New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XXIV: Ask Vit a Bit More Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    Well, one part of your theory turns out to be more likely now.

Now, is Tobber the murderer and destroying his own research? Maybe at behest of angels?
    My theory was that Tobber will eventually go back in time and get murdered in the past, possibly by his past self. Since the evidence is made of beef, I am fairly certain that my theory is completely out of the running.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    My theory was that Tobber will eventually go back in time and get murdered in the past, possibly by his past self. Since the evidence is made of beef, I am fairly certain that my theory is completely out of the running.
    Clearly Tobber was turned into a cow when travelled back into time. An unfortunate side effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

Clearly Tobber was turned into a cow when travelled back into time. An unfortunate side effect.
    No, no, Tobber was ALWAYS a cow! He just had a human appearance! That explains SO MUCH!!!

Well, actually, it doesn't explain anything...

4. - Top - End - #754
    Troll in the Playground

Is there no end to these Sparks depravity? Not only do they design a meat-grinder big enough for humans, but then they include arcane alchemical properties to turn all meat fed into it into beef! Is nothing sacred to them?
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

5. - Top - End - #755
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Yeah, Tobber is still alive, but him killing people runs utterly contrary to his paying off old debts, giving away very useful equipment and dropping a book of his notes in Agatha's lap.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

6. - Top - End - #756
    Barbarian in the Playground

You'd think Dimo would be able to smell the difference between people meat and cow. Maybe he wasn't paying much attention to the random container of mystery meat.
    If you're a Brandon Sanderson fan (or you want to start being one), check out The Sanderlanche podcast!

7. - Top - End - #757
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by datalaughing View Post
    You'd think Dimo would be able to smell the difference between people meat and cow. Maybe he wasn't paying much attention to the random container of mystery meat.
    Nah, they can smell heterodynes (and sometimes soap) but im not surprised they cant smell the difference between cow and long pig. A cat certainly could though.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #758

AssassinGuy

wasn‘t Madwa also sent to otopsy?
    * my emphasis

http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

9. - Top - End - #759

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Agi Hammerthief View Post
    wasn‘t Madwa also sent to otopsy?
    Probably, but I can't think of a good reason why she'd be sent here for that? It made sense to autopsy Tobber here because he died nearby.

10. - Top - End - #760

BlueWizardGirl

So, there are at least two people involved. One is killing people, and the other is distributing research material. The Boilerghast may be one of these people or may be a third person.

The evidence against Tobber being the killer is that the door guard recognized the person who killed him and didn't freak out at a dead person come to life. On the other hand, anyone working at a lab full of sparks has probably seen weirder than that.

On the other hand, the evidence against Tobber being the book-distributer is that he never shared out his stuff before and doesn't have an obvious reason to do it now--unless it's part of some plan to get the killer, who seems to want Tobber dead.

I'm guessing fish monster is the distributer. FM would likely know the collection and know who had wanted what. FM (unlike Tobber) has no reason to hang onto the collection (not a spark or researcher so far as we know) but has reasons to hand it out (helping potential employers and stopping the killer).

Not sure on the killer, although we may have a not-Violetta smoke knight or other killer out there who did in everyone on the sub.

11. - Top - End - #761

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I think that's probably what today's strip is about--you would expect Krosp to know the difference between beef and something else, aka human meat. It would also explain why the two examiners had to be killed, because they would also have discovered the ruse quite quickly.
    Exactly.

Recall Krosp's comment on disguises, "This is dumb, you still smell the same."

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm.. the first murder is likely old Tobbler himself trying to hide from whoever is chasing him.
    The second could be whomever is after Tobbler. Wanting to eliminate his research.
    Or it could be Tobbler again trying to hide the nature of the trap he hid among the equations.
    The last is very likely Toobler. To hide his meat deception.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

13. - Top - End - #763

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Hmm.. the first murder is likely old Tobbler himself trying to hide from whoever is chasing him.
    The second could be whomever is after Tobbler. Wanting to eliminate his research.
    Or it could be Tobbler again trying to hide the nature of the trap he hid among the equations.
    The last is very likely Toobler. To hide his meat deception.
    Maybe everyone but Agatha, Agatha's people, and Wooster are murderers. One happens and, next thing you know, everybody's doing it.

Killer #2 did it, sure that the murder would be blamed on Tobbler's murderer.

Killer #3 did it to keep someone from killing them and blaming it on Killer #1.

Killer #4 did it because a smoke knight, investigating Killer #1, caught her in an unrelated crime.

Killer #5 did it because he or she had to get rid of evidence in Tobblier's lab tying them to Killer #4 and someone was guarding the door because of all the murders.

Killer #6, already paranoid about the fish, killed one of the two doctors when he found out they didn't think there'd been a murder, proving they were working with the fish and covering up the crime.

Killer #7 got into a fight with the other of the two doctors, committed murder, and promptly got killed by Killer #6.

It's like dominoes but with more bodies.
    Last edited by Ellen; 2018-11-12 at 04:37 PM.

14. - Top - End - #764

There's a British mystery author where that's pretty much how the detective solves a murder: just wait until the cumulative killing removes almost every suspect.

15. - Top - End - #765

RedWizardGuy

So if the coroners were killed while investigating the body, does that mean this plot's become a murder investigation murder investigation?
    My Homebrew
    Healer: Pathfinder remake of the 3.5 class of the same name. Light, restoration, and more positive energy effects than you can shake a cleric at.

16. - Top - End - #766

No, although we are starting to veer into a farce.

17. - Top - End - #767

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Maybe everyone but Agatha, Agatha's people, and Wooster are murderers. One happens and, next thing you know, everybody's doing it.

Killer #2 did it, sure that the murder would be blamed on Tobbler's murderer.

Killer #3 did it to keep someone from killing them and blaming it on Killer #1.

Killer #4 did it because a smoke knight, investigating Killer #1, caught her in an unrelated crime.

Killer #5 did it because he or she had to get rid of evidence in Tobblier's lab tying them to Killer #4 and someone was guarding the door because of all the murders.

Killer #6, already paranoid about the fish, killed one of the two doctors when he found out they didn't think there'd been a murder, proving they were working with the fish and covering up the crime.

Killer #7 got into a fight with the other of the two doctors, committed murder, and promptly got killed by Killer #6.

Sounds like a regular episode of Midsomer Murders.
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

18. - Top - End - #768

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    No, although we are starting to veer into a farce.
    "Starting to"? You don't know the Foglios very well, do you?
    "Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
    Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I think that's probably what today's strip is about--you would expect Krosp to know the difference between beef and something else, aka human meat. It would also explain why the two examiners had to be killed, because they would also have discovered the ruse quite quickly.
    "Look Food Lady; I've bitten enough petting hands to know what human tastes like & this ain't it!"

I had requested an armchair detective story & now we've got a good one!

*lights pipe*

Now, I believe we can assume whoever killed Smokes was not a spark since a knife in the front is just...un-sparky. That should narrow it down significantly in this dome.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

20. - Top - End - #770

BlueWizardGirl

So, a Jager normally would have smelled the difference! Good to know.

And, once again, the problem with talking cats is that they hear everything. Like Krosp pointed out at the beginning, they make great spies (so long as they can remember to pay attention).

21. - Top - End - #771

Beholder

Once again Krosp proves why you should talk to him first.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
    "Look Food Lady; I've bitten enough petting hands to know what human tastes like & this ain't it!"

I had requested an armchair detective story & now we've got a good one!

*lights pipe*

Now, I believe we can assume whoever killed Smokes was not a spark since a knife in the front is just...un-sparky. That should narrow it down significantly in this dome.
    Well, they could have used a Stab-Knife-In-Front-omatic. which would have been very sparky.

22. - Top - End - #772

Once again Krosp proves why you should talk to him first.

Well, they could have used a Stab-Knife-In-Front-omatic. which would have been very sparky.
    Its actually a back stabbing device that teleports the knife to the other side of a persons body. Naturally that means he gets stabbed in the front. BUT HE ISNT EXPECTING IT! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

23. - Top - End - #773

And once again Krosp is shown to be a master of the casual infodump.

24. - Top - End - #774

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
    You're probably right, but I should point out that Martellus has killed dozens of people with knives, and with the exception of the one he used on Tarvek, none of them seem to do anything more technologically advanced than amplify pressure via a manipulation of the surface area of the force-applying body.

25. - Top - End - #775

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    'Scuse me?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE5RdFFgW0w

Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

26. - Top - End - #776

Beholder

That is one hell of a resume.

As it turns out, Martellus is an amateur who tried to copy the design for his Sparkhounds.

27. - Top - End - #777

That is one hell of a resume.

As it turns out, Martellus is an amateur who tried to copy the design for his Sparkhounds.
    It was specifically noted at one point that Martellus was Vapnoople's apprentice.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    It was specifically noted at one point that Martellus was Vapnoople's apprentice.
    Have we seen evidence that the Sparkhounds aren't Vapnoople's work? I don't remember either way, obviously.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

29. - Top - End - #779

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that his "houndmen" aren't collosal.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Martellus' innovation is that his hound men can change back to loyal servitors. Occasionally useful. He seems inordinately proud of them, but then, Martellus has a high opinion of his accomplishments at all times - such as taking credit for defeating Andronicus when it was a team effort and the single most lethal blow was delivered by Agatha. Not a modest fellow, our Tweedle.

Since Homnomium faked his own death, the killer is not him. That's too easy - Agatha Christie's Ten Little Indians did that a century ago - and I surmise he faked his death because the real killer was getting too close to him. I will bet that Homnomium is the Boilergast, though; that sounds like Spark behavior.

So, not the killer, but not a nice fellow either.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)