New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2: Definitive Edition

It was actually kind of funny. I ended up with a strange whirlpool of fire lag in the fight to kill Gareths buddy.

The Oil Voidspawn appeared and we ended up with a massive field of cursed oil that got ignited during the fight. Leading to a massive field of cursed fire....

Only because I bluffed my way past the guards, one of the primordial Voidspawn went over to kill them instead. So in order to get off our platform. We double blessed the fire. Creating Blessed fire. Which spread out from that point to then engulf the Voidspawn which hurt them, which unblessed and cursed the fire. Which flowed out from there.

Which lead to the holy fire expanding into the Necroflame and vis versa in a loop that took ages to resolve and froze the game, but looked awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Geez, I enter chapter 4 now and after the rebuild, damn does the gameplay flow suddenly. My "healer" became a pure DPS hydromancer now since I have accepted the futility of focussing on healing infights. Ifan became a tad sturdier and got summons to distract from his frail body (make no mistake he is still the first to die), and Beast focusses on Warfare now with utility borrowed from Aeromancy. Red Prince still has the setup of Warfare/Geomancy. I planned on going Pyro because of Phoenix Dive but apparently that is a Warfare skill.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Geez, I enter chapter 4 now and after the rebuild, damn does the gameplay flow suddenly. My "healer" became a pure DPS hydromancer now since I have accepted the futility of focussing on healing infights. Ifan became a tad sturdier and got summons to distract from his frail body (make no mistake he is still the first to die), and Beast focusses on Warfare now with utility borrowed from Aeromancy. Red Prince still has the setup of Warfare/Geomancy. I planned on going Pyro because of Phoenix Dive but apparently that is a Warfare skill.
    This sounds very similar to my first playthrough. I used the same characters and the same builds, except I had Ifan as a dagger rogue instead of an archer/summoner.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    This sounds very similar to my first playthrough. I used the same characters and the same builds, except I had Ifan as a dagger rogue instead of an archer/summoner.
    It even feels a bit cheap but usually my hydromancer goes first, punches through magic armor and freezes 1-3 targets (with Ice Fan and Hail Strike, you trigger 6x Chilling, which usually is enough to freeze everybody).

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

It even feels a bit cheap but usually my hydromancer goes first, punches through magic armor and freezes 1-3 targets (with Ice Fan and Hail Strike, you trigger 6x Chilling, which usually is enough to freeze everybody).
    They both require 3 AP, right?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

6. - Top - End - #216
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
    Typically you'd move your character on water so they cost 2 each. Which is why basically every caster wants elemental affinity+the pawn.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2019-04-09 at 05:00 AM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

4 AP + elf (+1AP, +10% dmg), + adrenaline (2 AP) = 7 AP. so I usually can move into position, and cast both without pawn as the rest of my talents is used for Hot-Head, Savage Sortilege and Executioner (which negates Pawn anyway).

8. - Top - End - #218
    Banned

4 AP + elf (+1AP, +10% dmg), + adrenaline (2 AP) = 7 AP. so I usually can move into position, and cast both without pawn as the rest of my talents is used for Hot-Head, Savage Sortilege and Executioner (which negates Pawn anyway).
    I assumed you were using Lohse for some reason. Yeah the elf racial negates the need for the pawn in a lot of builds. Not that it's not still good.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

I assumed you were using Lohse for some reason. Yeah the elf racial negates the need for the pawn in a lot of builds. Not that it's not still good.
    Was considering it but the mad ramblings where too annoying to me. I will do a "chick-flick" playthrough with both girls, a female MC tank and probs Ifan as rogue afterwards.

Just to poke fun at the lack of romance options, it will be exactly like a chick-flick only with loads more murder. Tank will probs be warfare/necro, Sebille will be the frosty 'female dog', Lohse might go pyromancer (madness and burning go so well together and Ifan will not be the charming rural boy at all.
    Last edited by Spore; 2019-04-09 at 06:58 AM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Just to poke fun at the lack of romance options
    The... lack... of romance options...?

I mean, I was using Lohse on my playthrough and there was... sex with Fane... *thousand yard stare* and I'm pretty sure Red Prince was an option which I didn't explore (in addition to Sebille's actual romance) and, frankly, Fane got the most action throughout the game, which was... Slightly disturbing.

I mean, I sort of got the impression that at least Ifann might have been an option, and I would be surprised if Beast was excluded (no, a check indicates all origin characters are options for anyone) and so, I'm not sure how "you can literally romance anyone in the party" can qualify as... a lack of options...?

Frankly, I'm not sure, speaking as a Lich, that at least one of those options was one more than was strictly necessary.

*thousand yard stare*

*eyeglow twitch*

*eyeglow twitch*

*shudder*

Also, fair warning? If all the...culminations... are like the one I played through, D:OS2 manages to be way more explict than, say Witcher 3, without the least bit of nudity.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-04-09 at 07:41 AM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I honestly didn't know there were romance options in this game until I saw it on here.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

After the Nameless Isle, you have the option to invite any companion to spend some, ah, personal time with you. If you've been doing their quests and generally being nice to them, they will accept, otherwise they will brush you off. After that the game will treat you as romantically involved, and they'll have a few dialogue changes to suggest that they have plans with you once the stave off the apocalypse.

You can also flirt with a few companions (ifan and Lohse come to mind) before then, but I don't believe it specifically affects anything beyond just being positive attention.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2019-04-09 at 08:58 AM.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Typically you'd move your character on water so they cost 2 each. Which is why basically every caster wants elemental affinity+the pawn.
    Doesn't that require there to be water in advance, or can you usually cast rain before the battle begins?

Basically every caster? Necromancer and Hydrosophist obviously, poison seems good for undeads unless it's set on fire, but oil, fire and I guess electrified water all seem pretty awkward.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.

Extended signature

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Doesn't that require there to be water in advance, or can you usually cast rain before the battle begins?

Basically every caster? Necromancer and Hydrosophist obviously, poison seems good for undeads unless it's set on fire, but oil, fire and I guess electrified water all seem pretty awkward.
    Mages with high magic armor don't worry about surfaces so much, especially if you make an effort to give them resistance to their favored element. Oil can be annoying for geomancers, but if you position yourself well they don't need to move that much, and anything that wants to close to melee with you is going to have a bad time. More problematic is when your oil and poison combust and take away your elemental affinity bonus.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

15. - Top - End - #225
    Banned

I can't speak for Sporeegg but my hydrophist's first turn usually goes something like
    rain (3 ap left and makes enemies take more water damage and easier to freeze)
    walk to puddle (still 3 ap)
    adrenaline (5 ap)
    ice fan (3 ap left),
    hail (1 ap left),
    global cooling. Everything is frozen, enemies that aren't stunned have a chance to slip.

When they unfreeze I'll hit them with aero spells. The first one will electrify the water and give me that bonus too.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

My team would usually just sidle up to just out of combat initiation range and then liberally coat every surface with water and/or blood before wading in.

Also, if you get all OCD about picking up oil barrels (that oil-barrel maker you find? I blized everywhere for empty barrels and used magic pockets to load the Lady Vengeance's rear room four-high, most of which I never used) you can have some enormous fun occasionally with TK (I didn't spend any points, but like the first game, I carefulyl squirreled away a set of items to swap to for certain skills).
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-04-09 at 10:00 AM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    The... lack... of romance options...?

I mean, I was using Lohse on my playthrough and there was... sex with Fane... *thousand yard stare* and I'm pretty sure Red Prince was an option which I didn't explore (in addition to Sebille's actual romance) and, frankly, Fane got the most action throughout the game, which was... Slightly disturbing.

I mean, I sort of got the impression that at least Ifann might have been an option, and I would be surprised if Beast was excluded (no, a check indicates all origin characters are options for anyone) and so, I'm not sure how "you can literally romance anyone in the party" can qualify as... a lack of options...?

Also, fair warning? If all the...culminations... are like the one I played through, D:OS2 manages to be way more explict than, say Witcher 3, without the least bit of nudity.
    So Fane is hust Shädman* confirmed?

*Said artist is known for having a sekelton man avatar and drawing lewd pics of anything. I do not hold responsibility for emotional damage caused by googling anything linked to him

18. - Top - End - #228
    Banned

I like RPGs and turn-based fights, but I have never been able to hang on to this game. I would prefer to control only my character during the fighting.
    Every time I play, I leave a part and I always stop at the same places 2 hours later. There is a lot of interesting things in this game, unfortunately it does not hang on me.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by avensis View Post
    I like RPGs and turn-based fights, but I have never been able to hang on to this game. I would prefer to control only my character during the fighting.
    And have your allies controlled by the computer? That sounds dreadful.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature