New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XI): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

Congratulations!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Woot woot Logic!

Or should I say, "Logic always triumphs," or something cheesy like that
    Last edited by Duck999; 2019-05-27 at 04:58 PM.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Woot woot Logic!

Or should I say, "Logic always triumphs," or something cheesy like that
    I'll take the cheesy, despite how demonstrably false it has been. Haha
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

alright guys, what did I miss?

And is there anything I need to add or update to the OP and subsequent posts?

Also, might be a good Idea to PM me if you want me to get your game request. I think I still have email subscriptions set for when people PM me.
    Last edited by Durzan; 2019-06-01 at 10:57 AM.
    Wheel of Time 3.5e Homebrew
    My Original D20 System: Forgotten Prophecies RPG

When it comes to GMing, World-Building is one of the things that I do best, provided I have friends to bounce ideas off of.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Durzan View Post
    And is there anything I need to add or update to the OP and subsequent posts?
    You could throw in some of the stuff from previous centrals. Namely roles and rules. This is easy to do if you just hit the quote button on an old thread and then copy the body and paste it into one of your initial posts.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Our friend Murska has subbed into Game 5 of the Mafia Championship.

Discussion of the game here is not permitted.

PM me if you want access to a spectator discord to chat about the game and root Murska on!
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm going to pose what I imagine are some seriously uncomfortable questions. But ones I feel need to be asked.

Why is the WW central gone? Why did we need to replace it with this... proxy, for the lack of better word?

And more importantly... why is this section even here anymore? For all intent and purpose, it seems dead. Deader than my dating prospects, to lean on certain half-orc and uncomfortable reality.

Seriously, I remember times when we had three pages of games that were active. I remember times when you had to stand in line for a month at least to get your game played. I remember times when this section was great, amazing, awesome, different, fun...

I remember the time when this section was alive. Not just alive, teeming with life.

It's not even a zombie of what it used to be. All the great names have since moved on from it... from this forum even, maybe.

I miss them, but I wish them well. I won't mention their name. It would serve no purpose, few would even remember them and all it would do is woke memories I would prefer kept slumbering. I wish I could move on as well.

I occasionally visit here, revisiting my "glory" days. Lately, I've been more focused on the comic itself. I guess it's only proper.

But yeah... it pains me to see the level to which SG has sunk, willingly or not.

Perhaps it is time to put a mark on this period of history?
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

I'm all for revitalizing this area and getting back to some solid WW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    I'm going to pose what I imagine are some seriously uncomfortable questions. But ones I feel need to be asked.

Why is the WW central gone? Why did we need to replace it with this... proxy, for the lack of better word?
    One of your later points, about how some of the common names seem to not post anymore? Yeah one of the people who stopped posting was Lex-Kat, who was maintaining the stickied thread up until they left the playground. That event is what spawned this thread almost exactly a year ago, in fact. The fact that, in that year, not even 100 posts have been made in what is the stickied official "discussion of new threads" thread is telling. It's unfortunate but once the list of regulars in this subforum fell below like...20, it became basically impossible to even try and put a game together. You'd basically need a solid majority of the regulars to play in a game for it to even realistically happen - you can't play Mafia/WW with less than ten people. Not regularly, not if you want it to remain fun. And when people can't expect the game to ever reach even the minimum desired for play, then what's even the point of starting a new thread? So people just...don't.

This isn't even just a Playground thing. The Mafia/WW discord I'm in is about the only place that sees pretty constant activity, and the forums I'm watching are just...dead. The only real exception is the explicit Mafia/WW forum. Over on CivFanatics, forum Logic semi-recruited me to, there's a game that started recruiting in May. It finally reached its minimum players this week, and we're gonna start playing today at some point. It was recruiting for over 100 days before finally reaching the minimum acceptable number of players. That's...disheartening.

I'd love to play more frequently, especially here ITP if I can. But I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

And more importantly... why is this section even here anymore? For all intent and purpose, it seems dead. Deader than my dating prospects, to lean on certain half-orc and uncomfortable reality.

Seriously, I remember times when we had three pages of games that were active. I remember times when you had to stand in line for a month at least to get your game played. I remember times when this section was great, amazing, awesome, different, fun...

I remember the time when this section was alive. Not just alive, teeming with life.

It's not even a zombie of what it used to be. All the great names have since moved on from it... from this forum even, maybe.

I miss them, but I wish them well. I won't mention their name. It would serve no purpose, few would even remember them and all it would do is woke memories I would prefer kept slumbering. I wish I could move on as well.

I occasionally visit here, revisiting my "glory" days. Lately, I've been more focused on the comic itself. I guess it's only proper.

But yeah... it pains me to see the level to which SG has sunk, willingly or not.

AvatarVecna is right: the reason why the originally Werewolf Central is gone is because its caretaker, Lex-Kat, has left. I may be a fairly fresh face here, but I have been a member of WW's GitP community long enough to see the many people who used to breathe life into this place leave. Me and the others had tried many times to try to get games to return interest back, but as AvatarVecna already stated, we could hardly ever get enough people. And even when we did, a quarter of the registered players kept bailing out of the game without warning. Getting 10 people for a game is a nearly impossible task, even if messages are sent to everybody who has played WW here for the last year, so getting the better quantity of 20 people is a grueling task which could only be performed by the greats of GitP WW, many of whom are are gone now.

Trying to organize games now takes much too long, and once they begin they end so early that people are often dissatisfied with them. Perhaps you are right: maybe it is time we just let WW on GitP lie down and find support in greener pastures. Mafia Universe and CivFanatics are much better places to find games in than here. We could try to revitalize the community here again, but to be honest we have already tried that multiple times and it doesn't produce satisfying results. Sure we could pull a single game together, but we couldn't ever get the community to become consistently involved after that game. We have been having to pull together an effort to reawaken WW on GitP every time a game is created, and it is exhausting. Any effort at that we make here are transient at best.

Perhaps Logic had the right idea when he migrated over to CivFanatics to continue its interests. Perhaps WW is best played elsewhere. I just don't think that another reawakening movement here will truly be worth the effort put into it.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    One of your later points, about how some of the common names seem to not post anymore? Yeah one of the people who stopped posting was Lex-Kat, who was maintaining the stickied thread up until they left the playground. That event is what spawned this thread almost exactly a year ago, in fact. The fact that, in that year, not even 100 posts have been made in what is the stickied official "discussion of new threads" thread is telling. It's unfortunate but once the list of regulars in this subforum fell below like...20, it became basically impossible to even try and put a game together. You'd basically need a solid majority of the regulars to play in a game for it to even realistically happen - you can't play Mafia/WW with less than ten people. Not regularly, not if you want it to remain fun. And when people can't expect the game to ever reach even the minimum desired for play, then what's even the point of starting a new thread? So people just...don't.

This isn't even just a Playground thing. The Mafia/WW discord I'm in is about the only place that sees pretty constant activity, and the forums I'm watching are just...dead. The only real exception is the explicit Mafia/WW forum. Over on CivFanatics, forum Logic semi-recruited me to, there's a game that started recruiting in May. It finally reached its minimum players this week, and we're gonna start playing today at some point. It was recruiting for over 100 days before finally reaching the minimum acceptable number of players. That's...disheartening.

I'd love to play more frequently, especially here ITP if I can. But I'm not gonna get my hopes up.
    So Logic is still active on CivFanatics and running games? I didn't know that. What is his Username on that forum, and what is the best way to contact him? I would greatly enjoy playing a game with a few of the old greats from GitP, even if it isn't in GitP. I know that I am probably too late for this one, but I could always just hop on the next one Logic makes.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm still down to play games here. I only migrated due to a desire to keep playing more and more.... and more and more...

It's my mafia addicition that led me mostly to Mafia Universe to put down roots.

I'm on Civ-Fanatics as Yakostovian (though I personally haven't played there in months) I also play on the giraffe boards as Logic, and I signed up for several games on other sites as a favor to the hosts. If anyone is down to play more mafia on the playground or anywhere else I've not listed, send me a PM, and I'll direct you to some pretty fine folks and their mafia communities.
    Last edited by Logic; 2019-08-30 at 09:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    So Logic is still active on CivFanatics and running games? I didn't know that. What is his Username on that forum, and what is the best way to contact him? I would greatly enjoy playing a game with a few of the old greats from GitP, even if it isn't in GitP. I know that I am probably too late for this one, but I could always just hop on the next one Logic makes.
    While he's answered with contact details, I'll also preface that I got recruited to there...at least over a year ago? And gaming there looks like it was in the process of dying when I arrived, hence why they were recruiting for games from outside their own forum. And my example game - the one that finally finished recruiting its minimum after 100 days - is on CF, but even for that game, only five people (including myself and the gamemaster) have posted since the GM announced they had the minimum 10 players. MafiaUniverse is the only place I see decently regular activity.

If we were trying to revitalize this subforum, or at the very least Mafia/WW games ITP, we could maybe get around things by recruiting via the Recruitment subforum instead of this one, and hope that the relatively massive amount of traffic that subforum gets is enough that we get some new blood into this subforum, but it just makes me wonder why games like this haven't recruited that way - presumably, there's a reason they were separated off on their own, and I'd rather not get in trouble for the equivalent of posting art of my 3.5 characters in the 3.5 forum instead of the art forum.

If that's not viable, though...I think we've had more posts in this sub-forum the last day than the last month, or more. It's unfortunate.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #103

While he's answered with contact details, I'll also preface that I got recruited to there...at least over a year ago? And gaming there looks like it was in the process of dying when I arrived, hence why they were recruiting for games from outside their own forum. And my example game - the one that finally finished recruiting its minimum after 100 days - is on CF, but even for that game, only five people (including myself and the gamemaster) have posted since the GM announced they had the minimum 10 players. MafiaUniverse is the only place I see decently regular activity.

If we were trying to revitalize this subforum, or at the very least Mafia/WW games ITP, we could maybe get around things by recruiting via the Recruitment subforum instead of this one, and hope that the relatively massive amount of traffic that subforum gets is enough that we get some new blood into this subforum, but it just makes me wonder why games like this haven't recruited that way - presumably, there's a reason they were separated off on their own, and I'd rather not get in trouble for the equivalent of posting art of my 3.5 characters in the 3.5 forum instead of the art forum.

If that's not viable, though...I think we've had more posts in this sub-forum the last day than the last month, or more. It's unfortunate.
    Actively recruiting here isn't a bad option, and it should be permissible. We've had recruitment threads for other sites, even.
    Show
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #104
    Halfling in the Playground

I miss playing WW here. It’s sad seeing the sub forum slowly die.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    I miss playing WW here. It’s sad seeing the sub forum slowly die.
    I'm Alive!

Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

So I see. Perhaps CivFanatics is a poor place to find Werewolf as well. Mafia Universe may be our best bet.

I find that advertising games over the Recruitment Subforum is an idea with some merit to it. The major problem I see with that though is that the people who frequent Recruitment tend to drop out of games very early on. I would be worried that we would arrange a game of Werewolf with a hefty 20 people, and then half of them (if not more) would vanish almost instantly; and a great deal of these people leaving may have had crucial power roles. I have an awful premonition that a game which relies on the Recruitment Subforum may end like the first one I hosted, Shadows over Innsmouth: with the game ending on the second night because four people vanished and with one wolf having to carry their entire team after all of their team mates abandoned them. I know for certain I have had PbP games which I have had to arrange multiple rerecruitment efforts for in the first month because people dropped out of the game like flies.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

There's no reason not to try recruiting in recruitment when the alternative is not having any games.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

There's no reason not to try recruiting in recruitment when the alternative is not having any games.
    Seconded. In any case, the goal of recruiting via that forum isn't to have the first game bring in 20 new players - heck, even if no game we start recruiting for for the next year even finishes, that would still be a full year during which there was a "WW/Mafia" game on the front page. If the goal is attracting new blood, visibility is key. Interest will trickle in, and even if the games die mid-play, or even never get enough players to start, we'll start seeing the same names popping up over and over, seeing the people that join up in multiple games and stay until the game (possibly inevitably) dies. And then we can recruit them to Structured Games.

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Of course. I am not saying that we should not recruit in the Recruitment Subforum, I am just stating my concern over the idea. I don't want people to have unreasonable hope in the results of this new advertising method only to be surprised by the dreadful follow-through of many of the people over on the PbP forums.
    -

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I'm a few days late, but to be brutally honest, I don't think it should actually be a surprise to anyone that the WW community here died.

I was a little too late for the real glory days, I think, though maybe I caught the very end. What I was here for was a couple simmering disagreements breaking out into full-on massively over-heated arguments. Maybe things have been made larger in my memory, but I recall things getting obscenely toxic.

I don't want to name names (for reasons that will be obvious), but I can think of a few great names, who when I first showed up seemed extraordinarily reasonable and decent, but who gave in to the toxicity. I can think of a few names that ended up being huge a-holes because they were apparently utterly convinced that their side of some petty, minor argument that had been blown out of proportions was the "good" side, and that the other guys were being a-holes.

Some people moved on because real life happens. I strongly suspect many more left because of how bad things got, and that people who otherwise would have joined stayed away for the same reasons.

(As for axing the subforum: if nothing else, I'm sure that Sniffnoy would appreciate his poor, neglected thread being moved somewhere where people will actually see it.)

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah it's a terrible shame. I had some great years and met some great people here. Life happened and took away much of my time, and I'm assuming that's happened to the other old faces too, but it's too bad that not enough newcomers have shown up to keep the community alive.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Mordy!

I occasionally pop back here to lurk, but there are never any games either running or recruiting. I have to admit that, whilst I didn't leave because of the WW dramas three or four years ago, they certainly made the games less fun and I wouldn't doubt they turned a few people off entirely.

I personally ran out of free time to run games way before I actually stopped trying to run them, and I contributed more than I'd like to a spate of cancelled and abandoned games that again, probably didn't paint WW in the best light. Then you get a vicious circle - people join games that get abandoned, they themselves leave or autolynch, and more games fail as a result, and fewer people want to play and narrate.

It's a generational thing too. The old-timers that really got things running here back in 2007-2009 (my rose tinted spectacles not-withstanding) are in their thirties now, at least. Mortgages. Responsibilities. Kids. No free time. Those of us that participated in that time probably didn't help either, bigging up some of the old game series the way we did might have put some potential narrators off trying to match them?

Maybe a few of us old codgers might return if there was something to come back to? I'm still here, periodically, and could commit to playing a game at a time. My days of running are over though.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

23. - Top - End - #113
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Wow, this is a little depressing. I just showed up here a few months ago, and only have played 1 game. It was fun, and I have the time to play others, if anyone wants to run them, and we get enough players. I don't think I am competent/creative enough to run them myself, or I would. I think y'all might get new players from the Recruitment forum.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, with exam season officially over(I still can't believe I survived, much less passed...), I think I can finally get back to some people.

I didn't know Lex has vanished, for the lack of better word. That would indeed explain why the Central is not there anymore.

And what you're saying is kinda sad. If what I understand from your post is true, then WW is dead pretty much all around, not just here.

Overly dramatic maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    AvatarVecna is right: the reason why the originally Werewolf Central is gone is because its caretaker, Lex-Kat, has left. I may be a fairly fresh face here, but I have been a member of WW's GitP community long enough to see the many people who used to breathe life into this place leave. Me and the others had tried many times to try to get games to return interest back, but as AvatarVecna already stated, we could hardly ever get enough people. And even when we did, a quarter of the registered players kept bailing out of the game without warning. Getting 10 people for a game is a nearly impossible task, even if messages are sent to everybody who has played WW here for the last year, so getting the better quantity of 20 people is a grueling task which could only be performed by the greats of GitP WW, many of whom are are gone now.

Trying to organize games now takes much too long, and once they begin they end so early that people are often dissatisfied with them. Perhaps you are right: maybe it is time we just let WW on GitP lie down and find support in greener pastures. Mafia Universe and CivFanatics are much better places to find games in than here. We could try to revitalize the community here again, but to be honest we have already tried that multiple times and it doesn't produce satisfying results. Sure we could pull a single game together, but we couldn't ever get the community to become consistently involved after that game. We have been having to pull together an effort to reawaken WW on GitP every time a game is created, and it is exhausting. Any effort at that we make here are transient at best.

Perhaps Logic had the right idea when he migrated over to CivFanatics to continue its interests. Perhaps WW is best played elsewhere. I just don't think that another reawakening movement here will truly be worth the effort put into it.
    Honestly, I just miss my friends, if such a thing even exists on the internet. Yeah, the games were fun, but I found some really funny/interesting people during these games. The connection I got with them was worth far more to me than the games itself.

Of course, the games themselves were fun and exciting, but I think what I miss the most is the sense of camaraderie and competing.

Maybe I'm just an old coot pining for good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    I'm a few days late, but to be brutally honest, I don't think it should actually be a surprise to anyone that the WW community here died.

I was a little too late for the real glory days, I think, though maybe I caught the very end. What I was here for was a couple simmering disagreements breaking out into full-on massively over-heated arguments. Maybe things have been made larger in my memory, but I recall things getting obscenely toxic.

I don't want to name names (for reasons that will be obvious), but I can think of a few great names, who when I first showed up seemed extraordinarily reasonable and decent, but who gave in to the toxicity. I can think of a few names that ended up being huge a-holes because they were apparently utterly convinced that their side of some petty, minor argument that had been blown out of proportions was the "good" side, and that the other guys were being a-holes.

Some people moved on because real life happens. I strongly suspect many more left because of how bad things got, and that people who otherwise would have joined stayed away for the same reasons.

(As for axing the subforum: if nothing else, I'm sure that Sniffnoy would appreciate his poor, neglected thread being moved somewhere where people will actually see it.)
    I... don't remember that. It's been a long time, admittedly. And I can see it happening. There were some polarly opposite personalities and I can see them crashing. Maybe I've been here for it, maybe I haven't.

Maybe I was one of them. Given the time frame, I can totally see myself being an ahole. If that was the case, guess I'm sorry and I hope I'm better now.

But I can see why that would drive people away. I can think of one person that I'm certain is not here anymore and who would be driven away by such drama. I miss that person dearly.

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Mordy!

I occasionally pop back here to lurk, but there are never any games either running or recruiting. I have to admit that, whilst I didn't leave because of the WW dramas three or four years ago, they certainly made the games less fun and I wouldn't doubt they turned a few people off entirely.

I personally ran out of free time to run games way before I actually stopped trying to run them, and I contributed more than I'd like to a spate of cancelled and abandoned games that again, probably didn't paint WW in the best light. Then you get a vicious circle - people join games that get abandoned, they themselves leave or autolynch, and more games fail as a result, and fewer people want to play and narrate.

It's a generational thing too. The old-timers that really got things running here back in 2007-2009 (my rose tinted spectacles not-withstanding) are in their thirties now, at least. Mortgages. Responsibilities. Kids. No free time. Those of us that participated in that time probably didn't help either, bigging up some of the old game series the way we did might have put some potential narrators off trying to match them?

Maybe a few of us old codgers might return if there was something to come back to? I'm still here, periodically, and could commit to playing a game at a time. My days of running are over though.
    Hello, little brother. I am happy to see you too

Guess we are both lurkers at this point. You say you are no longer willing or able to run games. Which makes me sad. I think the first AC was what got me into this whole mess.

But I understand it. If you're anything close to normal(whatever passes for "normal" these days), you've got a family now. And even if not, you probably have lot of other things on your platter.

Even I do, and I have nothing close to family, or well maintained life in general

I miss acting all crazy around with you, Freshmeat, Zar Peter, Cristo, Goof, Shadow... and so many more. I guess I miss my actually-pretty-recent-youth, where my joints weren't acting weird, giving away noises they shouldn't give away and when life was easier.

*sigh*

I guess I wouldn't be opposed to giving this another try. I honestly doubt we can ever get to the level of activity we had here ten years ago, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try for the next best thing

But all things equal, I wouldn't be opposed to pulling the plug on the whole thing. Because as things stand, this is a rotting carcass of once great beast and it pains me to see in such a sorry state.

But be as it may, I'm glad to see you're still around banjo
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Halfling in the Playground

A community like this slowly dying really sucks to watch, especially because of how it just compounds. Maybe we can post something in one of the other subforums inviting people? I only ever go here and to the message board games.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

I've started a thread. Anybody who wants to can join, but I'm really hoping to get a bunch of potential new players interested.

My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #117

I've started a thread. Anybody who wants to can join, but I'm really hoping to get a bunch of potential new players interested.
    Awesome AV!

I don't mind sending PMs to past WW players to invite them if they're not reading this thread. I mean, it's not like they can say no to me, right?
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    Awesome AV!

I don't mind sending PMs to past WW players to invite them if they're not reading this thread. I mean, it's not like they can say no to me, right?
    I certainly wouldn't say no to more potential interest. At this rate I think we'll hit ten players by 2-3 weeks in, but getting more than that would be fantastic.

EDIT: We've hit 10 players, but the more the merrier. At the very least, the game is definitely starting come 9/25.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-09-17 at 01:32 PM.

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Mansion Murder Mystery is ready to start, pending mod approval. Posting this to increase visibility, since I'm not sure how far up this is on the list of mod duties.

My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #120

Mansion Murder Mystery is ready to start, pending mod approval. Posting this to increase visibility, since I'm not sure how far up this is on the list of mod duties.
    Happy Hunting!
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2019-09-27 at 06:03 PM.
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature