New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Open House]

Typical. Just because people can literally see, doesn't mean they can pay attention.

"I wouldn't mind learning to read the things you translate." Honeysuckle admits. Doesn't want to put it too strongly.

"Why don't we go find one of them? Those 'personages'." It's pretty clear what Maria means by that weird word. Either Felandria or Reinholdt, depending on how much detail one wants to observe the admissions-to-HALO-process in.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [The Infirmary]

Faith looks between the surprised nurse and the gaping Rein. Just great.
    Usually, there was never an issue with her condition, but her teacher in public relations had been very insistent on always go for a better safe than sorry approach when it came to these things so that's what she was sticking with.

"Technically, a living corpse." As opposed to a incorporeal spirit, not that sounded much better. "But, yeah." She smiles at the two as to avoid making the situation more awkward than it already was. "But that can't be a problem. There must have been undead working here, considering that miss nurse could treat me too I mean."
    The Nurse nods a few times.
    "Yup!" She agrees, kind of simply, but with assurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [The Infirmary]

"Ahl dun.." Rein gives up and waits until the nurse removes the popsicle stick, running his tongue along his teeth a few times to get the weird taste of wood out once she does. "Right, I was saying I don't believe we've had any undead members as far as I recall. We just have a highly trained Nurse that pays attention to how the Nexus works in general and is prepared for the more common 'edge' cases, as they were. If we were being honest, just walking down the street, one in twenty people you meet is probably a vampire." Reinholdt trails off for a moment. There was one vampire in particular. That one who stopped his robbery, one of the few who ever foiled him. She was...

Blinking, Rein shakes his head and looks to the Nurse. "Icy? What's that?"
    "An ICYA. An 'Eye See Ya Again.'.
    It's perfectly safe, and only requires one simple easy procedure, but should deal with all your problems."
    She pulls on one bright pink rubber glove. "It won't hurt a bit!"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

[The Infirmary]

The reporter nods. "Yeah, vampires are pretty much the poster-people for the undead these days." Indeed, the mere mentioning of them brought back thoughts. While she knew there were a lot of different types of vampires, the undead community tended to only focused on the pretty ones. Being considered the winners of the undead lottery, the others looked at them with envy and resentment. Not that many of them weren't willing to kiss their asses whenever they showed up.

"I'm surprised there haven't been any of them in HALO. They tend to get around."
    In more ways than one, she caught herself thinking causing her to once again to mentally remind herself that she was one of the lucky ones.
    In some ways, she even had it better than most vampires as she didn't need to feed on questionable substances.

"But... if I'll write a piece about HALO, I'll be sure to mention your inclusive medical treatments. A lot of undead tend to read my articles so that'd be some nice PR I imagine. A lot of the ones I talk to don't look very favorably on the orgs unless one of their own happen to be in them."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

[Open House]

"Certainly. You possess my gratitude for the abridged tour," Maria says before turning to head out of the library in search of one of those two. The process itself is certainly generic enough to be hand waved easily.

[The Infirmary]

"W-what problems?" Reinholdt doesn't have any problems. "Not a bit means actually a lot right?" He must still used to doctors who like to twist words. But the glove doesn't inspire confidence! Not that Rein will actually stop the Nurse from doing her job regardless of what the procedure is.

The best thing he can do is distract himself most likely. "Do you speak to a lot of undead then? Like a club?" Reinholdt asks Faith. Is there a tavern or a rave that caters entirely to undead? Probably. Rein doesn't go clubbing that often anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria is walking around the base with a clipboard, looking at stuff.

It seems like the thing to do.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

6. - Top - End - #126

[The Infirmary]

The reporter nods. "Yeah, vampires are pretty much the poster-people for the undead these days." Indeed, the mere mentioning of them brought back thoughts. While she knew there were a lot of different types of vampires, the undead community tended to only focused on the pretty ones. Being considered the winners of the undead lottery, the others looked at them with envy and resentment. Not that many of them weren't willing to kiss their asses whenever they showed up.

"I'm surprised there haven't been any of them in HALO. They tend to get around."
    In more ways than one, she caught herself thinking causing her to once again to mentally remind herself that she was one of the lucky ones.
    In some ways, she even had it better than most vampires as she didn't need to feed on questionable substances.

"But... if I'll write a piece about HALO, I'll be sure to mention your inclusive medical treatments. A lot of undead tend to read my articles so that'd be some nice PR I imagine. A lot of the ones I talk to don't look very favorably on the orgs unless one of their own happen to be in them."
    "It's true! Why, I can think of . . .
    . . .
    Like, two vampires, off the top of my head!"
    Nurse that's not helping your case. "I'm pretty sure we've had a few come around. Just not for a good while.

Why thank you!"
    She beams at her new friend, obviously thrilled and ecstatic to not only be in a news piece, but in a good one! That's so exciting! "I am certified to help just about anybody, and am happy to provide aid to any that I can!"

[The Infirmary]

"W-what problems?" Reinholdt doesn't have any problems. "Not a bit means actually a lot right?" He must still used to doctors who like to twist words. But the glove doesn't inspire confidence! Not that Rein will actually stop the Nurse from doing her job regardless of what the procedure is.

The best thing he can do is distract himself most likely. "Do you speak to a lot of undead then? Like a club?" Reinholdt asks Faith. Is there a tavern or a rave that caters entirely to undead? Probably. Rein doesn't go clubbing that often anymore.

"Well. It's nothing too major," though anemia is probably bad, Nurse. "and your eyes are absolutely lovely, but they are working, right?
    Either way! This terribly intrusive procedure iiiiiis,"
    she reaches into a pocket, and pulls out a small plastic sterile package!
    "This!" The package tells that it's one (1) unit of Very Floofy Gummy Vitamins, With Extra Goodness!
    It's a gummy vitamin, designed to help supply most all essential vitamins to the nommer over the course of a week or so, adjusting to the body of the person they were eaten by. Extra iron, most likely, for Rein. It is a bit magical, to those that can tell, but in a 'it just makes the helpful effects last longer' sort of way. Nothing major, and nothing harmful.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

7. - Top - End - #127

[The Infirmary]

"More than I intend to, but I'm not a member of any undead club, even if those do exist. I just get assigned to a lot of stories that involve interviews with undead." Racial profiling some might say, but in her experience the undead tended to prefer talking to "their own" rather than the living. Much more so than most other minorities. So at least there was reasoning for it.

"Anyway, if you don't mind I'd like to ask some questions regarding your work, miss nurse. If you're done treating him that is." It was a bit hard to tell.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Infirmary]

Rein peers at the Nurse. She keeps mentioning his eyes. And seeing him again and if he can see her. Is she... trying to flirt with him? Like asking if he can see the beauty right in front of him and 'why don't you ask me out already' type of thing? "Ah, I can see just fine. For instance, I can tell your tails are extra floofy today and they only add to your bright sunshine you bring to work."

Maybe that would be satisfactory enough. Regardless, Rein'll take the packet of vitamins, hesitantly. Floofy is nice and all, but does one really want a floofy vitamin? That sounds like it'd contribute to a hairball problem. Well if the Nurse orders it...

"Is that what you wanted to do? When you became a reporter that is? Is there any article you really wanted to or imagined yourself working on?" Reinholdt asks Faith. Interviewing the undead must get dull after a while.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #129

[The Infirmary]

"More than I intend to, but I'm not a member of any undead club, even if those do exist. I just get assigned to a lot of stories that involve interviews with undead." Racial profiling some might say, but in her experience the undead tended to prefer talking to "their own" rather than the living. Much more so than most other minorities. So at least there was reasoning for it.

"Anyway, if you don't mind I'd like to ask some questions regarding your work, miss nurse. If you're done treating him that is." It was a bit hard to tell.
    Infirmary

"Oh, of course! Please! Ask away! I'd love to answer any questions you may have!" Since the treatment was mostly just the gummi vitamin, her job was nearly done!

[The Infirmary]

Rein peers at the Nurse. She keeps mentioning his eyes. And seeing him again and if he can see her. Is she... trying to flirt with him? Like asking if he can see the beauty right in front of him and 'why don't you ask me out already' type of thing? "Ah, I can see just fine. For instance, I can tell your tails are extra floofy today and they only add to your bright sunshine you bring to work."

Maybe that would be satisfactory enough. Regardless, Rein'll take the packet of vitamins, hesitantly. Floofy is nice and all, but does one really want a floofy vitamin? That sounds like it'd contribute to a hairball problem. Well if the Nurse orders it...

"Is that what you wanted to do? When you became a reporter that is? Is there any article you really wanted to or imagined yourself working on?" Reinholdt asks Faith. Interviewing the undead must get dull after a while.
    "Awwwww~!" She blushes and coos absolutely adorably, one hand coming up to her cheek. "Well aren't you just the sweetest of talkers."
    The vitamin should help! It doesn't do anything crazy magical or forcing healing on anyone, just a bit of a boost to the person that nommed it's immune system, to just help it heal the body up well.
    So in essence, the vitamin shouldn't do anything noticeable off the bat.
    It should help; but over the course of a few days to a week.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130

[The Infirmary]

Was Rein trying to flirt with the nurse while questioning her choices in life? He really was a particular kind of drunk right now.
    "I can can still take stories I want, like this one for instance. No one told me to go to HALO. So it's alright, I'm long away from slaving away at some small newspaper where I was forced to work only on things they told me to now." She replies with a smile as the yellow orbs that is her eyes shift to focus on the nurse. She reaches into her pocket and takes up her cellphone and hits the recording button. "Okay, so first of all, this will all be recorded and the recording will be transcribed. The transcription, or parts of it, might end up published in a public newspaper. Is that alright with you, miss nurse?" She inquires. Assuming the nurse agrees she continues. "Okay, so full name and profession? I am Faith Sunsworn of the Nexus Herald." The last part seems more for the recording than anything else.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Infirmary]

Reinholdt mastered the art of wildly different conversations long, long ago when he was completely sober. The days when there were three conversations going at the same time in the same scene in a crowded tavern with multiple scenes at the rate of a post every two minutes.

Besides, he's less questioning her choices in life and more wondering if she's happy how things turned out. Other people's happiness is a priority of his.

For now though, he'll just quietly open the package and chew the vitamin while the interview is happening. Since it's being recorded, he doesn't want to cut in. So he'll just stay as quiet as he can.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #132

[The Infirmary]

Was Rein trying to flirt with the nurse while questioning her choices in life? He really was a particular kind of drunk right now.
    "I can can still take stories I want, like this one for instance. No one told me to go to HALO. So it's alright, I'm long away from slaving away at some small newspaper where I was forced to work only on things they told me to now." She replies with a smile as the yellow orbs that is her eyes shift to focus on the nurse. She reaches into her pocket and takes up her cellphone and hits the recording button. "Okay, so first of all, this will all be recorded and the recording will be transcribed. The transcription, or parts of it, might end up published in a public newspaper. Is that alright with you, miss nurse?" She inquires. Assuming the nurse agrees she continues. "Okay, so full name and profession? I am Faith Sunsworn of the Nexus Herald." The last part seems more for the recording than anything else.
    The Infirmary

Oh! Now? She always thought interviews took time to set up and prepare for and she wasn't ready and aaaaaaaaaaaa-
    The Nurse quickly shakes her head a few times, clearing out all those undue, unhappy thoughts. The time to put on a good face is now!

"Y-yes. Yes of course." She answers the question, before realizing that the microphone in the phone might not have heard her! So she leans forwards to put her head closer to the phone, more in a cute misunderstanding than any sort of creepy actually-too-close way, though. It's an art. "That is fine, yes." Then she continues, tails swishing slightly in excitement, this is fun! "Names are finicky, fickle things." She says in an almost out of place seeming tone from her usual standard less-than-serious sort of tone. "My name is The Nurse. But everyone just calls me Nurse. I, uh, I work at HALO. As, well, as the Nurse."

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria
    Felandria is walking around the base with a clipboard, looking at stuff.

It seems like the thing to do.
    Well, there may just be some floofy sort of nurse futzing around the base!
    Probably dusting. There's a good deal of it still around.
    Last edited by Mee; 2019-02-24 at 05:36 PM.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133

[The Infirmary]

"Of course." Faith replies without hesitation. "We don't pick our names after all, or at least I didn't. Don't know how things work on your side of the nexus, but I got the most faith-based names one can imagine. But tell me more about the kind of work you do here. What do you most commonly treat in this facility?"

14. - Top - End - #134

[The Infirmary]

"Of course." Faith replies without hesitation. "We don't pick our names after all, or at least I didn't. Don't know how things work on your side of the nexus, but I got the most faith-based names one can imagine. But tell me more about the kind of work you do here. What do you most commonly treat in this facility?"
    The Infirmary

"Most commonly treated here, so far, clocking in at one hundred percent of all of our cases, is anemia." The Nurse admits, a bit of a cheerful smile on her face. "HALO only just recently reopened, and I simply have not had many clients come through needing my services. That said though, previously, and what I have been trained to handle, is just about anything. I'm more of a general practitioner; so while I might not be able to do a lot about super, super niche problems, I am very well versed in handling the more common things, from simple illnesses to battle wounds to simple checkups for anyone that can make it in to me -- and even some if they need house calls, I will do that too --, to some harmful curses that need dispelling. Previously I have helped various humans, harpies, werewolves, vampires, lamias," she goes through the list, ticking off things on her fingers as she goes, "one particular ghoul that had, literally, bitten off more than it could chew, some pixies of various specific flavors, and . . . the list likely goes on. But if someone needs help; and it's something I can help with, I will always be there for them, to the best of my abilities." She stands there for a few moments, hands clasped together, tails calm behind her. "Which, admittedly, at this exact moment we are lacking some specific machinery and tools with which too assist people, but HALO only just reopened, and my orders for supplies have not fully arrived yet.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    The Infirmary

Oh! Now? She always thought interviews took time to set up and prepare for and she wasn't ready and aaaaaaaaaaaa-
    The Nurse quickly shakes her head a few times, clearing out all those undue, unhappy thoughts. The time to put on a good face is now!

"Y-yes. Yes of course." She answers the question, before realizing that the microphone in the phone might not have heard her! So she leans forwards to put her head closer to the phone, more in a cute misunderstanding than any sort of creepy actually-too-close way, though. It's an art. "That is fine, yes." Then she continues, tails swishing slightly in excitement, this is fun! "Names are finicky, fickle things." She says in an almost out of place seeming tone from her usual standard less-than-serious sort of tone. "My name is The Nurse. But everyone just calls me Nurse. I, uh, I work at HALO. As, well, as the Nurse."

Well, there may just be some floofy sort of nurse futzing around the base!
    Probably dusting. There's a good deal of it still around.
    As she does, Fel comes around a corner and walks right into a cloud of dust D:

*koff koff*

Wuzzat?

16. - Top - End - #136

[The Infirmary]

"Quite a resumé, and I do know the strains of working with limited resources. It's a pain. But speaking of abilities, I can't help but to notice your tails. Are there any particular talents that come with them, or are they perhaps more of a hindrance in your job? I know hospitals have strict policies regarding hair and fur. So how do you deal with that in your job? Could they trigger allergies?" Faith inquires.

Really, they shouldn't let Rein in at all! He probably shed hair over all important equipment!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria in the OP
    There are no active anti-teleport wards!
    [Mirai Joins HALO]

Someone teleports in! It's a chocolate-skinned young man of about 20 years, with black sclera, amber eyes with no visible pupil, and reddish brown hair, currently styled in a short afro that wafts in the wind. He's wearing navy blue pants, a red t-shirt and black palm sandals. Around his wrists are red beads with rune-like writings on each of them. He appears to be unarmed, but appearances deceive!

Mirai walks up to the reception area, waiting to be seen. Hmm, perhaps he could take on greeting duties, if there's no one here to receive him...
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

18. - Top - End - #138

[The Infirmary]

"Quite a resumé, and I do know the strains of working with limited resources. It's a pain. But speaking of abilities, I can't help but to notice your tails. Are there any particular talents that come with them, or are they perhaps more of a hindrance in your job? I know hospitals have strict policies regarding hair and fur. So how do you deal with that in your job? Could they trigger allergies?" Faith inquires.

Really, they shouldn't let Rein in at all! He probably shed hair over all important equipment!
    The Infirmary

"Oh no, not at all!" The Nurse beams brightly, her smile actually lighting the room up juuuust barely noticeably. "Nothing super special! They're just very floofy." She swishes them from side to side a little bit, the small amount of movement still causing her to need to twist a bit to adjust to keep her balance. "Definitely not a hindrance though! They are quite hypoallergenic, and I would never dream of shedding in here! Especially while on the clock!
    . . .
    The rest of the base you're probably going to find some shed hairs. But never in here!"
    She insists, nodding a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    As she does, Fel comes around a corner and walks right into a cloud of dust D:

*koff koff*

Wuzzat?
    "Oh no I'm sorry are you okay?" Comes a voice through the cloud of dust. "I didn't expect anyone to come this way for a bit yet, and thought I had time to dust. I'm sorry!"

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post
    [Mirai Joins HALO]

Someone teleports in! It's a chocolate-skinned young man of about 20 years, with black sclera, amber eyes with no visible pupil, and reddish brown hair, currently styled in a short afro that wafts in the wind. He's wearing navy blue pants, a red t-shirt and black palm sandals. Around his wrists are red beads with rune-like writings on each of them. He appears to be unarmed, but appearances deceive!

Mirai walks up to the reception area, waiting to be seen. Hmm, perhaps he could take on greeting duties, if there's no one here to receive him...
    Entrance

Well, someone may not have instantly been there, but someone is along fairly soon after his arrival!
    She's best described as 'quite floofy'. A pink kitsune with at least 30 some odd tails swishing along behind her, and is . . . well. Extremely pink.

"Hello and welcome to HALO." She manages to pant out, a bit winded from her mad dash over to the door.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Pixie in the Playground

Entrance

Well, someone may not have instantly been there, but someone is along fairly soon after his arrival!
    She's best described as 'quite floofy'. A pink kitsune with at least 30 some odd tails swishing along behind her, and is . . . well. Extremely pink.

"Hello and welcome to HALO." She manages to pant out, a bit winded from her mad dash over to the door.
    [Entrance]

Mirai steps forward, smiling and exuding an aura of confidence and friendliness. "Hello, I'm Mirai, I'm from Seaside and I'd like to join HALO. Stop and take deep breaths." He says, stretching his hand out to pat her but managing to stop himself. "Sorry."

And she'd feel floofy, too! But one doesn't pat random strangers, just like one doesn't touch his hair without permission.
    Love is the message.

20. - Top - End - #140

[Entrance]

Mirai steps forward, smiling and exuding an aura of confidence and friendliness. "Hello, I'm Mirai, I'm from Seaside and I'd like to join HALO. Stop and take deep breaths." He says, stretching his hand out to pat her but managing to stop himself. "Sorry."

And she'd feel floofy, too! But one doesn't pat random strangers, just like one doesn't touch his hair without permission.
    Entrance

The floofy one nods a few times.
    "I've been told I can say sure. Welcome to HALO!" She watches the hand curiously, before looking back up at him, her pupils not quite hearts but . . . not far off.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Pixie in the Playground

[Entrance]

"Yay!" Mirai punches the air happily! "So, I have ninja training, I have lightning powers, I'm a gadgeteer and I'm joining to help fight evil. In peacetime, such as now, I'm quick enough to be a greeter - or make a robot that'll beam my face to new people. I'm good with animals and children. I can train people, repair weapons and high-tech gear. Anything else... I've been a girl before, Nexus magic hit me as soon as I arrived. Aaaaaand I have a girlfriend, so there'll be no worries about me being inappropriate." Best to get the basics out of the way!

"So, do I get a tour, uhh… Floof?"
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2019-03-08 at 11:53 PM.
    Love is the message.

22. - Top - End - #142

[Entrance]

"Yay!" Mirai punches the air happily! "So, I have ninja training, I have lightning powers, I'm a gadgeteer and I'm joining to help fight evil. In peacetime, such as now, I'm quick enough to be a greeter - or make a robot that'll beam my face to new people. I'm good with animals and children. I can train people, repair weapons and high-tech gear. Anything else... I've been a girl before, Nexus magic hit me as soon as I arrived. Aaaaaand I have a girlfriend, so there'll be no worries about me being inappropriate." Best to get the basics out of the way!

"So, do I get a tour, uhh… Floof?"
    Entrance

Tour blinks a few times. That was . . . quite the info dump.
    "Um, y-yes. Of course. This way, please." And then she takes him on the tour! Showing him all the locations! He can stop for questions as needed, but otherwise it can kinda be glossed over.
    Last edited by Mee; 2019-03-09 at 01:31 PM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

"Oh no I'm sorry are you okay?" Comes a voice through the cloud of dust. "I didn't expect anyone to come this way for a bit yet, and thought I had time to dust. I'm sorry!"
    Felandria looks down to the floofy Nurse and smiles.

Dont worry, it’s fine, I’m fine.

Might need to swing by your station later for some allergy tablets, but I’m fine.

Anyway, how are you today, Nurse?

24. - Top - End - #144
    Pixie in the Playground

Entrance

The Nurse blinks a few times. That was . . . quite the info dump.
    "Um, y-yes. Of course. This way, please." And then she takes him on the tour! Showing him all the locations! He can stop for questions as needed, but otherwise it can kinda be glossed over.
    [Entrance => Labs]

Mirai follows along, paying great attention to everything. He's majorly interested in the Training and Simulation rooms, chooses a room - which he marks by placing a tiny button on the door, explaining that it's a beacon for him so he can get there in one burst after they're done with their tour. When they happen upon the labs, however, he knows he's found his home. "Well, hello there, my love, what wonderful facilities you have." He says, addressing the room and its contents. His demeanour changes to one reminiscent of a kid in a candy shop as he steps forward to interface with the equipment, which the Nurse'll notice he does without using any buttons or touchscreens, seemingly directly interfacing with the device controls. "Tell me about this place, Nurse-chan." Even if he's using a Cockney accent, there's something very Japanese about the way he says 'chan'. If his Asian eyes didn't already give it away!
    Love is the message.

25. - Top - End - #145

Felandria looks down to the floofy Nurse and smiles.

Dont worry, it’s fine, I’m fine.

Might need to swing by your station later for some allergy tablets, but I’m fine.

Anyway, how are you today, Nurse?
    She raises a hand, one finger pointing up in that 'I've got it!' sort of way, before reaching into a pocket, and pulling out some allergy medication. They appear to be gummy foxxos! The greatest of allergy meds! She offers them to her boss, before shrugging.
    "I am great! It feels wonderful to be back in business.
    And how are youuuuu?"

[Entrance => Labs]

Mirai follows along, paying great attention to everything. He's majorly interested in the Training and Simulation rooms, chooses a room - which he marks by placing a tiny button on the door, explaining that it's a beacon for him so he can get there in one burst after they're done with their tour. When they happen upon the labs, however, he knows he's found his home. "Well, hello there, my love, what wonderful facilities you have." He says, addressing the room and its contents. His demeanour changes to one reminiscent of a kid in a candy shop as he steps forward to interface with the equipment, which the Nurse'll notice he does without using any buttons or touchscreens, seemingly directly interfacing with the device controls. "Tell me about this place, Nurse-chan." Even if he's using a Cockney accent, there's something very Japanese about the way he says 'chan'. If his Asian eyes didn't already give it away!
    Labs

Puttering away at a work station of her own, playing with what looks to be some volatile chemicals, is a very tanned woman with bright red hair. She's a ways off though, and doesn't seem to notice.

She blinks at him a few times. Where did he hear that name? "Please call me Tour.
    But, this is, uh. This is the lab. And are you . . . are you should you should be messing with those?"
    It's fairly obvious she isn't suuuper comfortable in the lab.
    Probably something with shedding and people getting upset at that.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

She raises a hand, one finger pointing up in that 'I've got it!' sort of way, before reaching into a pocket, and pulling out some allergy medication. They appear to be gummy foxxos! The greatest of allergy meds! She offers them to her boss, before shrugging.
    "I am great! It feels wonderful to be back in business.
    And how are youuuuu?"
    Felandria takes and happily noms the foxxo gummies.

I’m alright.

Happy to see that we’re getting things on track around here.

Are you in need of supplies, that I can order for you?

27. - Top - End - #147

Felandria takes and happily noms the foxxo gummies.

I’m alright.

Happy to see that we’re getting things on track around here.

Are you in need of supplies, that I can order for you?
    "Noooooothin' in particular!" She replies, bouncing a bit on the balls of her feet. "I mean. Other than the work orders for some large bits of hardware I already put in!" And it's true! There were some, say, 'I need a CAT scan machine thing!' notes left piled on Fel's desk. "Other than those, though, I'm gooooood.
    How about you? Anything I can do to help?"
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Pixie in the Playground

Labs

Puttering away at a work station of her own, playing with what looks to be some volatile chemicals, is a very tanned woman with bright red hair. She's a ways off though, and doesn't seem to notice.

She blinks at him a few times. Where did he hear that name? "Please call me Tour.
    But, this is, uh. This is the lab. And are you . . . are you should you should be messing with those?"
    It's fairly obvious she isn't suuuper comfortable in the lab.
    Probably something with shedding and people getting upset at that.
    [Labs]

Mirai turns to face her when she doesn't immediately answer, and sees her reaction. Did he get her name right? It just came out, that'd be a lucky guess. The fact that she insists on being called Tour lends credence to that theory. Still, her reaction is enough for him to know not to inquire further. "Oops, sorry, Tour-chan."

Her obvious discomfort at being in the lab, however, is not lost on him. "I know what I'm doing. Wanna go to the kitchen, instead? I'd like to see what alcohol is on base." He says, giving her an excuse for them to leave so she doesn't have to suffer any more discomfort.
    Love is the message.

29. - Top - End - #149

[Labs]

Mirai turns to face her when she doesn't immediately answer, and sees her reaction. Did he get her name right? It just came out, that'd be a lucky guess. The fact that she insists on being called Tour lends credence to that theory. Still, her reaction is enough for him to know not to inquire further. "Oops, sorry, Tour-chan."

Her obvious discomfort at being in the lab, however, is not lost on him. "I know what I'm doing. Wanna go to the kitchen, instead? I'd like to see what alcohol is on base." He says, giving her an excuse for them to leave so she doesn't have to suffer any more discomfort.
    Labs

She smiles at him slightly. "Apology accepted.

I see."
    She says in response to that he knows what he's doing. She's certainly not one to argue. "If you wish. Though I believe we're a dry base now. Reinholdt stole all the rum." And then leads them off to the kitchen!
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitchen]

All of the rum is indeed gone. And all the other liquor. With but one exception in a bottle of vodka left untouched buried in the furthest reaches. Reinholdt indignantly said something about stereotyping and Russian Blues, but it shall not be repeated since literally no one was around to hear him. Who was he talking to?

No one's gone shopping for more booze yet. Well, Rein has, but none of it has ever successfully made it back to the kitchen.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast