New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCIX: Leakier Than A Changeling Bathtub!

Spoiler: Just too much heat during summer
    Show

Since I wanted to post some art. Not mine though:
    https://www.deviantart.com/jopiter/a...Moon-425290315
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Well, to be fair to them, they'd replied by the time I finished meditation this morning, asking me to confirm my address so they could send a replacement right out (which they have now done), so you can't really complain at that, can you? Not at all!
    It's nice to see good service still exists as a concept...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Banned

(One we tend to get stuff from Amazon as it is easy to return it and/or get stuff sorted, except of COURSE when you think it's okay and get rid of the box and packing...!)
    Best practice at this point is to clip the receipt, address sticker, and any other information and store it in a file cabinet for six years (eleven if you want to be especially cautious). The only reason to clip and not just store the packaging is because no one who can't just buy a replacement has that much space even for folded-up packaging.

This is more burden than a consumer should rightfully have to take, but the vendor has the power.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Titan in the Playground

*sigh*

Trip to Gardener's World was... Navigationally frought, due to Birmingham's constant need to have roadworks... And the trip back took two hours instead of one because they'd closed one major road (A38) and the other (M42) was slow moving because it had, like double the traffic. We'd been following the former route, but the diversion signs just vanished halfway through Burton and there was a lot of faff in navigating, even with the sat-nav...

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Best practice at this point is to clip the receipt, address sticker, and any other information and store it in a file cabinet for six years (eleven if you want to be especially cautious). The only reason to clip and not just store the packaging is because no one who can't just buy a replacement has that much space even for folded-up packaging.

This is more burden than a consumer should rightfully have to take, but the vendor has the power.
    Amazon has the advatage of everything being digital and having a good returns policy, which is why we use it for stuff like this. It just would have been a pain if we'd have to have sent it back with new packaging (there was no question on us getting a replacement).
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-06-14 at 05:40 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Just too much heat during summer
    Ugh, yes. Just finished mowing the yard and I'm three shades darker now. Just... toasted.

Spoiler
    Show
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: The Last Crusade
    Show
    It seems the Indiana Jones titles are indicative of quality. This was an absolutely fantastic episode. There's no good choice for Scootaloo, but in the end, its a sign of her (and the other crusaders) growing maturity in that her parents recognize her as somepony capable of making her own life choices and finding her own path. I also love how her dad is pony Steve Irwin. I was expecting RD to take her in at the end, which could've been a really adorable moment. 8/10, would watch again.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: S9 E12
    Show
    So...we finally got Scootaparents.

Honestly, I found myself a little underwhelmed by this episode, and I think a large part of it was how the focus of the episode was on the hi-jinks to avoid Scootaloo leaving, rather than on the parents themselves. We already know that the CMCs have a close bond and will do just about anything to stay together, so having the episode focus on them robs it of a lot of what could have made it special. The best way to showcase this would be to look at another episode that introduced long awaited parents, The Perfect Pear. The focus on that episode was on the parents and how they had impacted the ponies around them, with the Apple siblings being more of a framing device than the actual focus. I think the episode would have been much stronger if it had mostly focused on Scootaloo's interactions with and connection to her parents, saving the reveal that they want her to move until closer to the end and leaving the CMC appreciation day as the only attempt to circumvent the move. You could have also used the event to greater highlight the parallels between Scootaloo and her work with the CMCs and the job her parents do.

That being said, I didn't think this was a bad episode, per se, just not as good as it could have been. It was nice to actually see Scootaloo's family, both her parents and aunts, and the ending made it a nice sendoff for the CMCs altogether. I'd give it a B overall as is, I just feel like with a few changes it could have been another A.

Quote Originally Posted by Adderbane View Post
    Spoiler: The Last Crusade
    Show
    It seems the Indiana Jones titles are indicative of quality. This was an absolutely fantastic episode. There's no good choice for Scootaloo, but in the end, its a sign of her (and the other crusaders) growing maturity in that her parents recognize her as somepony capable of making her own life choices and finding her own path. I also love how her dad is pony Steve Irwin. I was expecting RD to take her in at the end, which could've been a really adorable moment. 8/10, would watch again.
    Show
    The problem with there being no good choice for Scootaloo is that there's never any real tension as to what Scootaloo's choice will actually be. The "we're moving" bomb is dropped too early for Scootaloo and her parents to interact enough to establish a kind of bond that could seriously challenge Scootaloo's devotion to the CMCs and Scootaloo's immediate reaction to the news makes it clear that her choice, if she has any, is to stay in Ponyville with no real inner conflict.
    Last edited by Alabenson; 2019-06-15 at 11:22 AM.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1358

Quote Originally Posted by Appleshy1973 View Post
    And so the hype is official over for ep 12
    Wasn't worth the wait.

Spoiler: S9 Ep 12 Last Crusade
    Show
    Nine seasons wondering if Scoots had parents and this is what we get for an episode about it? Just them showing up out of nowhere and declaring they're all moving? Yeah, no. My life would have been no worse off if this episode wasn't ever made. As Alabenson mentioned, there was no tension and the focus was on the CMC doing what we know they do. So little is said about the parents that they might as well have been background cameos for Mr. and Mrs. Crocodile Hunter.

Very underwhelming for me and the weakest of this season so far.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Wasn't worth the wait.

Spoiler: S9 Ep 12 Last Crusade
    Show
    Nine seasons wondering if Scoots had parents and this is what we get for an episode about it? Just them showing up out of nowhere and declaring they're all moving? Yeah, no. My life would have been no worse off if this episode wasn't ever made. As Alabenson mentioned, there was no tension and the focus was on the CMC doing what we know they do. So little is said about the parents that they might as well have been background cameos for Mr. and Mrs. Crocodile Hunter.

Very underwhelming for me and the weakest of this season so far.
    Show
    While I certainly share your disappointment, I don't know that I'd call it the weakest episode so far (Uprooted still has that spot for me). While the reveal of Scootaloo's parents was a complete flop, the ending still served as a very nice summation of the good the CMCs have done since finding their purpose and served as an acceptable sendoff for them.

The episode's biggest problem was something that it shared with episode four, it just didn't nearly live up to its own potential.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: TimberHorse!
    Show

Spoiler: s9e12
    Show
    Oh, hay, we remembered the CMC exist! I mean, it's not like that they have been MAJOR CHARACTERS FOR THE LAST NINE SEASONS or anything...

Okay, so a for a moment, I actually thought they were going to do a She-Ra/Loud House on us. Then it was like "her parents are coming home" and I was *sigh*. (But I guess we should take the aunts being a couple as net positive regardless...)

To be fair, Pony Steve Irwin was a good choice I was prepared to forgive, until the kinda tiresome "we're moving, so either we aren't or we've writing Scoots out" plot.

But I'll still take CMC shanangians over NuSix any day of the weej, thanks.

Apparently, DT HAS now become completely mute, and that disappoints me greatly.

I mean, come on, like there is no potential plot with DT and Starlight not quite getting the hang of friendship together or something... (Huh, we could have had a "we're still sorta Evil" RD/Scoots dynamic or something, dammit.

Still, at least the CMC finally got an epsiode. Better not be the onyl one, else I shall be cross. They deserve better than that, and ought to ahve at LEAST the same amount as the new characters...

Also, I was deeply amused it was Scoots moving away, since Claire Corlett and Michelle Creber do those hilarious video together...

Anypony else notice the rather telling point Sweetie was like "Rarity won't mind," not "my parents won't mind..." Un huh, yeah, we know who is ACTUALLY doing the raising of Sweetie, don't we? (Considering they live in Ponyville, but they weren't AT the CMC appreication day, were they?)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2019-06-16 at 08:37 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1361

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Show
    While I certainly share your disappointment, I don't know that I'd call it the weakest episode so far (Uprooted still has that spot for me). While the reveal of Scootaloo's parents was a complete flop, the ending still served as a very nice summation of the good the CMCs have done since finding their purpose and served as an acceptable sendoff for them.

The episode's biggest problem was something that it shared with episode four, it just didn't nearly live up to its own potential.
    Spoiler: S9 Ep12
    Show
    The ending would have had a better impact on me if it was done sincerely for it's own sake and not as the CMC's plan to convince scoot's parents to let her stay.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: august
    Show
    Episode 15: 2,4,5, Greaaat

The School of Friendship is starting a buckball team and Rainbow Dash has to come to terms with the fact that she won't be coaching the team.

UNTITLED (Currently being called "That's a Laugh" but it is incorrect)

When Pinkie Pie seeks help from her old friend, the super-silly Cheese Sandwich, in finding her life's purpose, she discovers the unimaginable has happened
    Applejack: I'll need this if I'm going to take her around the mountain another way.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Titan in the Playground

thoughts as they come.

Show

i'm honestly disappointed Scoots isn't an orphan. does that make me a bad person?

Steve and Terri Irwin ponies? ... i'll take it! edit: just learned that Scoots mom is actually based on Jane Goodall. can't say i knew of her much myself, but yea. still cool!

oh hey, just noticed Steve is an Earth Pony. So Scoots is only HALF Pegasus. maybe that explains why she can't fly?

bit hasty with the "end of the CC" crying don't you think? i mean Babs is a CC too and she's in Manehatten isn't she? And Sweetie and Apple are both staying in Ponyville. couldn't they just keep the crusaders going there, and Scoots recruit new crusaders wherever she's going? i mean yeah, breaking up the original trio, but only into two groups, not three.

rainbow makes it worse

"never see her again". so be fair, they are children. buuut they DID say there was a train every month. so you'd still see her at least twelve times a year. :P

isn't the EvrerFree Forrest FULL of dangerous creatures? ... "super rare" animals i guess is the excuse.

i get the feeling they instantly know the "Evrefree beast" is fake and are just playing along to keep scoots happy :P

wen about as well as expected.

guess they weren't in on it. ohwell.

only three with the same cutiemark? i mean... 1. they're not even "the same", 2, i've seen at least four "hourglass" background ponies, 3, wasn't there that entire town... 4. that's oddly confusing. surely there are mutliple knot-tying ponies right? do they all just get different knots oorrr...?

dad gets it.

zecora potions. this won't go well.

inb4 chimera monster

okay, not chimera monster. just 10-legged footrace.

protest chains? really?

but... they already sold the house... aaand there goes the sign.

scoots got a point there.

ah yes, the old "run away from home" trick. 10% of the time, it works every time.

to be fair, i don't think you ever ASKED them to stay in ponyville...

not sure if their logic works like that.

Pinkie got busy i see.

i saw troubleshoes! going back, so's babs, the griffon, and some other ponies they've helped! cool!

even got the wonderbolts. swanky.

don't even give troubleshoes a speaking role. he was their biggest success in more ways then one! :P

so big he can't even keep his face in frame apparently.

yaaay happy ending!
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2019-06-16 at 03:37 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Dwarf in the Playground

Applejack: I'll need this if I'm going to take her around the mountain another way.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    thoughts as they come.

Show

i'm honestly disappointed Scoots isn't an orphan. does that make me a bad person?

Spoiler: Last Crusade
    Show
    It could've been an interesting plot if she was, but that's already sort of been done within the CMCs by Applebloom, so it makes sense to do something different.

Also, did anyone besides me like this episode?

16. - Top - End - #1366

Given the fact that you never see SB's parents and Scoot's have been MIA for 8 seasons, you can call all three CMCs effective orphans.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Titan in the Playground

yeah, but i'm talking like full on orphanage-orphan, or more preferably street-urchin orphan. Apple and Sweetie have their sisters taking care of them. i was always hoping Scoots either had nobody, or a somewhat uncaring orphanage matron. that might be a bit too dark for the show though.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2019-06-16 at 10:09 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1368

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Given the fact that you never see SB's parents
    Well, maybe not in many seasons, but we know they exist.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Titan in the Playground

Well, maybe not in many seasons, but we know they exist.
    But again,

Show
    it is very noticable that, when running off with Scoots, Sweetie is like "Rarity won't mind," which is so indicative of Sweetie's parent either being forever never around and/or that Rarity IS tacitly The Parent as far as Sweetie is (and maybe her actual parents, even, are) concerned...

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    yeah, but i'm talking like full on orphanage-orphan, or more preferably street-urchin orphan.
    You wouldn't see that in Ponyville, anyway. Orphanages are an urban phenomenon - the countryside doesn't have enough orphans in one place. And street urchins tend to migrate to cities for work if they aren't left there to begin with.
    Last edited by zimmerwald1915; 2019-06-17 at 08:35 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Titan in the Playground

You wouldn't see that in Ponyville, anyway. Orphanages are an urban phenomenon - the countryside doesn't have enough orphans in one place. And street urchins tend to migrate to cities for work if they aren't left there to begin with.
    maybe she sticks around because it's where rainbow dash is, and Cherilee gives her a free education?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1372

But again,
    Show
    it is very noticable that, when running off with Scoots, Sweetie is like "Rarity won't mind," which is so indicative of Sweetie's parent either being forever never around and/or that Rarity IS tacitly The Parent as far as Sweetie is (and maybe her actual parents, even, are) concerned...
    Show
    Sweetie Belle does think the world of her sister. It's equally possible she considers Rarity that important to be the top pony she'd name rather than her parents being neglectful. Her parents seems the laid back type, while Rarity is a worry-wart. So if Rarity is okay with something, it is likely SB's parents are too.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Dwarf in the Playground

Last edited by Appleshy1973; 2019-06-18 at 07:20 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Banned

Show
    Sweetie Belle does think the world of her sister. It's equally possible she considers Rarity that important to be the top pony she'd name rather than her parents being neglectful. Her parents seems the laid back type, while Rarity is a worry-wart. So if Rarity is okay with something, it is likely SB's parents are too.
    Or for a Watsonian reason, Rarity has a name and can thus be referred to in dialogue.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Or for a Watsonian reason, Rarity has a name and can thus be referred to in dialogue.
    Isn't that Doyleist rather than Watsonian?
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

26. - Top - End - #1376

If memory serves, yes.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    If memory serves, yes.
    Yeah, I mixed 'em up

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

That's a relief. For a moment I thought that I had lost comprehension to cider.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Not mine, I'm no artist, but an interesting take imo.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Titan in the Playground

I ATEN'T DED

Though there have been time this past week when I almost wished I was.

After just about finishing up that last period of enforced rejuvenation, I had the misfortune to get on the wrong end of a plasma fire and have thus spent most of the past week even MORE incapacitated. (Though, at least I have managed to catch up on a huge amount of my unwatched film DVDs...) This is, in fact, the first time I have even been able to move to the idiot to even attempt anything.

As a matter of fact, we were supposed to be on holiday today, but we have already delayed a day, as Mum has been sick - Dad hass been having to do pretty much everything this week, and he's not well either; there's a chance we might have to delay again if he doesn't think he's up for the drive.

(Naturally, of course, this occurred after I had to commissions come in simultaneously...)

Only postive news is that Nanny has been on antibiotics and has perked up markedly, so there's that.