New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Silly Plots 3: With government backing we can make it very silly

This thread is for silly plots that can't really be placed specifically in another Nexus thread. Or, let's be honest, you needed more plots and you already had one in Serious Plots.

Rules (Shamelessly stolen from Serious Plots):
    1. Use [Location] Tags
    2. If need be, use a [Plot] Tag as well.
    3. Each [Location/Plot] is under the owner's control.
    4. Play nice.
    5. Keep the Drama Low. Yes, this is a serious Silly Plot thread, so please, as rule 4 says, play nice. Just because the Plot is supposed to be serious silly, it doesn't mean you should be careless or rude or whatever.

If you think your plot is too serious, try Srs Plots.

Archive
    Spoiler
    Show
    Silly Plots 2: Electric Boogaloo
    Silly Plots
    Last edited by Gullara; 2018-09-02 at 12:29 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots 3: With government backing we can make it very silly

A City in the Desert

As the car zooms into a town, coyote pulls up in front of a shop with bright neon lights and a flashing sign that says "Zaza's Appearance Emporium". As the duo steps inside, they are greeted politely by a bird person of indiscriminate sex, with multicolored, jeweled feathers flashing around and a stud glinting in his beak. Coyote smiles mischievously and says The lady here needs a new look for her fur. My treat. And I'd like to sign up for my usual mani/pedi combination.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Desert Town

Kray blinks. ”Wait, my fur? Doing what to it?” she asks, pinching a bit of her hair from her neck. She stares at the bird-man(?)'s stud. Piercing a beak? Is that something that they do? Oh no, what if they needed a drill? Gods, how awful...
    Maybe she's staring a little too much.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2018-09-02 at 10:44 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Magic Woods Well

Ilknur tilts her head, and smiles at Niji. "Well let's go see something cool, then! Somewhere actually quiet, yeah?" She flaps her wings a few times to get off of the ground. "I'd like to get to know you better without getting interrupted."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [The Road!]

"Well, I guess we could always go back to the same place and get you another one..." Adir seems to consider. "You're sure you don't want any other kind of pet, honey?"
    [The Road!]

"Um..." Laela was so fixated on bunnies, but there are other thoughts floating in her mind. "A pony! A white princess pony!" Adir will know that her inspiration is her story books. And didn't Sakura mention that Dena might be able to teach her to ride one day?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

[The Road]

"Laela, I..." Adir starts to say, in his 'gentle dad no' voice... before he thinks about it a little more. "I... well. Actually. It could cost a bit, but..." They do have all this space now. Feeding it and having a good place for it to stable would be the main issue. "...But if your mother thinks it's okay, and you'll help me build some places to keep your pony in..."

The stag reaches for his phone while they're stopped at a light and plunks it on the dash. "Tell you what. I'll call your mother right now." And so he does.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Road]

Laela squeals, a high, shrill sound that stabs at the eardrums. "For real?! A pony of my own? I'll name her Starlight! Just like in my book!" She squeals some more.

8. - Top - End - #8

[The Road]

Adir winces. "Easy, honey, easy!" He laughs. "I've got to check with your mom first. This is a big deal."

He eyes Laela as the phone rings. He can't help but love it when she's so unbelievably happy. "This is just like that normal bunny we were talking about. A pony will need a lot of affection, a heckuva lot of food, and a lot of respect. We're gonna have to make some rules for her. Okay?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Desert Town

Kray blinks. ”Wait, my fur? Doing what to it?” she asks, pinching a bit of her hair from her neck. She stares at the bird-man(?)'s stud. Piercing a beak? Is that something that they do? Oh no, what if they needed a drill? Gods, how awful...
    Maybe she's staring a little too much.
    The birdperson scratches a name into the book in front of them and says Oh, well in that case you'll want to talk to Hops, she'll get you set up. and waves another employee over.

Hops, it turns out, is a rather matronly bunny person with a blue and purple shimmer fade pattern across her fur, starting with deep purple at the tips of her ears and fading to a pale lavender at her feet. She is free of piercings and wearing a sensible dark brown apron with various brushes and other tools in the pockets. Kray will find herself expertly rushed off towards the back until she's sitting at a table beside a bunch of sinks and what looks like a locker room, viewing various books with colors and cuts. Maybe something simple to start, dear? A nice auburn tone would really bring out your features. Perhaps a few gold highlights?
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

[Magic Woods Well]

Niji grins.
    ”Uh well okay, follow me!” and off she goes, slithering her way into the afternoon air. How weird.

[Desert Town]

Kray scarcely has time to blink. These folks sure love fast.
    ”Um, that sounds nice I suppose? Brown and red mostly run in my family. I wouldn’t mind having a darker tone again that this.” she muses, looking at her cream colored arms.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Spoiler: Juniperwood Town
    Show

Juniperwood Town Ruins

Jace whirls around, and almost shoots the raticate, but reigns himself off the trigger when Veronica starts offering to feed it. He waits for her, but he's not putting his gun away yet.
    Meanwhile,
    "Anorith" Zebes cackles giddily, laying his loot out on the floor for his teammates to pick up later. Oh no, that's one of his two favorite fossil pokemon, second to Archen.

Magic Woods Well

"Well yeah, all the time. I'd say we could just go back to the lake but apparently this whole area's full of creeps. There's a pool back home too, or at least something nice in the city. Just somewhere without a legion of perverts chasing us." Niji requests with a sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Juniperwood Town Ruins

The Raticate reaches for the granola bar and will try to snatch it away, retreating back into its boxes with the prize. If Veronica doesn't let go, it'll just take as large a bite as it can and start pulling to try and pry it free.

Anorith is really cool! I need to remember to grab the Claw Fossil rather than the Root Fossil I usually take. Lileep is quite cool, and I really like the way it's based on crinoliths.
    Juniperwood Town Ruins

"There ya go, lil' guy."
    Veronica says softly, letting go of the food when he tries to take it. She wasn't going to tease it further. The thing looked like it ate a lot, and that little bar might go a good way. Besides, who knows? Maybe that'll get her good will down the line. Maybe not, but she can always hope!

"Well, sounds like Zebes is having a ball."
    Veronica adds, lifting her wing and stretching it out to frown at the chunk of feathers taken out of it. They'd impair her flight a fair bit, but she'll still be able to take off. "Time to head to the sealed up place now, right?" She suggests as she carefully climbs up out of the basement. Unless the other two take issue, she'll lead the way to go take a closer look at the sealed up house.

ACRONYM

"Looks like we're coming up on the base now."
    Brokenfang informs Erelae over her shoulder. the Wolfen, currently masquerading around in her human "disguise", had to pilot the miniature submarine for the pair to get close to the old evil base. She'd remembered the controls well enough, as well as the location of the base, but mostly she'd been entirely ecstatic over the fact that the old sub hadn't fallen into too much of a state of disrepair. "Docking in 3....2....and a-one." She adds, smiling when the tell-tale clang of metal on metal told her that they'd attached to the airlock. Despite the chill of the depths, she wasn't bothered by being half-naked and just unstraps herself from the pilot seat in order to head to the airlock. If it all seems to operate as it should, she'll start up the cycling process and offer her Drow passenger an automatic rifle from the locker near the exit. "Just in case."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

[Juniperwood Town Ruins]

Jace rejoins Zebes and picks up their loot.
    "C'mon it'll be great we could use it to get a little shrimp-trilobite friend!" Zebes insists, holding up the fossil. Jace rolls his eyes and lets Veronica head to the next building.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Juniperwood Town Ruins

The boarded-up house has a dark, spooky air about it. Nailed to the door, above the planks sealing the door, there is a small scrap of paper with a strange symbol drawn upon it. It's a Cleanse Tag, an item enchanted to ward away wild pokemon and keep them away.

Veronica's new enchantments show the hinges and lock of the door glow green, and if she turns to look behind, the blue glow of the Raticate is following stealthily behind, hoping for more food, perhaps.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

14. - Top - End - #14

Magic Woods Well

Ilknur giggles as she watches Niji take off into the sky - the image was just too funny not too. But it isn't long before she's following her into the air.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [The Road]

Adir winces. "Easy, honey, easy!" He laughs. "I've got to check with your mom first. This is a big deal."

He eyes Laela as the phone rings. He can't help but love it when she's so unbelievably happy. "This is just like that normal bunny we were talking about. A pony will need a lot of affection, a heckuva lot of food, and a lot of respect. We're gonna have to make some rules for her. Okay?"
    [The Road]

"Uh huh! Uh huh!" Laela says, still squirming in her seat. Adir can probably tell that her hearing is pretty selective right now...

"Hi honey." Sakura answers. "You ne-"

"Daddy says I can get a princess pony, Mommy!" Laela immediately screeches.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Ruins of Juniperwood Town

Veronica stares up at the cleanse tag, unsure of whatever it is except probably some kind of warning. She blinks at the entrance for a moment as well before trying to open the door. If it is locked, she'll step aside with a frown. "Zebes, if you could be so kind as to rip the door away, I think that would be best." She'll stand to the side, and assuming that the door is ripped away, she'll take a peek through the entrance with her drone just to make sure that no one is waiting for them.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    ACRONYM

"Looks like we're coming up on the base now."
    Brokenfang informs Erelae over her shoulder. the Wolfen, currently masquerading around in her human "disguise", had to pilot the miniature submarine for the pair to get close to the old evil base. She'd remembered the controls well enough, as well as the location of the base, but mostly she'd been entirely ecstatic over the fact that the old sub hadn't fallen into too much of a state of disrepair. "Docking in 3....2....and a-one." She adds, smiling when the tell-tale clang of metal on metal told her that they'd attached to the airlock. Despite the chill of the depths, she wasn't bothered by being half-naked and just unstraps herself from the pilot seat in order to head to the airlock. If it all seems to operate as it should, she'll start up the cycling process and offer her Drow passenger an automatic rifle from the locker near the exit. "Just in case."
    [ACRONYM]

Erelae takes the rifle and slings it over her shoulder. "Well, this is getting more exciting by the minute." She grins, looking much like her father. "So do we know if there's even air in there?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [The Road]

"Uh huh! Uh huh!" Laela says, still squirming in her seat. Adir can probably tell that her hearing is pretty selective right now...

"Hi honey." Sakura answers. "You ne-"

"Daddy says I can get a princess pony, Mommy!" Laela immediately screeches.
    The next thing Sakura's poor ears will be subjected to is Adir's uproarious laughter. Of course, they're both well used to the noise by now, especially when it came from little Laela. He just finds the tyke's presumptuousness and energy very amusing.

"Yeah, mommy, what do you think, can we get a pony?" Adir asks her, still with the giggles, deciding just to hear Sakura's reaction before he starts explaining.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Road]

Well that's sure a surprise. They can't see Sakura holding the phone away from her ears for a moment. "Um, well. A pony's not just a regular pet, right? You want to learn to ride. I think we need to talk with Dena about this, since she was going to teach you." Sakura explains carefully. She actually has no idea what's involved in that, so she's uncertain.

Laela is not deterred by this additional delay, though. "Okay! When do we do that?"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ruins Of Juniperwood Town]

Zebes shudders, but changes and goes to rip open the door. The tag gives him the creeps, but he’s too smart to let a spell to keep vermin away deter him.

21. - Top - End - #21

[The Road]

"Oh, darling, come on, I can get Laela another trainer even if it doesn't go through with that Dena woman," Adir argues, adding sardonically, "'Oh no, the woman with an actual death stare and a bushel of poisonous snakes on her head can't teach the tyke, woe is me.' No great loss. I bet one of my brothers would even teach Laela for free." Always concerned about money now, is Adir. Usually on the back end of an impulsive decision. Still, he sounds pretty confident as he says, "We can definitely afford the pony, though, if you were worried about that. Just have to go light on Laela and the babies' Thanksmas presents," Adir says, winking at his wee daughter.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2018-09-13 at 06:19 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #22

ACRONYM

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    ACRONYM

"Looks like we're coming up on the base now." Brokenfang informs Erelae over her shoulder. the Wolfen, currently masquerading around in her human "disguise", had to pilot the miniature submarine for the pair to get close to the old evil base. She'd remembered the controls well enough, as well as the location of the base, but mostly she'd been entirely ecstatic over the fact that the old sub hadn't fallen into too much of a state of disrepair. "Docking in 3....2....and a-one." She adds, smiling when the tell-tale clang of metal on metal told her that they'd attached to the airlock. Despite the chill of the depths, she wasn't bothered by being half-naked and just unstraps herself from the pilot seat in order to head to the airlock. If it all seems to operate as it should, she'll start up the cycling process and offer her Drow passenger an automatic rifle from the locker near the exit. "Just in case."
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [ACRONYM]

Erelae takes the rifle and slings it over her shoulder. "Well, this is getting more exciting by the minute." She grins, looking much like her father. "So do we know if there's even air in there?"

Oh don't worry, there is. The base is dramatically different from what Brokenfang may recall, however. Before Malice took over, Magtok built this place with a deliberately worn-down, dilapidated aesthetic in mind. An unsubtle nod towards the city of Rapture, back when that sort of reference wasn't half as dated as it is now. Lived-in, used, and crumbling, with a sort of art deco look going on. Malice maintained that look, mostly because that's how the place looked back in his heyday, and he was inordinately proud of the way things used to be. Obviously there were some repair jobs that needed to be made, the greenhouse needed to be trimmed and weeded, and a few barrels of radioactive waste needed to be dumped out an airlock and into the sea, but the Octopus Garden ACRONYM quickly became something he could be proud of, something he could show off to other villains.

That's not what it is today, however. An elegant red carpet stretches out from the entrance, over a gilded brick floor that definitely was not there last time. Two dozen or so similarly gilded spider-drones are spread out across the entrance hall, each roughly the size of a large dog and draped in similar fabrics, like tiny spider-dog tabards. They stare our duo down, but do not move from their places along the walls, ceilings, and floor. Where there were signs directing one to the ACRONYM meeting hall along the walls, there are now massive red tapestries, proudly honoring a man of brass with cape and scepter, poised with his foot in the air, ready to stomp down on a tiny man, woman, and child and crush them beneath his heel. Everything about this place speaks of medieval opulence and techno-feudalism; what happened to the art deco and the Randian Objectivitism? Why giant spider bots and not robot men? What happened here, what happened to Malice?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Silly Plots 3: With government backing we can make it very silly

The door is locked, and more than locked. There's wooden planks nailed across it to make sure it's kept shut. It's not enough to keep out a determined Dragonite, however, and the door is ripped off its hinges.

Within, there's a corridor, much like the last, with doors leading away, and a right-angle turn. Presumably, the visible doors lead to a lounge and kitchen, whilst round the corner lies two bedrooms and a bathroom. The corridor is dark and gloomy, with peeling dark purple wall-paper. On the walls are a Victorian photograph of a child with closed eyes sitting in a chair, looking asleep; it's actually a death photograph, an image taken of a corpse. There's also a realistic painting of a skeleton in a Napoleonic British officer's uniform, with red coat and sweeping bicorn hat, and a silver-framed mirror. The mirror reflects the room, but it reflects living things as dead. Zebes looks dried out, desiccated and shrivelled into a bony husk, whilst Jace looks like a bloated corpse, and Veronica appears as a polished skeleton. It's obviously magic, and very creepy.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Road]

"Nooo, I want Dena to teach me!" Laela declares. She's already enamored with the gorgon as a dancing teacher. And it was Dena who really put the pony idea firmly in her head in the first place.

"I just mean we should talk to someone who knows more than we do before we settle on anything. I'm sure Dena would be very helpful." Sakura's not even sure Laela is big enough to be riding a pony. She doesn't know anything about the subject.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ruins of Juniperwood Town]

Jace opens fire on the mirror immediately. Hopefully glass shards don't get in their face.
    [Jaaaace, it was just a Raistlin mirror.] Zebes chides, waving a talon at him, causing him to blush.

26. - Top - End - #26

[The Road]

Adir relents with a sigh and a smile. "Well, in that case, you'll have to wait on getting that pony, little girl." He glances at the phone. "You're absolutely right, honey. We'll talk to her. See what's what. But! That doesn't mean we can't go look at some." The stag's grin reappears.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

"Always knew I had a sexy ske-"
    Veronica starts to tease before the mirror is shot and she's left posing with a frown. The mirror had been magical, that much had been obvious, but her boyfriend had been on edge too it seems and the mirror was destroyed. She blinks, pondering over what happened for a moment before she tilts her head and looks over at Jace. "Question. What if it had been the sort of magic keeping something locked in it or reflected damage into the material world?" She asks. Magic mirrors weren't all that common and the last thing she wanted was to be shot because one reflected the bullet back. After that train of thought though, she steps close to the picture of the child. It takes her a moment, but then her eyes widen and she leans closer. "Wow! Jace! This is an actual death photograph! It was part of my studies when I got my degree and license for reporting and photography. Never thought I'd actually see one though. They're, like, super rare. If the photographer for it isn't alive or doesn't have an estate, I'll have to take it to a museum or a collector." She explains, reaching up to delicately take it and place it into the safest compartment of her bag.

"...I kinda like the skeleton painting, but no way we'll be able to get it out of here until we're done exploring. And I can't fly with it."
    She admits with a wistful sigh before heading on towards the first bedroom she finds.

ACRONYM

Erelae will find Brokenfang pausing as soon as she steps into the facility, clearly unsettled by what she finds. "...Erelae, I don't know who has taken up shop here, but this certainly is new. And too ostentatious. Malice was always a prideful and self-centered guy, but this is on a whole new level." She warns before grinning. "I think I like whomever it is already. What do you say? Shall we meet and deal with whomever it is? Maybe we can start up an entirely new villainous org."

Excited, she steps forward towards the bots. "Oi! We're here to meet with your leader." she shouts.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Juniperwood Town Ruins

The good news is, it doesn't seem to be either of those types of mirrors, though it has totally shattered into a whole host of pieces. The shards seem to retain the magic, though they're also... Melting? Evaporating? They're certainly getting smaller, though there's no steam or liquid produced. When the last piece has disappeared, the mirror returns to its previous, intact state. Nobody will see it repaired, though; it's restored between blinks. The mirror still shows the intrepid adventurers as corpses, however, but now they're different dead. Zebes is the skeleton this time, still marked with flecks of flesh and Jace a shrivelled, desiccated mummy with black opals set into his empty eye sockets. Veronica doesn't look as pretty as she's now a grey-faced cadaver, her clothing sliced open to reveal the ugly stitches of a prior autopsy.

The photograph doesn't resist being moved, either. There's nothing of interest behind it; just dust and less-faded wallpaper.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

redface Re: Silly Plots 3: With government backing we can make it very silly

[Ruins of Juniperwood Town]

Jace shakes his head.
    "I've had to fight a lot of walking skeletons in my day, okay? Anyway if you like it just take it out of the frame and roll it up; the frame probably isn't important." he suggests.
    Zebes blinks and changes back to his usual shape so he can sit in Jace's hood.
    "I don't like that mirror. We're going to keep walking now." he says. And they do.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Post Re: Silly Plots 3: With government backing we can make it very silly

The first bedroom is an adult's bedroom. It's got a double bed, a wardrobe, a chest of drawers and a coffin lying on its side against the wall. All the furniture is made of dark mahogany, except the coffin which is much paler pine wood. The decor is just as dark and gloomy, with dark grey walls and ceiling and a thick, moth-eaten dark green carpet muffling their steps. On top of the chest of drawers there's a row of ornaments- a bone white vase with dead roses in it, a glass skull and a foot-high black candle. There's a painting on the wall of a small rowing boat with a dark-robed figure in it, brandishing a broken oar to fight off white, skeletal arms grasping at the vessel from a bloody red sea.

Veronica's sight-magic gives her a green glow around all the hinges in the room, as well as around the lock in the door and, oddly, a lock on the coffin, too. There's no blue glow of life in the room, except around herself, Jace and Zebes. Zebes' magic-sniffing nose will detect something magic in the coffin, and an invisible diary hidden under a pillow on the bed, next to a key.