The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 450 of 740
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    [Felandria's Office]

    "Do you know if your father became a god in the same way?" Dorota asks. "Did he also grow up thinking he was mortal and ascended later?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

  2. - Top - End - #422
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Felandria's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Olympus

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Felandria's Office]

    "Do you know if your father became a god in the same way?" Dorota asks. "Did he also grow up thinking he was mortal and ascended later?"
    Hoo Boy, that’s a whole other issue.

    The short version, then.

    Cronus and Rhea, both gods, had a bunch of kids, but Cronus swallowed them all because a prophecy told him that one of his kids would overthrow him as king of the gods.

    Eventually Rhea gave birth to my father, but was sick of her kids getting gulped down, so she had Gaia hide him away and tricked Cronus into swallowing a rock.

    He grew up, came back, make Grandpa hurl up the other kids and the rock, then freed his uncles and the giants and Cyclopes that Cronus had imprisoned.

    Then they all teamed up and fought Grandpa and the Titans, kicked their butts and overthrew Cronus, and Zeus became king of the gods.

    Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Kymme, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

  3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    [Felandria's Office]

    "It seems like gods of your homeworld are like a species," Dorota observes. "They reproduce to give birth to more gods... but they can do it with mortals, too. Curious."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

  4. - Top - End - #424
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Felandria's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Olympus

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Brain Scan

    Sorry! New here. Nigel throws his hands up to protest his innocence. Mirai told me the cat was in charge. He says, jerking his thumb back towards the mri machine. Anyway, offerings I can do. Reciprocal love might not be the sort of thing we can cultivate over a day but I'll see what I can do. Anything your dad wanted from worship that might get passed onto you when the disease starts progressing? He asks, cycling the airlock and heading into the lab. I dunno what a temple looks like. He says, taking a permanent marker out of his bag and looking around. He sits a chair in the middle of the room, writes Felandria on it, and sits it down. Man this is... not a great start.
    Its okay, you’re doing your best.

    But if I’m gonna be “stuck” in here a while, I’m gonna need food and many beverages.

    And a comfy place to sit or lay down.

    And books.

    And a phone.


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Felandria's Office]

    "It seems like gods of your homeworld are like a species," Dorota observes. "They reproduce to give birth to more gods... but they can do it with mortals, too. Curious."
    I...suppose so.

    I mean, the ones born of two gods are stronger than demigods usually.

    But then again, unlike a lot of mortals, my mom is a sorceress like me.

    So it’s still too soon to know how that will change things.

    Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Kymme, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

  5. - Top - End - #425
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    billtodamax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Science Labs

    Right? 1 to 3, easy rule, so many places mess it up. Nigel says, suddenly animated. God and they just mix all of their gins with the same old tonic. You have to pick the right one! They compliment each other. He calms slightly. Sorry, I uh... used to be a bartender. He says, slightly sheepish now.

    Brain Scan

    Yeah I can do that. There are dorms in here somewhere right? Nigel says, writing down all her requests. The only books I have are medical textbooks and basic alchemical texts. I might still need the alchemy ones but it can't hurt leaving them here I guess. I'm gonna need to get Reinholdt out of the machine before I can really make a proper meal but I can bring you some snacks or something until then. Phone... do you not have a mobile? Nigel asks. Otherwise I'll see if I can find the nearest landline in here I guess.
    Avatar by Me!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.


    Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

  6. - Top - End - #426
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Felandria's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Olympus

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Brain Scan

    Yeah I can do that. There are dorms in here somewhere right? Nigel says, writing down all her requests. The only books I have are medical textbooks and basic alchemical texts. I might still need the alchemy ones but it can't hurt leaving them here I guess. I'm gonna need to get Reinholdt out of the machine before I can really make a proper meal but I can bring you some snacks or something until then. Phone... do you not have a mobile? Nigel asks. Otherwise I'll see if I can find the nearest landline in here I guess.
    Yeah, I have my phone, but I need a charger.

    Honestly, you should just have people bring stuff from my office in here.

    Unless you think it would be easier to quarantine me in my office or my room?

    Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Kymme, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

  7. - Top - End - #427
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    billtodamax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Brain Scan

    Nigel lets his mouth hang open as he processes. Nigel you're real dumb sometimes you know that? That would... that would probably be easier. Your room only has one entrance right? And no windows? It was an easy enough disease to quarantine once you got down to it. Just don't let people look at each other. Could maybe do some ritual blindfolds or something. Leave Reinholdt in there too once he wakes up, he seemed to like Felandria well enough. Workable. Alright well we'll leave this chair here then I guess. Unless you have a strong attachment to a chair with your name badly written on it. He heads back to the airlock, feeling slightly sheepish about it.
    Avatar by Me!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.


    Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #428
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Felandria's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Olympus

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Brain Scan

    Nigel lets his mouth hang open as he processes. Nigel you're real dumb sometimes you know that? That would... that would probably be easier. Your room only has one entrance right? And no windows? It was an easy enough disease to quarantine once you got down to it. Just don't let people look at each other. Could maybe do some ritual blindfolds or something. Leave Reinholdt in there too once he wakes up, he seemed to like Felandria well enough. Workable. Alright well we'll leave this chair here then I guess. Unless you have a strong attachment to a chair with your name badly written on it. He heads back to the airlock, feeling slightly sheepish about it.
    Felandria looks to the chair.

    No, bring the chair.

    I appreciate it.

    There is only the one door, but I do have a pretty decent sized window.

    But we are underwater, so I doubt I’d take that route.

    Rein can probably stay with me, we can keep each other company, I can give him scritches.

    Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Kymme, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

  9. - Top - End - #429
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    billtodamax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Brain Scan

    Nigel stops walking away from the chair, looking a bit surprised. Uh... sure, sure. Nigel says, grabbing the chair. He doesn't really get it but sure he can bring it. That's because he is not very sentimental. Oh, yeah windows outside should be fine. I was just concerned if you had like internal windows where you could speak to someone that could see you then it wouldn't be very good quarantine. He hops back in the airlock, waiting for Fel to join him, before letting her lead the way back to her room. He checks his phone on the way there... probably still had a little bit of time before the cat woke up. You want anything in particular for dinner? He asks her.
    Avatar by Me!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.


    Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

  10. - Top - End - #430
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Felandria's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Olympus

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Brain Scan

    Nigel stops walking away from the chair, looking a bit surprised. Uh... sure, sure. Nigel says, grabbing the chair. He doesn't really get it but sure he can bring it. That's because he is not very sentimental. Oh, yeah windows outside should be fine. I was just concerned if you had like internal windows where you could speak to someone that could see you then it wouldn't be very good quarantine. He hops back in the airlock, waiting for Fel to join him, before letting her lead the way back to her room. He checks his phone on the way there... probably still had a little bit of time before the cat woke up. You want anything in particular for dinner? He asks her.
    Felandria considers for a beat.

    I could really go for some chicken fried rice.

    And nachos.

    And fruit juice.

    Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Kymme, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

  11. - Top - End - #431
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    billtodamax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Brain Scan

    Ok, yeah I guess I can do that. She's a big lady she needs a lot of food. Definitely have to get Reinholdt out first. Just fruit juice? Nigel does not respect non-alcoholic drinks. Once they arrive he pokes his head around Felandria's room. Should work ok. I'll leave you here for just a second - if you start hallucinating, feeling paranoid, or if you get strange dreams, just let me know. My phone number is <this>. He won't duck out without giving her a chance to reply.
    Avatar by Me!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.


    Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #432
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Felandria's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Olympus

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Brain Scan

    Ok, yeah I guess I can do that. She's a big lady she needs a lot of food. Definitely have to get Reinholdt out first. Just fruit juice? Nigel does not respect non-alcoholic drinks. Once they arrive he pokes his head around Felandria's room. Should work ok. I'll leave you here for just a second - if you start hallucinating, feeling paranoid, or if you get strange dreams, just let me know. My phone number is <this>. He won't duck out without giving her a chance to reply.
    Well, yeah, cold juice with ice as well.

    I have vodka in here if I need a stiff one, it don’t know how advisable it is for me to get drunk in this state.

    Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Kymme, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

  13. - Top - End - #433
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    billtodamax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Brain Scan

    Oh god, screwdrivers? Well, she's the god, right? Sure thing. I'll be back in a couple of minutes with the juice and your cat. Food might take a bit longer, especially the nachos. Nigel likes to make a batch of chilli for his nachos. I'll be back soon!

    He ducks out, heading back to the mri machine. By this time the machine should have finished scanning Reinholdt's brain. The headband Nigel placed on Reinholdt will - in a similar manner to the previous alchemical symbols on his blood - have made sure the disease isn't actively hiding from his mri scan, as well as helping the machine interpret its effects on the brain. The scan should be able to see what part of the brain the disease is effecting, as well as how it's effecting those changes - what precisely the magic is doing. Hopefully from there he'll have a path to develop a cure without having to hunt Reinholdt around HALO again. He doesn't exactly have the time to check on that yet though - he has a god to look after.

    He'll pick up the still drugged cat, cradling him in his arms as he walks back to the kitchen, stopping to pick up a glass of orange juice with ice for Felandria. Reinholdt balanced on one arm, OJ in the other, he returns to Felandria's room. He should be waking up soon. Maybe 10 minutes. Nigel says, leaving the juice and the cat on convenient surfaces.
    Avatar by Me!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.


    Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #434
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Recaiden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fever dreams
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Science Labs
    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Right? 1 to 3, easy rule, so many places mess it up. Nigel says, suddenly animated. God and they just mix all of their gins with the same old tonic. You have to pick the right one! They compliment each other. He calms slightly. Sorry, I uh... used to be a bartender. He says, slightly sheepish now.
    Not you too Nigel!
    "You mean 2 to 5, right?"
    Honeysuckle shakes her head.
    "Well, don't know about all the fruits people put in them, but 've gotta use the right level of tonic. There are heavier gins. Makes a difference!"

    "A bartender? How'd you end up being a science guy here?" she asks, as if her own story makes any more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Spoiler
    Show


    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

  15. - Top - End - #435
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    billtodamax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Science Labs

    The gin gets too overpowering. Nigel says, mostly to himself. Um, I was just doing it to put myself through school. I was there uh... 9 years? Had to give it up to do placements but I loved the job. Chemistry... sorta reminded me of it? Bit more complicated but, y'know, I knew that going in. A few theses later and I'm a science guy. He says. I dunno that I'm actually like.. a science guy here? I just figured this'd be the best place to do some research into the disease, try and cure it.
    Avatar by Me!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.


    Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

  16. - Top - End - #436
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Felandria's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Olympus

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Brain Scan

    Oh god, screwdrivers? Well, she's the god, right? Sure thing. I'll be back in a couple of minutes with the juice and your cat. Food might take a bit longer, especially the nachos. Nigel likes to make a batch of chilli for his nachos. I'll be back soon!

    He ducks out, heading back to the mri machine. By this time the machine should have finished scanning Reinholdt's brain. The headband Nigel placed on Reinholdt will - in a similar manner to the previous alchemical symbols on his blood - have made sure the disease isn't actively hiding from his mri scan, as well as helping the machine interpret its effects on the brain. The scan should be able to see what part of the brain the disease is effecting, as well as how it's effecting those changes - what precisely the magic is doing. Hopefully from there he'll have a path to develop a cure without having to hunt Reinholdt around HALO again. He doesn't exactly have the time to check on that yet though - he has a god to look after.

    He'll pick up the still drugged cat, cradling him in his arms as he walks back to the kitchen, stopping to pick up a glass of orange juice with ice for Felandria. Reinholdt balanced on one arm, OJ in the other, he returns to Felandria's room. He should be waking up soon. Maybe 10 minutes. Nigel says, leaving the juice and the cat on convenient surfaces.
    Felandria accepts the juice and pets the cat.

    Thank you, Nigel.

    Although, when you bring the food, might wanna bring more juice.

    Like, all of the juice.

    Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Kymme, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

  17. - Top - End - #437
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    billtodamax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Brain Scan - Felandria's Room

    Right, right of course. He says. She's a large lady she will also need a lot of juice. Probably be about... 20 minutes or so until food. A bit longer until the nachos comes out. Nigel saw an instant pot in the kitchen, so it shouldn't be too long, but maybe he can check on the results while he's cooking...

    If Fel doesn't have any other objections, Nigel will duck out to start cooking for her. Reinholdt should be waking up soon so hopefully she won't get too bored by herself.
    Avatar by Me!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.


    Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #438
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Recaiden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fever dreams
    Gender
    Male

    Default [Science Labs]

    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    The gin gets too overpowering. Nigel says, mostly to himself. Um, I was just doing it to put myself through school. I was there uh... 9 years? Had to give it up to do placements but I loved the job. Chemistry... sorta reminded me of it? Bit more complicated but, y'know, I knew that going in. A few theses later and I'm a science guy. He says. I dunno that I'm actually like.. a science guy here? I just figured this'd be the best place to do some research into the disease, try and cure it.
    Oh no. He is one of those people who uses too much tonic. Poor poor Nigel.

    ""Were in school nine years?"
    "Well, you're here, we're doing science, you're a science guy here."

    That's how it works.

    "Next step looks like research on psychic stuff." What a drag.
    Honeysuckle slinks over to the door, in serious danger of departing and leaving the lab completely disheveled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Spoiler
    Show


    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

  19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    [Felandria's Office]

    Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    I...suppose so.

    I mean, the ones born of two gods are stronger than demigods usually.

    But then again, unlike a lot of mortals, my mom is a sorceress like me.

    So it’s still too soon to know how that will change things.
    Dorota adjusts her glasses in thought.

    "Ah, yes. Sorceress in the term of being born with magic. We use it differently where I'm from... I suppose we call sorcerers what others would call wizards. That was very informative and I'm grateful for hearing it. I'll let you know if I'm going to join HALO as soon as I can."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

  20. - Top - End - #440
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    billtodamax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Science Labs

    Med school, y'know? You want your doctors to know what they're doing. Nigel says by way of explanation. Plus I went back a couple of times. Nigel looks at the pile of crap Honeysuckle has left behind. She's blind. it's fine. He'll tidy it up. Lemme know if that gets anything. I dunno if I can really help, it's pretty out of my wheelhouse. He admits. You got any plans tonight?
    Avatar by Me!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.


    Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #441
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Felandria's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Olympus

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Felandria's Office]



    Dorota adjusts her glasses in thought.

    "Ah, yes. Sorceress in the term of being born with magic. We use it differently where I'm from... I suppose we call sorcerers what others would call wizards. That was very informative and I'm grateful for hearing it. I'll let you know if I'm going to join HALO as soon as I can."

    Felandria stands and offers a handshake.

    I’m glad I could help.

    And I hope to hear back soon.

    In the meantime, have a tote bag.


    Fel hands Dorota a HALO tote bag, complete with Felandria, Reinholdt and Nurse plushies, a HALO tee shirt, and a gift card for The Olympian.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Brain Scan - Felandria's Room

    Right, right of course. He says. She's a large lady she will also need a lot of juice. Probably be about... 20 minutes or so until food. A bit longer until the nachos comes out. Nigel saw an instant pot in the kitchen, so it shouldn't be too long, but maybe he can check on the results while he's cooking...

    If Fel doesn't have any other objections, Nigel will duck out to start cooking for her. Reinholdt should be waking up soon so hopefully she won't get too bored by herself.
    Fel has no objections, and as Nigel exits, she will give Rein scritches.

    Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Kymme, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

  22. - Top - End - #442
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Places!

    Two people are around!
    Both the Nurse, who is hanging around in the library picking books for . . . something.

    And Grace! Who is in the lab, mixing some chemicals together in a decidedly non-evil sort of way.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  23. - Top - End - #443
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Recaiden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fever dreams
    Gender
    Male

    Default [Science Labs]

    "Don't actually know a lot about actual, ya know, doctor doctors." They're all pretty useless in her experience.
    Honeysuckle shrugs. If he says it takes a decade, then it does. But wow, what a long time. How does anyone stick with it long enough to become a doctor?
    "Yeah, I'll let you know. Got a phone or do I just find you down here in the base?"

    Then she smiles.
    "Gotta put in few hours at the power plant. Then drinking at the DFI, right?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Spoiler
    Show


    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

  24. - Top - End - #444
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    billtodamax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Science Labs

    Ohhhhhhh. She was gonna meet him there. Nigel hopes he didn't just get a date, but that's something to worry about later. Yeah, I've got a phone. Here's my number. Nigel says, giving his number to Honeysuckle. I'll see you there. Is <current time +3 hours> good?
    Avatar by Me!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.


    Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #445
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Recaiden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fever dreams
    Gender
    Male

    Default [Science Labs]

    Hopefully he's only wound up going out drinking with a coworker. Perfectly normal and non-romantic. He should bring other non-sick HALO members along to make sure of it.
    "Good."
    Honeysuckle flips out her phone and tells it to add 'Dr. Nigel' at ###-####.
    "Maybe a half-hour later than that. See ya."

    Then she sashays out of the lab.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2019-06-17 at 04:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Spoiler
    Show


    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

  26. - Top - End - #446
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    5a Violista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Next to the Mandolinist

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    [Half-lit Hallway]

    "Heeeeeeey, can anyone hear me?"

    Julie's voice echoes throughout some of the halls. Being in an underwater base tends to help echoing, sometimes.

    The next thing she says has a lie: "I tied myself up out of fear I'd be infected by that mental virus or meme parasite or whatever it is, but it turns out it I'm immune and I realized I forgot to get enough food and the key's just out of reach," she says. Then, to herself and a bit softer, she says, "I mean, sure, I probably could chew my arms off and that would solve both my problems but it sounds unpleasant."

    Indeed, if someone follows the echoes towards the practically-human Julienne, they'll notice her chained to a pipe. The hallway light is, of course, half-out with one of the lights flickering like the electrician came right out of a horror movie. As her wrists are manacled, she hasn't really had the opportunity to fix her hair so it's casting all sorts of shadows over her. Not to mention, obviously some hair would have been caught in the chains as she moved around so of course there's some that's been torn out and is on the ground.
    There's also her leather jacket on the ground just out of her reach, coincidentally with a shiny key-like object neatly in her jacket pocket, half-sticking out.

    Of course, there's the question of where she got the chains, given that she's only pretending to be a member and doesn't actually know where to find chains.
    Also.
    How did she take her jacket off with the key in the pocket with the manacles on? Or, rather, since the locks require turning the key to lock them, how did she move her jacket-and-key out of reach and neatly set them on the ground?
    Hey, it's her first time doing this in a long time. Obviously she'd mess up somehow.

    "Anyone? At least talk to me about the weather and throw me a sandwich, I can catch it in my mouth, that's fine."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-06-16 at 09:34 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

  27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Reinholdt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In hiding. Always hiding.

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Felandria stands and offers a handshake.

    I’m glad I could help.

    And I hope to hear back soon.

    In the meantime, have a tote bag.


    Fel hands Dorota a HALO tote bag, complete with Felandria, Reinholdt and Nurse plushies, a HALO tee shirt, and a gift card for The Olympian.
    [Felandria's Office]

    "Oh yes... we have tote bags now," Reinholdt says, trying to play it off despite being as surprised as Dorota. He clears his throat and continues as he stretches and starts to lead the way back out, waving bye to Felandria for the time being. "Anyways, was there anything else you wanted to see? Maybe even meet Grace? She's the other alchemist who started with us recently. It might be helpful to get the perspective of a new member."

    Quote Originally Posted by Felandria
    - - - Updated - - -

    Fel has no objections, and as Nigel exits, she will give Rein scritches.
    Rein does wake up after a little while. And while scritches are had, it takes only moments before Reinholdt goes to jump out of Felandria's lap. He walks up to the door and looks at it. Stares at it.
    Meows at it.
    Repeatedly. And loudly. Occasionally glancing back at Felandria and meowing at her in case she isn't getting the message.

    [Half-lit Hallway]

    Down the hallway strolls a raven haired human wearing glasses and voluminous robes. Her neck is craned forward as she is buried deeply into the book she was carrying. It looks to be a heavier ordeal, at least eight hundred pages thick. She also seems quite oblivious to well... everything really. She is completely ignoring everything around her. No amount of shouting and entreated pleading on Julie's part seems to catch the woman's attention. If anything the flickering half-light makes even more invested in her book as she holds it closer to her face to compensate. Curse these human eyes and their lack of nightly vision.

    It's tripping over the jacket that finally catches the woman's attention as she has to catch herself from falling. It moves the jacket just a little closer, but is it close enough? Perhaps not. Regardless, the woman is quite startled. "Ah, uh, please grant me pardon," she says, adjusting her spectacles. "Uhhhh... Salutations?" She adds hesitantly as she absorbs the scene and steps backwards off the chained woman's jacket.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

  28. - Top - End - #448
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    5a Violista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Next to the Mandolinist

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    [Half-lit Hallway]

    As the jacket is stepped on, Julia winces. Ow, ouch, why did she leave her nociceptors in it?

    In spite of the throbbing pain caused by the woman, Jules manages to be dumbfounded: Well, this isn't how it was supposed to go. She had something planned out to say, and then when they reached towards the jacket she was going to do that, and then she would pull off the chains and then do this other thing! But now it's all ruined! "O-Oh. Hi," she responds, desperately trying to figure out what to do next. "Uh, Is that a good book?" she awkwardly asks, still chained up.

    Realizing that's a dumb question that won't get her anywhere, Julie continues talking: "I-I'm only asking because I'm bored; it's not like I want to read it or anything, b-baka."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

  29. - Top - End - #449
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shadowcaller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Avatar by Gulaghar

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Brain Scan

    Oh god, screwdrivers? Well, she's the god, right? Sure thing. I'll be back in a couple of minutes with the juice and your cat. Food might take a bit longer, especially the nachos. Nigel likes to make a batch of chilli for his nachos. I'll be back soon!

    He ducks out, heading back to the mri machine. By this time the machine should have finished scanning Reinholdt's brain. The headband Nigel placed on Reinholdt will - in a similar manner to the previous alchemical symbols on his blood - have made sure the disease isn't actively hiding from his mri scan, as well as helping the machine interpret its effects on the brain. The scan should be able to see what part of the brain the disease is effecting, as well as how it's effecting those changes - what precisely the magic is doing. Hopefully from there he'll have a path to develop a cure without having to hunt Reinholdt around HALO again. He doesn't exactly have the time to check on that yet though - he has a god to look after.

    He'll pick up the still drugged cat, cradling him in his arms as he walks back to the kitchen, stopping to pick up a glass of orange juice with ice for Felandria. Reinholdt balanced on one arm, OJ in the other, he returns to Felandria's room. He should be waking up soon. Maybe 10 minutes. Nigel says, leaving the juice and the cat on convenient surfaces.
    Brain Scan

    The virus doesn't effect a particular part of the brain more than others, instead it seems to effect the entire body, hitting different parts of the brain at different times to simulate the effect.
    Thus he won't learn that much from this scan other than that the virus isn't effecting any particular part of the brain more than others. Since the virus isn't really physical it isn't actually located in any particular part of the body. Instead what the scans are showing are the effects its having. Its like looking at the symptoms of something greater which only shows up at a full body scan which reveals that the virus really covers the entire body, from top to toe. It's really more akin to a curse than an actual disease with the scans showing just what the curse is doing to the body.

    It might help to scan someone else effected by the curse to compare if the effect is different.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-06-18 at 06:17 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #450
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Felandria's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Olympus

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

    Rein does wake up after a little while. And while scritches are had, it takes only moments before Reinholdt goes to jump out of Felandria's lap. He walks up to the door and looks at it. Stares at it.
    Meows at it.
    Repeatedly. And loudly. Occasionally glancing back at Felandria and meowing at her in case she isn't getting the message.
    Felandria gives Rein an expression of understanding but also disappointment.

    Sorry, Rein, no can do, we gotta stay in here for now, but don’t you worry, I got what you need.

    She goes across the room to a file cabinet, opening the bottom drawer, labeled “In Case of Reginald or Reinholdt.”

    She pulls out two bowls, one full of food and one full of water, and further inspection will show that the drawer is lined with soft, cushy velvet.

    She places the bowls next to the drawer.

    Here we are, the best thing is that they refill themselves!

    Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Kymme, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •