New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den XIV

Somebody new enters, looking around curiously. They're a woman, wearing a pair of pink combat trousers and a long yellow coat, hanging open over a pink-and-yellow chequered skintight top. A full-head clown mask with green rubber hair, an exaggerated red grin and a long nose, though the eyes have been replaced with pink lenses. They lean on a pink-and-yellow striped walking-stick, and look around for whoever posted on the Wall.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wall Advertisement Meet-Up]

As the door leading into the Dragon's Den opens wide once more, a warm wind blows throughout the tavern, causing sand and dust to coat the surrounding entryway in a dry, reddish grime. All is silent for several seconds before a sudden gust of sand and grime washes over the entrance, dirt and sand wafting up into the air as if thrown about, forming the outline of a vaguely humanoid shape.

The shape swiftly coalesces into a figure, clad all in a dark and tattered duster. The skeletal figure is practically drowned in black fabric, with a tall, wide-brimmed hat set atop his head. A white collar can be seen wrapped around the figure's neck, partially hidden by a scarf. A gunbelt has been tied around his waist, and a bandoleer rises up to a battered pauldron.

With gloved hands, the skeletal figure approaches the front of the bar, several gold teeth rattling as the undead instinctively ground his teeth, a nervous tic of a sort. A cigarette lolls between his teeth.

"This the place, what written on the wall?"

"Here for... deeds, n'such."

--

Spoiler: Reference:
    Show

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wall Advertisement Meet-Up

Just here to check out the competition, Malice assures himself. Only going to do some light spying, maybe report back our findings to Krystal, and then get out. We're not going to get involved in a sinister criminal enterprise. We're not going to build our way back up and reclaim our rightful place as the Nexus's greatest supervillain. We're not. We have something stable and comfortable and secure in our life right now; we don't need to go putting that all in jeopardy just for the thrill that comes with brazen disregard for the laws of gods and man.

The third fool to come investigating that Wall ad is Lord Malice, a cyborg much like his more famous clone-brother. Whereas Magtok has that silvery-gray chrome, however, Malice's prostheses are clad in a bright yellow brass, much like the instruments of a jazz band. He had his red robe dry-cleaned just for this occasion, and a piece of duct tape laid across the mouth of Grigori Rasputin, the disembodied head in a jar he carries along with him. He didn't want to bring Grigs, but the Mad Monk knew where he was headed, and is an enormous tattletale. Only way to get through this stupid nonsense without getting ratted out is to bring Rasputin along with us.

"Yeah, what the preacher man said. Dastardly business, something to prove, so on and so forth," Malice remarks absentmindedly, still lost in thought, wondering what a skeleton priest is doing here. What is he, some kind of Dνa de Muertos monster? A minister who was shot dead but sold his soul for revenge? An ordinary skeleton who ran away from his necromancer master and developed a keen sense of style? I suppose they're not nearly as bizarre as the pink and yellow clown monster, though. Really, pink and yellow? Is that the kind of fashion sense expected of supercriminals these days? Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wall Advertisement Meet Up

Malice might find a familiar face here; Cantata steps into the building, raven locks pooling around her shoulders and over the white collar of the green jacket worn open and over a red dress. The mute woman's amber eyes scan the group with an amused sort of interest. She wasn't really the villainous sort, but work was work. A job intended for a less-than-benevolent crowd just meant the crew would be more... interesting.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Private Investigation]

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Oliver's eyes go wide upon seeing his five most recent jobs. He shakes his head, as if to clear away doubts, and says, "Well, what I'd like to know first is which you think has more security, this cult or the cartel, and whether you have any information regarding where they may hide evidence, any inside spies, etc." He takes a sip of his coffee, then continues on. "We'll be at a significant disadvantage if we have nothing of that sort, though I can still probably find something. It'll just take more time."
    "Cult has more security, no question."
    "No spies. Either would see through any of my usual informants. We'd need...someone like you."
    The detective considers his teacup, not yet drinking any.

"The cartel's known to be really good at covering their tracks, but there's an ex-member kicking around somewhere who might know something. The cult would surely keep any incriminating information in their giant skull fortress."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default [Private Investigation]

Nodding, Oliver says, "So long story short, the cartel would be easier to get information from." He takes another drink. "I can blend in. Always been been more of a criminal type than religious. So, will we start immediately, or do you have any other information that would be useful when dealing with the cartel?"
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

7. - Top - End - #217

The detective takes a sip of his tea and lays out what else he knows.

The cartel, they had motive, opportunity, means. The only reason they might not be guilty is that they don't kill people. "Well, don't kill proper folk. They'll kill humans just fine." he clarifies. So killing someone with a cursed knife, even their hated enemy Chartreuse, that would be a couple lines crossed. There are two of them with real power: the boss and Logru, their chief enforcer. Then there's a bunch of wanna-bes and hangers-on. (who could still be dangerous). Like he said before, the waterfront arts area is the district they run in, though they're also supposed to have a hideout in North Forest somewhere. They do kidnapping, smuggling, sale of controlled items, etc. But it's not just for money. They're after something else, some particular magic.

"And that's about it."
    "It might raise too much suspicion for both of us to be sniffing around at once. I'll check up on the cult, and meet you back here when you're ready."

Sound good, Oliver?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #218

[Wall Recommended Meetup]

A fifth soul arrives for what was promised on the wall.

The woman stood just under six feet tall, with a figure that tended to draw a lot of attention with little effort. Her shaggy hair hung just past her jawline, and it was clear that she used to dye it bright blond, but was letting it grow out in its natural color of black.

She was dressed in black work boots, a small pair of dark grey cargo shorts, and a blue dress shirt, untucked, with the sleeves rolled up to her elbows and only a single button closed.

Her hazel eyes took in the scene before her, a smirk on her face.

A clown, a skeleton, and a cyborg walk into a bar... She chuckles a bit. I'm already glad I decided to sign up for this.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Oliver nods. "It would raise suspicion for both of us to be poking around." He tips back the rest of his coffee, then says, "See you once I've figured out some stuff, then."

10. - Top - End - #220
    Pixie in the Playground

[A Bad Enough Dude - Wall Advert]

The door opens and a lean muscular figure with Polish-Mexican facial features, dark brown eyes and short black feathered hair flies in. Any visible skin is brown-skinned, and the rest (most of arms, most of legs, most of sides of face, groin) is covered in raven blue-black feathers. Sprouting from his back are two blood red-feathered wings which are lined with tiny runes, and most people who look at them for too long will start to feel despair.

His feet are powerful and birdlike, with talons befitting a harp of his stature, and clawed birdlike hands, one of which rests on his currently sheathed sabre, Misery. The scales on his hands and feet are red-tinged, like his wings. He's clothed in dark green armor.

Rozpacz steps forward and rests against the bar. When he speaks, his voice is scratchy. "The Wall directed me here."
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

11. - Top - End - #221

The detective nods and heads for the door, leaving an empty teacup and some coins behind.
    Oliver has a lot of possible avenues. Could ask around here, could try to join this cartel and investigate from the inside, could try to track down that former member....just to start.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Oliver puts some coins on the counter, then heads out. The former member seems like the best place to start. A name or place of residence is all he needs.
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2019-02-26 at 07:32 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223

Luckily both are available.
    The name the detective gave for the former member is 'Yone Gonzales', and they live in a dimensional anomaly south of the city.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

[In Sandy Silence]

Waiting for our villains are three women, who're sitting together at a table together, two of them with cups of whiskey.

The first is a tall, tanned middle-aged human woman with red and gray hair, cut short except for a long tail at the back. She's got a tough, wiry build and a stern face lined from harsh weather and experience, and is wearing a gray and brown coat, loose breeches, and soft, knee-high boots. Resting against the side of her chair is a small hide buckler and several short spears, though the woman herself is still wearing a knife on her belt. Wrapped around her neck is a lowered head-scarf like garment, as well as a black dust veil, which is also lowered - fortunately for everyone inside the room, though they might not know how much danger they'd be in if it weren't.

The second woman is also red-haired, though with dark, coppery skin and even taller and more powerfully built than the Aiel woman, with heavy, upswept eyebrows and a prominent hooked nose. Her dress is also much more flamboyant than that of her drab companion - loud green and blue harem pants, heeled slippers, a halter top, and shoulder pads, all richly decorated with gold and turquoise. A pair of scimitars rests against her chair, in easy reach, and she speaks with an animated tone in comparison to her companion's watchful focus, occasionally slapping her glass against the table for emphasis.

The third woman is covered from head to toe in plain white robes, completely invisible, with even her eyes hidden behind an opaque white veil hanging from the front of a tall headdress. The top of the headdress sweeps backwards and upwards, as if draped over a dragon's horns, with slim golden chains hanging looped over the top and sides, from which dangle an array of golden pomanders, heavy with the scent of spices and incense. A belt of gold is also cinched around her waist, and she alone sits without refreshment, small brown hands folded demurely in her lap as the other two women converse.

When the clown walks in, the Aiel woman looks surprised, taking in the newcomer's garish ensemble with a look approximating concern and befuddlement, though she gives the erstwhile villain a careful once-over nonetheless, showing enough respect to treat her like a possible threat.

The skeleton receives grim acknowledgement from Aiel and Gerudo both; the white-robed woman shifts slightly, sending her pomanders a-swaying oh so slightly, wafting scented smoke around to cover up the dark-clad figure's caustic aura.

With Malice's appearance, the Gerudo seems to have a shock of recognition, and guffaws, elbowing her gray-clad companion. What's actually said isn't distinct enough to be audible, but sends the Aiel woman into a brief, uncharacteristic peal of mirthful laughter, before she goes back to her careful vigil.

Her appraisal of Cantata might be slightly more thorough than regular caution might merit, though. The Aiel woman's hard gray-green eyes linger ever so slightly too long over the curves of that red dress of hers: something that isn't lost on her companion, who hides a brief smirk behind a sip of whiskey.

Ivaz's appraisal is a lot more open, with the Aiel woman's eyes instantly jumping to the region... just above Ivaz's one single done-up button, let's say, but she quickly smiles and leans up to whisper something to the other woman, which causes the Gerudo to laugh herself, the sound short, sharp, and powerful over the general hubbub of the bar.

When the final person enters, the white-clad woman tips her head slightly, inclining her veil towards the Gerudo, who takes this as cue enough to slam her hands against the table.

"So! You're all those who answered to the summons, oh? A wise decision! The opportunity we were sent to present shouldn't be missed!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Orc in the Playground

In Sandy Silence

The clown will sit, if there's a chair available, and stand nearby if not. She'll move the chair sideways, so she could potentially stand up and move quickly if needed, propping the walking stick against her leg.

She looks the three ladies, and her new colleagues, over as well. Her full-face mask makes it hard to tell what she's thinking under there. She pays most attention to Cantata, but it's not entirely clear why. "Then I am glad I will not miss it." She sounds a bit muffled, by the mask, which is frustrating. She'll pull the bottom bit up and over so her mouth is free, and repeats herself much clearer. Her skin's quite dark; Indian sub-continent, probably.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2019-03-01 at 08:27 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

16. - Top - End - #226

[In Sandy Silence]

Ivaz approaches the table, grabbing an empty chair and dragging it along the way, ignoring the slight protest of a patron behind her. She gives all of the gathering members of this meeting a quick, analyzing glance, taking in their appearance and making quick judgements. Once at the table, she spins the chair around and seats herself in one smooth motion, swinging her boots up and onto the table, leaning the chair back on two legs and folding her hands behind her head. This helps show her casual attitude towards this meeting, and also shows just how tight that shirt is.

Her expression is slightly amused by everything she sees. But her eyes are very focused on the three women that called this meeting. Especially the Gerudo woman.

Welp. Let's hear the sales pitch, then.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

[In Sandy Silence]

If the skeleton had eyes, he would have rolled them towards the cyborg so erroneously addressing him as "preacher", rather than by his official title, or at least, what he assumed once was his official title. Rather than complain, however, the Reverend merely clamps his stained teeth down upon his loosely rolled cigarette, drawing deeply despite a lack of breath, before releasing a particularly nauseous cloud of black smoke. The smoke itself seems to burble out from within the depths of the skeleton after drawing in, slipping out through what once were his facial orifices.

Lazily, the figure wraps his long, bony fingers upon the edge of a chair, pulling it out before adjusting his blackened duster and sinking into it, pulling closer to the table. The gunslinger breathes in one final dose from his cigarette before rolling it about through his fingers as one would a bullet, a casual display of dexterity topped off by some sort of sleight of hand, for the joint promptly disappears upon reaching the skeleton's palm. Leaning forward, elbows upon the table, the figure merely lowers his head and begins to listen intently, face mostly concealed by his enormous hat.

He takes the time to glance towards the woman in white in particular, the light flashing off of his numerous gold teeth in a way that suggests a grin of a sort, chuckling a little, smoke spewing forth.

"Don't care for the smoke, eh?"

"'Poligies, ma'am."

18. - Top - End - #228

In Sandy Silence

At the sound of laughter, Malice's remaining human eye twitches, and minuscule flakes of coal spill from his fingertips, drifting harmlessly to the floor. It's faint, so much so that Malice himself has never noticed it before, but there's a possibility that someone more attentive and inexplicably focused on the cyborg might see it. Unlikely, though. Everyone's attention is on the three women who brought them here, not some petulant tin man twisting and writhing on the inside, smoldering with carefully concealed fury.

Our visage should inspire fear and awe in the peasantry, not chortles and bemusement. This is Magtok's fault. Never mind that Malice himself has been back from his imprisonment in Hell for years now, that he helps a superheroine run her comic shop, that the most nefarious thing he's done in months was crash his other's Halloween party and incessantly blather on about nothing at some deaf girl bother. No, this is clearly Magtok's fault. Malice couldn't possibly have done anything to damage his own reputation.

It doesn't matter, though. We will prove to them all that Malice is a name to be spoken only in tense whispers and terror-stricken gasps. We will be the supervillain this Nexus needs, the devious menace that society so sorely deserves, the lord of all that is contemptible and malevolent. We are Lord Malice, and that Gerudo woman and her Aiel compatriot will forever remember that laughter shared together as the first few melodious notes of the dirge that is to be their undoing. We will-

"Ммф!" Rasputin grumbles, making a noise roughly analogous to that one would expect from someone trying to speak with tape over their mouth, but in a Russian accent and in a sealed jar of formaldehyde. It's just enough to take Malice out of his petty revenge fantasy, bringing him back into reality instead of that silly imaginary world where people have any reason to take him seriously. He scowls, shakes his head, and presses a button on the underside of the jar, causing a set of spindly robotic crab legs to unfold from the bottom of the jar, permitting Grigori to clamber up onto Malice's shoulder and watch the proceedings from a much better vantage point, instead of being lugged around in the brass-plated baddie's arms like some stupid prop. There, that seems to be enough to silence the stupid disembodied head for now.

Once that's settled, Malice remains standing upright, refusing to take a seat even if there are any left available. To sit at their table would imply a sort of respect or trust towards these strangers that simply does not exist. This is not a meeting of equals, whatever the others might think. This is a meeting of Malice, Cantata, Father Bones, some shmucks, a gigantic six-foot turbo-thot, and a clown, in descending order of importance. We do not soil our reputation further by sitting with creatures such as these.

More importantly, sitting down would also give Rasputin's pincers a chance to pinch someone's face. We probably shouldn't let him do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

19. - Top - End - #229

Shady Sands Silence Sector?

The Aiel's wandering gaze is responded to with a playful little smirk and quirk of the eyebrows as Cantata notices it, as if inviting them to try her luck with further flirtations. She's open to it, assuming they want to pursue something after-hours. But for now... well, now it is time to discuss business. That is the attitude with which the freelance saboteur takes a seat, legs crossed and amber eyes focused on the trio with an attentive gaze. They only waver when Ivaz takes a seat, cringing minutely at the sheer unprofessionalism of it, and a teasing smirk flits across her lips as Malice finds himself the victim of mocking laughter.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

20. - Top - End - #230
    Pixie in the Playground

[In Sandy Silence]

Rozpacz steps towards the three women, noting each woman's appearance. On closer inspection, there's a thin streak of grey on his otherwise black hair, and his hard lined face is on the old side. His eyes slowly roam across each of the three women, his depressed eyes taking in their features and actions.

He doesn't move when 'White-white' slams her hands on the table, but it is only after she's spoken that Roz takes it upon himself to look upon the others present as they react, his eyes lingering on Malice and on the skeletal gunman. Malice certainly doesn't inspire any fear and awe, just a curiosity most would call morbid. Perhaps he senses on an instinctual level this one's desire to spread misery and chaos, a goal he can agree with.

About the same time Malice is jolted out of his fantasy, Rozpacz realizes he's smiling evilly, pleased by the vibes he's getting from Malice. Silently clearing his throat, he semi-successfully returns to his stoic gaze, this time with a hint of a smile playing on his lips.

He refuses to sit, choosing instead to fold his clawed hands in front of him. He doesn't need to be sitting to make himself comfortable. Besides, standing eliminates the added step of getting up should this turn out to be a waste of his time. Not that he thinks that'd be a problem.

"Go on."
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

21. - Top - End - #231

A redheaded woman wearing a thick blue robe in the style of a wizard--or somebody who doesn't understand the difference between pajamas and traveling clothes--walks in off the street. She orders a Hearth Brew Mead and takes a seat at an out of the way table with an ash tray. After an appreciative sip of the warming drink, she settles in and looks around the room while digging through her purse for her cigarettes and lighter.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

There is one person there that the red-headed woman might find unusual. A bald woman with pale skin, bluish around the eyes and ears, wearing a buff jacket of strange leather and riveted with black metal. There's a straw hat on the table next to her and she's calmly drinking simple tea. When looked at more closely, it's clear that she's quite tall and very muscular, and that her eyes' deep blue color reminds one of a bottomless depth.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

23. - Top - End - #233

The wizard and/or slob produces a gold cigarette case from her purse, but fails to find a lighter. As she places a cigarette between her lips, she studies the tall woman nearby. A dockworker, perhaps, but in all likelihood someone who looks like that in a place like this is some sort of adventurer. Probably has heard some good rumors and is definitely worth talking to, the redheaded lady thinks, but first she's in desperate need of a smoke. The perfidious theft and/or misplacement of her lighter is only a minor setback, for she possesses numerous esoteric secrets and commands terrible arcane power. All she has to do is draw forth a tiny bit of energy, channel it using subtle movements of her fingertips, and kindle a little flame in the air before her. She has no idea what went wrong in which of those steps, but suddenly there's a fireball loudly bursting in her face, catching her robe ablaze. "AAH! Stupid futuēns בן-זונה βάλλ' εἰς κόρακας!"

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

The bald woman seems to have caught the attention she was being paid... but then this red-headed stranger catches fire. She was evidently trying to perform some magic that didn't work. She reaches out with her hand and suddenly some water condenses out of thin air around the redhead, trying to douse the flame. It's not much, but hopefully it's enough.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

25. - Top - End - #235

Between the water and the panicked flailing (okay, just the water), the fire is put out before it can do more than singe the wizard's robe and immolate whatever nice first impression she was hoping for. She takes a deep breath and a deep drink of her mead to compose herself, then relocates to her rescuer's table. "Thank you for your timely assistance. It seems that there is some malevolent presence, be it demonic or fae, at work here that caused my magic to surge out of control." She smiles and offers a hand. "Tovia Solomon, at your service."

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

The bald woman seems to hesitate a moment before shaking Tovia's hand. It might be that she's not entirely familiar with the custom. Her handshake is brief, but firm.

"My name is Calm Reed. I'm not used to these lands yet, so I can't say if there was indeed a presence here." She doubts it, but she's being polite. "I'm just glad the fire was small enough to put out easily."

27. - Top - End - #237

"A pleasure to meet you, Calm Reed." Tovia scrutinizes her more closely as she sips her drink. "New to the Nexus, then. What kind of place are you from?"

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

"That depends on how precisely we count," Calm Reed says. "I was born in Bittern, on the Blessed Isle, in a land some call Creation, but mostly just... the world. My homeland is a place of wonder, but of a rather different kind that you find here. And you... strike me as a Nexus native. Or at least someone who has been here far longer than I have."

29. - Top - End - #239

Well, that shines a bit of light on those blue eyes and the water conjuration now, doesn't it? The wizard leans back in her chair and tries to remember if the elemental empowered guys were superheroes fighting the evil celestial guys or if they were all possessed by demons of different types. "I have read about that world. And you guessed right: I was born here. Or... close to here. I've only ever lived in Inside, Riverside, and the League so I guess I'm close enough to count as a Nexus native."

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

"Have you? I have been told I'm not the first Dragon-Blooded to come through here," Calm Reed says, unsurprised. "Not the first monk, even. League... that would be the Good League of Good, wouldn't it be? I've gathered information about other places after joining Vigil. I haven't been to there or Riverside, though."