New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den XIV

Anri stares dumbfounded at Violet. Oh come on! She’s not even in the same city!
    ”I was drinking and enjoying myself.” she says flatly, trying not to look at the blood.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jesus you do have a stick up your ass. What is that, regular wine? Violet goes to pick up the drink to look at it, but won't be particularly thrown off if that doesn't work. AY! CAN WE GET A GLASS OF UH... MUSHROOM WINE WITH SOME SANNISH? YEAH, TIP THE SANNISH IN THE WINE. Violet yells to the bartender. He isn't even that far away. This is the best bar in this city for 2 reasons. 1 is the knife fights. She waves the still very bloody knife by way of demonstration, before using it to cut up her redflower leaves. 2... The bartender arrives with the drink, looking at the pair expectantly. She'll pay for it. 2 is the menu. Best array of drugs in the city. She takes her now sliced redflower leaves and drops them into her flaming drink. The bartender watches it, before looking at Anri with a raised eyebrow.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Anri looks pleadingly at the bartender for a moment, as if asking to be saved from this torment. Then her face hardens again.
    ”I ain’t paying for anything that I’m not drinking.” she says irritably.
    ”And you can’t have a stick up something you don’t have.” She raps the side of her metal carapace with her knuckles.

4. - Top - End - #304

Violet rolls her eyes at Anri. Put it on my tab. Name's Nigel. She tells the bartender, who also rolls his eyes, but does it anyway. There, it's <forging> free now. She says, sliding the deep purple liquid over to Anri. Working theory is you got that ass to store more sticks. Or maybe a larger stick or whatever. There were the makings of a good insult there. She really looks at her drink for the first time.

Show

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Anri rolls her eyes.
    ”No, I got this because I was run over by a speeder and then kidnapped by a lunatic. Now, I don’t drink things if I don’t know what they are. So how about you leave me alone, Whatever Your Real Name Is?”

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Well, alright then, you dam pumpkin!"

"Me? Join a fight as if it were a ball game? You must be joking."

The guy, totally taken in by the drunken-scarecrow act, comes at Jack with a roundhouse punch.
    Jack shrugs. "Suit yerself."

Jack sways out of the way, and tries to punch the man in the gut with surprising speed and precision while he's left himself open.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

7. - Top - End - #307

Violet casts a glance back at the bartender to make sure he isn't paying attention to them (he isn't, he has actual work to do) Keep it down idiot I don't wanna pay for that either. She says. It's sannish and mushroom wine - aren't you paying attention? <Shot>'s dope. Mushroom wine gives you like light hallucinations, just enough to feel it, and the sannish feels dope. Violet finally decides to try drinking her firewine. SON OF A BITCH. She says as she burns her mouth on the top of the wine. <French> me I wish I didn't do that. She says, rubbing her mouth with her hand. It did taste ok, in fairness. Plus she's a bit more wired now so that's nice.

Show

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

"I have no idea what Sannish is." Anri grumbles.
    Then she hiccups! Violet should find herself spitting her drink back into the glass, and her mouth being healed.

9. - Top - End - #309

Violet coughs and splutters as she spits her drink back into her glass, then stares at Anri suspiciously. Did you do that <shell>? She asks her, before feeling around her mouth. Her glare gets a little less aggressive as she notices that her mouth doesn't hurt so bad. Issat magic? She adds, jabbing at her gums with a finger.

Show

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Anri blinks.
    "It was definitely magic, but it wasn't me. Do you have some blessing or somesuch?" she asks, looking around.

11. - Top - End - #311

Don't gimme that <shy>. It was you! Violet looks at her with suspicion while going back in her mind through the last couple seconds. Then a sly grin comes across her face. I wish you'd drink that. She says, pointing to the rich purple drink she got for the mecha-drider. She waits expectantly.

Show

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Anri raises an eyebrow at her.
    Looks at the drink.
    "Screw it, if you're not going to leave I'm going to need it." she says, and takes a single long pull of the drink.

13. - Top - End - #313

Heeeeell yeah, it works. Violet says. Anri will experience an intense feeling of euphoria, paired with mild hallucinations of strange colours playing across the bar. It rules a lot! Drugs are cool kids. Ok ok uh... She's thinking hard. I wish I could <freakin'>.... fly, and that I was way stronger and quicker.

Show

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Anri hiccups, and Violet might find herself picked up by the universe, chewed up and spat back out.
    As something faster! Stronger! Winged!
    Unfortunately that stronger, faster, winged thing is a somewhat small, pastel-purple pegasus. Small for an equine at least. Mercifully wearing a similar outfit to her old one, but good luck getting to those pockets now. Or getting it off, really.
    Anri grins manically.
    ”That’s a good look for you. You should keep it.” she giggles.

15. - Top - End - #315

What the fu- is all Violet says before she starts... changing. She starts glowing, flashing various pastel colours as she lifts into the air, beginning to spin as a tune begins to play.

After an extended transformation sequence (which probably looks completely rad when you're high on mushroom wine and sannish) she's left standing next to Anri as a pegasus. She stares down at her own body, before looking at Anri with rage in her eyes. WHAT THE BUCK DID YOU DO?! FIX IT. I WISH I WAS A BUCKING HUMAN AGAIN! BUCKING... FIX THIS SADDLE! As she shouts she flies up toward Anri, using the wings like she was born with them, getting up in her face. AND WHY THE BUCK CAN'T I SWEAR???

Show

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Man, Anri is way too high for this right now. She hiccups, but nothing happens. She looks around with a dazed look in her eyes.
    ”Hrm. Looks like you only get three. Oh that makes sense. My ancestor was something that might have been a djinni. Yeah, that would make sense. Yeah, sorry then, three wishes is like, the rule. And I can’t even control it so like, if it’s not happening it’s not happening. But it’s fiiiiine. We can be friends now.” she giggles, watching to see if the word provokes a response.
    ”And everyone knows ponies are too cute and wholesome to curse. Except the ones from gritty crossover worlds.”
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2019-06-03 at 08:54 AM.

17. - Top - End - #317

I'D LOVE TO BE YOUR BUCKING FRIEND! Violet screams at her, before looking shocked. WHAT THE BUCK WAS THAT? She looks around the bar wildly, before refocusing on Anri. SOLGATH! RUIN THIS SPIDER-LOOKING MOTHERBUCKER!

Show

18. - Top - End - #318
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Jack shrugs. "Suit yerself."

Jack sways out of the way, and tries to punch the man in the gut with surprising speed and precision while he's left himself open.
    The tough guy lets out an audible 'oof' and stumbles back. That pumpkin is faster than he shoulda been...
    He grabs a bottle off the table behind him and swings it crosswise at Jack.

At the bat, Telue sighs and takes a long sip from her drink.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #319
    Bugbear in the Playground

((God-mod allowed.))

A voice echoes through the Den as Violet utters her curse. "Enjoy, your victims suffering will be great."

What looks like a floating bubble of grey ink manifests above Anri and from it a dozen of black and dark red tendrils emerge which quickly wrap themselves around her body to hold her into place. Then whatever liquid that floating bubble is made up of starts to run down along the tendrils and onto the mech-drider, coloring her skin grey and causing it to bubble like water in a pot.
    Feeling her flesh starting to morph and change brings such excruciating pain to the poor woman that she might just pass out on the spot as this quickly becomes too much to handle.

But regardless if she passes out or not, her entire body, including the lower metal part, is soon drenched in the liquid and she will feel the sensation of drowning. Mercifully, what happens next comes quick enough that she won't feel the sensation for long as her body's changes increase in pace. She is growing visibly larger even underneath all that liquid though what exactly the end results might be hard to guess as the liquid starts to stiffen into some kind of cocoon around her now as the tendrils retreat back from whence they came and the bubble blinks out of existence as suddenly as it appeared.

One of the goblin waitresses that must have been watching everything unfolding comes by their table and looks at the cocoon. "I'm gonna guess she can't pay the tab no-more." A beat as she turns to Violet. "That means you're paying for her, horse-butt." The waitress remarks as she gestures at the bartender in the background, or wait, its the sign behind him.

KILLER PAYS VICTIMS TAB

Anri, who isn't actually dead, will be able to emerge from her cocoon once her consciousness returns. Whenever that happens is up to her player.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-06-07 at 06:36 AM.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

Anri screams as she’s caught, and her delicate constitution makes her quickly lose consciousness. She doesn’t feel anything that happens to her after the skin-bubbling part, and that’s probably good for her as it would be both excruciatingly painful as well as likely embarrassing.

Still, she doesn’t emerge from the cocoon just yet. She might not for a short while. Just enough time for Violet to pay the tab.

21. - Top - End - #321

Yeah hahaha, laugh it up. Violet says, as her moment of vengeance is ruined by the intrusion of the bartender. She trots over to her stuff, trying to figure out how to pick up her money. Can these hooves just... oh, well there you go. She sort of just... picks up enough money to pay for Anri's wine, the cash sticking to her hoof as she flies back over to the bartender (hard to walk like this) and drops the money on the bar. Hey, Solgath! I was supposed to get powers or something, right? Violet yells into the air as she flies.

Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Bugbear in the Playground

The goblin grabs one of the coins Violet hands over, bites into it as if to see if it was real. Satisfied, she takes the rest of the coins and shrugs. "Enjoy your drinks, m'am." Then Violet is left alone once more.

Well, almost alone as a disembodied voice replies to her. "Indeed. But I'm afraid nothing particularly useful can be harvested out of this wretch. Still, here is what I managed to get." A small energy orb shimmering in the same color as Anri's hair appear floating in the air before Violet. "The power to grant a single lesser wish to someone else like she just did. Touch it, or make someone else do it, and that power will be yours. However, I did enjoy that so I will also grant you another curse to use under the same conditions. Enjoy." Then the disembodied voice falls silent once more.

23. - Top - End - #323

Violet touches the orb, taking the power for herself. She's not about to get bucked over by someone else with wish powers. Dope. Catch you next time. She says to the empty air, before taking her seat again and trying some more firewine. It's got a kick to it but once you get past the initial heat it's actually pretty nice.

Show

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Violet might find that while she can still enjoy her liquor, it’s just not the same. Like it’s missing something...

Violet’s drink is maybe half gone when the cocoon starts to rip and tear. After some fuss and what sounds like cutting...Anri(?) emerges from the cocoon.
    At least she still sort of looks like herself. She still has four little black horns crowning her brow, but almost everything else but her general shape seems different. For one, her humanoid section is now a little taller than a human’s, and her spider half has swollen to match, or perhaps even slightly surpass it. Anri now looks like she was modeled after a beautiful gray-skinned drow, but looks...artificial. Like she’s more of an android meant to look like one. Lines along her body glow with a soft magical light, as do her eyes. She’s also lost her clothes, which isn’t really a problem as her chassis doesn’t have enough detail to make it inappropriate.
    Her lower half is even stranger. It now matches her upper half in material and color. Gray, softly glowing, but perhaps there’s still some elegance to it. What doesn’t match is that along the sides of it she has sprouted a number of spigots complete with taps and other useful pieces of equipment.

Anri panics. She feels like her heart should be racing, her breathing should be labored from fear, but she finds that she not only isn’t doing either, she can’t. She doesn’t have lungs, just a gray chassis full of parts.
    Anri screams, her voice now sounding almost echoing.

25. - Top - End - #325

Celestia, calm down. Violet says, knocking back the last of her firewine (she's a fast drinker). You turned me into a dumb horse and I didn't freak out this much. She spots the taps on her side and her mind starts calculating. Hey do those things... She flies over, putting her now empty glass under the spigot and tries to work the tap.

Show

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Violet will find that Anri’s taps immediately show all the things that she’s really craving.
    Namely, Lightning Fizz Pop, Berry Blast, Storm Supreme Soda, and a host of other wholesome, sugary soft drinks. And one that appears to dispense soft serve ice cream.
    And yes, they do function when pulled.

Anri finds herself unable to stop Violet from working the taps, and worse, instead of the rebuttal she wants to give she instead finds herself giving a canned line of ”Enjoy!” At least she can still sound smug about it. Especially since-
    Ding! A little number pops up next to the taps on a tiny panel like a cash register.
    ”I’m sorry, this establishment hasn’t given me permission to free my taps, that’ll be [exact price of what Violet took at the BDD].” Anri is simultaneously horrified but still getting some satisfaction from serving a customer (and making this particular one pay in every way she can).

27. - Top - End - #327

Hellllll yeah that's the good stuff. Violet says, apparently now enjoying sugary drinks. Hey if that's what gets her rocks off now she's down. Hopefully something's gonna get her drunk still. Y'know I like you better like this spiderrump. Violet says, very happily paying for her drink. Do you got any horse drugs on this thing? I wish you had horse drugs on tap. She says, apparently hoping that whatever happened to Anri reset her wishes.

Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The tough guy lets out an audible 'oof' and stumbles back. That pumpkin is faster than he shoulda been...
    He grabs a bottle off the table behind him and swings it crosswise at Jack.

At the bat, Telue sighs and takes a long sip from her drink.
    Jack tips away from the bottle, barely avoiding the hit. He follows this up by grabbing a stool and feinting to the side before swinging it down. Though, as per usual, Jack's face shows no emotion, one gets the feeling that he's enjoying this bar fight.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

A little drawer pops out of Anri’s spider chassis to take the money, which instantly appears on the counter of the bar for the staff.

Anri finds her filters dropped as Violet asks something that isn’t in her parameters.
    ”No, but feel free to find some so you can go die in some alley. Or go and make lots of friends so you can pet puppies and eat ice cream cake together while singing songs. How about I play one for you?” she hisses. She hates Violet so much right now, but for some reason she can’t bring herself to leave just yet.

This is around the time Anri looks down and realized that she’s been given a new look both in body type and in fashion, and with a swear she puts an arm around her (sadly artificial) chest despite it not having any details. She would blush if she had blood. But sadly she does not.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2019-06-07 at 07:03 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330

Hey y'know that doesn't sound half bad. Violet says, surprising herself by meaning it. Damn she could go for an ice cream cake. I figure we're about even now, right friend? She meant to say it sarcastically but it doesn't come out like that. Why don't you and me go shopping together huh? We'll get you some clothes, get me some of that buckin' ice cream cake, it'll be a party. Maybe you can find someone to really tweak your taps. She punctuates the last sentence by pouring herself another Berry Blast from Anri's side, money at the ready.

Show