The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shadowcaller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Avatar by Gulaghar

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    The Infirmary MkII

    The Nurse shakes her head once at that. "I'm afraid those are a few questions to which I have no answers. She and I have not had a chance to sit down and talk a lot, prior to your visit. This is all quite new, and beyond that she seems to be doing well so far, I'm afraid I simply don't have answers to those."
    The Infirmary MkII

    "Alright, I hope you find that time some time. The both of you have to be pretty busy right now with the reopening of HALO and all." She pauses. "That should be it though." Faith offers her hand to shake. "Thank you for your time, miss Nurse."

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    [Labora-Dora]

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Ah." Moving is a big hassle. Or so Rein has heard.

    "Most people would consider that dangerous research," Reinholdt says. Is he a part of that most people? He's not giving an indication either way at this time. "I've met a few humans turned gods. Angela. The Eves. None of them are around anymore." So he couldn't introduce Dorota.

    "Maybe the gods have forsaken the Nexus. Given up on it." Their influence lingers, but their presence has found somewhere else to live.
    "I know it can be dangerous," Dorota admits. "But many things worth investigating are. It does seem like there's fewer deities around than there used to be. This could be a challenge. Maybe nothing will come of it, but it's still an ambition of mine."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Mee's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    The Infirmary MkII

    "Alright, I hope you find that time some time. The both of you have to be pretty busy right now with the reopening of HALO and all." She pauses. "That should be it though." Faith offers her hand to shake. "Thank you for your time, miss Nurse."
    The Infirmary

    "Of course!" The Nurse says, taking the offered hand in her own. Her grip is not terribly tight, but soft, gentle, and very pleasant. She offers a truly happy smile. "Come back any time. I'd love to see you both again. Though to visit, I hope, not because you need my services."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.


    Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Reinholdt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In hiding. Always hiding.

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    [Labora-Dora]

    "Well you should talk to Felandria at some point at least. She's a demi-goddess I think? That's like... both mortal and god." It probably works that way. Maybe. Rein's still wary about the research in general, but if she's doing it here, he can at least check up on how it's going.

    [The Feel Good Flooftorium]

    Reinholdt uncurls from his nap, sad to see it go now that Nurse and Faith have concluded. He has to stretch long, butt high, yawn wide before he's fully awake. He looks to Faith. "Do you wish to keep looking around?" He asks. She probably got a lot, but on the flip side Rein's only really shown her the Infirmary.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Meltdowner's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Neo Africa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Lab- Living Quarters

    "Not every man needs a woman, Mirai. But I get the meaning." She smiles, and kisses back. "A... Many tailed floof person? Well, whatever. I'm sure they'll help if you ask, without changing your gender if you ask." She looks around the apartment with interest, and smiles at him, a little shyly. "I have no issues with public displays of affection, Mirai." She's just happy she's got someone to display affection publicly with.
    Living Quarters

    "I'll see about doing that. Right now, though..." Mirai takes a quick glance at the room, memorizing it, then focuses his whole attention on his beautiful belle. "I know, baby girl, but there's some things we can't do in public." He sits on the bed and pulls her into his lap, tugging the curtain to obscure their first lovemaking in HALO.

    The curtain pulls back to show Mirai cuddling Zither in their bed. "Y'know, there's a simulation room we could run a simulated adventure dungeon in. My sadistic bloodlust tendencies aren't as much of a problem for me to fight to resist when I know the targets are holograms or monsters. Think you can beat up holographic humans without hesitating too much?" He teases, kissing her nose.
    Avvie by yours truly.

    You only need a few good friends in life; and you absolutely stick by them no matter what.

    Mirai, Asher, Ezra, Shuyoru
    Karasu, Ruth, Rosalind, Svetlana

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    [Labora-Dora]

    "I suppose I will. I don't think I've met her before," Dorota says. "But enough about my pet projects. If I joined here, what would my expected duties be, exactly?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Earl of Purple's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Garden of the Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Living Quarters

    Zither grins and pulls the curtain.

    "Did I hesitate with the raiders at the Tower? I don't think I did." But she might have done; it was a long time ago, and Zither's not too interested in adventuring. Also, I dislike sending my characters on my own dungeons; Zither was intended to be a disposable one-off person who never appeared again originally.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

    I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Reinholdt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In hiding. Always hiding.

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    [Labora-Dora]

    "Well, if something comes up that can use your expertise, we would like you to step forth to help solve whatever problem we happen to be working on. Of course, I'm sure some of the scientists here could use your help as well," Reinholdt explains to Dorota. "I wouldn't consider them duties so much, as providing an opportunity to volunteer and help others with your own unique skill set. We won't require you to do anything, but you being here does indicate some willingness to helping make the world a better place."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    [Labora-Dora]

    "Hmm. Well, this does make it easier to reconcile with my other work," Dorota says. "I suppose that answers all my questions, really. I still need some time to talk to Crissy and decide. But... perhaps speaking to Felandria first would be a good idea."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shadowcaller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Avatar by Gulaghar

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    The Infirmary

    "Of course!" The Nurse says, taking the offered hand in her own. Her grip is not terribly tight, but soft, gentle, and very pleasant. She offers a truly happy smile. "Come back any time. I'd love to see you both again. Though to visit, I hope, not because you need my services."
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [The Feel Good Flooftorium]

    Reinholdt uncurls from his nap, sad to see it go now that Nurse and Faith have concluded. He has to stretch long, butt high, yawn wide before he's fully awake. He looks to Faith. "Do you wish to keep looking around?" He asks. She probably got a lot, but on the flip side Rein's only really shown her the Infirmary.
    [The Feel Good Flooftorium]

    Faith nods and smiles at the nurse. "Likewise, see you around." Then, turning to Rein who must have taken a real catnap she nods. "I guess looking around couldn't hurt, but I really shouldn't do more interviews in this costume." She laughs humorlessly at her own not-real-joke while putting away her cellphone.

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Reinholdt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In hiding. Always hiding.

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    [Labora-Dora]

    "Of course. This way." Reinholdt will lead Dorota to Felandria's office, where he will knock on the door.

    [The Feel Good Flooftorium]

    "Oh?" Reinholdt grins. "Do you feel Nurse's answers leaned heavily into metal subconsciously because of it?"
    It's kind of a pun...

    "Well, do you want to go home and get your clothes and come back later, or see what we can find around here? I know we have some spare clothes around for lab accidents or pool accidents or costume accidents." Just what kind of accidents happen around here? "I just... have to find them. I think they're this way..." Reinholdt says, starting to walk in a direction. The cat understandably doesn't keep up with spare clothing much.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Felandria's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Olympus

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Labora-Dora]

    "Of course. This way." Reinholdt will lead Dorota to Felandria's office, where he will knock on the door.
    The newly installed sensors that detect when Reinholdt is knocking while Fel is in her office will open the door.

    Felandria is at her desk, examining some blueprints and drinking some fruit juice.

    What up, Rein?

    Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Kymme, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    [Felandria's Office - Rein and Dorota]

    Dorota, a slim blonde human woman in a long skirt, jacket and long-sleeved shirt and wearing glasses, stays behind Reinholdt and waits to be introduced.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    billtodamax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Wayward Doctor

    I guess this is the place. Comes a muffled voice from the inside of a white hazmat suit. Nigel's bald head is peering out of the plastic protective port at the door. He raps on the entrance once or twice, looking around to see if there's a camera or anything. Hello? He calls out. I heard you guys have a lab here?
    Avatar by Me!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.


    Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Meltdowner's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Neo Africa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Living Quarters

    Zither grins and pulls the curtain.

    "Did I hesitate with the raiders at the Tower? I don't think I did." But she might have done; it was a long time ago, and Zither's not too interested in adventuring. Also, I dislike sending my characters on my own dungeons; Zither was intended to be a disposable one-off person who never appeared again originally.
    Living Quarters

    ((As you've told me for the umpteenth time. But she's fun to play with Mirai, isn't she Besides, I never said you'd run it.))

    "No, you didn't. However, we haven't adventured in a long time, I know how you prefer working on a car to adventuring, but you know I'm the adventuring type. I wish you'd come with me sometimes." Mirai replies, kissing his tiefling girlfriend's nose. "If you don't wanna do that yet, then lets furnish and design this room to our tastes."

    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Wayward Doctor

    I guess this is the place. Comes a muffled voice from the inside of a white hazmat suit. Nigel's bald head is peering out of the plastic protective port at the door. He raps on the entrance once or twice, looking around to see if there's a camera or anything. Hello? He calls out. I heard you guys have a lab here?
    Wayward Doctor

    I assume Nigel is inside the base at least, seeing as HALO is underwater.

    "Welcome to HALO!" A dark-skinned young man with an afro and a trimmed goatee shows up, dressed in a shirt and jeans trousers. He has afro-Asian features, epicanthic folds in his eyes, which are coloured amber (iris and pupil) and black (cornea/sclera). "We have a lab, I'm an electronics specialist myself. Come in, come in!" He says in a friendly manner.

    "May I ask your name? Call me Mirai."
    Avvie by yours truly.

    You only need a few good friends in life; and you absolutely stick by them no matter what.

    Mirai, Asher, Ezra, Shuyoru
    Karasu, Ruth, Rosalind, Svetlana

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Earl of Purple's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Garden of the Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Living Quarters

    "I'll think about it. You find one that's posing a threat and is overlooked by good vantage points, inhabited by psychos or dead people or whatever else and I'll go." She's not confident in her melee ability, and whilst she's not the best shot, she is at least a good one. Best thing about undead is that they usually don't have much response to being shot at. She looks around at the rooms they've got to live in. "Ugh, decorating. Worst part of moving in to a house." She'll help, though. Her taste in decoration tends to sleek lines, bright colours and angles. She has a few photographs and artwork to display, if Mirai's willing to put them up; mostly of cars and engines, rather than people.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

    I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shadowcaller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Avatar by Gulaghar

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [The Feel Good Flooftorium]

    "Oh?" Reinholdt grins. "Do you feel Nurse's answers leaned heavily into metal subconsciously because of it?"
    It's kind of a pun...

    "Well, do you want to go home and get your clothes and come back later, or see what we can find around here? I know we have some spare clothes around for lab accidents or pool accidents or costume accidents." Just what kind of accidents happen around here? "I just... have to find them. I think they're this way..." Reinholdt says, starting to walk in a direction. The cat understandably doesn't keep up with spare clothing much.
    [The Feel Good Flooftorium]

    Faith waves her hand. "It's fine, it's fine. People go around pretty much dressed like this in Inside all the time. I'm sure this won't raise too many eyebrows. Just not very professional-looking, but all I want is to have a look around so it probably won't matter." Yet she still follows him. "So what kind of accidents require spare clothes around here?"

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    billtodamax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Wayward Doctor

    Hi, Nigel. He says, walking in and glancing around. Apparently satisfied, he continues. This is the, like... charity science place right? Nigel is not entirely clear on what HALO is but he isn't going to let that stop him. I'm here to help out with this uh... disease? Thing? He holds up a copy of a newspaper with an article on the memetic disease. I figure you probably have people looking into it already but I thought I might uh... He trails off looking at Mirai for a second. Might help with it - you are.. doing something about it, right?
    Avatar by Me!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.


    Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Reinholdt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In hiding. Always hiding.

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    [Felandria's Office]

    Reinholdt walks in and motions to Dorota. "Felandria, this is Dorota. Dorota, Felandria. Dorota is considering whether or not to join HALO and wished to meet you. I've shown her around for the most part already," Reinholdt explains before somewhat stepping to the side and letting the two of them get acquainted.

    [Feel Good Flooftorium -> Labs]

    "... You know, I don't know. Not many I suppose or I'd know where they are off the top of my head," Reinholdt mulls. "Probably the comical lab explosion kind where soot gets everywhere and no one gets seriously hurt."

    "Oh. Speaking of. Here are the labs. Some of em anyways." Reinholdt starts pushing doors open and showing Faith the set ups. "We've got mechanical, engineering, theoretical, divination, alchemical, virology... I think that's the right word for it. And spare space for more I'm probably missing. I definitely want to get a cursology department going. You know, defense against the dark arts kind of stuff. I know a lot about how to recognize and avoid curses, but less so about fixing them. Doubt I'd have the talent for it anyways, but having a lab for it would be a solid first step. Maybe I'll take this one. No one's using it yet. Probably need demonology and eldritchology too at some point." Eldritchology is probably not a word. But it should be. "But that can turn combative rather quickly, so maybe not. We've promised a strong research environment with less focus on fighting evils directly after all."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Felandria's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Olympus

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Felandria's Office]

    Reinholdt walks in and motions to Dorota. "Felandria, this is Dorota. Dorota, Felandria. Dorota is considering whether or not to join HALO and wished to meet you. I've shown her around for the most part already," Reinholdt explains before somewhat stepping to the side and letting the two of them get acquainted.
    Felandria comes around the desk and greets Dorota.

    Well, hi there, Dorota.

    I’m so happy to meet you, please make yourself comfortable and ask any questions you like.

    Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Kymme, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Meltdowner's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Neo Africa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Living Quarters

    "I'll think about it. You find one that's posing a threat and is overlooked by good vantage points, inhabited by psychos or dead people or whatever else and I'll go." She's not confident in her melee ability, and whilst she's not the best shot, she is at least a good one. Best thing about undead is that they usually don't have much response to being shot at. She looks around at the rooms they've got to live in. "Ugh, decorating. Worst part of moving in to a house." She'll help, though. Her taste in decoration tends to sleek lines, bright colours and angles. She has a few photographs and artwork to display, if Mirai's willing to put them up; mostly of cars and engines, rather than people.
    Living Quarters

    "That can be arranged."

    When she expresses distaste at having to decorate, Mirai gasps. "You take that back!" He says in mock shock, then smiles. "I like decorating enough for the both of us. Good thing we prefer the same aesthetic. I'd say a cream or light peach wall with black lines and angles going through it. Circuitry-esque lines. Something like material design." Mirai'd let the pictures be put up, placing his own, including images of electronic circuits and weapons, and heads of some monstrous creatures he's killed. "We didn't bring any, but we can make our own house makeover kit. Something to paint the walls, for instance."

    "What colour of lighting? I say blue." He's asking her opinions because they're a team, as far as he's concerned.

    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Wayward Doctor

    Hi, Nigel. He says, walking in and glancing around. Apparently satisfied, he continues. This is the, like... charity science place right? Nigel is not entirely clear on what HALO is but he isn't going to let that stop him. I'm here to help out with this uh... disease? Thing? He holds up a copy of a newspaper with an article on the memetic disease. I figure you probably have people looking into it already but I thought I might uh... He trails off looking at Mirai for a second. Might help with it - you are.. doing something about it, right?
    Wayward Doctor -> Boss' Office

    "Ah, sorry I'm not involved in that in any way, shape or form. You'll wanna ask Reinholdt or Felandria, the bosses." Mirai replies, scanning the newspaper. "If you'll follow me..." He says, leading the way to the bosses' office.

    "Boss, someone's here about some virus."
    Avvie by yours truly.

    You only need a few good friends in life; and you absolutely stick by them no matter what.

    Mirai, Asher, Ezra, Shuyoru
    Karasu, Ruth, Rosalind, Svetlana

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    [Felandria's Office]

    "Well... Reinholdt has already told me that your new direction for HALO involves focusing on research and science," Dorota says, looking up at Felandria. "Lending my craft to a higher cause is tempting, but I don't know if I'd be able to live in here. Also, as it happens, some personal research of mine involves gods. So I'd be grateful if you could answer a question or two, though I realize it's a rather personal subject."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shadowcaller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Avatar by Gulaghar

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    [Labs]

    "So this research focus and these labs, they're new then? Certainly gives you a different role than VIGIL, that for sure. Also makes you far more useful in situations where you can't just punch something until it stops moving." She crosses her arms over her chest. "I personally feel that scope is a bit limited today, so its good to see HALO actually changing with the times." The journalist turns to look at Rein. "But where is your role in all this? Was any of it your idea, or is this all Felandria's calls?"

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Earl of Purple's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Garden of the Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Living Quarters

    Zither's going to try and put a limit on monster heads. They're needlessly morbid and quite gruesome. She'll let him put up all the ones he wants in one of the rooms, but makes it clear that's *his* room and she won't be going inside.

    "Red. You sleep better in red light, that's gonna be important." It's true, blue light makes the body think the sun's up and releases stay-awake hormones.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

    I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Reinholdt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In hiding. Always hiding.

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    [Felandria's Office]

    Rein can be skipped while they discuss Dorota's questions for Felandria.

    [Labs]

    "Hmm, no, not quite," Reinholdt tells Faith, tail swishing slowly as he explains. "While the focus is certainly new, we've actually these labs and the library for a long time. The Vulpans' affiliates made more use of them than anyone else, and set the high standards and quality that you see now. As a whole, they were still underutilized. Doubly so now that those affiliates are in absentee. Definitely different times back then required a different outlook. Nowadays we simply saw a strength that only needed a little attention and PR."

    "My role?" Reinholdt considers his next words carefully before replying to the reporter. "I'm merely a glorified assistant. I scout for people who might make a good fit here and make sure everyone has what they need. The real talent are the scientists and researchers and Felandria who makes the decisions."

    Of course he's glorified. They've seen the luxuriousness of his fur. So soft.

    [Offices]

    Reinholdt's office is the nearest couch. But that couch is lacking a cat! Nearby is a sign that explains.
    Quote Originally Posted by sign
    Gone to Inside to check plague rumors and collect samples.
    BRB.
    Why, that sign could be referring to anyone! It isn't signed! A sign that's not signed feels like a letdown to its father. There is, however, a sticker on the sign that might count.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2019-05-10 at 02:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    billtodamax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Boss's Office

    This couch is his office? Nigel asks Mirai incredulously. He scoops the piece of paper off the couch. Looks like this uh... guy is looking into it. He shows the paper to Mirai, before having a thought. This picture of a cat isn't like... a picture of your boss right? It's just like a funny thing they do, they're really a human, yeah? Surely they aren't dense enough to go into a region infected with a plague that specifically does not target humans if they aren't a human.
    Avatar by Me!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.


    Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Felandria's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Olympus

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Felandria's Office]

    "Well... Reinholdt has already told me that your new direction for HALO involves focusing on research and science," Dorota says, looking up at Felandria. "Lending my craft to a higher cause is tempting, but I don't know if I'd be able to live in here. Also, as it happens, some personal research of mine involves gods. So I'd be grateful if you could answer a question or two, though I realize it's a rather personal subject."
    Felandria sits on the corner of her desk.

    Well, I want to assure you that you would be quite comfy here.

    We have a fully stocked kitchen, pool, gym.

    And you will have your own quarters, where the beds are very soft, our nurse is quite floofy and she likes to make sure the beds are floofy as well.

    Now, as to your research, I would absolutely love to answer your questions, I’m very interested in the subject myself, I’ve done quite a bit of research on the Gods.

    Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Kymme, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    [Felandria's Office]

    "Well, I don't know if I could move in here. It's also my wife's decision," Dorota says. "As for deities, well... it started when I tried to figure out if my people's gods were ever real. I still don't know that. So I'm trying to find out what it is that makes someone a deity. Which means... how did you become one?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Meltdowner's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Neo Africa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Living Quarters

    Zither's going to try and put a limit on monster heads. They're needlessly morbid and quite gruesome. She'll let him put up all the ones he wants in one of the rooms, but makes it clear that's *his* room and she won't be going inside.

    "Red. You sleep better in red light, that's gonna be important." It's true, blue light makes the body think the sun's up and releases stay-awake hormones.
    Living Quarters

    Mirai'd try and convince his girlfriend that they're just heads, but after she refuses to budge, he acquiesces and nixes the heads. "So, white light for day, red filter for night. White, or perhaps teal walls, black lines and angles. Our bed in the center, there..." He readies himself, lifts the bed and speedily aligns it to the center of the room. "Small shared workbench for when we need to work away from the lab, dresser for clothing, furniture for emergency weapon storage, under-the-bed locker for funtime storage..." He winks at the end, grinning at Zither.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Offices]

    Reinholdt's office is the nearest couch. But that couch is lacking a cat! Nearby is a sign that explains.

    Gone to Inside to check plague rumors and collect samples.
    BRB.

    Why, that sign could be referring to anyone! It isn't signed! A sign that's not signed feels like a letdown to its father. There is, however, a sticker on the sign that might count.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Boss's Office

    This couch is his office? Nigel asks Mirai incredulously. He scoops the piece of paper off the couch. Looks like this uh... guy is looking into it. He shows the paper to Mirai, before having a thought. This picture of a cat isn't like... a picture of your boss right? It's just like a funny thing they do, they're really a human, yeah? Surely they aren't dense enough to go into a region infected with a plague that specifically does not target humans if they aren't a human.
    [Offices]

    Mirai smiles at the question and at the nature of the message, chuckling at the sticker. "Ah, that Reinholdt, what a fun guy! Yeah, he's actually a cat. A scientist cat who knows what he's doing. He's a boss for a reason, yeah?" He explains. "So, being a cat, yeah this is probably his office." He replies in his usual Cockney accent.
    Last edited by Meltdowner; 2019-05-31 at 06:55 AM.
    Avvie by yours truly.

    You only need a few good friends in life; and you absolutely stick by them no matter what.

    Mirai, Asher, Ezra, Shuyoru
    Karasu, Ruth, Rosalind, Svetlana

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    billtodamax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

    Offices

    Nigel moves his mouth slowly while trying to work out the sentence. The boss because he knows what he's doing... He mumbles to himself. I suppose you might do things differently here. Is the conclusion he eventually comes to. Does he know that it's at least a partly magical disease and that these suits probably won't... help? He asks, motioning to his own suit. Well he's the boss. Where are the labs?
    Avatar by Me!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.


    Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •