New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: D&D 5e Base Class Contest III Chat Thread

@ Pygmy Bat Rider

Thank you for your commentary! I would love to make changes, but it is illegal to do during the voting period, so I will have to wait until after voting has ended. Your insight will be very useful to me. I regret not having the time to review your class.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

The voting period is almost half over and the Shaman created by Pygmybatrider with its 7 points is just marginally pushing ahead of the Earthbinder and Planar Warrior, both of which have 6 points. If you wish to tip these odds, I would advise you to vote while there is still time.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Argh... give a class more than 2 attacks, and most criticisms amount to "just a fighter, then?".

Ah, well. I'll know that for next time then, lol.
    Always looking for critique of my 5E homebrew!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarkmundur View Post
    ... does this stuff just come naturally to you? Do you even have to try anymore xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Vogie is the sh**. I don't really have anything to contribute to the topic, just wanted to point that out.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

The voting period has ended, and all the votes have been tallied up. Here are the final results.

1st place: The Shaman by Pygmybatrider with 14 points
    2nd place: The Planar Warrior by PhoenyxPhyre with 9 points
    3rd place: The Earthbinder by Mourne with 7 points
    4th place: The Fire Storm Avatar by Requilac with 6 points
    5th place: The Alchemist by MoleMage with 5 points
    6th place: The Geomancer by Vogie with 1 point
    7th place: Tied by The Gaien by BerzerkerUnit with 0 points and The Kineticist by BlueHairedKat with 0 points.

Our winner is Pygmybatrider scoring 14 points with the shaman! You a notation in all the upcoming chat threads, bragging rights and inedible internet cookies. PhoenyxPhyre with the Planar Warrior came in second and Mourne with the Earthbinder came in third. Thank you for all who participated, this was a commendable effort indeed by all.

Later tonight I will be submitting our next competition, does not meet expectations. Give me some time to form the proper threads please.

Quote Originally Posted by Vogie View Post
    Argh... give a class more than 2 attacks, and most criticisms amount to "just a fighter, then?".

Ah, well. I'll know that for next time then, lol.
    I can't speak for others, but the reason I was unhappy with the Geomancer was more due to the passive nature of its features and not so much its similarity to the fighter. Either way, I wouldn't feel to beaten up about it, these competitions are hard.

Thank you to all who made comments on the Firestorm Avatar. I will be sure to look over those and make the changes as necessary now that I can. Your help has been invaluable in the refinement of that class which took me so long to build.
    Last edited by Requilac; 2018-10-01 at 09:05 PM.
    -

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Huh, turns out a class you write in a single stretch with no forethought, while you have a fever, doesn't do that well. Oh well, there's always next time. (And I think there's an interesting class in the kineticist, I just need to bring it out...)