New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Banned

Default Re: Coolest fictional fights?

Among my personal favorites I've always wanted to see Madara (naruto) vs Aizen (bleach), through a little tweaked on power levels to make them more even and they get to bring their underlings.

Both have this very elitist attitude that they have to one up their opponent in some way. Like Madara pulling new powers out of his rear every step of the way to overpower his opponents while Aizen slowly reveals how it's all part of his plan and he has been one step ahead this whole time. I imagine the fight just getting more and more ridiculous as each side trades the apparent advantage back and forth slowly killing their allies off until it's a full on Madara vs Aizen fight.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Doctor vs. Doc Brown.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
    The Doctor vs. Doc Brown.
    This is my favorite so far :)

Urameshi Yusuke v Himura Kenshin.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

The best fictional fight scene is the sword fight in the trees in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

No question.

Great movie, too!

Spoiler: CrouchingTigerHiddenDragonFight
    Show
    Last edited by Samba Mentality; 2018-09-06 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tazbot View Post
    I roll to stop Samba Mentality from chattering.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Not favorite full scene per se, but my favorite scene in a fight is from Justice League, actually, when Aquaman and Wonder Woman are trying to restrain Superman, and time slows down as Flash is running in, and then suddenly Supe's eyes move and track him.

That was an AMAZING scene.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

One "MAN"
    Against an army
    Against anoher army

7. - Top - End - #37
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Not favorite full scene per se, but my favorite scene in a fight is from Justice League, actually, when Aquaman and Wonder Woman are trying to restrain Superman, and time slows down as Flash is running in, and then suddenly Supe's eyes move and track him.

That was an AMAZING scene.
    Oh yeah. One of my favorite scenes ever right there.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Jackie Chan versus Shahrukh Khan, in an unused disco. Finally, acrobatic martial arts combined with Bollywood dancing!

To be more serious, Price Zuko versus Roy Mustang. Both Fire Users, one more level headed and the other more impulsive (at least at first, not got to Book 3 yet so this may change), one more versatile with his fire the other more experienced in battle. The nature of their fire powers is different enough (Roy essentially being limited to fireballs, but theoretically being able to use other alchemy) that I think it would be interesting. No, it's not just because one is a prince and the other is named king....
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2018-09-13 at 02:36 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

The bathhouse fight in Eastern Promises. So dope.
    "Like the old proverb says, if one sees something not right, one must draw out his sword to intervene"

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Jackie Chan versus Shahrukh Khan, in an unused disco. Finally, acrobatic martial arts combined with Bollywood dancing!

To be more serious, Price Zuko versus Roy Mustang. Both Fire Users, one more level headed and the other more impulsive (at least at first, not got to Book 3 yet so this may change), one more versatile with his fire the other more experienced in battle. The nature of their fire powers is different enough (Roy essentially being limited to fireballs, but theoretically being able to use other alchemy) that I think it would be interesting. No, it's not just because one is a prince and the other is named king....
    Actually Roy has a lot more going for him than just fireballs. He's career military and is well versed in firearms and hand to hand combat. While his specialty is fire alchemy he has been trained in other types. His fire control is very good (pinpoint accuracy) and when he lets loose its like heavy artillery being used. I mean he killed a immortal being with a freaking LIGHTER. Prince Zuko is good, but Roy is just out of his class.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Actually Roy has a lot more going for him than just fireballs. He's career military and is well versed in firearms and hand to hand combat. While his specialty is fire alchemy he has been trained in other types. His fire control is very good (pinpoint accuracy) and when he lets loose its like heavy artillery being used. I mean he killed a immortal being with a freaking LIGHTER. Prince Zuko is good, but Roy is just out of his class.
    Don't forget that Zuko is also well versed in hand to hand combat as well as firebending (firearms is something he can't match, due to differences in setting). Plus while Roy's fire powers are greater than basic-Zuko, he's roughly on the level of Sozin's Comet Zuko if not weaker, and as his powers actually manipulate the fuel and oxygen to generate/control fire Zuko has a greater advantage in his ability to manipulate any fire on the battlefield.

Also, I don't actually care that the winner is obvious (especially post-series Roy just has too many advantages, but even without that boost he just has to remember to carry freaking chalk*), I think the fight itself would be cool. Zuko's on the back foot, but if he remembers his Uncle's advice and concentrates on the basics he could still put up a good fight.

* Seriously, why doesn't Roy carry chalk? His non-flame alchemy skills are explicitly military level, a few seconds to scribble a basic circle and he can still do stuff if his gloves are damaged.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

12. - Top - End - #42

I'll throw out an old favourite of mine- one of the most beautifully animated fight sequences of all time (in my semi-humble opinion, of course ).

Hmm... as far as matchups that haven't happened... how about an absolute bloodbath in the making? Frank Castle, the Punisher, vs. Mack Bolan, the Executioner. Both going after the same mob boss at the same time, getting in each other's way, and both deciding that a skyscraper full of goombas and wiseguys was acceptable collateral when they got pissed off at one another.

It'd be the kind of damage that you'd get when your PCs have decided that subtlety's no longer an option.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

A good Fictional Fight?
    Basically anything from RWBY (an anime style show about monster hunters)
    There is a lot of awesome weapons, characters, Semblances (basically small abilities), that make rwby so much fun to watch.

(sorry, I didnt realize someone had already said RWBY)
    Last edited by Savoc; 2019-01-09 at 08:52 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Bloodborne's Lady Maria and Gehrman (in his prime, no peg leg) vs Kratos in his God of War 2018 incarnation.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

Narrator and Tyler Durden?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone on this list vs Bugs Bunny
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The overwhelming odds of facing the entirety of Marvel and DC IPs
    Spoiler: against...
    Show
    JOHN...
    CEEEEEEEEENNNNNAAAA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

18. - Top - End - #48

GreataxeFighterGirl

Not "fictional" (as in it did happen in the film) but the staff/weapon fight between Jen Yu and Yu Shu Lien in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

And I guess any fight from IP Man as well.