New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: EdroGrimshell's PrC Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by aimlessPolymath View Post
    I'm glad to see you back- you're one of my favorite homebrewers!
    Glad to be back. I have a lot of fun with this project, so getting back into it after so long is great.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

2. - Top - End - #32

So, that series of dragonblood PrCs I mentioned? Yea, turns out they didn't work on their own, so I combined them into a single PrC. I just need a name for the class and it'll be complete.

It's based on Draconic Aura and possesses a class feature that gives it uses of a selection of cantrips as spell-like abilities (al la duskblade) based on its Charisma bonus. These are used to fuel its more offensive abilities and give it some defense depending on how it is statted, as the cantrips can be used to fuel draconic feats as if they were a higher level spell (up to 3rd normally and not exceeding an effective level of 7th pre epic level). It gets bonus draconic feats every level (draconic heritage at first level unless it already has it) and a few extra auras for the Draconic Aura feat.

Its main ability, however, is the ability to convert its maximum health total into power, both to bolster themselves and their allies. This can range from adding elemental damage to their attacks and the attacks of any allies within their aura's radius, to elemental shields, to increased potency of their spell-like abilities, to gaining more draconic feats.

If anyone has a name that does not include the term Dragonfire, I'm all ears.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Drakeblood:

The Form ability seems busted, but I can't find a feat that would break it, so it's probably fine. It's fairly versatile.

Can Arcane Attunement really boost *any* source of elemental damage of the right type? It's not OP, it's just unusual to be able to boost sources that don't originate from you.

Awakened:

Currently, just missing Metacreativity as a Secret equivalency. Maybe some form of terrain manipulation- generating obstructing terrain/fog?

Awakening might want to have some base effect.

Energy Snap is only valuable if you have the ability to make weapon attacks, but this has poor BAB- its damage is way too low otherwise. (Unless you rule you can Power Attack and full attack with it or something?) Maybe have it scale based on manifester level to some extent?

Would appreciate some form of levitation as well- perhaps Elocator based?
    My one piece of homebrew: The Shaman. A Druid replacement with more powerlevel control.
    The bargain bin- malfunctioning, missing, and broken magic items.
    Spirit Barbarian: The Barbarian, with heavy elements from the Shaman. Complete up to level 17.
    The Priest: A cleric reword which ran out of steam. Still a fun prestige class suitable for E6.
    The Coward: Not every hero can fight.

4. - Top - End - #34

Drakeblood:

The Form ability seems busted, but I can't find a feat that would break it, so it's probably fine. It's fairly versatile.

Can Arcane Attunement really boost *any* source of elemental damage of the right type? It's not OP, it's just unusual to be able to boost sources that don't originate from you.
    Form was the one I was worried about, but I looked at all the Draconic Feats before adding it, there's nothing really game breaking to them.

Any source you personally use, so if you have a Red Dragon ancestry and throw an alchemist's fire, you can boost the fire damage from that with Arcane Attunement. But, you can't boost the fire damage of someone else's flaming greatsword.

Awakened:

Currently, just missing Metacreativity as a Secret equivalency. Maybe some form of terrain manipulation- generating obstructing terrain/fog?

Awakening might want to have some base effect.

Energy Snap is only valuable if you have the ability to make weapon attacks, but this has poor BAB- its damage is way too low otherwise. (Unless you rule you can Power Attack and full attack with it or something?) Maybe have it scale based on manifester level to some extent?

Would appreciate some form of levitation as well- perhaps Elocator based?
    Yea, trinkets (from the Mind's Eye Article that gave Psions ACFs) didn't seem good enough as a secret compared to the rest and was not easy to upgrade.

I made this class quickly, so it's unfinished at best, any suggestions would be welcome.

Would it be better if it could be added to any form of attack? Including manifested powers?

That might be something I'll add in once I get a second ability for each "Discipline" of psionics. That'd be a great one to add to the Psychoportation discipline options
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35

OrcBarbarianGuy

Energy Snap adding to ability use is interesting, making it a sort of pseudo-metapsionic ability. I like that it would work with non-damaging powers. I might limit it to the first round of damage, though, since it has potential to greatly multiply damage for powers that deal damage over time.

edit: Hold on, do you mean attack rolls for powers? I actually don't know that there are a lot- Energy Ray and Crystal Shard, but not a lot of ray-type powers that I can think of.
    Last edited by aimlessPolymath; 2018-09-08 at 04:39 PM.
    My one piece of homebrew: The Shaman. A Druid replacement with more powerlevel control.
    Spirit Barbarian: The Barbarian, with heavy elements from the Shaman. Complete up to level 17.
    The Priest: A cleric reword which ran out of steam. Still a fun prestige class suitable for E6.

6. - Top - End - #36

Energy Snap adding to ability use is interesting, making it a sort of pseudo-metapsionic ability. I like that it would work with non-damaging powers. I might limit it to the first round of damage, though, since it has potential to greatly multiply damage for powers that deal damage over time.

edit: Hold on, do you mean attack rolls for powers? I actually don't know that there are a lot- Energy Ray and Crystal Shard, but not a lot of ray-type powers that I can think of.
    No no, you got it right the first time. Having a Mind Thrust cause Brain Freeze is a funny thought.

EDIT: Made the modifications, it applies at 5th level.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2018-09-08 at 06:07 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

I'm a big fan of these classes. Short but to the point, offering interesting and novel mechanics balanced to fit into just about any game. Great job.

I do have a question about the Stigmatist though. For the Penance ability, do you mean for the HP cost to be 3 HP per Blessing (three blessings would have a total cost of 9 HP) or to have the cost actually raise cumulatively by 3 for every additional blessing (three blessings would have a total cost of 18 HP)? The wording isn't completely clear on this (though I'm, willing to bet that it is the later). If it is the later, are you sure? You have this balanced around selecting blessings many, many times to get a meaningful bonus and that cost increase is insane. Selecting 10 blessings (say, to max out Sublime Offense) would cost 165 HP! That is just nuts.
    Avatar of awesome goodness courtesy of Cdr.Fallout.

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Quarian Rex View Post
    I'm a big fan of these classes. Short but to the point, offering interesting and novel mechanics balanced to fit into just about any game. Great job.

I do have a question about the Stigmatist though. For the Penance ability, do you mean for the HP cost to be 3 HP per Blessing (three blessings would have a total cost of 9 HP) or to have the cost actually raise cumulatively by 3 for every additional blessing (three blessings would have a total cost of 18 HP)? The wording isn't completely clear on this (though I'm, willing to bet that it is the later). If it is the later, are you sure? You have this balanced around selecting blessings many, many times to get a meaningful bonus and that cost increase is insane. Selecting 10 blessings (say, to max out Sublime Offense) would cost 165 HP! That is just nuts.
    The later, I am reworking it do to some work on a Blood Mage style Base Class that uses a similar mechanic, which I am finding to be too much HP lost for it to properly work, so I'm thinking of reducing it from 3 to 1 with it still increasing in cost (3 blessings would cost 6, the first costing 1, the second costing 2, and the third costing 3). Far less likely to snowball into crazy numbers. Does weaken the healing option, but that was honestly a bit strong as it was.

I am taking requests, specifically for classes that expand on some less used or interesting feats.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    The later, I am reworking it do to some work on a Blood Mage style Base Class that uses a similar mechanic, which I am finding to be too much HP lost for it to properly work, so I'm thinking of reducing it from 3 to 1 with it still increasing in cost (3 blessings would cost 6, the first costing 1, the second costing 2, and the third costing 3). Far less likely to snowball into crazy numbers. Does weaken the healing option, but that was honestly a bit strong as it was.
    Glad to hear, the new math seems much more usable, looking forward to the blood magic class. As a general thought on blood magic/HP sacrificing classes, any thoughts on increasing the HD? The d6 on the Stigmatist was very noticeable to me. Kind of struck me as making a Psionisist but not providing any PPs. Perhaps a general design consideration for such classes should be a higher than average HD to accommodate usage of the class features.

Thoughts?

10. - Top - End - #40

Glad to hear, the new math seems much more usable, looking forward to the blood magic class. As a general thought on blood magic/HP sacrificing classes, any thoughts on increasing the HD? The d6 on the Stigmatist was very noticeable to me. Kind of struck me as making a Psionisist but not providing any PPs. Perhaps a general design consideration for such classes should be a higher than average HD to accommodate usage of the class features.

Thoughts?
    Planning on it, though the Blood Mage will have a d8 due to how it casts (it gains Temp HP and uses that to cast, though it dipping into normal HP reserves can be done, it's a little more lasting than the Temp HP version)

The stigmatist is likely going to upgrade to d10 HD (likely having a similar effect on the Azure Priest PrC)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Planning on it, though the Blood Mage will have a d8 due to how it casts (it gains Temp HP and uses that to cast, though it dipping into normal HP reserves can be done, it's a little more lasting than the Temp HP version)

The stigmatist is likely going to upgrade to d10 HD (likely having a similar effect on the Azure Priest PrC)
    This makes me quite happy.

Thanks again for making these. All your classes, but especially ones like the Stigmatist, Undying, and the Instructor, fill niches in the game that have gone almost completely untouched. I have never seen a martial buffer whose mechanics are as elegantly appropriate as that of the Instructor. Doing that while keeping the mechanics relatively simple and balanced is a feat. Keeping most of the classes relatively short was a great move as well, allowing these unique concepts to actually fit into a variety of character concepts.

Your work is appreciated.

12. - Top - End - #42

This makes me quite happy.

Thanks again for making these. All your classes, but especially ones like the Stigmatist, Undying, and the Instructor, fill niches in the game that have gone almost completely untouched. I have never seen a martial buffer whose mechanics are as elegantly appropriate as that of the Instructor. Doing that while keeping the mechanics relatively simple and balanced is a feat. Keeping most of the classes relatively short was a great move as well, allowing these unique concepts to actually fit into a variety of character concepts.

Your work is appreciated.
    I'm actually working on a Scholar/Instructor class to expand on it, kinda like a monster hunter that teaches people how to deal with said monsters. The combo would make a great support character while being almost completely mundane in nature, which you don't see too often.

I'm hoping to get a few more PrCs out soon, I've got a couple in the works that might be fun, but I'm open to suggestions for combo PrCs that combine existing ones.

Also, always good to hear your work is appreciated! Thank you.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2018-09-20 at 01:56 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43

So, I'm reworking some of my older PrCs, specifically the Militiaman and the Acolyte (going to be combined with some ideas for an old class I was working on)

I've added a new secret to the Awakened for Metacreativity, and will be working on additional ones for each discipline.

And finally, I'm working on some combo PrCs, ones that combine some existing ones. I have the Slayer in the works, which combines Scholar and Instructor, the War Leader, which combines the new Militiaman I have in mind and the Instructor, and the Priest, which combines the Acolyte and the Stigmatist.

EDIT: Militiaman has been changed.
    2nd EDIT: Acolyte has been changed.
    3rd EDIT: Minor update, working (and finished minus formatting) a new PrC called the witchling, which is a rather simple status condition focused class with its primary ability being Evil Eye (has the potential to cause both Fatigued and Sickened on a target). This will have a combo PrC to combine it with the Cursed and another to combine it with the Heckler. Potentially a triple combo if I'm feeling ambitious.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2018-09-30 at 05:35 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Long time no see.

I have comments to make. I was going to make this long form, but I think what I was actually trying to say would get lost.

1. You have the bad habit of shoving multiple unrelated abilities together into one ability, and "hiding" upgrades inside abilities. For example, your new Acolyte's table looks clean and neat, but the actual stuff you get at each level is:

1st. 3+Wis Motes/Hour. Primary Domain Feat +1/day, new Domain feat 2/day, +1 level of spellcasting.
    2nd. +4 Motes/Hour. Primary Domain Feat +2/day, new Domain feat 2/day, +1 AC/Saves, once/encounter True Believer use.
    3rd. +5 Motes/Hour. Primary Domain Feat +1/day, new Domain feat 2/day, +2 AC/Saves, spend 3 motes to make a die explode, +1 level of spellcasting.

This makes your classes incredibly dense, which can make it kinda hard to remember what you get when.

2. You love your extra die rolls, huh :p? The Bloodstained is possibly the biggest sinner here, since each of the special intimidate checks Crimson Fury gives you is two extra d20 rolls. And thanks to Berserker, you'll be tossing out two or more of those checks per attack. That's just - bleh. It needs to be streamlined.

3. You also really like abilities that refresh hourly. That's pretty unidiomatic for 3.5, and greatly modifies the expected pace of resource expenditure. Just wanted to point this one out - I'm aware that your PrCs are intended to be a bit more experimental.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    Long time no see.
    Indeed it has been. Good to see ya!

1. You have the bad habit of shoving multiple unrelated abilities together into one ability, and "hiding" upgrades inside abilities. For example, your new Acolyte's table looks clean and neat, but the actual stuff you get at each level is:

1st. 3+Wis Motes/Hour. Primary Domain Feat +1/day, new Domain feat 2/day, +1 level of spellcasting.
    2nd. +4 Motes/Hour. Primary Domain Feat +2/day, new Domain feat 2/day, +1 AC/Saves, once/encounter True Believer use.
    3rd. +5 Motes/Hour. Primary Domain Feat +1/day, new Domain feat 2/day, +2 AC/Saves, spend 3 motes to make a die explode, +1 level of spellcasting.

This makes your classes incredibly dense, which can make it kinda hard to remember what you get when.
    Oh, I know, my classes are sometimes designed that way because of how short they are. None of them are really too powerful for it, and if they do get stronger abilities, I tend to reduce what they get from the class.

I have a game where I'm playtesting these changes, so if they end up too powerful or slow or whatever, I'll modify them.

2. You love your extra die rolls, huh :p? The Bloodstained is possibly the biggest sinner here, since each of the special intimidate checks Crimson Fury gives you is two extra d20 rolls. And thanks to Berserker, you'll be tossing out two or more of those checks per attack. That's just - bleh. It needs to be streamlined.
    Yea, Bloodstained is one I made in a few hours, compared to the others which I made over the course of a few days, it kinda shows. I've been trying to rework it but it just doesn't click in my head.

Other classes, I just try to keep things balanced, that's my main concern, a bit more so than being streamlined. Die rolls let you have a little more balance in that regard. I do try to find other methods to balance it out, it's just... a little more difficult.

Plus, these classes are based on skills and feats, for the most part, so having them not use those skills and feats seem like bad form to me.

3. You also really like abilities that refresh hourly. That's pretty unidiomatic for 3.5, and greatly modifies the expected pace of resource expenditure. Just wanted to point this one out - I'm aware that your PrCs are intended to be a bit more experimental.
    Yep, it's an unusual balance that actually works fairly well in game. It lets people 'Go Nova' and know they'll get a refresh, but it's not so soon as to be able to do so all the time.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46

Witchling

Entry Requirements
    Skills:
    Knowledge (Arcana) 6 Ranks, Intimidate 3 Ranks
    Feats: Force of Personality

Hit Die: d6

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special
    1st +0 +0 +0 +2 Jinx, Evil Eye
    2nd +1 +0 +0 +3 Witchfire
    3rd +1 +1 +1 +3 Dire Brand
    Class Skills: Concentration, Craft, Intimidate, Knowledge (Arcana), Listen, Profession, Search, Spot. 4 + Int Modifier Skill Points.

Wpn/Arm Prof: The witchling does not gain any new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Jinx (Su): The witchling may, once per day, spend 15 minutes in meditation to roll a d20 and record the result, this is their Jinx Value (new rolls will overwrite the old results). Whenever a hostile creature within 30ft of the witchling rolls a d20 for an attack roll, ability check, or skill check, the witchling may choose to swap the roll with their Jinx Value, replacing their Jinx Value with the targeted roll. This may only be done once per round.

Several witchling abilities reduce their Jinx Value, these abilities cannot reduce the Value below 1, and if an ability would reduce it below 1, it cannot be used.

At 2nd level, the witchling may use this ability on allies as well. This may not target the witchling.

At 3rd level, the witchling may use this ability on Saving Throws and Critical Confirmation rolls.

Evil Eye (Su): As a standard action, the witchling may lower their Jinx Value by 1 to place a hex on a target they can see. The target must make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 10 + Half the Witchling's Character Level + the Witchling's Cha Mod) or be sickened for one minute. If the witchling also possesses Daunting Presence, they may use that feat as part of the same action as using this ability by lowering their Jinx Value by an additional 1.

Witchfire (Su): Starting at 2nd level, as a swift action, the witchling may conjure a baleful, flame-like energy to their hand by reducing their Jinx Value by 1. This witchfire sheds light as a torch and can be used to make a melee touch attack to deal 1d6 points of damage. The witchling may disperse their witchfire as a free action.

As a standard action, the witchling may reduce their Jinx Value by 2 while holding their witchfire to excite it to either make a touch attack or fire a ray of energy (60ft range) that deals 2d6 points of damage plus an additional amount of damage equal to their Cha bonus (if any) on a successful melee or ranged touch attack (respectively). This is in addition to the 1d6 damage from using witchfire to attack normally.

The witchling may reduce their Jinx Value by 2 when using Evil Eye or making an attack with witchfire to force the target to succeed on a Fortitude saving throw (DC 10 + Half the Witchling's Character Level + the Witchling's Cha Mod) or become fatigued for one minute.

Dire Brand (Su): At 3rd level, the witchling gains the ability to place a brand on any creature that fails a saving throw against Evil Eye or Witchfire. This brand lasts for 1 hour and allows the witchling to use Jinx on the branded individual as long as they are within 1 mile of the witchling. Additionally, the witchling may target a branded individual with Evil Eye without needing to see them, though if they cannot see the creature, the duration of the brand is not refreshed.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47

Fire Dancer

Entry Requirements
    Skills:
    Perform (Dance) 6 Ranks
    Feats: Weapon and Torch

Hit Die: d6

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special
    1st +0 +0 +2 +0 Flame Dance
    2nd +1 +0 +3 +0 Heat Haze
    3rd +2 +1 +3 +1 Blazing Steps
    Class Skills: Balance, Bluff, Craft, Jump, Perform, Sleight of Hand, Tumble. 4 + Int Modifier Skill Points.

Wpn/Arm Prof: The fire dancer does not gain any new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Flame Dance (Ex): The primary ability of the fire dancer is their use of an open flame to hide their movements and disorient foes. While wielding a torch or similar source of light, the fire dancer gains a +1 dodge bonus to their AC for every 4 ranks in Perform (Dance) they possess, may add their Cha Bonus (if any) to attack rolls made with the a torch or similar source of light, and increase damage from such attacks by their class level + their Cha Bonus (if any).

Heat Haze (Ex): Any time a 2nd level or higher fire dancer is attacked, they may use an immediate action to make an attack with a torch or similar source of light as if they were using Weapon and Torch. This attack resolves before the attack roll is made. If the attack misses, the attacker is set on fire.

Additionally, the fire dancer gains fire resistance 5.

Blazing Steps (Ex): A fire dancer that moves at least 10ft in a round increases any fire damage they deal by 1d6 and adds one additional round to the dazzled effect inflicted by Weapon and Torch for every 10ft moved in that round. This may be applied to similar sources of damage as long as they would qualify for Weapon and Torch.

Additionally, the fire dancer increases their fire resistance to 10.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2020-01-10 at 07:40 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48

Witch Knight

Entry Requirements
    BAB:
    +5
    Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) 9 Ranks, Intimidate 9 Ranks, Martial Lore 6 Ranks
    Class Features: Witchfire (Witchling), Fighting Spirit (Militiaman)

Hit Die: d8

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special MK MR SK
    1st +1 +2 +0 +2 Hexer's Reserve, Witchfire Infusion 1 0 0
    2nd +2 +3 +0 +3 Malefic Initiate 0 1 0
    3rd +3 +3 +1 +3 Baleful Presence 1 0 1
    Class Skills: Climb, Concentration, Craft, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (Arcana), Listen, Martial Lore, Profession, Ride, Search, Spot, Swim. 4 + Int Modifier Skill Points.

Wpn/Arm Prof: The witch knight does not gain any new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Hexer's Reserve: A witch knight uses both martial prowess and malicious magics to combat their foes, learning to meld them into a seamless whole. The witch knight is able to use their Limit Reserve as their Jinx Value and their Jinx Value as their Limit Reserve. Any effect that reduces their Jinx Value only affects a single die at a time.

Witchfire Infusion (Su): When a witch knight conjures witchfire, they may choose to infuse their weapon with it. This adds the damage dealt by witchfire to their weapon as long as they maintain the witchfire. The witch knight may increase the damage of their witchfire as part of the same action used to initiate a boost maneuver, applying the extra damage to all attacks made that round. If a creature fails a Fortitude save to resist the fatigue from witchfire or evil eye, the witch knight may increase one of their limit reserve die by 2.

Additionally, those affected by Dire Brand take an additional 2d6 points of damage from any attack made by the witch knight's witchfire, including attacks made with a weapon infused with witchfire.

Malefic Initiate (Su): Any time a 2nd level or higher witch knight inflicts the Shaken, Frightened, Panicked, Sickened, Nauseated, Fatigued, or Exhausted condition on a creature, they may regain a single maneuver of their choice. Alternatively, the witch knight may choose a maneuver and reduce their jinx value or limit reserve by the level of the chosen maneuver to regain the maneuver.

Baleful Presence (Su): At 3rd level, the witch knight may project an aura of ill fortune as a swift action by reducing their Jinx Value or Limit Reserve by 3. This aura extends out to 20ft and lasts until the start of their next turn, though they may reduce their Jinx Value by 3 to maintain the effect for an additional turn without taking an action. All creatures that are Shaken, Frightened, Panicked, Sickened, Nauseated, Fatigued, or Exhausted must roll twice for any attack rolls, critical confirmation rolls, ability checks, skill checks, or saving throws made while within the aura and take the lower roll. The witch knight may use Jinx on either of these rolls.

Those under the effects of Dire Brand also suffer from this effect and take a -2 penalty to all such rolls if they also suffer from one of the requisite status conditions.

*Add the associated skill of the Discipline the Witch Knight chose with Martial Study as a Militiaman to their skill list.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Playing a Witch Knight looks pretty fun. The one question I have is whether or not Malefic Initiate should require you to take an action to recover maneuvers via dumping your Jinx Value - technically they don't have the clause that prevents them from dumping your Jinx Value below 1...
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

20. - Top - End - #50

Playing a Witch Knight looks pretty fun. The one question I have is whether or not Malefic Initiate should require you to take an action to recover maneuvers via dumping your Jinx Value - technically they don't have the clause that prevents them from dumping your Jinx Value below 1...
    Yes, but the jinx ability itself says if an ability would drop the value below 1, it doesn't work, which essentially makes it impossible to reduce your limit reserve as well.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, but the jinx ability itself says if an ability would drop the value below 1, it doesn't work, which essentially makes it impossible to reduce your limit reserve as well.
    Technically, that feature only talks about Witchling abilities...

22. - Top - End - #52

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'm having some trouble parsing the first paragraph of Fire Dancer's Heat Haze.

This attack resolves before the attack roll is made. If the attack misses, the attacker is set on fire.
    My read is "This attack resolves before the triggering attack roll is made. If the triggering attack misses, the attacker is set on fire", rather than relying on your own attack missing. Is that right?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Saw this thread popped up and searched it for a concept I've been thinking about a lot recently, and was saddened to see it not something this project can pull off...so figured I'd suggest it:

Could you make something specializing in mundane crafting along the lines of these? Something that can craft mundane items cheaper or faster, or can maybe craft magic items appropriate to their craft type, or maybe can upgrade existing mundane items without making them magical?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew