New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots 3: With government backing we can make it very silly

[Bye Ponies!]

"Well, um," Adir frowns and looks down at his little girl. "How much has your mom told you about it?" Gotta establish how much context the child has got here. Adir still looks a little nervous, very wary of what he says.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

Ball Station, Under Juniperwood Town Ruins

...I very carefully gave all the parts needed for the Railway Rifle, which is in the blueprints.

There's nothing in the wardrobes, except Dr. L. Manakki's white lab coat.

In the bathroom, there's a toilet, a shower, and a sink with a medicine cabinet and a mirror. There's a bar of soap on the sink, and there's a pair of toothbrushes and a half-filled tube of toothpaste in the medicine cabinet, but nothing else.

Behind the final door is a set of stairs down. They're in a U shape, so the lower level is directly below this upper layer. Downstairs, there's a large space devoted to a laboratory, though there's a lot of damage. There's some big computer server-type things, but they've been smashed with a sledge-hammer, soaked in water and set on fire. Though it looks like the fire didn't take, hence the other methods used. The hammer was most effective, it appears. There's two rows of tall benches, a set of cabinets and another smashed computer.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ball Station]

Sorcerers are not known for their technical know-how of science-fiction level technology schematics.

”Mostly junk, but there were some nice papers and books. And more pokeballs. It’s a shame they’re kind of unethical.” Jace you’re only saying that because you’ve been a Pokémon. They’re not all sapient.
    ”Anything on your end?””Nope!” ”Oh, okay then.”

Down the stairs! Looks like there’s not much here. Jace looks around for anything salvageable, still functioning, or any other doors.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Desert Town]

Kray seems a bit frazzled, but seems to be happy. She can't quite figure out when he managed to have them swap her bag for this dainty little thing, or swap her holster out for this embroidered one. Or polish her revolver, or really manage any of this. She's fairly sure she enjoyed it, but it was all a big blur. She orders some chicken from the server, as she doesn't know if they have venison or some of the other things she likes.
    "Well, I don't know where you got all this money from, but you sure know how to treat someone you barely met. I'd say the only thing missing is a nice hat, but with my horns out of their proper shape that's not doable. You can't win 'em all." she says, but she's clearly not that bothered, occasionally looking down to eye the skirt or the clinking bangle against her foot. She's not sure how she got her in those, either, but she supposes it's not a dress.
    Coyote shrugs and laughs. As the music plays in the background, some chicken perched atop a bed of noodles in cream sauce, rolled with prosciutto, and topped with pine nuts and capers comes out. It's rather a lemony flavor. The server also asks her if she wants to order a drink with her food and presents a list of various wines and beers - recommending a slightly sweet riesling from a place called mittelrhein. Somewhere in the background she can hear some chairs being stacked.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

[Desert Town]

Kray happily takes the recommendation, even though she's never been a wine drinker. She's feeling refined today. But she probably won't actually like it. The food though, is good. And working the fork on the noodles is easier than it used to be with her less bulky fingers.
    "Well, thank you, either way. You've given me a lot seemingly on a whim." she tells him, poking at her food.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Ball Station

Veronica follows along behind and frowns when she sees the destruction. "We should see if we can get the hard drives, or the server if there is one near." She decides once she takes a look around. "Cabinets first though." She adds, heading over and stepping over to the side and opening it without being in the way, just in case it was trapped.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Ball Station

None of the computers are still functioning. Salvageable... Maybe, but whomever destroyed them knew which bit to destroy, so it's unlikely there's much if any data recoverable.

There's no more doors, either. There are things in the cabinets- more scientific equipment, mainly, and various computer and electronics parts. One of the cabinets, a pretty large one at that, is locked.

A thorough search of the cabinets reveal a box of pokeball shells, though they lack the internal bits that make them work, a set of very delicate screwdrivers, clamps and other highly technical tools for fine work, an antique microscope of polished brass and mahogany, and a box of medical supplies. There's also a notebook which missed the purge, although it's covered in equations about energy and radiation, possibly relating to the Moon Stone the notebook is hidden beneath.

Also, on one of the benches, there's a black silk handkerchief lying flat, very carefully laid out so there's no creases or folds in the fabric.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Bye Ponies!]

"Well, um," Adir frowns and looks down at his little girl. "How much has your mom told you about it?" Gotta establish how much context the child has got here. Adir still looks a little nervous, very wary of what he says.
    [A Distressing Lack of Pony]

Laela shrugs her little shoulders. "You were helping your dad?" Laela says uncertainly. It's not exactly something that gets discussed often, so she's pretty uncertain.

9. - Top - End - #99

[Near to Ponies]

"That's right. My dad and my brothers," Adir says. "It took... a lot longer than it was supposed to, honey. I hurt your mom pretty bad."

Adir stops and squats down on his haunches, looking into Laela's eyes. "I just wanted to make sure I didn't hurt your feelings too. Or that you didn't feel like... I would leave you. Or could ever go away again."

Adir sounds a bit quavery as he adds, "You don't feel like that, right?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

[Near to Ponies]

Laela looks at him with wide eyes. "No daddy." She says quietly. "If mommy hurts you can kiss her better, you know." She offers helpfully, perking up a little.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Juniperwood Town Ruins

Jace shakes his head, picking up the handkerchief.
    ”That’s a shame. Looks like this place might be a bust. Not a big deal; we’ve found plenty already.” he says with a shrug.

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Near to Ponies]

Laela looks at him with wide eyes. "No daddy." She says quietly. "If mommy hurts you can kiss her better, you know." She offers helpfully, perking up a little.
    [Near to Ponies]

Adir blinks. Aw, of course. Why was he ever worried? And that response was just cute, he can't help but laugh. "You're right! I guess I can! Why didn't I ever think of that?" The stag almost looks like he might weep, though it's unclear if it would be in joy, relief, sorrow, or all three.

"Or I can just do that for fun, too," Adir posits after a moment, and he'll punctuate it with trying to sweep Laela into his arms so he can waylay her with a barrage of smooches on the head and cheeks. Fatherly mirth and contentment resound in his words as he says, "Come on, let's go home."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2018-11-02 at 02:45 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Ball Station

Veronica frowns at the locked cabinet, testing the lock and door with a wing. "Hrm. Good lock." She admits before stepping back and using her drone to try and shoot it off. The little laser attachment to her drone isn't very powerful so it'll take four or five shots for it to potentially damage the lock and she'll keep her wings in front of herself for protection the entire time while she waits for it to finish. She would have grabbed the other items first, but she wanted to take full stock of the cabinets before taking anything. Her bag was getting rather full as it was.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

Ball Station

Before Jace manages to pick it up, the silk handkerchief moves. A point forms in the fabric, then a bulbous head with two large yellow and blue eyes, and then it narrows before billowing out again. "Shuppet?" It looks curiously at Jace and Zebes, and slowly drifts away.

The lock doesn't take much punishment, and falls off, though Veronica might be distracted when it does fall off. The shuppet is headed in her direction.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ball Station]

Jace isn't good at identifying pokemon, but Zebes is, and luckily this one had the courtesy of saying its name. Jace's eyes go wide with surprise. Wow, that...might have been easy.
    [Oh. Uh. Shuppet? Dusky was waiting for you.] Jace tries in pokespeak, just in case it's the one he was waiting for.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Ball Station

Veronica starts to reach out for the busted lock when she sees the pokemon. "Oh, hey there. How're you doing?" She asks, waving at it gently. "Have you been here long too? Hungry? I might have another granola bar or something..." She wonders as she grabs her pouch from her side to begin digging through it.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

Ball Station

The shuppet perks up when Jace mentions Dusky, and turns to stare at him, though it's still drifting closer to Veronica. Its attention snaps back to Veronica when she speaks, though it won't be interested in any granola bars Veronica may or may not have. If it catches a glimpse of something from the Duskull house, it'll tilt its head and stare. Shuppet seems less talkative than Dusky, and whilst the name seems familiar, Shuppet doesn't seem to remember who that is, or where they are.

Shuppet are attracted to negative emotions; Dusky has only love and respect for his trainer. This lab, though, is the site of somebody destroying their hardest work and a lot of knowledge and research they'd worked on, motivated by self-loathing, guilt and despair. Dusky doesn't know this place is here; he's not left his trainer's side in a long time. If he did, he'd have been waiting here, rather than there.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ball Station]

[Up the stairs and out, first house on the left...] Jace says quietly, and otherwise lets Veronica handle it.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Ball Station

Veronica grumbles when she can't find the snack and goes to the computer desk to dump her pouch out. Everything she's taken so far is put on the table in plain sight and she organizes it before finally finding the granola bar. "Ah! There we go." She proclaims as she tears it open and offers it to the little spirit thing. "Hungry?"

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

Ball Station

Shuppet's eyes lock onto the Spooky Plate when Veronica dumps the bag, before moving to her eyes and bursting into a grin, then turning to Jace and Zebes, still grinning like a loon. She performs a loop-di-loop and shoots out of the room as fast as she can, totally ignoring the granola bar and just zipping away.

I think the Shuppet's remembered something important and needed to go somewhere else.

Veronica might not have even opened the wrapper before she flew off, but at least the cabinet's open now. Speaking of, within the cabinet are a pair of wrist-mounted computer things, with a swizzle knob and several buttons on it. They're both off at the moment, but there's a reset button that's just tricky enough to press to avoid pressing it accidentally, if they want to test them.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ball Station]

Jace looks up the stairs as the Shuppet goes, an odd, proud look on his face.
    ”Well, looks like that did it. We’ll leave them to their reunion.

Oh, those are like Geneva’s. Nifty. And probably expensive.”

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Ball Station

Veronica stares after the Shuppet when it leaves, not quite sure what had happened considering she hadn't been privy to the entire conversation, but after a moment of confusion she just goes about putting her things away. Maybe she'll leave the snack bar at the Raticate's place before heading out of the town. Despite the bite he'd given her, she didn't hold anything against the lil' guy.

Once she puts it all away she takes a look at the devices, frowning a bit. She'll hold one up to her wing, where it'd rest on a normal person's wrist followed by holding it towards her ankle. "...as neat as they are, I think these'll have to go to you and Khannie. I can't put one on a wing and wearing one on my ankle only makes it look like I'm under house arrest." She points out. "Not to mention that my legs aren't flexible enough to make use of it."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

Ball Station

Very nifty! It's got all the functions of a PokeDex, plus an inventory management system, a map, a journal, and a health status bar to keep track of injury and illness. It also serves as a computer to which pokemon can be sent digitally, where they can romp and explore a virtual reality. And all of them work, too- powered by magical pokemon science, which also lets living creatures be stored in a computer.

The PokéBoys are very useful and potentially valuable; strange how Professor Baobab didn't try to destroy them like he did the rest of the research stored within the hidden bunker.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Near to Ponies]

Adir blinks. Aw, of course. Why was he ever worried? And that response was just cute, he can't help but laugh. "You're right! I guess I can! Why didn't I ever think of that?" The stag almost looks like he might weep, though it's unclear if it would be in joy, relief, sorrow, or all three.

"Or I can just do that for fun, too," Adir posits after a moment, and he'll punctuate it with trying to sweep Laela into his arms so he can waylay her with a barrage of smooches on the head and cheeks. Fatherly mirth and contentment resound in his words as he says, "Come on, let's go home."
    [Near to Ponies]

Laela giggles gleefully and squirms in his arms. "Too much!" She laughs. "Okay! I wanna tell everyone about the ponies!"

25. - Top - End - #115

[Departure from Pony]

"Yeah, why don't we do that?" Adir grins and sets her back down, taking the tiny girl by the hand. "Don't make your brothers too jealous, okay?"

Off they go, with Adir's spirits raised. Even soaring.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Ball Station

Jace shakes his head.
    ”Aren’t these things the one that are incredibly difficult to get off? Advanced tech can get a little wonky when Shapeshifting gets involved. I don’t know if it’s really worth the risk. They’re probably more valuable to trainers.” he suggests.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Ball Station

Veronica gives a small shrug. "To be fair, it'd probably be relatively little to get a decent enchantment put on these to allow them to meld into shapeshifting or to shift with you two. From what I've seen of her though, this is the sort of thing that'd make her entire Thanksmas." Veronica points out as she look around the rest of the room one last time. "I think this is the last of it too. I'll probably come back later to check on that little skull guy, but he probably wants some space for a bit. Ready to head home?"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Ball Station

These ones just buckle on, as it happens. Easy to put on, easy to take off. The difficulty there always struck me as a little odd; how do you wash underneath it if it can't be removed?

...There is one thing I've got planned as they leave, though.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ball Station]

"He's been waiting for his master to come back for a long time. If that really was her, I don't think there's any reason for them to stay here. I doubt they'll be here by morning. "
    Jace says with a genuine smile at a good deed done. Hopefully that'll make her forgive that they kind of raided her house and laughed at her dead parent's stuff. They'll turn to leave presently.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Ball Station

Veronica takes her time to make sure everything is in her bulging bag neatly and organized before slinging it over her shoulder once more. She takes one last glance at her ankle to make sure the bracelet is still there and gives a smile when(if) it is. "Well, looks like we're all done. I got a bite to my wing and a fair bit freaked out at a couple points but I think we've made it out high and dry. Just, uh, I'm definitely going to bathe for a long while when I get home. Wading through all that much certainly wasn't the brightest idea we've ever had." She explains as she leads the way out.