of duty, partially to show off her sweet new gear.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Moonshadow waved back as she unstrapped herself. Well I'm off to find our other passengers. Doc, do you think you can get your buisness done with Stitcheart done quickly? This weather is great for flying, and I don't want to waste it.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Viridia decided to move out to greet River personally, partially out of some weird feeling of duty, partially to show off her sweet new gear.
    River stared at Viridia like she was a angel, and she touched up on her scarf slightly right before Viridia landed; her two brothers (what were their names again?) also looked impress, although the marginally older one seemed to have some kind of comic book featuring a pegasus in chainmail and stuffed it inside his sweater on instinct.

Viridia didn't get a hug or was knocked out the air at a high velocity by a overly strong excited earthbound girlfriend, although it looked like River had the energy to pull that off.

"You look awesome, you know that? Every time you show up again, you keep getting more awesome looking." River said, smiling brightly and looking like she was just about to mack on her, but she shook her head and pointed up at the airbus a few times with a hoof, as if she had excess energy and needed to expel it before she spoke more. It was all very Livewire-ish, but not as extreme, so this might have been some obscure earth pony thing or something. "But hey, we need to leave, really quickly. We're not in danger, it's just that, uh, that gangster we sold guns to used those guns outside and wiped out a gang that had been around since I was six in about fifteen minutes and now he's giving out free food and water to everyone still holed up in here and I don't want to be in here before he starts making ponies sign blood oaths or whatever he's going to do next. Everyone's already packed up and the zebras are with us, too. Also, there's a horse who showed up, she had some caps but I didn't know how much room was on the bus, so we didn't make any promises."
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-10-05 at 10:26 AM.

19. - Top - End - #259

"You look awesome, you know that? Every time you show up again, you keep getting more awesome looking." River said, smiling brightly and looking like she was just about to mack on her, but she shook her head and pointed up at the airbus a few times with a hoof, as if she had excess energy and needed to expel it before she spoke more. It was all very Livewire-ish, but not as extreme, so this might have been some obscure earth pony thing or something. "But hey, we need to leave, really quickly. We're not in danger, it's just that, uh, that gangster we sold guns to used those guns outside and wiped out a gang that had been around since I was six in about fifteen minutes and now he's giving out free food and water to everyone still holed up in here and I don't want to be in here before he starts making ponies sign blood oaths or whatever he's going to do next. Everyone's already packed up and the zebras are with us, too. Also, there's a horse who showed up, she had some caps but I didn't know how much room was on the bus, so we didn't make any promises."
    "Thanks." Viridia smiled, but the happiness at having been told how awesome she is fades to slight annoyance as she's told that Armchair DeBrunch is trying to make a cult around the hospital. "For crying out...what is it with ponies and trying to establish dictatorships every time I turn my back? I'm surprise my flank doesn't have a Queen by now." She glared at nothing in particular off to the side. "I think I'm gonna grab Fan Knife and kill him or something."

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

"All right, whose flank do I have to kick now?" Stellar says, stretching as she walks out of the bus behind Viridia. "Because I'm pretty sure leaving a dangerous gang in charge of Tauronto's only hospital is something I'm not ok with."

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thanks." Viridia smiled, but the happiness at having been told how awesome she is fades to slight annoyance as she's told that Armchair DeBrunch is trying to make a cult around the hospital. "For crying out...what is it with ponies and trying to establish dictatorships every time I turn my back? I'm surprise my flank doesn't have a Queen by now." She glared at nothing in particular off to the side. "I think I'm gonna grab Fan Knife and kill him or something."
    River shuffled around a bit, and then shook her head.

"Uh, I'm not so sure about that, the one's he killed were really nasty." River said, shaking her head slightly, "They were a bunch of camels who bought water from the water merchants in bulk because they got discounts from them for being camels, and then sold it at a higher prices right around now to ponies. They wandered in here right around when you guys left, I guess they knew Fan Knife was gone or something, and they wanted to force the donkeys to sell everything they had to them for almost nothing. Armoise got them out in a park out behind the hospital and shot them all, and they were camels so they had enough food on each of them to feed a family. He's not looting the hospital or anything, I think he knows that he can't hurt anyone inside it, but I'd just not be around here too much longer anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    "All right, whose flank do I have to kick now?" Stellar says, stretching as she walks out of the bus behind Viridia. "Because I'm pretty sure leaving a dangerous gang in charge of Tauronto's only hospital is something I'm not ok with."
    River smiled and nodded at Stellar, while she also got stares from her brothers, like she was a superhero or something. Alternatively, one of them had spotted one of the giant robots hovering behind the airbus and was wondering if they were seeing UFO's or something, or if Doc had went really overboard with the whole 'cybernetics' thing.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-10-05 at 10:45 AM.

22. - Top - End - #262

"A living dead is still a pony, but the other unicorn never was but mimics one. That is very dangerous, as it has no soul but has a mind like a pony. I take no offense to it, as I understand these lands may have more knowledge of dealing with such things, but a living weapon or a thing like the metal orbs are much different than that one. It is a living construct and if it is very close to a unicorn it can not be less dangerous than the two war platforms following us, or the dragon Iris."
    Doc nodded because he understood mirror's concerns and they were not wrong. "Moonshadow made a deal with that construct to take her with us when we destroyed the evil meat factory. The body it's using used to be a pony once upon a time. I just don't know what it really wants. Doesn't help she's wearing the strangest outfit ever. Might need to buy her a quieter jacket or something."

Moonshadow waved back as she unstrapped herself. Well I'm off to find our other passengers. Doc, do you think you can get your buisness done with Stitcheart done quickly? This weather is great for flying, and I don't want to waste it.
    "Eeyup, I'll get right on it." Doc gets up and gathers the containers of cuties together. He looks to Mirror. "Do you want to come along? I know you don't like these creatures, but after I deliver them I'm going to stop at a store for fresh food. We can see if they carry anything you'd like."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2018-10-05 at 11:11 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #263

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    Viridia silently approved of Stellar's approval of kicking flank.

River shuffled around a bit, and then shook her head.

"Uh, I'm not so sure about that, the one's he killed were really nasty." River said, shaking her head slightly, "They were a bunch of camels who bought water from the water merchants in bulk because they got discounts from them for being camels, and then sold it at a higher prices right around now to ponies. They wandered in here right around when you guys left, I guess they knew Fan Knife was gone or something, and they wanted to force the donkeys to sell everything they had to them for almost nothing. Armoise got them out in a park out behind the hospital and shot them all, and they were camels so they had enough food on each of them to feed a family. He's not looting the hospital or anything, I think he knows that he can't hurt anyone inside it, but I'd just not be around here too much longer anyway."
    "Hmm. Well, I still want to check it out. If nothing else, it's worth putting the fear of us into him so he doesn't start thinking about being a naughty colt."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc nodded because he understood mirror's concerns and they were not wrong. "Moonshadow made a deal with that construct to take her with us when we destroyed the evil meat factory. The body it's using used to be a pony once upon a time. I just don't know what it really wants. Doesn't help she kind of looks like Virida. Seems weird."
    "She looks like a concubine." Mirror complained, folding her legs together with a small 'hrmph'.

"Eeyup, I'll get right on it." Doc gets up and gathers the containers of cuties together. He looks to Mirror. "Do you want to come along? I know you don't like these creatures, but after I deliver them I'm going to stop at a store for fresh food. We can see if they carry anything you'd like."
    Mirror glanced at the cuties, and then at Butch the dog, who was snoring peacefully.

"I will watch the hound." she said chipperly.

"Hmm. Well, I still want to check it out. If nothing else, it's worth putting the fear of us into him so he doesn't start thinking about being a naughty colt."
    River nodded in approval, and then she glanced at the airbus, and then she looked back up. Her face went pale for a few moments, but then she shook her head and looked back at the two pegasi.

"So, uh, I'm guessing everyone made it? Also you brought back two giant robots, that's cool." River said, apparently trying to act casual while occasionally giving glances back up at the damaged cartoonish vestige of Dazzler.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-10-05 at 11:13 AM.

25. - Top - End - #265

River nodded in approval, and then she glanced at the airbus, and then she looked back up. Her face went pale for a few moments, but then she shook her head and looked back at the two pegasi.

"So, uh, I'm guessing everyone made it? Also you brought back two giant robots, that's cool." River said, apparently trying to act casual while occasionally giving glances back up at the damaged cartoonish vestige of Dazzler.
    "Oh, yeah. This is Dazzler." Viridia pointed to said robot. "Dazzler's a big robot I befriended. We should really fix these things up, but, uh, haven't had the time or whatever to do it, so."

26. - Top - End - #266

"She looks like a concubine." Mirror complained, folding her legs together with a small 'hrmph'.
    Doc looks at Madeleine again and nods. Yeah, he can kinda see it.

Mirror glanced at the cuties, and then at Butch the dog, who was snoring peacefully.

"I will watch the hound." she said chipperly.
    "Alright, I'll not be long."

Doc asks Strata and Bertly, "Want to help?" as he lifts the containers and puts them on his sled to carry them more easily together. If either say yes, Doc will let them pull the sled since it's easier and he'll carry some containers. If not, he'll pull the sled himself toward the hospital.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, yeah. This is Dazzler." Viridia pointed to said robot. "Dazzler's a big robot I befriended. We should really fix these things up, but, uh, haven't had the time or whatever to do it, so."
    "So, it won't try and turn us into food? That's...good." River said hesitantly, as if she was trying to force herself to warm up to the cheerful face of the overly large Mr. Handy, "Also, about that, we're not going to get attacked by giant flying robots again, are we? Just wanna confirm that."

Viridia saw that the older Moss brother nodded his head sagely in agreement.

"Alright, I'll not be long."
    Doc got a nod in response; he also saw Fan Knife slink out of the bus, just barely out of sight.

Doc asks Strata and Bertly, "Want to help?" as he lifts the containers and puts them on his sled to carry them more easily together. If either say yes, Doc will let them pull the sled since it's easier and he'll carry some containers. If not, he'll pull the sled himself toward the hospital.
    Strata woke up in apparent alarm at the word 'help', and seemed even more distressed at the sight of labor being preformed near her, but Bertly quickly hovered over to the other side of the container and helped Doc lift it up. The small cacophony of 'upsies daddah' and 'cutie wan pwlay!' was undeniable and it sounded like Doc was carrying a crate full of foal toys that all went off at once and wouldn't turn off.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-10-05 at 11:40 AM.

28. - Top - End - #268

Strata woke up in apparent alarm at the word 'help', and seemed even more distressed at the sight of labor being preformed near her, but Bertly quickly hovered over to the other side of the container and helped Doc lift it up. The small cacophony of 'upsies daddah' and 'cutie wan pwlay!' was undeniable and it sounded like Doc was carrying a crate full of foal toys that all went off at once and wouldn't turn off.
    So typical foal toys then?

"Thanks, Bertly. Let's get these to Doctor Stitchheart." He'll lead the way to the hospital and walk in the direction of Stitch's office area.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #269

"So, it won't try and turn us into food? That's...good." River said hesitantly, as if she was trying to force herself to warm up to the cheerful face of the overly large Mr. Handy, "Also, about that, we're not going to get attacked by giant flying robots again, are we? Just wanna confirm that."

Viridia saw that the older Moss brother nodded his head sagely in agreement.
    "I mean, we were the ones who got gutted by the other one and we're fine with it." Viridia said. "But, yeah, should be fine. We even took a detour to Oakville and it didn't want to turn them into food."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

So typical foal toys then?

"Thanks, Bertly. Let's get these to Doctor Stitchheart." He'll lead the way to the hospital and walk in the direction of Stitch's office area.
    As Doc passed by River and her siblings, getting a odd look from the youngest when some peeping was audiable from the crate but nothing more, he found that the lobby was almost entirely deserted. Walking towards the ghoul's office revealed a freshly cleaned hallway with two rather large turrets hanging from the ceiling, but nothing more. Finally making it to the office showed that it was guarded by a rather pristine set of two Mr. Gutsy's, each with a rather heavy loadout for being painted pink and white, and they did nothing but give Doc and Bertly deferential waves as they opened the door.

Doc found Stitchheart totally asleep in her office, still very slightly damaged from the Tenaculum fiasco. She was laying flat on a futon and covered with a thin grey blanket, and she was flanked by two more Mr. Gutsy's. Fan Knife passed Doc by when he went into the room apparently heedless of getting underhoof, like a cat deciding that a opened door was a opened door no matter what was standing in front of it, and she paused only when she was near her sibling before turning back to the two.

"You guys are good, if she heard what was in that factory you'd be here for months, wouldn't matter if you wanted to be here or not. As far as I saw, there was no disease, there wasn't a Olive around, and you didn't move the artificial intelligence running the place into a cyberbody she didn't make." Fan Knife replied, before motioning to a clear spot in the unoccupied side of the room, opposite of the desk, "I'll get some healing potions in exchange for those things, she'll find a use for them. She'll probably start breeding them like they're goldfish or something."

"I mean, we were the ones who got gutted by the other one and we're fine with it." Viridia said. "But, yeah, should be fine. We even took a detour to Oakville and it didn't want to turn them into food."
    River processed the wealth of information Viridia offered, and then nodded her head.

"Alright, that's good, you can tell us everything that happened once we're on the road." River said, turning around promptly and heading back inside the hospital, her brothers sort of wavering but following behind her anyway.