New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Not Sure if Best Player Ever ... Or Worst Player? (Long stories)

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseM0nkey View Post
    The hard truth for me to admit is this group of friends thinks they like playing DND, when really, they like being Family Guy level silly. MP needs other ways to amuse himself. They don't want the DND I'm trying to create.
    I strongly urge you to get a copy of TOON. This sounds like the perfect group to play a game of cartoon characters in which inappropriate nonsense is appropriate, making the animator helpless with laughter earns you points, and a loss of all hit points makes you Fall Down with X's in your eyes, and you walk back onscreen perfectly well three minutes later.
    Last edited by Jay R; 2018-08-23 at 09:22 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    I strongly urge you to get a copy of TOON. This sounds like the perfect group to play a game of cartoon characters in which inappropriate nonsense is appropriate, making the animator helpless with laughter earns you points, and a loss of all hit points makes you Fall Down with X's in your eyes, and you walk back onscreen perfectly well three minutes later.
    Yep, something in this neighbourhood seems far more ideal than DnD. DnD requires a lot of prep, lends itself to optimisation, and is a somewhat serious game.

Changing to something that's low prep, goofy, and doesn't matter if it breaks seems easier.
    Check out our Sugar Fuelled Gamers roleplaying Actual Play Podcasts. Over 300 hours of gaming audio, including Dungeons and Dragons, Savage Worlds, and Call of Cthulhu. We've raced an evil Phileas Fogg around the world, travelled in time, come face to face with Nyarlathotep, become kings, gotten shipwrecked, and, of course, saved the world!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

BardGirl

Im really glad it ended with a good discussion and some reflection. Hopefully just the fact that you talked about it, makes the group consider their (meta)actions more.
    I think you brought it up yourself, Cheese, but using another system is a great way of relieving boredom. And other systems might be less dependent on each players individual optimization skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Incorrect View Post
    If you consider the RP aspect, you might want to consider alternatives to Tortle Str Ranger.
    I mean, why would the rest of the party trust this Tortal StRanger...

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseM0nkey View Post
    Setting: Star Wars, hypothetical story connecting Return of the Jedi to The Force Awakens

MP: He named his character "Hennet the Sorcerer" and believes the entire world is a mirage arcana, and he's actually a wizard.
    I can't comment on whether he is a great player or a ****heel but this part is hilarious. High comedy.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

TBH, MP sounds alpha as ****. The lad plays D&D with his friend of 10 years, coming up with interesting and hilarious characters that help keep his newbie beer n' pretzels PC team on point. It's like a veteran soldier tasked with teaching a group of fresh faced recruits.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

If he is being deliberate in his derailings and ruining fun for others, worst player. if everyone is enjoying the shenanigans, best player.
    the first half of the meaning of life is that there isn't one.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Banned

What I posted here was for another thread. Forget I was ever here.
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2018-09-11 at 12:56 AM.