Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCIX: Leakier Than A Changeling Bathtub!

Hey, so the Totally Legit Rainbow Rocks Recap got its final part.

Gracious, I love DWK. It's clear just how much unrelenting passion and dedication he put into this. Full on lip synching, he learned to play new instruments, perfect pacing, and he finally gave us all the true meaning of waifus.
    We must hurry if we wish to win the game before we realize the game is pointless.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Hey, so the Totally Legit Rainbow Rocks Recap got its final part.

Gracious, I love DWK. It's clear just how much unrelenting passion and dedication he put into this. Full on lip synching, he learned to play new instruments, perfect pacing, and he finally gave us all the true meaning of waifus.
    Don't have time to watch...Gonna be a long day at work. :(

3. - Top - End - #963
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    True, but today is worse than most. My grandfather died this morning.
    Aww, that sucks. :/

Condolences. Losing family is indeed worse than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Adderbane View Post
    Don't have time to watch...Gonna be a long day at work. :(
    Aye, trying to navigate state-level bureaucracy is a pain in the flank for me today. Three different states and they all do the same thing differently.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #964
    Titan in the Playground

Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    wait..what?
    why the bleep would they do that?
    Your guess is as good as mine.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Troll in the Playground

I find "They're idiots" is generally a good first guess. "Lawyers" is generally on the list as well.

Condolences on your loss, Zim.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Likewise Condolences. Having run out of grandparents, parents and a number of friends, I do sympathise. It is never easy, even when you have warning.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

7. - Top - End - #967
    Titan in the Playground

Imgur is supported by ad revenue.

Lots of people posting Imgur linked images means lost of people use Imgur's service without seeing ads on Imgur's site, and thus without generating any revenue for Imgur.

Apparently, Giantitp users surpassed the limit of hotlinking without actually linking that Imgur was willing to tolerate.

At least that's the explanation the people in the Demotivational Poster thread came up with.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here.

Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Titan in the Playground

Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)

Hammerhead tomorrow, you know what is coming...

Also, I realised there is a really quite large pony mod for Hearts of Iron IV, which I actually installed and did the tutorial for. Might be a bit before it gets updated to the next pacth version of course, but...

9. - Top - End - #969
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

My condolences. That's awful.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks, everyone.

FWIW, he died just the way he wanted to - at a moment when it just so happened none of us were in the hospital room with him, the first such moment in many weeks. He was a strange man, and we loved him for it. And his body will go the way the song has it Joe Hill's went. Probably some time in the summer.
    You, who have nothing at all to believe in; to you, whose motto is "money comes first;" who are you, to tell us that our lives have been wasted? That all that we've fought for has turned into dust?

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I'm jumping on the Zim bandwagon.
    Human stick-figure Twilight Sparkle by me. Find more here.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks, everyone.

FWIW, he died just the way he wanted to - at a moment when it just so happened none of us were in the hospital room with him, the first such moment in many weeks. He was a strange man, and we loved him for it. And his body will go the way the song has it Joe Hill's went. Probably some time in the summer.
    Now there's a tear in my eye.
    We also lost one of my relatives just years ago, she was 90's.
    Pony Minecraft Avatar by Dirtytabs
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

12. - Top - End - #972
    Titan in the Playground

Too knackered - plus Mum's birthday to to it yesterday, so it was delayed until today, but in the words of Cloister the Stupid, I have returnethéd.

Not bad convention, we were pretty busy chatting (though we did pack up slightly early, because we had to get back 'cos it was Mum's birthday.) I even bought Some Starships That Weren't Mine (Ground Zero Games had some new Kra'Vak out, and as they are probably my least used-fleet - the combination of no shields, high-class bolts being were swing-y and a total reliance on PDM (point-defence missiles) for missile defence means that they are A Bit Pants - the new fleet designs with little turrets are a good excuse to kit them out wth some actual PD guns...)

Spoiler: The Battle
    Show
    The Phystyulons have pentrated, using their Dro-Sanla into dwarf space on their way to the Path to Enlightenment. (Is it a place? A state of being? Only Physt - wherever he is at the moment - and KALAX know for sure.) However, they encountered a secret GLA encampment on one of the worlds, apparently unbeknownst to the dwarves. And thus what followed was the typical GLA response to stimuli - screaming "aiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiai!" while charging.

The battlefield:

GLA Right

GLA Centre

GLA Left

Phystyulon Right

Phystyulon Centre

Phystyulon Left

We didn't even quite finish one bound (usually a sign we were talking a lot), but it was still pretty bad for the GLA.

The Hyeneas in the centre had been basically wiped out in taking out the Laser Pylon, and stripping the shields off the MBTs and HAPCs on the ridges.

The only successes was a just-barely-managed-the-handshakes (bearing in mind each chain is at 7+ on D20 and there were about four stages...) was dropping a full load of Scud Mortar rounds on the now-shield-less heavy APCs and killing two of them:

... and gross overkill on a trio of Rocket Cycles, in the area deliniated by those little green markers there (because I haven't made a stonk marker for the toxin/nanite field and Dad's swamp markers were handy!) I dropped a full load of 11 stonks on them, hoping for the low chance of an actual armour hit - like I did on those APCs later - before remembering, wait, bikes, open-topped, in the open, one would have done...

There were MBTs near the forest on the right, though the presense of all the infantry and the terrorists (in those cars) kept my oppo from being too keen...

... which was as well, since I'd lost two of my rocket Boxers (which were SUPPOSED to be my reserve) thanks to spotted rocket fire from the Tarovazks at the back because I hadn't placed them well (despite my efforts, I still hand't given myself a safe deployment zone when I did the map even then. I all too often do that, and it probably doesn't help that it means I split my army up before I start...) That's why the bikes need to go.

I am left with the impression that, despite out-numbering the enemy basically three to one, the GLa probably would have needed to cycle in the Hyeanas to be able to continue...

Before we reach the dreaded Humoruous Pictures, a moment of shameless self-indulgance. I did some casting master commissions for Kallistra (who run Hammerhead, actually, which is partly why we get in the snazzy bit with the carpet!) for some (144th) WW1 tanks. It has taken the ages to actuall get them released - they apparently had so much trouble getting a decent print to make the master from they bought their own in the end! But they were all finally out, and I am dead pleased. The fact the rivets working - at a mere 0.2mm in diameter, I am still well-chuffed over.
    Spoiler
    Show

And now the oft-dreaded moment of truth: Humourous Pictures

Spoiler
    Show

There was no base defence like excessive base defence.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Titan in the Playground

*pokes ponythread with stick*

Oi, come on, I know I'm awesome, but this is riduclous.

Don't make me animate you.

I mean, how can I possibly bore you all with the Equestria at War mod for Heart of Iron IV (when it updates and I've followed up my... Not-very-good Italy run that I finished last night1 with hopefully a better German one) if you aren't there to be bored at?

I mean, come on, it's the first GSG out of 'em that even appears to HAVE a decent pony mod, let alone such a massive and extensive one!

Spoiler
    Show

England and Romania locked me out of the entire bottom half of the non-tech national focus tree, more or less simulataneously, preventing both Pact of Iron and Italy First... So I basically had to join the Axis anyway,

Germany snowballed, with England's help, and I was pretty much irrelevant for the game.

I did pretty well with research, I think, though I almost completely neglcted doctrines (since Italy has two already chosen and I had no idea what to pick for ai combat - until the ended phase of the game, where it was a case of "might as well, now."

I maxed out the navy tree, and Italy has a fairly strong, modern navy (alibeit with only one carrier...) And jet fighters. And nukes (I even got to drop one on the US, for all that was worth...)

The problem was, because Germany and the UK snowballed so fast, I basically never got enough forces to make any contributions (I had, what just barely over a hundred divisions at game's end), so I never got any resources (and I was entirely dependant on Germany's steel exports, and every so often, Hitler would switch to closed economy and back again for no readily apparent reason, which completel scuppered me). All my provinces were more or less maxed out with factories... Which would have been more helpful if I didn't require so many civilian factories to import stuff.

I was completely taken aback at the end of the first big war where, having occupied chuncks of France, they were neatly taken out of my hands by Germany. It frustrated me even more when I tried several times picking on a small nation, not calling my allies in, then having it dragged into the big wars, so I got scraps, if anything, out of it. (The delight of being given, like, the option of two provinces and being told "nope, you can't pick that one after all" - pretty sure at one point I had to pass because it wouldn't let me take any provinces and then I got nothing.)

(Italy's grand reward at the end of the final war as Missouri. Yay...?)

I think the only war in which I had any relevance was Etheiopia - everywhere else, the Germans and British just swamped everything, so I have learned basically nothing about land combat at all, except that the divisions never seem to go where I wanted and it was all-to-easy to miss-click. So that is kinda disappointing.

I have learned something about sea and navy combat, sorta. I'm not sure, for all my elite navy, i ever actually fought any decent battles mostly just sinking convoys and the odd ship with aircraft and the subs.

End game was basically just idly watching the US fall, while making the one cursory naval invasion of the Phillipenes (notably for the only time I launched one, as all the others, the war ended before I even got out to see) and shufting my air units around to provide jet fighter support with my pretty dang good (nearly maxed air XP on upgrades, since I'd barely spent any until Jet I) fighters. (And only a default model for it, too...)

Think the trouble with HoI4 compared to the other GSG is that the shorter time it takes to play means that you can't dig yourself out of the hole. If you don't get it right right out of the gate (I mean, this was on recruit), you're kind of screwed.

England or Germany maybe, next time...?

Also, 4th, really, how does puppet America get to thrid place considering it literally just got formed?

Still, I suppose Italy being a bit ineffectual and merely humored by Germany and the UK seems sort of... In keeping with the period.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    *pokes ponythread with stick*
    Snooze...
    Spoiler
    Show

I didn't have anything real interesting to say this week. Life's been just the usual grind; work, cook, clean, ensure daughter is doing homework rather than starting up a Florida chapter of Team Rocket... that sort of stuff. ^^;
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm also in the "haven't had anything interesting to talk about" category, unless anypony wants to here me babble about updates on the fics I've been working on.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #976
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: So far
    Show
    Applejack: I'll need this if I'm going to take her around the mountain another way.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Appleshy1973 View Post
    Spoiler: So far
    Show
    Wow. I don't know how I'll feel once the final episode hits. This is gonna be the Adventure Time finale all over, is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.
    Winner of MSE's Card of the Week #106 and #131
    You can now bind me as a vestige!

18. - Top - End - #978
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    I'm also in the "haven't had anything interesting to talk about" category, unless anypony wants to here me babble about updates on the fics I've been working on.
    Nah, I'd rather just read the fics

There's another new trailer out today.
    Last edited by zimmerwald1915; 2019-03-08 at 01:37 PM.
    You, who have nothing at all to believe in; to you, whose motto is "money comes first;" who are you, to tell us that our lives have been wasted? That all that we've fought for has turned into dust?

19. - Top - End - #979
    Titan in the Playground

Throw me onto the "was busy with schoolwork and Fanfics" pile.

And my fics aren't pony fics, so unless "cute little girl who loves superheroes" is pony related I can't even share what I've been working on.

Also, is "pony" a verb now? Because my grammar and spelling app keeps telling me that "aren't pony fics" should be "aren't ponied fics" or "aren't ponying fics"

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Throw me onto the "was busy with schoolwork and Fanfics" pile.

And my fics aren't pony fics, so unless "cute little girl who loves superheroes" is pony related I can't even share what I've been working on.

Also, is "pony" a verb now? Because my grammar and spelling app keeps telling me that "aren't pony fics" should be "aren't ponied fics" or "aren't ponying fics"
    It is, actually.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Titan in the Playground

Never stopped me in the frighteningly eight-nine years I've been posting to ponythread...

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Well, I was going to post my reaction to MLP:FIM #75, but then I started on a pint of Angry Orchard (Applejack would be proud...) on an empty stomach, and I am now drunk in charge of a keyboard.

Short version: It was hilarious. From the names of the stars and Spike's box of Soylent Emerald (made of dragons? They need to think their references through...) It has been a couple of giggles every page. Or perhaps that's the cider.

From the same comic book run, Viz (no, not that one) are also republishing Urusei Yatsura - the right way round, and with a better translation. It's going to be a good weekend.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

23. - Top - End - #983
    Troll in the Playground

At this point, much of what I'm doing is covered by an NDA. And even if I could tell you, I wouldn't. I actually like you, so inspiring you to engage in anything resembling glassing portions of the planet is right out.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Titan in the Playground

Well right now I'm just in a cafe taking a break from driving to ucluelet from Port Hardy. I'm tempted to try one of the alcoholic milkshakes but I need to drive still.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Well right now I'm just in a cafe taking a break from driving to ucluelet from Port Hardy. I'm tempted to try one of the alcoholic milkshakes but I need to drive still.
    I mean, can you get it in a to-go cup?

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, can you get it in a to-go cup?
    Heh maybe, but I'm pretty sure it'd melt before I finished my trip.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Next Equestria Girls short?
    Show
    Applejack: I'll need this if I'm going to take her around the mountain another way.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Titan in the Playground

Spectacular.

So, the whole "Equestria at War" thing could be a while, since I am apparently SO BAD at Hearts of Iron IV that I just basically lost, as Germany (currently considered just about the most OP), on Recruit difficulty (i.e. "easy"), by early 1939. Despite, y'know, doing my usual level of research before and during play.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-03-09 at 06:36 PM.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Spectacular.

So, the whole "Equestria at War" thing could be a while, since I am apparently SO BAD at Hearts of Iron IV that I just basically lost, as Germany (currently considered just about the most OP), on Recruit difficulty (i.e. "easy"), by early 1939. Despite, y'know, doing my usual level of research before and during play.
    I thought U.S.A. was Easy mode in HoI.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Titan in the Playground

I thought U.S.A. was Easy mode in HoI.
    As of the latest expansion/patch, Germany is absolutely near-unstoppable under AI control, pretty much curb-stomping France/USSR etc. So, I thought "ah, ought to be able to do not a bad job, considering I've Done A Twilight with the research." Nope.

Which means I'm worse at it than the AI. (Y'know, the thing everyone always complains is too dumb...)

A gentleman on their forums say that for my second game, I'm doing very well in some areas and that he can see I have done the research, so there's maybe some hope...

Might be a case of trying to get to the sort of optimal levels far too early, from the sound of what he said.