Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1448
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCIX: Leakier Than A Changeling Bathtub!

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Did I miss something? Why would anyone make that?
    People like bacon

People like vodka.

Some people think that everything is a peanut butter cup.

I mean, I'm sure that someone out there likes the taste of bacon-flavored vodka, but considering that vodka is so refined and distilled so that good vodka is basically just slightly watered down ethanol I don't think you can add enough flavoring for it to be meaningfully noticeable and bad vodka is gonna be bad no matter what flavor you add to it so why bother?

(Personally, I think all flavored Vodka is nasty. I don't have much of a taste for liquor in general, though I've considered trying rice wine since it doesn't have any of the stuff that makes grape wine taste like piss.)
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here.

Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Well, I'm pretty sure I won't be touching Pathfinder 2E with a bargepole, if Starfinder is to PF1 what Star Wars D20 Legacy was to 3.5.
    I ran the Pathfinder 2E Playtest for my Iron Gods group and am quite excited for the new edition, but I appear to be one of only two of us in the group who is (our GURPS diehard/5e fanboy ragequit halfway through). The other player who liked it is also running Starfinder for a different group, so I guess that figures.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my nation
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    I guess Applejack's initial not believing in the Great Seedling didn't bother me as much since I interpreted it as more of a 'Santa Claus' type of myth rather than one of the 'real' magical phenomena that exist in Equestria. Although, the idea of there being a distinction between old mare's tales and real magical creatures gives me an idea for a fanfic, where a pony comes to Earth and is incredulous at humans dismissing some science fiction as strictly impossible when we're surrounded by so much (from a pony's point of view) fantastically advanced technology already.
    I mean, people marvel at the Star Trek medical tricorder, but they don't realize we actually have most of that technology now to scan people without touching them.

So, our newest player expressed a desire to run a Starfinder campaign.
    Oooh, that sounds fun! I have the main book and find most of it quite interesting. I tried to run a campaign under the system, but after three sessions scheduling conflicts tore up our group. :/

Still, for what I tasted as the DM, I liked it. The players all seemed to be fairly for it as well. I think the weakest aspect of the system are the alien races. They feel pretty uninspired. I went online and collected some more interesting races (I even found a few based on the Master of Orion series).

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    poll:
    are you more toward the "oh bleep no!" or the "sounds yummy" end of the spectrum?
    I'm squarely in the "Meh, I'll pass" category.

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    (Personally, I think all flavored Vodka is nasty. I don't have much of a taste for liquor in general, though I've considered trying rice wine since it doesn't have any of the stuff that makes grape wine taste like piss.)
    Vodka I feel is one of those alcohols you have to put together in a mixed drink to make it work. Otherwise it's like eating a raw cake ingredient.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    I ran the Pathfinder 2E Playtest for my Iron Gods group and am quite excited for the new edition, but I appear to be one of only two of us in the group who is (our GURPS diehard/5e fanboy ragequit halfway through). The other player who liked it is also running Starfinder for a different group, so I guess that figures.
    I participated in a PF2 playtest, but we only got one session in before the GM had to leave the group and I completely missed the one combat scene that occurred. The character creation aspect seemed fine I guess. I would like to actually play the system at some point.

Also, a GURPS/5e person sounds really odd. That's like... opposite ends of the RPG mechanics spectrum. :3
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Titan in the Playground

Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)

Yeah, but what don't you think that of?

Honestly I'm having trouble imagining it being less appealing than ordinary breakfast cereal. Which isn't "yummy" by any stretch of the imagination (unless it's two in the afternoon and I've skipped breakfast) but not actively offensive either.
    Cereal stands below chocolate only slightly.

If you thought it is hard prying chocolate, which is to be savoured out of my hands, you would find ACTUALLY impossible to take my cereal away.

Breakfast IS cereal, as is supper.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    The more I read starfinder, the more I realised that it had decided, just like 4E, the mathmatical balance should be the system priority and thus went out of its way to minimise every modifier. Like it was so utterly terrified of the CharOp boards, the mere thought of having a character of one race starting with 5% more than another character of a slightly different race that it had to go and have a little cry in the corner in a foetal position.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Also, a GURPS/5e person sounds really odd. That's like... opposite ends of the RPG mechanics spectrum. :3
    Yes, that is a little... Odd.

But I think I can understand why they didn't like it, since Starfinder seems to basically be trying the middle ground of those extremes and appears to essentially combine the worst aspects without the strengths. It lacks the level of... building blocks to be stuck together to make a character that is 3.x basic primary strength and, well, seems to streamline for the sake of streamlining by trying to control the maths far too tightly at the expense of actually allowing any real level of flexibility. Like it was written by a guy who said "there's too many modifiers! My brain can't cope!" (And also "I hate spellcasters!")

I went into Starfinder expecting to have LEGO and got... Well, Tente. Maybe MegaBlocks if I'm being generous.

So I'm as much disappointed as I am annoyed.

I would be less bothered, I suspect if Starfinder was entirely a different system altogether, but it got my hopes up and so had further to fall.

(Probably doesn't help that I have been stealing all of the GOOD - sometimes astoundingly good - ideas out of Pathfinder (a lot of which, bizarrely, Starfinder seems to have streamlined away) and forgetting there was a reason I was doing that not playing Pathfinder straight.)

For the record? My current party buffs up so much, they've made special buff cards for all the party buffs now. They absolutely love getting their +5 to hit/+6 +2D6 fire damage to all their attacks (especially the mage and druid, who love shooting their Scorching Rays and Ice Lance which are also On Fire (and yes, I did just realise that the rules probably would say that the bonus only apply to the first ray, not all the rays, but no, I don't care, it's been perfectly fine playing the way they have and it's not like I won't do the exact same thing to them back if I want). The bard player in particular absolutely is loving every minute of providing most of those buffs. The barbarian (and everyone else) loves his seven attacks per round pouncing headless charges and often-not-short-of two-hundred damage, in large part thanks to that.

Because, you know what, larger numbers DO make it more fun a lot of the time.

And remember, I doing all this with SEVEN OR EIGHT CHARACTER PARTIES.

So yeah, you can imagine I am... unenthused at a game system that basically tacitly says "but you're playing it wrong and breaking the gaaaaaaaaame!"
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-06-07 at 08:06 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ogre in the Playground

Cereal stands below chocolate only slightly.

If you thought it is hard prying chocolate, which is to be savoured out of my hands, you would find ACTUALLY impossible to take my cereal away.

Breakfast IS cereal, as is supper.
    This raises an important question; How do you feel about chocolate cereal?

The more I read starfinder, the more I realised that it had decided, just like 4E, the mathmatical balance should be the system priority and thus went out of its way to minimise every modifier. Like it was so utterly terrified of the CharOp boards, the mere thought of having a character of one race starting with 5% more than another character of a slightly different race that it had to go and have a little cry in the corner in a foetal position.

Yes, that is a little... Odd.

But I think I can understand why they didn't like it, since Starfinder seems to basically be trying the middle ground of those extremes and appears to essentially combine the worst aspects without the strengths. It lacks the level of... building blocks to be stuck together to make a character that is 3.x basic primary strength and, well, seems to streamline for the sake of streamlining by trying to control the maths far too tightly at the expense of actually allowing any real level of flexibility. Like it was written by a guy who said "there's too many modifiers! My brain can't cope!" (And also "I hate spellcasters!")

I went into Starfinder expecting to have LEGO and got... Well, Tente. Maybe MegaBlocks if I'm being generous.

So I'm as much disappointed as I am annoyed.

I would be less bothered, I suspect if Starfinder was entirely a different system altogether, but it got my hopes up and so had further to fall.

(Probably doesn't help that I have been stealing all of the GOOD - sometimes astoundingly good - ideas out of Pathfinder (a lot of which, bizarrely, Starfinder seems to have streamlined away) and forgetting there was a reason I was doing that not playing Pathfinder straight.)

For the record? My current party buffs up so much, they've made special buff cards for all the party buffs now. They absolutely love getting their +5 to hit/+6 +2D6 fire damage to all their attacks (especially the mage and druid, who love shooting their Scorching Rays and Ice Lance which are also On Fire (and yes, I did just realise that the rules probably would say that the bonus only apply to the first ray, not all the rays, but no, I don't care, it's been perfectly fine playing the way they have and it's not like I won't do the exact same thing to them back if I want). The bard player in particular absolutely is loving every minute of providing most of those buffs. The barbarian (and everyone else) loves his seven attacks per round pouncing headless charges and often-not-short-of two-hundred damage, in large part thanks to that.

Because, you know what, larger numbers DO make it more fun a lot of the time.

And remember, I doing all this with SEVEN OR EIGHT CHARACTER PARTIES.

So yeah, you can imagine I am... unenthused at a game system that basically tacitly says "but you're playing it wrong and breaking the gaaaaaaaaame!"
    To be honest, my interest in Starfinder thus far has been more or less to do with it what you've apparently been doing with Pathfinder, so I hadn't really noticed the issues with the system yet (I've been too preoccupied with the starship rules to even look at how character creation works).
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Titan in the Playground

Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)

This raises an important question; How do you feel about chocolate cereal?
    Coco Pops are in the general rotation, but the primaries are Shreddies (ordinary, they don't need anything else other than milk) and Bran Flakes. In that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    To be honest, my interest in Starfinder thus far has been more or less to do with it what you've apparently been doing with Pathfinder, so I hadn't really noticed the issues with the system yet (I've been too preoccupied with the starship rules to even look at how character creation works).
    That's one bit I've not bothered to look at. I have NEVER seen, nor managed to cobble together, a satisfactory vehicle combat system for an RPG and I've tried SO MANY TIMES. Rolemaster is on... Bleakbane Version 5. Bear in mind I've been playing RM for as long as I've been roleplaying, so nearly 30 years (TWICE as long as it took my to write and publish my own entire set of starship rules.) I must have tried at least two or three times with Star Wars D20, including at least one instance out outright using my own homebrew SW fighter combat rules as a wargame for those parts (for the Empire's 666 Tigershark Squadron, naturally).

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Troll in the Playground

The only vehicle rules I've kind of liked was the Warships book for Alternity a couple decades back. And it wasn't dramatic or cinematic, but made for WWII style slugfests.

8. - Top - End - #1328

Well, he likes the "realism" (i.e., low powered grittiness) of GURPS, but doesn't have anyone here to play it with. Of the D&D variants he does have people to play with, he prefers 5e because it's the most like GURPS, being "bounded" and all.

Commodore, I'd agree that Paizo is taking a approach that's closer to 4E than 3.5, but with less of a radical departure from the 3.x style than 4E did. Our 4E DM (whose campaign I am playing in and generally enjoying) thought the Playtest was okay, though he did have some caveats (and he loves him some splatbooks, so not having hundreds of options to mix and match tends to leave him somewhat cold). (The GURPS/5e player ragequit the 4E campaign as well, by the way.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    The only vehicle rules I've kind of liked was the Warships book for Alternity a couple decades back. And it wasn't dramatic or cinematic, but made for WWII style slugfests.
    It's been years since we played Alternity, but I seem to remember that if you targeted your shots rather than using the hit table it was ridiculously easy to cripple an opponent's ship.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my nation
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Troll in the Playground

Not any different from any other combat system with a Called Shot mechanic. Distinct elements of rocket tag at work there.

10. - Top - End - #1330

ATORScommander there's two things that might get you interested in PF2E. First it's been stated that they plan to have the Online SRD up and running on August 1st same day as the books go on sale and it's going to be every bit as extensive as the 1E version. Letting you check out pretty much all the rules for free. Second the winter 2019 release is the Game Mastery Guide. On the Paizo forums Mark Seifter the books head writer has all but outright stated that it's going to have a section explaining the games math and design philosophy with examples of how to modify it and which parts of it are easy or hard to do so. He's stated that one of his goals is to make PF2 one of the easiest systems to hack and homebrew ever made.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Troll in the Playground

so that abomination i showed you guys...
    apparently they have sold like --NONE--
    it is already in the damaged/last chance area at 1/2 off (30% or less is the usual markdown)

Coco Pops are in the general rotation, but the primaries are Shreddies (ordinary, they don't need anything else other than milk) and Bran Flakes. In that order.
    1)Wheaties
    2)Golden Grahams
    3)Honey Nut Cheerios
    (and i prefer my bran flakes w/ raisins)
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: S9 E11
    Show
    I legitimately thought this episode was great. It started a little slow, and the episode's message about finding a work-life balance was made clear early on, but once the second half got underway it just took off. Surprisingly, I actually found Mudbriar to be rather enjoyable this time around, helped immensely by his being forced to try and rein in his pedantic-ness. That point might have only really been topped by Maud's swooning over Statuebriar.

I give this episode an A-, it had a good message, did a good job of avoiding being predictable in the second half and actually got me to laugh out loud at a few points. What keeps it from being an outright A was the fact that the first half was much more predictable and was a bit slow.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Dwarf in the Playground

I love this new episode.
    Applejack: I'll need this if I'm going to take her around the mountain another way.

14. - Top - End - #1334

3)Honey Nut Cheerios
    My go-to all around snack food and pre-breakfast meal.

Ok, new pony time!
    Spoiler: S9 Ep 11
    Show
    It was a pretty good episode. Trixie makes a lot of good points about balancing time with friends and work (even if she's a little bit selfish at times, but hey, it's Trixie and if you have a good friend you enjoy being with, you'd be a bit jelly too when they don't hang out on a promise). Starlight is abit OP on those teleports. Geez, how many was that and she didn't seem winded?

On the opposite hoof, Trixie's smoke bomb was actually clever since blocking line of sight prevents petrification. Also, her logic about finding dangerous creatures is actually pretty damn aware for an Equestrian pony. That actually... that made a lot of sense and I'm sure Pinkie would be proud (I LOL'd when she explained it). Overall a pretty good episode. Quite... erm... solid.

Show
    Surprisingly, I actually found Mudbriar to be rather enjoyable this time around, helped immensely by his being forced to try and rein in his pedantic-ness.
    Show
    Yes, I do love how Trixie' death glare made him shush a few times. His best moment was being turned to stone. Can't get any less pendantic right there, plus Maud's reactions to that situation was quite amusing. "I thought I couldn't love him more." XD
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Titan in the Playground

(and i prefer my bran flakes w/ raisins)
    So do I - provided the raisins are separately bought, in bulk. It's cheaper, and comes with fewer refined sugars.
    You, who have nothing at all to believe in; to you, whose motto is "money comes first;" who are you, to tell us that our lives have been wasted? That all that we've fought for has turned into dust?

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I'm jumping on the Zim bandwagon.
    Human stick-figure Twilight Sparkle by me. Find more here.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: S9E11
    Show
    Just all around hilarious. Annoyed Trixie in the darkened office with Starlight, and Maud's "you complete me" line were great.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

While I do like shreddies (it is the cereal for the weekend), I'm a porage person myself - literally the ones pictured - they do two varieties, this one pictured with the orange sky, which just has rolled oats, and another pictured with blue sky that has the oats mercilessly crushed, which I think ruins the texture.

With dried fruit, of course. Sultanas, raisins, peel, pineapple, papaya, figs, dates, ginger... Holland and Barret make a mint out of me...

I never got on with Coco Pops. I was never particularly keen on it, then I suddenly hit a point where I really started disliking chocolate flavouring.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Yes, I do love how Trixie' death glare made him shush a few times. His best moment was being turned to stone. Can't get any less pendantic right there, plus Maud's reactions to that situation was quite amusing. "I thought I couldn't love him more." XD
    Show
    I think what was even better than Trixie's death glare was the annoyed glares Mudbriar managed to elicit from Maud.

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: s9e11
    Show
    In which Silver Stream burned through most of the limited goodwill she's earned by being a complete idiot AND essentially trying to get Starlight to do her homework for her, not helped by the rest of the student body spparently being unable to wipe their arses without Starlight's help. Ye gods, you're fricking ADULTS, Cheerilee didn't have to do this much work with ACTUAL CHILDREN when those children included the CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS. Yeah, surdent you totalyl weren't taking advantage of your silly councillor being soft-touch at ALL, were you...

(Oh, hey, you know what wold be nice? To see the CMC this fracking season, considering they are more main characters than the new six.)

Fortunately, both Trixie and Maud entirely stole the show and made it really good. Trixie especially was on fine form, and particularly as she was, actually 100% right, Starlight was prioritising her work over everything else and that is not healthy for anyone (and shown by the fact she couldn't even think straight.)

And Mudbriar is actually starting to show some promise, actually; I'll grant you, he and Maud do have kind of a nice double-act.

(It's also nice to see Maud as a character in her own right, rather than being in something with Pinkie.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-06-08 at 08:22 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: s9e11
    Show
    In which Silver Stream burned through most of the limited goodwill she's earned by being a complete idiot AND essentially trying to get Starlight to do her homework for her, not helped by the rest of the student body spparently being unable to wipe their arses without Starlight's help. Ye gods, you're fricking ADULTS, Cheerilee didn't have to do this much work with ACTUAL CHILDREN when those children included the CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS. Yeah, surdent you totalyl weren't taking advantage of your silly councillor being soft-touch at ALL, were you...
    You sure about Adults? They always gave me more of a "Teenager" vibe myself.

still doesn't explain why Cozy Glow was there, but otherwise the Student Six and everything else we've seen seems to suggest this is a highschool rather then a college or university.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Titan in the Playground

Cozy Glow was, per authorial statements, explicitly based on Baby Doll, an adult who looks like a small child do to a genetic defect.

IRL there are plenty of people who, as adults, can still pass for teens or adolescents for one reason or another.

The simplest solution is simply that Cozy is a short, slight-framed adult/teen.

It's not like the confirmed adult ponies don't act like small children on occasion.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post

still doesn't explain why Cozy Glow was there, but otherwise the Student Six and everything else we've seen seems to suggest this is a highschool rather then a college or university.
    Well, it's inconsistent on who is attending the school.
    But yeah,
    Spoiler: S9E11
    Show
    I kinda find Silverstream to be extremely naivete....to the point that no creatures (*ugh* Does the writers know that they are calling it a unPC term yet use it as PC term, "everybody" exits too.) have gone before.
    Pony Minecraft Avatar by Dirtytabs
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Titan in the Playground

Cozy Glow was, per authorial statements, explicitly based on Baby Doll, an adult who looks like a small child do to a genetic defect.

IRL there are plenty of people who, as adults, can still pass for teens or adolescents for one reason or another.

The simplest solution is simply that Cozy is a short, slight-framed adult/teen.

It's not like the confirmed adult ponies don't act like small children on occasion.
    She presented herself, however, and was presumably admitted to the school, as a small child.
    You, who have nothing at all to believe in; to you, whose motto is "money comes first;" who are you, to tell us that our lives have been wasted? That all that we've fought for has turned into dust?

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Titan in the Playground

Whelp, the Starfinder-DM player is REALLY keen, such that, after only looking at it since last week, he's raring to go to start next week (as we wrapped up the current book of Rise of the runelords and did the shopping trip, we didn't actually start the next one, so it's a natural break).

So, I WILL get to generate a character for a change, and my D&D books get to actually go back on the shelves for a month or few.

I have had clearance, so i'mma have a Goblin Operative x/Soldier 1 (unless a look through the wiki to see if there's other base classes since the core release). I gave it half a thought (didn't want to think to hard in case the DM said no to Golbinj (I'd have gone Halfing otherwise), but I'm thinking of doing a goblin who is trying to be (or become) Good, but doesn't really understand it. (A bit like Starlight and friendship...)

Not sure if he ought to be actually Evil or just Neutral.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Titan in the Playground

She presented herself, however, and was presumably admitted to the school, as a small child.
    Did she ever actually claim to be a small child? Or did she just happen to act childish?

Because... Literally, everypony acts childish.

Read my fanfiction here.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Titan in the Playground

Did she ever actually claim to be a small child? Or did she just happen to act childish?

Because... Literally, everypony acts childish.
    "I'm just a filly."

27. - Top - End - #1347

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    The Friendship school appears to be more college-like in my view, and that some of the students are adults. Twi did invite Starswirl to attend and he's old as dirt.

"Bring me pictures of Spidergriff!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Titan in the Playground

Finally dug out my Friendship Games DVD.

Somewhat marred by the fact the new DVd player remote has more or less ceased to work entirely. I only got it to play at all by starting with tghe menu button (?) and only discovered after much pressing (and after the movie) that the number keys appear to function if the "ok" and "play/pause" button don't.

(And yes, tried the obvious of changing the batteries and even unplugging the DVD player itself.)

Remote has been erratic since I got it last month, but I thought that it was just a bit off but I'd just got the hang of its unresponsivity, as it's been functional forthe last week or two.

So, naturally, I got rid of the all the packaging to send it back to Amazon JUST THIS AFTERNOON.

To the TIP, of course, because we had a shed load of crap to get rid of (I had to get my computer chair replaced by IKEA because the gas cylinder went about a week ago...)

*sigh*

So, late night email to the amazon seller (the only thing about looking at the box today was seeing the three year garentee) asking if they (or the manufacturer) could send a replacement remote. Might still have to send it back, which will be a massive pain because of, of freaking course, it waiting to do tbis until I got shot of the boxes.

Bloody typical, isn't it?

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

So, late night email to the amazon seller (the only thing about looking at the box today was seeing the three year garentee) asking if they (or the manufacturer) could send a replacement remote. Might still have to send it back, which will be a massive pain because of, of freaking course, it waiting to do tbis until I got shot of the boxes.
    If they can't it might be worth trying out one or two of the universal remote controllers - I have a logitech one that serves me well (and consolidates TV, DVD/Freeview and Video controls into one controller), but there are cheap ones that may do as goos a job (and not be so much of a loss if they don't).
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    If they can't it might be worth trying out one or two of the universal remote controllers - I have a logitech one that serves me well (and consolidates TV, DVD/Freeview and Video controls into one controller), but there are cheap ones that may do as goos a job (and not be so much of a loss if they don't).
    Well, to be fair to them, they'd replied by the time I finished meditation this morning, asking me to confirm my address so they could send a replacement right out (which they have now done), so you can't really complain at that, can you? Not at all!

(One we tend to get stuff from Amazon as it is easy to return it and/or get stuff sorted, except of COURSE when you think it's okay and get rid of the box and packing...!)