New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Mountain Leopards: An Adventuring Story

I just realized that the "random" things Botso says when he casts a spell aren't actually random.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am rarely known to pass up an opportunity for gratuitous mythology references :)
    Founder of Exilian, do come and visit:

Other hats include historian of medieval Georgia, folklore/myth nerd, creator of strange monsters like the Wendless Wolls and Afelyn, designer of odd games, & fan of the eclectic. And a green top hat, somewhere.
    Articles I've written: An Unexpected Bestiary (and Part 2 thereof), Realms of Myth: Somalia, Race vs Species, and Dark vs Light morality.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was really hoping to get a new page done this weekend, but I've had a bad tendonitis flare-up this week which has made most work very painful and which I'm only just starting to recover from, so now I'm several days behind with work and the sort of heavy mouse use needed for image editing may still be still a bit of a risk for my hand :( (Have ordered a new mouse which might be more comfortable but that won't come until the middle of next week). I may still be able to get a page finished tomorrow, but it seems unlikely. I just hope the wrist/arm pain eases off more in the coming days.

One could really do with a cleric, some days...

Other hats include historian of medieval Georgia, folklore/myth nerd, creator of strange monsters like the Wendless Wolls and Afelyn, designer of odd games, & fan of the eclectic. And a green top hat, somewhere.
    Articles I've written: An Unexpected Bestiary (and Part 2 thereof), Realms of Myth: Somalia, Race vs Species, and Dark vs Light morality.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Still strugglin with arm pain, but a new comic is nonetheless here :)

Spoiler: Ep 16: Faay, Enchantress
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Has there EVER been a fantasy story where the local "stories to scare kids" were just stories to scare kids?
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    Has there EVER been a fantasy story where the local "stories to scare kids" were just stories to scare kids?
    I don't think so.
    Although there've been ones where the local stories to scare kids have been real, but gross misinterpretations of the truth that make the creatures in question look worse than they really are.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

New comic :)

Spoiler: Ep 17: Spies In All Four Walls
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, this took longer than planned, but the story continues...

Spoiler: Ep 18: Administration of Justice
    Show

Also, new banner on the first page :)
    Last edited by Jubal_Barca; 2019-04-19 at 10:28 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I was starting to think this was dead. Glad it's not.

Despite their hitherto antagonistic role, these soldiers are kinda growing on me.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

I was starting to think this was dead. Glad it's not.

Despite their hitherto antagonistic role, these soldiers are kinda growing on me.
    They should be glad their master isn't Xykon. He would've zombified them for asking those kinds of questions.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm never sure how much I should respond to the commentary or whether I'd end up blabbing too much if I did :) I think I can safely say that the High Priest of Mushtar would find Xykon's "crush all in your path and zombify those who disagree" approach somewhat distastefully vulgar, though...

And another update!

Spoiler: Ep 19: The Beard Helped, Though
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Checking in to say I'm still alive, I've been scriptwriting a bit but not doing much art - I'm currently doing a very, very intensive language learning course in Georgian, it's going well but not leaving a lot of time left over. On the plus side, I'm finally going to be able to read some of the source material for ideas in this comic in the original at some point! :)

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

New page :)

Spoiler: Ep 20: Baggage Handling
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So... Botso's the only one who's meta-aware because he's a cleric, right? Would that make his deity... you?
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

So... Botso's the only one who's meta-aware because he's a cleric, right? Would that make his deity... you?
    I've not considered where I fit into the cosmology in depth, it's something I've really just used to make meta-jokes (and whilst I'll keep doing that, meta stuff isn't a huge part of the plot I have planned for this). I can confirm that Otarid and myself are not meant to be the same character in this story, though Otarid does act a bit like I would if I was a planet-deity, I guess :)

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Ep 21: Hystrix indications
    Show

Sorry these are so slow. By my reckoning at the current strips-per-year rate of progress it'll take me about twenty-five years to finish this story, so I hope I can speed up at some point...
    Last edited by Jubal_Barca; 2019-06-25 at 11:57 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

New comic - which marks about a year of me doing these, so at least I've managed not to give up in that time! Though I might've hoped to be further along with it all...

Spoiler: Ep 22: Appropriately spiky
    Show

As a side note, last month I finally went to the country upon whose mythology this comic is largely based. If anyone's interested, I wrote a travelogue about it including observations on history, mythology, and food among other things, which you can find and read here.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Congratulations on your travel, your safe return, and your comic's longevity!
    By Shoreward.

Spoiler: My RPG title, somehow.
    Show

{]GNU Terry Pratchett.[}

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ech, that was a longer break than planned. This one's taken ages and I'm still not all that happy with it, but anyway - new update at last!

Spoiler: Ep 23: Meat Shields
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

New comic, hope you like it:

Spoiler: Ep 24: Shields Meet
    Show

Feedback welcome as ever!

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

If your feet are cold, maybe you should try wearing shoes.

(I mean, I'm sure she is wearing shoes, but it's hard to be certain with stick figures).
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Wow, a new-format comic. I'm impressed! Moreso that this story is continuing, looking forward to more!
    By Shoreward.

Show

{]GNU Terry Pratchett.[}

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Merry Christmas, have a new comic to read :)

Spoiler: Ep 25: Cracks Opening
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'm consistently unable to load this page beyond a bit of the top row of panels.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I'm consistently unable to load this page beyond a bit of the top row of panels.
    Neither am I. And linking the image to a new page does the same thing.
    By Shoreward.

Show

{]GNU Terry Pratchett.[}

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ooops - I guess the upload messed up somehow. I've re-uploaded it so hopefully you can see it now?

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I can see it now, yeah.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Firbolg in the Playground

I am enjoying this comic so far
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Ep 26: Should've Toad The Line
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Portal cut. Ouch.
    Show