New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots 3: With government backing we can make it very silly

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Ponies!!!]

"Nuh uh!" Laela reaches out and pats the top of the pony's head. Her face is split ear to ear by her grin. "Hi pony. Do you have a name?" She asks, giggling in her barely contained glee.
    [Ponee maybee]

The pen's equine inhabitant lifts his head up into Laela's hand, making a soft whinny. "Oh, really?" Says her pa. A little more quietly, he adds, "Cool."

That was... a nice feeling. Worrying about missing some of his eldest kid's firsts is something he does all too frequently, even if it just happens that Sakura was the one to be there with them instead.

"How are you liking school, kiddo? I haven't seen you in that uniform they gave you yet," Adir says.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2018-10-04 at 05:30 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Ruins of Juniperwood Town

[Ghost types attract the morbid and the frail. She was both, and prepared herself for death and what comes after. She did not see the death she met. I know she will return. She promised she would. I cannot leave her. I have waited longer than I expected. I have been remembering. The battles, the badges, the friends, the foes. She will return. Then we can leave together, go on another adventure. Me and her, as it was and will be again. Tell your trainer to leave the badges and the ribbons, she has not earnt them. I- we- have. The rest should be used. For her, they are mementos. I don't need them. Perhaps she'll see them, or hear your thoughts, and remember herself. Perhaps she won't. Perhaps now I am alert she will find my soul.] It's pretty clear the Duskull hasn't spoken much in a long time; its voice is dry and halting. It... Might not make much sense, but the Duskull has hope, but not belief. It does not think its trainer might return; it knows that she will come back, and it's simply a matter of time. It hopes it's less time rather than more, but knows it will be eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Ruins of Juniperwood Town]

[Hang in there, buddy. Sometimes people just get a little lost, trying to find their way back. Might have to do a little looking. And If she told you a spot she'd like to be, I'd be happy to get her there.] Some people have preferences for that sort of thing, if they see their end coming. [Good luck, my friend.]

Jace turns to Veronica. "He says the badges and the ribbons are hers, but he wants you to use the rest."

Veronica finishes setting the duskstone in place before hesitating a bit and looking over at the ghostly dude. "I...I kinda hate just taking it this time. Is there anything we can do for him?" She asks, truly feeling guilty about this. It was likely a good thing that she didn't know the entire tragic story yet.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

[This is just an abandoned human suit. She has left it and moved on. Her new form should be attracted to the memories held within this room. So far she has not arrived.] That said, the Duskull drifts back down to rest on the pillow, though the light that is its eye doesn't go out.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ruins Of Juniperwood Town]

Jace shakes his head.
    ”He says that the stuff is her mementos. He thinks maybe getting them out there will remind her, wherever she is, that he’s waiting for her, so he doesn’t mind. But it’s your call.”

[My partner wishes to express her sympathy and help, if you need anything. If not, have a good night, buddy.] Jace whispers to the little ghost.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Veronica frowns. Even if she understood it all, she didn't have to like it. She'll pull a business card out of her pouch and set it on the dresser. "I don't know if you know how to use a phone or have access to one, but if you or your trainer need me, all you need to do is call the number on here and I'll help however I can. Promise." She swears before delicately removing whatever she was allowed to remove from the display case. She leaves the duskstone there however. It fit well with the room.

After that, she'll very much prefer to head out of the house rather than explore further. It didn't feel right to spoil the place any more.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Juniperwood Town Ruins

[If you see a Shuppet, tell it that Dusky awaits. If it's her, she'll know what it means.] Dusky watches the two humans and the tiny dragon leave, before returning to its lonely vigil.

Outside the house, there's just the Pokemon Centre left to explore. The red-roofed building's glass double doors are shattered, with shards of glass spread across the street nearby. Or they could go home, but I'd rather they didn't.

EDIT: The black gemstone is a Ghost Gem, and can be used to power up a Ghost move... Or potentially boost a necromantic spell, but using it consumes it. The dark purple stone is a Spooky Plate, engraved with 'The power of defeated giants infuses this plate', which boosts Ghost moves more reliably. The key opens doors; specifically doors into the realm of the dead. It doesn't work from the life-side of the door, however, but if Veronica manages to keep it when she dies, she might be able to use it to sneak out. Somebody else already has.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2018-10-11 at 05:10 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Ponee maybee]

The pen's equine inhabitant lifts his head up into Laela's hand, making a soft whinny. "Oh, really?" Says her pa. A little more quietly, he adds, "Cool."

That was... a nice feeling. Worrying about missing some of his eldest kid's firsts is something he does all too frequently, even if it just happens that Sakura was the one to be there with them instead.

"How are you liking school, kiddo? I haven't seen you in that uniform they gave you yet," Adir says.
    [Ponies!!!!!]

"It's okay." Laela replies, somewhat distracted by the ponies in front of her. "We have to read but some other kids are so slow at it."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

[Juniperwood Town Ruins]

Jace and Zebes exit the building. Jace stands close to Veronica, but doesn’t reach out to her. He’s not sure how she’s feeling about what just happened.
    ”How are you holding up?” he asks her somberly.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Veronica walks out of the house, wings resting on her head as she wonders about what she had just been through. "...yeah, I'm holding up alright." She says after some degree of consideration as she heads on towards the PokeCenter. "I mean, I wish there was more I could do for the little guy, but there really isn't, is there?" She points out. "All we can do is keep truckin' along."

After reasoning herself to keep going, she calls her drone to rest over her shoulder. "Alright. Last stop, here we come." And with that, she'll step into the building.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Opposite the door there's a counter with a strange-looking machine with six pokeball sized slots and a large screen. Sat on the counter is a working computer. To the right of the counter is a large space with a flag on it- a tattered piece of cloth depicting a stylised Magnemite over crossed swords. There's a rug rolled up underneath it, revealing a large metal hatch in the floor. To the left of the counter is a small bookcase, with a handful of magazines and books on it. To one side of the door, there's a table with chairs around it, and to the other there's some sofas.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2018-10-13 at 04:21 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Juniperwood Town Ruins

"Looks like there's not much here, aside from the basement." Jace muses once they're inside. He takes a cursory look at the computer for anything interesting but he doubts they'll find anything. Unless there's even more evolution stones under the sofa cushions.

12. - Top - End - #72

[Ponies!!!!!]

"It's okay." Laela replies, somewhat distracted by the ponies in front of her. "We have to read but some other kids are so slow at it."
    [Ponee Tiem]

Those ponies have gathered in a trio, and seem to be vying for her hand. Or perhaps simply to lick some of the ice cream residue off of it. "Oh, no," Adir says, secretly elated. He grins. "Give them some slack, honey. Lots of people aren't going to be as smart as you. I would have been one of those kids when I was little like you, no doubt..." He thinks back. "If I'd known how to read at all, back then."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Veronica takes a small look behind the counter as well but eventually plants a foot on the hatch to try and open it. "Looks like!" She says, feeling proud of herself for getting this far today without messing up too badly. Sure, the rat had bit her wing and she desecrated a little girl's bedroom, but none of that was too damaging to her morale or morals. Should she be able to open the hatch, she'll look down to make sure it is safe before descending.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

Juniperwood Town Ruins

There's a potion under the counter, though this one is pink and not blue, and a folded pink apron. That's it. There's an old Luxury Ball down the back of the sofa, and there's a black handkerchief lying on the table.

Veronica won't be able to open the hatch, though. It's got an electronic lock, and can't be opened by hand. Jace, on the other hand, sees a screen on the computer saying:
    'You are logged in, PROFESSOR BAOBAB.
    Open Station ţ: The Ball
    Access Dharma Records
    Evaluate PokéDex
    Log Out

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

[Juniperwood Town Ruins]

Jace clicks the Open command, but also will skim the records. But if it’s all medical jargon it will mean nothing to him.
    ”Well it says ‘the ball’ so I figure they must have been storing some crazy kind of pokeball.” Jace suggests.
    ”That or they were building one of the lamest mobile armors of all time.”

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Ponee Tiem]

Those ponies have gathered in a trio, and seem to be vying for her hand. Or perhaps simply to lick some of the ice cream residue off of it. "Oh, no," Adir says, secretly elated. He grins. "Give them some slack, honey. Lots of people aren't going to be as smart as you. I would have been one of those kids when I was little like you, no doubt..." He thinks back. "If I'd known how to read at all, back then."
    [Ponies!!!!!!!]

Laela giggles with glee as the other ponies gather. She needs more hands for them all! "I guess. They shoulda learned at home, though." Or at auntie Cessie's! But maybe that's just for her.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

"Professor Baobab? Someone's parents read way too much poetry."
    Veronica remarks when she peers over Jace's shoulder after her failed attempt to open the hatch. "I assume opening the station means opening the hatch, but what about the records? If you open the hatch, I can scout ahead if you want to read records, or we can go back to that when we're done as a whole." She offers. Either way, she'll grab the luxury ball and potion while she's waiting for the hatch to open or Jace to finish up with the computer.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

Ruins of Juniperwood Town --> The Ball Station

There's a rumble as the metal hatch rolls into the floor, revealing a set of stairs down, ending in another door. The lower door is marked with a pokeball symbol in the centre of a geometric bagua. Resting on the steps are a pair of skeletons, a human wearing a white lab coat cuddling up with a Kecleon's skeleton. Lying next to the skeleton is a tiny semi-automatic pistol.

If Jace checks the records:
    Spoiler: Computer records
    Show
    You aren't stealing our research so easily, Team Atom. I've wiped this computer, and now I'm going to do the same in the Ball. I will not do anything to help such petty, small-minded thugs as you have proven yourselves to be. Once I have destroyed my work, I'll leave and you'll never find me.

You are evil, vile and villainous imbeciles who will burn destroy everything if you aren't stopped. I am ashamed for falling for your pretty rhetoric and not seeing your nihilistic desires.
    -Professor Baobab

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Ball Station]

"Looks like they must have sealed themselves in. It's possible that they've already wiped everything, but we can't use pokemon research data anyway."
    Jace carefully steps around the skeletons, not wanting to disturb the bones. Hopefully the opposite door isn't sealed.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone here seemed to have died snuggled up to their friend. In a way, it was sweet. In another it was just...incredibly morose. Still, Veronica couldn't help but envy that. She had her boyfriend of course but she lacked a little companion except for her drone which...didn't really think. Unlike Jace however, she doesn't have any doubts about disturbing this skeleton and she reaches down to try and check the labcoat for any key cards, keys, or any other device that could help unlock doors or computer terminals.

"Don't sell it short. We may not have a use personally for the data but I'm sure others would. If we can get any, we should."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

The Ball Station

The opposite door is not sealed, and swings open surprisingly easily, considering it's been abandoned long enough for the closest corpse to be reduced to bones. Beyond, there's a short corridor with three doors in it- one at the fair end, opposite where Jace stands, and one in each of the long walls to either side.

The skeleton has an identity tag in a pocket- this is Professor Aaron Baobab, and his friend was a Kecleon named Jester. He has a little plastic fob on a lanyard in his pocket, and a broken Great Ball as well. Also the little pistol lying nearby.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Ball Station]

Jace nods. "Fair enough." he says, and starts trying the doors. If they're all locked he'll have to wait for Veronica with that key card.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

The Ball Station

Veronica snags the plastic fob, the keycard, and the gun before rejoining Jace and Zebes. She'll hand him all of it given that he was literally better naturally at handling it than she was. "Here, hun. Go ahead and use these when you need to." With that, she'll follow along behind him as he opens doors.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

The Ball Station

The doors don't have key card readers, because it's an ID card, not a key-card. They do have proximity sensors to detect the chip in the fob, however.

The door at the far end leads to some stairs down, going in a U shape so the floor is under where they stand now and isn't visible.

The door on the left leads into a communal kitchen area, with flickering lights, a fridge, cabinets, a sink, cooker and microwave, with a table and chairs at one end for diners. The sink is filled with ash and burnt paper, and smoke-stains mar the ceiling.

The door on the right leads to a small bedroom, with two beds in it. There's also two wardrobes, two foot lockers and a small communal bathroom visible through an open door in the far wall. A duffel bag lies on the right bed, looking partially packed. Whomever was here probably left in a hurry, if they couldn't take everything and had to leave it behind.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

The Ball Station

”Thanks, V.” Jace takes the card with a smile, adding a quick peck on Veronica’s cheek.

He checks out the bedroom first, going through the bag and the various furniture and containers. He’s not expecting much from the kitchen but Zebes sniffs around there anyway.

26. - Top - End - #86

[Ponies!!!!!!!]

Laela giggles with glee as the other ponies gather. She needs more hands for them all! "I guess. They shoulda learned at home, though." Or at auntie Cessie's! But maybe that's just for her.
    [After Ponies?]

Adir sniggers and tries not to agree with his callous little darling. "Hey, some kids don't have parents as great as me or your mom. Or aunties as smart as Cessie." She probably did plenty to help Laela learn in her earliest formative years.

The dryad-dad will hold Laela up for as long as he likes, no matter if his arms get tired in the same position. Once they are finally finished and Laela manages to say goodbye to the ponies (if that can happen at all, oh dear!), Adir will try to take her by the hand as they walk through the farmer's market. Maybe around the perimeter of the pony pen.

"So, Laela... There's been something on my mind lately. Pretty unusual, I know," Adir quips. His voice drops in pitch rather tellingly, becoming something a little less light hearted. "But, um... do you... remember the times when your dad had to go away?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bye Ponies]

Laela can eventually be separated from the ponies, and she waves to them as they walk away. Her eyes barely leave the pen as they walk around it, but her dad's question does draw her attention. "Um, a little bit." It feels like an infinite time ago by now, but she remembers distinctly how sad mommy was.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Ball Station

Without the fob to go exploring further on her own, Veronica takes a peek into the kitchen before heading to the bedroom. "Looks like they definitely feared whomever was coming. There are burned secret or sensitive documents in the sink. Though if that was the case, why the weak security at the computer terminal?" She asks before heading back to the kitchen to check the fridge. Hey, there was a chance something other than horribly rotten food was in there, right?

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Ball Station

Well, the computer was left logged in. If Professor Baobab had bothered logging out before he came down here, it would have been more secure.

The wardrobes are mostly empty, with a white labcoat hanging in one; it's got a name on it- Dr. L. Manakki. Dr. Manakki didn't leave any bags behind; that's on the further bed. Her footlocker has three pencils in it, a pokeball, a pencil sharpener and a packet of long-expired chewing gum in it. The key is in the lock, though, and it's in very good condition. They could maybe take it or come back for it and sell it or use it themselves, if they want to.

The other footlocker has more stuff in it. There's some books, mainly fiction but there's also a complete Pokemon Manual, a book on minerals and their properties- with a focus on Evolutionary Stones, Megastones and other unusual crystals, and a Hoenn road atlas. There's also a folder of blueprints, presumably ones that Professor Baobab didn't know about, since he destroyed as much research as he could. The blueprints are mostly incomplete and highly technical, but there's one for a steam-powered gun designed to fire railway spikes, one for a standard pokeball, and one for a hand-held device to heal a fainted Pokemon, which are simple and complete enough to be built, with a basic understanding of the technical language and how to follow instructions.

The bag contains some clothes screwed up and shoved in without much attention paid to how they went in, a white-and-red Premier Ball, a steam gauge assembly, a fission battery, a pressure cooker, and a folding crutch.

The kitchen has a decent supply of tinned food and dried, preservative-laden mashed potato. There's cutlery in the drawers, and a few kitchen knives and a rolling-pin. Fortunately for Veronica, the fridge is empty, save a bottle of water and sealed bottle of milk that is almost certainly long curdled. When they left, they took the perishables with them. Except that milk.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

[Juniperwood Town Ruins]

Jace takes the folder and the books that are in good condition. And oh hey, the objectively best pokeball! The battery is too much like normal junk for him to lug in his quickly filling bag.

That just leaves the wardrobes and the bathroom to check before he rejoins Veronica.