New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Black Crusade IC

Kharneth gently lays down the Ratling. He then turns to Kristof. "Can you fix er up? I don't think she's supposed to be losing that much blood"
    Last edited by Xenopax; 2018-09-23 at 10:52 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Kristof grinned at the question and said cheerfully ”I can certainly try!” He checked his pockets as he thought for a moment, debating on further blood baths but opted to instead focus on his training, and finally settled his eyes once more on Kharneth. He held out a hand and said, somewhat impatiently, ”You got a medkit I can use lest I call forth another warp storm? Who knows, maybe next time I’ll get some friends to inhabit these people!”. With Medkit in hand he turned to the midget and began the process of patching up the worst of the holes, unfortunately not quite used to someone so short as he only succeeds in getting the ratling’s blood on his body. Only half jokingly he muttered ”Knew I should’ve torn open another hole in between dimensions” and did his best to clean up the mess he made with the Medi-Kit.

Spoiler: Check
    Show
    So first an Infamy test to try and get that Medi-kit: (1d100)[87] vs 66 (26 Base + 30 Common + 10 Single)
    Next the Medicae test: (1d100)[79] vs 62 (42 Base + 20 Medi-Kit)
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2018-09-24 at 12:12 AM.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    As alert sirens begin to blare the heretics dash out of the fighting pit, heading easily away from the crowds - mainly as most are keen to avoid Kristof who was viewed as the source of the trouble.

A run down into the bowels of the between decks soon finds you crouched between water tanks in a damp access corridor where rust and puddles cover most surfaces. Noise fades behind you as you catch a breather and can plan your next move.
    "That could have gone better, my brothers... What shall be our next move?"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

"Unknown. I still think we should look for allies/sacrifices"
    He takes off his bag and puts it like a pillow under her head. He then tears some cloth to soak up the blood and stop making such a mess.
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

5. - Top - End - #35
    Colossus in the Playground

Okay...lesson learned: If you can use the powers of the Warp in situations where doing so may not be entirely necessary, DON'T!! He exclaimed, clearly not pleased. As far as he was concerned, that was their best lead that they won't be able to work on for a week, at the minimum, assuming that arena would even be able to recongregate. Then he thinks for a moment.

...or, we can bring the bloodthirsty, the disenfranchised and desolate to us. Form our own arena.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

As the heretics discuss the next steps and the young woman shudders, vomiting and beginning to go into shock as despite the medical intervention there is little that can be done for her. Blood pools around her as the young rating (not ratling) starts convulsing, clearly circling the edge of death.

Even as you crouch beside the water reclamation tanks you can see a couple beams of light piercing the gloom beyond you and around several tanks and hear the low voices of what sounds like a couple of security crew. "Sure saw someone go this way...." "hate the Emperor curse waste bay." "Makes me uneasy eh". Although they haven't reached you yet its impossible to say if they will find you or not as the two ship's armsmen sweep through the narrow gaps between the tanks and splash through the puddles of rust coloured septic water.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

7. - Top - End - #37

Beholder

Thaddeus looks speculatively at the others, shifting his las-pistol to his left hand, which he quickly hides behind his back.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Kharneth takes out his chainsword and motions to keep working on the Ratling. He then asks whether fight or hide. He communicates through crude hand signs but the basic meaning is understood.
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    Games that I am in

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

With a frown, Kristof takes a deep breath in and attempts once more. This time, though, he taps into the warp to aid him just a little bit more than his abilities would allow. While it technically doesn’t help him he still acts like it does, applying the bandages in the correct positions and at least stabilizing the rating. His face bursts into the normal grin and he sends to the group ”Well that time it worked! Good thing too, I was going to tear into her and treat it as if some wild beast had gotten out and was going to murder the guards next. Now someone can tell her all about how we saved her and how she should join our merry band when she starts actually recovering!”

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    So using Glimpse again (because I don’t learn my lessons).
    Challenging Psyscience Test, +10 Psy-Focus, +15 Psy Rating = TN 59
    (1d100)[60] vs 59
    If the test is doubles: (1d100+10)[58]
    If I’m extra unlucky: (1d100)[68]

Medicae Test: +20 for using a Medi-Kit, +15 if Glimpse passes = TN 62-79
    (1d100)[53] vs 62 or 79.

In addition I’ll be doing Thought Sending to the group: (1d100)[21] vs 100
    If the test is doubles: (1d100+10)[47]
    If I’m extra unlucky: (1d100)[77]
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2018-09-29 at 02:45 AM.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Kristof seeks some guidance of the warp to stabilise the poor girl and soon enough her most serious wounds are bound and she stops gasping her life although she does remain unconscious from the loss blood. The two armsmen continue to comb the water stacks, although neither sound keen on their duties they have to be commended to their duty as they search around each tank.

Approaching the one where you are all sheltering both men pause, a sound from something, or, as you glance around, the trail of blood left by the wounded rating that shines wetly and bright red in the torch light. The lead armsmen pauses a shouted "Who goes there? Show yourself..." The distinctive clatter of the firing pin of the autoguns that they carry.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Go for combat or start moving ni active stealth or they'll be upon you

11. - Top - End - #41

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Kristof seeks some guidance of the warp to stabilise the poor girl and soon enough her most serious wounds are bound and she stops gasping her life although she does remain unconscious from the loss blood. The two armsmen continue to comb the water stacks, although neither sound keen on their duties they have to be commended to their duty as they search around each tank.

Approaching the one where you are all sheltering both men pause, a sound from something, or, as you glance around, the trail of blood left by the wounded rating that shines wetly and bright red in the torch light. The lead armsmen pauses a shouted "Who goes there? Show yourself..." The distinctive clatter of the firing pin of the autoguns that they carry.

Show

Go for combat or start moving ni active stealth or they'll be upon you

Tivington steps from behind the tank, las-pistol behind his back in his left hand.

"Thank the Emperor you've come!! They assaulted the yeoman and ran off that way! If you hurry, you should be able to catch them!!"

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Kharneth keeps his mouth shut and plays along. The Urge to rip off their heads was extremely strong but he manages to resist.
    Games that I am in

13. - Top - End - #43

Naris steps out, looking relieved. Emperor be praised, your timing is impeccable, gentleman! Are any of you trained medics? This woman is in mortal danger! You must save her! He exclaimed, trying to put particular emphasis out on the necessity of their presence.

Charm
    (1d100)[17] vs 69

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Kristof for his part let out a sigh of relief after he stabilized the girl and was in the process of handing back the medikit to Kharneth when the armsmen stumble upon them. He paused and blinked a couple times before he added in as somber a tone as he could manage ”I’ve done all that I can but she’s barely holding on. Please, one of you help us take her to a hospital while the other chases after the vile beast that did this to her!”
    New job, who dis?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

The pair of armsmen look at Naris with confusion before they step forward and see the fallen rating both drop to her side, one of them spotting the chainsword clutched by Karneth. He pauses, "Why do you have that, you aren't eligible toe bear arms..! The situation hits him, the strange collection of misfits in the water sewage tanks, none from the same unit, all with odd weapons. He reaches back for his autogun, clearly meaning business.....

Show

As you all look so strange and armed with weapons that are essentially illegal for the crew they reckon despite the smooth talking that confused them that you are bad guys

Initiaitve (1d10+3)[8]

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Kharneth's chainsword effortlessly slides into his hand and he rushes at the Guard on the left side.
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Charging and then Swift Attacking. Adroit gives me +1 dos with WS. All have Pen 2 (1d100)[28]v75
    Spoiler: Hits
    Show
    Hit 1: (1d10+7)[13]
    Tearing: (1d10)[7]
    Righteous Fury: (1d10)[1]
    Hit 2: (1d10+7)[12]
    Tearing: (1d10)[3]
    Righteous Fury: (1d10)[10]
    Hit 3: (1d10+7)[15]
    Righteous Fury: (1d10)[4]
    Hit 4: (1d10+7)[9]
    Tearing: (1d10)[9]
    Righteous Fury: (1d10)[5]
    Hit 5: (1d10+7)[10]
    Righteous Fury: (1d10)[9]
    Last edited by Xenopax; 2018-10-08 at 08:19 AM.
    Games that I am in

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Kristof could only sigh before he grinned at the pair of men. He motioned to one of their autoguns and said ”Bad boys shouldn’t get such nice presents. Who’d you take that from?” He then attempted to toss it behind the group so that he could pick it up later. Once that was attempted he then moved away from the group and preferably behind some cover.
    Show
    So Init: (1d10+4)[9] (Agility 2, Human 2, yes?)

Half Action will be to Mind over Matter the Autogun. Rapid Push option, I believe?
    (1d100)[98] vs 85 (50 WP + 10 Test + 15 PR3 + 10 Psy-Focus)
    If doubles: (1d100+10)[89] and (1d100)[35]

Half Action to then move behind one of the vats.
    New job, who dis?

18. - Top - End - #48

Meanwhile Naris springs into action, sword held high. Now look what you made me do...! He hisses.

Spoiler
    Show

Init: (1d10+6)[9]

WS Check:
    (1d100)[83] vs 55

Damage:
    (1d10+4)[12] Pen 0
    If damaged, target must roll vs Toxic (0)

19. - Top - End - #49

Beholder

Thaddeus dives for cover, getting ready to line up a shot.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

High pitched screams rapidly turn to a wet gurgle and splatter as Kharneth drives the chainsword into the armsman repeatedly, blood spraying over the area as he is messily sawed into chunks

As Thaddeus dives for cover Naris draws his sword but a fleeting block from the autogun stops the blow. Kristof tries to draw upon the powers of the warp but they leave him abandoned temporarily.

The armsman shouts in terror at his colleagues brutal dismemberment. He looks at Naris and lashes out at the sword wielding traitor with the heavy butt of his lasgun, panic in his eyes as he's surrounded in a dark metal cave.

Show

All out attack (1d100)[4] TN 48
    Dam (1d10+3)[6]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Kharneth gives the corpse a good few extra smacks before turning his head toward the other Guard. His face contorts into a snarl and he jumps at the man.
    Show
    (1d100)[91] v TN 75
    Show

Hit 1: (1d10+7)[17]
    Tearing: (1d10)[4]
    Righteous Fury: (1d10)[10]
    Hit 2: (1d10+7)[17]
    Tearing: (1d10)[4]
    Hit 3: (1d10+7)[11]
    Tearing: (1d10)[2]
    Righteous Fury: (1d10)[6]
    Hit 4: (1d10+7)[10]
    Tearing: (1d10)[2]
    Righteous Fury: (1d10)[3]
    Hit 5: (1d10+7)[17]
    Tearing: (1d10)[5]
    Games that I am in

22. - Top - End - #52

Naris narrowly dodges being struck by the butt of the gun, feeling it graze him, but giving him the opening he needed to strike his blade directly under the human's guard, or rather lack thereof. This is your fault. He reminded him.

Dodge vs 41
    (1d100)[39]

Melee vs 74 (44 + 10 BQ + 10 Standard Attack + 10 Outnumbering opponent)
    (1d100)[20]

Damage
    (1d10+4)[10] Pen 0

On hit roll toughness vs Toxic 0
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-10-13 at 07:11 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Kristof called out cheerfully "If you spare him then I can delve into his memory!" He wasn't that good at combat but did prepare himself for potentially having to drag the man back into the clutches of the group if he opted to run away.

Show
    I'd like to ready Mind over Matter if that's a thing. Basically if he gets to the edge of my range I'd like to use it to forcefully pull him closer to my location. If so then:
    Willpower Test (opposed by his Strength): (1d100)[94] vs 85 (50 WP + 10 Power + 10 Psy-Focus + 15 PR)
    New job, who dis?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

The swooping blood splattered chain blade just misses him as the young surgeon lashes out, blade leaving a savage looking gash on the armsman's neck. The wound instantly suppurating and starting to rot with the blessing of Nurgle.
    Spoiler: T test
    Show

T test vs toxic (1d100)[63] TN 32 or (1d10)[8] damage

Clutching his throat he staggers away, he swings the autogun blindly before withdrawing up the narrow corridor towards the exit, clearly seeking to flee, trailing blood as he retreats

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Kharneth seems extremely displeased that he didn't murder the first guardsman like he did the other one. He raises his chainsword up and charges the fleeing coward.
    Show
    (1d100)[14]: Attack v 72
    Edit: Sorry forgot to add +7 onto all those.
    Show
    Hit 1: (1d10)[7]
    Righteous Fury: (1d10)[2]
    Hit 2: (1d10)[10]
    Tearing: (1d10)[10]
    Hit 3: (1d10)[4]
    Hit 4: (1d10)[5]
    Righteous Fury: (1d10)[3]
    Hit 5: (1d10)[10]
    Righteous Fury: (1d10)[7]
    Last edited by Xenopax; 2018-10-17 at 08:27 AM.
    Games that I am in

26. - Top - End - #56

Beholder

Thaddeus curses as the pursuing comrade runs into his line of fire.

27. - Top - End - #57

Naris was about to charge after him, but he saw Kharneth beat him to the punch, and there wasn't that much room in the cooridor. He brought this on himself. Naris said simply. No witnesses.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Kristof frowned as the man ran away and his comrade chased after him. But just as quickly that smile returned as he started to rifle through the dead man’s pockets for any sort of ID. As he worked he cheerfully said ”So whatcha wanna do with the extra bodies? I’m thinking we make it look like some sort of beast is attacking the people in this area. Anyone know anything that leaves chainsword like wounds?” If he finds some means for them to contact a central location then he starts working on his mimicry (without using the commlink), mumbling over and over ”Nothing to report, Sir” until his voice was eerily close to the people they just murdered.
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2018-10-21 at 03:53 AM.
    New job, who dis?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Screans, the whine of the chainsword and the splatter of blood echo around the rusting water reclamation plant as Kharneth brutally dismembers the hapless crewman in a welter of gore.

Stillness once again reins as the comm link crackles briefly, "Avard, what's your status? You cleared blue 68 yet?". Kristof picks up the link looking at it before beginning to practice the mimicry

Spoiler: Skill
    Show

Make an appropriate deceive check

Looking around Naris and Thaddeus can see several long abandoned watervtamks or sub tanks that with rust and wear and tear were deactivated but never removed. The bits of the bodies could easily be disposed of should one wish. The welters of blood sprays less so....

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Kharneth begins stripping the bodies of their valuables (those that weren't cut apart) before carefully cutting off their heads and throwing the bodies into the tanks (Unless anyone has anything they want to do with the bodies)
    Games that I am in