New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den XIV

The farmhand grunts with the blow and psychically lashes out again, punching at Violet at the same time.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Upon getting his whiskey, Oliver carefully pours it into the shot glasses, and tips one back. What is he up to?

He watches the fight going on, a look of amusement on his face. Maybe the fight not involving him isn't such a bad thing.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

The psychic attack staggers Violet just enough to stop her from dodging the punch, which sends her sprawling backward into another patron, dropping the stool. The minotaur - of course she didn't crash into someone small and unassuming - seems to take umbrage with her, but Violet couldn't care less. Blow it out your ass. She tells him, seizing his pint of beer and pitching it at the farmhand's head. He rises to grab her but is quickly decked across the face by another nearby patron who has been getting a bit itchy with the fight going on without being able to join in. A group of dwarves (already a rude word away from descending into a brawl at the best of times) start swinging at each other and half the den descends into a bar fight.

A little earlier than usual, but Violet does tend to have a destructive influence on the mood of any bar she drinks in.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

The farmhand ducks under the flying glass, leaving it sailing through the air toward Oliver. He then grabs another nearby stool and throws it at Violet.

My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Oliver narrowly manages to avoid the bottle, and his amusement turns to a scowl. He grabs his heavy whiskey bottle and starts trying to use the bar fight to blend in and sneak up behind the farmhand. It's like he'd been planning this from the beginning.

6. - Top - End - #96

Violet raises her arms to block the stool, grunting as it slams into her upraised arms. It doesn't look like it's slowed her down any - she charges the farmhand, and at the last second launches herself into the air, trying to dropkick him.

Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

The farmhand is tricky, trying to grab Violet by the extended leg and throw her at Oliver. It's almost like he knew Oliver was coming without looking.

My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #98

The farmhand will probably get kicked in the chest trying to grab Violet but she's certainly in no position to stop him.

Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground

A tall woman enters the BDD, looks around, and then waits for a server after sitting. She has long shimmery wings and pale blue eyes.

When asked what she wants, she asks for time to look through the menu. After looking across the room a few more times, she finally decides and asks for a Poisonbite Cocktail.

"Thanks," she says, smiling.

Her name's Cerridwen, she tells the server, in case they need to call it out for her drink.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

The server today is Raril, stepping out from behind the bar to deliver the drink.

"Here you are, Miss Cerridwen." The drow says, placing the glass down in front of her.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

11. - Top - End - #101

"Thank you," the fairy says.

She smiles at the drow.

She doesn't drink it yet. Even if there's any doubt that kind of poison would affect her, why would she drink it? Poison isn't a normal thing people drink. No, she's waiting for someone to offer to drink with her.

Cerridwen, instead, decides to ask Raril something to pass the time. It's a very important question. "How often do you see fights break out here? I'm worried because I'm not one for fighting, but I've been asked to wait for someone."

She looks maybe a little worried? Possibly?
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

"Fights?" Raril looks over at the current altercation as if seeing it for the first time. "About as often as Trog's I suppose, maybe a little less. We used to have a bouncer... don't know what happened to them." The drow frowns, concerned, but shrugs it off. "I'll have to hire someone else."

Seeing she hasn't started drinking Raril asks. "May I join you? I think it would be rude to leave a lady drinking alone."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Seeing Violet fly toward him, he steps to the side, but not quite fast enough. He's clipped by her, and falls on the ground, bottle still in hand. Pushing himself up, he abandons any attempt at sneaking, instead electing to rush at the farmhand, bottle raised over his head.

14. - Top - End - #104

The large fae nods. Too bad, fewer fights than she had wanted.

And.

She probably should have started out with something that's not poisonous, especially if this elf wants to drink with her.

She appraises him...and decides he's not as delichandsome as some of the others here. But...if the opportunity comes up...?

"Go ahead," she replies, "I appreciate it."

She wraps her hand around her drink, and then asks, "So what will you be drinking, if I may ask?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril slides into a chair across from the fae woman. "I would join you in a poisonbite, but I've got to stay sharp. Maybe later in the night. There's going to be a bit of a party here, for the folks who survived a recent disaster Inside. I will have some spiderblood wine, though. Still dangerous, but less likely to knock me on my back." He allows.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

16. - Top - End - #106

The Fairy Cerridwen listens to what the drow says about his drink - and, more interestingly - the party.

That would probably be very interesting to attend, so long as she doesn't drink too much now or grows too weak. In the spirit of drinking, she drinks (for now) a small sip of the drink. "This is a bit stronger than I anticipated," she says.

After setting the drink down, she asks about what Raril said, hoping to learn more about the party: "What sort of disaster? Was it more apocalyptic, or was it more natural? Forgive me for asking, but there seems to be a wide variety of disasters that can happen here."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril frowns. "Oh let me get you something different, then, if you'd like? We can share the bottle of wine, perhaps?" He suggests.

As for the disaster, "It wasn't natural, but it wasn't quite apocalyptic, either. A large section of the city was turned into some sort of... fighting ground for these other-dimensional beings called Cherubs. They're a sort of Empyrean? I'm not sure what that means, to be honest. I think they're related to the Old Ones. Anyways, a lot of people got caught in their crossfire, and whole sections of the city got sucked out of our plane and into theirs. I almost got trapped in it myself, if it weren't for my wife, I don't know if I'd have gotten out in time. I could feel the air changing, though. Knew it was time to make a break for it. Blasted four-headed thing was blocking our path out and I got separated from my party. It was a mess." The drow shakes his head. "I wanted to give something back to the people who lost their homes and families, and to those who helped them in the aftermath. So free food and drink. It's a small thing for us to do here at the Den."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

18. - Top - End - #108

Oh hey look, there's Zee.

In her usual outfit this time rather than her pajamas. Epic battles in pajamas aren't recommended, as far as she's concerned. It ruins the pajamas AND they offer very little protection. Not that her wholly mundane street cloths offer any additional protection, but at least she has spare outfits in case they get shredded. Which they do. Regularly.

She pauses briefly when she spots the fight that's...

Going on?

Kind of?

She waves a hand around between Violet and the farmhand. Maybe dead time isn't so dead after all?

Now, the next thing she spots? Why, it's Raril! Sitting with a fairy of some kind! A Dreamheart sort of fairy?

Golly, she sure hopes it isn't.

Thankfully the Nexus is populated with all sorts of things that call themselves fairies that aren't born of primordial formless creative potential that eternally writhes and roils below the foundation of reality.

Zee walks up behind Raril's chair, drapes her arms over her husband's shoulders, and leans down to rest her chin on top of his head. "Pssssst. Did you make a new friend?" she stage-whispers in a sufficiently conspiratorial tone.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Bar Fight
    The farmhand chuckles darkly. "If I can't take hers,.I'll take yours instead." Oliver will feel a psychic force tearing at his mind, attempting to leech away his memories. Such an affliction would wear.off with time, but, if successful, would be quite debilitating in the short run.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-11-29 at 10:26 PM.

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #110

Bar Fight!

Violet stumbles to her feet a little groggily, grinning like a maniac. She lays out a nearby elf with a right hook, before picking up another bar stool and breaking it over his back while he's down.

She's not... not too concerned over who she's fighting right now.

Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril looks up at his wife and smiles. "Something like that." He reaches up to squeeze her hand and then gestures to a nearby seat. "Care to join us? This is Cerridwen. I was just telling her about that big fight we just went through."

More quietly, the drow says to Zee. "How are you feeling? I know you're exhausted. Can I get you something to eat or drink?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

VwooorpVwoorpVwooorp

When the noise fades, there's somebody standing on a table. They're a young man, rather scruffy looking at that. He's tanned, with brown hair and blue eyes. He's about twenty three or four, with a scruffy beard and he's wearing a battered pair of jeans and a black t-shirt with a bar emblazoned on it, half-filled with white and the word 'Loading' underneath. He's got a satchel over his shoulder and he's holding a red-and-white sphere, from which he summons a spindly plant with two big green leaves and a huge yellow bell-shaped head. That done, the young man looks down at his body to make sure he's all here, and quickly checks to make sure he's still a he- those aliens referred to him as a 'human female', so he wants to make sure the teleporter didn't mess up there.

"This... Isn't my flat. Those aliens... Well, at least I can now buy a car for cheap." Alfred climbs off the table and looks around. "Is there an elf lady around, or did she get teleported somewhere else? I hope she didn't wind up in my flat. That'd be embarrassing, since it's locked and I don't have a spare key." Also, it's a mess.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Bar Fight!

Oliver reels back, feeling the force tear at his mind. The farmhand gets a few flashes of memories before Oliver manages to protect his mind. He gets a bank heist, Oliver sipping coffee across from an old GLoG member, and Oliver petting a cat. Some memories are more important than others.

In the physical world, Oliver grits his teeth and keeps running toward the farmhand. When he gets to him, he'll do what he's been trying to do with that heavy bottle and smash it over the farmhand's head.

24. - Top - End - #114

Cerridwen is a fairy.
    Not really the "cute and tiny" fairy that are occasionally common, but a tall "probably taller than you" fairy with shimmery wings that could maybe be mistaken for an iridescent cape or cloak from a distance.
    And she might eat your text color (and facial features?) if you're not careful. In fact, both her current eye color and text color were not originally hers.
    Fortunately, both Zee and Raril have boring text colors so they're probably safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    Raril frowns. "Oh let me get you something different, then, if you'd like? We can share the bottle of wine, perhaps?" He suggests.
    "Yes, sure," she says to the latter suggestion. "That would be enjoyable."

Listening to his description of the disaster, she sympathizes and says, "Oh, that's awful. Things like that shouldn't exist."

She greets Zee with a cursory "Hello" and drinks some of Raril's wine.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Bar Fight

The farmhand seems to have had enough, between the two assailants. He collapses onto the floor with a squelch, dissolving into red sludge stinking of brimstone. The slime slithers across the ground and out under the door, but as it leaves, a taunting voice can be heard, like the sound of baked beans being poured into a bucket, "Thanksss for the memoriesss."

Not the bar Fight

Tethrik enters. The four-armed, bladed demon moves to the bar and sits down. "Two glasses of blood. No, make it three. I've had a strange day. Profitable and exciting, but strange."

My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #116

[Cherub Talk]

A vampire walks into the tavern. This vampire is dressed fairly simply. Sneakers, jeans, and a hoodie. She carries a canvas bag over one shoulder. Her brown hair falls past her shoulders. Her green eyes look around a bit, searching for someone. They conveniently pass right over the fight without noticing it somehow.

Instead, she spots Zee and heads over to that table, a friendly smile on her face.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

27. - Top - End - #117

Bar Fight

Oliver might find his victory short lived as Violet comes charging toward him, trying to clothesline the man and knock him to the ground.

She's probably just going to keep going until she falls asleep.

Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Somewhere in the vague vicinity of the door, completely ignorant of any people who may or may not be fighting in that area, there is a muffled POP as a towering blob of translucent gray goo the rough size of a refrigerator springs into existence.
    After a brief moment, it collapses in all directions in a hideous deluge of sticky, unpleasantly cool fluid and reveals a very uncomfortably wet-looking blue robed man.

Xeni looks somewhere between exhausted, confused, and perhaps the slightest bit drunk.
    "...bad shortcut, got it."
    Taking the chance to shake a small blob of goo off one arm, he glances around until he spies the other [Cherub Talk] Arena Contributors and begins wobbling in their general direction.

"I'm here! I'm here..."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

29. - Top - End - #119

[Cherub Talk]

Zee points at the unconscious elf Violet just clobbered in reply to Alfred's question. Though that might not be a lady elf. It's really hard when you can't see an elf from the front. Thankfully the teleporter didn't rearrange any of Alfred's bits. That would have been awkward.

She'll also shake her head to Raril's question.

"I've had time to recuperate. I'll be okay," she says before turning to regard everyone present. "Okay I don't recognize everyone here. Like those people pummeling each other or that pile of gross goop."

She gestures vaguely at the slime Xeni brought with him.

"But that's alright. I promised you guys answers after the arena popped, but I was just too tired to give them then. So! I'll give them now. Big questions first. Try to yell them all at me at once, I'm pretty good at parsing information that way."

Is she serious?

Probably.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Nearby the Cherub Talk

Tethrik is animatedly telling his story to a group of only mildly interested dwarves. "... but when I climbed up the building to catch it, it turned out to be another trap! Blessed thing had set a claymore right at the edge of the rooftop. I barely made it out of there with my head! So I climbed around to the other side, and there it was, running serpentine between the AC units on another rooftop nearby. You know what I did? I chucked a fireball its way. BOOM! I burned the thing to cinders, and then, I took its weapons as a trophy!" He pulls a long silver rifle out of his belt pouch, carved with elegant whorls and spirals. "Isn't she a beauty?"

My Nexus characters