New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCIX: Leakier Than A Changeling Bathtub!

So I just watched Watership Down on Netflix.
    Spoiler: Well, problem came when I watched the 1979 but my parents haven't
    Show

- Feel that Big Wig was portrayed as "leader" material and Hazel as rookie.
    - CGI is too stilted, more so in he fog scene.
    - They try to want the part from books, like the rabbit returned to the warren via a car, yet shifted too much.
    - People say that the creators mixed up "rabbits" with "hare".
    - No Pipkin, even if his role was too minimal other than "young buck who helped Big Wig bury himself".
    - Imagining Professor X (Hazel's VA), Star Wars! Finn (Big Wig's VA) and Nux (Fiver's VA) facing against Mandarin (Woundworth's VA).
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

Good start this morning; Amazon account was hacked. I have been having some emails for passowrd verificaiton for a few days - which I NEVER click on anything in, and I changed my passwords (having gone in through google as I always do); this morning, I came down to find a notification that the account's email had been changed to something ending in "ru."

So I got on the blower to Amazon (who pout in on hold, cancelled everything - no orders had been placed or anything, so there as that), and of course, had to check everything - I found and did another spyware scan (nothing), so I went and checked by bank account and paypal (seemed fine - I took the precaution of using a different browser in case there's something with Waterfox, since no psyware showed up) and I have now had the clear from amazon and changed my passowrd AGAIN, this time having to take the tedious step of adding two-step verification, which is a massive nuisence and something I specifically didn't want to have to do.

So we will see. I mean, there ain't much more I could do at this point...

Also, the dog escape somehow this morning, and Mum got a phone call from some people (because she has her mobile number on the collar, rather than the name) who found her and brought her back. We have no idea how she got out.

My brother-in-law's suprise party was today and was very beaqrly or ver actually spoiled at the last minute by Botty-Pain, who as soon as he saw his dad this morning said "it's your party tonight."

Been that sort of day...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-12-28 at 06:37 PM.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    spoiled at the last minute by Botty-Pain, who as soon as he saw his dad this morning said "it's your party tonight.
    Shake your tail!

4. - Top - End - #724
    Titan in the Playground

So, is anypony World's Longest Deathstreak on Steam? 'Cos I generally have a policy of not accepting friend requests unless I actually know more than just a Steam name (I ask since they appeaer to be on a ponies in the playground group). (And being a little more paranoid than usal after the aforementioned Amazon incident...)

Did the RPG session for the penultimate adventure for our most long-running Rolemaster party today.

Only damage I suceeded in doing to the PCs was shooting my own favourite character/NPC in the arm in an ambush before they got their ridiculous shield/adreanal defences up.

Sign of DM desparation that I was like "yeah, I'mma just take that as a win..."
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-12-29 at 05:55 PM.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

So, is anypony World's Longest Deathstreak on Steam? 'Cos I generally have a policy of not accepting friend requests unless I actually know more than just a Steam name (I ask since they appeaer to be on a ponies in the playground group). (And being a little more paranoid than usal after the aforementioned Amazon incident...)

Did the RPG session for the penultimate adventure for our most long-running Rolemaster party today.

Only damage I suceeded in doing to the PCs was shooting my own favourite character/NPC in the arm in an ambush before they got their ridiculous shield/adreanal defences up.

Sign of DM desparation that I was like "yeah, I'mma just take that as a win..."
    Well, I'm not World's Longest Deathstreak, but I did send you a friend request on Steam myself.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ettin in the Playground

Aye, that's me - Sorry for the cold invite!

7. - Top - End - #727
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Aye, that's me - Sorry for the cold invite!
    No problem - I am just a little wary, since I have had invites from complete random strangers before. I mean, you never know if one of them might be That Paladin in disguise or something...

8. - Top - End - #728
    Titan in the Playground

Happy New Year, ponythread!

Let's hope 2019 is an unambiguously good year, instead of the unmitigated disater it probably will be, given the current track record! I'm not cynical at all! Yay!

9. - Top - End - #729
    Banned

Happy New Year, ponythread!

Let's hope 2019 is an unambiguously good year, instead of the unmitigated disater it probably will be, given the current track record! I'm not cynical at all! Yay!
    I expect bits of continent to start falling into the sea.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Colossus in the Playground

So today I learned that my family only exists because my great-grandmother(Maternal Grandfather's bio-mother) miraculously avoided being institutionalized after shewas diagnossed as Schizophrenic in the decade where you could geta lobotomy for teenage moodiness, being lippy, becuase your parents paid a man, or becuase your doctor felt like it.

I am not sure if learning this on New Year's Eve is a good omen for the coming year or a bad one.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I am not sure if learning this on New Year's Eve is a good omen for the coming year or a bad one.
    Well... you're still here, yes? I'd take it as a sign that odds are in your family's favor.

Happy New Year too!
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

12. - Top - End - #732
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Happy New Year Guys!

Well, sort of. I have finally picked up my daughter's cold, am sitting in a sleeping bag feeling half-stunned because I am trying to get back into the correct sleep cycle for work tomorrow. And it's only 07:30! What more can the day bring?

Still, at least I got some sleep last night after the unceasing barrage of fireworks (which for some reason started at 22:00 - did they move midnight forward or something?).
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

13. - Top - End - #733

They needed to get it out of the way so they could get started on the heavy drinking.

Could be worse. Most of the News Years Eve live broadcasts quit at 21.00 this year.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    They needed to get it out of the way so they could get started on the heavy drinking.
    Now that I am feeling less yuk and slightly more charitable I suspect the 22:00 start was for children who had to go to bed well before midnight. It didn't help that I had a serious bout of insomnia the night before.

Oh well, back to work tomorrow...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

15. - Top - End - #735

Happy new year ponythread!

16. - Top - End - #736
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Thanqol - I love the haiku in your sig - when did that get added?

17. - Top - End - #737

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Thanqol - I love the haiku in your sig - when did that get added?
    At the start of summer, when I went looking for words to capture the feeling of being alone on the 8th floor at 7:30 am. Something about that moment is torn between mystique and mundanity.

It's not mine, but I've always had a huge soft spot for office haiku and this is the one that caught the feeling perfectly.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2019-01-01 at 06:45 PM.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

Happy New Year 2019, everyone!

Thanqol: I'm more curious about your avatar though, because I think that's new too. Who drew it? It's a pegasus in black war gear covering all her body except the head, blue coat, long yellow hair flowing in curvy thin strips.

19. - Top - End - #739

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Happy New Year 2019, everyone!

Thanqol: I'm more curious about your avatar though, because I think that's new too. Who drew it? It's a pegasus in black war gear covering all her body except the head, blue coat, long yellow hair flowing in curvy thin strips.
    It's a commission from Vulpessentia from some years ago. Character is Comet Kicker, an old Fallout: Equestria RPG character of mine. Pegasus Enclave soldier, expert in blowing things up from the air (cutie mark is a falling comet). Absolutely horrified by conditions in the Equestrian wasteland and very fussy when it comes to maintaining personal hygiene and fashion despite the post apocalypse. Believed in air striking ponies until they stopped being evil. Wound up going a little nuts - but, like, batman nuts - and wound up killing a giant crystal dragon, conquering a small nation and declaring herself the PRINCESS OF DEATH. Her new society, Sahar, was essentially a recreation of the old Pegatopian society, so very spata-esque but with a militant adherence to the virtues of harmony.

That game went for years, one of the most memorable and storied RPGs I've played.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2019-01-01 at 08:46 PM.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Happy new year ponythread!
    Happy New Year!

Have a Luna.

Spoiler: Big Picture
    Show

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Happy New Year!

Have a Luna.

Spoiler: Big Picture
    Show
    The link appaers to have expired...?

Thank you again, good pony (I you haven't already seen the Steam message); you are a gentlepony and a scholar. That was a very nice way to kick off the new year!

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ettin in the Playground

The link appaers to have expired...?

Thank you again, good pony (I you haven't already seen the Steam message); you are a gentlepony and a scholar. That was a very nice way to kick off the new year!
    Fixed (I think) - seems to be harder to embed deviantart pictures than I remember.

And you're welcome! - hope you have fun with it when you finish the CK2 run!

23. - Top - End - #743
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

so i hop on netflix(currently working through season 3 of Miraculous) and i see they have added Danger Mouse
    thinking back on the ringing endorsements from someskeleton on here i think i shall have to add it to my list...
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

24. - Top - End - #744
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    so i hop on netflix(currently working through season 3 of Miraculous) and i see they have added Danger Mouse
    thinking back on the ringing endorsements from someskeleton on here i think i shall have to add it to my list...
    Now, that's a bit annoying, over here, only the first season of it is on Netflx, and I'd kind of like to be able to watch more than random odd episodes (of season 2 at the latest).

Mind you, we've had old Dangermouse for ages (my Dad's been watching it).

Not sure if we have new Dangermouse or not, but eiher Dangermouse is awesome, so...

Kind of underwhelmed at what's on Netflix UK, actually. Not even past season six of MLP, for example - first season only of Steven Universe; again, if they actually had more than one, on occasions like yesterday, I might even have tried watching some. I skimmed through the anime section and found nothing that grabbed me - aside from findig out Seven Deadly Sins has a movie, so that's something to watch once I'm done with the series before I go back to The Naruto. That said, whoever writes netflix summaries is abslutely AWFUL at their jobs, they're distinctly subpar for even not-very-good fanfic summaries - they tell you basically NOTHING.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Banned

Kind of underwhelmed at what's on Netflix UK, actually. Not even past season six of MLP, for example - first season only of Steven Universe
    Sounds like Netflix UK is just filtering out the dross.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Now, that's a bit annoying, over here, only the first season of it is on Netflx, and I'd kind of like to be able to watch more than random odd episodes (of season 2 at the latest).

That said, whoever writes netflix summaries is abslutely AWFUL at their jobs, they're distinctly subpar for even not-very-good fanfic summaries - they tell you basically NOTHING.
    thats a shame..season 2 is better than season 1(hawkmoth actually comes uo w/ a good plan to throw the scent off of himself when they start getting too close)
    and season 3 the writers have really hit their stride so far(6 episodes left..they could still blow it)

that said it was the old one i saw..though apparently they also have 50 episodes of the 2015 reboot

and yeah..netflix summaries are often less than useful

---if you have Aggretsuko over there it may be worth a bit of your time..by the description i did NOT think i would like it but it was pretty good
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2019-01-04 at 10:32 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

thats a shame..season 2 is better than season 1(hawkmoth actually comes uo w/ a good plan to throw the scent off of himself when they start getting too close)
    and season 3 the writers have really hit their stride so far(6 episodes left..they could still blow it)
    That's what tweaks me - I've seen, like a couple of episodes of season two and i'm like "this is way better and the plot is moving from just the moderately okay 'problem of the week' of most of season one, just a little bit."

that said it was the old one i saw..though apparently they also have 50 episodes of the 2015 reboot
    Both are good in their respective ways; honestly the most marked difference is in Greenback, who was a little more ponderous in the original series. (The 2015 reboot was done by the BBC and it shows.)
    Yet Reboot Guardian Code is still on there...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-01-04 at 10:36 AM.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Can we please get a little more on-topic?

Fanfic: I have really enjoyed "If wishes were ponies". I never expected a HP / MLP crossover, especially one that uses normal muggle earth as well (i.e. -- not just a "Harry goes to Equestria" story) to be that good. And, ... After reading HP:MoR, I think canon Dumbledore really was that ... blind to history/tradition / not thinking of what else could be done.
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

29. - Top - End - #749

And yet they trimmed out Autumn Blaze, hands down the best thing about MLP s8. And 7, to be honest.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    And yet they trimmed out Autumn Blaze, hands down the best thing about MLP s8. And 7, to be honest.
    Baby, bathwater.