New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kudzu's Future

1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Kudzu's Future

It's been talked about like unmaking the world would indeed give Hel the soul of every dwarf. I suppose you could see "if all their parents are going to go there, of course the children will too." but I'm not sure that would follow in this situation.

I mean, we've already seen Hel and Thor arguing over the soul of a young girl who died not in battle, but getting an infection from a splinter (or something). Clearly very young children aren't exempt from the normal rules of the bet, and making a distinction between say, a four year old, and a literal baby in a situation seems pretty baseless.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kudzu will grow up and become the divine caster of the Order of the Stick 2: Order Stickier! protagonist party, togheder with the doughter of Haley and Elan, who will be a rogue/dashing swordman, the son of Roy and Celia who will be the party leader as a fighter that can cast spell (being half celestial), one of the two son of V, that is a mage specialized in hunting demons, seeking revenge of who had damned his parent. Last but not least, a goblin grandson of right-eye that has become a bard (now that goblinoids are in peace, they don't need warriors anymore), and the bastard son of Belkar, a chaotic neutral ranger who didn't know anything about his father until he met Roy's son.

3. - Top - End - #63

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Synesthesy View Post
    Kudzu will grow up and become the divine caster of the Order of the Stick 2: Order Stickier! protagonist party, togheder with the doughter of Haley and Elan, who will be a rogue/dashing swordman, the son of Roy and Celia who will be the party leader as a fighter that can cast spell (being half celestial), one of the two son of V, that is a mage specialized in hunting demons, seeking revenge of who had damned his parent. Last but not least, a goblin grandson of right-eye that has become a bard (now that goblinoids are in peace, they don't need warriors anymore), and the bastard son of Belkar, a chaotic neutral ranger who didn't know anything about his father until he met Roy's son.
    Roy's son will be on a mission to prove gish builds are viable and will value the contributions of NPCs. Elan/Haley's daughter will resent the loving family that isn't giving her enough angsty back story befitting a YA female protagonist, Belkars bastard will spend a disproportionate amount of time trying to retcon his father as a misunderstood antihero, and Gender-neutral-child of V will keep asking hir parents for help. Right-Eyes grandson will be called 'The Bard', and none of the others acknowledge him as a team member until his heel turn.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

We've overlooked the main character: the offspring of Jimminy the Polearms Dealer.

It will require at least two books before Jimminy confesses that he indeed has no offspring.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rrmcklin View Post
    It's been talked about like unmaking the world would indeed give Hel the soul of every dwarf. I suppose you could see "if all their parents are going to go there, of course the children will too." but I'm not sure that would follow in this situation.

I mean, we've already seen Hel and Thor arguing over the soul of a young girl who died not in battle, but getting an infection from a splinter (or something). Clearly very young children aren't exempt from the normal rules of the bet, and making a distinction between say, a four year old, and a literal baby in a situation seems pretty baseless.
    When did this happen?
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    When did this happen?
    I don't remember the strip but I know it happened. Thor's argument was (paraphrasing) "Her death was the result of honorably doing battle against an evil tree!" Hel went "Trees are inanimate plants you idiot!" and they just keep arguing from there.

The point being, she was clearly a child who didn't actually die in battle, and logically should go to Hel, which Hel was arguing for. She wouldn't be doing that if dwarf children aren't included.
    Last edited by Rrmcklin; 2018-08-04 at 05:37 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Colossus in the Playground

You mean this strip?

That doesn't look like a child to me, small though she is compared to the two gods.

8. - Top - End - #68

Huh, my mistake then.

Still, they have talked as if Hel would get all the dwarves. I have to imagine that if she'd miss out on such a large percentage as children it would have been mentioned (again, unless the kids would go to Hel, because all their parents would).

9. - Top - End - #69

I don't think we'll be told what happens when Kudzu or other Dwarf children die. I suspect the Giant would say we shouldn't worry too much about details that don't matter for the story.
    Boytoy of the -Fan-Club
    What? It's not my fault we don't get a good-aligned female paragon of promiscuity!

I heard Blue is the color of irony on the internet.

I once fought against a dozen people defending a lady - until the mods took me down in the end.
    Want to see my prison tatoo?

*Branded for double posting*
    Sometimes, being bad feels so good.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Huh, my mistake then.

Still, they have talked as if Hel would get all the dwarves. I have to imagine that if she'd miss out on such a large percentage as children it would have been mentioned (again, unless the kids would go to Hel, because all their parents would).
    We got that impression from Hel herself back at the Godsmoot.

11. - Top - End - #71

It occurs to me that there hasn't been much discussion of what happens if Hilgya does tag along with the Order, keeping Kudzu with her.

12. - Top - End - #72

HalflingRogueGuy

It occurs to me that there hasn't been much discussion of what happens if Hilgya does tag along with the Order, keeping Kudzu with her.
    We can probably figure out what will happen.

Redcloak will be upset about the baby.

Xykon will find a murderhobo baby hilarious, and will tell jokes.

Greyview will nod head, get treats.

MiTD will continue to not eat babies.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Why?

Murderhobo baby?
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by brian 333 View Post
    Hilgya might go on her own without the OotS, but I don't see her sitting this one out.
    If only there was another party

- who are high lvl
    - with some connection to the gates
    - Recently lost a cleric
    - Don't have any moral concerns
    - has some beef with members of the OotS.
    Last edited by mig el pig; 2018-08-07 at 07:44 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Not sure why, other than (1) racial antipathy towards dwarves, or (2) generally being a Gloomy Gus style character.
    Or will he view Kudzu as a baby murderhobo, since Kudzu likes to say Tun Unn Deh over and over again?
    Greyview will nod head, get treats.
    And will stay at arm's length to avoid the noogy threat from an enthusiastic baby
    MiTD will continue to not eat babies.
    Because he's a good man.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Yes, but not for being helplessly used as body armour.

Grey Wolf
    To be fair to Kudzu's well, lack of battle prowess but willingness to engage anyway (like a Good Dwarf) he WAS literally trying to Turn Undead as after his mom fought the Vampires.

I highly doubt that Hel is full with spirits of dead children.
    Honestly she kinda seems like the type that she might just not fight for them very hard, because they are so small and didn't live much, so not much energy in turning them into soul bricks.

Quote Originally Posted by mig el pig View Post

- who are high lvl
    - Recently lost a cleric
    Who? The Frost Giants? They were mediocre levels at best.

OG LG? She and Sabine aren't going to do much without the rest of them.

The Mechanae crew? Did their cleric guy die? And they didn't have much to do with the Gates either...

No I have no idea who you are talking about.
    "Besides, you know the saying: Kill one, and you are a murderer. Kill millions, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god." -- Fishman

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

It just occurred to me that MITD's distaste for baby-eating might be foreshadowing Kudzu and she becoming BFFs.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mig el pig View Post

- who are high lvl
    - Recently lost a cleric

But I don't think that the author will make a mostly evil party like the Vector Legion+Hilgya steal the spotlight from the heroes.
    Even if, admitting Laurin and Myron survived at all, it will be clear to them all that the Snarl is not something to laugh at.
    OTOH, I'm pretty sure Tarki is going to reassure them: "No worries, old friends, there are good guys fighting to save the world, they have better chances than us anyway. If we join the crusade, the best we can get is to be killed in some kind of heroic and redeeming sacrifice. More likely, we will be killed unceremoniously to prove that we are arrogant people and that crime doesn't pay."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

It just occurred to me that mig el pig was talking about Vector Legion.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

It just occurred to me that mig el pig was talking about Vector Legion.
    One member of that group is busy putting down an insurrection, and two of the others have decided to tell Tarquin to piss off for a while, as they were getting tired of his 'it's all about me' schtick.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society