New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Is there a way to abuse this, like, super hard?

From this homebrew. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-t-let-go-quot
    Yes, I'm asking how to abuse text within homebrew. If that's a moral evil that you refuse partake in, have fun in your life.
    Basically it's a class for an intelligent weapon character.

You are a cursed weapon! When a creature picks you up, you may attach yourself to them as a Supernatural effect. Now, until they die, they cannot get rid of you. If they throw you away, you simply reappear in their hand, or sheathed on their belt, or in their backpack or something. If they try to draw another weapon, they accidentally draw you instead, even if it would otherwise be physically impossible for them to. No one else can be considered your wielder, or to have you in their possession.
    First thing I thought of was "This is basically the Returning enchantment. That's cool."
    Would this also imply that the wielder can hide a dagger in their sleeve, as you (the gargantuan hammer) sleep in their backpack outside of town....and then they draw the dagger, pulling you instead, and crush the king under your weight?

Does anything else stand out to you?
    Last edited by SangoProduction; 2018-08-18 at 10:00 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Is there a way to abuse this, like, super hard?

I think the curse itself keeps you from being in another town as your wielder.

Light the lamp not the rat LIGHT THE LAMP NOT THE RAT!!!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah. Probably.
    But is there any way to make the 'draw this weapon, even if you were to draw another weapon' useful?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

even if it would otherwise be physically impossible for them to.
    Ghost touch, in some niche situations?

If they throw you away, you simply reappear in their hand, or sheathed on their belt, or in their backpack or something.
    Weaponshift it into a gauntlet, problem solved :P (sor1, min/lvl, from spell comp; make a permanent magic item of it?)

If they try to draw another weapon, they accidentally draw you instead
    How's that work with dual wielding? Depending on the answer, I can imagine some rather frustrated or delighted thri-kreen (i.e. only needing 1 'greater magic weapon' casting).

What about a comic book artist? Would any weapon they illustrate look like this weapon? Can someone without any artistic talent still draw it accurately?

I assume natural weapon users (i.e. monks) don't need to worry too much. Speaking of which...

When a creature picks you up...You cannot voluntarily break your own curse.
    Hahahaha, polymorph your special mount / druid pet / familiar / pet rock / some random rust monster into a person to trick the curse...

however, your owner is completely incapable of harming you with their own actions.
    ...then again, that might be a bit cruel to the rust monster.

If you polymorphed the weapon into into a person / familiar / druid pet / etc., would they be indestructible? This would be about 20% less hilarious awkward with a monk wielder. What about a wall / structure / etc.?

Also, polymorphing it and (artistically) drawing another weapon could be interesting.

In any event, I know my next character's backstory.

No one else can be considered your wielder, or to have you in their possession.
    Does this imply that the wielder cannot be possessed (i.e. demonic possession, slavery, etc.), since the weapon would belong to someone else (by proxy)?
    Last edited by Shalist; 2018-08-19 at 01:04 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Iaijutsu focus springs to mind as a bonus from drawing a weapon. Equip a gnomish quickrazor and you don't need the Quick Draw feat for it. As you mentioned, throwing is now a viable strategy, so Bloodstorm Blade might be useful, especially since you don't have to bother using its methods of making it return.
    Kolyarut Avatar by Potatocubed.
    Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Only playing Tier 1s is like only eating in five-star restaurants [...] sometimes I just want a cheeseburger and some frogurt. Why limit yourself?
    Awards