New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCIX: Leakier Than A Changeling Bathtub!

First panto dress rehersal down... One to go and then the performances after that...

Immediately followed by Hammerhead.

And I've just barely finished all the painting of the Phystyulons ready...

Speaking of, still wracking my brains on how to deal with the elenthnar.

Currently, two possibilities stand:

Spoiler
    Show

One. Retain four legs at the "corners" as stated, with arbitarily flexible hips, but aside from adding a short extra joint (the elenthnar/spider elgs have two extra), but make the default stance entirely upright. They would still walk a bit spider-like (using that extra spider-hip-joint), but foot-base would be much narrower, closer to human. (Left scribble)

Two: change to "biped," but have a pair of rear limbs, sprouting from the arse, to put it bluntly, that are neither tails nor arms nor legs, but a sort of combination of all - limbs which is vaguely prehensile-tail-like, but can also serve as, if not locamotive legs, certainly climbing and/or standing props (maps with their climbing thing). Ball-and-socket sort of poiint allowing almost 180º of rotation vertically (so they can point up or down or out to, say 90º to the left or rigth side, depending on which side the limb is). Said limbs would be, at rest, folded up vertically along the back, so could also be used as "arms" (without hands, but maybe vagule grasping feet-ish?) to, for example, allow them to carry stuff (like we would in the crook of our elbows, almost, but more so). Bonus points for being a suggestion that would be how the arborial elenthnar might carry their babies, like a sort of built in back-pack baby carrier.

(Right scribble)

Thoughts?

2. - Top - End - #902
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Thoughts?
    Well, I was thinking something along using pipe cleaners for legs. They should glue better than straight wire, and will take paint better. Also, posable! That should give you the multi-limb option.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Well, I was thinking something along using pipe cleaners for legs. They should glue better than straight wire, and will take paint better. Also, posable! That should give you the multi-limb option.
    The models are too small, and that'd be way too fiddly (and couldn't be put up on the Shipyards) - we are talking about 144th infantry here, with crica 1mm leg thickness (and something like two to four dozen troops. For every elenthnar army.)

Modelling isn't, particularly, the issue, as much as just working out how to get the leg-span down without making them just more bipeds. Spider-legs just sprawl too much. (And that's true whether you CAD 'em or make 'em from wire or something, if you wanted to spend tens of hours making infantry at 12mm, peering at 'em and having to use tools under the magnifiy glass... Which I don't!) This is more of a biology-first, model-second problem, really.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-02-16 at 09:56 PM.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Colossus in the Playground

First panto dress rehersal down... One to go and then the performances after that...
    So what story are you doing this year?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    So what story are you doing this year?
    Queen of Hearts, wherein, as might surprise you entirely, I am the bad guy.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

You knave, you.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

7. - Top - End - #907

Considering that about two or three years ago you outright stated that you always play the Bad Guy(because you're barely acting) I am not at all surprised.

(I can remember that, but I can't remember what state was the first in the US to have s separate justice system for juveniles after reviwing it that morning. Thanks memory.)

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

A friend of mine in high school wanted to join the Navy and become a Submarine person.

He said he'd done research into it and said that you actually had to fail a specific part of the psych evaluation in a specific way to be staioned on a sub long term becuase "typical" people can't handle being trapped in confined spaces for extended periods of time and they still has special inflattable vests for getting people to the surface asap in case someone had a freak-out and needed fresh-air and/or sunlight right the **** now.
    yeahhhhhhh...no
    the escape training ended well before i was serving(88-97)
    Spoiler: sub escape training tower at Pearl Harbor
    Show

according to wikipedia they stopped using this in 1983

and then there is this from the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center(where you catch the ferry to the Arizona)

that was a relic of WWII experience where the boats often operated in extremely shallow waters
    i mean..we were shown a film about it once or twice and i THINK we still had those hoods on board(not sure about that)
    something about always training for the last war.....

the escape trunks(the little airlocks where a diving bell/DSRV can hook up and take a dozen or so at a time off from a sunken sub)((at least as far as the Los Angeles and Ohio classes..not sure if they even bothered with em on the Seawolf and later)) were put there "for scared mommies and congresspeople" as i was told

the area of the oceans where modern subs typically will be working that is shallow enough a sub can go down and not be completely crushed is somewhere well under 1% we were told(basically just the continental shelf around land masses..and in Hawaii where i was mostly stationed that drops off sharply..somewhere less than a mile from shore i believe)
    and the area where you could actually free ascent using an escape hood even smaller than that
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2019-02-18 at 09:32 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

9. - Top - End - #909
    Titan in the Playground

Well, good news is that the medication worked pretty well. I was a little nauseous, but overall was fine for the second trip out. Side effects are fun though. My head is spinning now that I'm on shore, and I drank so much water on the trip.

Still things went well, so I'm optimistic about the future now.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Well, good news is that the medication worked pretty well. I was a little nauseous, but overall was fine for the second trip out. Side effects are fun though. My head is spinning now that I'm on shore, and I drank so much water on the trip.
    Huzzah for drugs!
    Maybe our FOE game has a point. XD

Spoiler: Fleetfoot
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

11. - Top - End - #911
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

well, with the tweets coming out last night/this morning from Nicole Oliver and Daniel Ingram
    and likely others i have not seen yet
    it looks pretty safe to say season 9 is the final season

..aaaaand Lauren Faust is in charge of the upcoming DC Superhero Girls series coming to cartoon network next month......
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2019-02-20 at 08:54 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

12. - Top - End - #912
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post

Well, that's something at least.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    well, with the tweets coming out last night/this morning from Nicole Oliver and Daniel Ingram

..aaaaand Lauren Faust is in charge of the upcoming DC Superhero Girls series coming to cartoon network next month......
    Well, nine seasons is more than most shows that aren't big anime get.

One performance down one to go. Not helped by two minutes aftrer leaving, the car petrol light went on. Which, never having gotten low before, I had no idea of how much warning you get, and then getting there to find my crappy mobile is out of charge1. And bearing in mind I have never actually had to refuel a car.

(So after the performance, my sister came back with me - she and the husband had to come to our house anyway to pick up Botty-Pain - to instruct me, so at least I have ruddy clue what I'm doing.)

Audience enjoyed it, but were not very responsive at all (I didn't even get a boo until the third time I was going off).

1Phone batteries are clearly made of excretia, since I can turn my DS on after months and months and it still has charge, but my phone - which is never on except for emergancies - seems never to last more than five minutes. Load of old crap.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ettin in the Playground

So any idea for new grown-men fans and claims of "making works toxic to little girls".
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

14. - Top - End - #914
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    So any idea for new grown-men fans and claims of "making works toxic to little girls".
    Well, there's always the new series of She-Ra; though that has the opposite effect to the fans being accused of all being furries and pedophiles, but rather because the characters aren't sexual-fantasy fodder for men in theri 40s who were kids when the show first aired. so we can exchange one set of meaningless bigotry for another! Yay!

15. - Top - End - #915
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    You say that with such skepticism, as if it hasn't happened.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ettin in the Playground

Yep - saw that that announcement. Pony is ending, long live Pony!

There have been a bunch of twitter responses from the team.

Nine seasons - been a good run. And will be interesting to see whether Gen 5 is worth keeping tabs on after.

In the meantime, I don't have any plans to stop lurking around here and running my RPs

17. - Top - End - #917

Nine seasons and a movie. It's been a good run.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Surely two movies - Didn't they just announce one?

If they can keep the quality up for the season and go out on a strong note, then I'll be satisfied. The one thing I dreaded was MLP dragging on and on and on until it just faded away.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Titan in the Playground

Two down, three to go...

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Awwww, it's like Wildstar all over again.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

21. - Top - End - #921
    Banned

Given the timing (2021) and the art style shift (3D CGI), it's almost certainly the Gen 5 intro movie.

22. - Top - End - #922

9 seasons, several movies, and several spinoffs of some of those movies.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Banned

9 seasons, several movies, and several spinoffs of some of those movies.
    EqG isn't being canned, though.

24. - Top - End - #924

EqG isn't being canned, though.
    This isn't relevant.

Equestria Girls is a derivative property of MLP: FIM. Four movies(Unless I missed one) and several shorts and specials. This is in addition to the Nine seasons of the main show and the big budget movie.

9 seasons, five movies, and the non-movie EQG stuff is a miraculous run for a series.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Banned

Equestria Girls is a derivative property of MLP: FIM.
    No it isn't. FiM and EqG are equally derivative of MLP itself, but with respect to each other are distinct properties with their own subtitles and branding. That EqG got a backdoor pilot from FiM, exists in the same continuity as FiM, and crosses over with FiM from time to time (Rainbow Rocks, Forgotten Friendship, and the upcoming special) does not change that come next year, one will be an ongoing property and one will not.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Spamalot in the Playground

Yes, they did announce a second movie.

And don't call me Shirley.

If they can keep the quality up for the season and go out on a strong note, then I'll be satisfied. The one thing I dreaded was MLP dragging on and on and on until it just faded away.
    I felt they rather did start the drag around season... 6ish.

Spoiler: Trixie put on some weight since season 1.
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

27. - Top - End - #927
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Yep, been a fun ride. And at least G5 will have a decent budget.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Yes, they did announce a second movie.

And don't call me Shirley.
    Ah. The old ones are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I felt they rather did start the drag around season... 6ish.
    I'd have said 7, myself - but really each season has had a number of good episodes and a number of weak episodes. I think the overall quality has remained reasonable.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. The old ones are the best.
    Ohhhh no, they aren...

Dammit...! Force of habit.

Three down - not perhaps our best, with even me managing to carefully keep the secret documents that they couldn't find in my pocket, by which I mean, clearly the... dimensional pocket off-stage and not, in fact, in my actual pocket, because of course that was entirely correct.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Ohhhh no, they aren...

Dammit...! Force of habit.
    Oh, talking with you is such a Pantomime!!

Three down - not perhaps our best, with even me managing to carefully keep the secret documents that they couldn't find in my pocket, by which I mean, clearly the... dimensional pocket off-stage and not, in fact, in my actual pocket, because of course that was entirely correct.
    I'd say "break a leg", but as the villain it is probably more appropriate for you to break someone elses...
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; 2019-02-23 at 06:16 AM.