New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots 3: With government backing we can make it very silly

Gothic Cathedral

Blue takes the time to record footage of the numerous explosions required to drill into the core of the cathedral, the thought that he was destroying incredible architecture never crossing his mind. Once the dust settles and the rubble clears, the treasure hunter retrieves a plasma pistol from his belt, skipping forward through the destruction, humming to himself.

As he hums, he accentuates the rhythm with periodic blasts from his plasma pistol, aimed up towards the sky, or cieling. "Ba da da da daaa, ba da da da da daaa, da da daaa da, ba da da da ba da da da..."

--

Once the puzzle door comes into view, Blue whips out his hardlight projector gun before promptly designing a swivel chair in front of the door. After sitting down and resting his feet upon a battered chunk of rubble, he begins to look over the puzzle properly.

"Why can't these dumb things ever be crossword puzzles..."

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gothic Cathedral

The plasma hits the ceiling, burning chunks of dirt off behind him as he skips along.

The shapes on the door are all various ornate guns arranged in such a way to be a clever puzzle that builds on the themes of the first puzzle that was on the trapdoor that Blue first covered in rubble and then blew up. After sitting there for a while he'll be able to figure it out. C'mon that's good enough right you're not going to make me google a puzzle.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[An Epic Quest]

Corvus considers for a brief instant, before shaking his head.

"If I was with them, I'd likely not be asking about where to find Azul. I do have some questions, though, and I was told Azul could answer them." Corvus says evenly, watching the bartender's reaction. He's not sure if this is some sort of test, but if it is, he's doing his best to answer correctly.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

4. - Top - End - #334

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    A New World

"Biding time is precisely what I want. This world will win out eventually, but unless you have a method to transport a population of tens of thousands away, then trying to stop it is useless. As to how he may or may not be spared, let me show you why." Beauty says, scowling before simply appearing next to her prisoner, knife in hand. She didn't seem to move or use magic to teleport over. Instead it was as if reality itself decided that she should be there instead, and before either of her guests can react she slams the knife into the man's chest, right above the eye, and rips it downward. Instead of the mass of blood and organs that would typically be expected from the screaming man, there is a single writhing mass inside of him. The man's screaming stops as the writhing stops, but a few coils twist inside of him after a moment as the "head" of it leaps towards Beauty. Another flick of the knife and the head is neatly severed before a several meter long fleshy tendril flops to the floor. The head looked like a lamprey's with a longer "V" shaped gash for the mouth that splits wide open to grasp with several dozen stubby fangs.

"Say hello to the Mother's Tongue, the source of thralldom that devours organs, minds, and soul alike. You hesitated one way or the other, so I took it upon myself to end it." Beauty says, disgust evident on her face as she uses the knife to slice through the restraints as well. There's a flash of violet on her for a moment when she does so, and when she shoulders the body to turn to Ithuriel, a single large violet eye has appeared on her face as well, smack dab in the middle of the bony plate on the upper half of her head. "If you want to see just what it can do to a man, then take it." She growls, clearly aggravated as she walks over to Ithuriel and dumps the body onto the ground. "Whatever you decide, decide it here and now. And it is your choice to make. But I would have you make it quickly." She says, all but glaring at Ithuriel for the moment as her eye and the all-too-many shark-like teeth that had appeared in her mouth vanish from reality once more as if Connor and the angel had hallucinated it.

They didn't.

"If this is not to your taste, then you will be given a guest room, servants, plenty of food and entertainment as you wish, and I will send you back as soon as we are able to do so. But I have a war to wage and I do not have the privilege of distaste preventing me from fighting."
    She crosses her arms then, ignoring the blood on her body and expensive clothing, and waits. She'll move to let them examine the body and "Mother's Tongue" if they wish, but she's drawn a figurative line in the sand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post

[A Strange World]

Ithuriel can't help but recoil slightly at the sight of the man with that sickly yellow eye buried in him. Such a sight, it's hard to imagine any such thing could be redeemable in any way. Certainly, it provokes an instinctive desire to kill it, to get rid of it, to make that horrible thing stop screaming!

Ithuriel clenches her fist, grits her teeth, and holds back.

"So, you live upon some great, undying entity, and your world actively seeks your death." Ithuriel sighs. It sounds quite unpleasant. Trying to fight what you live on sounds futile. This seems like something of a forgone conclusion. Surely death is inevitable? Ideally she'd try and give them a way out, an opportunity to flee to somewhere safe, but she saw how the portal turned out.

There is nothing wrong with this idea of rebirth, is there? But to take the lives of those living upon it when they're unwilling to go...it's hard to define such a thing as evil, per se. But it feels wrong. And what of this man, a victim of this "Mother" who at this point cannot be saved? It's hard to take at face value. Beauty will surely be able to see the uncertainty, the indecision on Ithuriel's face as she looks for some other solution here.

"Then, what? I am to buy you some more time? Say I do my part and go on my way, would I not just be prolonging your suffering? Help me understand, how do I end this? And how do I know this man can't be spared?"

[YLEF - Cut off the head, and you can claim the loot for free later!]

Suzie's disgust at Alex's garish outfit is obvious to see. A tentacle strays towards the new outfit she has tucked away for him, as if thinking that surely it'd be worth getting him into that thing just to spare him (and her eyes) from this abomination!

She also snatches one of the lanyards with another tentacle, twirling the loop around it and...keeping it there, instead of wearing it around her neck like a sensible person would do.

"Loot? Loot? HAH!" She poses dramatically, pointing a tentacle in roughly the direction she figures Alex's ex-boss is probably in (almost certainly in completely the wrong direction) "No, my minions! We shall not let ourselves be distracted by trinkets and toys! We go straight for our target! We shall be on him before he even knows what's happening! And once he has fallen and his lair is leaderless, then we shall take what we wish with no one there to oppose us! MINION A! LEAD THE WAY!" The krakengirl has spoken. Straight after the boss it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    YLEF - Onward Kraken Soldiers!

Suzie may wear her disgust on her sleeve - or, that is to say, lack of sleeves - but as usual, Marina chooses to be more tactful in her response. Namely, she makes an effort to stifle the fit of giggling that comes over her after looking at Alex's ridiculous getup. She takes a lanyard and, somewhat unfamiliar with the item, follows her mistress's lead by looping it around her wrist before looping it around again to tie it in a knot. Never can be too safe, especially with how cavalier Marina can be!

A New World

Connor does not hesitate. Time away from this world, from this situation, has given him time to contextualize his first visit here, but it has also apparently changed Beauty and let the situation become far more dire than it had been. Striding up to their hostess, Connor brings his hand around and attempts a ringing slap to the side of her face, and damn the consequences.

There was no call for that." His voice, while still high and soft, is as delicate as a hammer wrapped in silk, "I may be a brief mortal, I may not comprehend the level of danger here or the dire, unfixable mess of your situation, but you also don't know anything about this lady you've brought here. I told you I would make you weapons and you demurred because I'm no combatant, but when she has questions and moral qualms, not even objections but honest requests for information you've treated her like she's hanging you out to dry. She didn't ask for this, and as her host and the person who needs her help it's your duty to make sure she's informed." His breathing is ragged by the end of his rant, his chest heaving. But he visibly wilts as something internal tugs at him.

"I can probably do something with the corpse. The parts closest to the infected bits will have some sympathetic history that can be twisted into something that hurts more of these wretches. I might not get much poison or whatever per distillation, but I might not need much after a few trials." He straightens a bit, "I might be able to get the hosts to reject the tongue, in enough of a way to disable or incapacitate them." He has his doubts, but it's a better use of his time than striking demiurges who are his only way home again.

YLEF - Oh we're skipping all the traps then, are we?

Alex wilts at his new benevolent overlord's decision, but salutes half-heartedly, "We'd better take the elevator then. Just please, I know you're my boss, but do exactly as I say as we're going forward. There will still be some opposition I'm afraid." He doesn't sound afraid, just resigned. And he reaches back into his locker and pulls out a massive packet of bubblegum, "You're both going to need to start chewing this. It's raspberry flavored." He's already starting on his first piece, talking around it, "Once you have a piece chewy, add to it. I'll be doing the same." He sounds deadly serious. Well as deadly and as serious as someone so bland can sound. To the elevator he goes!
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Epic Quest]

"I don't pretend to know what those people are thinking." The barkeep says with a shrug. "How about this? You sit down, spend a little money on food or drink or what have you. I'll point them out when they come in. I'm glad to help a paying customer."

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Epic Quest]

Willa digs through her pocket and withdraws a plain silver coin, unlikely to cause any fuss if given to this group.
    "Well, I doubt you have any seats for someone of my shape, but I will have something to drink then. Make it strong; I don't really feel drinks meant for humans." At least she does half as fast; that's what happens when you're easily half a ton of horse and human.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #337
    Halfling in the Playground

[YLEF - Suzie used the level skip cheat!]

Bubblegum? What does she need bubblegum for? Does her minion not understand just how many teeth she has? So many sharp pointy teeth for the bubblegum to get caught up on! Still, if Minion A says it's that important...

"Opposition? Hah! I'm sure nothing your previous overlord had could ever be a match of Minion M and her broom!" It doesn't sound very intimidating, does it? Still, Suzie seems to have confidence in the fishmaid's abilities.

With some reluctance, she starts chewing, more or less instantly gumming up her mouth so well that she can barely speak. "Leaf on mrfghn! To vfgghtly!" She puts a tentacle round each of her minions' shoulders, grins at Alex (which looks awful with her mouth all bubblegummed up) and nods at him to lead on to yonder elevator.

[A New World]

"I don't do biding time." Ithuriel mutters, shaking her head. The grotesque scene before her ought to be more disturbing, but now is not the time for that. She's seen worse. It's unpleasant, but she's seen worse. "If you wanted someone to prolong your own suffering, you shouldn't have summoned a gods-blessed angel." As much as she'd like to call herself a "damn angel", some things are hard to justify. Though using blessed in this context probably sounds a little weird.

She stays silent as Connor slaps Beauty. Boy did she want to do that right now, but that seemed more likely to result in an escalation than if the young man does it. Beauty is clearly greatly distressed which speaks volumes to the severity of the situation, but what did she expect? How many "heroes" would come through into this mess, accept Beauty's cause in a heartbeat, and obediently march off to buy them some time? And how much time? Years? Decades maybe?

Maybe just months?

Ithuriel clenches her fist.

"You've made your point. Those people- ugh, infected by this thing are the dead still walking. I can't redeem the dead. You want me to kill them? I'll kill them. But I'm not happy with that. You-" Her eyes narrow and she jabs her finger towards Beauty. "You deserve a second chance too, free from this conflict. You want a way out? I could give you a way out, for everyone, if my portal worked." She gently rolls the dead man over onto his side and steps round him. "So please, tell me there's a way to fix that. If it can be done at all, I don't care how difficult it is, you'll have my services until I do it. I'm not happy delaying the inevitable. I'm not happy accepting it is inevitable. Deal?" She asks, offering her hand to shake.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

8. - Top - End - #338

NinjaGuy

[An Epic Quest]

Corvus nods.

"Make it two, I could use something strong as well." He reaches into his pouch and withdraws another silver coin, tossing it to the bartender.

"And much obliged," he adds with a predatory smile.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Epic Quest]

The barkeep nods and serves them up drinks. There are plenty of free tables, but it looks like people are starting to file in. All they have to do now is wait (and suffer a number of strange looks).

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

A New World

Beauty doesn't move away from the slap, nor does she flinch. For a brief moment she looks saddened, but not at his accusation, and she reaches out to take the hand that slapped her and hold it gently between her own. "Connor, you do not understand what I am, do you?" She asks gently, producing a soothing warmth between her hands to mend the pain slapping her produced. "I did not deny your weapons because you are not a combatant. I denied your blessings upon weapons because you yourself stated that doing such was a corruption of your work, your art. I can no more tell you to enchant weaponry than I could tell an artist to destroy their painting or a sculptor to topple their piece. I am the beauty of this world personified. There are things I cannot do that go against that nature."

Done with the mending, she lets go of the hand to face both of them easier. "It has not been mere weeks here since you've been here last, Connor. It has been months, nearly a year, here. I have dealt with group after group of summoned people just outright attacking me, declaring that I am the monster, or have simply refused. My tolerance for such things has grown thin. I cannot wage a war on three fronts." She explains before resummoning her dagger and offering it to Ithuriel, pommel first. "If you seek enough magic to create a stable portal through to your realm enough for the innocents of this world to traverse through, then you will need to carve out the Eye of the current self-proclaimed Mother. Then you need at least one other from another Facet. If you'd rather end this conflict, then you'll need to slay all of us before we can be reborn. And perhaps in the end, that would be a kindness as I cannot truly depart this realm."

"I can send shades of myself through, little pieces, but I am as much part of this world as the Great Eye above. I cannot be saved, but if you are willing to help...then perhaps the people can be."

11. - Top - End - #341

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    YLEF - Oh we're skipping all the traps then, are we?

Alex wilts at his new benevolent overlord's decision, but salutes half-heartedly, "We'd better take the elevator then. Just please, I know you're my boss, but do exactly as I say as we're going forward. There will still be some opposition I'm afraid." He doesn't sound afraid, just resigned. And he reaches back into his locker and pulls out a massive packet of bubblegum, "You're both going to need to start chewing this. It's raspberry flavored." He's already starting on his first piece, talking around it, "Once you have a piece chewy, add to it. I'll be doing the same." He sounds deadly serious. Well as deadly and as serious as someone so bland can sound. To the elevator he goes!

Bubblegum? What does she need bubblegum for? Does her minion not understand just how many teeth she has? So many sharp pointy teeth for the bubblegum to get caught up on! Still, if Minion A says it's that important...

"Opposition? Hah! I'm sure nothing your previous overlord had could ever be a match of Minion M and her broom!" It doesn't sound very intimidating, does it? Still, Suzie seems to have confidence in the fishmaid's abilities.

With some reluctance, she starts chewing, more or less instantly gumming up her mouth so well that she can barely speak. "Leaf on mrfghn! To vfgghtly!" She puts a tentacle round each of her minions' shoulders, grins at Alex (which looks awful with her mouth all bubblegummed up) and nods at him to lead on to yonder elevator.

YLEF - I Wish I Could Get My Hands On A Kraktion Replay

Most people would give you a strange look if you told them to chew bubblegum like their life depended on it. Of course, Marina doesn't even bat an eyelash at Alex's strange orders; after a career spent almost exclusively in service to Suzie, she had long since become accustomed to whimsical tasks and mundane things being treated like the fate of the world hung in the balance. And so she starts to chew gum with zeal, noting with surprise that raspberries did not taste like she expected at all and quietly dreading the prospect of convincing Suzie to go to the dentist's after this.

"Milady, you flatter me far too much. Let's hope I don't need to prove you right." It's a little hard to get the words out while chewing, but there's no mistaking the playful tinge to them.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

12. - Top - End - #342

[An Epic Quest]

Eventually, two people from the group they're after shuffles in. One human man that appears to be in his early 30's with a clean-shaven face that appears to be from around here. Following him is a figure of a undetermined gender that is definitely not human considering their tail which not even their long clothing is able to cover up fully. The man pauses the moment he spots Willa and looks about to turn around and leave right away, especially as the two will likely be looking at him.

[Thariza's Journey]

The landscape around Thariza and Ambrosia looks completely desolated with only rolling grass-less hills as far as the eye can see. The ground is rough and uneven but there are no mountains even at the horizon.
    They came here through a portal that the scholar opened with an artifact she had on hand. Specifically a ornate hand mirror which does glow when the scholar wiggles it which supposedly lead to the portal being created at the same time. But wherever they are no, it does not quite match the scholars description of a camp.
    "We have to walk a bit, I need to be discreet about the mirror. Can't just show it to anyone."

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

[Thariza's Journey]

"I'm not exactly a stranger to walking long distances." Indeed, Thariza is proceeding with the easy stride of someone used to marching. "But this place looks more desolate than Ascalon. Where are we, exactly?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Epic Quest]

Willa definitely recognizes the other person as inhuman. Perhaps she’s someone like Astrana? The fact that she or he is hiding themselves suggests that perhaps Willa shouldn’t have been so brazen about herself. But then, how would she disguise a form so large?

Willa looks at Corvus and gestures at the pair with her eyes: go after them! Willa’s large form makes it impossible to disguise her movement, and a thousand pounds of woman getting up and barreling towards the pair is likely to make them flee as anything else.

15. - Top - End - #345

[Thariza's Journey]

"Eilean Loisg, home of the alvar or, as they are more commonly known, the drow." Ambrosia explains as she gestures out at the desolated plains. "Supposedly once a lush paradise, now a wasteland." She shakes her head. "However, the art if crafting are still very much alive and the drow are still masters of it. The expedition came here to find out more about their lost crafts and I hope that you can learn something of it as well." The scholar have to actually break into a short jog to catch up with Thariza now as she can't explain and match her march speed at the same time. "Keep in mind though, your people don't exist here and the less people around here know of it and the nexus, the better. I'm saying this since the people at the camp are bound to ask you questions. For better or worse, you are unique here, Thariza."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-06-15 at 04:37 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

[Thariza's Journey]

Thariza will slow down to let Ambrosia keep up with her. She's... not sure what Ambrosia is, come to think of it, but she's more or less human sized, so she can't march like a Charr.

"Alright, fair enough. So what should I tell them? Is it okay if they know about Tyria? Or should I pretend I'm from this world, but some place far away?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #347

NinjaGuy

[An Epic Quest]

Corvus breaks eye contact with the man after just a moment, and finishes his drink quickly, seemingly ignoring Willa's prompting, before rising to his feet and beginning to make his way towards the exit, doing his best to seem uninterested in the man or his inhuman companion. He wants to talk to them, after all, but apparently, they're more put off by Willa than him. Or so he hopes at least.

18. - Top - End - #348

[Thariza's Journey]

"If they ask about your world, tell them nothing. Say its on my request. That way you don't have to lie or make up some cover story. The easiest solutions are usually the best ones." Ambrosia remarks. "They'll understand, secrecy and red tape is something they come across a lot." The scholar smiles as she walks. "Besides, some of them are as strange as you, they even have a fey in the group." Ambrosia turns her head to Thariza. "Are you at all familiar with what drow are like? They look a lot like humans." She taps her ear. "But pointy-eared, like me. And knowing that, you might notice a curious pattern. Would you venture a guess what it might be?" She smiles. "And no, I am not drow."

[An Epic Quest]

The man makes a hand-signal to his companion who nods in response and then approaches the bartender. The inhuman companion staying right next to the door, overwatching the situation under their hood.
    He is going to ask the bartender about Willa and her purpose there, unless Corvus intervenes of course.

19. - Top - End - #349

NinjaGuy

[An Epic Quest]

Corvus makes his way past the man, but pauses next to his companion near the door. He doesn't directly at the non-human, but the person can tell what he's saying is directed at them.

"Lookin' for Azul. If that's you, I'd like to have a chat, if you don't mind."

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

[Thariza's Journey]

Thariza nods. Clam up and reply that she's not allowed to say anything, she can do that. She was prized for her ability to shut up when ordered to in the Iron Legion.

"Well... I've never heard about drow, but a lot of races look like just like humans, only with some bits thrown in," Thariza ventures.

21. - Top - End - #351

[Thariza's Journey]

Ambrosia nods. "Indeed, I've noticed that as well. But while I can't explain that pattern in the nexus there is story, well, perhaps fable is more accurate, that explains the pattern in my home world. It goes that there were once a group of powerful canine fey. Known for, among other things, creating the species of wolfen who worship them to this day. These fey were wild and savage, but also had a spark of creativity and intelligence within them which they used to create the wolfen. But this side was never recognized by any of the other intelligent species who only saw the savage side of them. Until humans started to make their mark upon the world and braved that savage side of the canines to find that loving companionship no others had recognized.
    Thus, they fell in love with humanity and split into two groups. One, now known as the 'wolfir', remained savage and wild with disdain for humanity for taking away their brothers and sisters. The other, now known as 'elves', took on human guises. Only keeping the ears as reminders of what they once were. As they were the creative and intelligent part of the canine-fey they went on to create many other beings, such as the drow, who they all based on their beloved humans. And as the fable suggest, they have a connection to what's now known as 'dogs'. A constant companion of humanity."

[An Epic Quest]

This up-close, Corvus can see two reptilian eyes watching him from underneath that hood, they're not located where a humans eyes would be either as the shape of this persons head seems more oval and elongated than a humans would be. Still, the rest of their face is covered by a scarf so he can't make out much else.
    Without looking at him, the hooded stranger replies. "Whaatt's your buuusiness wiiith himm?" They speak in a strange accent that makes it sound like they're drawing out every word. It's also hard to place their inhuman voice on the masculine/feminine scale, making it quite difficult to guess their gender as their clothes conceal the rest of their body.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-06-16 at 07:41 AM.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

[Thariza's Journey]

Thariza's ears flick.

"Huh. That would explain a thing or two. Though it doesn't sound like a story all drow would be particularly fond of."

23. - Top - End - #353

[Thariza's Journey]

Ambrosia smiles as she poke her ear again. "Oh, I see no offence in it." But then she thinks for one more moment and takes on no usual somber expression. "Yes, never tell any of them it. They are not fond of strangers, especially strangers that doesn't look like them and tell stories like that." The scholar takes a moment to look out over the desolated landscape. "If you see a group approaching before we can reach the camp, the best we can hope for is talking our way out of the situation. War-bands travel by horse and tend to harass anyone they come across on these plains."

She gestures at a hill in the distance. "We're going that way, there is a old abandoned watchtower there which they fortified. If you think you can outrun a horse, feel free to grab me and run towards it if we come across drow as they're not known for mercy either."

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

[Thariza's Journey]

"I don't give myself good odds of outrunning a horse," Thariza says. "We just need to hope they'll overlook a pair of travellers from nowhere. Or they're scared by my magic, maybe. I doubt they've ever seen anything like it."

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Epic Quest]

The bartender gives Willa a look at the man approaches. "How can I help you?"

26. - Top - End - #356

NinjaGuy

[An Epic Quest]

"I'm looking for some information, and I was told he would be a good place to start. Naturally, I'm willing to make it worth his time," Corvus replies in turn, still not quite looking at the inhuman person. He's used to dealing with...unique individuals, and that was before he came to the Nexus, even, so the person's appearance doesn't bother him in the slightest.

27. - Top - End - #357

Show

[A New World]

"I don't do biding time." Ithuriel mutters, shaking her head. The grotesque scene before her ought to be more disturbing, but now is not the time for that. She's seen worse. It's unpleasant, but she's seen worse. "If you wanted someone to prolong your own suffering, you shouldn't have summoned a gods-blessed angel." As much as she'd like to call herself a "damn angel", some things are hard to justify. Though using blessed in this context probably sounds a little weird.

She stays silent as Connor slaps Beauty. Boy did she want to do that right now, but that seemed more likely to result in an escalation than if the young man does it. Beauty is clearly greatly distressed which speaks volumes to the severity of the situation, but what did she expect? How many "heroes" would come through into this mess, accept Beauty's cause in a heartbeat, and obediently march off to buy them some time? And how much time? Years? Decades maybe?

Maybe just months?

Ithuriel clenches her fist.

"You've made your point. Those people- ugh, infected by this thing are the dead still walking. I can't redeem the dead. You want me to kill them? I'll kill them. But I'm not happy with that. You-" Her eyes narrow and she jabs her finger towards Beauty. "You deserve a second chance too, free from this conflict. You want a way out? I could give you a way out, for everyone, if my portal worked." She gently rolls the dead man over onto his side and steps round him. "So please, tell me there's a way to fix that. If it can be done at all, I don't care how difficult it is, you'll have my services until I do it. I'm not happy delaying the inevitable. I'm not happy accepting it is inevitable. Deal?" She asks, offering her hand to shake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Show

YLEF - I Wish I Could Get My Hands On A Kraktion Replay

Most people would give you a strange look if you told them to chew bubblegum like their life depended on it. Of course, Marina doesn't even bat an eyelash at Alex's strange orders; after a career spent almost exclusively in service to Suzie, she had long since become accustomed to whimsical tasks and mundane things being treated like the fate of the world hung in the balance. And so she starts to chew gum with zeal, noting with surprise that raspberries did not taste like she expected at all and quietly dreading the prospect of convincing Suzie to go to the dentist's after this.

"Milady, you flatter me far too much. Let's hope I don't need to prove you right." It's a little hard to get the words out while chewing, but there's no mistaking the playful tinge to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    A New World

Beauty doesn't move away from the slap, nor does she flinch. For a brief moment she looks saddened, but not at his accusation, and she reaches out to take the hand that slapped her and hold it gently between her own. "Connor, you do not understand what I am, do you?" She asks gently, producing a soothing warmth between her hands to mend the pain slapping her produced. "I did not deny your weapons because you are not a combatant. I denied your blessings upon weapons because you yourself stated that doing such was a corruption of your work, your art. I can no more tell you to enchant weaponry than I could tell an artist to destroy their painting or a sculptor to topple their piece. I am the beauty of this world personified. There are things I cannot do that go against that nature."

Done with the mending, she lets go of the hand to face both of them easier. "It has not been mere weeks here since you've been here last, Connor. It has been months, nearly a year, here. I have dealt with group after group of summoned people just outright attacking me, declaring that I am the monster, or have simply refused. My tolerance for such things has grown thin. I cannot wage a war on three fronts." She explains before resummoning her dagger and offering it to Ithuriel, pommel first. "If you seek enough magic to create a stable portal through to your realm enough for the innocents of this world to traverse through, then you will need to carve out the Eye of the current self-proclaimed Mother. Then you need at least one other from another Facet. If you'd rather end this conflict, then you'll need to slay all of us before we can be reborn. And perhaps in the end, that would be a kindness as I cannot truly depart this realm."

"I can send shades of myself through, little pieces, but I am as much part of this world as the Great Eye above. I cannot be saved, but if you are willing to help...then perhaps the people can be."

YLEF - Game Genus

"If I had to list things that might be a challenge for my fellow minion in order of immediate threat, the caustic gas that's going to be filling this elevator once we get past the 13th floor would be the highest ranked. Thankfully, everyone who works here knows to stuff every visible hole with gum whenever they're in the elevator going anywhere, but it does tend to melt away from the acid mist when it's dried up. So if you hear a hiss or see a hole, jam some gum in there." Ah, boobytraps. The cowardly evil overlord's first, last, and sometimes only resort. Minion A calmly stretches out and rips off a piece from an already impressively large wad and shoves it into a small crevice that had some crusty pink flakes around the edges near the floor buttons.

A New World

Connor smiles sadly, at both his host's admission and the idealism and drive of the angel he'd been drawn here with. Just listening to her gave him hope, and he could believe might give Beauty some as well.

"As I think she has amply proved, Beauty, Ithuriel is not those heroes you are used to dealing with, and she deserves to be treated as her own person." And he'll leave his advocacy there, as he doesn't want this situation to get any more polarized. But with Beauty's admission of her own limits, Connor considers his next words carefully.

"You cannot deny there is beauty in tragedy, and honesty in passion. The symmetry of a perfectly crafted tool is not lost on me, nor is the awe of a terrific weapon, expertly honed. My art and my craft are my heart and my soul, Beauty, and I will ply it how I will. So even though you could never ask me to do this for you, I doubt you will stop me." He speaks softly, yet precisely, the thinnest layer of silk sliding across the tempered steel of his resolve.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

28. - Top - End - #358

[An Epic Quest]

"Wee'ree noot inforrmation brookersss." The hooded figure hisses lowly. "If yoou are interessted in ourss ressearch, you can taalk to me. Otherwisse we have no bussinesss."

At the bar, Azul smiles charmingly. "Cheer up, Usman, what if I'm here to help you?" He raises his eyebrows as he poses the question. Then he just flicks a gold coin over. "With tip that is, you know I'm always about helping my favorite inn. I mean, even the fey are drawn here so must be doing something bloody well."" He quickly glances at Willa. "Unless of course there is some other reason for their visit." He grins. "Just don't look at her, keep your eyes on the money old chum." He places his finger on the coin.

[Thariza's Journey]

"They rarely overlook anything, but they are a superstitious bunch, or so I heard. But regardless, it doesn't look like we'll be running into them until we reach the camp."
    And sure enough, they can soon see the silhouette of the watchtower the camp is supposed to be based around in the distance. Growing larger as the two slowly make their way across the plains.

However, as they are making their way up the final slope to the tower itself, Ambrosia suddenly stops and kneels down. She brushes the ground and Thariza might note that the scholar appears to have spotted dozens of horse-tracks on the ground. "Not good." She declares, frowning deeply.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

[Thariza's Journey]

"Horses, and lots of them," Thariza confirms, standing over Ambrosia. "Looks like those horse-riders you've mentioned are around. And headed for the same camp as we are."

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Epic Quest]

The glance is enough, paired with all the staring before. Willa stands up and smiles innocently at the two men.
    "Now now, isn't it rude to talk about a lady behind her back?"

She's bluffing of course. She couldn't hear a word of their conversation. But really, with all that staring and looking, would they really not have said a thing or two about her? And they don't know that she doesn't have super amazing spirit ears. She needs to talk to these people at some point and she has to make a move some time today. Worst case scenario they tell her to go away and she sits back down.