1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Girl Genius XXIV: Ask Vit a Bit More Terror

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    "And any plan where you're later for tea is...?"
    "A bad plan?
    "Indeed, dear boy!"

Sorry. Some stereotypes need to be fed, even if it's just undersea crumpets. Hmm... we'll need to balance the recipe to coordinate with saltwater...
    Naah. Just put less salt in the butter.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

The last panel suggests that Klaus only subjected Gil to mind control, because he could see no other way to keep him alive; likely Lucrezia ordered him to kill Gil if he couldn't control him. If the overlay is only supposed to protect Gil against her and other threats then he might have left Gil as free as possible while still fulfilling Lucrezias orders to the letter.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Not to mention the legitimate possibility that Gil very well might've been wasped in Paris. Granted, Klaus was wasped when he said this, but the fact remains that Gil was hanging out with Zola during his university days, and we all know what Zola's capable of now. If the Knights of Jove (or the House of Mongfish) had on them a spark wasp, it would've been crazy not to wasp Gil.
    Last edited by Hamsandlich; 2018-08-30 at 09:14 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Latest comic
    Show
    ...uhhh

did zeetha have fangs before

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Show
    ...uhhh

They've been in several comics before and are one of the reasons people wonder if Zeetha is now a Jager.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd say we just got another hint that she is, with the way Higgs agreed with her about "forever."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I went back and looked. I definitely missed that detail before. Yikes.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    For reference, here's another Higgs/Zeetha moment from five years ago (before the timeskip), where her pronounced canines can be seen in a few panels (including the following page).

In fact, she's had her pointy teeth since the beginning.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Show
    ...uhhh

Spoiler
    Show
    She's had them for quite a while. Really obvious example here: http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comi...5#.W4jO0uhKiUk

Even earlier, they're more subtle but clearly visible: http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comi...8#.W4jPsuhKiUk

And looking at her first appearance with "Zeetha has fangs" in mind: http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comi...9#.W4jQCehKiUk

I think she's straight up always had them. Maybe they've become more pronounced since the timeskip, or maybe it's just the art style. I don't think we can say that she has suddenly become a Jaeger though.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Firbolg in the Playground

It is also possible that, if the fan theory that Gil and Zeetha are twins holds up, it isn't the Baron who has more Jaeger tech than expected, but Skifander that has lots of Jaeger tech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

10. - Top - End - #40

SamuraiGuy

Well, crud. Looks like Violetta lost. That's a frightened face on Zeetha.
    Zeetha still hasn't figured out what Higgs does for the Jagers and Heterodynes. He doesn't need Tarvek to play tricks to have a uniform.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    It is also possible that, if the fan theory that Gil and Zeetha are twins holds up, it isn't the Baron who has more Jaeger tech than expected, but Skifander that has lots of Jaeger tech.
    It would be a HUGE surprise if the twins theory wasn't true by this point especially since we got the see "Chump"/Klaus run through the gate from Skif carrying Gil. As for Skif having Jaeger tech it may just be natural for them to have some Jaeger like qualities. Or maybe even some of the Jaeger tech was "borrowed" in some way from Skif.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I went back and looked. I definitely missed that detail before. Yikes.
    Gil can sport them as well. Most of the time they are not very noticeable, but when he lets loose they come out.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

13. - Top - End - #43

Anyone remember where Oggie picked up that green hat? It looks like the one from the Sharktooth sidebar.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    Well, crud. Looks like Violetta lost. That's a frightened face on Zeetha.
    Zeetha still hasn't figured out what Higgs does for the Jagers and Heterodynes. He doesn't need Tarvek to play tricks to have a uniform.
    Looks more angry than frightened to me. But we'll see

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Cardew View Post
    Looks more angry than frightened to me. But we'll see
    I thought she was angry with Oggie because she said she'd get naked for Higgs and Oggie said he'd see her, (ambiguously) implying see her naked.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    I thought she was angry with Oggie because she said she'd get naked for Higgs and Oggie said he'd see her, (ambiguously) implying see her naked.
    Nah, she'd be looking back at him if that were the case. Whatever she's looking at has her attention.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

I think Zeetha is mad at Oggie. After all, she appears to be entering the room he just left. So I suspect he did something irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    That would make sense. I'm beginning to suspect that she isn't entirely human. Even from the beginning of the comic she's had pointy teeth and natural green hair (I presume it's natural). Perhaps she's a jaeger-human hybrid?
    Last edited by xroads; 2018-08-31 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Added some more content

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by xroads View Post
    That would make sense. I'm beginning to suspect that she isn't entirely human. Even from the beginning of the comic she's had pointy teeth and natural green hair (I presume it's natural). Perhaps she's a jaeger-human hybrid?
    Gil also has abnormally fast healing and physical strength. Then again their father is a construct and apparently that affects offspring.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Anyone remember where Oggie picked up that green hat? It looks like the one from the Sharktooth sidebar.
    Nope - Oggie got this one on his own. Ivo's hat is different.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

20. - Top - End - #50

SamuraiGuy

The Geisterdamen recognize a Skifanderian, which may simply be a result of the Queen's Mirrors - or maybe its the result of there being some connection there, too. They have no fangs.

Klaus has no fangs. We haven't seen the Queen enough to know if she has fangs, but the assumption would be that the twins get them from her.

I wonder if all the Skifanderians are descended from people who drank something similar to the Jagerdraught, and survived.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Nah, she'd be looking back at him if that were the case. Whatever she's looking at has her attention.
    I can think three things would get her angry: a beaten Violetta, a beaten whats-her-name Ariadne, or the wreck caused by the battle of the two prior individuals.

That said, since Violetta hasn't gone back to Agatha to report, my guess at current would be that it will be Violetta.

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2018-08-31 at 02:11 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

22. - Top - End - #52

There's a fourth--a cool fight nobody invited her to.

23. - Top - End - #53

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    I can think three things would get her angry: a beaten Violetta, a beaten whats-her-name Ariadne, or the wreck caused by the battle of the two prior individuals.

That said, since Violetta hasn't gone back to Agatha to report, my guess at current would be that it will be Violetta.

Grey Wolf
    How about all three? Room's wrecked and both are beaten up on the floor.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsandlich View Post
    Not to mention the legitimate possibility that Gil very well might've been wasped in Paris. Granted, Klaus was wasped when he said this, but the fact remains that Gil was hanging out with Zola during his university days, and we all know what Zola's capable of now. If the Knights of Jove (or the House of Mongfish) had on them a spark wasp, it would've been crazy not to wasp Gil.
    Pinkie didn't know Gil was Klaus's son, unless that part of the kestle was an act as well.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

25. - Top - End - #55

PirateCaptain

Tarvek didn't know, and he's generally the last word in sneaky. Combine that with the fact that his and Zola's information networks probably overlap heavily (them both being part of the Sturmvoraus/Mongfish Family Conspiracy Web (TM) and all) and it seems rather unlikely that she was aware.

Also, back then Lucrezia hadn't been summoned and Agatha was unheard of, so it would be a little weird for the Order to focus on the creation of more revenants, with nobody around capable of controlling them. And was Zola even working with a Lucrezia-loyalist faction?

Furthermore, the wasp that infects sparks was still in the prototype phase when it was used on the Baron. Tarvek claims that it's the only one in existence, so it would be a little strange if another one had been avaliable months or even years earlier (I really need to work on that timeline) to wasp Gil.

So in conclusion, Zola would only have wasped Gil if she'd known Lucrezia would return within his lifetime, had been a Lucrezia supporter in general, had known that he was really the Baron's son and had had access to an as yet non-existent strain of slaver wasp. It seems unlikely.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    So in conclusion, Zola would only have wasped Gil if she'd known Lucrezia would return within his lifetime, had been a Lucrezia supporter in general, had known that he was really the Baron's son and had had access to an as yet non-existent strain of slaver wasp. It seems unlikely.
    Ah, but with time travel, everything is possible! Agatha is Klaus's mother! Tarvek shacks up with Gil's great-great-great-granddaughter and their child is Othar! Zeetha secretly has blue hair and dyes it to look normal! The possibilities are endless!
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post

Grey Wolf
    I would suspect the wreck. Amidst the ruin of their room, if Violetta was down Zeetha would be concerned; if Lady Steelgarter were down she'd be puzzled. But just a room torn up would make her angry.

Although for Violetta not to be trying to get answers out of a captive Steelgarter would suggest Vi lost...

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    Although for Violetta not to be trying to get answers out of a captive Steelgarter would suggest Vi lost...
    I suppose "allowed her target to escape and is giving chase" counts as a loss for Violetta.
    Last edited by Rockphed; 2018-09-01 at 07:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Gil also has abnormally fast healing and physical strength. Then again their father is a construct and apparently that affects offspring.
    Only semi-canon, but in the GG print novels, it's revealed that while Gil was still a child, Klaus made extensive physical improvements to him, mostly without Gil's knowledge; he learns about this from Mamma Gkikka in Mechanicsburg; it was one of the reasons she risked giving him the battle-draught to get him patched up.

Also from the novels, when Agatha first meets Zeetha, it's specifically noted that yes, she has abnormally long canine teeth.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

Poking through the archives, I came upon this little aside:

...you Jagers remind me a LOT of my people back home.

Maybe the Draught comes in different brands or something, like Stoke and Pepppsy. Maybe the Dyne isn't just one place.