New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Kingdoms of Blood and Stone: Visions of Days to Come

Spoiler: Spoiler for Morg
    Show
    The walk to the river is a short one, especially that you make a good pace. After reaching your destination all you find is a scale of some lizard type creature, without having any footprints to look at, and only getting a glimpse of the creature during the night, you are unable to determine what kind of creature this was

Everyone else - please decide who will be moving the stone in OOC thread (or in character if you wish to roleplay this) and read the spoiler for the stone movers as needed

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Morg
    Show

Morg gives the scale a thoughtful look, then pouches it. Maybe Frokliard can make use of this.

He takes the opportunity to refill his waterskin at the river, after that he starts back for the camp.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Morg will rejoin action at the camp once you let me know that he has arrived there.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Nak, quit fiddling with the bedrolls and get to moving these rocks...

Yes I know you're not a dwarf...

Yes your fingers are more suited to needlepoint than stone work...

Just do what needs to be done, rise to the occasion you feeble fool, perhaps you'll grow a spine yet.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Nak complies with Kaa's request muttering under his nose "So, weekest goblin has ta do heaviest lifting, I hope big rock smash Nak, so other have to take of Princess damselthes"
    Last edited by Xantin Rahl; 2018-11-07 at 05:36 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

The stone is moved quite easily – for something this big. With that, the trapdoor can be easily opened.
    Up to 2 people can look down the hatch, at the same time, but you can take turns to do so
    Once you open it, you can gaze through into a room below. There are no sources of light in the room, so the most illuminated part is a wooden ladder leading down onto the stone bedrock. The ladder itself is well maintained and leads down around 15 feet (thus climbing down would take a full round)
    The floor under the ladder is irregular in shape and sharp, jumping down would be possible but hazardous
    OOC: (If you wish to jump down – you will need an acrobatics dc 15 check – if succeeded you take 1 point of dmg (due to the hazardous surface) otherwise d6+1 fall dmg and are prone. 1 person can climb down the ladder and 1 jump down at the same time – jumping down only costs a move action)
    The room below is square like, the walls are natural, but you can clearly see that they had some work done on them to make the room more regular, the ladder leads close to one of the corners of the room. There is a torch holder placed on the left wall, but currently, it has no torch.
    1 skeleton is lying not far from the ladder, you would say it belonged to a creature that was a similar size to you, it is wearing a leather armour that seems destroyed, a shortsword made of obsidian is lying next to the skeleton's hand still partially in its grip. There is absolutely no meat on the bones. Next is another body but this one still has some meat on the bones, it has simple clothes also mostly destroyed. You see something that looks like a patch of bloodied hair, the red dried colour clearly stands out in the dim light falling in through the hatch, but from this distance, you are unable to see any more details.
    Spoiler: Medicine dc 15
    Show
    Even from this far you can clearly see that the bones were cleaned off by teeth as if this was natural decay the equipment the skeletons are wearing would be more corroded

The room is completely quiet. A faint smell of blood is present, as well as a stench of rotting meat.
    Spoiler: Perception dc 15
    Show
    You can pick up scratching noises as if something is moving on the bedrock. The sound comes from the right corner of the room which is not seen. You can hear heavy breathing from the same place, you can also see a slight movement from under the robe of the second skeleton. Chewing and rattle of bones against bones can be heard from there”
    Spoiler: Nature dc 10
    Show
    You can also pick up the smell of animal excrement’s most likely rodent

You can look through the hatch for as long as you like, please decide how you stand by the hatch, at the time that someone decides to climb/jump down and inform me who will be going down first
    Last edited by Xantin Rahl; 2018-11-07 at 05:42 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    Medicine (d20+5)[21]

Perception (d20+5)[10]

Frokliard peers into the hole after moving the stone and opening the hatch. After a few moments he speaks with a haunted voice.

"Two's dead down 'ere. And sometings been eatin' dem flesh off dee bones."

The spriggan's voice quavers at the sight of the skeletons down in the hole, memories of the ettin attack striking out in his mind as he thinks about the fate of his fallen tribe. He backs away from the hatch, fanning the stench away from him with his hand.
    Last edited by ClockworkMoon; 2018-11-08 at 04:23 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Princess Kaa steps forward and gazes into the hole, noticing little but the obsidian blade. She calls for Morg to come take a look.

Morg, Morg the Bold, that black blade is of interest to me, please go down and recover it so I can investigate it further.

Kaa [awkwardly] locks eyes with him in a suggestive way that implies she would be personally grateful for the task to be done [batting her eyes a little too much].
    Last edited by tieren; 2018-11-08 at 09:45 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Grazz steps to the hole and looks inside, and studies what he sees with great focus

"I see something moving below that robe, I also hear some scratching from the corner, also I think I smell rodents. We better plan this out well"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

Skarrar looks into the pit, one bushy eyebrow raised exposing a bloodshot, red eye set into his scarred purple flesh. "Well, that's odd," he mutters to himself as he reaches into a faded leather pouch at his hip and takes out a small bit of jerky from the rations he carries with him and tosses it into the crevasse to see if anything happens.

He turns to the group. "Th' metal on the armor, y'see, isn't as rusty as tae should be, un' the skellies look like they's was ripped clean boi teef. We'll see iv da ting that ate the skelly-meat 's still down der, and wut it iz, if it takes da bait."
    Last edited by SunderedWorldDM; 2018-11-08 at 10:50 AM.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

Hey, I have an extended signature now!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

By the time Skarar looks back to the hole the piece of meat is gone - something must have grabbed it while he looked away to the group

However - the movement in the robe is clearly in a different place, and is easily noticeable by anyone who will look down the hatch

11. - Top - End - #71

Skarrar looks in surprise. "It's a fast little bugger, innit? Welp, someone's gotta take care o' it. What could one measly rat do?" Skarrar begins to descend into the hole.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just as Morg climbs up the weathered stone steps to the ruined tower, he notices the grinding sound of stone on stone from behind the wall remains encircling the party's campground, accompanied by a burst of triumphant cheering. Apparently, the others had managed to lay open that trapdoor. Great.

Upon entering the camp, he finds his companions gathered around a hole in the ground, peeking down into the darkness and discussing what they see.

Something's lurking down there. No hard guess, that. Mechanically, his hand fumbles for his handaxe, as he stops and watches, curious if any of his comrades will actually be fool enough to descend into what obviously had turned out to be an early grave before.

This is when Kaa's voice pulls him out of his thoughts. He hears her words clearly, it's just that they don't seem to make any sense. Meeting her gaze, he's alienated even more by the tense look on her face which he fails to construe. Did she just receive another vision? He stares at her in confusion, unable to cope for a moment.

„Let me... take a look,“ he finally mutters, breaking the eye-contact and approaching the trapdoor. He joins Grazz by the hatch, his axe ready in hand, and warily observes Skarrar descending into the hole.

Squinting into the faintly lightened pit and listening intently for suspicious sounds, he hurriedly grabs Skarrar by the shoulder, trying to hold him back. "Wait!" he whispers, "Listen. The breathing. For certain, there's not only rats down there!" He hushes to give the others a chance to listen into the darkness.

Where's Twitch?, he thinks suddenly, looking around. We should probably hear our danger expert first...
    Last edited by Rogue227; 2018-11-09 at 02:41 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73

Skarrar halts his descent and carefully checks for danger below, beady eyes scanning the gruesome scene.

Spoiler: Rolls and OOC
    Show
    Percep:(1d20+3)[12]
    Nature:(1d20+2)[22]
    Okay, so I didn't succeed on my Percep, but I crit on Nature. What does that mean?
    Last edited by SunderedWorldDM; 2018-11-09 at 10:17 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Nubsy stands at attention, staring into the treeline with wild, yet determined eyes, his gaze only occasionally flicking her eyes back towards the group... and the far more 'in control' Kaa.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

Sighing, Grazz gazes don into the darkness below, "Not enough information," he grumbles to himself.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

As in reply to Grazzes words, the heavy breathing below stops and is replaced by a moan of pain, and something that strangely resembles a cry for help, this is followed by a few squeaks

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Frowning, Morg nods in approvement of Grazz's words. I don't like it.

His face even darkens at the new sounds coming from the pit. I don't like it at all.

Staring down into the hole, his gaze is caught by the obsidian blade which hadn't been of any help to the dead fellow below. The blade 'her highness' would like him to recover. He ground his teeth in displeasure. Another matter that hadn't evolved as desired. Not at all.

Hardening the grip on his handaxe, he spits on the ground and then turns to Skarrar:

"If you really want to go down there, I'll be right behind you."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

"G-going t'gether is a better plan, anyways... 'd like a bit more of an... enclosed living space..." Nubsy mumbled, preparing to back up Morg and Grazz on their way down...

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

Grazz's frown deepens and he motions for everyone to step back from the hole, "Something is very wrong here," gripping ax in both hands he looks at the blade and sneers. It wasn't the best weapon for fighting in confined spaces. Long had he wished for a sword to replace it, but such things are difficult to find in the Vale. Lamenting the lack of a proper warriors weapon, the greenskin goblin warrior steps to the very edge of the hole and calls, "Name yerself! Friend or foe?" He would not descend into this pit without knowing what lay below, nor would he allow his clan mates to endanger themselves. He was the lone surviving clan warrior, and he would be the shield upon which their enemies broke.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

Scared by the loud sound Giant Rat runes out from under the robe only to return there later, a few more squeaks can be heard from the corner of the room, other than that, the breathing just continues it seems as f someone is lying there in pain unconscious

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Oh what proud specimens of the goblinoid races are you. We must rally the underdwelelrs and overdwellers of the entire vale to follow us in opposition to the invading hordes and we stand quivering in our boots at the presence of a rodent.

Nak bring me the damn heart.

Kaa pushes the pansified men aside, tosses the lion heart in to the pit as far from the ladder as she can and quickly descends to the bottom (dashing if necessary).

If you won't follow me against vermin, how will you ever follow me in battle.

If she has any movement available she will step slightly aside to allow another to descend without stepping on her.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

Grazz tries to grab the Trow woman as she passes him and snarls in frustration as she drops into the pit, "Corgarim's arse!" he curses and, if he can manage it without being injured, he leaps down to the bottom of the hole. If it's too far, he'll climb down as quickly as possible.

If he has enough movement the greenskin in puts himself between where the rat, and the noise is and where Kaa stands, "Foolish, reckless, stupid," he growls at her in anger, readying his ax
    Last edited by Blink; 2018-11-12 at 11:24 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83

Skarrar, seeing his compatriots below him, drops down the ladder to join them, tattered leather boots slamming against the floor. He draws his blade, eyes scanning the darkness, silently assuming combat position next to the other goblins down in the pit.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Once Kaa descends down to the hole she sees that the rat that was previously under the robe dashed towards the hart that was thrown. (left corner). she sees 4 more in the corner, but also here's a few squicks down the corridor (1 near and 2 further away). Also, a wounded goblinoid lies into the corner. 1 of the rats in the corner looks wounded, and another smells strange and has greenish fur

She has no time to look around more as the rats are a clear threat

OOC: only one person can descend down the ladder at a time but 1 additional can jump at the same time, so Grazz can jump down if he wishes (and also join in round 1) (acrobatics check dc 15)

Otherwise, Kaa has 1st round free the rats will start acting in round 2

I need initiative from everyone the rats will use 1

Spoiler: initiative for rats
    Show
    Last edited by Xantin Rahl; 2018-11-12 at 12:55 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Still above the ground, Morg stands next to the trapdoor. Stunned, speechless, solitary.

It might as well start raining now.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

It will take Morg at least a round to deal with the recent events...
    Last edited by Rogue227; 2018-11-12 at 01:02 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

On seeing the wounded goblinoid, who clearly got the worst end of his meeting with these vermin, Kaa scowls and hopes it isn't another refugee from her pathetic band. She was really going to need some followers who know how to handle themselves.

She backs away from the ladder into the darkness so her vision can adjust, then utters a Hex upon the obviously wounded rat before raising her arm and channeling a force blast of eldritch energy at it.

Spoiler: Eldritch blast rolls
    Show

To hit (1d20+5)[11]
    dmg (1d20)[15]
    hex (1d6)[4] (hexing the rat's dex stat)

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Spoiler: Oops
    Show

sorry messed up the dmg roll:
    [roll0]

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

[I don't even know what I did wrong that time]

(1d10)[9]

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Kaa points her finger at the clearly wounded rat, and chants. A ray of pure energy hits the rats body, which littery explodes in a splatter of blood, fur and bones as it hits against the wall leaving a bloody mark on it

(if Grazz jumped down he might get a chance to act before to act before this). will update the post once we get declarations
    Last edited by Xantin Rahl; 2018-11-13 at 03:05 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

Just after the rats start running towards Kaa, Graz finally gets to the bottom of the ladder and moves to block their path towards his fearless leader